Firms in the Spotlight Project finance/projects
Bezen & Partners
Bezen & Partners is one of most prominent independent law firms in Turkey with a renowned projects practice. Headed by Senior Partner Yeşim Bezen, the firm’s projects team offers clients with a unique blend of first-rate local expertise and an extensive knowledge of the international project finance space.View Profile...
Gedik Eraksoy Avukatlik Ortakligi
Project finance/projects Our partners Hakki Gedik and Gökhan Eraksoy established Gedik & Eraksoy in November 2012. For almost a decade, Hakki and Gökhan had been equity partners at a leading local law firm, where they had set up and led a distinct practice group.View Profile...
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING
Kılınç Law & Consulting, provides legal services in domestic and international areas to nationally and worldly renowned clients operating in multiple sectors. On the field of Project Finance; Kılınç Law & Consulting advises a range of high-profile international entities with operations in Turkey with an experienced team on providing project finance and project advice to …View Profile...
Project finance/projects in Turkey
Çakmak Attorney Partnership, which has an enviable reputation in energy and infrastructure projects, is highly active in matters involving power plants, motorways, airports, ports and hospitals, among others. Its team is noted for its first-rate project finance capabilities, where it acts for borrowers and lenders, as well as strengths in the development, construction and operation of projects. It has a wealth of experience of high-profile public-private partnership (PPP) and build-operate-transfer (BOT) projects. The joint heads of the practice are Mesut Çakmak, Zeynep Çakmak, Mustafa Durakoğlu and dual US and Turkey-qualified partner Cem Çağatay Orak.
‘Always up to date, responses in very short time, very reliable, act upon their own initiative, and very broad knowledge.
‘Dedicated to client satisfaction, well-experienced partners in structured project finance and corporate finance structuring’.
‘The team can respond in a very short period with very clear and satisfactory paperwork’.
‘All of our queries are taken care quickly and professionally’.
Landesbank Baden – Württemberg and KFW IPEX – Bank
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Ziraat Bankası and Akbank
Gama Holding and Türkerler
International Finance Corporation
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., Siemens Bank GmbH and Banca IMI S.p.A.
Ziraat Bankası, Halk Bankası, Vakıflar Bankası, Denizbank, Finansbank and Garanti Bankası
- Acting for LBBW and KfW on the $120m financing of Karaburun Wind Farm Phase 2.
- Acting for ERG, as borrower and sponsor, on the €1.15bn financing of the Ankara-Niğde Motorway Project.
- Advised EBRD, Ziraat Bankası and Akbank on the $210m financing of the construction, development and operation of two gold mines in northwest Turkey.
Bezen & Partners stands out in the regulatory and transactional aspects of projects. Its areas of expertise include market entry deals, investments, finance transactions and privatisations. The firm advises foreign and domestic clients operating in the energy (including oil and gas, renewable energy and nuclear energy) and construction sectors. Yeşim Bezen, who is qualified in England and Wales, is recommended for her experience of structured finance and project finance transactions. Bezen co-heads the team with Can Özilhan, who made partner, and Banu Bölükemini.
‘High professionalism and exceptional involvement’.
‘Banu Bölükemini’s long-lasting help and work is a real cornerstone for our activities in Turkey’.
‘Can Özilhan is an experienced, capable and motivated individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills, responsible for undertaking complex legal matters, producing high quality services’.
‘Their professionalism and responsiveness are what makes them stand out’.
Akkuyu Nükleer A.Ş.
ADN PPP Sağlık Yatırım A.Ş.
Public Power Corporation S.A.
PNE AG / PNE Wind Yenilenebilir Enerjiler Ltd. Şti
İstanbul PPP Sağlık A.Ş.
- Advising Akkuyu NGS Elektrik Üretim A.Ş., Rusatom (REIN) on a wide range of regulatory issues relating to the implementation of the Akkuyu project (including real estate, nuclear related queries and corporate matters).
- Advised SUEZ Environment on the fee calculation mechanism of various municipalities for waste water and solid waste collection services.
- Assisting the Turkish subsidiaries of a German energy company with all project development queries, including filing and preparing pre-licence applications.
Goksu Safi Isik Attorney Partnership advises on the financing and management of large energy and infrastructure projects. Recent work included matters involving solar, natural gas and geothermal power plants. Ali Göksu and Gözde Akansel are key practitioners.
‘GSI is one of the best legal houses that are active in Turkish market and they have experiences with the tier one banks and reputable companies in Turkey’.
‘GSI consistently provides high quality service’.
‘Their punctuality, industry knowledge and to-the-point advice are just some of the reasons why we continue to work with GSI’.
‘Their professional conduct is highly standardised and in high quality in terms of response times, quality of format and reporting systems and the like’.
‘We always get quick, clear and qualified responses to our requests’.
‘Ali Göksu stands out as a brilliant legal advisor; his comprehensive understanding of commercial side of business enables him to take appropriate initiatives that helps us tackle the arising issues’.
‘GSI is the most consistently excellent firm we have worked with’.
‘Ali Göksu has deep legal and financial knowledge, he directs all project participants in a very favourable manner’.
‘Led by Ali Göksu, GSI team is very knowledgeable, professional and highly dedicated’.
Avrupa Motorway Investment and Management Co.
- Advised Avrupa Motorway Investment and Management Co. on the $1.6bn additional financing of the North Marmara Motorway.
- Advising GMK Tünel İnşaatı Adi Ortaklığı Ticari İşletmesi on the $175m Istanbul European Side Drinking Water Tunnel construction.
- Advising Automotive & Machinery Trading Center (AMTC) on the acquisition and financing of 16 solar power plants.
Paksoy provides comprehensive advice on issues arising at all stages of large infrastructure and other PPP projects. Led by practice head Zeynel Tunç, the team assists clients with the drafting and negotiation of project contracts, permits and authorisations, public/administrative law issues, litigation, tendering, zoning processes and complying with environmental law requirements. The team's projects experience spans areas such transport, infrastructure, energy, mining, commercial property, shopping malls, housing and healthcare. Clients include global and domestic lenders, sponsors, project companies, institutional investors, contractors and operators.
‘Very impressed with the team of lawyers led by Zeynel Tunc; they were very responsive and worked round the clock on a complex transaction and were available and gave practical and commercial advice’.
‘Their associates were a pleasure to work with and professionally dealt with many (unreasonable) demands’.
ING Bank N.V.
Lenders (STAR Refinery)
Eesti Energia AS
King & Wood Mallesons
- Advised Philips on public procurement issues in the context of government projects and their project financing.
- Advised ING Bank N.V. on project financing for the expansion of Çöpler Gold Mine Project in Turkey, operated by Anagold Madencilik, joint-venture company of Alacer Gold Corporation and Lidya Madencilik.
- Provided Suez with a legal opinion on a concession agreement relating to the establishment and operation of a waste management system tendered by Çanakkale – Lapseki – Umurbey – Kepez – Çardak Solid Waste Management Union.
Balcıoğlu Selçuk Ardıyok Keki's team undertakes a mix of transactions for clients, including those involving project finance, acquisition finance, trade finance and commercial real estate finance. The group is led by Barlas Balcioğlu, whose experience includes bilateral and syndicated lending, structured finance, asset finance and leasing. Clients include Turkish and international banks, and other financial institutions, as well as corporate borrowers.
Acwa Guc Elektrik Isletme ve Yonetim San. ve Tic. A.Ş.
Agence Francaise de Developpement
Bainbridge Holding A.Ş.
Crescent Capital Advisory Ltd.
ICBC Turkey Bank A.Ş.
ING Bank N.V.
Islamic Corporation for the Development of Private Sector
Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
Oddo BHF Aktiengesellschaft
Sberbank (Switzerland) AG
Standard Chartered Bank
Statkraft Enerji A.Ş.
Tofaş Türk Otomobil Fabrikası A.Ş.
Türkiye İş Bankası A.Ş.
Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş.
- Ongoing advice to Yapı ve Kredi Bankası on interbank lending and project finance transactions; a highlight involved assisting the client with financing solar power projects in Kayseri and Manisa.
Boden Law is adept at handling every stage of the projects lifecycle, with a focus on those connected with the energy, infrastructure and mining sectors. The scope of its work includes development, construction, operation, finance, commodity trade, regulation, acquisition and disposal. Solar and wind power plant projects are particular strengths for the group, which is jointly led by Değer Boden and associate Şeyma Olğun.
European Federation of Energy Traders
Axpo Trading AG and Axpo Turkey Enerji A.Ş
Talesun Solar Switzerland AG
Gildemeister Energy Solutions
Nordeka Maden A.Ş.
Naturelgaz Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi
EWE Turkey Holding A.Ş.
Entek Elektrik Üretimi A.Ş.
SFC Entegre Orman Ürünleri Sanayi Ticaret A.Ş.
Sanko Enerji San. Ve Tic. A.Ş.
APlus Enerji Yatırım Danışmanlık Teknoloji ve Ticaret Ltd. Şti.
Smartpulse Teknoloji A.Ş.
- Advising the German solar power generation company, Gildemeister on its solar power plant projects in Turkey, where it will carry out EPC works as the EPC Contractor.
- Advising Nordeka Maden A.Ş on its investment in a new crushing line and lime kiln plant.
- Advising Axpo Trading AG and Axpo Turkey Enerji A.Ş. on restructuring its energy trade activities.
Esin Attorney Partnership, Member of Baker & McKenzie International specialises in energy, mining and infrastructure projects. Its strong track record in this space has enabled it to build up a diverse client base, which includes international and domestic banks, and other financial institutions, as well as companies. Jointly led by Muhsin Keskin and Duygu Turgut, the team provides assistance with operational matters, government regulations, M&A, finance and privatisations. In the energy sphere, the group has expertise in renewables, conventional power, natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
SOCAR Turkey Petrol Enerji Dağıtım Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
SOCAR Turkey Enerji A.Ş.
ICA IC İÇTAŞ ASTALDI
Power Construction Corporation of China Ltd.
Zorlu Enerji Elektrik Üretim A.Ş
Shanghai Electric Corporation
Kastamonu Entegre Ağaç San.Tic. A.Ş.
- Advised BNP Paribas on a €50m sustainability-linked loan to Turkcell.
- Acted for SOCAR Turkey on its acquisition of EWE Turkey.
- Advised Landesbank Baden-Württemberg on a €14m term loan to Alibeyres Wind.
GKC Partners (in professional association with White & Case)
GKC Partners (in professional association with White & Case) has a specialist project development and finance practice, which stands out in sectors such as infrastructure, transport, defence and renewable energy. The team, which is jointly led by Güniz Gokce and Ateş Turnaoğlu, is active in a number of the most high-profile mandates in the market. Gokce is experienced in advising arrangers, lenders and multilateral financial institutions on infrastructure financing projects.
‘They have a large team consisting of experienced people; each team member starting from junior level to the most senior is very hardworking, committed and responsive’.
‘They have an English law qualified lawyer based in Istanbul, which makes them very competitive in costs and easily available for face to face negotiations’.
‘Their knowledge in certain sectors where most of the project finance transactions are signed is remarkable (i.e. energy, hospital PPPs, etc.)’.
‘Guniz Gokce is available 24/7 . Her grasp of lawyers’ understanding of the commercial matters is unique and outstanding’.
‘Guniz Gokce is one of the most experienced lawyers in the market; she is very sharp and has a holistic approach to matters’.
‘Ates Turnaoglu is extremely knowledgeable of applicable laws and regulations, follows legal updates very closely and has access to what is coming in the near future’.
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
T.C. Ziraat Bankası A.Ş.
ICBC Turkey Bank A.Ş. (ICBC)
Kalyon Türkerler Rüzgar Enerjisi A.Ş.
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Nederlandse Financierings Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO)
Mak-Yol Inşaat Sanayi Turizm ve Ticaret A.Ş.
SK Engineering and Korea Expressway Corporation
Sat & Company JSC
- Acting for T.C Ziraat Bankası A.Ş. on the provision of a €219.2m loan to be extended to the Republic of Serbia as borrower to finance (i) the construction of Kuzmin – Sremska Raca Highway and bridge over Sava River; and (ii) the construction of Novi Pazar – Tutin Highway.
- Acted for the consortium of IC ICTAS, Kalyon and Astaldi on the €288.5m financing of design, construction, completion, operation, maintenance and repair of the Menemen-Aliağa-Çandarlı motorway.
- Advised ICBC Turkey Bank A.Ş. on the provision of $15m finance to Tatlıpınar Enerji, a subsidiary of Ağaoğlu Group, for the construction of a wind power plant in Balıkesir.
Hergüner Bilgen Özeke advises on project finance and development in relation to PPPs, BOTs and build-lease-transfers (BLTs). Its work covers a wide variety of sectors, including healthcare, infrastructure, nuclear energy, oil and gas, mining and electricity. The practice covers projects in Turkey and further afield overseas, particularly the Balkans and West Africa; Aslı Budak is experienced in projects in Ivory Coast, Albania and South Africa. Ümit Hergüner, Senem Denktaş, Piraye Kuranel Başol and Yeşim Api Şamlı are other key figures in the group. Clients include international and domestic contractors, sponsors, financiers and governmental bodies.
‘Very dedicated and diligent team, highly experienced in large financings’.
‘Yeşim Api is very hands-on and dedicated to the matter’.
Black Sea Trade and Development Bank (BSTDB)
Deutsche Investitions – und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH (DEG)
Export Development Canada
Overseas Private Investment Corporation
SUNFARMING Eurasia Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
Avrasya Tüneli A.Ş. (Eurasian Tunnel a.k.a. “ATAŞ”)
İGA Havalimanı İşletmesi A.Ş.
Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) Pipeline Company
South Stream Transport B.V.
Otoyol Yatırım ve İşletme A.Ş.
Kocaeli Hastane Yatırım ve Sağlık Hizmetleri A.Ş.
Gaziantep Hastane Sağlık Hizmetleri İşletme Yatırım A.Ş.
- Advising South Stream Transport B.V. on offshore and onshore permitting and land acquisition issues.
- Advising Avrasya Tüneli İşletme İnşaat ve Yatırım A.Ş. (ATAŞ) on a $1.2bn road infrastructure project for a tunnel connecting Asia to Europe.
- Advising Sunfarming Eurasia Enerji Üretim A.Ş. on the $15.5m financing of its solar energy projects.
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING acts for foreign and Turkish public and private entities on a broad range of energy and project finance matters. Led by Levent Lezgin Kılınç, the group advises on licensing applications, joint ventures, litigation, competition, corporate issues and regulatory matters. Its experience includes projects in areas such as LNG, petrochemicals, oil and gas, mining and renewables. Duygu Doğan made partner.
‘Kilinc Law & Consulting is very good at cutting through thorny issues’.
‘Kılınç Law & Consulting is good at transaction management and at explaining difficult issues’.
‘They track the business very well and provide required legal support quickly’.
‘Levent Lezgin Kılınç has a great negotiating style under pressure, he is very pragmatic and very commercial’.
‘They come up with balanced and commercial points while working for the good of the project’.
‘The team has knowledge of the national and international markets and it provides constant updates’.
‘Levent Lezgin Kılınç is quick, incisive and brings commercial acumen and legal knowledge to bear on any problem’.
‘Kılınç Law & Consulting have expert lawyers and all the team are strategic and innovative’.
‘They are a very cohesive team and they’re all very proactive’.
State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic Turkey Enerji A.Ş.
Tanap Doğalgaz Iletim Anonim Şirketi
Pasha Development Limited Liability Company
Koç Kuleleri B Blok Yönetimi
Yu Group Gayrimenkul Yatirim Anonim Şirketi
Ekosmart Enerji Anonim Şirketi
Issac Engineering & Consulting Ltd.
Arz Gayrimenkul Ve Girişim Sermayesi PortföyYönetimi Anonim Şirketi
Mergen Enerji ve Servis Limited Şirketi
Doka Kalıp-İskele Sanayi Ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi
PD Turizm ve Gayrimenkul Anonim Şirketi
STAR Refinery A.Ş.
UBER Turkey Yazılım ve Teknoloji Hizmetleri Ltd. Şti.
NALCO Anadolu Kimya Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
BOR Şeker A.Ş.
Petkim Petrokimya Holding Anonim Şirketi
SOCAR Aliağa Liman İşletmeciliği Anonim Şirketi
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
Primetals Technologies France SAS
Türkiye Tarım Kredi Kooperatifleri
Elif Intro Anonim Şirketi
- Advising Tanap Doğalgaz Iletim Anonim Şirketi on the Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline Project (TANAP) Project. Recent work includes advising on agreements and protocols connected with the purchase of products and services, education services, leasing and project financing both during the establishment of the pipelines and the TANAP Project’s roll out, as well as providing services for regulatory adjustments that the client was subjected to.
- Advising State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic on the development and implementation of various oil and gas related projects in the territory of Turkey with an aggregate value of $19.5bn.
- Advised Star Refinery A.Ş. on regulatory matters both before and after the opening of the refinery, as well as licensing applications before Energy Market Regulatory Authority.
Akol Law's team marries finance expertise with knowledge about privatisations and project development, as well as regulatory issues and dispute resolution. On the finance side, the group is equally strong advising lenders and borrowers on club loans, Islamic finance, project finance, acquisition finance and asset finance. Ömer Gökhan Özmen and Güneş Yalçın, who both joined from YaziciLegal, co-head the group with Meltem Akol. Its work spans areas such as infrastructure, energy, utilities, construction, real estate and ports. Mithat Özgün Özok and Zeynep Yavuz departed for Özok Law Firm.
‘Akol Law is one of the best legal houses that are active in Turkish market and they have experiences with the tier one banks and reputable companies in Turkey’.
‘Akol prioritises clients’ requests and accommodates their schedules’.
‘Ömer Gökhan Özmen prioritises and gets involved in the tasks in person, concentrates on each detail and thoroughly analyses; he is business-minded and passionate about what he is doing’.
‘Ömer Gökhan Özmen is very well experienced in both project and structured finance and M&A deals’.
‘Their level of professionalism and service excellence are what makes them unique’.
‘They are able to come up with efficient and result-oriented solutions’.
‘They handled both the drafting and the negotiation phase very well’.
‘The team is very experienced and has a result-oriented mindset’.
‘In a very short time, they produced dual column facility agreement and security package and made the closing of the deal very smooth for our company and the lenders’.
Credit Europe Bank
Bank Saint Petersburg
Emlak Konut GYO
- Advised Türkiye İş Bankası and TSKB on the circa $45m financing of the Cıngıllı Solar Power Plant project with a licensed capacity of 36.4 MWe.
- Advising IC – İçtaş on the preparation of EPC agreements in connection with the $1.2bn expansion of the Tuz Gölü (Lake Tuz) Underground Natural Gas Storage.
- Advised DZ Bank on the provision of a €17.6m loan to Ekim Elektrik for the purchase of power plant equipment.
ASC Law Office is highly regarded for project finance work, as is evidenced by its experience of acting for clients on projects involving a sizeable number of industries, such renewable energy, nuclear power, oil and gas, telecoms and mining. Clients in this space include corporate borrowers, banks and other financial institutions. In addition, the firm assists clients with contentious matters arising from projects. The practice is jointly led by Okan Beygo, Levent Yetkil and Denel Balcı Kırali.
Akfen Holding A.Ş.
Akfen Yenilenebilir Enerji A.Ş.
AG Anadolu Grubu Holding A.Ş.
Anadolu Kafkasya Enerji Yatırımları A.Ş.
- Advised Akfen Holding A.Ş. and Akfen Yenilenebilir Enerji A.Ş. on a $260m project finance transaction.
- Assisted Akbank T.A.Ş. with the preparation of facility agreements, guarantees and all relevant documentation in connection with the establishment of a biomass power plant.
- Advised Akfen Holding A.Ş. and Akfen Yenilenebilir Enerji A.Ş. on a $103m project finance transaction.
DURUKAN+PARTNERS' strengths in project finance transactions are complemented by its high level of expertise in project development, operational matters, public procurement and regulatory issues. The team, which is led by Begüm Durukan Özaydin, is noted for its focus on the energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors.
Emaar Properties PJSC
Sephora Kozmetik A.S.
- Advised Emaar, as borrower, on the amendment and extension of a $180m loan from HSBC Bank.
- Advised Emaar Properties PJSC, as borrower, on the amendment and restatement of $200m loan facility Standard Chartered Bank.
Erdem & Erdem Consultancy Ltd's sector expertise includes renewable energy, heavy industries, infrastructure, construction, airports and seaports. Its varied portfolio of finance work includes project finance and Islamic finance transactions, as well as those involving syndicated credit facilities. Elsewhere, the team assists clients with the drafting and negotiation power and gas supply contracts and privatisations, among other matters. Clients include domestic and international credit providers, sponsors, joint venture partners and contractors. Ercüment Erdem jointly leads the team with Ozgur Kocabasoglu.
‘They know how to deal with problematic situations’.
Aktor Arbiogoz JV
Türkiye Şişe ve Cam Fabrikaları A.Ş.
Paşabahçe Mağazaları A.Ş.
Ergün Avukatlik Bürosu
Ergün Avukatlik Bürosu is renowned for its expertise in the healthcare, energy and transportation sectors. Areas of focus include project finance, PPPs, BOTs, loans, bonds, privatisations and arbitration. Team head Çağdaş Evrim Ergün is on the board of directors of the PPP Committee of the Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey (DEIK) and also the PPP Investment and Management Association.
Islamic Development Bank
Standard Chartered Bank
- Acting for K-Exim, K-Sure, Islamic Development Bank on the $1.2bn financing of 1000 MW Solar Power Renewable Energy Resource Area (YEKA).
- Acting for JP Morgan on the $1.1bn financing of 1000 MW Wind Power Renewable Energy Resource Area (YEKA).
- Advised Intertoll Europe in the operation and maintenance negotiations relating to the $80m Canakkale Bridge PPP Project.
Kesikli Law Firm has a longstanding track record in energy, infrastructure and construction projects in Turkey and in multiple jurisdictions overseas. Its team is sought out for its expertise in project finance, regulatory matters, dispute resolution, joint ventures, shareholders agreements, consortium agreements and strategic alliances. In the energy sphere, the group advises on the development, construction and operation of power plant projects, among other facilities. Clients include project developers, energy companies, operation and maintenance (O&M) contractors, EPC contractors and engineers. Ömer Kesikli, who delivers lectures on energy law and EPC projects law at Ozyegin University, leads the team.
‘The partners have a strong knowledge of the law as well as good communication and negotiation skills’.
‘Kesikli deserves high respect due to its high degree of professionalism, expertise, and quality of services in this area’.
‘The leader of the team, Omer, is always accessible, responsive and helpful’.
‘Kesikli has such a balanced approach and well equipped team managing and allocating the respective risks of the project successfully whilst finding solutions to satisfy all the parties involved’.
‘Omer is exceptionally great; he consistently shows great skill and know-how with a friendly approach that is solution-oriented, commercially minded and practical’.
‘Very accurate and professional service, dedicated team, knowledgeable and committed lawyers, valuable sector knowledge’.
‘Omer Kesikli is well qualified and experienced in renewables and fossil fuel powered power projects’.
STEAG Energy Services GmbH
KS Energy Africa
Pales Engineering Investments
Tek Yapı Insaat ve Ticaret A.S
- Advising Aggreko on energy regulatory matters and contracts.
- Advised German energy group STEAG on the Turkish law aspects of the acquisition of GILDEMEISTER energy solutions.
- Advised KS Energy Africa on conclusion of its EPC and O&M contracts for a 141MW brownfield gas-fired power plant (ABA IPP Project).
Pekin & Pekin handles project finance, acquisition finance, project development, privatisations and disputes. It also advises on energy sector acquisitions, commercial contracts and regulatory and compliance issues. The firm advises borrowers, lenders and corporates in the oil and gas, mining and minerals, electricity and energy sectors. Ahmed Pekin, Eda Beltan and Fethi Pekin are the co-heads of the practice.
Morgan Stanley & Co. International PLC
Goldman Sachs International Bank
Standard Chartered Bank PLC
Standard Chartered Yatırım Bankası Türk A.Ş.
TOCC Attorney Partnership
TOCC Attorney Partnership's group advises clients on project finance, corporate matters, M&A and tax. It is also knowledgeable about PPP projects, EPC contracts, competition and restructuring. Mustafa Yiğit Örnek, who is New York and Turkish law-qualified, jointly heads up the practice with Tolga Çabakli.
‘As a team, they are always very current and up-to-date with all new legislation, legal precedents and have a very thorough approach when asked for legal advice and handling’.
‘Team members complement each other with their individual areas of expertise and also reinforce each other’s legal opinion and directions, so as a client we always feel that the process is continuous and very well followed up’.
‘Strong language skills of Mustafa Yiğit Örnek in French and English makes communication in our global company very easy with regards to all legal affairs’.
‘The long standing relationship means that all parties can work in sync and even act proactively in most cases, thereby reaching quicker solutions’.
Yapi Ve Kredi Bankasi
Hitachi Europe Limited
TANAP (a natural gas transmission company)
China Road and Bridge Corporation
Torkut (a leading Turkish corrugated board box manufacturer (ranks at ISO Top 500 Industrial Enterprises)
Mitsui O.S.K Lines Ltd.
Yurtpark Yurt (construction and development company for universities and dormitories)
EKOKAT (Construction Chemicals and Mining) (a Çullas group company)
Erkiz Mühendislik (Erkiz Engineering and Construction) (a Şölen group company)
KUBOTA Turkey Makine Ticaret Ltd. Şti.
- Advising Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline Project (TANAP) company on project financing matters relating to shareholder financings.
- Advised Erkiz Mühendislik İns. San ve Tic. A.Ş on a $50.5m engineering contract in relation to the Abu Aboud Stadium project.
- Advising China Road and Bridge Corporation on banking and finance issues in connection with potential infrastructure projects.
Yazici Attorney Partnership provides a full service to clients on by drawing upon the strengths of its corporate, energy, construction and dispute resolution practices. On the finance side, it advises on the financing of airports, seaports, natural gas pipelines, gas fields, mines, power plants and privatisation projects. Managing partner Bilge Müftüoğlu, who has over 20 years of experience, works with newly-promoted partners Ayşe Yazıcı Adanır and Kerem Arıç.
‘Yazici have a good spread of experience and a deep bench of top lawyers in the projects space, particularly around oil & gas, energy, infrastructure and mining’.
‘They have a strong expertise in construction contracts which is invaluable in assessing the bankability of project documents’.
‘Yazici lawyers are a pleasure to deal with’.
‘Murat Yazici, Bilge Muftuoglu, Nihal Atli, Kerim Aric and Ayse Yazici Adanir are all top class practitioners; highly knowledgeable, firmly commercial, pragmatic and genuinely nice people’.
BNP Paribas SA
Société Générale (London Branch)
AGE Enerji A.Ş.
BTA Havalimanları Yiyecek ve İçecek Hizmetleri A.Ş.
AGB Enerji Yatırımları İnşaat Sanayi A.Ş.
- Advising AGB Enerji Yatırımları İnşaat Sanayi A.Ş. on an investment in a hydroelectric power plant in northeast Turkey.
- Advising a banking consortium led by BNP Paribas SA on Turkish law issues relating to a $120m senior secured project finance facility to finance the construction and development of the Gökırmak Copper Project in Turkey.
- Advising BTA Havalimanları Yiyecek ve İçecek Hizmetleri A.Ş. on a lease agreement to be signed with Aeroport de Paris and franchise agreements for operation of the food and beverage areas in Paris Orly International Airport.
CIFTCI Law Firm captures a significant share of the market for particularly complex and high-profile project finance transactions in Turkey. The team has featured in a number of landmark deals. Its finance expertise has been evidenced in transactions connected with sectors such as healthcare, infrastructure and energy, among others. Clients include Turkish banks and international financial institutions, export credit agencies and sponsors. Mete Yegin left the firm in 2020.
EIB (European Investment Bank)
- Advised the lenders in respect of the €1.1 bn financing of the design, construction, operation, maintenance and repair of Ankara- Niğde Motorway procured by the General Directorate of Highways of Turkey under the build-operate-transfer model.
- Acted as the Turkish legal counsel to the lenders on the privatisation of the Menzelet and Kılavuzlu hydropower plants.
- Acted for EBRD, İş Bankası and TSKB on an acquisition financing facility extended to Turkuaz Petrol, an affiliate of Zülfikarlar Holding regarding privatisation of TP Petrol Dağıtım, the Turkish petroleum distribution company, and in respect of a working capital facility extended to TP Petrol Dağıtım.