Baker McKenzie has a strong track record in handling a range of high-value litigation across public law, banking litigation, regulatory and intellectual property disputes, including in complex cross-border litigation for clients operating in the consumer products sector. Minh Tri Quach in Hanoi is active for a number of Japanese and Korean clients whilst Quy Hoai Nguyen covers insurance and construction disputes among others. Managing partner Frederick Burke is another key contact.
Dispute resolution: litigation in Vietnam
VILAF's litigation practice is skilled in handling significant international and domestic disputes across ares including finance, real estate, energy, and the public sector. Led out of Ho Chi Minh City by Tung Ngo, the team assists many foreign investors and financial institutions. Over in Hanoi, co-head Linh Nguyen specializes in construction and employment disputes, on top of sitting as an arbitrator. New partner Hien Tran handles maritime, investment, and insurance disputes and also has a thriving tax practice.
Grab Inc. / Grab Vietnam Limited
Keangnam Enterprises Ltd.
Ford Vietnam Limited
Lucky Communication Equipment Import Export Corporation
3A Nutrition (Vietnam) Company Limited
- Representing Grab before VCA (Vietnam Competition and Consumer Protection Right Authority) concerning it’s purchase of Uber’s business in Vietnam.
- Advising Keangnam Enterprises Ltd. in relation to a dispute with AON Vietnam in an EPC contract, including setting aside an arbitral award and the case being re-heard by the courts.
The dispute resolution practice at YKVN has a strong track record in acting in high-value commercial litigation matters, both domestically and internationally. Led out of Ho Chi Minh City, the team is overseen by Nghia Truong and has a deep bench of experienced practitioners whose expertise spans across banking and finance, infrastructure and energy. Co-chair of the group Luu Tien Dzung in Hanoi is recommended for construction disputes.
Grab Company Limited
Posco VST Co., Ltd
Chailease International Financial Services Co., Ltd
Mr. Truong Ty and Ms. Hong Tuong Lien
Vietnam Export- Import Commercial Bank
- Representing Grab Company Limited, the largest e-hailing service company in Southeast Asia in a tort case brought by Vietnam Sun Corporation, one of the largest taxi company in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Representing Vietnam Export- Import Commercial Bank in a successful appeal to the Supreme People’s Court.
Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers has experience across civil, commercial and public law, led by practice head Chau Huy Quang. The team has particular experience across the real estate and shipping arena with high-value litigation work frequenting the caseload, in addition to offering expertise in alternative dispute resolution. The firm’s commercial disputes capacity was bolstered by the arrival senior counsel, Do Duc Van Hong, who was a former Supreme Court judge. Logan Leung, an Australian-qualified new partner promotion, is also notable..
Tilleke & Gibbins handles complex disputes work, particularly in the intellectual property and employment area. Thomas Treutler manages the practice group with support from co-head Loc Xuan Le in Hanoi; the duo handles large patent litigation mandates, investigations work, trademark enforcement matters, as well as regulatory work for clients. Linh Duy Mai is a core member of the group and supports on cross-border matters for pharmaceuticals sector clients. The team retains its expertise in web domain name disputes.
Viet Phap SHAL Aluminium
Les Laboratoires Servier
- Advised Viet Phap SHAL Aluminium in a landmark trademark infringement case that was the first test of corporate criminal liability in the IP space in Vietnam.
- Secured groundbreaking results for Servier in a patent litigation case against infringing, locally manufactured drugs.
The disputes team at ATIM has experience in the enforcement of arbitral awards and more broader commercial litigation and mediation. Practice head Quang H. Trinh is experienced in construction and infrastructure-related litigation, as is Nguyen Minh Tien.
Based in Hanoi, ATS Law Firm handles commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, contractual disagreements and civil transactions. Vu Thi Thu Ha oversees the team, which also includes former judge Tran Hong Nhan who has over 30 years of experience in criminal litigation work. The group has expertise in complex fraud allegations and banking litigation.
Bizlink Lawyers' litigation practice is noted for its strength across the construction, real estate, and labour sectors. The team handles mid-to-high-value dispute matters for large Vietnamese and foreign clients. Practice head Nguyen Duc Manh has over a decade of expertise in litigation and is recommended for commercial investment and international trade disputes. The firm has a following among Korean clients, among others.
An Gia Phat JSC
An Hoa Paper Joint Stock Company
Aon Vina One Member Limited Liability Company
Aroma Beverage Joint Stock Company
Chinfon Cement Corporation
Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd.
E&T JSC. (Vietnam)
ECI Telecom Holding B.V
Fashion Sourcenet Company Ltd.
Ford Vietnam Limited
Global Sourcenet Company Ltd.
Hanoi General Export Import JSC
Jupiter Logistics Vietnam JSC
Jupiter Pacific Forwarding JSC
Keangnam Enterprise, Ltd Hanoi- Hai Phong Expressway Project Ex-4
Kolon Global Corporation
Kone Vietnam LLC.
Kumho – Hyndai Joint Venture (Korea)
Kumho Industrial Co., Ltd. (Korea)
Lotte – Halla – Hanshin Joint Venture (Korea)
Lotte & Sampyo Joint Venture (Korea)
Lotte E&C Co., Ltd.
Lotte Engineering & Construction Vietnam Co., Ltd (Korea)
Nippon Paint Marine (Singapore) Pte Ltd (Singapore)
PPH LEGS SP. Z.O.O (Poland)
Sapa O’Chau Travel Social Enterprise Company Limited
SSE Steel Ltd.
SYPANEL Vina Co., Ltd
Taisei Corporation (Japan)
- Represented Doosan Heavy Industries as the plaintiff in a court case in Vietnam against a Vietnamese company as the project owner regarding the construction of a luxury tower in Hanoi, with the total claim value amounted to over $150m.
- Represented a Vietnam Construction and Import – Export JSC against claims made by a Korean company with total claims of approx. $1.6m at the Vietnam court.
EPLegal Limited handles a range of complex disputes across the energy, oil and gas, and shipping areas. Tony Nguyen is the key contact for projects and energy-relation litigation matters, and oversees the practice alongside the Annie Ngo. Senior associate Harry Bui is another core member of the group.
- Advised Petro Vietnam in a dispute related to a standard ship management agreement and its sub-agreements.
- Representing Lazada Express Vietnam in a dispute relating to a Delivery Service Agreement and warehouse leasing contract.