PETERKA & PARTNERS > Bratislava, Slovakia > Firm Profile
PETERKA & PARTNERS Offices
Námestie Mateja Korvína 1
811 07 Bratislava
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
PETERKA & PARTNERS > The Legal 500 Rankings
Slovakia > Employment Tier 2
With a well established presence across the CEE region, PETERKA & PARTNERS advises both employers and employees on a wide variety of labour and HR matters locally and internationally. The offering includes advice on collective bargaining matters, the transfer and dismissal of employees, and drafting of contracts and documents, as well as issues concerning Covid-19. Jan Makara jointly heads the practice alongside the director for Slovakia, Lubomir Lesko.
Lubomir Lesko; Jan Makara
Other key lawyers:
Kristina Cermakova; Kristina Nankova
‘An international team of professionals who are able to provide good legal services.’
‘Their quick responses and ability to solve requests in a short period of time is impressive. They also prepare bilingual documents.’
‘Kristina Cermakova attaches a thorough commentary on the given legislation to the issue being addressed.’
‘Jan Makara is flexible in every case, providing complex inputs and results.’
Constellium Automotive Žilina
Nissens Cooling Solutions SK
Nissens Cooling Solutions North SK
Roffelsen Plastics Slovakia
STEEP PLAST Slovakia
- Advising Nissens Cooling Solutions on various employment matters.
- Advising the Slovak subsidiary of SKF on various employment matters.
- Advising Constellium Automotive Žilina on various employment issues.
Slovakia > Dispute resolution Tier 3
For the disputes team at PETERKA & PARTNERS, commercial and insolvency litigation, and arbitration across the CEE region, are key focuses. It represents its clients in civil, employment, criminal, tax, and administrative proceedings before courts of all instances, handling both domestic and cross-border contentious mandates. Andrea Butasova has strengths in unfair competition, IP, and real estate disputes, and leads the practice alongside Lubomir Lesko.
Lubomir Lesko; Andrea Butasova
Other key lawyers:
‘The team has expertise, professionalism, and a wide portfolio of offered services.’
‘Professionalism, conscientiousness, and a wide range of knowledge are strengths of the practice.’
- Representing an insurance company based in Slovakia in litigation against its industrial customer concerning an alleged insurance claim.
- Representing a telecoms company in litigation against its former contractor.
- Representing a Czech commercial bank in litigation.
Slovakia > Real estate and construction Tier 4The real estate offering at PETERKA & PARTNERS extends across the CEE region, with cross-border transactions for international clients and advice to local developers on the Slovak real estate market being core focuses of the practice. It assists clients with a wide range of matters, including acquisitions, financing and refinancing mandates, development projects, leases, permitting issues, and related litigation in the office, retail, leisure, hotel, industrial, logistics, residential, and infrastructure spaces. Andrea Butasova leads the practice.
Smith Micro Software SK
Tatra Asset Management Group
- Advised real estate companies belonging to Tatra Asset Management Group on contractual relationships with their tenants.
- Advising Aldesa on several real estate development projects in Slovakia, including on the redevelopment and reconstruction of a prominent shopping mall in the Slovak capital and on the construction of a major public infrastructure project in Bratislava.
- Advising ATALIAN on several leases, including for administrative premises, warehouses, and workshops.
Slovakia > Banking, finance and capital markets Tier 5
Slovakia > Commercial, corporate and M&A Tier 5Jan Makara heads up the practice at PETERKA & PARTNERS, alongside Lubomir Lesko, the overall director for Slovakia. The department sits within the firm’s wider regional network of offices across the CEE region, and conducts M&A transactions for both local and international clients. On the commercial side, the team advises on relationships between business entities, regulatory authorities, and consumers.
Lubomir Lesko; Jan Makara
Other key lawyers:
Leader Gasket Technologies
Mölnlycke Health Care
Slovak Asset Management
Slovak Investment Holding
- Advising Slovak Investment Holding and Slovak Asset Management, subsidiaries of Slovenská záručná a rozvojová banka, on various potential investments in Slovakia.
- Assisting ATALIAN with a number of corporate matters and general commercial compliance.
- Advising the companies of ALDESA Group on a €90m infrastructure project in the Slovak capital.
PETERKA & PARTNERS > Firm Profile
PETERKA & PARTNERS is a modern, independent law firm providing comprehensive legal services in the region of Central and Eastern Europe. PETERKA & PARTNERS has developed a strong position on strategic markets with the ability to provide its clients with comprehensive legal and tax advice and become a dynamic alternative to international and local law firms.
With a team of more than 150 lawyers and tax advisors, PETERKA & PARTNERS operates eight fully-owned offices across the CEE region, in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine. PETERKA & PARTNERS is also in the process of opening a new office, in Croatia. All offices are 100% subsidiaries owned by the central partnership. The firm has one profit centre and uses the “One Firm” management concept.
The PETERKA & PARTNERS Slovak office was established in 2001. Over time, it has built up a strong, stable position on the market with its ability to provide the clients with comprehensive legal and tax advice in English, French, German, Slovak and Czech. PETERKA & PARTNERS in Bratislava supports its clients, both local and international companies, with day-to-day legal assistance and also wide-ranging assistance in complicated deals done on tight deadlines, mainly related to mergers and acquisitions, real estate, antitrust and competition, labour law, corporate law, dispute resolution and data protection.
|Partner, Director for Slovakia||Lubomir Leskofirstname.lastname@example.org||+420 225 396 831|
|Deputy Director for Slovakia||Natalia Tunegovaemail@example.com||+420 225 396 858|