El Ajeri Lawyers has expertise in a broad range of sectors, including the healthcare and pharmaceuticals, automotive, logistics, energy, IT, distribution and retail, and banking and financial services industries. The firm has a recognised litigation practice, as well as handling arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, and cross-border disputes are a key strength. Mohamed Lotfi El Ajeri and Mohamed Abragh have a strong background in litigation and arbitration.
Dispute resolution in Tunisia
Lotfi El Ajeri; Amel M’Rabet; Mohamed Abragh
Saidane & Fils
Groupe Scolaire René Descartes
Palm Beach Hotel
LC Packaging Africa NV
- Advising Groupe Scolaire René Descartes on anticipating a serious conflict between shareholders relating to an early exit.
- Advising Alainé Group on managing a serious conflict between shareholders who at the same time have commercial relations with different entities.
- Advising Saidane & Fils on a silent breach of an unwritten contract of exclusive commercial representation concluded almost 50 years ago.
Eversheds El Heni (a member of Eversheds Sutherland) has a strong track record in litigation and arbitration. The firm has expertise in a range of sectors, including financial services, insurance, energy and natural resources, renewables, real estate and technology. Key clients include a number of large international companies. Managing partner and practice co-head Farès Koussay El Heni is particularly experienced in acting for multinationals in international disputes. Practice co-head Raouf El Heni is a key individual and has a strong background in representing insurance companies in litigation.
Farès Koussay El Heni; Raouf El Heni
‘Multilingual team of lawyers able to work across several jurisdictions, with a high quality of legal service.’
- Providing ongoing advice to Star, a leading insurance company active in Tunisia, on a range of around 50 litigation matters.
- Acting as ongoing adviser to BIAT Insurance, a leading Tunisia-based insurer, on more than ten litigation matters in Tunisia.
- Providing ongoing advice to Roche on three strategic litigation matters.
Global Lawyers North Africa in partnership with Gide Loyrette Nouel displays expertise in handling complex cross-border disputes. Commercial disputes and litigation in the financial services sector are key areas of strength for the team. Associate Anis Jabnoun has extensive experience in handling corporate and M&A-related disputes, while Algiers-based Samy Laghouati and Paris-based Jean-Gabriel Flandrois regularly act for investors in Tunisia and offer a range of expertise in contentious matters, including arbitration and litigation in the financial services sector.
Anis Jabnoun; Samy Laghouati; Jean-Gabriel Flandrois
Fresenius Medical Care Deutschland
Philip Morris International Management SA
- Acting for Fresenius following claims brought before Tunisia’s Competition Council by Medicase and Maintenance Medicale, its distributors in Tunisia, alleging abusive termination.
Kammoun & Kallel
- Acted for BEST RE in an ad hoc arbitration over an insurance contract.
- Acted for NASR Contractors in an ICC arbitration with METKA in respect of a breach of a construction contract for a renewable energy project (with ENI).
- Acted for Bulk Trading in an LCIA arbitration over the termination of a contract.