Dispute resolution is a mainstay at El Ajeri Lawyers and it specialises in the full range of litigation, mediation and arbitration matters. The firm brings to bear high-level international experience, with its membership of the DLA Piper Africa alliance ensuring that it is routinely called upon to represent local and foreign clients in cross-border proceedings. It also distinguishes itself through its comprehensive sector focus, which spans the transport, retail, banking and pharmaceutical industries, among others. High-profile litigator Mohamed Lotfi El Ajeri is sought after for complex cases. Mohamed Abragh also specialises in contentious work, with a focus on international law, litigation and mediation.
Dispute resolution in Tunisia
Mohamed Abragh; Amel M’Rabet
Other key lawyers:
Mohamed Lotfi El Ajeri
‘Management of litigation cases is very complex in Tunisia. Cases and resolution takes years, despite this the team is very committed to fight for the clients’ interest and provides continuous follow up.‘
- Represented Medtronic Covidien in a dispute over the determination of the amount of Medicast’s commission for all sales of Medtronic Covidien products in Tunisia.
- Represented ECA Services in a case alleging the unfair termination of a service contract in favour of a competitor.
- Represented Intercosmetic Distribution in a case concerning the breach of an exclusive distribution contract in Tunisia.
Eversheds El Heni (a member of Eversheds Sutherland)'s 'professional, available and courteous' team is a popular choice for sophisticated contentious matters. A strong performer in cross-border litigation and arbitration, the firm represents a raft of multinational and regional clients in strategic cases, as well as in smaller day-to-day matters. Farès Koussay El Heni remains a key contact for global clients, including Roche, Manpower and General Electric. Raouf El Heni has vast experience acting for insurance companies in contentious matters and recently represented BIAT Insurance in a string of cases.
Farès Koussay El Heni; Raouf El Heni
‘Professional, available and courteous, all team members are specialized in a specific field, there will always be a listening ear and a prompt response whether from the managing partners themselves or from the rest of the team.’
General Electric Healthcare
- Advised the Government of Libya on arbitration matters.
- Advised Nokia on various litigation matters across several areas of law, including commercial law, civil law, and international law.
- Advised Turkish Airlines on over 30 strategic litigation matters.
Global Lawyers North Africa in partnership with Gide Loyrette Nouel leverages its extensive international work to focus on litigation with a cross-border element. The team frequently represents global clients in their local contentious work, including BPCE, Merck and ABB. The group also retains strong referral links with major international law firms and often works alongside firms based in the US, Europe and Africa. Anis Jabnoun handles a wide mix of contentious matters, including commercial disputes, bankruptcy proceedings and competition cases. Associate Mohamed Essid is noted for his litigation focus.
Anis Jabnoun; Samy Laghouati; Jean-Gabriel Flandrois; Mohamed Essid
‘They have a very professional team of lawyers and the positive results in the cases are always assured.’
Fresenius Medical Care Deutschland
MCR OIL TOOLS
Abdelly & Chaary and Partner Law Firm
Abdelly & Associates shines in energy, construction and insurance disputes, with a proven track record in representing multinational companies in litigation, mediation and arbitration. The firm also fields a robust employment practice, which specialises in advising global employers on contentious matters. Samir Abdelly is particularly sought after for oil and gas disputes.
Samir Abdelly; Cyrine Attia; Fatma Abdallah
SINOCHEM HOLDINGS CORPORATION
BEST RE INSURANCE
Société Tunisienne de Banque
GROUPE LA CARTE
MOBILE POWER SYSTEMS
NOVA SCOTIA BANK
SW SUPPORT (aircraft spare parts supplier)
GSG LTD (on-line gambling)
GREATWALL DRILLING COMPANY
EUROMINES OIL & GAS
ENERGEAN OIL & GAS
DUNDEE BANK CORPORATION
CHINA DEVELOPMENT BANK
- Represented Tunis Bay Golf Alliance Project in litigation and arbitration stemming from a shareholder dispute.
- Successfully represented Sumitomo in a competition dispute relating to a contract termination.
- Represented BEST RE in high-value litigation against an insurance company.
Kammoun & Kallel
Kammoun & Kallel has a strong record in representing local and international clients in contentious construction cases, particularly those involving the energy industry. Other sector sweet spots include insurance and tourism. Mohamed Kammoun heads the practice and is well versed in commercial litigation and arbitration.
- Represented the Tunisian branch of Malaysia’s BEST RE group in arbitration proceedings.
- Advised TotalEnergies on several commercial disputes before Tunisian courts.
- Represented several clients, including construction company Acoserv, in high-value breach of contract claims relating to the Nawara gas pipeline project.