Araquereyna has considerable strength in the real estate space, as well as in construction matters. Under the leadership of Maripi Viso, the team handles corporate, commercial, financing and litigation matters. Manuel Reyna and associate Federica Mena are further names to note.
Real estate in Venezuela
Leĝa Abogados fields a skilled team which advises on residential, retail, office and industrial real estate projects. It assists clients from the banking, infrastructure, pharmaceutical and advertising sectors with the full gamut of real estate-related matters, such as construction, development, acquisitions and disposals, lease agreements and litigation. The practice is jointly led by commercial specialist Juan Enrique Aigster and Mark Melilli-Silva, who is the key contact for dispute resolution mandates.
‘A proactive team which works closely together.’
‘Great knowledge in different areas.’
Andrade Gutierrez Engenharia
Cifuentes Lemus & Asociados (Moore Stephens)
Asociación Civil Altamira 10.1
Del Sur Banco Universal
Carroferta Media Group
Schonheit De Venezuela
- Assisted Panasonic with the drafting and negotiation of the sale of significant space in office buildings in Caracas.
- Advised Makro Comercializadora on the negotiation of the termination of a lease contract and handover of a commercial space in one of its retail stores.
- Assisted General Import with the negotiation of three lease agreements for its stores in Venezuela.
Mendoza Palacios Acedo Borjas Páez Pumar & Cía
Mendoza Palacios Acedo Borjas Páez Pumar & Cía has a busy practice acting for construction conglomerates, lenders and international companies in real estate matters. The group is experienced in construction projects in the private sector, expropriations and rental matters, as well as M&A and litigation. Team head Manuel Acedo Sucre is noted for his broad practice, which covers corporate, tax and investment matters. Other key practitioners are Diego Lepervanche, Luisa Lepervanche and María del Carmen López.
Grupo Perret Ingenieros
Miranda Capital Partners
Juan Van Heel
- Advised Grupo Perret on real estate matters such as deeds of division of land, condo regulations and sale agreements, as well as on a project in Aruba.
- Assisting Corporación Solsica with real estate matters affecting installations, storage and office spaces.
- Advised Miranda Capital Partners on a due diligence for a real estate M&A transaction.
Baker & McKenzie, S.C.
The team at Baker & McKenzie, S.C. is regularly instructed by domestic and foreign investors and companies to assist with real estate matters. It is well versed in disputes, acquisitions and related exchange control regulations, and works with the environment, tax and regulatory specialists of the firm to advise on these aspects of real estate matters. María Celis and Gabriel De Jesús jointly lead the practice, in which associate María Alejandra Ruiz is also noted.
‘Baker & McKenzie’s attorneys are extremely diligent, know how to act in negotiations and have technical knowledge of the area that adds a lot of value to transactions.‘
- Assisting a company with several transfers of ownership of real estate in Venezuela.
- Assisting a company with the preparation and elaboration of documents required for the sale of a property.
D'Empaire's client roster includes private equity firms, real estate investment funds and companies; the team is skilled in advising on a wide range of matters, such as the purchase, sale, construction, financing, development and acquisition of commercial real estate. Led by Inés Parra, the group also handles transactions and related litigation in the sector.
Equipo Gerencial Con Solidez
- Advised V6 on structuring and implementing the acquisition of several real estate properties in Venezuela.
- Assisted Equipo Gerencial Con Solidez with the purchase and subsequent lease of offices in the recently opened Centro Financiero Madrid located in Las Mercedes, Caracas.
Dentons' team is experienced in advising a portfolio of national and international real estate clients on investment planning and relevant corporate and tax planning structures. Further work in the real estate sector includes assisting with M&A, reorganisations and litigation mandates. The key contacts are corporate specialists Sergio Casinelli, Daniela Jaimes and Natalija Vojvodic, as well as dispute resolution specialist Ramón Alvins. Rubén Eduardo Luján is also noted.
‘The team is responsive and clear in its legal assessments.‘
‘Rubén Eduardo Luján has been a pleasure to work with. His thorough assessment of matters stands out. He provides options and his turnaround time is also very good.‘