Firms in the Spotlight Dispute resolution
Dispute resolution in Ukraine
EQUITY Law Firm
Oleg Malinevskiy; Serhiy Chuyev Kyiv; Viacheslav Krahlevych
‘An extremely strong litigation team. They cover all bases in litigation, from banking, construction and insolvency, and bankruptcy matters to general litigation. The team under Oleg Malinevskiy’s leadership is very down to earth and is good at explaining legal issues in layman’s terms.’
Oleg Malinevskiy is a market leader in litigation. He is extremely academic and a doyen of insolvency-related litigation. Also, Andrii Ivaniv has great commercial knowledge and understands clients’ needs.’’EQUITY team is both knowledgeable about the theory of law and the reality of law.’
‘Serhiy Chuyev consistently provides insight and advice, as well as listens to feedback to best understand the situation, together yielding optimized strategies to deliver expedient, cost-efficient results.’
Corporate non-governmental pension fund of National Bank of Ukraine
Azovmash Group PJSC
Group of Azovmash Companies
Investohills Vesta Financial Company
Expert Invest LLC
KAIZEN HOLDING OU No
Finance Company LLC
- Advised KAIZEN HOLDING OU on $10m restructuring through acquiring distressed assets.
- Advised Azovmash Group on restructuring of $2.9bn debts towards more than 200 creditors including 10 banks.
- Represented UkrInBank PJSC in $200m dispute concerning the appeal against the procedure for withdrawal of UkrInBank from the market.
Aminat Suleymanova; Iryna Moroz; Ivan Kasynyuk
‘The team has an extremely impressive knowledge of agricultural commodities disputes.’
‘Iryna Moroz and Ivan Kasynyuk are both impressive individuals with a great knowledge of the agricultural commodities sector and excellent client service levels.’
‘The team at AGA Partners led by Iryna Moroz is one of the few forms with a serious focus on arbitration work and rich experience with dealing with international clients, including PRC clients.’
‘An outstanding firm with very experienced lawyers. The team always had the clients in mind and insisted on being involved even when Ukraine was at the early stage of the invasion.’
‘The individuals are intelligent, experienced and thoughtful.’
‘In our common practice, we cooperated with Ivan Kasynyuk and Iryna Moroz have high professionalism and the ability to evaluate and accept the client’s counterarguments if they differ from the opinion of lawyers. When interacting with the personnel of AGA Partners, there is a feeling of confidence in achieving a positive result.’
‘AGA partners provide highly qualified advice and justification of the customer’s legal positions, which made it possible to avoid arbitration in disputes with counterparties. High-quality consultations, development of the necessary negotiation documentation and support of official correspondence with the counterparty.’
‘Iryna Moroz and the team are extremely strong, skilful and convincing at negotiations. Attentive to details and deadlines.’
AK NISASTA SAN. VE TIC. A.S.
Alliance Grain Trade
ARIA Commodities (Cayman) Limited
Arnika Organic Europe AG
BSS Group LTD
China National Building Materials and Equipment Import & Export Corporation
ERGOLENS ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Grow The World
Georgian Business and Development Company LLC
INFAVOR Sp. z. o. o
Logan Edzell Crerar
MAX KRÓLIKOWSKA DANUTA SPÓŁKA KOMANDYTOWA
PAMYAĞ GIDA VE KİMYA SAN. TİC. LTD. ŞTİ
Ofis Yem Gida Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS
“Delta Wilmar Ukraine” LLC
L&A Trade LLP
Reed Smith LLP
GrainCorp Operations Limited
Viking Trading OU
LLC “KUKHAR RISHELIE”
Royal Garden LLP
Poseidon Tradewaves Limited
Gals Agro LLP
KTL Ukraine LLP
MMT Commodities GmbH
Risoil Overseas Ltd
TRADEX GIDA DIS TIC LTD STI
Mova Trade Gida San. Tic. A.S.
Millcorp Geneve SA
ADAMA UKRAINE LLC
Agro Metal FZCO
Miloubar Agriculture Cooperative LTD
NCH Capital Inc. (UK)
Harvest Group S.A.
State Food Grain Corporation of Ukraine, PJSC
ADM Company GmbH
POSCO Daewoo Corporation
COFCO Agri Resourses LLC
Astarta Holding LLC
Olam International Limited
Marcopolo Commodities SA
GAFTA Kyiv Office
Oleos Trading Limited (UK)
Ronly Holdings Ltd (UK)
Smart Trade Overseas SA
Fergus Kazakhstan LLP
Mimier Trade SA
- Represented Ukrhydroenergo in a dispute with Fichtner GmbH & Co. KG concerning the rehabilitation project Increasing the capacity of Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant.
- Represented the China National Building Materials and Equipment Import & Export Corporation in a dispute concerning the invalidation the agreement for the provision of the guarantee before Ukrainian commercial court.
ILF Law Firm
ILF Law Firm
‘Team includes specialists on different topics.’
‘Practice is well established and positioned among the benchmark peers.’
Joint Ukrainian-American Enterprise “Europol” LLC
Diadema Butterfly LLC
Metipol 1 LLC
German Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ukraine
- Advised Westron on avoiding tax penalties in the amount of about half a million euros.
- Advised Diadema Butterfly LLC on protecting $5.4,000,000 worth assets and proved the validity of agreements on the purchase of real estate signed in 2009.
- Advised Metipol 1 LLC on protecting $945,000,000 worth of the client’s assets.
Vasil Kisil & Partners
Andriy Stelmashchuk; Oleg Kachmar; Oleg Alyoshin
Other key lawyers:
Reynolds Porter Chamberlain
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
J.P. Morgan Securities Plc, Pala Assets Holdings Limited, Shakoor Capital Limited, Amundi (UK) Limited, UBS AG
Unifer International GmbH
European Business Association
Miniso Ukraine LLC
Robert Bosch GmbH
Political Party “HOLOS”
- Represented the Parliament Political Party “HOLOS” in a court dispute with the National Agency on corruption prevention on state funding of political parties.
- Represented PrivatBank in a dispute regarding the validity of the agreement upon which the PrivatBank’s obligations to bondholders.
Other key lawyers:
ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih
Gas Transmission System Operator of Ukraine
- Represented Gas Transmission System Operator of Ukraine in two series of disputes related to gas trading and price regulation with a total value of about $900m.
- Represented Naftogaz of Ukraine and its subsidiaries in a $10+bn international dispute against Russia over a breach of the Ukraine-Russia bilateral investment treaty.
- Represented Philip Morris in a litigation over $50m fine imposed by the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine as well as in arbitration against Ukraine over this matter.
Ante Law Firm
‘Ante is a boutique law firm with a focus on dispute resolution which provides highly efficient solutions to many practical problems businesses may face in Ukraine.’
‘Ante’s managing partner Andriy Guck`s practical approach truly provides value for money.’
‘Firm has very deep expertise in pharmaceuticals and medical devices combined with experience in various related litigation. That makes Ante very effective in dispute resolution for the pharmaceutical industry.’
Qatar Airways Group Q.C.S.C.
British Airways PLC
DFU Agro LLC
Air France – KLM
Columbus Handling LLC
Mr. Khalil Ishaq Khalid Jarrah
- Represented Dan Farm LLC in a complicated court case regarding rights to rent a land and arguable decisions of local authorities to allocate the land to competitor.
- Represented Columbus Handling LLC in the bet-the-company litigation against State Tax Service of Ukraine.
- Represented Zdravo LLC in three tax notices related to violations in corporate profit tax and personal income tax payments.
Ario Law Firm
Ruslan Sydorovich; Julian Khorunzhyi; Eugen Hrushovets
Lawyers of AFU
Investors of Kyivreconstruction PJSC
Industrial Group ViOil
Ukrainian Catholic University
- Represented the military persons and their family in numerous disputes arisen in connection with hostilities.
- Assisted Enforcement Agencies with the collection of evidence of war crimes committed by the representatives and citizens of Russian Federation in Ukraine.
- Represented Ukrainian Catholic Universities in dispute on restoring the rights for commercial property.
Sergii Shkliar; Timur Bondaryev
‘Strong professionals with practical knowledge and a high level of cooperation.’
‘Timur Bondaryev is highly engaged in the projects, with strong practical advice, looking at the project from a wider perspective than just the legal sphere.’
‘The team provides a fast response and is to the point.’
Association “Ukrainian Agribusiness”
Alliance Holding LLC
RUST Ukraine LLC
A group of Chinese investors – Wang Jing, Li Fengju, Ren Jinglin, Xu Changshung, Wang Xinlei and Liu Yanning
GE Power, part of General Electric
Skyrizon Group of companies
Raiffeisen Bank International
- Represented Alliance Holding LLC in a dispute with a former employee.
- Represented ROUST Ukraine LLC in a labor dispute with a former employee on a claim for additional wages and compensation for unused leave.
Oleksiy Didkovskiy; Markiyan Kliuchkovskyi; Gleb Bialyi; Andriy Pozhidayev
Other key lawyers:
Serhii Sviriba; Serhiy Dusanovsky
‘The team provides excellent collaboration.’
‘The team is very responsive with a sufficient number of lawyers with different expertise who can cope with different and urgent requests.’
‘The Asters team provide insights on Ukrainian law and procedures taking place in Ukraine. The information they provide is always helpful, accurate and to the point.’
‘The team is extremely helpful and reliable and revert quickly on all questions we have on Ukrainian law and the pending investigation.’
‘The team is excellent and strongest in the market.’
‘We have found Aster’s team to be extremely knowledgeable, responsive and efficient. They always provide very valuable insights.’
‘A sufficient number of professionals having expertise in various spheres and capable of coping with all possible issues is making this firm convenient and attractive to do business with.’
Bentec GmbH Drilling & Oilfield Systems
Deposit Guarantee Fund of Ukraine
DEPS Telecom LLC
Gazova Budyvelna Kompaniya, LLC
Hansa Reinsurance Brokers AG
JSC CB “PrivatBank”
Ministry of Finance of Ukraine
Mr Nazar Kovalenko
State Savings Bank of Ukraine (Oschadbank)
The State of Ukraine
- Advised the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on the inter-state proceedings being brought by Ukraine against the Russian Federation.
- Represented PrivatBank in the set of fraud litigations against its former owners.
- Represented State Savings Bank of Ukraine in a dispute based on the claim of Cypriot company for recovery of debt in the amount of $25m.
Attorneys’ Association Gestors
Andriy Tsvyetkov; Vitalii Makhinchuk
Finaswiss Trading S.A.
XL Insurance Company SE
Kostiantyn Likarchuk; Vadim Medvedev; Mykyta Nota
Other key lawyers:
Andriy Fortunenko; Lyudmyla Volkova
‘Avellum dispute resolution team is best in class. They drive results in a highly professional manner and provide high-quality service on tight timelines to ensure the job is done properly.’
‘Firm’s main strength is its commitment to delivering the best possible results. They are always prompt and clear with their responses. They can deal with multi-jurisdictional issues. They can manage cases which involve both legal and financial issues.’
‘They can easily identify the key issues and know how to tackle any problems that may arise.’
‘It’s an outstanding firm with very experienced lawyers. The team always had the clients in mind and insisted on being involved even when Ukraine was at the early stage of the invasion.’
‘Mykyta Nota is an outstanding lawyer and excellent in evaluating new and sometimes game-changing aspects of a case.’
‘Cooperation with Avellum is always productive and helpful. As for me, their unique feature is the client-oriented approach, when a legal opinion is practical and relevant just to the client’s circumstances.’
‘Strategically focused and extremely clever. The Avellum team is superb and completely in tune with western practice and procedure.’
‘Avellum is a high-powered law firm with exceptional market presence in Ukraine, especially given the relatively young age of the firm and its principals.’
Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
Ms Lesya Sofiyenko
Stockman Interhold SA
Ms Ganna Tigipko
Mr Yakov Gribov
Prodigy Finance Ltd
Shareholders of Fintech Band LLC
British American Tobacco Group
Group of shareholders of Fintech Band LLC (Monobank brand)
ILTA Origination LLC
LLC Urozhaina Kraina
PJSC Galicia Distillery
- Represented Petro Poroshenko, 5th President of Ukraine, in a high-stake cross-borderlitigation before the High Court of Justice.
- Represented a group of shareholders of Fintech Band LLC in a complex dispute with their former business-partner Mr Dmytro Dubilet and his UK company Fintech Farm.
- Represented Nadezhda group in a dispute with the AntimonopolyCommittee of Ukraine.
Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office
Other key lawyers:
- Represented Tedis in connection with the fine imposed by the AMCU for anticompetitive concerted actions before the Ukrainian courts.
‘Very knowledgeable team, responsive and cooperative in complex arbitrations, where Ukrainian issues are involved.’
Fresenius Medical Care Ukraine
- Assisted the client with several litigation cases against state medical services regarding collection of outstanding amounts for the provided services.
Other key lawyers:
- Represented multinational electronics company in the copyright lawsuit in Ukraine.
- Advised Piraeus Bank on the sale of a $62.5m loan.
- Advised a large American provider of water technologies in a litigation related to a product liability issue.
Esquires Law Firm
‘The company has qualified lawyers on its staff. Legal services are provided at a high professional level, always on time. Lawyers provide the necessary amount of information for prompt decision-making.’
‘The team always stays in touch, has a high level of knowledge and sufficient experience to solve various tasks, responds quickly to requests and finds alternative ways to solve problems.’
‘The Esquires team provides us with excellent service in dispute resolution. Consultants provide a clear forecast of the result based on judicial practice and experience.’
KHSH MEHA 19 ASSOCIATION OF OWNERS OF AN APARTMENT BUILDING
- Represented KHSH MEHA 19 ASSOCIATION OF OWNERS OF AN APARTMENT BUILDING in a claim for the recovery of debt before the Commercial Court of Kyiv City.
- Assisted KHSH MEHA 19 ASSOCIATION OF OWNERS OF AN APARTMENT BUILDING with a claim for recovery of funds.
- Represented KHSH MEHA 19 ASSOCIATION OF OWNERS OF AN APARTMENT BUILDING in a claim for the collection of debts.
Andrey Astapov; Oleh Beketov; Eugene Blinov; Aleksandr Lugovskyi; Nataliia Koroviakovska; Yan Voinikanis – Myrskyy
‘Eugene Blinov is as dedicated and as informed as they come.’
‘Oleh Beketov is a market-leading Ukrainian law expert and has built a solid reputation in the UK for giving evidence to the UK High Court on complex matters arising under Ukrainian civil law. He is reliable, delivers well under pressure and has sufficient resources within his team to enable court deadlines to be consistently hit.’
‘Eterna is providing high-quality services in an extremely professional manner.’
Metinvest International SA
Exoil Trading SA
- Advised a state railways operator on a $15m-worth dispute with an Austrian counterparty.
- Assisted a state railway operator with the recognition and enforcement of ICAC at UCCI award in Switzerland against a Swiss company.
Andriy Porayko; Oleksandr Ruzhytskyi
‘We have been working with EVERLEGAL for over years. With time, we consider that EVERLEGAL meets our requests and requirements, as lawyers have the expertise we need. Their work meets consistently high quality, provided efficiently at the optimal cost of services in the market. The solutions the team offers meet our needs aimed to protect our rights and commercial interests.’
‘The leading lawyer for our projects is Oleksandr Ruzhytskyi. His approach to resolving issues is particularly impressive. He is a very client-oriented legal partner, clearly understands our needs, and offers the most balanced solution, considering all possible risks.’
The Embassy of Japan in Ukraine
The National Bank of Ukraine
- Represented Unilever in operations and sales in Ukraine and a court dispute with The State Emergency Service of Ukraine.
- Represented UkrSibbank in a number of disputes relating to the collection of the Bank’s $28.9m worth of NPL portfolio.
- Represented Agromino in complex $3m dispute, involving over 350 parallel court cases regarding the restoration of lease rights on 800 hectares of land.
Valentyn Gvozdiy; Kateryna Manoylenko
‘The GOLAW practice is unique in its very individual approach to every issue. The whole team is always very kind and willing to help. Their job is always quick and accurate. We also appreciate their high knowledge of the appropriate problem. They also always try to come up with alternative solutions which leads to success.’
‘The team has great professionals and is always willing to help with anything on daily basis. It makes this cooperation very pleasant.’
‘The GOLAW company is competent in various fields of law, which gives the flexibility to receive advice and support in all directions of the company’s activities.’
- Represented Amosova K.M., a private client in range of the lawsuits against the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Hillmont Partners LLC
James Hart; Andrii Nyzhnyi
Other key lawyers:
‘James Hart and Andrii Nyzhnyi lead the practice. They are professionals with very different backgrounds, though both have exceptional expertise. Such combination allows the team to deliver unconventional solutions in complex legal matters.’
‘James Hart is smart, responsive and innovative. He is always reasonable in his assessment of the matter. Andrii Nyzhnyi is detailed oriented and accurate. He is easy to work with.’
‘Hillmont has a very smart well-credentialled team of excellent legal defenders with the best experience of litigation and arbitration teams in Ukraine. They particularly excel and bring a wealth of knowledge to cross-border investment disputes. They are smart and have deep knowledge and expertise in dealing with complex dispute resolution matters, including strategy, written pleadings and quality arguments during court proceedings or arbitration hearings.’
‘James Hart is our main contact. He is responsive, pragmatic, solution-oriented and a well-regarded adviser in international matters. He is excellent at developing strategy and great attention to detail. His partner Andrii Nyzhnyi is a knowledgeable and experienced litigator who can provide strategic and practical advice. He offers expertise across a range of commercial disputes and considers matters carefully and with great respect for clients’ interests. Counsel Andrii Chornous is a dynamic advocate with a sharp legal mind. He is an impressive lawyer and provides proactive and precise advice.’
‘The team that I work with, headed by Andrii Nyzhnyi and James Hart, combines strong analytical legal skills with fine process and litigation skills, which result in a formidable team. They approach dispute matters practically, taking into account the commercial outcome and the cost of getting to it. In terms of team collaboration with their own in-house counsel, they are highly constructive and allow for an excellent two-way flow of communication.’
‘Andrii Nyzhnyi is an exceptionally fine analytical lawyer. Regardless of the complexity of the case before him, he has an unerring quality of distilling the case and targeting the areas which need to be addressed. James Hart is an individual who can combine various multijurisdictional issues and combine them into a unified strategy resulting in a quicker and more effective resolution. His commercial experience also impacts on strategy and application of such.’
‘James Hart, very hardworking and professional. He has a unique experience, a high level of competence and professionalism, and finds the best proposition for the client.’
‘James Hart is extremely knowledgeable and provides sensible business-oriented advice. His abilities as a managing partner are truly remarkable. He is outstanding in identifying and addressing the fundamental issues in every transaction or dispute. Andrii Chornous is impressive in his ability to respond almost in real-time to any calls for help concerning complex domestic and international matters.’
Autonomy Capital, Riordan Limited
Glovoapp Ukraine LLC
F.G. Financing / Nonolet|(Foxtrot Group)
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits SA, France
Argentem Creek Partners LP
Scania Ukraine LLC
- Represented Gillett Holdings in the $60m case as victim in criminal proceedings and also has coordinated complaints to the Ukrainian Securities Commission.
- Advised Scania Ukraine LLC on the development of a defense strategy.
- Represented Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits SA, France (formerly known as Belvedere S.A., France) in bankruptcy case in Ukraine.
Ilyashev & Partners
Roman Marchenko; Mikhail Ilyashev
Other key lawyers:
‘The team has an exceptionally efficient dispute resolution practice covering a broad range of areas. The firm’s work is always of high quality, and the lawyers are very persuasive and take care of every little detail. The strengths I would highlight are the level of service and deep industry and legal knowledge, very business-oriented and tailored approach to our issues, responsiveness, and smooth communication with all the team members. I especially like that they are very quick to get a good overview of legal problems in very specialist fields.’
‘Mikhail Ilyashev is a versatile soldier at the head of the strong army. Mikhail personally defends clients in criminal cases and goes with clients to interrogations and searches. He is our “heavy artillery”: a brilliant speaker, he represents interests in Ukrainian and international courts – when the situation is really difficult.’
‘Firm’s portfolio of recent cases impressed us. They are No 1 in dispute resolution practice in Ukraine. Lawyers demonstrate a high level of knowledge and expertise, and the team is very service-minded and fast. The quality of work, drafting and litigating is excellent. We are always well informed by them, and they can explain the facts of a case in a way that I can understand quickly.’
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
The Energy Efficiency Fund
Shipowners P&I Club
West of England P&I Club
Dutch P&I Club
Gard P&I Club
The Swedish Club
Japan P&I Club
Coca-Cola Beverages Ukraine
COFCO Agri Resources Ukraine
Dyckerhoff Cement Ukraine
The Kraft Heinz Company
The London P&I Club
The Standard Club UK Ltd
JV Poltava Petroleum Company
JKX Oil & Gas Plc
Ukrainian Red Cross Society
Ukrainian Defence Industry
- Represented the creditors in the commercial courts of Ukraine with regard to bankruptcy AlchevskBy-Product Coke Plant.
- Assisted the client with the coordination of litigations in Ukraine and abroad on $10bn compensation for losses caused as a result of fraud committed in a number of countries by the former Chairman of the Board of BTA Bank Mukhtar Ablyazov.
- Advised Ferrexpo AG on the protection of property rights by 40,19% ownership stake in Ferrexpo Poltava Mining.
Olena Perepelynska; Dmytro Marchukov; Oleksandr Onishchenko; Serhii Uvarov
‘Smart lawyers with a good practical sense. They worked smoothly alongside our team.’
‘Serhii Uvarov is knowledgeable in arbitration work in particular. Dmytro Marchukov offered good practical advice on proceedings in Ukraine. Olena Perepelynska provides a great profile for the group externally.’
‘Dmytro Marchukov and Serhii Uvarov are the two key individuals that have assisted us in the past. Both communicate clearly and are responsive regardless of the time pressures placed on them. They inspire confidence in their advice.’
‘Integretis dispute resolution team is very professional and well organized.’
‘Oleksandr Onishchenko is a leading partner for the dispute resolution team with a good global view of the process.’
‘The team is clever, hard-working, great team spirit, available and responsive.’
‘The team is great. It provides a quick and constructive solution to the assigned tasks.’
‘Oleksandr Onishchenko is a respected litigator with a solid track record, a great negotiator and a project manager.’
Mordechai Korf, Chaim Schochet, Uriel Tzvi Laber, Optima International of Miami, Inc., Optima 1375 II, LLC, CBD 500, LLC, Optima CBD Investments, LLC, Optima Ventures, LLC, Optima 55 Public Square, LLC, and Optima 7171, LLC
- Represented NPC Ukrenergo in the investment treaty arbitration against Russia.
- Represented Mordechai Korf, Chaim Schochet, Uriel Tzvi Laber and several corporate defendants in a litigation brought by the largest Ukrainian Bank Privat Bank in Delaware.
Olga Vorozhbyt; Olexander Martinenko
Other key lawyers:
‘I have been working with Kinstellar, and the team managed to maintain a high level of motivation which is very important to secure consistency of the position in such types of disputes.’
‘I am working primarily with Danylo Volkovetskyi, who plays a crucial role in the project management and maintenance of the consistency of our position. Danylo has very relevant experience in cross-border disputes. He is very competent and reliable and tries to offer several options.’
‘Excellent lawyers, strategic thinking, very responsive and practical. Reliable professionals who are highly committed and persistent. They have an excellent understanding of underlying legal issues and the ability to work in critical situations.’
‘The team has a perfect understanding of how to deal with clients, strong strategic skills and exceptional knowledge. Extremely thorough and organized and very responsive. Danylo Volkovetskyi is a stand-out managing associate.’
Joint Legal Team acting for the relatives of victims of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash
Olympic Entertainment Group
- Advised the relatives of victims of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 shootdown on Ukrainian law matters in case considered by the Dutch Criminal Court on damages recovery claims.
- Represented Olympic Entertainment Group AS, an Estonian investor, in a UNCITRAL investment arbitration case against Ukraine.
Alexander Minin; Maxim Oleksiyuk; Alexander Shemiatkin; Ivan Shynkarenko
‘One of the best law firms in tax consulting and dispute resolution. Extremely client oriented.’
‘The team is qualified, client-oriented, responsible for deadlines, with innovative and non-standard approaches, always protecting the interests of their clients.’
‘The team is always careful, responsible, ready to communicate and explain in detail procedures required in each client’s specific case.’
- Represented Ukrainian enterprise of a big international company in a court case under a lawsuit from the fire safety inspection.
- Represented the client’s interests in the case re. protection of honor, dignity, business reputation, obligation to refute false information and compensation for moral damage.
- Represented the client’s interests in a dispute with the tax authority regarding the appeal of tax notifications-decisions.
KPD Consulting Law Firm
Igor Kalitventsev; Yevhen Litvinov
‘KPD Consulting Law Firm won all our disputes. Efficiency is the best indicator for us. The lawyers fully satisfied us in this regard. The firm left no chance to the raiders.’
‘Nothing is impossible for KPD Consulting Law Firm. They warned us about all possible risks, and despite everything, they were successful for us.’
‘I conducted the main communication with Yevhen Litvinov, and I was impressed with his level of involvement in the project. Neither the pandemic nor the war was an obstacle for him.’
ING Bank Ukraine JSC
Yaros Agro LLC
Porsche Mobility LLC
Complex Libidskiy JSC
FURSY ENERGY GROUP LLC
Porsche Leasing Ukraine LLC
Inter Construction Company, LLC
- Advised Yevhen Litvinov on foreclosure for a $12m and for debt collection from individuals.
- Represented Yaros Agro LLC in front of two the largest trading companies of Ukraine: Bunge and Soufflet Group.
- Represented Porsche Mobility LLC in disputes against the debtors in the civil and commercial state courts.
KPMG Law in Ukraine
Sergey Popov; Yuriy Katser; Nataliia Shyshkovska
‘Good team, proactive and energetic.’
Viva Décor LLC
Jooble CIS LLC
Kronospan UA LLC
Canon Ukraine LLC
Buhler Service LLC
Scania Ukraine LLC
IBERSON COMPONENTS LLC
- Represented Canon Ukraine LLC in a precedent-setting and landmark transfer pricing dispute.
- Represented Scania Ukraine LLC’s foreign investments in two landmark commercial disputes regarding collection of lost profits, damages, and penalties.
- Represented Kronospan UA in the court of first instance and appealing / challenging tax notices amounting to $5.5m.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is well organised, quick to respond and with great experience in various fields.’
‘The team deeply researches the issue, is easy to work with and good understanding of the tech industry.’
‘Lamwell is a great team that is always available to deal with any request, including on short notice. I rely on them for a variety of legal issues, including land disputes, financial disputes, and even criminal matters. They are great at navigating the Ukrainian court system and dealing with cases with an international element; they can always find the most efficient and cost-effective solution for such disputes.’
Bunge SA (Switzerland), Bunge Ukraine
Alberta Corp. LP (Scotland, UK)
DSV Logistics (Ukraine), DSV LOGISTICS group of companies (Lithuania)
Inavante LLC (USA)
Coface International (Lithuania)
State Enterprise “Novator” (Ukraine)
LLC “Brensel Trade” (Ukraine)
Gefest Investments Limited (UK)
F.F. Engels Investments Inc. (Cyprus)
LLC “Asset Management Company “PRAKTYKA” (Ukraine)
LLC ”AZOV TRADE BERDYANSK” (Ukraine)
LLC “KVV Group” (Ukraine)
JSC Shostka Bakery Complex (Ukraine)
LLC “Farmkhim” (Ukraine)
- Represented a client in arbitration under the Swiss Rules for recovery of a loan of €3.5m.
- Assisted claimants with ICSID arbitration proceedings in recovering damages awarded by ICSID from the state of Ukraine.
- Represented a US company Inavante LLC in all instances of Ukrainian court system in recovering damages from Ukrainian employee.
LCF Law Group
Anna Ogrenchuk; Artem Stoyanov; Iryna Kobets
Other key lawyers:
Yulia Atamanova; Olena Volianska
‘The whole LCF team consists of strong and multi-skilled professionals. I mainly cooperate with Artem Stoyanov who has a long and successful track record of commercial disputes.’
‘I value LCF very much as our legal advisor. In each of them, the team demonstrates their excellency. They are very smart, rapid, efficient and in-depth lawyers. They are always responsive and business-oriented.
They are extremely good in corporate and antitrust issues, especially regarding corporate structuring and restructuring, disputes with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, obtaining permissions and licenses and communication with state authorities.’
VR Global Partners
First Ukrainian International Bank
SCATEC Solar Solutions Ukraine LLC
TNT Express Worldwide
Ovostar Union LLC
Budmontazhservice – 1
Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
Kyiv State Professional Ballet College
Administrator of Mykolayiv Shipyard “Ocean”
Legal Alliance Company
Illya Kostin; Vitalii Savchuk
‘Legal Alliance have proved itself to be professional by providing us with the best results in pre-trial and court proceedings. It provides a quick and clear response to client requests and expert assistance in ensuring all the necessary workflow for problematic situations related to dispute resolution relations.’
‘It is our pleasure to recommend partners Vitalii Savchuk and Illya Kostin with their individualized problem-solving approach and compliance with international legal standards.’
U.S. Pharmacia International
Movi Health GmbH
- Represented Delta Medical, LLC in court concerning the protection of intellectual property rights.
- Represented Biocodex Ukraine LLC in court after the tax audit and assigning the fine for improper calculation of corporate income tax, VAT and not-notification of leased goods.
- Represented MEDA Pharmaceuticals Switzerland GmbH in the administrative court concerning the challenging the tax authority’s decision on recognition of the Representative Office in Ukraine as a permanent establishment.
Rivneteploenergo (Ukrteplo Group)
Allrise Capital Inc.
Kyiv National Linguistic University
- Represented Ukrteplo Group in litigation proceedings regarding the claims of state gas monopoly Naftogaz Ukraine for the total amount of $14,2m.
- Advised Allrise Capital Inc., on the process of acquisition of Chornomorets Stadium.
- Represented IFCEM on the litigation process for protecting the ownership titles for railway carriages.
Pavlenko Legal Group
Grygoriy Pavlenko; Oleksandra Pavlenko
К Invest LLC
LLC “Financial company “Investohills Vesta”
Congress Development LLC
OTP Bank JSC
LLC “Financial Company” Central Capital”
LLC« Asset Management Company and Pension Funds Administration «Niko Finance»
PJSC Myronivsky Plant of Greets and Feed Stuff)
FC Cantiero LLC
Eksimer Odessa LLC
LLC “Financial Company “Sokur”
- Assisted LLC “Financial company “Investohills Vesta” with more than 10 related bankruptcy proceedings with value $21m.
- Assisted LLC “Financial company “Investohills Vesta” with 20 cases concerning a dispute over corporate control over the Bila Tserkva thermal power plant.
- Assisted FC Cantiero LLC with bankruptcy case of Edelweiss Pharm LLC.
Oleksiy Katasonov; Zhanna Brazhnyk; Dmytro Trut
‘The team had pro-active engagement even during a war situation.’
Joint-stock Bank “PRAVEXBANK”
British American Tobacco Sales and Marketing Ukraine, LLC
Ambiente Furniture Ukraine SC
Halliburton Ukraine LLC
Factory “Flextronics LLC”
Bain & Company Ukraine, LLC
- Represented ArcelorMittal in a precedent for the entire Metal and Mining market in Ukraine successfully.
- Represented the interests of PRAVEXBANK in Ukraine in the tax dispute regarding the tax notifications’ challenge on the amount of $5.7 m.
Olexander Droug; Sergey Pogrebnoy; Olena Sukmanova
‘The team has a keen eye to look many steps ahead to guide their client towards making the most commercially and strategically sound decisions. They are focused on ensuring that client costs are very transparent and in a way that optimizes the greatest results and value for their clients.’
‘Olexander Droug has an excellent client demeanour. He is straightforward, puts the client at ease, has an eye for discerning game-changing details and a keen strategic sense.’
‘Good communication with the team based on regular meetings and transparent towards the client.’
‘The team provide a good explanation regarding the court case.’
‘The team provides a high-quality service at all levels. It is well connected in the country and has great judgment.’
‘Olexander Droug is extremely responsive and offers very valuable strategic insights.’
‘The team provides strong advice, collaboration, creative solutions, and quality of prepared documents.’
‘Lawyers work quickly, well-coordinated for the result. Always achieve their goals in the shortest possible time. Professionals of their field.’
Al Sagr National Insurance Co (PSC)
Allard Pierson Museum
Auchan Group of Companies
Business Ombudsman Council
Helios Strategia SAS
Henkell Freixenet Group
Japan Tobacco International
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
The State of Ukraine
- Represented the State of Ukraine, alongside an international counsel, in a $6.1bn Energy Charter Treaty investment arbitration.
- Represented Japan Tobacco International Group of companies in invalidating the headline-making decision of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on anti-competitive concerted practices in the tobacco market.
- Represented Auchan Group of Companies in matter against the Asset Recovery and Management Agency of Ukraine in the Supreme Court.
Selepey, Volkovetsky & Partners
‘I appreciate that Selepey, Volkovetsky & Partners can work under high pressure. They elaborate and implement legal solutions quickly and flexibly. It is a reliable legal partner for the business owner or private investor. The lawyers have a great breadth of skills to bring in where needed. They are good at strategy and tactics. It is extremely strong in litigation, have a profound understanding of what instruments to apply in which situation.’
‘I worked closely with partner Andriy Selepey. He always has an eye for getting the best result. Andriy is vastly experienced, creative and with a sharp commercial mind. I would like also to recommend senior associate Oleksandra Sierova. Her focus on client service is excellent, as well as her depth of skills and experience. I highly value Oleksandra’s input while court hearings on our cases.’
‘The firm’s strengths and key capabilities are their experience in dealing with distressed assets, readiness to take complicated projects, and ability to find a solution that suits all parties.’
Private investor, holder of USD 25 million debt to Infinity Development Company
Grygoriy Kozlovskiy, owner of Lviv Tobacco Factory
Majority shareholders of a shopping mall in Kharkiv
Oleksandr Solovey — owner of Spike Trade AG
Ruslan Urdzik, co-owner of “Verholy Relax Park” resort
Pool of creditors of Tamira LLC
Polis, debt restructuring company
- Advised investment company on Liga company $165m debt restructuring.
- Advised Grygoriy Kozlovskiy on Lviv tobacco factory anti-raider protection.
- Advised on disputes on legally distressed land plot of over 50 hectares in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Sergii Koziakov & Partners
Mykola Podpalov; Andriy Karnaukhov; Sergii Koziakov
‘Sergii Koziakov & Partners has a strong team of lawyers specializing in domestic litigation and cross-border disputes. They have the world’s major partner companies and connections within Ukraine, which helps them to advise the clients practically on any issues of international arbitration, foreign jurisdiction or domestic litigation.’
‘We are pleased to work with this firm which has proven to be the most reliable and professional. The lawyers are deeply involved in teaching Ukrainian students. The lawyers of this firm are very professional and experienced and always perfectly handle legal affairs and all supplementary administrative and management issues.’
‘We have been working with Andriy Karnaukhov and Andrii Pylypenko, who are very accurate and clever. Their advice is always effective.’
THE STATE OF UKRAINE (the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine)
The State Road Agency of Ukraine
SC “Lactalis Ukraine”
PJSC “Lactalis Mykolaiv”
LLC DTEC Energo holding company
Karol Consulting D.o.o
Honghua International Ukraine
TEDIS UKRAINE LLC
Kaminion Holdings Limited
Interpipe Ukraine LLC
- Represented the State Road Agency of Ukraine in arbitrations against Chinese contractors for road construction.
- Represented Karol consulting D.o.o in pre-arbitrational dispute settlement with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine under the Contract.
- Represented Ukraine in the case State of Ukraine v Allard Pierson Museum on return of Scythian gold – museum artifacts composing Ukraine’s cultural heritage.
Skliarenko, Sydorenko and Partners
Oleksandr Skliarenko; Andriy Trigub; Andriy Sydorenko
‘The team of Skliarenko, Sydorenko and partners have shown remarkable dedication to the case while successfully representing it in court. During our cooperation, the lawyers have shown excellent proficiency, responsiveness and professionalism.’
‘Oleksandr Skliarenko has shown great expertise and experience in dispute resolution in court. He has remarkable litigating skills.’
‘The professional assistance of Skliarenko, Sydorenko and partners has led to the successful resolution of the high-value dispute. Even in the middle of a terrible pandemic, the lawyers have always stayed in contact and provided reliable cooperation.’
Trans Group Monitoring
The First Deputy Chief of the State Enterprise “Information Court Systems”
The importer of Versatile agricultural equipment
One of the Ukrainian largest union of residential apartment owners at over 1000 apartments
- Represented a Swiss investor in a tax dispute with the Tax Service of Ukraine relating to VAT returns.
- Represented the technical equipment maintenance and repair company in case of the accusation of negligent provision of service leading to the destruction of property.
- Represented the Unions of residential apartment owners in a case where the union is sued by one of its participants requesting to annul the Union registration.
Vladimir Vashchenko; Denys Bugay
Other key lawyers:
‘Team of VB PARTNERS is one of Ukraine`s leading litigators with vast experience of banking, fraud and business crime proceedings. I was impressed by the systematic and painstaking preparation of attorneys for court hearings.’
‘Denys Bugay is a very experienced attorney not only in criminal law but in other fields as well. His important strength feature is his personal experience in the banking sector.’
‘The VB PARTNERS team is very good in both litigation and white collar crime with a strong commitment and loyalty to the client. The lawyers has know-how and strong efficiency.’
Shareholders and top managers of Delta Bank, PJSC
Trans Holdings Overseas
Top managers of Misto Bank, PJSC
- Represented the private Ukrainian bank shareholder in a lawsuit related to invalidating and overturning the decision taken by the National Bank of Ukraine to classify Misto Bank PJSC.
- Represented the Swedish automaker, one of the first foreign investors in independent Ukraine, in a lawsuits with a dealers to recover $10m.
- Assisted Trans Holdings Overseas S.A. with the recovery of damages in the amount of $30m. from the state of Ukraine caused by the downtime of an American vessel under illegal arrest during 2018-2020.
‘Wolf Theiss is a great legal resource for any matters in Ukraine. The entire firm was responsive, creative and willing to go the extra step to help our company.’
‘Taras Dumych is a smart and detailed driven lawyer that is a great resource for navigating legal issues in Ukraine. We will not hesitate to work with Taras again.’
Mr. Tamaz Sokhishvili and LLC “Kyiv Terminal”
- Represented Mr Tamaz Somkhishvili, a UK national and investor in Ukraine in a $98m dispute with the City of Kyiv and with the Government of Ukraine.
- Advised an international company involved in the automotive industry on a Ukrainian litigation commenced against its Ukrainian dealer.