Ambos > Brussels, Belgium > Firm Profile
Ambos > The Legal 500 RankingsAmbos advises on a full range of maritime and logistics work – including shipping and port law issues – for a range of international shipping groups and blue-chip multinationals from across the sector. Recent highlights for the team include full scope dry shipping advisory mandates, various contract negotiations, and contentious proceedings acting on behalf of major governmental bodies. Practice head Ingrid Van Clemen is a highly experienced maritime litigator with niche expertise in cargo claims. Björn Cloots specialises in port sector administrative law, including concession contracts between port authorities and customers. Recently promoted partner Philippe Van Dijck is recommended for his knowledge of port labour, ship sales and liquidations, and Belgian piracy claims. Peter Van De Vijver has left the practice.
Ingrid Van Clemen
‘Cooperative attitude towards the client. Ambos, more than most other law firms, does listen to and take into account client’s feedback on the strategy to follow or on the legal situation of a case.’
‘Excellent ratio between the hourly rates and the quality of the work delivered.’
‘Ingrid Van Clemen has excellent responses, impressive understanding, and experience in Belgian transport and maritime law. Provides honest analyses of the strengths but also the weaknesses of a case and realistic estimations of time needed to deliver advice in complex cases.’
‘Philippe Van Dijck has excellent analysis skills.’
Port Authority Ghent
Compagnie Belge de Manutention
Belgian P & I
MSC PSA Terminal
DP World Antwerp
Silk Ways Airlines
Belgian Government – department of Transport & Mobility
Flemish Government – Pilot department
Antwerp Shipping Federation (ASF – ASV)
Europe Cargo / Euro Nordic / Seabow
Sea tank Terminal
- Advising the Antwerp Shipping Federation on a discussion between a number of container lines and the Environmental Inspection on the transport of waste in containers.
- Advising the Flemish Maritime Pilots on the legal implications and liabilities of the use of certain electronic devices by pilots.
- Representing the Belgian Ministry of Transport in the collection of administrative fines.
‘The Ambos Team are incredibly knowledgeable, very well connected and their legal advice is always practical and professional’
‘Jens Van Hecke has a great experience in financial law and delivers high quality advice. It’s a great pleasure to collaborate with Mr. Van Hecke.’
‘Excellent quality of work delivered in time. Excellent availability of associates. Excellent communication. Billing: value for work.’
ISS Facility Services
Port of Zeebrugge
- Advised the telecoms operator Orange on its contemplated acquisition of Mobile Vikings in a managed auction process.
- Advised the food retail group Ahold Delhaize on its acquisition of various food retail companies and businesses in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Advised De Bonte on its negotiations with CEMEX regarding the installation in the UK of a production line for the production of prestressed concrete sleepers.
Ambos > Firm Profile
Antwerp – Brussels
We Listen, Act and Solve
|Arbitration, mediation and litigation||Kathleen Paisley|
|Arbitration, mediation and litigation||Ingrid Van Clemen|
|Arbitration, mediation and litigation||Jens Van Hecke|
|EU Regulatory: Financial Services||Jens Van Hecke|
|Commercial and contracts||Bart Vandereeckt|
|Corporate||Jens Van Hecke|
|Dispute resolution||Ingrid Van Clemen|
|Dispute resolution||Bart Vandereeckt|
|Employment, incentives and pensions||Carl Bevernage|
|IP/IT/data protection||Bart Vandereeckt|
|IP/IT/data protection||Kathleen Paisley|
|Port and logistics||Ingrid Van Clemen|
|Shipping and transport||Ingrid Van Clemen|
|Trade practices and consumer law||Isabelle Buelens|