Frasers Law Company has a strong reputation in TMT and its work in this space covers regulatory compliance, restructuring issues, as well as internal investigations into data breaches. Managing partner Mark Fraser has been highly active in advising clients in the technology and insurance sectors. He co-heads the practice with Justin Gisz, who has recently assisted a number of financial services companies with data protection issues.
Data protection in Vietnam
‘One of the best law firms in Vietnam. Great support in navigating the complex regulatory framework. Highly recommended.‘
Timo Plus Digital Bank
- Advising Timo Plus Digital Bank on the crucial data protection aspects of its commercial transition from one licensed banking partner to another.
- Advising fintech company Aspire on the review and verification of the key legal aspects (including data protection) of its digital finance platform.
- Providing Vietnam law advice and assistance to Riot Games in relation to its gaming operations in Vietnam.
Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers' data protection offering is a subset of its TMT practice. The firm is particularly prominent in advising social media and e-commerce companies, and it is noted for its expertise in assisting with data protection reviews, cybersecurity issues and regulatory matters. Practice head Vu Thi Que is experienced in advising Chinese and Japanese investors.
Other key lawyers:
Tilleke & Gibbins’ client roster includes well-known names in the social media, e-commerce and telecoms arenas. The team is led by senior associate Waewpen Piemwichai, who has expertise in privacy and cybersecurity issues. She is becoming increasingly active in the fintech space.
‘The data protection team at Tilleke produced timely, practical, top-notch advice on a tech regulatory matter. I appreciated the team’s responsiveness, pragmatism and value delivered.’
- Reviewed a suite of documents to be used by a major ride-hailing and delivery company and its vendors/suppliers for compliance with Vietnamese law.
- Assisted a luxury fashion brand with numerous data protection matters and projects, including a review and localization of its Data Protection Rulebook.
- Assisted a leading fashion designer, manufacturer and retailer with data privacy requirements for its intended launch of an e-commerce platform in Vietnam.
Vision & Associates advises a significant number of multinational companies on data protection and privacy, as well as cybersecurity issues. Recent work included advising Adobe on data residency requirements from a Vietnamese legal perspective. Dang Trong Hieu and Le Tuan An co-head the practice.
Dr. Ing. H.c. F. Porsche Ag (“pag”)
Aisin Aw Co., Ltd.
Diebold Nixdorf Vietnam
Chevron Lubricants Vietnam Co. Ltd.
Tiktok Pte Ltd.
YKVN advises multinational companies on their adherence to local data protection law; this type of work is mostly handled by practice head Truong Nhat Quang and corporate partner Tram Nguyen . The team’s recent work has involved advising on privacy and cybersecurity issues, as well as acting as local counsel on ASEAN-related matters.
Other key lawyers: