Macchi di Cellere Gangemi > Rome, Italy > Firm Profile
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi Offices
VIA G CUBONI 12
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi > The Legal 500 RankingsMacchi di Cellere Gangemi‘s practice is particularly experienced in renewable energy-related M&A. Assisting both sponsors and banks, energy and oil and gas law specialist Claudio Visco advises on acquisitions, project financing, and asset-backed and structured finance. Former partner Francesco Piron recently joined Studio Legale Associato a Watson Farley & Williams.
‘Client focus, flexibility and understanding of business.‘
‘Maximum availability and high-level human qualities.‘
Renfin Hydro Italia 2
- Advised GR Value on a joint venture agreement with Fontavis Forte Fund for the development of approximately 300MW of plants in the renewable energy sector.
- Assisted Nelsa with litigation proceedings before the Regional Administrative Court.
- Advised Renfin Hydro Italia 2 on an acquisition in the energy sector.
Italy > Tax Tier 4Macchi di Cellere Gangemi‘s department is best known for international taxation; tax audits and tax litigation; energy tax and environmental taxation; VAT and excise duties; automotive and car rental tax issues; real estate transactions; and private client work. Domestic and international corporate taxation expert Bruno Gangemi leads the team.
‘The availability and constructive approach are features that I have been able to appreciate a lot.‘
‘I had the pleasure of collaborating with partner Federico Di Cesare, whose quality and commitment were appreciated.‘
PayPal SE Italia
European Space Agency
EMC Computer Systems Italia/Dell
- Advised Interflora on several complex VAT issues connected to its business structure.
- Advised PayPal SE Italia on the procedure for obtaining an advance pricing agreement with the Italian tax authorities.
- Advised the European Space Agency on the application of registration tax to selected agreements entered into in Italy with private counterparties.
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent mastery of procurement laws. They know how to deal with technical issues with the right attention and translate them into something usable for the layman.’
‘Staff is prepared and assists also in relation to problems of international law. Francesco Angelini’s professional preparation specifically in the field of public procurement codes in addition to general legal advice is greatly appreciated.’
Italy > Dispute resolution Tier 5At Macchi di Cellere Gangemi, the litigation team is led by Silvia Lazzeretti and Claudio Visco. Lazzeretti focuses on commercial and financial litigation, especially in relation to energy projects and directors’ liability claims. Visco is a finance and regulation litigator with expertise of insolvency and derivative litigation and claims for damages.
Silvia Lazzeretti; Claudio Visco
Coop centro Italia s.p.a. and Cofin s.p.a.
Man truck & bus se
Man truck & bus Italia s.p.a.
Airbus helicopters s.a
- Assisted Coop Centro Italia in connection with proceedings concerning false statements.
- Assisted Man Truck & Bus Italia in the management of the litigation relating to disputes for abuse of economic dependence and breach of competition law.
- Advised Ms. Anna Philipson regarding a claim made against her by Retelit S.p.A.
Airbus Helicopters Italia
Kentucky Fried Chicken
RATP (Régie Autonome Transports Parisiens)
Ticketmaster- Live Nation
- Assisted Ticketmaster with antitrust litigation, which related to an appeal by Ticketone against an AGCM decision on abuse of dominance.
- Assisted Airbus Helicopters with antitrust litigation before the Council of State, which involved complex EU law issues.
- Represented RATP (public transport operator) in complex litigation before the national courts and the European Court of Justice, in relation to the award of a public transportation licence and alleged violation of the EU regulatory framework and competition law.
Luigi Macchi di Cellere; Claudio Visco
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm offers first-rate administrative, documentary and professional quality; the offices and meeting rooms are excellent.’
APTUIT ITALY S.R.L. (Evotec Group)
BLUENERGY GROUP S.P.A.
EDP RENEWABLES ITALIA HOLDING SRL
GR VALUE GROUP
ICO INDUSTRIA CARTONE ONDULATO S.R.L.
IKAV INVESTMENTS FUND
Ikav investments fund, qis s.p.a. And william west s.r.l.
RENFIN INTERNATIONAL A.S.
SWEN CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Represented Aptuit Italy in the purchase of a business facility (R&D Center) from GlaxoSmithKline, and in daily corporate and commercial matters.
- Advised ICO on a commercial partnership agreement.
- Advised GR Value S.p.A. on a joint venture agreement with Fontavis Forte Fund for the development of about 300 MW of plants in the renewable energy sector and purchase and sale of shares and ancillary agreements
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi > Firm Profile
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi is a leading independent law firm established in 1986 which provides first class legal services and assistance to multinational groups, major companies and public institutions. With over 80 professionals involved in 23 team-oriented, fully-integrated practice areas, it offers a client-based approach that focuses on efficiency and flexibility. Apart from a solid academic background, the firm’s professionals have the necessary skills to address the clients’ complex legal issues by adopting a practical interdisciplinary approach. Thanks to its European presence – through offices in London and Paris and its China Desk team for cross border investments – and an established contact network with other first-tier foreign law firms, it is able to advise on multi-jurisdictional matters in connection with clients’ business activities in Italy and abroad.
Automotive and e-mobility
Banking and Finance
EU Competition Law
Corporate and commercial transactions
Energy and natural resources
Dispute resolutions (Litigation, Arbitration, White Collar crimes)
Insolvency and Corporate reorganizations
Intellectual and Industrial Property
Labour and Social Security
M&A and Private Equity
Public Law / Administrative
Biotech and Pharmaceuticals
Consumer and retails
Data Protection and IT
Internationalisation of enterprises
Media and Communications
|Dispute resolutions||Claudio Viscofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Banking and Finance||Claudio Viscoemail@example.com|
|Corporate and M&A||Claudio Viscofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Corporate and M&A||Luigi Macchi di Cellereemail@example.com|
|Public Law / Administrative||Francesco Angelinifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Data Protection||De Marco Rosarioemail@example.com|
|Tax||Federico Di Cesarefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Banking and Finance||Marialuigia Di Vincenzoemail@example.com|
|Dispute resolutions||Andrea Gangemifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Competition EU Law||Salvatore Lamarcaemail@example.com|
|Project finance and infrastructure||Matteo Patrignanifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Corporate and M&A||Ernesto Pucciemail@example.com|
|Real Estate||Ernesto Puccifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dispute Resolutions||Valentina Spinelliemail@example.com|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 70 at this office : 30
LanguagesChinese English French German Italian Spanish
MembershipsIBA (International Bar Association) IFA (International Fiscal Association) ASLA - Associazione Studi Legali Associati
Otherwebsite : www.macchigangemi.com : : :
We believe, as business lawyers, that it is our professional duty and ethical responsibility to act also for the most vulnerable and disregarded individuals in our society. Therefore we have developed a flourishing Pro Bono practice, whose focus is to provide free legal advice and assistance to those in need, in favour of non-profit organisations, social cooperatives and communities promoting the public good that are not always able to afford the direct costs for the required legal assistance.
To date, our Pro Bono work consisted of legal assistance and advice offered in specific cases to or through organisations such as, Save the Children, Tide Global Learning, Antigone, DO&MA, CILD.