Firm Profile > Levari > New Cairo, Egypt
District 2, Area 1, 5th Settlement
Levari > The Legal 500 Rankings
Banking and finance Tier 2
Levari frequently advises leading Egyptian and international banks, financial institutions, investment banks, and private equity funds on credit facilities and syndicated loans. Sherif Hefni, Mohamed Raslan and Mohamed Shaaban are the main contacts and also handle extensive tax and capital markets work. Raslan, one of the firm's co-founders, specialises in investment transactions, banking and finance, tax and regulatory matters. Among the firm's key clients are World Bank Group and National Bank of Egypt.
Levari has succeeded in broadening its client base and increasing its role in high-value transactions since it was founded as a full-service international firm in 2012. It provides incorporation services for business start-ups, as well as establishing offshore trusts or offshore holding companies and registered offices. Partners Sherif Hefni, Mohamed Raslan and Mohamed Shaaban, along with senior associate Hatem Ahmed Sayed and associate Amr Hareedy, are the main practitioners. Netflix and Spinneys are among their clients.
Sherif Hefni; Mohamed Raslan; Mohamed Shaaban
Eden Health Care – EIC
Irwin Mitchell LLP
World Bank Group
Flat6labs Accelerator for IT and Project Management
CHF Management and Consulting Services Egypt S.A.E
Al Ghad for satellite channels
Ten for Production
Okadoc Technologies Dubai
Proger Egypt for Engineering and Management
Proger International SA
Jones the Grocer
Naftogaz of Ukraine-Egypt Branch
National Bank of Egypt
Egyptian Medical Centre for Infertility
Careem Egypt for Smart Networks
Careem Payment Solutions S.A.E
Artiyapi Construction Engineering Architecture Consultancy Co.
Savills Egypt Consulting JSC
Byte Dance (Tik Tok)
Delta Timber Egypt
M&W Group for Food Production (Pop City)
Egyptian International for Hospitals Management
International Food Academy
International Data Corporation (IDC)
Intellectual property Tier 3
Levari focuses on the protection and registration of trade marks in Egypt, as well as handling certificates of origin, designs and patents, copyright law and domain name licensing. Litigation, finance and regulatory specialist Mohamed Raslan and senior associate Hatem Ahmed Sayed are the key contacts for IP matters, where the firm advises large international clients including Netflix.
Other key lawyers:
Hatem Ahmed Sayed
Levari > Firm Profile
The firm: Levari was established in 2012 as a full-service international law firm. Today Levari boosts a team of 35 lawyers and seven support staff across three countries – Cairo, Dubai and London.
Levari has the expert local knowledge to help drive local and international businesses as well as the experience and proficiency to manage significant foreign investments and cross-border transactions. We offer clients strength and depth of service provision and commercially astute legal solutions. We boast regional leadership with a national reputation for delivering quality advice.
Corporate and Commercial Team
Our Corporate and Commercial team work for a range of clients on corporate restructuring, M&As, fundraising, joint ventures, corporate advisory and commercial contract matters. Our client credentials are solid, and we aim to build long-term relationships based on the value and consistency of service. The Commercial team undertakes contracts and negotiations on behalf of our clients and we provide contracts in Arabic, English, and French.
Our Litigation team does not only cover their local market but also cross-border litigation, covering Cairo, Dubai, and London. The team undertakes labor, corporate and commercial ligation on a regular basis and thus is always aware of legal and proceedings updates. Within the team, we have special IP, construction and energy litigation specialists. The team has a strong reputation for seeking and protecting our clients’ rights in addition to giving sensible and cost-effective advice. The team also has experience in local and international arbitration in addition to the execution of international arbitration awards in local jurisdictions.
Also, the Dispute Resolutions team handles arbitration cases before different arbitration centers such as, but not limited to, CRCICA, ICC and the PCA.
They also deal with cases under the UNCITRAL, CRCICA rules and the Egyptian Arbitration law.
Areas of Practice
- Banking & Finance: We advise leading international banks, financial institutions, investment banks, and private equity funds on credit facilities and syndicated loans. We have a strong commercial focus and project management abilities to achieve our clients’ objectives.
- Commercial, Corporate, and M&A: We provide legal advice to clients in every aspect of their business activities. We offer comprehensive services from the incorporation of companies to mergers and acquisitions, management buyouts, cross border transactions, agency, distribution and franchising agreements, and joint ventures. We have exceptional cross-border transactional skills, particularly in advising multinational investors (acquirers, targets, sellers and financial institutions) on high-end M&A deals in the region.
- Corporate Structuring and Offshoring: We are able to provide incorporations services in most offshore and tax-efficient countries for business start-ups as well as establishing offshore trusts or an offshore holding company, registered offices, and company secretariat. We have experience in BVI, Caymans, Mauritius, Gibraltar, Delaware (US), Ireland, Netherlands, and UK.
- Dispute Resolution: We are well placed to deal with all aspects of your dispute. We are regularly involved in complex high-profile litigation and we have particular expertise in the field of commercial contracts, professional negligence, construction, and property disputes as well as court support for schemes of arrangement/capital reductions.
- Employment: We advise both employers on contentious and non-contentious issues in the workplace such as the pre-contract negotiation of working conditions, employment contracts, the transfer of employment on the sale of a business, and supplementary employee benefits schemes.
- Real Estate: Our services include deducing and reporting on title, acquisition and disposal contracts, specialist planning real-estate tax advice, property and securitization and property development. We provide a comprehensive property service for any type or size of deal under different jurisdictions.
- Intellectual Property: We offer services in protection and registration of trademarks in Egypt, and extension around the world as well as certificates of origin, protection of designs and patents, issues of copyright law, and domain name licensing and the expertise to protect your intellectual property through contractual safeguards.
- IT & Telecoms: We offer comprehensive advice in the complex field of information technology, not only to IT companies but also to the end-users. Whether it is software development contracts, licensing and user contracts or maintenance and service agreements, we always have the technical expertise to assist.
- Oil & Gas & Renewable Energy: We can advise on transactional and operational issues at home and overseas, ranging from licensing, joint venture work, and unitization through the value chain to project contracting and oil and gas transportation. We also provide legal services to developers, investors, utilities, and project owners in the burgeoning renewable energy sector.
Levari aims to build long-term relationships with clients and adjust our approach to suit their different needs and preferences. We take the time to understand our clients’ needs and where best we can help to add value to the services they deliver. We always strive to take a friendly professional approach. We aim to work in harmony with you and your other advisers.
From our offices in Cairo, Dubai, and London, we are well aware that parent company clients operating outside of their usual jurisdiction face many practical challenges, in addition to the standard legal ones. Levari has significant experience working with local businesses to negotiate service contracts for international clients to protect their interests while maintaining business efficacy. Levari has access to a pool of experts that, at a client’s request, can be accessed to provide industry-specific local knowledge, trends, and advice. Once the client requests an expert, they join the team of lawyers and work directly with them to provide tailor-made solutions.
Its network offices, members of MI InterAct, are part of a powerful international network of lawyers with offices in 24 cities, which enables it to offer an integrated service across different jurisdictions.
The benefits of our approach
We believe that the benefits of using our team for legal advice include:
- A personal, partner-led service – we give you bespoke advice to satisfy your needs;
- One team working together across national borders – working closely as one team with our international partners;
- A team at your doorstep – we are on hand to meet with you at your offices at short notice and we work closely as your inhouse counsels;
- A swift and efficient response – you will have our direct dial and mobile phone numbers;
- An up to date team – we keep the team and clients abreast of changes and developments;
- A competitive fee structure – to deliver value for you;
- Timely advice – we will agree upon and meet deadlines;
- A proactive approach – we email a brief synopsis of legal developments which may affect as and when they happen;
- Client consideration – we want our clients to be happy with the service we provide, and periodically review with you how we are performing. The clients that we advise range from multinational to entrepreneurs and experience tells us that however large or small the client, a pragmatic and cost-effective service is required.
- Quality and Risk Management– Before advice or documentation is delivered, it is Levari policy to subject it to a process of internal peer review. Coupled with the experience of dealing with similar issues for other clients, this ensures that you can be confident that the advice we give is technically accurate. The in-house team meets monthly, with each meeting including training delivered by one or more of the team on a particular area of practice.
- Supplementary materials – We aim to keep clients informed of recent legal developments, and comprehensive updates on these are provided via email free of charge. We are then able to follow up with a telephone call to consider with you what action, if any, is required, and whether that action is needed immediately, or might be left for a period in order to combine it with other steps you need to take so as to maximize efficiency and minimize costs.
In fulfilling our mission, we endeavor our strength through the following:
- Covering the entire spectrum of business law in addition to offering tailor-made solutions in order to address issues related to business law.
- Working with our clients to find pragmatic and comprehensive solutions to all issues affecting different professions and industries.
- Ensuring that the right people are deployed on the case at the right time, coordinated by experienced partners who serve as personal contact and who know our client’s needs and requirements, so they can expertly represent the client’s interests.
- Offering our clients strength and depth of service provision and commercially astute legal solutions.
- Bringing together the best specialists to create an efficient, incisive, and principled team of lawyers committed to delivering the highest possible quality.
At Levari, we are committed to excellence in all aspects of our service and we seek to provide the best, most economical and innovative legal solutions to our clients. In summary, our ethos is based on being:
- Dedicated to our clients – we believe that to help you succeed we need to learn your strategic objectives and operational practices. We work hard to understand and accommodate your needs and even harder to exceed your expectations.
- Service and solutions-driven – we are committed to providing definitive, pragmatic, commercial advice. We consider it essential to provide reasoned, technically correct, practical and clear recommendations of how to proceed on any issue on which we are asked to advise.
- Tried and tested – we have a proven track record of successfully advising companies, from local business to global entities. Levari’s founding partners can call on almost 50 years of experience in the business and financial industries.
- Experienced, expert and highly recommended – we have strong technical capabilities and are able to advise on acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, management buyouts and debt related transactions of all sorts. Our project teams consist of specialist lawyers, experts in their respective fields. Our team is accustomed to delivering first class professional advice.
- Across national borders –Levari can provide an integrated international service that utilizes its Interact Law network of lawyers across the world.
- Informed and ahead of the game – We have the resources base, breathe of experience, and connections to allow us to be creative and to assist you proactively with the issues you face.
- Private and confidential – we protect our clients, their privacy and confidentially. The relationship between our clients and Levari is a sacred one. As such all matters are kept safe and secure from conversations, emails to transactional work.
- Cost-effective – sensible and efficient working methods with competitive and transparent pricing structures giving you cost certainty and therefore complete budgetary control.
|Mrs Laura Bradford||Of Counsel – Specializing in intellectual property, corporate and commercial law. She…||View Profile|
|Mr Amr Hareedy||Junior Associate||View Profile|
|Mr Sherif Hefni||Partner – Corporate & Commercial with specialisation in corporate restructuring, investments and…||View Profile|
|Ms Reem Mahmoud||Junior Associate||View Profile|
|Mohamed Ramadan||Junior Associate||View Profile|
|Mr Mohamed Raslan||Partner – Corporate and Commercial law with specialisation in Banking & Finance||View Profile|
|Eyad Zamazam||Junior Associate||View Profile|