George Y Yiangou LLC > Nicosia, Cyprus > Firm Profile
George Y Yiangou LLC Offices
12-14 KENNEDY AVENUE
KENNEDY BUSINESS CENTRE, 2ND FLOOR, OFFICE 203
George Y Yiangou LLC > The Legal 500 Rankings
Cyprus > Banking and finance Tier 2George Y Yiangou LLC has considerable expertise in cross-border transactions, where it acts for various major lenders and corporate borrowers. In addition, it also regularly works with a number of major international law firms. The joint heads of the department are Chris Yiangou and Lory Cirstea, both of whom are well-regarded for their work on high-value asset-backed and refinancing deals. The team has notable experience of advising on investments in Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, Greece and the Balkan countries. In addition, it frequently works with members of the litigation department to handle enforcement actions against defaulting borrowers.
VTB Bank (Europe) S.E.
VTB Bank PJSC
Sberbank of Russia
RCB Bank Ltd
Bank of Cyprus
Aareal Bank AG
Edmond de Rothschild (Suisse)
Unicredit Tiriac Bank
Romanian Commercial Bank
Bank of China
Credit Europe Bank
National Bank Trust
- Acted as Cyprus counsel to a syndicate of banks – consisting of Česká spořitelna, Komerční banka and UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia – on the €550m complex refinancing of Fortuna Entertainment Group in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Croatia and the Netherlands.
- Advising a major Russian bank on the funding of the acquisition by Perm Financial & Industrial Group (PFIG) of an additional stake (from Baring Vostok and Enforta) in Russia’s second largest fixed broadband operator ER-Telecom (conducted through the acquisition of shares in the Cyprus holding company of ER Telecom).
- Advising a major Russian Bank (acting as agent and security agent) on the Cypriot law aspects in relation to the settlement of debts owned by Matix Fertilisers to a consortium of 11 lenders.
Sberbank of Russia
Volkswagen Bank GmbH
Gallery Media Group
AREA Property Partners
Redstone Global Real Estate Group
MDK – Group
Chain of Supermarket
RMB Consult Ltd
Capman Russia Fund
- Advised Alfa Bank in respect of the acquisition of GDRs of a Cyprus Company (traded on LSE and MOEX), the total return swap and subsequent sale of GDRs.
- Acting for a large investment fund on a high value transaction involving, amongst other matters, the purchase of a controlling stake in a newly registered Cypriot company owning subsidiaries in various jurisdictions operating in the energy sector.
George Y Yiangou LLC > Firm Profile
|Banking and finance||Lory Cirstea|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Chris Yiangou|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Stelios Hadjilambris|
|Mediation and arbitration||Kyriakos Theodorides|
|Mediation and arbitration||Constantine Lambrianides|
|Tax planning and advising||Vangelis Evangelou|
|International debt collection||Daniella Yiangou|
|Intellectual property/royalties||Kypros Louca|
|Intellectual property/royalties||Emily Christofidou|
|Formation and use of trusts||Chris Yiangou|
|Cyprus real estate||Daniella Yiangou|
|Cyprus real estate||Sotos Karaolis|
|Cross-border transactions||Chris Yiangou|
|Cross-border transactions||Lory Cistea|
|Admiralty and shipping||Constantinos Argyriades|