Debt recovery in Yorkshire And The Humber
Debt recovery specialist firm drydensfairfax solicitors has expertise across the full breadth of matters including unsecured and secured recoveries, high-volume litigation, and asset-based, insolvency and defended claims. The high-value insolvency team is jointly led by Philip Holden, who focuses on high-value litigation, and insolvency expert Tim Pope. The group also benefits from the addition of associate John-Paul Murphy, who joined from Cohen Cramer and heads up the unsecured litigation team.
Philip Holden; Tim Pope
Other key lawyers:
Sue Nickson; John-Paul Murphy
‘drydensfairfax solicitors has a wide range of capabilities in the field of debt recovery, offering deep experience across all practice areas. The group is exceptionally professional and diligent in client delivery and provides commercial, pragmatic and practical advice.‘
‘drydensfairfax solicitors has a great range and depth of people across the organisation, and is very flexible to client requirements.‘
‘Philip Holden is well regarded as an expert in his field.‘
Clarion is instructed by a range of corporate clients to handle high-value debt collection and credit control services. Practice head Daniel Carlton has particular expertise in the leisure, construction, manufacturing and property sectors, while corporate insolvency specialist Ryan Millmore is noted for his retail, manufacturing and waste sector specialisms. Associate Dale Fawcett is another name to note.
Encon Insulation Limited
Bruntwood Investments PLC
Sanderson Weatherall LLP
Asics UK Limited
Admiral Taverns PLC
Communicorp UK Limited
- Instructed by Encon Insulation to collect substantial outstanding debts.
- Assisting SRCL-ERS Medical with debt collection.
- Acting for Bruntwood Investments on the collection of commercial rents from tenants.
- Acted for Tunstall Healthcare on the recovery of two aged debts, which had been outstanding for years.
- Assisted a client with the recovery of £350,000 of debt, where the debts were over 4 years old.
The recoveries team at DWF handles a range of debt collection work, focusing on business to business debts, for its impressive client roster, which includes large corporates, blue-chip companies and local authorities. The team is jointly led by national head of recoveries David Scottow, civil recoveries expert Kevin Feehan and James Perry, who heads up the recoveries technical team and focuses on non-standard cases.
David Scottow; Kevin Feehan; James Perry
Anglian Water Services Ltd
Sainsburys Supermarkets Ltd
High Court Enforcement Officers Association
DX Network Services Limited
Marks And Spencer Plc
Asda Stores Ltd
- Advising the High Court Enforcement Officers Association on various complaints made against High Court enforcement officers.
- Assisting Hillsborough Steelstock with the recovery of unpaid invoices, interest and late payments for the supply of 20 tonnes of steel.
- Acted for Chester Wharfe in a contractual dispute regarding the recovery of recruitment fees, which was eventually settled through negotiation.
- Representing a large healthcare provider in the recovery of care home fees and defending a clinical negligence counterclaim.
- Assisting a technology sector client with a £350,000 claim for the recovery of unpaid invoices concerning the supply of Sim cards.
The debt recovery team at Gordons LLP has the capacity to handle a range of business to business debt collection instructions, with particular experience in the manufacturing, retail and food and drink sectors. Graeme Davy, who has experience in a range of complex and defended debt recovery matters, heads up the practice, which includes the Bradford-based Sallyanne Phillips.
Other key lawyers:
‘Gordons has an excellent balance between commerciality and objectivity, and takes a customer-focused approach.‘
‘The team is approachable and easy to deal with, and speaks in plain English!‘
Molson Coors Brewing Company (UK) Limited
- Instructed by Molson Coors Brewing Company as the company’s sole debt recovery provider.
The debt recovery team at Keebles handles a range of claims from fast-track matters to contractual disputes and issues involving emergency injunction relief and breaches of restrictive covenants. Rachel Crookes, who has particular experience assisting clients in the manufacturing and engineering sectors, jointly heads up the team with Charise Marsden.
Rachel Crookes; Charise Marsden
‘Keebles provides a proactive service giving practical assistance wherever possible, and it has a strong and helpful team.‘
‘Keebles’ debt collection solution takes a personal approach and always has the clients best interests at heart. Rather than just trying to chase for a fee, it will look at the best opportunities for collection.‘
‘Keebles offer an exemplary service for a price below the market average.‘
‘The entire debt recovery team at Keebles is amazing.‘
‘Associate Charise Marsden‘s no-nonsense and practical approach sets her out from some of the competition.‘
Actavo (UK) Ltd
Aggregate Industries UK Ltd
Kettlewell Fuels Ltd
Vink UK Ltd
Brown McLeod Ltd
Eyre & Elliston Ltd
Galaxy Insulation and Dry Lining (Holdings) Ltd
Menzies Distribution Ltd
Sheffield Credit Union
Synseal Extrusions Ltd
Oak Tyres UK Ltd
- Acted for several clients across multiple sectors on the recovery of outstanding invoices.
- Assisted a client with the recovery of an over-payment from an ex-employee.
- Acted for a client in the real estate sector on the recovery of an outstanding deposit.
Lupton Fawcett's team handles a variety of private and contentious corporate matters ranging from advice on terms and conditions and credit control procedures to enforcement matters and claims. Practice head Nigel Whitfield, who splits his time between York and Leeds, has a broad range of experience with particular expertise in insolvency-related work.
The commercial business debt recovery team at LCF Law assists its client roster, which ranges from SMEs to large plcs, with a range of claims, from commencement of collection proceedings to the enforcement of judgments and insolvency issues. It has particular experience advising on the recovery of debt arising from contracts in the construction industry. Andrew Langton heads up the team from Bradford.
MKM Building Supplies Limited
Mabey Hire Ltd
Andrew Page 1917 Ltd
Lyreco UK Ltd
Smiths News Trading Limited
Adler and Allan Ltd
Abacus Express Ltd
JP Distribution Ltd
- Instructed by Mabey Hire to review and consult on it’s internal risk and collection strategies.