Bezen & Partners has transactional and regulatory expertise in the projects space, advising lenders, developers and investors involved in oil and gas, nuclear power, and renewable energy projects, as well as healthcare, social infrastructure and transportation developments. Matters include lending work, contracts, procurement acquisitions, corporate financings and contentious regulatory issues. The group includes two German-speaking partners in co-heads Banu Bölükemini and Yeşim Bezen, who is also English-qualified, allowing the team to act for international clients and handle cross-border mandates. Aykut Bakırcı also jointly leads the team, specialising in governmental relations and administrative law.
Firms in the Spotlight Project finance/projects
Bezen & Partners
Bezen & Partners is one of most prominent independent law firms in Turkey with a renowned projects practice. Headed by Senior Partner Yeşim Bezen, the firm’s projects team offers clients with a unique blend of first-rate local expertise and an extensive knowledge of the international project finance space.View Profile...
Gedik Eraksoy Avukatlik Ortakligi
Project finance/projects Our partners Hakki Gedik and Gökhan Eraksoy established Gedik & Eraksoy in November 2012. For almost a decade, Hakki and Gökhan had been equity partners at a leading local law firm, where they had set up and led a distinct practice group.View Profile...
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING
Kılınç Law & Consulting, provides legal services in domestic and international areas to nationally and worldly renowned clients operating in multiple sectors. On the field of Project Finance; Kılınç Law & Consulting advises a range of high-profile international entities with operations in Turkey with an experienced team on providing project finance and project advice to …View Profile...
Project finance/projects in Turkey
Yeşim Bezen; Banu Bölükemini; Aykut Bakırcı
‘The team is very professional, friendly and approachable. They generate confidence in the advice they provide. They are easy to approach and response times are in line with leading Magic Circle firms.’
‘Yeşim Bezen sticks out. Her years working for a City firm in London paid off, she has acquired the City ways of working. She is hands on and her multiple language skills make it easier for us to communicate with clients, especially when we deal with German clients. She has extensive legal knowledge, is pragmatic and focused and very easy to communicate with.’
‘Partner Banu Bölükemini led our transaction. She is very experienced, hands on and led the team perfectly. She was available all time and involved in all processes of the transactions.’
‘The team provides top quality advice and is very experienced in big ticket deals. We have worked on various healthcare PPP projects and closed the deals successfully. The team is very responsive and hard working. Partner involvement is present all the time which is key for such deals and is also needed.’
Akkuyu NGS Elektrik Üretim
STEAG GmbH and its subsidiaries
PNE AG and its subsidiaries
Public Power Corporation
Hitachi Zosen Inova
ADN PPP Sağlık Yatırım
İstanbul PPP Sağlık
YZG PPP Sağlık Yatırım
Elazığ PPP Yatırım
- Advising Transmark Renewables on the negotiation, drafting and signing of its project agreements, including EPC and O&M agreements, for the construction of a geothermal power plant.
- Advising Akkuyu NGS Elektrik Üretim on the implementation of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant project.
- Advising Hitachi Zosen Inova on its corporate structuring with its JV partner, Makyol Inşaat, regarding the construction of a waste incineration and energy generation plant with the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality.
Goksu Safi Isik Attorney Partnership is active in major state-led projects and financing matters, with standout involvement in the Istanbul Grand Airport development. The group also advises on energy and infrastructure projects, integrating risk management, regulatory and operational advice through its Newmind AI and digitalisation programme. The team is overseen by experienced project-focused lawyers Ali Göksu and Fatma Gozde Kardes.
Ali Goksu; Fatma Gozde Kardes
‘They are our lawyers from the very first day of our project financing and continue their role in our financing projects. Since they have proven their success in the biggest projects of Turkey, their contributions cannot be compared with the others.’
‘GSI has a very dynamic team with extraordinary experience in important projects. For me, what makes them unique is their know-how about how to best manage very complex and complicated projects involving many different practice areas and diverse stakeholders. Therefore, they can provide more customised and case-special solutions.’
‘GSI consistently provides high quality service. Their punctuality, industry knowledge and to the point advice are just some of the reasons why we continue to work with GSI. Their professional conduct is highly standardised and is high quality in terms of response times, quality of format and reporting systems and the like.’
Kmo Anadolu Otoyol
Kalyon Güneş Enerjisi
Kl Yapi Çeli̇k
Etki̇ Li̇man İşletmeleri̇
Fıratcan İnşaat Sasa Polyester
Kolin İnşaat Turizm
İga Havalimanı İşletmesi
- Advising Kalyon Güneş Enerjisi on the financing of a solar power plant.
Hergüner Bilgen Özeke is highly involved in a number of longstanding projects, with expertise in social infrastructure, transport, energy and telecoms developments, as well as transactions relating to project development. The team has a strong record in PPP arrangements, and acts for both sponsors and lenders in large-scale projects, with notable clients including EBRD and SouthStream. A number of senior practitioners are active in the practice, including senior partner Ümit Hergüner, Senem Denktaş, who has a strong track record in PPP arrangements; Piraye Kuranel Başol, Serkan Gül, Nazım O. Kurt, and energy specialist Deniz Tuncel.
Ümit Hergüner; Senem Denktaş; Piraye Kuranel Başol; Serkan Gül; Nazım O. Kurt; Deniz Tuncel
Export Development Canada
U.S. International Development Finance Corporation
Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Borusan EnBW Enerji
DP World Yarımca Liman İşletmeleri A.Ş. (Dubai Port)
- Advised South Stream Transport on the development of a natural gas pipeline.
- Advising Borusan as the sponsor’s counsel on a wind power plant project.
- Acting for lenders including EBRD on a number of healthcare PPP projects.
The 'skilled and proactive' team at Paksoy advises a diverse range of lenders, sponsors and institutional investors on projects including infrastructure, energy, healthcare and property developments, with significant expertise in public projects and PPPs. The team regularly acts for international clients on cross-border mandates, and handles complex financing arrangements as well as contracts and regulatory issues. The team is led by banking and finance expert Sera Somay, who handles lending and loan restructuring matters.
‘Skilled and proactive team. Provides confidence and high knowledge on the sector.’
‘An excellent law firm, leading in the field of project finance and projects, which is extremely responsive, knowledgeable and committed.’
- Advised ING Bank on the project financing for the expansion of the Çöpler Gold Mine project in Turkey.
- Advised Acacia Maden on the project financing for its copper mine project.
Çakmak Attorney Partnership's 'highly qualified and dedicated' projects team advises on the full range of project financing and development matters, encompassing energy, infrastructure, healthcare and manufacturing developments. Clients include international sponsors and lenders, as well as major domestic corporates and industrial companies. The team is able to advise on refinancings and project extensions, new and ongoing projects, and has particular expertise and involvement in hospital PPP projects. The team is led by the highly experienced Mesut Çakmak and Zeynep Çakmak, who are both highly active in energy and infrastructure work, alongside Mustafa Durakoğlu, who advises on banking and project financing issues.
Mesut Çakmak; Zeynep Çakmak; Mustafa Durakoğlu
‘It’s not only an experienced team, but also one that enjoys seamless support from the partners and senior staff as needed. They are industrious and always maintain a high and pleasant attitude even under stress. Continuity of the key staff and corporate memory have also been very important in receiving proper support over long-term projects such as PPPs. Well-balanced fee structure versus value added too.’
‘Deep knowledge, always willing to give best support and find best solution for client, alert on relevant topics.’
‘The team is always available and for all our needs without raising any scope restriction etc, they work in the field with us. The firm’s experience is unique and help us to shape our strategy in the project.’
Landesbank Baden – Württemberg and KFW IPEX
Rönesans and Sonatrach
Ceska Exportni Banka
Gama Holding and Türkerler Holding
International Finance Corporation
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Siemens Bank and Banca Imi
- Advised on a joint venture by Rönesans and Sonatrach in connection with a partnership as well as the development, construction, operation, maintenance and financing of a propane dehydrogenation and polypropylene production facility.
- Advised ERG as borrower and sponsor, with regard to the financing of the Ankara-Niğde Motorway Project.
- Advised LBBW and KfW on the financing of a capacity increase in the Karaburun wind power plant.
Akol Law has expanded its capabilities in bank lending and project financing work following the arrival of a team from YaziciLegal in 2019. The practice handles complex lending and credit structures, structured finance work and project development transactions, advising a range of Turkish clients acting domestically and abroad. The team is led by Meltem Akol, who is an experienced practitioner with a good track record in cross-border projects and transactions; Ömer Gökhan Özmen and Güneş Yalçın, who both specialise in complex band lending and financing matters.
Meltem Akol; Ömer Gökhan Özmen; Güneş Yalçın
‘A young and hardworking team but have sufficient experience at the same time.’
‘Gökhan Özmen is a very hard working and attentive partner. He is quite versatile and practices in more than one legal field.’
‘Strong team, with a can-do attitude. Always there to support and with high law knowledge.’
IC – İçtaş
Teksin Energy (Erenler)
- Advised IC Içtaş on the contract between Akkuyu Nuclear and T2-IC Joint Venture, including its appendices for the construction of a nuclear energy power plant.
- Advised Türkiye Sınai Kalkınma Bankası as lender on the financing of the construction, development and operation of Karayel Wind Power Plant in Kırklarel.
- Advised İşbank and TSKB as lenders on the financing of the construction, development and operation of Cıngıllı Solar Energy Power Plant in Niğde.
ASC Law Office is focused on energy and projects work, and has consistent relationships with Turkish banks and financial services clients, as well as acting for sponsors. The team handles financing matters, including credit facilities and restructuring work, as well as procurement transactions related to major projects. The team is jointly led by Okan Beygo, and Ela Sarı, and Denel Balcı Kırali, who both specialise in banking and capital markets transactions, including syndicated lending and debt restructuring mandates, alongside oil and gas specialist Levent Yetkil.
Okan Beygo; Denel Balcı Kırali; Levent Yetkil; Ela Sarı
T.C. Ziraat Bankası
T. Garanti Bankası
T. İş Bankası
Türkiye Sınai Kalkınma Bankasi
Yapı ve Kredi Bankası
AG Anadolu Grubu Holding
Akfen Yenilenebilir Enerji
Aslancık Elektrik Üretim
Boyabat Elektrik Üretim
Doğan Şirketler Grubu Holding
Doğuş Enerji Yatırımları
- Advised AEP Anadolu on restructuring the terms of existing loans to support the long-term financing needs of its fresh fruit plantation and fruit juice processing operations and providing additional loans for working capacity needs.
- Advising Gaz Depo and Toren Doğalgaz Depolama on an English law-governed EPC contract and O&M contract regarding the construction and operation of four underground natural gas production facilities.
- Advised Akfen Yenilenebilir Enerji on a complex structure including acquisition financing together with the refinancing of an existing loan.
Balcioglu Selçuk Ardiyok Keki has specialist expertise in complex structured project financing work, handling unusual structures including unsecured syndicated lending and export finance work, alongside corporate financing, restructuring and cross-border lending mandates. The practice acts for a number of international banks, as well as sponsors. Affiliated with Dentons, the team regularly handles cross-border projects, and specialises in handling regulatory issues including foreign exchange and capital controls, and conflict of laws work. The team is led by Barlas Balcioğlu, who is a specialist banking and project finance practitioner, and is ably assisted by senior associate Ceyda Aydın.
Other key lawyers:
‘Great local presence, coupled with global reach. Broad sectoral reach. Avoiding frequent turnover and providing continuity with trusted staff. Generally flexible and pragmatic approach to issues.’
‘Barlas Balcıoğlu has been the bedrock for our relationship. His leadership internally and solution-oriented approach towards us have made them the first choice go-to firm for us over many years.’
Tiryaki Agro Gıda
ODDO BHF Aktiengesellschaft
Black Sea and Development Bank
- Advising Tiryaki Agro on the global restructuring of the Tiryaki group, including a $175m refinancing facility to be granted by a syndicate of banks led by ABN Amro Bank.
- Advising Tiryaki Agro on the amendment and restatement of a $65m term loan facility extended by the Dutch development bank FMO, EBRD, and Proparco.
- Advised ODOO on the provision of an export finance facility to Biyomek Elektrik Enerjisi, and a payment guarantee issued by the same borrower.
Boden Law stands out for its track record in the energy sector, advising Turkish and foreign clients on a range of matters including project and acquisition financings, procurement issues, development and construction projects, disputes and regulatory issues. The firm's expertise extends across the oil and gas, nuclear power, and renewable energy sectors, with the team also acting for infrastructure developers and natural resources companies. The team is led by Değer Boden, who has broad expertise across transactional, regulatory and contentious energy sector matters, and İnanç Akalın, who handles issues relating to construction work, contracts and operation agreements.
Değer Boden; İnanç Akalın
Talesun Solar Switzerland AG
Gildemeister Energy Solutions
- Advised Gunvor on a fuel purchase financing transaction and its security package on floating fuel to be stored in a storage facility in Turkey.
- Advising an Asian client on its potential acquisition of a hotel in İstanbul.
- Advising Talesun on the financing and structuring of a solar power plant project.
CIFTCI Law Firm advises on domestic and international project financing matters, including projects in the energy, resources, infrastructure, transport and aviation sectors. Overseen by experienced banking lawyer Sait Eryilmaz, who was promoted to the partnership in early 2021, the team advises a range of bank lenders, including China Development Bank and the EBRD, on acquisition, bond and multi-source facilities, and regularly collaborates with the wider team at Clifford Chance on complex and high-value matters.
China Development Bank
- Advising the senior financier consortium in connection with the refinancing of the Kınalı-Odayeri and Kurtköy-Akyazı Sections of the Northern Marmara Motorway in parallel with the acquisition of the project company by a Chinese consortium.
- Advising Garanti BBVA on the refinancing of Zorlu Enerji’s existing financing following the acquisition of Zorlu Enerji by Akfen Group.
- Advising Garanti BBVA on the capacity expansion to be made to the Adares WPP.
Esin Attorney Partnership, Member of Baker & McKenzie International works across the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors, handling financings, transactions and regulatory matters for clients, which include domestic and international banks, energy and mining companies, and financial institutions. Notable areas of strength include operational advice, government relations issues and regulatory compliance matters, and work within the renewable energy sector. The team is overseen by Nigar Gökmen, who joined the firm in December 2020 from Çakmak Attorney Partnership. Banking specialist Muhsin Keskin handles both financings and regulatory issues, and Duygu Turgut is a transactional lawyer with a strong focus on the energy and mining sectors.
Other key lawyers:
Muhsin Keskin; Duygu Turgut
OYAK (Turkish Military Pension Fund)
BNP Paribas Fortis
Asian Development Bank
Agence Française de Dévéloppement
The Black Sea Trade and Development Bank
- Advised Société Générale, Black Sea Trade and Development Bank and BNP Paribas Fortis as original lenders, Société Générale and BNP Paribas Fortis as mandated lead arrangers, and BNP Paribas Fortis as facility agent in relation to an ECA (SERV) covered €320m term loan facility provided to the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality for the delivery and establishment of a new waste-to-energy facility.
- Advised Enerjisa Distribution Companies on a $150m term loan facility provided by EBRD to finance the electricity distribution network investments to be made by the distribution companies.
- Advised Agence Française de Dévéloppement in relation to a €147.35m term loan facility provided to İller Bankası A.Ş. to finance water and waste water infrastructure investments aimed at improving the quality of water for Syrian refugees in Turkey.
GKC Partners (in professional association with White & Case) is heavily involved in major infrastructure projects across Turkey, including road transport and airport developments. Additionally, the firm's international alliance allows it to work with international banks and financial institutions on cross-border project financings, investments and transactions. The team has advised on innovative new loan products, including the EBRD's Energy Financing Facility. The team is led by highly-praised infrastructure financing specialist Güniz Gökçe, and energy and infrastructure-focused Ateş Turnaoğlu, who has great expertise in regulatory and contractual issues.
Güniz Gökçe; Ateş Turnaoğlu
‘One of the law firms with a versatile manner to meet the client’s necessities effectively and have the capacity to work in almost every sector and field, both in Turkey and worldwide. They are service-oriented and practical which is the key reason for my preference. And they don’t take client relationships for granted. In each time, they make us feel special and important and we always get the resources we need and it makes a difference among the other law firms. And another point for my preference comparing to other law firms, their documents are always updated.’
‘Recently Ateş Turnaoğlu has been my key contact for cross-border transactions where we need assistance in foreign jurisdictions and Turkish law matters, as well. He sees the bottom line and finds a way to get to the point. He has an excellent understanding of our business and the internal environment within the banks.’
‘We have been working with GKC on several projects and I believe GKC consistently provides a high quality and reliable service. Highly experienced project teams backed with subject-matter experts, responsive and client-centric management and ability to design tailor-made project finance structures distinguish GKC from its local and international competitors.’
‘Ateş Turnaoğlu is always responsive and working hard to meet the expectations of the bank without jeopardising the deal.’
T.C Ziraat Bankası
T. İş Bankası
Kolin Inşaat Turizm
International Finance Corporation
Nederlandse Financierings Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Advising the lenders with regards to ongoing matters relating to the finance and project documentation of the existing €4.5bn financing of the Istanbul Third Airport Project.
- Advised the sponsors in connection with the additional financing of the design, construction, operation, maintenance, repair and transfer of the Kınalı-Odayeri and Kurtköy-Akyazı sections of the Northern Marmara Motorway Project in Turkey.
- Advised EBRD, IFC and FMO in connection with $320m in facilities for Osmangazi Elektrik Dağıtım.
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING advises a wide range of project proponents including domestic venture capital and private equity investors, energy companies and foreign investors, and is active in projects across Europe and Central Asia. The firm's strength lies in the energy sector, and the team also acts across the life-cycle of infrastructure projects, handling project contracts and construction agreements, as well as complex regulatory issues around taxation and foreign investment. The team is led by the 'excellent' Levent Lezgin Kılınç, who has in-house energy sector experience and projects expertise, and Seray Özsoy, who is praised for her responsiveness and ability to work under pressure.
Levent Lezgin Kılınç; Seray Özsoy
‘Mr. Kılınç is a very professional, hard working, clever lawyer. He is also very friendly and his communication skills are excellent.’
‘Levent Lezgin Kılınç, with his previous experience in the energy sector, is an extremely reputable leader and a quick and efficient problem solver.‘
‘Levent Lezgin Kılınç is an integral part of our company. Since he has established Kılınç Law, we have been working together and the fact that he knows how our company operates is an essential skill for a company in our scale.‘
‘The diversity of Kılınç law, especially the majority of the firm’s partners being female, is a big plus from my perspective. Also, they are looking towards expanding their international reach constantly and I have seen their international reach, global reputation and their team grow at a massive pace.‘
SOCAR Turkey Company Group / SOCAR Turkey Enerji
Kızılay Gayrimenkul ve Girişim Sermayesi Portföy Yönetimi
Arz Portföy Venture Capital Funds
- Advising Tanap Doğalgaz on the $8.6bn Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline Project.
- Advising Resistanbul on its $17.5m acquisition of a licensed electricity producer, including advising on funding arrangements.
- Advising Bor Şeker on a significant privatisation project in the sugar sector.
Kolcuoglu Demirkan Koçakli has a range of expertise in projects, with strong capabilities in financings, transactions and project development work. The group has a particular specialism in PPP projects, encompassing energy, infrastructure and construction work, advising clients on contracts, procurement transactions and regulatory issues, as well as handling contentious issues. On financing mandates, the team acts for borrowers and lenders, handling project financings, complex bilateral and joint venture financings, and Islamic loan facilities. The team is led by experienced banking and projects lawyer Umut Kolcuoğlu, alongside Okan Demirkan, who heads up the firm's energy and infrastructure teams.
Umut Kolcuoğlu; Okan Demirkan
‘Timely responses and flexibility on working hours are the essential key strength of the company and associates.’
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Yu Group & Turkmall Serdivan Joint Venture
- Advising Alsim Alarko on the Kabatas-Mecidiyekoy-Mahmutbey metro line project.
- Assisting the Turkish subsidiary of Huntsman Corporation with the reconstruction of its production facility in Tuzla, Istanbul, which was burnt down in September 2019.
- Advised Barwa Bank on the Murabaha and Musawamah financings provided to Kuzu Group for its luxury apartment complex project in Istanbul.
DURUKAN+PARTNERS advises on energy and infrastructure project financing work, acting for lenders and borrowers, and regularly assists with cross-border mandates. The team handles lending matters, procurement transactions and regulatory issues. Practice co-head Begüm Durukan Özaydin is noted for her capabilities in banking and finance transactions, and is also qualified in the US, reflecting her multijurisdictional expertise. Co-head Hikmet Fadillioglu advises on commercial and employment issues relating to project developments.
Begüm Durukan Özaydin; Hikmet Fadillioglu
Enka Power Projects
International Finance Corporation
- Advised Emaar as borrower on the extension and amendment of a $180m loan facility from HSBC.
- Advised Power Engineers as the provider of engineering services to the Kizildere II geothermal power project in Turkey, on a payment issue.
- Advised Enka Insaat on its joint venture with a leading Norwegian energy company for the development and operation of the Namakhvani and Tvishi hydro power plants.
Erdem & Erdem Law Office advises lenders and sponsors on project financing transactions, with a particular strength in BOT models for power generation projects, airports and port operations. The team handles syndicated credit facilities, term loans and Islamic financing mandates for investment-grade and non-investment-grade borrowers and lenders. Clients include international banks and financial institutions, domestic sponsors and equity investors. Ercüment Erdem and Özgür Kocabaşoğlu jointly lead the team.
Ercüment Erdem; Özgür Kocabaşoğlu
Türkiye Şişe ve Cam Fabrikaları
Şişecam Elyaf Sanayii
Türkiye İş Bankası
Yapı ve Kredi Bankası
- Advising Şişecam Group on a $120m syndicated loan.
- Advising Yıldırım Group on the refinancing by Deutsche Bank of a facility agreement for the loan extended by Garanti Bankası for an investment in Malta.
- Advising Şişecam Group on a term loan facility granted to Richard Fritz Holding.
Güner Law Office advises on international greenfield and brownfield financing projects, alongside regular involvement in Turkish energy and infrastructure developments; the group also has an established strength in hotel financings and refinancings. The practice acts for both borrowers and lenders, including banks, financial institutions, project sponsors and hotel companies. The team is led by Ece Güner Toprak and Ömer Erdoğan, who are experienced advisers on transactional and financing matters.
Ece Güner Toprak; Ömer Erdoğan
Türkiye İş Bankası
Türkiye Sınai Kalkınma Bankası
Centerra Luxembourg Holdings
- Advising Fiba Holding and Fina Holding (as guarantors) and its subsidiary (as borrower) on the refinancing and post-refinancing of Swissotel The Bosporus.
- Advising Centerra Luxembourg Holdings and Centerra Exploration on the closure of a project finance loan facility.
- Advised Denizbank on amendments to existing finance documents with respect to financing for the purposes of construction and operation of the speed train terminal in Ankara by the JV formed by Limak İnşaat., Kolin İnşaat and Cengiz İnşaat.
Kesikli Law Firm advises the proponents and sponsors of infrastructure, construction and energy projects, with standout expertise in cross-border energy plant construction developments, including projects in Africa and the Middle East. Additionally, the team handles disputes relating to construction and project contracts. The team is led by Ömer Kesikli, who is a specialist energy and projects lawyer with experience in advisory and contentious work.
Güney Biyogaz Enerji
GKE Enerji Tesisleri Taahhut
KS Energy Africa
Pales Engineering Investments
BIOMASS Enerji Elektrik
Pales Teknik Tesis
- Advising Biomass Enerji on its investment for building a biomass fired power plant in Babaeski/Kırklareli.
- Advised KS Energy Africa on the drafting and negotiation of an EPC contract and an O&M contract for a 29MW power plant project in the Republic of Benin.
- Advised Güney Biyogaz Elektrik on energy regulatory matters and structured the required project contracts for a biomass fired power plant construction project and its associated fertilizer facility.
The highly experienced Ahmed Pekin leads the team at Pekin & Pekin alongside Eda Beltan, advising international banks and financial institutions, borrowers and corporates on a range of project financing matters including loan facilities, restructurings and refinancings, Islamic financing work and acquisition financings related to project procurements. The group also handles project disputes for European and Asian corporates and project proponents.
Ahmed Pekin; Eda Beltan
‘Pekin & Pekin provides high quality legal services and more specifically customises solutions to its clients. The Pekin & Pekin team is extremely accurate in the legal opinions provided and very timely in their responses. Pekin & Pekin performs outstandingly well when the project involves several complexities together with time pressure.’
‘Eda Beltan is an excellent lawyer with a practical approach when dealing with complex matters.’
‘Pekin could quickly grasp the key commercial considerations for the firm and proposed robust legal solutions to it. Along with providing comprehensive advice covering all possible risks to our transactions, they have also been nimble enough to factor in the practicality of solutions, and client relationships in pushing for it.’
‘A very quick response time, along with their willingness to go beyond the scope of work. They have been able to seamlessly collaborate with multiple touch points involved, and actively manage the outcome. Their proactive communication and feedback has been highly appreciated.’
Morgan Stanley & Co. International
Goldman Sachs International Bank
Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Yatırım Bankası
- Advised a syndicate of five Nordic banks on the acquisition financing of DFDS Denizcilik ve Taşımacılık totalling €830m.
Yazici Attorney Partnership advises international banks and financial institutions on project financings, including cross-border loan facilities and syndicated lending, alongside working with domestic clients on overseas projects in the infrastructure, energy and construction sectors. Kerem Arıç and Ayşe Yazıcı Adanır lead on project financing and development matters, supported by senior partners Murat Yazici and Bilge Müftüoğlu, who have extensive experience in energy and project work.
Kerem Arıç; Ayşe Yazıcı Adanır
Other key lawyers:
Murat Yazici; Bilge Müftüoğlu
BNP Paribas SA, Societe Generale, London Branch and ING European Financial Services
- Advising a bank consortium led by BNP Paribas on Turkish law issues relating to the provision of a $120m senior secured project finance facility to finance the construction and development of the Gökırmak Copper Project in Turkey.