Private client in Ukraine
Aequo focuses on the private wealth needs of ultra-high-net-worth individuals, including business owners, entrepreneurs, families and groups of private investors. The firm's multidisciplinary practice encompasses family law, disputes, philanthropy, art, estate planning, immigration, tax planning, reputation management and real estate transactions, among other matters. According to a client, the firm demonstrates 'high standards of decision-making and impeccable professional ethics'. Anna Babych (who has 'both a great sense of business acumen and outstanding legal expertise') and managing partner Denis Lysenko are the lead partners. They are ably supported by senior associate Vasyl Mishchenko and counsel Oksana Krasnokutskaya.
Anna Babych; Denis Lysenko
Other key lawyers:
Vasyl Mishchenko; Oksana Krasnokutskaya; Michael Lukashenko
‘Aequo’s team is excellent in what it is doing. It has a great mix of outstanding hard skills and a client-care mindset. Definitely a top-tier firm. ’
‘We work a lot with different practices of the firm. I am very much satisfied with the team we are assigned. I would like to spot out Anna Babych, who has both a great sense of business acumen and outstanding legal expertise. We also work a lot with Oksana Krasnokutskaya, Michael Lukashenko and Vasil Mishchenko. They all are excellent lawyers.’
‘The firm shows high standards of decision-making and impeccable professional ethics.’
- In the course of renewal of the Ukrainian tax legislation related to CFC and BEPS launch in Ukraine, the firm advised an UHNWI on matters that covered analysis of the tax standing of the client’s companies located in foreign jurisdictions and cash flows within the group, potential exchanging of sensitive financial information between Ukraine and jurisdictions of foreign banks, restructuring options for risks mitigation.
- Assisted an ex-member of the Ukrainian Parliament with developing the litigation strategy in a case concerning protection of honour, dignity and business reputation. This included deep research into the activities of public persons in order to collect sufficient evidence to support her case.
- Provided relocation assistance to US citizen who is seeking to establish a presence in Ukraine and is acquiring private and business assets in Ukraine.
Asters provides a broad range of legal services to high-net-worth individuals, successful entrepreneurs and their family members; the scope of its work includes the structuring, investment, management, transfer and protection of wealth and business assets. The firm is noted for its work on trusts and family funds., and also has experience of matters involving family law, immigration, and the acquisition of luxury assets such as art and private aircraft. The practice is jointly led by Oleksandr Onufrienko, who has 25 years of experience in private client matters, and Constantin Solyar.
Oleksandr Onufrienko; Constantin Solyar
Avellum's team 'brings outstanding speed, depth of industry knowledge and a sense of humour to any engagement'. Leveraging its extensive international expertise, the group is frequently involved in cross-border matters relating to wealth management, tax, family disputes, immigration and real estate matters. Up-and-coming partner Vadim Medvedev, who leads the practice, focuses on tax matters, anti-corruption compliance and succession planning. Managing partner Mykola Stetsenko acts for business owners, CEOs, high-net-worth individuals and their family members on the management of their wealth and business assets.
Other key lawyers:
‘The Avellum team brings outstanding speed, depth of industry knowledge and a sense of humour to any engagement. ’
‘The lawyers at Avellum are able to give me advice I can use to make business decisions. They take the time to understand what I am trying to accomplish, however complex, and cater their advice accordingly.’
- Representing PEP in high-stakes cross-border litigation before the High Court of Justice.
- Advised a Ukrainian high net worth individual on the optimal corporate and business structure in relation to the introduction of controlled foreign companies rules in Ukraine.
- Advised a Ukrainian private investor on the restructuring of his business in Ukraine; developed new financing structure of the client’s group of companies, which consolidates his business and minimises costs of administration of foreign companies, and complies with OECD requirements.
Sayenko Kharenko provides a wide range of private wealth management services to high-net-worth individuals and business owners. Its work includes tax structuring and the purchase of high-value items, including works of art, wine collections, elite horses, private jets, football clubs and classic cars. Alina Plyushch, who 'always provides the best solution for each specific client', leads the practice. Senior associate Dmitriy Riabikin is also highly recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘We are absolutely convinced, that Sayenko Kharenko has the strongest and the most skilled private client team in Ukrainian market, as they were the first in Ukraine who created separate practice for private clients. We are working with them for many years and believe that they combine deep knowledge with an understanding of local specifics.’
‘We can underline working with such individuals as partner Alina Plyushch and senior associate Dmitriy Riabikin. Alina can always provide the best solution for each specific client.’
‘We appreciate the partner availability and engagement.’
- Advising Maksym Bondarenko, the owner of the group of companies carrying their business under brand “WHIRL”, in international structuring of his business and fund raising, for the purposes of expansion into new markets, further development and protection of owner’s interests, including personal wealth structuring.
Vasil Kisil & Partners is 'one of the first firms in Ukraine to develop complex a private client practice and already has strong international reputation'. It provides a broad range of private client services to high-net-worth individuals, families and business owners. This work encompasses all aspects of family law, including divorce and inheritance disputes, and pre-nuptial and post-nuptial contracts and cohabitation contracts. The firm also handles international capital structuring, and both domestic and international tax planning. Oksana Voynarovska, who handles family and inheritance law, and private wealth management partner Alexander Borodkin are the lead practitioners.
Oksana Voynarovska; Alexander Borodkin
‘The firm is one of the first in Ukraine to develop complex a private client practice and already has a strong international reputation.’
‘Oksana Voynarovska is a well-known expert in Ukrainian family law, always very efficient and attentive to the matters.’
ADER HABER assists high-net-worth individuals with a host of legal services, among them tax, family law and wealth management. It acts for wealthy individuals, businessmen, beneficiaries and senior managers of Ukrainian and foreign companies, as well as members of Parliament and key figures in other state authorities. Tetyana Ivanovych leads both the firm's private client and employment law practices, which enables her to assist with a wide range of immigration issues.
Leonid Mykhaylovych Chernovetskyi
Diana Vakhaivna Kaplun
Aleko Amiranovych Dzotsenidze
- Representation of interests of Leonid Chernovetskyi in debt recovery in the amount of $340,000 and termination of the agreement on child custody and financial maintenance of mother.
- Advising Ihor Chervonenko on developing a full set of documents to resolve all disputes in respect of divorce: property division; upbringing and maintenance of the child; maintenance of one of the spouses. Support of the Client in the negotiation in the amount of $5,900,670.
- Advising and representing interests of Diana Vakhaivna Kaplun in the dispute over the division of property of spouses, including advice on the most effective ways of out of court settlement in the amount of $2,400,000.
AGA Partners reformed in 2020, having previously merged with Avellum for a brief period. The firm handles wealth management and family law, as well as complex matters involving inheritance, surrogacy, and reproductive technologies. Iryna Moroz and Aminat Suleymanova, who are highly regarded for multijurisdictional family disputes, are the lead partners. Clients highlight their 'exclusive and deep expertise in international law and truly client-oriented approach'. Senior associate Oleksandr Gubin 'knows perfectly the nuances of the Ukrainian legal system'.
Aminat Suleymanova; Iryna Moroz
Other key lawyers:
‘AGA Partners leaves a very good impression of its work and attitude to clients. Its work is of a high standard of quality and it has professional skills and experience. They always respond very fast to requests.’
‘I worked with managing partner Aminat Suleymanova, a very professional and dedicated lawyer. She has exclusive and deep expertise in international law and a truly client-oriented approach. It is very easy to find a common language with her and you can trust her advice, as her expertise is beyond any doubt.’
‘Senior associate Oleksandr Gubin is a very reliable and experienced lawyer, who is always ready to help with our issues. I appreciate his knowledge and speed of response.’
‘The firm has an impeccable reputation and provides discreet, swift and efficient service to its clients. It has experience in working with clients in various jurisdictions when two conflicting court decisions are in place, and has extensive knowledge of international law. It also has experience in working with foreign law firms, smoothly and professionally becoming part of the international team. It provides professional and honest feedback to the client, along with an honest evaluation of risks and contingency plans.’
‘Olexandr Gubin is a professional and hardworking lawyer who knows perfectly the nuances of the Ukrainian legal system. Despite the fact that Ukraine is not governed by the precedence law, the reading and application of various law and regulations and international treaties can oftentimes have opposite meaning. It is important to have a team member like Olexandr who can navigate you through this safely and provide adequate advice consistent with the tasks. He is a valuable and assiduous member of the team who works like an engine moving things forward.’
‘The team is exceptional in particular within the realm of international family law. It has broad and specialist knowledge and its international practice is second to none in Ukraine.’
‘Aminat Suleymanova is outstanding – exceptionally bright and great with clients, she ensures that her clients feel really supported and protected. She is also an excellent technical lawyer.’
‘Oleskandr Gubin is an excellent junior – nothing is too much trouble. He is highly motivated and efficient.’
- Successfully represented the interests of the former wife of a wealthy Ukrainian businessman and politician in a dispute concerning divorce proceedings, division of HNWIs joint common property, both in the UK and Ukraine with a total amount of £90m.
- Representing the former wife of a wealthy Ukrainian businessman and politician in a dispute establishing the place of residence of the child claim filed against the client to the Ukrainian court, involving the issue of jurisdiction between UK and Ukraine.
- Representing the interests of UK citizen before Ukrainian state enforcement service regarding the enforcement of the decision of the Supreme Court regarding the return of a wrongfully retained child to England.
Arzinger's private client practice handles tax, sanctions issues, anti-money laundering compliance and family law. The firm fields a multidisciplinary team that includes corporate and real estate partner Timur Bondaryev.
Other key lawyers:
Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office
Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office has a team of·practitioners who advise clients on personal tax, as well as the structuring and management of private wealth in the world's key financial centres. The practice, which is led by tax and finance partner Hennadiy Voytsitskyi, assists clients with developing global wealth management strategies in line with local regulatory requirements and commercial issues.
Expatpro is a boutique firm that predominantly assists foreign clients with immigration to Ukraine. In addition, it also handles family law matters. 'The young and dynamic team does what it says and does it well', notes one client. Immigration specialist Liubomyr Kuziutkin, litigator Vasyl Cherednichenko and head of family law Platon Danylenko are the lead partners. Senior associate Tetiana Yashchenko is recommended for immigration matters.
Liubomyr Kuziutkin; Vasyl Cherednichenko; Platon Danylenko
Other key lawyers:
‘Vasyl Cherednichenko is patient, kind, and readily available. He has been able to explain a wide variety of legal issues to me, and although I speak Russian, it is very helpful to work with a lawyer with an excellent command of English.’
‘Vasyl Cherednichenko has been helping me with legal issues for almost a year and half. He is thoughtful, well-informed, and researches questions to ensure we are pursuing the most appropriate actions in my best interest. I trust his opinion and expertise. Although I speak Russian, I appreciate very much that we can communicate in English, and his English is excellent.’
‘The practice specialises in immigration for individuals and assists foreigners with the establishment of domestic companies and businesses. I have used and continue to use EXPATPRO for exactly that and have had a positive experience. The firm does what it says and does it well. Communication is good and prices are reasonable. The team is young and dynamic and the 2 senior partners are well versed in their specialty and trustworthy.’
‘I work closely with Vasyl Cherednichenko, the founding senior partner. He is young, well educated, well connected and fluent in English – which is a big plus, and not common with other firms. I have developed an excellent business relationship with EXPATPRO primarily through Vasyl.’
‘A small team with very personalised service. Proficient in all financial, immigration and employment-related issues. Fast turnaround of issues with a flexible, problem-solving approach.’
‘Vasyl Cherednichenko provides expert, and targeted advice. He has a problem-solving mindset.’
DASM Europe & Partners
Igor Kossov, a journalist of Kyiv Post
Julia Shum, owner of popular sport hub in Ukraine
Patrick Manfred Pfeffer, US citizen
Alexey Eremenko, citizen of Israel
Steven Dolzenko, citizen of Canada
Lauwiner Jonas, citizen of Switzerland
Hull Jason, citizen of UK
Eric Michailov, citizen of Australia
Ashley Meredith, citizen of Australia
Nasser Ramsis, citizen of Egypt
Mikhail Strunkin, citizen of the Russian Federation
- Providing legal advice to Igor Kossov (a journalist of Kyiv Post) on the restoration of Ukrainian citizenship.
- Representing interests of the major group of advertising companies (DASM Europe & Partners) in connection with obtaining work and residence permits for its expat employees in Ukraine.
- Providing legal support to a US citizen in relation to numerous real estate investment projects in Kyiv amounting to $2m, which involved arranging for the residence permit in Ukraine.
EY Law's team in Kiev focuses on tax, wealth management, immigration planning and currency control compliance. Olga Gorbanovskaya and Halyna Khomenko act for high-net-worth individuals from Ukraine and abroad, including family business owners and the senior executives of large corporations. The firm is best known for its work in relation to cross-border tax compliance and it is a leading adviser on Ukraine's new controlled foreign companies rules.
Olga Gorbanovskaya; Halyna Khomenko
Ilyashev & Partners, which is best known for its broad litigation practice, frequently handles disputes concerning disputes, inheritance matters, tax and sanctions. The firm is increasingly involved in matters of family law. It recently advising a Ukrainian politician on property division issues arising from a divorce, which included a valuation of all assets. Litigator Roman Marchenko leads the practice in which Mikhail Ilyashev is a standout practitioner. 'Knowledgeable, tenacious and diligent' associate Nina Bets is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Mikhail Ilyashev; Nina Bets
‘The practice is client-focused and detail-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced atmosphere. ’
‘Mikhail Ilyashev and Roman Marchenko deliver solutions across investments and wealth planning to help to build and manage wealth. They possess strong analytical and top-notch interpersonal skills, and put us as their clients at the centre of everything they do.’
‘Ilyashev & Partners is a team that really knows and understands its clients and their clients specific needs. A lot of attention is paid to proactive solutions and to client engagement. I get a great level of legal expertise from this team. Their promises strictly correspond to their deeds and results.’
‘My lawyer is Nina Bets. Nina Bets is knowledgeable, tenacious, diligent, with a great legal brain and always ready to assist and advise. She is fantastic with clients and works really hard to get the best result possible. She is amongst the absolute best of the associates. She was hugely knowledgeable, supportive and reassuring; communication was clear and no question was too small for her to answer.’
‘A very resourceful and experienced team, able to answer any questions any time.’
‘Mikhail Ilyashev and Roman Marchenko are legendary, they are best of the best .’
- Representing interests of a prominent entrepreneur in several court cases on personal and business defamation and declaring the activities of Internet sources illegal.
- Advising members of Ukrainian Parliament and Kyiv City Council on filling in and filing of e-declarations.
- Advising a member of Ukrainian Parliament on property division issues during a divorce and regarding split of the assets between spouses.
Integrites' team is 'composed of highly skilled legal experts who have broad international experience'. The firm handles a growing portfolio of private client work for high-net-worth individuals, notably for tax matters, business structuring and high-value disputes. Tax and customs specialist Viktoriya Fomenko and litigator Dmytro Marchukov are the lead partners. CIS arbitration practice head Olena Perepelynska is also recommended.
Viktoriya Fomenko; Dmytro Marchukov
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is composed of highly skilled legal experts who have broad international experience. They provide top-quality comprehensive advice on Ukrainian law which make them a unique team player on complex international transactions and multi-jurisdictional disputes.’
‘Dmytro Marchukov is a brilliant legal mind, highly competent and very devoted to his clients. His professional skills and human approach make him the best legal advisor on any complex matter.’
‘Dmytro Marchukov has been exceptionally hardworking and responsive ’
‘Integrites offers a wide variety of legal services, with its private client practice standing out for its tailor-made advice and careful client handling.’
‘Dmytro Marchukov is an exceptional lawyer with niche expertise in several areas, including the private client sector. Dmytro provides a fresh and creative approach on matters, while maintaining an excellent relationship, something which is guided by his fine-tuned communication skills and market confidence.’
‘The team advised us on tax issues related to separation of business due to political issues. The case was complex because of the tension between Ukraine and Russia. I am happy with the work done by the team.’
‘They are good lawyers to work with, their advice is sound. What impressed me is that they explain complex things in an easy way and find a way out of the most troublesome situation. If I need to recommend a law firm dealing with tax issues, I would definitely say Integrites is the best choice in terms of level of service, expertise and fees. Viktoriya Fomenko is excellent in tax work.’
‘Collaborating with Dmytro Marchukov on cross-border litigation in asset tracing and recovery was a pleasure. Their high professionalism, hard work and in-depth knowledge of the subject matter and general commercial practice led to great results for the client.’
KPMG Law in Ukraine
KPMG Law in Ukraine's private client practice is focused predominantly on international tax matters, including tax residency and the structuring of private assets. Its multidisciplinary team, which acts for a growing number of high-net-worth individuals, is led by international tax head Oleksandr Boboshko. He is supported by tax partners Sergey Popov and Oksana Olekhova.
Other key lawyers:
Sergey Popov; Oksana Olekhova
PwC Legal handles a growing volume of international tax matters for high-net-worth individuals, and it also excels in the electronic filing of assets and liabilities declarations of public officials, assistance with the acquisition of personal assets abroad, private wealth management and immigration. Partner Slava Vlasov, private client head Yury Zakharchenko and associates Kristina Kochetkova and Olga Melnychenko, are the names to note.
Slava Vlasov; Yury Zakharchenko; Kristina Kochetkova; Olga Melnychenko
- Comprehensive support to Hopewell Group with regard to employment and immigration matters. Hopewell Residential is one of Canada’s leading residential development companies, building stylish and affordable homes in the world’s most sought-after communities for more than 20 years.
- Comprehensive support to TeeJet Technologies Denmark with regard to employment matters. Full support related to replacement of the Head (Director) in the Ukrainian Representative office, advising on various labour matters, including confidentiality, non-compete clauses, working regime, termination of employment.
- Assisted Farmers Edge with entering the Ukrainian market and is providing full-scope legal assistance related to a variety of employment and immigration law matters, including the preparation of employment documentation and comprehensive assistance with immigration compliance procedures for a foreign Director of a Ukrainian LLC.
Selepey, Volkovetsky & Partners
Selepey, Volkovetsky & Partners is a boutique law firm with a specialism in revitalising legally distressed assets. Its work involves investment, insolvency, debt restructuring, property matters and disputes. Finance partner Yaroslav Volkovetsky leads the practice. Partner Andriy Selepey and senior associate Yuriy Selepey are also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Andriy Selepey; Yuriy Selepey
‘I had received very good recommendations about Selepey, Volkovetsky & Partners before started our cooperation. I should say, they have completely proved their efficiency, high level of professionalism and ability to create greater value for their clients. SVP lawyers examined my case in great detail. They were well-willed and attentive; all my wishes were taken into account. A deep understanding of business and economic nuances contributed to the fact that the outcome was what I wanted. SVP is an incredible team.’
‘I had spoken to Andriy Selepey the most. First of all, he is a real professional with a quick-witted and analytical mind. When I sought for an urgent legal support, Andriy organised a real brainstorm immediately, gathered all the people he needed for a collective super mind, clearly distributed the tasks to everyone, and then gathered everything into pieces in the shortest possible time. I was really impressed.’
‘I hired Selepey, Volkovetsky & Partners to find a way out of a complex issue. The lawyers are helping me and my partner to find mutually beneficial solutions.’
‘The partner of the firm Andriy Selepey is leading our case. He is a true strategist who gets inspired by working on non-standard cases. Mr. Selepey is responsive and always meets deadlines.’
‘I would like to note that SVP work out all the project details carefully, look for favourable solutions for all parties, and communicate with the client and our holding on a high level. I am very pleased with their professionalism. Moreover, I want to emphasise the trust they establish with the client.’
‘Speaking about Yaroslav Volkovetsky I would like to mention his great negotiation skills, intelligence and deep understanding of how business works. He is professional, reliable and nice in person. Mr. Volkovetsky builds long-term relationships with his clients.’
‘Yuriy Volkovetsky is a dedicated professional in corporate law. He is very attentive, has an individual approach to every issue and develops high-quality products for clients. I like his ability to show results in a short period of time. He demonstrates the ability to find non-standard solutions and implement them.’
‘Senior associate Yuriy Selepey is diligent, responsible and consistent in his approach to my matter. He is professional, pleasant and friendly in communication.’
Mr. Mohamad Anas El Karout
Private investor, partner of UDP, one of the leading developer group
Private investor, legal successor of $78m loan from VTB Bank
Oleksandr Solovey, owner of Spike Trade AG
Majority shareholders of Idaliya LLC
Co-owner of Polis, debt restructuring company
Andriy Karunos, owner of Oscar Retail Chain
Owner of Kryvyi Rih Mining Machinery Plant
Co-owner of “Verholy Relax Park” resort
Private investor, successor of JSC Active Bank and National Bank of Ukraine
Andriy Kolodiy, real estate private investor
Pool of private creditors of Olga LLC and Tamira LLC
- Assisted Lebanese investor Mohamad Anas El Karout, with research and analysis of legal, political, social and economic risks of a potential investment project — a 500MW wind power plant project in Zaporizhzhia region, Ukraine.
- Provided legal support to Andriy Karunos (owner of Oscar Retail Chain) of bankruptcy and litigation, served as integrator of business solutions and concluded vital $75m debt restructuring.
- Providing strategic advice and support to Oleksandr Solovey, owner of Spike Trade AG, on matters related to crisis management, company restructuring and transformation.
Eterna Law joins the rankings on the strength of its work for business owners, senior executives and Ukrainian and CIS high-net-worth individuals in the area of wealth management and family law. The firm also frequently advises on the purchase of high-value items including private jets, yachts and real estate. Nickolas Likhachov, who joined in 2020 from SPENSERS to lead the banking and finance practice, and international tax planning specialist Oksana Kneychuk are the names to note.
Nickolas Likhachov; Oksana Kneychuk
‘It was a pleasure working with Eterna Law. The lawyers are dedicated to finding a solution fit for the client. They have shown good expertise and have always acted within initially agreed timelines.’
‘Oksana Kneychuk is very proactive, diligent and easy to work with. Her knowledge and attention to detail really stand out.’
GOLAW handles the structuring of family businesses and related tax matters, as well as audits, risk analysis and the transfer of assets. It is also recommended for the establishment of trusts and funds, as well as advising on the residence status of foreigners and citizens of Ukraine. Corporate partner Max Lebedev and Sergiy Oberkovych jointly lead the practice. They are supported by respected white-collar crime expert Valentyn Gvozdiy.
Sergiy Oberkovych; Max Lebedev
Other key lawyers:
- Representation of the interests of the ex-rector of Bogomolets National Medical University in several court disputes regarding illegal dismissal.
- Representation of the interests of the judges in several lawsuits to appeal decisions of the High qualification commission of judges in Ukraine.
Hillmont Partners LLC's private client practice is branching out from its traditional focus on cross-border family law matters to advise more frequently on the structuring and protection of assets and investments, as well as reputation management. Founding partner James Hart, who leads the practice, provides investment planning advice and litigation support. Dispute resolution counsel Andrii Chornous provides support.
Other key lawyers:
‘They speak with clients in a way that is understandable for non-lawyers.’
- Representing a foreign investor in the sector of commercial real estate in a £200m complex multi-jurisdictional litigation.
- Advising a private client regarding the High Court of Justice against a London-based law firm in a professional negligence claim for damages of approximately £10m.
- Representing the interests of a private client in a UAH8m dispute with the State Tax Service of Ukraine.
KPD Consulting Law Firm
Former barrister Olena Domanchuk leads KPD Consulting Law Firm's practice, bringing to bear her extensive experience of litigating divorce cases. She is knowledgeable about a wide range of issues, including the division of marital property, alimony and execution of marriage settlement agreements, protection of property rights, inheritance matters and the execution of pre and post-nuptial agreements.
I am working with two lawyers in this practice, and both of them are outstanding. They have client-oriented approach, don’t let things go on their own, follow up on every detail that needs to be followed up, which is very important in a country such as Ukraine, where one cannot rely on the flow of things in the state judicial system. The team’s strength is definitely the speed of reaction to documents coming from the side of, for instance, state police that need to be answered, as well as timely follow up with client on documents to be provided and an excellent work ethic. ’
‘Olena Domanchuk has introduced an unprecedented case in the practice of family law in Ukraine, I believe. She solicited a timely decision from the District Court, which, when overturned by the Supreme Court, is now being looked at by the European Court of Human Rights. The fact that the European Court of Human Rights has declared my case admissible is an outstanding achievement already, and that was definitely possible thanks to the work of Olena who has properly and thoroughly prepared my dossier and files, which I could not have done myself.’
- Successfully represented a client’s interest in court over obtaining a scientific degree.
- Successfully represented a client’s interests in court over determination of the place of residence of children with the mother.
- Successfully represented a client’s interest in court over reclaiming property from illegal possession.
Legal House Group LLC is noted for its extensive work in private tax matters and growing presence in the private wealth management market. The firm advises high-net-worth individuals on the acquisition of property, income declaration, trusts and business affairs. It also provides proof of crypto-income services for individuals who receive income from innovative financial products. Natalia Radchenko and Lana Golian are 'specialists with a high level of expertise in the private client sector'.
Other key lawyers:
‘The services of the Legal House private clients team are provided at a high expert level in compliance with all confidentiality standards. Management and structuring of personal assets have become much easier and safe under the engagement of partners Natalia Radchenko and Lana Golian.’
‘I shall distinguish partners Natalia Radchenko and Lana Golian. We have been cooperating with them for many years due to the great level of expertise and the consistent quality of the services provided. Natalia and Lana comprehensively solve the most complex matters and offer individual solutions for each of them.’
‘The firm’s practice for private clients, represented by partners Lana Golian and Natalia Radchenko, provides services at a high expert level. Partners are strongly experienced in working with private assets and private funds, as well as presenting high standards of confidentiality. We also like to admit the high quality of services for the structuring of private and corporate assets, an individual and comprehensive approach to complex tasks.’
‘We estimate partners Natalia Radchenko and Lana Golian as specialists with a high level of expertise related to the private client sector. The partners always demonstrate extensive experience, an approach to solving issues in a comprehensive manner and offer timely and practical solutions to the most complex private problems. Long-term cooperation of our company with Natalia Radchenko and Lana Golian is an indicator of quality for their work. We appreciate an individual approach and receive it.’
GLOVOAPP UKRAINE LLC
BUSINESS-CONSTRUCTOR UKRAINE LLC
- Assisted a private individual with structuring $18,000,000 crypto assets into a trust
- Assisted a private individual with grouping and restructuring private family assets, which consist of aggregate enterprises in the machine-building industry, companies in the agricultural sector and energy, media, tourism and development.
Litigation Group has 'a professional team of lawyers who spare no effort and time in all disputes'. Alhough much of the firm's work involves white-collar crime cases, it handles a broad range of private client litigation for high-profile clients and high-net-worth individuals. Its work includes slander and defamation cases, financial disputes, customs law, smuggling cases and contentious family law matters. Yuriy Demchenko and Denys Dyomin are the lead partners.
Yuriy Demchenko; Denys Dyomin
‘The service I received was exceptionally effective and of very top quality. ’
‘Litigation Group are real experts. The provide non-standard and fresh solutions, effective methods of protection, correct and prudent tactics of actions in a given situation ’
‘Denys Dyomin was directly involved in my defence in a criminal case from the very beginning. I would like to note his responsibility, meticulousness, attention to details and unsurpassed knowledge of the law.’
‘We have known Litigation Group law firm for not a long time, and can tell that this is a professional team of lawyers and attorneys who spare no effort and time in all disputes. This law firm assisted and represented me as an MP in court regarding the parliamentary elections. We are very pleased with the quality and efficiency of lawyer’s teamwork and we will definitely recommend this firm. ’
‘I want to note Yuriy Demchenko, who is more than a professional lawyer, he also perfectly represented the interests of me as an MP and was distinguished by a brilliant knowledge of the law and judicial psychology. We also collaborated with Denys Dyomin, who excelled in his creativity and thorough attitude to our case. Denis is an excellent lawyer, at least because of his efficiently and client-oriented approach.’
- Representing interests of the client, a well-known politician, ex-major of Kyiv City in the cases on protection of his honour, dignity and business reputation against the leading Ukrainian media.
- Represented Arsen Avakov in cases on restoring his dignity, honour and political reputation.
- Representing Oleksandr Grytsenko client before Ukrainian Court and law-enforcement authority on the stage of pre-trial and trial investigations in connection with multimillion credit provided for Ukrainian Media Group sale-purchase transaction in 2013. Mr. Gritsenko is suspected in contributing to the legalisation of incomes illegally obtained by senior officials at Mr. Yanukovich time.
Mitrax Attorneys at Law
Mitrax Attorneys at Law focuses purely on family and inheritance law, and handles high-value matters of divorce, the division of property and the law relating to children. The firm's recent merger with Vernydubov and Partners added specialist skills in criminal and tax law. Oleg Holubnichy, who leads the family disputes practice, recently handled a division of joint property case with assets valued at $35m.
- Handling a lawsuit filed by client Murat Nalchadzhioglu against Karolina Myroslavivna Kuiek (Ani Lorak) over the division of the spouses’ property.
- Handling a lawsuit filed by client Sergey Vladimirovich Aleksandrov against Oksana Vladimirovna Aleksandrova about the division of the spouses’ property.
- Handling a case filed by Lyudmila Nikolaevna Sagalevich against Mikhail Dmitrievich Nevmerzhitskiy about establishing the fact of living in one family without marriage registration and dividing the spouses’ property.
SDM Partners LLC provides legal support to family businesses, private entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals. Its work covers the areas of tax, corporate and family law. Its clients include many high-profile Ukrainian and foreign business leaders. Dmytro Syrota and Serhiy Dzis are the main practitioners.
Dmytro Syrota; Serhiy Dzis
Skliarenko, Sydorenko and Partners
Skliarenko, Sydorenko and Partners 'demonstrates strong capabilities in personal liabilities, taxation, reporting requirements and other private client matters'. The firm is mainly focused on litigation but also handles disputes family law and private wealth management. Managing partner Oleksandr Skliarenko and litigator Andriy Trygub , who is 'able to anticipate issues before they evolve into a legal risk', lead the practice.
Oleksandr Skliarenko; Andriy Trygub
‘Skliarenko, Sydorenko and Partners demonstrates strong capabilities and knowledge of personal liabilities, taxation, reporting requirements and other private client matters which may effect business and personal operations.’
‘Andriy Trygub is the best point of reference for private client matters. He has great insight into the practice of the regulators and is able to anticipate issues before they evolve into a legal risk.’
First Deputy Chief of the State Enterprise “Information Court Systems”
- Represented the interests of a candidate for President of Ukraine during 2019 Presidential elections relating to accusation of the National Agency on Preventing Corruption of incomplete reporting on the origin of funds, spent on campaigning.
- Representing a private client, the former deputy Minister of youth and sport in Georgia, in a case involving the National Central Bureau of Interpol in Ukraine.
- Representing the official of a state-owned enterprise, the claimant, relating to a labour dispute with the State Courts Administration over alleged illegal dismissal.