Bennani & Associés > Abidjan, Ivory Coast > Firm Profile
Bennani & Associés Offices
IMMEUBLE SAYEGH, THIRD FLOOR - SUITE NO 2
22 BP 455 ABIDJAN 22
22 BP 455
Bennani & Associés > The Legal 500 Rankings
Ivory Coast > Leading firms Tier 3Bennani & Associés is a reputable firm which serves local business and international companies in North Africa and francophone regions. The firm is involved in a number of high-calibre mandates, especially within the banking and finance spectrum, advising Salama on the sale of its Senegalese subsidiary. Assemian Faustin Kouakou heads the Abidjan office with expertise in insurance.
Assemian Faustin Kouakou
‘The team is well equipped to handle cross-border M&A transactions from Abidjan. They work with international law firms on Ivorian and Ohada aspects of the transactions. The team is smart and responsive.‘
‘Medhi Bennani and Faustin Assemian Kouakou are leading professionals with strong expertise in business law.‘
‘Assemian Faustin Kouakou is quite responsive and willing to have his views pressure-tested. He endeavours to provide relevant solutions to his clients.‘
‘Assemian Faustin Kouakou has consistently provided swift, accurate and practical advice.‘
‘The team at Bennani and Associés is very responsive and provide accurate responses to clients requests.‘
‘Excellent service delivery.‘
‘Assemian always provided us with an excellent level of assistance, being not only a highly skilled lawyer but also one able to quickly find solutions. Indeed, he has a problem solving approach that is not so common in the market.‘
‘Assemian Faustin Kouakou is worth to be mentioned as a stand-out partner.‘
China Gezhouba Group International Engineering Co, Ltd
Vivo Energy plc
Bridgestone Middle East and Africa FZE
United Bank For Africa Plc (Nigeria)
Salama – Islamic Arab Insurance Company PSC
Rainforest Alliance (USA-New York)
- Advised Salama – Islamic Arab Insurance Company PSC on the sale of its Senegalese subsidiary, Salama Senegal, to Groupe Duval.
- Advised PAYSTACK Nigeria as local counsel on regulatory authorisation for the company’s activities in the Ivory Coast and other matters.
- Assisted Bridgestone Middle East & Africa FZE as part of its expansion in French-speaking West Africa, including set-up and operations.
Other key lawyers:
‘Bennani & Associés offers the level of service that meets the standards of the most sophisticated international law firms. I work with them in full confidence to cover my clients’ needs in Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.’
‘Mourad Seghir provides articulate and to-the-point advice.’
‘Responsive, efficient, independent.’
‘Strong expertise in Algerian laws and regulations.’
‘Always available and friendly, we are definitely convinced of its loyalty, competence and analytic qualities. They are always available to answer quickly and qualitatively to our requests.’
Hyundai Motor Company
British American Tobacco
- Advised Facebook on the launch of new products and data privacy issues.
- Advised Hyundai on a joint venture with an Algerian partner (Tahkout Manufacturing Company) for the production of passenger vehicles.
- Advised Bristol-Myers Squibb in relation to its disinvestment in Algeria.
‘Responsive, reliable, and a good presentation of advice.’
‘Mourad Seghir is a very good and calm lawyer who fits into any situation.’
‘The firm has strong relationships with the key stakeholders in Algeria’s energy sector, which allows them to have a unique level of insight on particular issues.’
Enel Green Power
Saudi Aramco Products Trading Company
Consortium including Centrotherm Photovoltaics
- Acted for Centrotherm International AG and Kinetics Germany GMBH in an ICC arbitration opposite Rouiba Eclairage in relation to a compensation claim involving bank guarantees.
- Advised Linde Gaz on regulatory issues related to importation and production of gas, as wellas assisting the client with corporate restructuring following the publication of the newFinance Law for 2021.
- Advised Enel Green Power on a regulatory review of potential photovoltaic and wind projectsin Algeria in connection with a potential 5,000MW project.
Bennani & Associés > Firm Profile
Firm overview: Founded in 2004, Bennani & Associes is a leading independent pan-African firm with offices in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Côte d’Ivoire and now also Democratic Republic of Congo. If offers cutting-edge business law expertise to listed and unlisted companies as well as public entities and international law firms active in the region. In each market, the firm has a particular expertise in representing foreign investors across a wide range of complex issues, including:
- General corporate law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Corporate restructuring
- Competition/antitrust and other regulatory advice
- Employment law
- Commercial litigation and arbitration
Industries served: The firm has extensive experience in representing a range of major industry sector, including (but not limited to):
- Consumer electronics
- Engineering and construction
- Financial Services
- Oil and gas
- Private equity
- Antitrust counsel to Alstom on filing of its €6.2bn merger with Bombardier (Morocco)
- Counsel to Sage Global Automotive S.R.L. on its acquisition of a 30% stake and voting rights in the Moroccan company, ERT Automotive Morocco Sarl-Au (Morocco)
- Counsel to Bunzl on Moroccan aspects of its acquisition of a 100% equity interest in Proin Pinilla, S.L., and Protec & Marti, S.L. (Morocco)
- Counsel to global investment management firm Carlyle in a $404m bankruptcy litigation procedure against the SAMIR refinery (Morocco)
- Counsel to Representing Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Morocco in commercial arbitration against its former distributor (Morocco)
- Counsel to Facebook on data privacy and payment instruments for new products (Algeria)
- Counsel to Hyundai on a new vehicle manufacturing joint venture with Tahkout Manufacturing Company (Algeria)
- Counsel to Evatherm AG in successful defence against penalty claims relating to a turnkey salt production plant (Algeria)
- Counsel to Enel Green Power on regulatory review of 5,000MW of photovoltaic and wind farm projects (Algeria)
- Counsel to Delfingen Industry in the acquisition of a 100% shareholding in Schlemmer group’s Tunisian subsidiary (Tunisia)
- Counsel to Volkswagen regarding merger clearance of its joint venture with Rimac (Tunisia)
- Counsel to Salama – Islamic Arab Insurance Company PSC on the sale of its Senegalese subsidiary, Salama Senegal, to Groupe Duval (Côte d’Ivoire)
- Counsel to Paystack Nigeria on regulatory authorisation of the company’s activities (Côte d’Ivoire)