An established firm in the projects sphere in Turkey, Bezen & Partners has deep regulatory and transactional expertise, which is put to use when advising investors, developers and lenders on a wide range of power and infrastructure projects, as well as when assisting with licensing and regulatory matters. Headed by Yeşim Bezen, Banu Bölükemini, Aykut Bakırcı and Murat Soylu, the practice also advises on the development and financing of wind, solar, hydropower and waste-to-energy plant projects, as well as handling rail, road and health infrastructure deals. Recent work highlights include advising a subsidiary of Rusatom on the $22bn Akkuyu nuclear power plant project.
Firms in the Spotlight Project finance/projects
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING
Kılınç Law & Consulting, provides legal services in domestic and international areas to nationally and worldly renowned clients operating in multiple sectors. On the field of Project Finance; Kılınç Law & Consulting advises a range of high-profile international entities with operations in Turkey with an experienced team on providing project finance and project advice to …View Profile...
Gedik & Eraksoy
Project finance/projects Our partners Hakki Gedik and Gökhan Eraksoy established Gedik & Eraksoy in November 2012. For almost a decade, Hakki and Gökhan had been equity partners at a leading local law firm, where they had set up and led a distinct practice group.View Profile...
Bezen & Partners
Bezen & Partners is one of most prominent independent law firms in Turkey with a renowned projects practice. Headed by Senior Partner Yeşim Bezen, the firm’s projects team offers clients with a unique blend of first-rate local expertise and an extensive knowledge of the international project finance space.View Profile...
Project finance/projects in Turkey
Bezen & Partners
Yeşim Bezen; Banu Bölükemini; Aykut Bakırcı; Murat Soylu
Akkuyu NGS Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.
STEAG GmbH and its subsidiaries
PNE AG and its subsidiaries
Public Power Corporation S.A.
Akfen Holding and its subsidiaries
ADN PPP Sağlık Yatırım A.Ş.
İstanbul PPP Sağlık A.Ş.
YZG PPP Sağlık Yatırım A.Ş.
Elazığ PPP Yatırım A.Ş.
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on granting a loan to Ankara Electricity, Gas and Bus Operations to finance the procurement of compressed natural gas (CNG) buses and the installation of a CNG filling station, secured by way of a guarantee granted by the Ankara Metropolitan Municipality.
- Advising Rönesans Holding and Meridiam JV with regards to the amendment of the project agreement executed with the Ministry of Health for seven new hospitals with a total investment amount of TL1.5bn, implemented under the PPP scheme.
- Advising SUEZ Environment on financial and regulatory matters relating to its solid waste management facility project in Çanakkale.
CIFTCI Attorney Partnership in association with Clifford Chance
CIFTCI Attorney Partnership in association with Clifford Chance is described by clients as one of the ‘leading law firms in project finance in Turkey’, and is well known for its activity in this field, mainly in the infrastructure, energy and healthcare sectors. The practice is led by Sait Eryilmaz, a ‘real problem solver’ with a particular expertise in PPP and green and sustainable finance, and has a good track record of handling large-scale transportation project financings, project development and PPP projects. Senior associate Gökçe Uzun is another key asset of the practice.
Other key lawyers:
‘CIFTCI Attorney Partnership is one of the leading law firms in project finance in Turkey. They are preferred both by lenders and sponsors.’
‘Sait Eryılmaz is our main contact. Besides his deep legal knowledge and expertise, he also has a very decent personality. He is a real problem solver, offering the best possible solutions in deadlocked cases. I can also say that Sait’s counsel and guidance is outstanding at all times – professional, client focused, prompt and timely. He is always available for calls and meetings when requested, and works through all of the issues and documents on the projects.’
Türkiye Wealth Fund
CVC Capital Partners
Green for Growth Fund & European Fund for Southeast Europe
Bank of China
- Advising FMO on an $82.5m syndicated facility made available to Tiryaki Agro for the financing of its agriculture project.
- Advising FMO and Proparco on a senior secured syndicated term facility of up to €80m made available to Kılıç Deniz.
Goksu Safi Isik Attorney Partnership
Goksu Safi Isik Attorney Partnership is renowned for its active role in large public infrastructure projects in sectors including energy, construction, defence and aviation. With Fatma Gozde Kardes, who ‘stands out for project finance’ and is recommended for her ‘perfect negotiation and organisation skills’, and Ali Sefa Turkmen at the helm, the team is currently advising IGA on the refinancing of 75% of the new Istanbul Airport project.
Ali Sefa Turkmen; Fatma Gozde Kardes
‘Fatma Gozde Kardes has perfect negotiation and organisation skills and her meticulous approach delivers perfect results.’
‘Professional quality and experience, use of technology, and full availability and close collaboration. These are the qualities that in my opinion make GSI exceptional.’
‘Fatma Gozde Kardes stands out for project finance. I have worked with her on various projects and she excelled in all of them. She is well versed in all aspects of project finance, with great experience. She stands out for her high degree of professional integrity and is hardworking.’
Kalyon Güneş Enerjisi Üretim Anonim Şirketi
Yıldırım Energy Holding
ELYAF SASA POLYESTER
Cengiz İnşaat San. ve Tic. A.Ş.
Kolin İnşaat Turizm San. ve Tic. A.Ş.
Enerco Enerji Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi
- Advised IGA on the refinancing of 75% of the new Istanbul Airport project.
- Advised Sasa Polyester on issuing and exporting the first-ever Turkish convertible bond to finance a petrochemical project in Adana.
- Advised Kalyon Group on the EPC contract for a high-speed train railway project between Bursa and Osmaneli.
Hergüner Bilgen Üçer Attorney Partnership
Well-known firm Hergüner Bilgen Üçer Attorney Partnership has an impressive track record of advising major contractors, sponsors, financiers and governmental bodies on infrastructure projects. The practice, which has particularly extensive experience in projects under the PPP model, as well as energy and port infrastructure projects, comprises a strong group of practitioners, including Ümit Hergüner, skilled litigator Nazım O. Kurt, PPP expert Senem Denktaş, Piraye Kuranel Başol, Serkan Gül and Deniz Tuncel, who especialises in energy. Domestic and international names, such as South Stream Transport, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the International Finance Corporation, the European Investment Bank and Yapı Kredi, are included in the department's roster of clients.
Ümit Hergüner; Senem Denktaş; Serkan Gül; Piraye Kuranel Başol; Nazım O. Kurt; Deniz Tuncel
South Stream Transport B.V.
Tümad Madencilik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş
Export Development Canada
U.S. International Development Finance Corporation
Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Borusan EnBW Enerji Yatırımları ve Üretim A.Ş.
DP World Yarımca Liman İşletmeleri A.Ş. (Dubai Port)
German Consulate Istanbul
- Advised the lenders (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the International Finance Corporation, the Black Sea Trade and Development Bank and Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft) on a number of healthcare PPP projects.
- Assisted Yapı Kredi with the project financing for a large hydropower generation plant in Turkey.
- Advised South Stream Transport on the project development of a major cross-border natural gas pipeline.
Çakmak Attorney Partnership
A ‘dedicated, responsive and hardworking’ group of experts makes up the practice at Çakmak Attorney Partnership, which has a well-deserved reputation, particularly in the energy sector, for handling development, financing and refinancing mandates in a wide range of areas, including in relation to renewable and thermal power plants and healthcare, railroad and motorway projects. In particular, the department remains an optimal choice for hospital PPP projects. The department is captained by Mesut Çakmak, Zeynep Çakmak and Mustafa Durakoğlu. Ayşe Eda Biçer Özen, who was promoted to partner in 2021, brings additional expertise in energy and infrastructure projects to the team.
Mesut Çakmak; Zeynep Çakmak; Mustafa Durakoğlu
Other key lawyers:
Ayşe Eda Biçer Özen
‘The team is capable of providing comprehensive legal assistance, including with project development and international transactions. The team is able to provide support during very hectic projects and to tight deadlines. The quality of the documentation is excellent.’
‘The team members are very accessible and experienced in a wide range of different areas of law, which is a comfort for the client as it enables them to avoid working with several outsourced legal service providers.’
‘The team is very dedicated, responsive and hardworking. Çakmak’s expertise and good knowledge in this field make them stand out.’
‘Mustafa Durakoğlu is very experienced in this field and easy to reach whenever needed.’
‘The team know the industry and sector very well. They are always available. The partners are experienced.’
‘Mesut Çakmak and Mustafa Durakoğlu are very helpful, have a high level of expertise, and are responsive.’
‘Working with the team is quite satisfying; they are always looking out for ways to meet clients’ requests that haven’t been discussed at the table, or to avoid any pinch points, so that at the end of the day you are given additional options, as well as advice on the main subject. When the work starts, you are sure that you will receive well-studied and rounded advice.’
‘We would like to thank Mustafa Durakoğlu for all his wonderful contributions. The team were really helpful and their involvement meant there was a vast improvement in completing work efficiently.’
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
National Bank of Kuwait and Kuwait Finance House
Bayerische Landesbank (BayernLB)
Ceska Exportni Banka
Turkey Wealth Fund
Gama Holding and Türkerler
International Finance Corporation
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
Siemens Bank GmbH
Banca IMI S.p.A.
- Advising Landesbank Baden-Württemberg and KfW Ipex-Bank in connection with the Euler Hermes covered financing of the 132MW phase II expansion of the Karaburun wind farm project.
- Advising a joint venture between Rönesans and Sonatrach, the Algerian state-owned oil and gas company, in connection with the financing, development, construction and operation of a propane dehydrogenation and polypropylene production facility.
- Advising ERG Group in connection with the financing, construction, operation and maintenance of the Ankara-Niğde motorway project.
Akol Law has particular expertise in project and acquisition finance transactions as well as secured and unsecured loan transactions, representing both lenders and borrowers. The team has also earned a solid reputation for advising on healthcare PPP, infrastructure, energy, utilities and other significant construction projects in Turkey. Ömer Gökhan Özmen, Güneş Yalçın and Damla Keskin Şerbetcioğlu have moved to ÖzmenYalçin.
Palmet Enerji A.Ş.
ASC Law Office
ASC Law Office has established a strong presence within the projects area and has a good track record of advising on investment deals for large infrastructure and construction projects, assisting both domestic and foreign investors. Okan Beygo, who has valuable expertise in derivatives, project finance and restructuring, as well as in the energy sector, co-heads the practice together with Ela Sarı and Levent Yetkil, who brings additional expertise in the oil and gas sector to the team. The practice is currently advising two subsidiaries of Bendis Holding on the financing of the Tarsus underground natural gas storage facility in south-central Turkey.
Okan Beygo; Levent Yetkil; Ela Sarı
Gaz Depo ve Madencilik
Toren Doğalgaz Depolama ve Madencilik
Türkiye’nin Otomobili Girişim Grubu San. ve Tic. A.Ş.
3S Kale Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
Universal Wind Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.
Canadian Solar Construction S.r.l.
CTC Enerji Madencilik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
Göcek Tüneli İnşaat ve Tahhüt A.Ş.
AND Kartal Gayrimenkul Yatırımları A.Ş.
- Advising a Turkish bank regarding a high-value loan facility to be used as part of the financing of the construction and operation of the Çukurova Regional Airport.
- Advising the lenders, and other would-be lenders, on the establishment of a high-value loan facility to be used for the construction of the Bandırma-Osmaneli high-speed railway project.
- Advising two subsidiaries of Bendis Holding regarding the construction, operation and financing of the Tarsus underground natural gas storage facility in south-central Turkey.
Balcioglu Selçuk Ardiyok Keki
With wide-ranging expertise in the energy, real estate, hospitality and leisure, construction and infrastructure sectors, Balcioglu Selçuk Ardiyok Keki's practice advises multinational and domestic banks on project and acquisition finance and bilateral and syndicated lending. Barlas Balcıoğlu, who is highly skilled in acquisition finance, heads the department, closely supported by the ‘very professional and competent’ Günhan Yalçın and senior associate Ceyda Aydın. The team was further strengthened by the addition of Burcu Boso, who joined from YBK Law Firm in Cooperation with CMS in January 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Ceyda Aydın; Günhan Yalcin; Burcu Boso
‘In my experience, BASEAK’s team are experts in Turkish banking law. They are very experienced in international financing.’
‘Günhan Yalcin is very professional and competent, always looking for solutions to support us as a client. He works quickly, and is precise and reliable.’
Esin Attorney Partnership, a Member Firm of Baker McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein
Esin Attorney Partnership, a Member Firm of Baker McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein advises local and multinational companies with a special focus on the development of projects in the energy, mining and infrastructure (EMI) sectors. Headed by senior associate Nigar Gökmen, the practice covers matters related to project operations, governmental regulations, M&A and financing involving Turkish cross-border and domestic EMI projects. In particular, the team has a good track record of assisting investors with PPP projects. Banking expert Muhsin Keskin and transactional specialist Duygu Turgut bring additional experience to the practice.
Other key lawyers:
Muhsin Keskin; Duygu Turgut
‘Fully integrated and team-based way of working.’
‘They have a client-oriented approach and in-depth expertise. Nigar Gökmen offers effective solutions for clients.’
‘Esin Attorney Partnership is very experienced in financial loan agreements in Turkey and in other countries where we have operations, and has relations with other countries such as Russia and Germany. They have a problem-solving approach and they are very quick to answer our questions.’
‘Reliable partners. They deliver a very high-quality legal service. Transparent, helpful and flexible according to the client’s needs.’
OYAK (Turkish Military Pension Fund)
Erdemir (Ereğli Demir Celik Fabrikalari T.A.Ş.)
STFA Holding and Partners Group
Agence Française de Dévéloppement (AFD)
Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- Advised Agence française de développement in relation to a €49.8m term loan facility guaranteed by the Izmir Metropolitan Municipality and provided to İzsu (Izmir Municipality Water and Sewage Treatment Administration).
- Advised the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank in relation to a €100m term loan facility provided to the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality.
- Advised Japan Bank for International Cooperation in relation to a $170m green untied loan facility provided to Türkiye Kalkınma ve Yatırım Bankası.
GKC Partners (in professional association with White & Case)
GKC Partners (in professional association with White & Case) has ‘tremendous knowledge of banking and finance regulation’ and garners praise from clients for offering ‘sound, diligent, well-structured and business-oriented solutions’. The team advises both foreign and domestic clients on project finance, particularly in the energy, infrastructure and transportation sectors. Seasoned finance expert Güniz Gökçe and Ateş Turnaoğlu, who has a wealth of experience in the project finance space, especially in the energy and infrastructure sectors, co-head the department.
Güniz Gökçe; Ateş Turnaoğlu
‘They have tremendous knowledge of banking and finance regulation. They have acted on both sides over many different projects, which means they can bring multiple perspectives to our discussions.’
‘Ateş Turnaoğlu was always available. He represented our company perfectly.’
‘The team has extensive knowledge in this field of law and always delivers sound, diligent, well-structured and business-oriented solutions in the most complex situations.’
‘Ateş Turnaoğlu has first-class legal knowledge and an excellent understanding of business. He is always reachable and a pleasure to work with.’
‘The team is very diligent and hands-on, and knows what to do without complicating things. They possess strong experience and crucial know-how in the area. In addition, we are very happy with the availability of the team.’
‘Ateş Turnaoğlu has strong expertise in this area.’
Halk Banka AD Skopje
Yapı Kredi Bank Nederland NV
Halkbank AD Beograd,
Demir-Halk Bank (Nederland) N.V.
T. Vakıflar Bankası T.A.O.
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
QNB Finansbank A.Ş.
Türkiye Garanti Bankası A.Ş.
T.C. Ziraat Bankası A.Ş.
- Advised a consortium of lenders (consisting of Halk Banka AD Skopje, Yapı Kredi Bank Nederland NV, Halkbank AD Beograd, Demir-Halk Bank (Nederland) N.V. and ICBC Turkey) on the €105.5m financing of Diamond Skopje.
- Advising the lenders (Ziraat Bankası, Garanti BBVA, DenizBank, Halkbank, Vakıfbank and QNB Finansbank A.Ş.) with regard to the refinancing of the existing €6bn financing of Istanbul’s third airport.
- Advised Vakıfbank in connection with the amendment of the repayment schedule of the existing financing for Prishtina International Airport, operated by Limak on a PPP basis.
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING fields a ‘highly proficient team’ with a ‘strong track record in M&A and project finance transactions’, which is a preferred choice for a number of domestic entities, including venture capital investment funds and energy companies, and foreign investors. The practice packs a particular punch in the energy sector, and is co-headed by Levent Lezgin Kılınç, a former in-house counsel at Socar who has ‘great problem-solving skills’, and Seray Özsoy, who is highly experienced in financing work.
Levent Lezgin Kılınç; Seray Özsoy
‘The team at Kılınç Law & Consulting take a strategic approach to problem solving that gets the deal done while maintaining key protection for their client.’
‘Levent Lezgin Kılınç stands out from other lawyers in the industry for his great problem-solving skills and is a pleasure to work with.’
‘They have a strong track record in M&A and project finance transactions. It is a highly proficient team and they provide great advice on every transaction. Levent Lezgin Kılınç has exceptional leadership skills.’
‘The team are exceptional at asset transactions. They work very well in a multi-disciplinary environment. It is a strong team of partners and senior lawyers, complemented by good associates with industry experience.’
‘Levent Lezgin Kılınç has unique leadership skills. In addition to his deep knowledge of the transaction, he makes a very constructive contribution to every deal he gets involved in.’
SOCAR Turkey Company Group
Tanap Doğalgaz Iletim Anonim Şirketi
Bor Şeker Anonim Şirketi
Kızılay Gayrimenkul ve Girişim Sermayesi Portföy Yönetimi A.Ş.
- Advised SOCAR Turkey LNG Satış Anonim Şirketi on the TRY55m sale of its shares to Naturelgaz Sanayi Ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi.
- Advised a joint venture formed by a venture capital fund and an energy company on the $17.5m buyout of a licensed electricity producer.
- Advised a construction and hotel management company on the financing for a $150m hotel in the Aegean Region.
Kolcuoglu Demirkan Koçakli
Kolcuoglu Demirkan Koçakli is recommended for its skill in handling all aspects of infrastructure projects, including contracts, deal structuring, and regulatory and administrative law matters, and has solid knowledge and experience in PPP projects, mainly related to infrastructure, construction and energy. The practice is co-headed by Umut Kolcuoğlu and Okan Demirkan, and is also know for its financing work, advising lenders and borrowers regarding project finance, Islamic finance transactions, bilateral financings of acquisitions, as well as real estate and greenfield projects.
Umut Kolcuoğlu; Okan Demirkan
Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH (DEG)
Barwa Bank PQSC
DM Yatırım İnşaat
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Advising Alsim Alarko on the Kabatas-Mecidiyekoy-Mahmutbey metro line project.
- Advised the Turkish subsidiary of Huntsman Corporation in connection with the reconstruction of its production facility in Tuzla, Istanbul.
- Advised Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH regarding its provision, alongside Société de Promotion et de Participation pour la Coopération Economique, of a multimillion-euro loan to Limak Afrika in connection with Limak Group’s investment in Côte d’Ivoire.
Paksoy houses a ‘well-trained and experienced team with a very good sector knowledge’. The team is led by ‘outstanding partner’ Sera Somay, whose practice encompasses a wide range of financing transactions. The team, which also includes senior associate Beril Paksoy, is well known for advising lenders, sponsors, institutional investors, contractors and operators in the power, oil and gas, infrastructure and healthcare sectors. It also has a good track record of advising on PPPs, assisting clients in relation to major public assets and infrastructure projects.
Other key lawyers:
‘A well-trained and experienced team with a very good sector knowledge’
‘Sera Somay and her team are really great.’
‘The team at Paksoy is extremely reliable and supportive and it always delivers exceptional quality within the relevant deadlines at a reasonable and competitive price. All the team members fully understand the client’s needs, and having them on board guarantees the best possible service for clients.’
‘Sera Somay is an outstanding partner. She is supported by a group of excellent associates, including Beril Paksoy, who is highly motivated and always responsive, and not only guides us through all the legal issues, but also fully understands the needs and requirements of international businesses. Working with this excellent team guarantees the success of all relevant matters.’
Renowned for being ‘very experienced in the energy sector in Turkey’, Boden Law advises international and domestic clients on project development and finance transactions, mainly in the areas of power, oil and gas, ports, metals and mining, and general infrastructure. The practice is headed by Değer Boden, who has significant expertise in energy, infrastructure and arbitration matters. İnanç Akalın is another name to note.
Değer Boden; İnanç Akalın
‘Very experienced in the energy sector in Turkey. Super network inside Turkey and with energy associations in Europe.’
‘Fast reaction times and a high level of experience.’
Talesun Solar Switzerland AG
Gildemeister Energy Solutions
- Advised a European energy trader on fuel purchase financing transactions and the security packages on floating fuel to be stored in two different storage facilities in Turkey, for $225m and $80m respectively.
- Advised a Chinese solar panel manufacturer with respect to its exit from a solar power investment in Turkey.
- Advising a Turkish client on its EPC contract and financing regarding a natural gas-fired power plant in Uzbekistan.
Begum Durukan Ozaydin, renowned as an expert in banking and finance, projects and energy, and corporate and M&A matters, heads the practice at DURUKAN+PARTNERS, which regularly advises clients from a variety of sectors on project development, project finance, operational issues, public procurement and regulatory matters. Recent work highlights include advising the developer on the refinancing of the Emaar Square project.
Begum Durukan Ozaydin
Emaar Properties PJSC
Power Engineers Inc
Enka Power Projects
- Advised Emaar Properties, as borrower, in connection with the $500m project finance facility for the Emaar Square project.
- Advised Power Engineers Inc in connection with the settlement of a payment issue with Zorlu, as the developer of the project.
- Advised Enka on its Adapazarı, Gebze and İzmir gas-fired power projects, with a total generation capacity of 3,840MW, on legal issues regarding operation of the plants.
Erdem & Erdem Law Office
Erdem & Erdem Law Office has a solid track record of advising local and global clients, acting as sponsors, developers, lenders, equity investors and multilateral agencies, on private power and infrastructure projects, including airport and port operations and power generation plants, under build-operate-transfer models. Headed by Ercüment Erdem and Özgür Kocabaşoğlu, the practice is particularly strong in the energy, transportation and healthcare sectors, and is developing notable capabilities in Islamic financing.
Ercüment Erdem; Özgür Kocabaşoğlu
Şişecam Elyaf Sanayii A.Ş.
Türkiye Şişe ve Cam Fabrikaları A.Ş.
Soda Sanayii A.Ş.
Deutsche Bank A.Ş.
Türkiye İş Bankası A.Ş.
QNB Finansbank A.Ş.
HSBC Bank A.Ş.
Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş.
Çolakoğlu Metalurji A.Ş.
Qazaq Soda LLP
Yıldırım Holding A.Ş.
- Advised Deutsche Bank A.Ş. on several matters, including financial transactions and loan agreements.
- Advising consortium partners Yılport Holding and Çolakoğlu Metalurji on the tender phase as well as the drafting of the consortium agreement and EPC contract for an access road construction project.
- Advising on Türkiye İş Bankası A.Ş. on several matters, including financial transactions and loan agreements.
Ergün Avukatlik Bürosu
Çağdaş Evrim Ergün and Burcu Baltacıoğlu co-head Ergün Avukatlik Bürosu‘s projects department, which has garnered a solid reputation for handling PPPs, energy and infrastructure projects, project finance, and privatisation and international arbitration matters in this space. The practice regularly advises both sponsors and lenders on the development and financing of projects in the energy, transportation and health sectors.
Çağdaş Evrim Ergün; Burcu Baltacıoğlu
Türkiye İş Bankası A.Ş.
Fernas Insaat A.S.
Rönesans Holding A.S.
Güriş Inşaat ve Mühendislik Anonim Şirketi
Güriş Holding Anonim Sirketi
Turkiye Kalkinma ve Yatirim Bankasi Anonim Sirketi
Economic Cooperation Organization Trade and Development Bank
Ziraat Katılım Bankası A.Ş.
Türkiye Garanti Bankası A.Ş.
- Advised Fernas Inşaat (as sponsor) on the financing of the Aydın Denizli motorway project, with a BOT model.
- Advised RNS PPP Altyapi Ticaret A.S. and Meridiam SAS (as sponsors) on the financing of the Nakkaş-Başakşehir motorway project, with a BOT model.
- Advised Güriş Inşaat ve Mühendislik Anonim Şirketi and Güriş Holding Anonim Şirketi (as sponsors) and Dumlupınar Sağlık Hizmetleri Anonim Şirketi (as borrower) on the financing of a healthcare PPP model project being constructed in Kütahya.
Güner Law Office
Güner Law Office advises domestic and international banks and institutional lenders regarding the financing of the construction, development and operation of energy, mining and infrastructure projects in and outside Turkey. Transactional and finance specialist Ömer Erdoğan heads the practice, which is also adept at handling the international financing of greenfield and brownfield projects.
Öksüt Madencilik Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.Ş.
Centerra Luxembourg Holdings S.À R.L.
Centerra Exploration B.V.
Limak Afrika S.A.
Cheniere Marketing, Ltd
Egis Tünel İşletmeciliği A.Ş.
- Advising Fiba Holding and Fina Holding (as guarantors) and its subsidiary (as borrower) on the refinancing and post-refinancing of Swissotel The Bosphorus.
- Advising Centerra Luxembourg Holdings S.À R.L. and Centerra Exploration B.V. on the closure of a project finance loan facility.
- Advised Denizbank A.Ş. in relation to amendments to the existing finance documents with respect to the financing of the construction and operation of a high-speed train terminal in Ankara.
Kesikli Law Firm
The ‘exceptional’ Omer Kesikli, who is highlighted for his strength in energy and construction projects, heads the practice at Kesikli Law Firm, which is also skilled in handling contentious matters arising out of the associated project contracts. The team covers everything from the development through to the construction and operation of power plant projects and energy facilities, and is praised for its ‘unique approach, negotiation skills and out-of-the-box thinking’.
‘Having a skillset like that of Kesikli Law Firm behind us made us stronger during the negotiation, procurement and conflict management with contractors and architecture firms.’
‘Omer Kesikli has incredible contract management skills, which eases the process from start to finish. Without his contribution we would not have completed our deal.’
‘Omer Kesikli is a true deal-maker. He seeks out many options to find a mutually acceptable solution. He has great stamina and never-ending energy. He never gives up until the deal is concluded.’
‘There is a very sensitive balance between the bank’s requirements, project stakeholders’ interests, the contractor’s interests, and the insurance and tax aspects of a project. Kesikli Law Firm has such a balanced approach and the team is well equipped to manage the risks of the project successfully while finding solutions that will be satisfactory to all the parties involved.’
‘Omer Kesikli is exceptional. He consistently shows great skill and know-how, with a friendly approach that is solution oriented, commercially minded and practical. He knows the law and energy matters inside out, translating his insights into practical advice.’
‘Omer Kesikli is a top-quality legal expert who is always ready to help us in making deals and resolving disputes. He is reliable, knowledgeable and results oriented.’
‘Omer Kesikli is our go-to person for energy and construction projects. He is skilled in every facet of the negotiation process from drafting agreements to explaining the industry’s realities and defending our rights, to the closing of the deal.’
‘Their unique approach, negotiation skills and out-of-the-box thinking helped us a lot in our project deals, including financings. Their knowledge relating to our sector and its technical and commercial realities is an invaluable asset for us. The team consists of very practical, friendly and understanding lawyers.’
- Advised KS Energy Africa on the drafting and negotiation of an EPC contract for a combined-cycle power plant project in the Republic of Benin.
- Acted for an international contractor in disputes arising out of the EPC contract for a large power plant rehabilitation project.
- Advising a client on the potential acquisition of several biomass-fired power plants operating in Turkey.
Pekin & Pekin
Pekin & Pekin handles the full gamut of projects work in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors. The team's expertise spans project finance, project development (including advising on commercial contracts and regulatory and compliance issues), M&A in the sector, privatisation matters and related disputes. Renowned finance specialist Ahmed Pekin steers the team alongside Eda Beltan, who is frequently sought out for cross-border banking and finance transactions.
Ahmed Pekin; Eda Beltan
Morgan Stanley & Co. International PLC
Goldman Sachs International Bank
Standard Chartered Bank PLC
Yazici Attorney Partnership
Kerem Arıç, who has a strong track record of advising on seaport projects, power plant construction, and mining-related transactions, steers the department at Yazici Attorney Partnership, which is particularly well known for its expertise in the energy sector and ability to handle energy-related infrastructure and construction projects. Ayşe Yazıcı Adanır brings additional expertise in project financing and development mandates to the team.
Kerem Arıç; Ayşe Yazıcı Adanır
‘The firm stands out for its contract management capabilities, as well as the ability to work in alignment with technical teams, especially in construction and power generation businesses.’
‘International macro approach along with local knowledge. The team facilitates legal process preparations.’
BNP Paribas SA
Societe Generale, London Branch
ING European Financial Services PLC
AGE Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
- Advised a consortium of banks, including BNP Paribas, on the funding for a mining project.