Data protection in Taiwan
Formosan Brothers Attorneys at Law assists clients with GDPR compliance and reviews data protection procedures for multinational companies. Yvonne Lin has extensive experience in the pharmaceuticals sector, particularly with data protection in the context of clinical trials, and the team more broadly has experience of data protection in the technology sector.
Other key lawyers:
- Assisted a Germany-based manufacturer of chemical compounds with compliance on data protection legislation.
- Assisted a technology company with the legality of transferring employee data to China.
- Assisted a cosmetics chain with the transfer of client data following the split of a joint venture.
- Assisted a transport company wishing to broadcast clips filmed on its buses in relation to its clients’ and personnel’s right to privacy.
Guo Ju Law Firm
Guo Ju Law Firm has an established full-service data protection practice, which handles consulting services and employee training, and is regularly involved in investigations and other contentious matters. The team handles complex and high-profile domestic cases, such as work for a provider of services to Taiwan's Department of Health in an investigation by the Department of Investigation Technology and work for Taiwanese government agencies. Key contacts include Paul Chu, Lily Chien, and Ingrid Tsai, who specialises in the management of personal data.
Paul Chu; Ingrid Tsai
Ministry of Economic Affairs
Development and Evaluation Commission, Executive Yuan
Ministry of Finance
National Taxation Bureau of each Area, Ministry of Finance
Health Promotion Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare
Ministry of the Interior
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd
The Bankers Association
Taiwan Power Company
- Acted as legal consultant for Wise Company, which handles informatics for Taipei City Department of Health, and defended it in an investigation into a personal data breach.
- Consulted on cyber-security for Chunghwa Telecom.
- Advised on the Executive Yuan of Taiwan’s plan to establish an information security management system.