Real estate and construction in Ukraine
With 'a strong team and notable experience in real estate work', Aequo covers commercial property issues, planning work, real estate financings, construction mandates and real estate litigation for large corporate clients including Bunge and key investors including Dragon Capital. Finance partner Yulia Kyrpa and corporate partner Denis Lysenko lead the practice. Newly promoted counsel Bohdan Dmukhovskyy and senior associate Mykhaylo Soroka are also recommended.
Yulia Kyrpa; Denis Lysenko
‘Anna Babych, Yulia Kyrpa, Denys Lysenko are the standout partners, while associates Sergey Denisenko and Michael Lukashenko, and counsel Bohdan Dmukhovskyy are also recommended.‘
‘Aequo’s team is highly skilled and professional, and always meets our expectations.‘
‘Yulia Kyrpa and Bohdan Dmukhovskyy understand our business and provide high level and quick advice.‘
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Advised leading Ukrainian real estate developer TMM on its financial restructuring under a credit facility granted by Oschadbank.
- Advising Posco Daewoo on the acquisition of a grain export terminal in Ukraine.
- Advising Dragon Capital on its acquisition of a stake in Ciklum, which included a review of the target’s owned and rented real properties.
Arzinger's real estate and construction team acts for real estate investors, funds, embassies and trade missions, developers, managers, financial institutions, construction companies, retailers, insurers, logistics companies, hotel operators, manufacturers and other large corporates in a range of sectors including the agriculture and energy industries. The group handles the full spectrum of real estate and construction matters and also assists with property management mandates. Managing partner Timur Bondaryev leads the practice, which also includes associates Olga Ivanova and Bohdan Shmorhun.
Caparol (DAW Group)
Clients praise the practice at Asters as 'the largest ship in the local market with a brilliant crew on board'. The group focuses on complex real estate projects, handles issues related to land and property matters, and is involved in high-value transactions involving commercial and residential developments, land sales, and industrial and infrastructure projects. Oleg Boichuk and the 'responsive, practical and commercial' Roman Kostenko jointly lead the practice. Experienced counsel Anzhelika Livitska is also recommended.
Oleg Boichuk; Roman Kostenko
‘Two key names are worth noting: Anzhelika Livitska, who is a superstar of natural resources, land law and construction, and Oleg Boichuk, who is excellent in transactional work and regulatory law matters.‘
‘Asters’ real estate team is tight and quick, responsive and tells you what to do rather than involving the client in complicated legal discussions.‘
AMIA sp. z o.o.
Concorde Industries AG
Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited (IBRC)
Quinn Properties Ukraine
Wine Bureau (Goodwine)
EMIT Group S.r.l.
Ateliers de France
Xinjiang Communications Construction Group Co., Ltd
- Advising Prada Group, one of the world’s leaders in the design, production and distribution of luxury clothing, footwear and accessories, on all day-to-day legal issues and the operation of its first mono-brand boutique in Ukraine.
- Advising a consortium of EMIT Group and Atzwanger on a contract for the reconstruction of a water treatment plant in Ukraine.
- Advising Salini Impregilo, an Italian construction and civil engineering group, on the restructuring of its Ukrainian assets and operations in connection with the disposal of Todini Costruzioni Generali, including public construction contracts, assets transfers, licensing issues and other local tax and legal matters.
Avellum handles real estate finance work, construction projects and the property aspects of large M&A transactions. Among its clients are EBRD and Goldman Sachs. Mykola Stetsenko and counsel Maksym Maksymenko jointly lead the practice, which handles some of the largest real estate transactions in Ukraine, which are often structured as share deals and leverage the firm's leading corporate practice. Clients praise the team as 'highly professional with extremely good negotiators'.
Mykola Stetsenko; Maksym Maksymenko
‘I have had a good experience with Avellum during my long co-operation with the firm.‘
‘Andriy Romanchuk, Yuriy Nechaev, Maksym Maksymenko and Daryna Mykhailenko are truly professional advisers.‘
‘It has a unique practice, given the in-depth knowledge and engagement of the partners and associates.‘
Investment Capital Ukraine
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc
SM Invest Construction B.V.
- Advised EBRD on all real estate issues related to a senior secured loan of up to €5.6m from EBRD to a Ekotechnik Shyroke.
- Advised EBRD and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank on the funding of the construction of a 47MW solar PV plant in the Mykolaiv region in Ukraine totalling €36.3m.
- Advised EBRD on two separate loans of up to €26.4m to Chysta Energiya-2011 to finance the construction and operation of a 29MW solar PV plant.
Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office has extensive expertise in real estate developments and construction projects, leases and property mortgages, property investment financings, the structuring of cross-border transactions, real estate sales and acquisitions, and land issues. The group acts for developers, investors, financial institutions, contractors and operators on all aspects of real estate developments in Ukraine. Practice co-heads Serhiy Piontkovsky and Lina Nemchenko are singled out as two of the market's leading practitioners.
Serhiy Piontkovsky; Lina Nemchenko
La Societe des Centres Commerciaux
Metal Yapi Konut Anonim Sirkeri
Unibudinvest Venture Fund
- Advised Monsanto on all stages of the the construction of a seeds processing facility project in Ukraine.
CMS has 'strong knowledge of Ukraine's property and construction sector', and fields 'a team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals'. The group handles the real estate elements of large M&A transactions, as well as standalone projects, notably in the retail, manufacturing, energy and leisure sectors. The highly regarded Anna Pogrebna and counsel Natalia Kushniruk are the main practitioners. Their work covers construction, planning, leasing, financing, development, acquisition, sale and investment mandates and contentious issues.
Anna Pogrebna; Natalia Kushniruk
‘We were happy to partner with CMS for its for understanding of all the peculiarities of our status and for its deep expertise in local tax laws. The deep and broad expertise of partners and associates helped run the project quickly and efficiently.’
‘We also highly appreciated the firm’s very transparent and client-oriented approach.‘
‘We were very fortunate to work with Anna Pogrebna, who is a very knowledgeable and experienced professional and has proven to be a trustworthy and reliable partner in our project. Anna has the right sense of urgency, is able to very quickly grasp the essence of an issue and suggest optimal ways for resolution.’
‘Anna Pogrebna has a unique skill of being able to explain a very complicated legal matters in very simple terms and clearly outline all possible risks and outcomes of possible decisions. As the client I always felt I had the right level of information presented in the right format to take well-weighted decisions and that my time (and budget) was always of importance to Anna.’
‘Anna Pogrebna engaged the right subject matter experts for a deeper dive into the issue when needed, e.g. she provided a very profound consultancy on some intellectual property rights matters, but also suggested and with our agreement engaged an expert for additional advice. I wish I had all legal consultancy from other companies provided in the same professional, crisp and at the same time easy-going manner.‘
Euroventures Austria CA Management GmbH (UniCredit Group)
EuroCape New Energy Limited
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
- Advising Euroventures, an owner of a B-Class office building in Kyiv, on leasing out office premises, including drafting and negotiating lease agreements, advising the client on tax matters and on foreign exchange controls applicable to payments by Ukrainian tenants to the non-resident landlord.
- Advising EuroCape New Energy on financing for the first phase of a 500MW wind farm.
- Advised Meyer Bergman on the sale of one of the biggest shopping malls in Kyiv.
DLA Piper is a key name for market-leading cross-border real estate transactions, and assists with the property aspects of large M&A deals. It frequently handles high-value real estate, construction and land matters for international and Ukrainian companies, as well as government institutions including the US Embassy in Kiev. Practice head Natalia Kochergina is highly regarded in the market and handles deals in the retail, infrastructure, sea port, agriculture, and commercial and industrial real estate sectors.
‘I appreciate that I have a team assigned to my projects that include everyone from partner to associate. For each project and each stage of each project, DLA Piper assigns the work to the appropriate level team member. I receive and pay for partner level service when that is needed and I pay for associate level service when that is all that is needed, and every level in between.‘
‘The follow up from individuals on outstanding projects is excellent. In addition, they don’t hesitate to assist with additional services that may be outside the scope of the initial project as needed. When required, they confirm my preference for assistance with additional services needed beyond project scope and then execute on the in-scope work as well as the out-of-scope work.‘
Hutchison Westports Limited
Statsbygg (Norwegian Directorate of Public Construction and Property)
Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
Leroy Merlin Ukraine
Zeppelin Ukraine GmbH
Red Hat Limited
- Advised Hutchison Westports Limited, a global port investor, developer and operator, on the process of its entry into the Ukrainian market and the development of a container terminal in the Chornomorsk (ex-Illichivsk) Commercial Sea Port.
- Advising OPIC, a US government agency, on financing a four-phase wind farm with a total planned capacity of 500MW in central Ukraine, and the related construction and land issues.
- Assisted Perion Network with leasing a new office in Kyiv for its development team.
KPD Consulting Law Firm
KPD Consulting Law Firm has 'a well established and recognised real estate practice, which is known for its expertise in construction regulatory matters, property law and the protection of creditor's interests in real estate disputes'. The practice is led by standout practitioner Vladyslav Kysil, who is 'a well informed, skilled and experienced lawyer, who is able to suggest proactive and market-oriented solutions'. The group frequently advises international clients on construction projects, acquisitions, restructurings and leases.
‘KPD offers a good quality of services for reasonable and competitive value. They are good in risk analyses without overestimating them.‘
‘Vladyslav Kysil, partner and head of real estate practice, is a key person in the company when it comes to real estate and construction matters. He is always on the edge of the developments in the real estate sector.‘
‘Vladislav Kysil is a great professional and person.‘
‘One of the most professional teams in the market. The advice was 100% practical and sharp.‘
‘Valdyslav Kysil is worth mentioning as an excellent real estate lawyer.‘
‘One of the best firm in the market. It has the highest expert level of industry knowledge.‘
‘I may point out Mr. Vladyslav Kysil who is partner in charge of real estate and construction. He delivers perfect results and has an excellent reputation. A talented negotiator who is highly recommended for supporting complex transactions.‘
‘A small but experienced team focused on development and banking projects.‘
‘Vladyslav Kysil stands out as very knowledgeable and proactive in the key real estate areas.‘
‘It has strong confidence in real estate matters. Mr. Vladislav Kysil is an exceptional professional with a business-oriented approach.‘
‘The firm has excellent expertise in real estate, with deep knowledge of the practice area.‘
Afina Paladium LLC
First National Reserve
Kiev Real Estate Recovery Fund
Piraeus Bank ICB
Sberbank of Russia
ING Bank Ukraine
Ukrsibbank (BNP Paribas)
PUMB (First Ukrainian International Bank)
DCH Infrastructure and Real Estate
Rustler Property Services
- Assisted Solum with the sale of its office premises in Kyiv’s central business district.
- Advised NCube on legal due diligence work and the further acquisition of a non-residential building in Kyiv’s historical Podol neighbourhood for the construction of an office centre.
- Advised UkrSibInvest on legal due diligence and its further acquisition of a non-residential building in a unique location – an isle between the Western and Eastern banks of Dnieper River in the central part of Kyiv.
Sayenko Kharenko has 'an outstanding real estate practice and a professional team with a good reputation'. The firm advises domestic and international clients on all types of real estate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, property and land leases, investment and construction arrangements, and regulatory clearances. It is also a leading firm for contentious matters. Oleksandr Nikolaichyk, 'methodical and constructive' litigator Sergey Pogrebnoy, Vladimir Sayenko and disputes specialist Sergiy Smirnov are the main partners. Senior associate Kuzma Pozychaniuk is also a key name for contentious real estate matters.
Oleksandr Nikolaichyk; Sergey Pogrebnoy; Vladimir Sayenko; Sergiy Smirnov
‘I always recommend them to others for Ukrainian matters. Their advice is always client-oriented and based on a profound knowledge of the best legal and business practices in Ukraine.‘
‘If we are talking about strategic support, I would point out Sergey Pogrebnoy, he is very much involved and available on request.‘
‘On real estate matters we worked with Kuzma Pozychaniuk. He possesses not only perfect legal knowledge, but understands the economic, political, business and social background of the case.‘
‘Sayenko Kharenko is well versed in the full spectrum of real estate work, including acquisitions, disposals, leasings, financings as well as development-related matters. Although it has many strengths, I would like to highlight its multi-functionality and its flexible approach in handling our requests. The team is very commercial and thoughtful.‘
‘We have been working with Sayenko Kharenko since 2013 across a wide variety of real estate, tax, banking & finance, corporate and M&A, labour and other matters. The lawyers are very collaborative, dedicated, responsive, and driven to get the best results.‘
‘Vladimir Sayenko and Oleksandr Nikolaichyk are excellent, know their stuff, have a great business sense and are extremely responsive. Notwithstanding the firm’s size, you feel they know their clients intimately and work throughout different departments seamlessly to maintain this.‘
‘An analytical, creative and goal-oriented real estate and construction team that has particular strength advising on complex real estate projects. It is really deal-oriented and has exceptional negotiating skills. The attorneys are practical, business-focused and all have excellent knowledge of the law. They are experienced, always reachable and efficient.‘
Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine
Interstate Consultants Engineers Guild
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
VR Global Partners L.P.
Orexim Group (Orexim)
Huhtamaki Foodservice Ukraine
- For the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, the firm actively participated in a working group on developing a legislative framework to regulate the role of independent consulting engineers in construction projects implemented in Ukraine.
- Assisted the Interstate Consultants Engineers Guild (ICEG) with verifying the Ukrainian translation of the 1st edition of FIDIC Procurement Procedures Guide of 2011.
- Advising EBRD on the provision of project financing to the municipality of Lviv to address long-standing solid waste management issues.
Vasil Kisil & Partners has 'deep expertise in both real estate and agriculture issues' and clients praise its 'experience and willingness to listen to clients needs before proposing the right solution'. Practice head Alexander Borodkin has 'strong negotiations skills, a pragmatic approach and is capable of out-of-the-box thinking - he is always looking for alternative solutions'. The group handles the full range of work from due diligence and acquisitions through to public procurement matters and leasings for large domestic and international businesses.
‘They always work to protect the client but also put all the effort in for the deal to happen.‘
‘Our lawyer Alexander Borodin helped to understand the risks and proposed different ways to tackle them. Also, most importantly, he has the ability to describe complex legal issues in a good language that a non-lawyer can understand.’
‘The firm is fully client-oriented and has a time-saving approach.‘
‘We appreciate the quality of the documents – accuracy and risk evaluation was on high level.‘
‘A very friendly team that is open-minded and fast to react.‘
‘A very well organised, highly professional team, superb for the Ukrainian market.‘
‘Oleg Aloyshin has senior insight and a very proper attitude.‘
‘Alexander Borodkin has a nice personality, professional manners, and is well organised.‘
‘Tetiana Revutska is hands-on and very helpful.‘
Seven Hills (Ukraine)
Investment Construction Company (Ukraine)
Vanguard Capital Partners
BSG Investments (Israel)
Scorpio Real Estate Group (Cyprus)
Arcona Property Fund N.V.
Frontline Invest Capital ltd
Corteva Agriscience, DowDuPont (USA)
St. Sophia Homes (Ukraine)
METRO Cash & Carry Ukraine
City Capital Group
System Capital Management (Ukraine)
- Representing the interests of Hilton Hotel in a number of disputes regarding the construction of an office-hotel complex which is being built and has committed numerous violations of city-planning legislation.
- Advising the consortium of NIRAS, Deutsche Welle and BBC Media Action on implementing European Commission technical and financial support to the Government of Ukraine for its portion allocated to the National Public Broadcaster of Ukraine, which involves dealing with land and property titles.
- Acting as a legal counsel to Pharmagate including dealing with all issues related to the acquisition of a new office.
Dentons is a prominent player in niche market areas, including handling bespoke contracts under Ukrainian law, advising on agriculture and land law, greenfield site developments, servitude agreements and environmental permits, and acting in real estate disputes. The group also advises international banks on real estate financings for Ukrainian developers. Managing partner Oleg Batyuk leads the practice following Markian Silecky's move to Polsinelli PC in Washington DC.
DTEK Renewables BV
TIU Canada Ukraine
- Advising Nordex Group on real estate matters in connection to the implementation of a project regarding the construction, maintenance and supply of a wind farm in Ukraine.
- Advised Chinese energy giant PowerChina Guizhou on the implementation of the Progressovka project, a 148MW solar power plant in the Mykolaiv region.
GORO legal handles an extensive workload of construction projects, including commercial, office and warehouse developments, in Kiev and across Ukraine. As head of the land, real estate and construction department, Ihor Kornev focuses on complex construction projects that frequently require an in-depth understanding of urban planning legislation. Among the team's clients are domestic developers including DIM Investment Management. The group also handles contentious real estate matters.
‘GORO legal understands the norms of legislation and resolves issues in the field of land law, real estate and construction. Lawyers at GORO legal provide comprehensive support on construction projects and specialise in solving complex issues related to objects of cultural heritage, deviations from regulatory documentation and others.‘
‘Specialists of the GORO legal law firm have shown themselves as responsible and qualified partners. The contact person in the firm for construction is Ihor Kornev.‘
‘I highly appreciate the attitude towards the client, the efficiency in processing tasks and a non-standard approach to solving situations. GORO legal has solved a lot of my questions, I am very satisfied with its services and I always recommend them to my friends. I don’t see any weaknesses in their work and recommend them.‘
National Aviation University
DIM Investment Management
Residence complex “Eneseyevskaya Mansion”
- Represented Nova Poshta in a dispute relating to releasing land plots from attachments and the illegal change of land plot boundaries owned by the client. The team proved absence of grounds for seizure.
- Represented residential complex, Eneseyevskaya Mansion in a dispute with Kyiv State Council regarding land plots and the plan development of the construction territory.
- Assisted DIM Investment Management with obtaining permission documents for the construction of real estate objects, including advising on the legislation of town-planning norms and limitations through court proceedings.
Gramatskiy&Partners is 'highly professional and competent' and the highly regarded Ernest Gramatskiy is 'very experienced and knowledgeable, having handled a lot of complicated issues in real estate'. The practice handles the full range of work relating to commercial, residential and infrastructure construction projects, and advises on leases, sales and disposals. It also excels in land use matters, project finance work, taxation issues and dispute resolution.
‘We have worked with the Gramatskiy & Partners team for many years. We are fully satisfied with their competence, they are our irreplaceable legal consultants.’
‘Mykola Voitovych organises all the communication and sets affairs going. He is a highly professional lawyer, with great experience, flexible, attentive, and client-oriented.‘
LLC «Coworking Platforma Leonardo»
LLC «Coworking Platforma Artzavod»
LLC «Coworking Platforma Podil»
LLC «Coworking Platforma Futura»
LLC «Platforma Holding (Cyprus) Limited»
LLC «Platforma Holding Ukraine»
BUSINESS CENTER” STAARONAVODNYTSKY” LLC
City Capital Group
Seven Hills Group
Fun Food Family
Playtech UA (PTS UA Services)
PJSC Plant Quant
PE General Construction
- Advising BC Staronavodnickiy LLC on its purchase of real estate including structuring the transaction and representing the client in negotiations.
- Advising software company SBTech UA on a lease agreement with Astarta, Business Centre.
- Advising Park Lane LLC on the lease of non-residential premises in the trade centre Darynok including preparing contracts and handling additional agreements and negotiations.
Ilyashev & Partners' work on real estate, land use and construction matters covers acquisitions and disposals, due diligence issues and real estate portfolio audits, the structuring of construction projects, and contentious matters. Renowned litigator and 'highly reliable expert in the real estate and construction industries' Mikhail Ilyashev leads the practice, which is 'extremely dynamic and professional'. Associate Dmytro Hrybov is also a key name to note.
‘The team at Ilyashev & Partners works outstandingly together. I can assess the firm’s overall level of service as high, with a high degree of specialisation. They have good industry knowledge and keep an eye on the economic impacts.‘
‘Mikhail Ilyashev is outstanding and professional. His approach is built on a longstanding trust, practical business sense and mutual loyalty.‘
‘Dmytro Hrybov is goal-oriented and practical expert in project developments. He has really solid expertise in construction contracts and construction and renovation projects.‘
‘The team has very strong lawyers specialising in real estate, land and construction financing.‘
‘Mikhail Ilyashev and Roman Marchenko are excellent specialists with extensive experience in real estate and construction.‘
‘The presence of the Illyashev and Partners in the cities and regions of our company’s activities makes it flexible and fast in representing its clients interests.‘
‘Dmytro Hrybov shows flexibility and readiness to meet the demands of the client.‘
‘Ilyashev & Partners is a well-reputed law firm with good experience in all different parts of a deal. We work closely with them on a daily basis dealing with every aspect of our business. Co-operation with the firm ensures gaining a reliable partner in legal matters. Its availability and speed are great advantages.‘
‘I highly recommend Mikhail Ilyashev, Roman Marchenko and Dmytro Hrybov for their support in real estate and land issues. I was impressed with our communication; we were always well informed by them and they were able to explain the facts of a case in a way that I can understand quickly.‘
‘We have worked with Ilyashev & Partners firm from its founding. Ilyashev & Partners firm was one of the first law firms that combined lawyers who are specialists in different areas.‘
‘The firm’s main strength is advocacy. We were thoroughly impressed with Ilyashev & Partners’ professionalism and their sensitivity to our situation. The firm was professional and knowledgeable during the entire process, which was smooth and seamless. They took care of everything. The legal process was performed with perfection, care and expertise. Deadlines were always met and I never worried how my case was being handled.‘
‘The Ilyashev & Partners’ team communicated and reacted in a prompt way on our requests. The firm is not about “making money” but instead about helping its clients.‘
‘Ilyashev & Partners firm was great. They were super patient, explained the process in detail, and made us feel comfortable throughout. They are conveniently located and were always available if we had questions.‘
‘Ilyashev & Partners has a good combination of excellent expertise and a solution-driven approach, with a team of strongly-committed lawyers with a good understanding of clients’ needs. It was a real pleasure to work with them. We have mostly worked with the senior partner Roman Marchenko, counsels Oleksandr Denysenko and Leonid Gilevich. They are very experienced, dedicated and reliable lawyers and always deliver customised advice. They really know what we need.‘
‘The firm has very good real estate lawyers. The documentation that they develop is of the highest quality.‘
‘The team’s services in Ukraine and Estonia were useful to us. The main contacts on the projects were Mikhail Ilyashev and Roman Marchenko. All tasks are performed at the highest level and we are happy with the results.‘
‘Ilyashev & Partners advised our company on numerous foreign investment projects. Deals were time sensitive, and the firm provided deliverables quickly without sacrificing any work quality. We are very satisfied with how the team understood our prospective and acted in our best interest to ensure we maximised our profits.‘
‘Mikhail Ilyashev is outstanding and professional, he is ready to answer any call and is always straight to the point and efficient.‘
Yurovo, Pakhra Fields, Bylovo
BTA Bank Kazakhstan
Danube Shipping-Stevedoring Company (COFCO)
A1 Investment Group
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
COFCO Agri Ukraine
M-Line Property Management (Kazakhstan)
Ukrainian Chemical Products (Group DF)
AFI Development (Russia)
- Advising developers Yurovo, Pakhra Fields and Bylovo on the protection of property rights to land plots located in Troitskiy and Novomoskovskiy administrative districts (territory of New Moscow, Russia).
- Acted for land developer Pakhra Fields in a dispute with the Moscow environmental prosecutor’s office relating to the acknowledgement of the title of the state over land plot owned by the debtor.
- Handled the renewal of a special permit for subsoil use for Canadian mining company Black Iron, which is implementing a project on the development of Shimanovske iron ore deposit in Kryvyi Rih.
Integrites handles a steady flow of high-value real estate and construction matters stemming from its active energy and natural resources department. The practice, led by Oleksiy Feliv, is particularly active in the renewable energy sector, in which it handles land issues, construction matters including EPC contracts under FIDIC standards, and commissioning, permitting and regulatory issues. Counsel Gennadii Roschepii is a notable name for major infrastructure projects.
‘Igor Krasovskiy and Gennadi Roshchepii are attentive and they deliver on time.’
‘I have only a only positive experience of our co-operation and a great experience of the company in the construction sector. They can find unique solutions and successfully implement them.‘
‘The lawyers are reliable, positive, devoted to their work and very experienced.‘
‘Energy and real estate in Ukraine are interrelated, and Integrites is known as a quality legal service provider in both sectors. Its profound expertise in real estate makes the firm stand out on the market. I would recommend Integrites to both international investors in Ukraine and local businesses. The team handles complex projects in quite a skilful and balanced manner.‘
‘I communicated mostly with Oleksiy Feliv, managing partner. He is a recognised legal expert in real estate in Ukraine. He and his team supported many international investors who entered the Ukrainian market in recent years. I like his attitude, his advice has always been professional, timely and comprehensive.‘
‘Integrites stands out among other law firms because of its industry specialisation and solid experience in energy. The firm provides professional legal advice in an efficient and amicable way. I would recommend the firm to companies looking for a legal partner with exceptional expertise and portfolio.‘
‘I mostly interacted with Oleksiy Feliv, managing partner. He is a recognised energy expert who has particularly strong expertise in renewables. I like his attitude, he is responsive and knowledgeable in energy matters. Would recommend him as a reliable partner.‘
‘The firm is client oriented and provides fast responses and well thought out and practical advice.‘
‘Oleksiy Feliv is a very knowledgeable real estate expert, probably the best in Ukraine lawyer in real estate.‘
‘Gennadii Roschepii is a knowledgeable and client-oriented associate in the real estate practice.‘
AKW Ukrainian Kaolin
SE NPC “Ukrenergo”
- Supporting Wärtsilä on the construction of several generation and co-generation power plants and handling the implementation of electricity supply security.
- Supporting Norwegian wind farm developer NBT on the acquisition and development of a project company with the potential and lease rights to develop the 750MW Zophia wind farm.
- Advising Eurocape/LongWing on the construction of the first 98MW phase of a planned 500MW wind farm in Ukraine.
As 'a young firm with well-seasoned professionals', Kinstellar has 'a professional team with a strong sense of ethics'. Counsel Oleg Matiusha is 'the renowned head of the team and is praised for his versatile experience in real estate matters.' He focuses on real estate and land mandates, construction projects, regulatory issues, PPP projects, concessions and infrastructure and privatisation projects. The group also handles large construction projects in the energy, agriculture, hospitality and retail sectors.
‘Olena Kuchynska, Oleh Andreikiv and Oleg Matiusha are a pleasure to work with. They are highly motivated, capable professionals with good knowledge of Ukrainian and international legislation and the business environment.‘
Stockman Interhold SA
Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU)
State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPFU)
- Advising agriculture and chemicals company Syngenta on land law and real estate matters.
- Advising ADM, a multinational food processing and commodities trading corporation, on corporate, regulatory, land law and environmental law issues pertaining to its activities in Ukraine.
- Advised TBEA, China’s largest energy equipment manufacturer, on Ukrainian law matters relating to its investment into a Ukrainian wind power plant in Southern Ukraine, which included legal support for the planning stage of the construction and the due diligence of real estate objects.
At Lexwell & Partners, 'the team is very professional and successful, and it is very attentive to the details.' The 'very focused and smart' Andrei Kolupaev leads the practice, which has an impressive roster of clients, among which are ArcelorMittal and Toyota. It has a strong reputation for handling complex land-related transactions, and its recent work also included environmental, planning and permitting matters for large mining projects.
‘Lexwell & Partners is not a big legal firm but it has a strong focus on client needs. Their analyses and consultancy usually are quite deep and comprehensive which is always helpful for business.‘
‘I had the experience of working with other legal firms in Ukraine but Lexwell & Partners demonstrated better quality of service because it delivers exactly what you need.‘
‘From my experience, Lexwell & Partners delivers higher quality legal advice with a focus on the customer needs.‘
‘They met all our expectations and are able to provide efficient solutions.‘
‘I work primary with Andrei Kolupaev who ensures the top quality of the services provided. In comparison with competitors, his advice seems very effective and right to the point.’
‘Lexwell & Partners has a highly qualified team with strong potential, strategic experience and cohesive professionals focused on their clients’ business objectives. In my opinion, their key strengths are the quality of their product and their proactive approach.‘
‘My main contact is Andrei Kolupaev, who leads this team. I have a very positive impression and like the high-end quality of the professional product he and his team produce.‘
‘They provide top quality advice and ensure the best results. It has high quality, strong expertise and a client-oriented approach. I believe their performance is really good in terms of value for money.‘
‘Andrei Kolupaev stand out for the top quality of his legal expertise, his strategic thinking and his professional approach.‘
Ministry of Justice
- Obtained a licence for the mining activity of ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih.
- Assisted with a change to a licence for the mining activity of Podilsky Cement.
- Advised CRH on all stages of the construction of a cement terminal in the Kyiv region.
SDM Partners LLC regularly takes a pivotal role in multimillion-dollar construction projects in diverse sectors including the healthcare, energy, telecoms and infrastructure industries. The firm also frequently acts for investors on complex and high-value private and public projects; other work includes handling land acquisitions and construction projects, as well as property disputes. Serhiy Dzis and Anna Kulish are the key partners.
Serhiy Dzis; Anna Kulish
ADER HABER handles a growing number of high-value matters, counting among its clients private equity investors including Dragon Capital and construction company Merx. Practice head Aleksandra Fedotova has extensive experience in the fields of construction and real estate, land and agrarian law; her work also encompasses land and water issues relating to sea and river ports. The group also handles commercial and residential developments, real estate investments projects, financings and leasings.
‘ADER HABER has been supporting me in real estate and construction issues for over 12 years. Since the beginning of our partnership, I have become very satisfied with the quality of their services.‘
‘ADER HABER has been supporting me in real estate and construction issues with the help of partner Aleksandra Fedotova. Ms. Fedotova has been a valuable and trust-worthy partner for the whole period since the beginning, and has created a strong impression of a well-experienced specialist. Ms. Fedotova has been advising on all issues arising from potential and forthcoming legislative changes in real estate, land, construction and agribusiness sectors.‘
‘Vitaliya Fedotova supports all land issues arising from real estate purchase and development projects, ensuring time-effective and organisationally efficient procedures. More importantly, her team is very hard-working, and her management skills are perfectly shown within the communication with her and members of her team within the projects.‘
ALFA BANK, PJSC
BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO
- Advising Merx PJSC, a large construction and business centre lease holding company, on the acquisition of real estate assets in Kiev.
- Advising Dragon Capital on conducting due diligence as part of its acquisition of the Horizon Park Business Centre.
- Assisting Kalpataru Power Transmission, a large Indian energy conglomerate, with a negotiation process with SE NEK Ukrenergo regarding the features and conditions of a contract for the construction of a high-voltage line.
Antika Law Firm
Antika Law Firm 'always delivers high-quality, sufficient and sustainable support'. Its work includes the sale and purchase of land plots and commercial real estate, construction projects, permitting issues, real estate investment schemes and disputes. Alexey Kot, Alexander Burtovoy and property development specialist Sergii Korniienko are the lead partners. Automotive company AWT Bavaria is among its key clients.
Alexey Kot; Alexander Burtovoy; Sergii Korniienko
‘Well-known and grounded Alexey Kot and his partners Andrey Kuznetsov, Alexander Burtovoy, Maxim Korchagin and Sergii Kornienko, compose a unique combination of deep academic knowledge and long-standing practical experience in various spheres in Ukraine. Civil law is one of their strong areas.‘
AWT Bavaria, LLC
Advokátska kancelária Officium KB s. r. o.
- Advising AWT Bavaria, LLC on the construction of the second launch complex of the first stage of the construction of a business centre in Hora village, Kyiv.
- Assisted AWT Bavaria, LLC with the reconstruction of the its offices and car showroom facility in Kyiv.
- Handling AWT Bavaria, LLC’s purchase and sales transactions relating to its importer centre in Hora village, Boryspil district, Kyiv region.
Corporate partner Oleh Malskyy leads the practice at Eterna Law, which handles complex local, regional and national commercial and industrial real estate projects. Its work covers land allocation issues, negotiations with local authorities to obtain approvals and permissions, pre-development sales and acquisitions of land, as well as construction and leasing matters. The firm is also active in project finance matters.
- Advised a banking client on the registration of the rights to a mortgaged estate.
- Providing legal due diligence on a hotel construction project in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Supporting a client from Turkey in a tender to build a recycling centre in Lviv, Ukraine.
GOLAW acts for investors’ interests in international real estate transactions, handling the structuring of transactions and property management issues. It also advises on the financing of acquisitions and construction projects, as well as the related tax matters. Sergiy Oberkovych and Max Lebedev jointly lead the practice, which has extensive experience in the zoning and allocation of land plots for infrastructure, alternative energy and agricultural projects.
Sergiy Oberkovych; Max Lebedev
Export Guarantee and Insurance Corporation (EGAP)
GAP (Fiba Retail Group)
Marks & Spencer (Fiba Retail Group)
- Advised KBPP Management on the conclusion of EPC and O&M contracts with BWSC relating to a $105m power plant project.
KM Partners is focused on tax, customs, transfer pricing, dispute resolution and real estate matters. Its real estate and construction practice, which is led by Maxim Oleksiyuk, handles the due diligence of property assets, construction disputes, inspections by supervising authorities, taxation of real estate assets, construction permits and financing work. The firm advises large multi-national clients on property transactions and acts in disputes.
LEXJUS focuses predominantly on mid-market real estate and leasing transactions, and also handles contentious real estate matters. Head of real estate Volodymyr Chuba and head of litigation Andrii Gusak are the main practitioners. Chuba frequently advises owners of newly built shopping malls and office buildings in Ukraine and abroad on their relationships with tenants; he also acts for tenants of commercial properties in leasing matters.
Volodymyr Chuba; Andrii Gusak
Torgovo-Energetychna Companiya “Energoinvest”, LLC
TRC Lavina, LLC
Tsentr Comertsiynyh Ploshch, LLC
- Advising Torgovo-Energetychna Companiya Energoinvest, LLC on lease matters.
- Advising TRC Lavina, LLC on lease matters.
- Advising Invest-Budgarant, LLC on lease matters.
PwC Legal is 'very capable and a pleasure to work with, and makes clients feel as if the team is an in-house counsel team'. Practice head Olga Balytska is well regarded for her understanding of real estate, construction and land use matters, and has extensive experience in the market. The team acts for local and international companies, developers, hospitality organisations, municipal and governmental institutions, investment funds and private investors.
‘What is unique about PwC Legal Ukraine is that the firm and the lawyers always try to understand the needs of the clients even before the clients make a request. The services provided by PwC legal Ukraine are always tailor-made, always taking into consideration the client’s budget.‘
‘PwC Legal Ukraine is always asking for the needs of the client and is ready to provide services right after a request is made, without any delays.‘
Kyiv City Council
- Initiated and supervised the preparation of new municipal legislation regarding the sale of parking lots through the transparent public procurement system ProZorro on a competitive basis.
- Filed a lawsuit seeking to protect the property rights of a Ukrainian landowner that had been breached as a result of the existing moratorium on the sale of agricultural land in Ukraine.
Redcliffe Partners is noted for advising on property investments, real estate transactions and the financing of construction projects. The practice, which is led by Svitlana Teush, handled large-scale cross-border projects, notably in the energy and agriculture sectors; Teush has extensive experience in real estate, construction, energy and infrastructure, procurement and privatisation mandates. SALIC and EBRD are among the firm's clients.
- Acted as legal counsel to SALIC on the acquisition of Mriya Agro Holding’s assets, which included the complex real estate due diligence of the Mriya Group and its Ukrainian assets.
- Advised EBRD, NEFCO, a number of lenders and JP Morgan Securities PLC acting as the debt arranger on a complex real estate due diligence and EPC contract review.
SPENSERS handles real estate development and construction work, the structuring of real estate investments, real estate finance issues, acquisitions and contentious matters. Head of real estate Maksym Lytvyn and managing partner Valentyn Zagariya are the key practitioners. Recent work includes handling cross-border acquisitions for investment funds, construction projects in the energy sector and numerous property disputes.
Valentyn Zagariya; Maksym Lytvyn
Totum is a specialist real estate firm. Founded in 2011, it handles real estate, construction and land matters for Ukrainian clients and investors and developers from many other jurisdictions including Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and China. Key partners Bohdan Yaskiv and Yuriy Khapko lead the team, that 'shows deep expertise and high professionalism, and delves deeply into clients' problems'.
Bohdan Yaskiv; Yuriy Khapko
‘The main feature of Totum is its customer focus. Experts studied the issue in detail and suggested the most optimal solution. Upon completion of our cooperation, the lawyers continue to communicate with us.‘
‘Very experienced professionals were involved in our project. Managing partner Bogdan Yaskiv and senior associate Tetyana Onyshchenko structurally analysed the problem and made many useful recommendations.’
‘The lawyers helped to develop documentation to continue the normal business of our company. In addition, experienced lawyers represented our interests in the government and together we achieved a positive solution to our problem.‘
‘Bohdan Yaskivand and Irina Chepurnova were involved in our project. The high level of knowledge and many years of experience of this team helped us get a positive result.‘
‘Totum has a young and active team of lawyers who are not afraid to offer atypical solutions to the problem. They are very attentive to the wishes of their client and always find the most optimal solutions.‘
‘Totum’s team has shown a high level of expertise in the implementation of our project. Thanks to their professionalism and deep attentiveness, we were able to protect ourselves from the risky investment.‘
‘Senior partner Yuriy Khapko and lawyer Taras Bondarenko showed patience and perseverance in solving our problem. Thanks to their non-standard solutions, we have saved considerable money.‘
‘The team is distinguished by the ability not only to help solve a specific problem, but also the ability to give useful recommendations that minimise risks for business in the future.‘
‘Managing partner Bohdan Yaskiv and lawyer Irina Chepurnova showed themselves not only as professionals, but also as strategists. Thanks to their expertise, the investment attractiveness of our project has increased.‘
‘Totum’s lawyers not only provide assistance on specific issues, but also provide useful recommendations for future business development. Thanks to the cooperation, our project has successfully launched.‘
‘Our project was realised by the large team led by senior partner Yuriy Khapko and managing partner Bohdan Yaskiv. Expert lawyers Yana Mikhailiuk and Olha Porkhovniuk helped not only launch the project with all our wishes, but also suggested the best options for corporate business management.‘
Beton Complex LLC
Kyiv factory of sparkling wines PJSC
Modern Education Academy LLC
Engineering Center “Sushka”
Solar Ecoinvest LLC
Uzin Solar LLC
Horizont BudService LLC
- Providing legal support to Kyiv factory of sparkling wines PJSC on reducing land costs.
- Assisting Beton Complex LLC, one of the leading concrete producers in Ukraine, with a land plot registration in State Real Estate Cadaster for the purpose for operating and maintaining services and activities.
- Advised Poznyaky-Zhyl-Bud PJSC, one of the largest Kyiv developers, on restoring a lease agreement with Kyiv City Parliament.
Wolf Theiss handles real estate due diligence projects as part of cross-border M&A deals, transactional matters and, more recently, real estate disputes for mortgage holders, property owners and construction companies. Managing partner Taras Dumych advises on corporate, finance, real estate, energy and litigation matters; his team acts for international clients including A1 Telekom Austria and China Electronics Technology Group Corporation.
A1 Telekom Austria
China Electronics Technology Group Corporation
British investor of the Kyiv Terminal LLC
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Conducting due diligence on real estate assets for A1 Telekom Austria regarding its contemplated acquisition of one of the largest telecoms operators in Ukraine.
- Advising Rent24 on its real estate acquisition and joint venture with a Ukrainian partner, Chasopys – the first ever cross-border joint venture transaction in the Ukrainian co-working sector, which included due diligence of the real estate of the target company.