Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys > Skopje, North Macedonia > Firm Profile
Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys Offices
IVO LOLA RIBAR STREET, NO. 57/1-6
Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys > The Legal 500 RankingsGeorgi Dimitrov Attorneys is noted for its corporate, commercial and M&A work - with a particularly high profile in the energy and mining sectors - as well as its dispute resolution strength. Name partner Georgi Dimitrov leads on corporate and commercial disputes and labour law issues, while Katarina Ginoska oversees all other arbitration, project development, and dispute resolution work.
Georgi Dimitrov; Katarina Ginoska
Other key lawyers:
Jane Ilijeski; Marija Jankuloska
‘The entire team is simply great and works very well together, even when there are pressing deadlines or when there is a very complex mandate at hand. In fact, this is when they excel the most – when faced with high-value, complex projects. This is their “bread and butter” and they are hard to match on the local market when it comes to such mandates! Based on our experience, they are our preferred partner in North Macedonia. We are more than happy to extend our endorsement for them!’
‘Georgi Dimitrov is a top-class attorney. He has vast experience in a variety of legal areas and especially with large-scale projects including in the fields of energy and mining. Katarina Ginoska is another partner at the firm that is absolutely amazing! She is very professional, highly experienced and always on top of the matters.’
‘I think the team is especially savvy in M&A transactions, they are professional, and have in-depth understanding of the market. They are fluent in English, and are able to offer premium support to foreign clients.’
‘Georgi Dimitrov is highly recommended, he has a lot of experience and is business-oriented in finding solutions.’
‘Marija Jankuloska is very responsive and pays great attention to detail.’
‘Katarina Ginoska has great experience in handling construction disputes and mining, and is able to provide clear and straight to the point advice.’
‘Our company has worked with Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys for quite some time now. We have engaged them in numerous matters – from labour issues and commercial dispute resolution to concession and tax-related matters. They have never failed to excel. The team has been together for a long period, and they have a perfect coordination and cooperation, offering stable and thorough support. We have worked with other lawyers in the meantime, but the quality of GDA’s service has always brought our most complex and most important legal matters to them.’
‘We have mostly worked with Katarina Ginoska and Marija Jankuloska – both of them have shown a great knowledge of the law and the system and very strong sense of details. We can rely on their full support and simply trust their judgement. Always accessible and dedicated.’
Silk Road Capital AG
Mermeren Kombinat AD Prilep
Makedonski Telekom, Deutsche Telecom
Orion Resource Partners
Traxys Capital Partners
Stopanska Banka AD Skopje
- Representing INTRACOM in a dispute against Beton Shtip regarding alleged debt collection of approximately €3m.
- Representing Mermeren Kombinat before the Administrative Court in a dispute against the Public Revenue Office concerning alleged tax debt with a value of approximately €2m.
- Representing Kvalitet Prom in a dispute against Municipality of Centar concerning illegal activation of a bank guarantee with a value of €4m.
Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys > Firm Profile
The firm: Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys was founded in 1996. Today, alongside the partners, the office employs four attorneys-at-law, two associates and administrative personnel: out of whom, one person has an LLM in international commercial law, three have an LLM in commercial law, two have an LLM in civil law, one person has an LLM in criminal law and one person is an authorised industrial property representative. The firm is located in the Skopje city centre and has all the necessary organisational and technical capacities for providing professional legal services to its clients in accordance with the highest criteria of the legal profession.
Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys is highly qualified for providing legal services to companies and investors of international type with complex organisational structures, with greater number of employees or investment portfolio in the country amounting to over €1bn. The firm’s specialisation is mining and commodities, M&A, commercial and contract law, corporate law and competition, while it also has vast experience in areas of financing and employment.
The firm works with a number of clients who receive its resources and knowledge to the maximum extent. In such areas as legal consulting, the response time is shorter than 24 hours from the appropriate consulting demand. Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys’ portfolio of clients includes: Orion Resource Partners, Traxys, Atalaya Mining, Microsoft, Arcelor, Volvo, Samsung, Philips, Opel, Wiebe, UPS, Deutsche Telekom, SOL Group, Macedonian Telecommunications, USJE, Halk Bank, Stopanska Banka, Mermeren Kombinat and others.
Areas of practice
- Providing continuous counseling regarding a PP and subcontracting, to international company involved in the rehabilitation of a Clinical hospital, with value exceeding $60mio.
- Provided legal counsel to Orion Resource Partners and Fusion Capital in a project concerning the acquisition and sale of SASA mine, with transaction value of over $400mio.
- Provided legal counsel to SASA Mine in a financing project with international consortium of banks and transaction value of over $80mio.
- Provided legal counsel to potential buyers in an M&A procedure to a foreign investor for the purpose of acquisition procedure over greenfield copper and gold mine.
- Provided legal counsel in a M&A procedure to a foreign investor for the purpose of acquisition over brownfield copper and gold mine.
- Successfully represented McDonald’s Corporation in a franchise and contractual liability dispute against local franchisee with value of over $4mio.
- Successfully represented the largest technical gases production company in the country, in a debt collection case exceeding €2mio.
- Been resident legal counsel to WIEBE GmbH regarding a PP project involving construction of linear infrastructural facilities (FIDIC arrangement).
- Provided legal counsel to SASA Mine as the largest miner of lead and zinc in Macedonia during negotiations, preparation and entering into construction agreement of tailings’ facility with STRABAG AG.
|Commercial law and contracts
|Mining and commodities
|Mining and commodities
|Personal data protection
|Consumers' relations and product liability
|Commercial law and contracts
|Meri Ristancevska Pavlovska
|Mr Georgi Dimitrov
|Georgi is a Managing Partner of Georgi Dimitrov Law Firm. Field of…
|Ms Nadica Dimovska
|Nadica is a Partner at Law Firm Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys. Her work…
|Mrs Katarina Ginoska
|Katarina is a Partner at Law Firm Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys. Her field…
|Mr Jane Ilijeski
|Jane is junior partner at the Law firm Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys. He…
|Ms Marija Jankuloska
|Marija is a senior associate at Law Firm Georgi Dimitrov and her…
|Mrs Meri Ristancevska Pavlovska
|Meri is associate at Law Firm Georgi Dimitrov Attorneys and main focus…
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 9
LanguagesEnglish Greek Macedonian Serbian Russian
MembershipsEmployment Law Alliance Union Internationale des Avocats
- Leading firms