Firms in the Spotlight Energy
Bozoglu-Izgi Attorney Partnership
The team has a strong energy and infrastructure practice spearheaded by the firm’s partner M. Feridun Izgi who has a long-term industry experience from in-house work within a leading Turkish energy company. Bozoğlu-İzgi provides its local and multinational clients with rapid and independent legal advice to enable them to adopt successful commercial strategies in this …View Profile...
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING
Kılınç Law & Consulting, provides legal services in domestic and international areas to nationally and worldly renowned clients operating in multiple sectors. On the field of Energy law has a unique significance for Kılınç Law & Consulting. The Firm specialises in pursuing the application process before public authorities, such as the Ministry of Energy and …View Profile...
Energy in Turkey
Çakmak Attorney Partnership's 'exceptional' and 'dedicated' energy team has a consistent record in the market, regularly acting for major domestic and international producers, corporates, investors, and financial institutions across the full spectrum of energy work. Key work includes portfolio acquisitions, energy project developments, financings, and joint ventures, with the team advising on matters in the oil & gas, renewable energy, and electricity sectors. The highly praised team is led by Mesut Çakmak, an experienced practitioner in the sector, projects specialist Zeynep Çakmak, and Mustafa Durakoğlu, who works on financing for sponsors and lenders.
Mesut Çakmak; Zeynep Çakmak; Mustafa Durakoğlu
‘The service is responsive, helpful and based on a very sure understanding of the law. ’
‘Zeynep Cakmak combines rapid responses with practicality and a sound understanding of the law.’
‘Mesut Cakmak has a wise head and plenty of charm.’
Landesbank Baden – Württemberg and KFW IPEX – Bank
Rönesans and Sonatrach
ERG İnşaat (ERG)
Uni-Mar Enerji Yatırımları
Ceska Exportni Banka
- Advised LBBW and KfW on the financing of a capacity increase in the Karaburun wind power plant.
- Advised Rönesans and Sonatrach on a joint venture and partnership relating to the development, construction, operation and maintenance, and financing of a propane dehydrogenation and polypropylene production facility with an annual production capacity of 450 million kilotons per year.
- Advised ERG on the sale of all of its shares in Afşin-Elbistan (A) Thermal Power Plant.
Balcioglu Selçuk Ardiyok Keki stands out for its broad regulatory expertise, assisting major clients with regulatory compliance in areas such as electricity production and distribution, natural gas and LNG, renewable energy, and climate change. The team also acts for energy companies, banks, and financial investors on transactions, project financings, and in litigation, often challenging regulatory barriers to operations. The team is led by 'bedrock' Barlas Balcioğlu, cross-border transactional specialist Selim Keki, and Şahin Ardıyok, who focuses on regulatory and competition issues. Counsel Ceren Su is noted for her expertise in acquisition and project financing.
Barlas Balcıoğlu; Selim Keki; Şahin Ardıyok
Other key lawyers:
‘Great local presence, coupled with global reach. Broad sectoral reach. Avoiding frequent turnover and providing continuity with trusted staff. Generally flexible and pragmatic approach to issues.’
‘Barlas Balcioglu has been the bedrock for our relationship. His leadership internally and solution-oriented approach towards us have made Baseak the first choice go-to firm for us over many years.’
‘Timely work and prompt responses – the firm’s approach to clients is unique. ’
- Advising Enerjisa on regulatory matters and representing the client in litigation.
- Advising Göltaş Energy on a range of energy law issues, including construction permits and regulatory matters.
- Advised EBRD and ICBC on the $74m financing of Borusan EnbW’s investment in the expansion of Kiyikoy WPP, through their subsidiary, Alenka.
Bezen & Partners combines 'in-depth' regulatory and energy law expertise in Turkish and English law with impressive project financing capabilities, acting for domestic and international energy producers engaged in projects within Turkey, including nuclear power, renewable energy, and oil & gas development. Notable areas of focus include agreements with state actors and administrative bodies and the negotiation of EPC contracts. The team comprises English-qualified projects and financing specialist Yeşim Bezen, administrative law and privatisations expert Aykut Bakırcı, and Banu Bölükemini, who focuses on energy project development and financing.
Yeşim Bezen; Banu Bölükemini; Aykut Bakırcı
‘Bezen & Partners has in-depth knowledge of the energy industry in Turkey and EPC contracting and is able to efficiently leverage its knowledge and experience for the benefit of its clients. ’
‘The firm has a combination of in-depth knowledge of Turkish law and English law related to the energy industry and EPC contracting.’
Akkuyu NGS Elektrik
Public Power Corporation
Hitachi Zosen Inova
- Advising and assisting Transmark Renewables in relation to the negotiation, drafting and signing of its project agreements, including EPC and O&M agreements, for the construction of a geothermal power plant.
- Advising and assisting the project company of Turkey’s first nuclear power plant in relation to the implementation of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant project.
- Advising Hitachi Zosen Inova on corporate structuring with its JV partner, Makyol Inşaat, regarding the construction of a waste incineration and energy generation plant with the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality.
Offering 'exceptional expertise in energy law', Boden Law focuses on the energy, natural resources, and infrastructure spaces, advising on M&A transactions, energy market trading and distribution, regulatory issues, and project financings for a range of energy sector clients. The firm's particular strength lies in the structuring of complex transactions, including asset transfers, site purchases, and energy trading. The team is led by specialist energy lawyers Değer Boden, who works on transactions, contentious issues, and project financing, and counsel Ayşegül Önol, who specialises in commodity trading and energy purchase agreements.
Değer Boden; Ayşegül Önol
‘They have exceptional expertise in energy law. ’
‘Deger Boden has been working in the energy law field since that field has become an area of expertise in Turkey. She is very well equipped and she is an exceptional lawyer.’
‘As a growth stage start-up, we had to face continuous challenges at a fast pace. The Boden team has always been ready, mission-specific and informative about the process. We felt in good hands. This is an agility that is hard to find, and much appreciated.’
‘We feel like we are working with our own team members. They cover our needs and create a trustful and long-lasting relationship. This is a very unique feature for a law firm.’
European Federation of Energy Traders
Gildemeister Energy Solutions
- Advised a major client on the potential acquisition of wind power plants.
- Advised a domestic client on the potential acquisition of hydroelectric plants as an asset transfer.
- Represented a client in fuel purchase financing transactions and its security package relating to floating fuel to be stored in a storage facility in Turkey.
Goksu Safi Isik Attorney Partnership has a strong record in the energy sector, advising key Turkish producers and investors on procurement, transactions, commercial and operational considerations, and on project financing and development matters. The firm has expertise in conventional and renewable energy work, including wind, oil & gas, hydroelectricity, and solar power. The team is led by the 'exceptional' Ali Göksu, alongside Ali Sefa Turkmen and Hasan Akıcıoglu.
Ali Goksu; Ali Sefa Turkmen; Hasan Akıcıoglu
‘They have an excellent record of work experience in energy, which is most valuable. They are a very modern and professional firm. You always receive the same standard of quality of in all legal and non-legal matters.’
‘The key capability of Goksu Safi Isik Attorney Partnership that makes it different from other firms is that it runs any complex deal or project with ease, and with the right methodology. They provide legal expertise but also experience, organisational capacity and a strong firm culture.’
‘As a company, we have a long history with GSI. We know their expertise and experience. They are well-known in energy law and their key strength is their comprehension of the sector, from natural gas to electricity and from production to distribution.’
Kalyon Enerji Yatırımları
İGA Havalimanı Akaryakıt
Automative & Machinery Trading Center
- Advising Overseas Energy as buyer in the negotiation of sales agreements and contracts with various sellers.
- Advising Kolin Kalyon Partnership on EPC agreements, framework agreements, and subcontractor agreements for the BOTAŞ North Marmara Impounding Area Project.
- Advising Kalyon Energy Investments on the procurement of six wind turbines and the installation of a wind power plant in Istanbul.
Hergüner Bilgen Özeke is active across a diverse range of energy projects and transactions, including nuclear power plant construction, oil & gas pipeline developments, and renewable energy deals. The firm acts for major Turkish and international energy companies and investors, often as sole Turkish counsel in cross-border developments. The team was notably heavily involved in the TurkStream pipeline, a complex development between Russia and Turkey. An extensive team includes key practitioners Ümit Hergüner, Senem Denktas, Piraye Kuranel Başol, Nazım O. Kurt, and Deniz Tuncel, who is noted in the market for his cross-border expertise.
Ümit Hergüner; Senem Denktaş; Piraye Kuranel Başol; Nazım O. Kurt; Deniz Tuncel
‘Herguner is one of the largest law firms of Turkey and a place to turn to for any legal advice. Their team is extremely professional, diverse and thoughtful of client needs while providing practical advice. I would recommend Herguner to any other companies with no hesitation whatsoever. Herguner’s team works as one team, meeting any deadlines. ’
‘Nazim Kurt Olcay is well-known in the energy industry and brings outstanding knowledge and maturity to any matters he deals with. He works hard on matters, is focused on providing practical advice, and looks at many perspectives which may be omitted otherwise. I highly recommend working with Nazim in any matter.’
Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) Pipeline Company
South Stream Transport
SUNFARMING Eurasia Enerji Üretim
Mobil Oil Türk
- Represented South Stream Transport in the development of a natural gas pipeline.
- Advising Borusan as the sponsor’s counsel in a wind power plant project.
- Advised Entek on the acquisition a wind power plant.
Akol Law is highly active within the energy sector, with an extensive team advising domestic and international energy companies, banks, and investors on transactions, project financing and development, and regulatory issues relating to their Turkish and overseas operations. The firm regularly collaborates with major international firms on large-scale projects and transactions, particularly those with multi-jurisdictional elements. Transactional and private equity specialist Meltem Akol leads the team alongside project finance-focused Ömer Gökhan Özmen and Güneş Yalçın, as well as Tuğçe Tatari, a prolific advisor on energy sector M&A.
Meltem Akol; Ömer Gökhan Özmen; Güneş Yalçın; Tuğçe Tatari
IC – İçtaş
Teksin Energy (Erenler)
- Advised IC Içtaş in the process of preparation of the EPC contract between Akkuyu Nuclear and T2-IC Joint Venture including its appendices for the construction of a nuclear energy power plant.
- Advised Chevron on Turkish law elements of its disposal of interests in the Azeri Chirag and Deep Water Gunashli (ACG) field, and Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline to MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas.
- Advised TKSB as lender for the financing of the construction, development, and operation of Simay Wind Power Plant in İstanbul.
Cigdemtekin Cakirca Aranci Law Firm handles transactional and regulatory energy sector work, with its Ankara office benefiting from strong connections with governmental and regulatory bodies. The team advises Turkish energy providers, producers, and financial institutions on project financing, acquisitions, and commercial matters across a range of developments in natural gas, renewables, hydroelectric, oil, and petrochemicals. The firm also hosts a client working group on climate change and energy transition. Ayca Aranci and Gamze Cigdemtekin head up the practice, combining transactional capabilities with international law firm experience.
Ayça Arancı; Gamze Çiğdemtekin
Egeres Enerji Dan. Müh. Hiz.
Bıçakçılar Çandarlı Elektrik
Age Enerji Group
Age Elektrik Enerjisi
Pt Alpha Wind Energi
- Advising Egeres Energy on the development of solar, wind geothermal power plant projects valued at $50m.
- Advised PT ALPHA WIND ENERGI on renewable energy developments in Indonesia valued at an estimated $100m.
- Advising AGE Enerji on all phases of project development including EPC and financial agreements for a natural gas power plant project, day-to-day operations, and commercial agreements.
Esin Attorney Partnership, Member of Baker & McKenzie International
Esin Attorney Partnership, Member of Baker & McKenzie International works for a range of clients across the energy and infrastructure sectors, handling transactions, project financing and development and regulatory issues. Areas of expertise include power generation, both conventional and renewable, mining, LNG and natural gas projects, and PPPs. Clients include power companies, private equity investors and funds, and international bank lenders. The team is led by Nigar Gökmen, former senior associate at Çakmak Attorney Partnership who joined the firm in December 2020, while senior associate Güven Maviş is a regular point of contact for industry clients.
Other key lawyers:
OYAK (Turkish Military Pension Fund)
BNP Paribas Fortis
Japan Bank for International Cooperation
Asian Development Bank
Agence Française de Dévéloppement
The Black Sea Trade and Development Bank
- Advised IC İÇTAŞ on the sale of 51% of its interest in ICA IC İÇTAŞ ASTALDI and Eurasia Motorway Maintenance and Operations, to a consortium of mostly Chinese investors that are construction conglomerates worldwide, for $688.5m.
- Served as lead counsel to OYAK in connection with the acquisition of Total Oil Turkey and M Oil from the Demirören Group for $450m.
- Advised Enechange on their investment in Motus Enerji through Japan Energy Fund where they acquired majority shares in six subsidiaries of Motus that engage in unlicensed power generation based on solar power.
GKC Partners (in professional association with White & Case)
GKC Partners (in professional association with White & Case) is highly active in assisting on financing for energy transactions and projects across Turkey as well as internationally. The team has strong relationships with major Turkish and foreign banks and financing institutions, and advises on large-scale acquisitions and developments in the oil & gas, renewable energy, and electricity generation sectors, including plant constructions and asset transfers. The team is led by Güniz Gökçe and Ateş Turnaoğlu, both highly rated financing and projects lawyers.
Güniz Gökçe; Ateş Turnaoğlu
‘Very prompt lawyers with a good work ethic. GKC has a good working relationship with financial institutions in Turkey. ’
‘Ates Turnaoglu was very responsive and well received by both of the banks that we worked with. I would like to mention him especially. ’
‘The team has knowledge in the energy sector, especially on the distribution side. Its availability at any time makes the GKC team unique.’
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Türkiye İş Bankası
Borusan ENBW Enerji Yatırımları ve Üretim
Turkiye Kalkinma ve Yatirim Bankasi
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Nederlandse Financierings Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden
- Advised EBRD and Ziraat Bank on providing financing to Air Energy for the development and construction of a 32.4MW wind farm in the Kamenica Municipality in Eastern Kosovo.
- Advising Borusan Holding as borrower for the financing of Saros Wind Power Plant.
- Advised EBRD, IFC and FMO in connection with $320m facilities for Osmangazi Elektrik Dağıtım, the distribution company responsible for the Osmangazi region.
Kolcuoglu Demirkan Koçakli works for a range of clients across the energy market, and is active in the nuclear, renewable energy, gas, and petroleum sectors. The team combines regulatory expertise and litigation capabilities with advice on transactions, procurement, and projects, particularly privatisation initiatives. Clients include Turkish and international energy producers, project proponents, and industrial conglomerates. The team is led by Okan Demirkan, who has a broad range of expertise across energy and infrastructure work, encompassing litigation and disputes, construction contracts, and regulatory issues.
‘Kolcuoglu Demirkan is a professional law firm with strong team of experts in various areas of law. Kolcuoglu provides sensible advice while being mindful of any critical deadlines. ’
‘Okan Demirkan has a great knowledge of the local legislation and provides great legal advice which is to the point and useful. I would recommend working with Okan to other companies. ’
‘A hardworking team concentrated on the client.’
Paksoy advises a diverse array of clients, including state-owned bodies, contractors, financial institutions, and oil & gas companies, handling a combination of transactional, regulatory, and project development matters within the energy industry. The team advises on issues such as environmental regulations and zoning, as well as procurement and portfolio transactions, energy plant construction and operations, and financings. Zeynel Tunç heads up the team, and is a specialist in energy and infrastructure work, with particular expertise in projects, especially PPP arrangements and financing.
‘They try to be part of the business and that they put themselves in your shoes.’
‘Paksoy stands out for the quality of its legal opinions. They offer an in-depth study of the topic at hand, and provide clearly structured documents which are easy to comprehend by both lawyers and general managers. They are responsive to additional client requests to a considerable extent without extra charges. Paksoy’s team lives up to their promises and commitments and is always ahead of deadlines.’
- Advised Elawan Energy on the proposed sale of a portfolio of wind projects held through ACEK Renewables.
- Advised Eesti Energia on a project management agreement for the provision of geological and other services in the oil shale business to its Turkish partner.
- Advised ING Bank on project financing for the expansion of the Çöpler Gold Mine project in Turkey.
Pelister Atayilmaz Enkur Law Office advises major energy companies and investors, including Shell and Vitus Commodities, on a range of operational, regulatory, and transactional matters, including electricity generation projects, restructurings, and rooftop solar developments. The firm's strength in regulated sector M&A also lends itself to strong capabilities in energy transactions, including cross-border deals in renewable energy, oil & gas, and natural resources. The team is led by Emre Keki and Gökhan Enkür, transactional and corporate specialists who work with a range of energy and private equity clients, advising on major deals and all relevant regulatory issues.
Emre Keki; Gokhan Enkur
‘The PAE energy team stands out with their technical expertise and their ability to extend a service that covers in-depth market knowledge. PAE also assisted us in outbound renewables’ projects.‘
‘Emre Keki is the go-to lawyer when it comes to renewable energy projects. He has taken the lead in a number of our projects and referred us to other valuable contacts.‘
- Advised Tekfen Holding and its subsidiary Toros Agri on their joint venture with Altaca Holding, including a 70% acquisition of Gönen Enerji.
- Advising Alpiq Energy Group and its Turkish subsidiary on various energy matters.
- Advisd Alpiq InTec and Colas Rail on their cross-border takeover by Bouygues Construction.
Yazici Attorney Partnership brings its corporate, transactional, and banking expertise to bear in its broad energy and natural resources practice, which advises clients on upstream oil and gas transactions, pipeline projects, infrastructure developments, and regulatory filings before authorities. The firm acts for international energy companies and has strong cross-border capabilities. Its senior leadership team includes Murat Yazici, who has extensive M&A experience in the oil & gas sector; managing partner Bilge Müftüoğlu, who advises on projects and energy agreements. Nihal Berker Atlı is another senior lawyer, with expertise in energy-related tax issues and pipeline projects.
Murat Yazıcı; Bilge Müftüoğlu
Other key lawyers:
Nihal Berker Atlı
Taq Taq Operating Company
- Provides continuous contract and regulatory advice to Marsa in relation to license applications and renewals, amendments, and registrations with the Turkish Energy Markets Regulatory Authority.
- Continously advising Bosphorus Gaz on all corporate governance related issues, contracts, contractual disputes and regulatory matters.
ASC Law Office combines established strengths in financing with additional expertise in energy projects and contracts, alongside regulatory and litigation expertise. Clients include banks, industrial conglomerates, and investors. The team also works with energy sector clients on debt restructuring and other operational matters. The team is led by Okan Beygo and Levent Yetkil.
Okan Beygo; Levent Yetkil
‘In the last 10 years, we have worked with ASC Law on many occasions. They have been involved in the financing/refinancing of our energy projects, acting as legal counsel either on our side or on the other side. We are very much satisfied with their efficiency and dedication to delivering quality work. They are also focused on client relations, which makes us see ASC sort of an extension of our in-house team rather than an outsourced service provider.’
‘We have primarily worked with Okan Beygo and Levent Yetkil. Okan Beygo has an impressive knowledge and dedication to delivering quality work along with his problem-solving skills in high-complexity issues and solution-oriented approach to close the deal successfully. As well as his broad legal knowledge, we are very satisfied with his ability to outline all commercial outcomes very clearly. His professional and helpful approach confide us to consider him and his team as part of our legal team.’
AG Anadolu Grubu Holding
Akfen Yenilenebilir Enerji
Canadian Solar Construction
Doğan Şirketler Grubu Holding
Doğuş Enerji Yatırımları
Toren Doğalgaz Depolama
3S Kale Enerji
- Advised Akfen Yenilenebilir Enerji on a complex structure including acquisition finance together with refinance of existing loan.
- Advising Gaz Depo and Toren Doğalgaz Depolama on an English law-governed EPC contract and O&M contract regarding the construction and operation of a 4 bcm underground natural gas storage facility.
- Advised Yapı ve Kredi Bankas on the restructuring of a facility provided to Akenerji Elektri.
Erdem & Erdem Law Office advises energy companies, including oil & gas, renewable energy, and nuclear power producers and suppliers, alongside private equity investors and trade associations, on a range of issues, including transactions, regulatory issues and state relations, and disputes. The firm has a particular strength in negotiating contracts for project developments. The team is led by senior partner Ercüment Erdem alongside Özgür Kocabaşoğlu.
Ercüment Erdem; Özgür Kocabaşoğlu
Yıldırım Enerji Holding
Trakya Cam Sanayii
Aktor Arbiogaz JV
- Advising Akfen Holding on the purchase of wind turbines from General Elektrik Ticare and GE Wind Energy.
- Advising Şişecam Group on a dispute related to a natural gas connection agreement and connection fee.
- Advising the Turkish Industrialists’ and Businessmen’s Association (TUSIAD) on the Energy Sector Research conducted by the Competition Authority and providing communication between the Competition Authority and companies operating in the energy sector.
Gen Temizer Ozer advises clients on a range of energy transactions, investments, and regulatory matters, acting for banks, investors, and energy companies. The team is particularly active in the renewables space, especially wind generation. The team's collaboration with Kinstellar/CCAO allows it to regularly work on cross-border mandates. Ebru Temizer leads the team, with Edmund Emre Özer also highly praised for his transactional capabilities.
Other key lawyers:
Edmund Emre Ozer
‘We have worked mainly with Emre Edmund Ozer, who stands out for us with his international law background and excellent abilities in structuring and drafting documentation and for calm and thorough approach to negotiations with international counterparties.‘
‘We recently started to work on energy regulatory matters with GTO and are very impressed by what we see and the quality of the work product is first rate. The team has a lot of international experience and this has helped in a particularly complex energy regulatory matter.‘
‘We have mainly worked with Emre Ozer. He has been critical in leading us through a very complicated renewable energy project which involves carbon crediting elements. We have been extremely impressed by his approach and advice.‘
‘We regularly use the firm on energy sector financings, especially in renewable energy. They have great project finance expertise in the energy sector.‘
- Advising Vestas in relation to renewable energy.
- Advising Calik Energy on the greenfield development of two wind farms.
- Advising Commerzbank on the significant export financing of wind turbine purchases for a large scale wind project by Karayel Energy.
'Focused, committed and intelligent' energy specialist Omer Kesikli heads up Kesikli Law Firm, handling complex regulatory and project development issues, including advising on site permissions, procurement contracts, and high-value disputes. In particula,r the firm specialises in cross-border projects, working on projects across the Middle East and Africa. Kesikli has broad expertise across corporate and commercial, financing, and contentious matters, and regularly lectures on energy and contracts law.
‘Strong expertise. Quick replies. High quality. ’
‘Their approach is unique and suitable for what we need. it means that they can easily adapt to the situations they need to be involved in even if they are from different departments such as finance, sales, contract management etc, while protecting their customer rights and business as well.’
‘I strongly recommend Kesikli for any company that has the need of a law firm for corporate and energy transactions. I have been doing business with them for a number of years and have been extremely satisfied with the way they handle our work and the results they deliver. Quick turnaround times, commerciality, practicability and expertise are the hallmarks of this firm.’
‘Omer Kesikli has always been great to work with. Besides his legal expertise on commercial, construction and energy legal issues, he is a great listener and is very understanding. He always goes through the extra mile to find anything that could help with our projects or cases.’
‘They are act as our own in-house lawyers. Very skilled to learn new business. Identifying all legal points related to business which our company would like to implement.’
‘Omer Kesikli and his team provide exceptional benefits to our company.’
‘Omer is exceptionally great. He consistently shows great skill and knowhow with a friendly approach that is solutions-oriented, commercially minded and practical. He knows the law and energy matters inside out, translating his insights into practical advice.’
‘The overall level of service is high. The team has both practical and academic legal knowledge, but doesn’t focus on being academic; rather they look at what our circumstances require and advise accordingly. They communicate at all levels and ensure we have a clear understanding of the legal technicalities and what can be achieved without any unnecessary legal jargon.’
Güney Biyogaz Enerji
KS Energy Africa
Pales Engineering Investments
BIOMASS Enerji Elektrik
Pales Teknik Tesis
GPLEDGER Enerji Danişmanlik
- Advising and representing Biomass Enerji on its investment for building a biomass fired power plant in Babaeski/Kırklareli, including energy regulatory matters, financing, structuring and drafting the required project contracts.
- Advised KS Energy Africa on drafting and negotiation of an EPC Contract and an O&M Contract for a 29 MW power plant project in the Republic of Benin.
- Advised Güney Biyogaz Elektrik Üretim on energy regulatory matters and structuring the required project contracts of a 3,12 MW biomass fired power plant construction project and its associated fertilizer facility.
KILINÇ LAW & CONSULTING's team works across a range of areas to provide multi-disciplinary advice to energy sector clients. Its expertise in this area extends to acting for producers, processors, sellers and transporters, as well as venture capital energy funds. The group benefits from the presence of founding partner Levent Lezgin Kılınç, who is able to draw on his previous experience as legal counsel at Socar. Seray Özsoy leads on financing and energy-related M&A.
Levent Lezgin Kılınç; Seray Özsoy
Other key lawyers:
Nigar Guliyeva; Gülenay Kavcar; Eren Can Ersoy
SOCAR Turkey Company Group / SOCAR Turkey Enerji A.Ş
Tanap Doğalgaz Iletim A.Ş
Bor Şeker A.Ş
Kızılay Gayrimenkul ve Girişim Sermayesi Portföy Yönetimi A.Ş.
Arz Portföy Venture Capital Funds
- Advised SOCAR TURKEY LNG SATIŞ A.Ş. on the TRY 55m sale of its shares.
- Advising Tanap Doğalgaz Iletim Anonim Şirketi the $8.6bn Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline Project (TANAP).
- Acting for PETKİM Petrokimya Holding A.Ş. in an administrative law dispute relating to its status as an electricity generation company.
Moroglu Arseven has a diverse practice, working with clients in the mining and fossil fuels sector alongside its ongoing focus on the renewable energy sector. The team advises on regulatory considerations, transactional work including procurement and portfolio acquisitions, and operational matters, including cross-border projects. The team is overseen by versatile adviser E. Benan Arseven.
E. Benan Arseven
TUNCA ATTORNEY PARTNERSHIP brings its combination of public and private expertise to bear in the energy sector, advising government departments and corporates on energy projects, transactions and regulatory compliance, alongside representing clients in litigation and before Turkish regulatory authorities. The team is particularly active in the renewable energy sector, advising on project financings and plant acquisitions. The team is led by Sidar Tunca.
‘A trustworthy firm. We have had serious business challenges in the past few years, and Sidar Tunca’s firm has managed these in an unexpectedly smooth and beneficial way for us. We trust their competence, knowledge and ability to handle problematic situations.’
‘Our company has important projects in the energy sector. Tunca Attorney Partnership understand our needs, communicate easily with us and answer all our requests with speed. The dialogue between the client and lawyer is very important for us and Sidar Tunca managed to organise very good dialogue with our company.’
‘The combination of very good legal expertise and personal and ethical qualities is important for thelawyer-client relationship That makes them different from the other lawyers we had previously worked with. When you work with Tunca you can easily see the difference, because they really care about your business.’
‘Excellent law firm – we recommend them for their practice in energy topics.’
‘Sidar Tunca is very well organised, understands our problems and concerns and give us satisfactory results.’
‘Although he is the head of the law office, Sidar Tunca is personally engaged with our company. That is very important for us. We are satisfied with our work with them. That is why we entrust them with our biggest investments.’
The Ministry Of Energy And Natural Resources Of Turkey
Türkiye Petrolleri Dağitim
Akfen Yeni̇lenebi̇li̇r Enerji̇
Lukoi̇l Eurasi̇a Petrol
Itc Invest Tradi̇ng & Consulti̇ng
Lokal İnşaat Enerji̇ Petrol Nakli̇yat
Özaltin İnşaat Enerji̇
Ftz Akaryakit Otomotiv
- Advising the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources on the RES 1 Wind Power Plant Project.
- Acting for Limak Enerji Ticareti on all regulatory proceedings before the Turkish energy authorities concerning the €500m Çetin Dam and Hydroelectric Power Plant Project.
- Advised İmbat Enerji on its acquisition of the 23.3 MW Demirciler and 57 MW Saritepe Wind Power Plants for a combined €105m.