Transport in West Midlands
DWF has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters, with a strong record on cross-border work. Darren Kenny leads the team and has notable strengths in handling road haulage disputes across Europe and Central Asia.
Other key lawyers:
Melanie Williams; David Egan; Ben McLeod; Ben Griffin
The West Midlands Combined Authority
Crown Commercial Services
Jaguar Land Rover
Lutz Assekuranz MaklergesmbH
- Representing a Taiwanese automotive manufacturing company in a breach of contract claim worth $650,000 relating to the sale of car parts, involving advice on US sanctions on Iran.
- Assisting TVM verzekeringen, a transport insurer in Benelux, to assess risk on international cargo shipments.
- Acting as sole English legal representatives for TVM verzekeringen on all of its insured’s claims under the Convention on the International Carriage of Goods by Road.
- Acting as sole English legal representatives for Lutz Assekuranz, a leading transport insurance broker in Central and Eastern Europe, on all of its insured’s claims under the Convention on the International Carriage of Goods by Road.
Gowling WLG is particularly known for its work in the rail sector, with expertise in projects, contracts and disputes. Giles Clifford, who leads the team has a particularly strong of advising on station developments and infrastructure projects.
Other key lawyers:
Richard Green; Michael Whitehouse
Transport for London
London Borough of Barnet
Ricardo Rail PLC
Railroad Development Corporation
Devon and Cornwall Railways
Bombardier Transportation UK Limited
Blackstone Property Partners / Telereal Trillium
- Advised the London Borough of Barnet on an agreement with DB Cargo for the creation of a major rail freight facility.
- Advised Crossrail Limited on a development agreement and lease with Aviva, and all ancillary aspects of the transaction to aid the proposed office site development above Liverpool Street station in London.
- Advising London Underground Limited on the procurement of a property development partner for the development of South Kensington station and station enhancement works.
- Advising London Underground Limited on project and property documentation for step-free access to Finsbury Park Underground station.
- Advising Goodman Shepherd on the proposed development consent order for the East Midlands Intermodal Park.
Irwin Mitchell's personal injury team, which is led by international travel litigation group head Clive Garner, acts on behalf of victims in incidents involving aviation, maritime and road disasters. Other noted practitioners in this space include Philip Banks, Suki Chhokar, Amandeep Dhillon and Elizabeth Tetzner.
‘Clive Garner has the crucial ability to analyse complex, technical legal material and effectively and successfully argues difficult, high value cases. He gives regularly achieves amazing results for his clients.’
‘Amandeep Dhillon brings a high level of strategic direction and focus which is vital in high volume group litigation work.’
‘Phil Banks has great experience of dealing with complex cross border claims.‘
- Advised on claims for the families of those killed in the Germanwings tragedy.
- Advised on a group action for the families of 22 people who were killed during a terrorist attack at a hotel in Sousse, Tunisia.
- Advised on claim for the families of 26 passengers killed in a plane crash in Nigeria.
Wright Hassall LLP
Wright Hassall LLP's skillset in the transport space covers contractual agreements, outsourcing and dispute resolution. Lindsay Ellis leads the team and is highly experienced in procurement and outsourcing agreements.
Other key lawyers:
Christine Jackson; Pete Maguire; John Dormer
Cloudview (UK) Limited
- Advised on a number of commercial matters for innovative technology company Cloudview (UK), including agreements as part of a large project involving multiple providers of national rail services.