Public procurement in Sweden
Public procurement specialist BOKWALL RISLUND advises a client list of key suppliers to the public sector on large-scale contracts. Highly regarded practice head Carl Bokwall and key partners Per-Owe Arfwedson and Lina Håkansson Kjellén regularly advise on procurements involving communications infrastructure (including fibre optic networks), IT platforms, healthcare services, facility-management services and transport infrastructure. The team also handles public procurement litigation, with recent instructions involving challenges to direct awards and framework agreements before the Administrative Court.
‘Senior staffing and great knowledge of the industry sectors they work with make them stand out. As a client you get great availability with partner attention in a hands-on format.‘
‘The business model the company uses in combination with knowledgeable employees who work according to the business model makes them unique.‘
‘The practice has a wide and deep knowledge of public procurement legislation and procedures. There are a few firms in Sweden with this capability and capacity. Furthermore, through their experience they can quickly analyse and see what opportunities a situation offers.‘
‘They are specialised in public procurement and the lawyers are market leaders.‘
‘Carl Bokwall and Lina Håkansson Kjellén make up an excellent team. They have worked together for many years and supplement each other well. They have a strong commitment in the cases they take on and are very thorough in their legal investigations. This combined with an in-depth knowledge of public procurement make them a winning team.‘
‘With his senior knowledge, Carl Bokwall plays a central role in both analysing and putting together the team that responds to the need at hand.‘
‘Per-Owe Arfwedson is very experienced and understands the legal situation and complexity quickly. He always gives me stringent answers with hands-on advice.‘
‘Lina Håkansson Kjellén is very proficient and pedagogical, and is clear in her explanations and answers.‘
‘It is a pure pleasure to work with them!‘
‘Carl is a charismatic and pragmatic lawyer with excellent business skills. He is quick and is generally one step ahead of everyone else. To us he is more of a business and strategic advisor.‘
‘Lina Håkansson Kjellén is very sharp, analytical and an excellent writer. She will always get the work done.‘
Textilia Tvätt & Textilservice
Bausch & Lomb Nordic
Cambio Healthcare Systems
- Assisted Cambio Healthcare Systems with securing a SEK2.7bn contract for an information support system servicing 50% of the councils and regions in Sweden.
- Advised RaySearch Laboratories in challenging the direct award of a SEK350m contract regarding radiation therapy equipment to the new university hospital Karolinska Solna.
- Acted for Frösunda Omsorg in a major lawsuit following the rescinding of a public contract for the operation of a home for elderly persons with dementia. Also handled a subsequent suit for damages.
With ‘absolute expertise and comprehensive knowledge’ of public procurement law, Fredrik Linder, who leads the group at Advokatfirman Schjødt, acts for a substantial list of suppliers in sectors including the transport, construction, medtech and telecoms industries. As well as advising on the bidding process, the team also handles public procurement disputes concerning breaches of contract, damages and challenges to tender awards. The team also provides strategic advice to a number of contracting authorities and regularly consults on legislative amendments.
‘A great team which provides high availability, reliable answers and good advice. You can always trust them.‘
‘The team is very knowledgeable and service minded with a very good understanding of the challenges we have in our tender business.‘
‘Fredrik Linder has a comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare industry and an excellent knowledge of public procurement law.‘
‘I engage Schjødt in contract law and public procurement matters. The counsels I use show a very high competence in their respective areas of law with a really good understanding of the business I work in. They are skilled in integrating the legal matters in a commercial context and are highly available.‘
‘They understand what we need and despite very short notice in some cases they always come back with an answer and support.‘
- Assisted Keolis with the bidding phase of a public procurement regarding a €300m transport contract with Region Jönköping County.
- Successfully advised AGA/Linde in the bidding phase of a public procurement by Region Stockholm regarding a €10m healthcare contract.
- Represented Tele2 in court proceedings against the Government Offices of Sweden regarding a public procurement for telecom services.
Cirio Advokatbyrå AB advises contracting authorities and suppliers of defence, life sciences, construction, aviation and financial management services on the full scope of public procurement issues. The team handles the bidding process, tender negotiations and disputes relating to tender appeals and damages claims. Eva-Maj Mühlenbock heads up the practice, and Olof Hallberg is noted for his expert knowledge of public procurement legislation in the water, energy, transport and postal services sectors.
‘A very skillful and experienced team with great knowledge about our core business. Constructive and open minded in order to find solutions, not obstacles.‘
‘Well-informed lawyers with vast experience of complex cases gives them an edge.‘
‘Eva-Maj Mühlenbock is one of the best procurement lawyers in Sweden. Very skilful and experienced.‘
‘Highly skilled lawyers with vast experience of complex cases.‘
Lernia Utbildning AB
- Represented Försvarets Materielverk, the public body covering aerospace and defence, in a damages case against a supplier.
- Represented Marfina in public procurement litigation against Stockholm Municipality concerning a contract for the provision of bikeshare systems.
Headed by Peter Forsberg and Joakim Lavér, the public procurement group at Hannes Snellman counts a number of big-ticket contracting authorities on its client list, particularly in the public transport sector. The practice also represents multinational clients in judicial review challenges and other litigation proceedings, with recent cases involving procurement contracts in the pharmaceuticals and medtech sectors. Local authorities and suppliers also instruct the team to handle negotiations for waste management services, IT systems and public leisure utilities.
“The team has a particular strength in handling complex procurement projects in the public transport sector.”
“Hannes Snellman has a strong and skilled team within public procurement, with a great ability to combine deep academic knowledge with hands-on business-related advice.”
“The team is very qualified, experienced and customer focused.”
“Team head Joakim Lavér belongs to the very top level of the public procurement community in Sweden.”
“Partner Joakim Laver is very knowledgeable and experienced in his field; very easy to work with, with great ability to give business-related advice.”
“Associate Saara Ludvigsen is a strong adviser.”
“The individuals are among the best and most experienced lawyers in Sweden for public procurement.”
‘I appreciate Joakim Lavér for his balanced and highly useable advice based on long and deep experience. He is also always accessible.‘
AB Storstockholms Lokaltrafik
Telia Sverige AB
Public Art Agency Sweden
LM Information Delivery
ConvaTec Sweden AB
- Advising Storstockholms Lokaltrafik (the Stockholm Regional Public Transport Authority) on the procurement of bus transport contracts valued at SEK31bn.
- Advising Telia Sverige on the procurement of telecoms contracts, including a related review conducted by an association of local authorities.
- Represented GlaxoSmithKline in court proceedings regarding the procurement of a vaccine, challenging the contracting authority’s decision not to open the procurement up for competition.
The extensive team of public procurement professionals at Advokatfirman Kahn Pedersen KB is a leader for high-profile litigation, particularly regarding the energy, water and public transport sectors; practice co-heads Kristian Pedersen and Erik Olsson frequently represent both suppliers and contracting authorities. The team routinely handles the breadth of non-contentious issues including strategic bidding advice, tender policy formulations, frameworks and ongoing project support. Senior associate Olle Lindberg is noted for his broad skill set and is experienced in review proceedings before the Swedish courts.
‘We appreciate the commitment to our goals and interests in all aspects of our cases. We always get quick responses to our questions. The practice has deep knowledge in public procurement and understanding of the conditions we are working in. They are capable of thinking outside the box to create creative solutions to complex situations concerning public procurement law.‘
‘Provides answers that can be easily understood by in-house business people. Has insight into a wide range of public procurement areas. You always feel confident as an in-house lawyer that they know what they are talking about.‘
‘Kristian Pedersen is very service minded, friendly and pedagogic. Very sharp!‘
‘Erik Olsson is a very competent lawyer in public procurement. We appreciate his capability to find new ways of applying the public procurement law and thus developing the application of the law.‘
‘Kristian Pedersen is pragmatic and solutions driven but not afraid of saying when something is problematic. Easy to work with- he quickly understands the issues and the problems.‘
‘Kristian Pedersen is always quick to answer, very accurate and a true professional. He adds great value to us.‘
The Government offices of Sweden
Tekniska verken i Linköping AB
Vossloh Nordic Switch Systems
Skellefteå Kraft AB
HBV Husbyggnadsvaror Förening
- Advising The Swedish Fortifications Agency on all matters concerning public procurement including recently handling on-site IT services.
- Represented Tekniska Verken i Linköping in a landmark case before the Supreme Court concerning the applicability of EU principles for Swedish procurements.
- Represented energy infrastructure supplier NKT in a dispute with Vattenfall concerning the opposing party’s procurement of a framework agreement for the delivery of distribution cables.
Advokatfirman Lindahl KB’s substantial team of public procurement experts advises a notable roster of municipalities and publicly owned companies on the full procurement lifecycle, from drafting tenders to representation in court proceedings. Recent matters saw Anders Nilsson, practice head Henrik Seeliger and associate Hanna Lundqvist (all based in Gothenburg) handling the procurement of waste-management services, public transportation, harbour projects and public housing. Uppsala-based Hugo Norlén is a go-to name for high-value damage disputes and Annika Andersson is a highly praised associate in Malmö.
‘It is a large firm with many associates, providing a large resource pool when required.‘
‘I was impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, speed, the late hours they put in when it was needed and still always with a smile!‘
‘Excellent skills, excellent business knowledge, and a quick delivery.‘
‘Anders Nilsson is a recognised thought leader in the public procurement scene and our main contact person. He is pleasant, knowledgable and provides excellent support.‘
‘Annika Andersson is highly skilled within procurement and has huge experience. Her ability to see through issues before they become a problem is of great value to us.‘
‘Annika Andersson is fantastic. She is professional, with substantial knowledge of public procurement. She worked with great speed and made me feel safe. She and Hanna Wackå put in many late hours when it was needed- but always, always with a smile!‘
‘Henrik Seeliger and Hanna Lundqvist have excellent skills, excellent business knowledge and high availability.‘
‘Johanna Näslund shows great commitment and in-depth expertise in all issues and problems that we discuss together. She shows an understanding of complexities and instils great confidence in her and the firm’s competence in the field.‘
NCC Sverige AB
NCC Industry AB
Kalmar Vatten AB
Kalmar kommun (Municipality of Kalmar)
Upplands Lokaltrafik AB
Ystad kommun (Municipality of Ystad)
Svalöv kommun (Municipality of Svalöv)
Borlänge kommun (Municipality of Borlänge)
- Advised Hallandstrafiken on the procurement of a 10-year agreement for public bus transportation in Halland county.
- Advising Kalmar Vatten on the procurement of a new sewage treatment facility.
- Successfully represented several Skåne municipalities as owners of waste-management company SYSAV in a dispute against the Swedish Competition Authority concerning a review of the client’s exemption from procurement law.
Mannheimer Swartling’s public procurement practice advises various administrative bodies on procurements and PPP negotiations for transportation services, IT systems, infrastructure projects and medical services. As a leading firm for corporate transactions, the group often assists with the restructuring of businesses with a core portfolio of publicly procured contracts. Practice head Johan Carle and Sven Vaxenbäck assist with review procedures and other tender disputes, and provide advice on investigations by the Swedish Competition Authority into alleged breaches of procurement law.
‘The team has a high degree of availability and delivers according to what has been agreed on.‘
‘A highly skilled and professional team.‘
‘Excellent quality, very diligent, conscientious and always delivers on time.‘
Region of Stockholm
The Swedish Transport Administration
Region of Västra Götaland
The Swedish State
Municipality of Sollentuna
Municipality of Härnösand
- Advising the Swedish Transport Administration on the integration of the ERTMS traffic-management system.
- Advising the Region of Stockholm on its procurement of transportation services by boat in the Stockholm archipelago.
- Represented the Region of Stockholm in three parallel review procedures regarding the procurement of IT services.
Setterwalls’ public procurement team acts for suppliers and contracting authorities; for the latter, Martin Levinsohn and practice head Ulf Djurberg recently advised councils and public utilities clients on the procurement of IT systems, waste management facilities, energy infrastructure and consultancy services. Contentious issues for the team typically involve handling review procedures for award decisions, with recent mandates involving tenders in the construction and outdoor advertising sectors.
‘Good time management, a professional approach and excellent quality.‘
Stockholms läns landsting (Stockholm County Council)
Borås Energi och Miljö AB
IVO (Swedish health and social care Inspectorate)
The Swedish Government
Riksbanken (The Central Bank)
AP 7 (Pension fund no 7)
AP 4 (Pension fund no 4)
HiQ International AB
Svenska Kraftnät (Swedish National Grid)
- Advising Stockholms läns landsting (Stockholm County Council) on the procurement of a core digital system for healthcare operations.
- Advising Borås Energi och Miljö on the procurement of supply contracts for the establishment of an environment and energy centre.
- Providing continuous advice to ApoEx, a provider of IT services, on the company’s various tenders and appeals.
The public procurement experts at Advokatfirman Vinge are frequently instructed on review and damages litigation for high-profile suppliers of energy, IT systems, healthcare services, transport and telecoms infrastructure, with Jerker Alm and Ann Hofling Johansson (based in Malmö and Gothenburg respectively) key names in the team. Daniel Wendelsson leads the practice from Stockholm and advises suppliers and contracting authorities on the entire procurement process and M&A-related due diligence. The firm also has a presence in Brussels under Martin Johansson, who provides strategic advice on procurement mandates, which are subject to EU law.
‘I have worked with Anna Hofling Johansson, who has provided a very professional yet personal service. I fully trust her advice.‘
Mekonomen Fleet AB
MECA Sweden AB
DAB Dental AB
Lyreco Sverige AB
- Represented Depona in a review case against the Swedish National Library concerning the validity of a contract between the Swedish National Library and the Swedish National Archives.
- Represented DAB Dental in a review case against the County Council of Kronober concerning the procurement of dental supplies.
- Assisted Swedish energy company Ellevio with the SEK1bn procurement of automatic systems for electricity metering.
AG Advokat assists its client base of construction and real estate tenderers on the entire stage of the public procurement process, from bidding strategy and negotiations to appeals. Practice head Liselott Fröstad and Viktoria Edelman recently advised on projects involving the redevelopment of public infrastructure, the delivery of mobility systems and mixed-use developments.
‘I have been working with Liselott Fröstad for many years, and she always delivers outstanding results. When she picks a team from other employees, they are always well chosen with regards to competence needed for the task.‘
- Assisting Itinera with the tender contract with the Swedish Transport Administration for the Skurubron bridge project.
- Assisted YIT with the procurement process relating to the Henriksdal wastewater treatment plant.
- Advising Thyssenkrupp Elevator Sverige on the tender process with several public authorities for the delivery of mobility systems.
The public procurement team at Advokatfirman Cederquist KB advises on the entire procurement process, from bidding negotiations and contract management to review procedures and other related litigation before the Swedish courts. Practice head Annika Blomqvist recently advised suppliers in the IT, healthcare, medtech, transport and construction sectors; she took over the role from Mikael Engström, who moved in-house.
‘Cederquist has deep knowledge of Swedish public procurement law and is pragmatic, creative and easy to work with. Their creative side surpasses every other firm I’ve worked with. From a business-oriented view, working with public procurement, there is none better than the team at Cederquist.‘
‘The lawyers that I worked with at Cederquist are forward looking, progressive and specialised. Their strengths are that they are responsive, up to date on practices and always available.‘
‘The public procurement team at Cederquist stands out for being service minded, high spirited and always willing to listen.‘
‘They are fully available and open minded.‘
5 High Innovations
Chas Visual Management
- Representing YrkesAkademin in two review procedures against Arbetsförmedlingen (the Swedish Public Employment Services).
- Successfully represented Nordic Camping in review proceedings and settlements regarding the municipality of Simrishamn’s procurement of camping concessions.
- Advised Green Landscaping on public procurement issues for its acquisition of Svensk Markservice, which holds a portfolio of public contracts.
Practice head Elisabeth Eklund and senior associate Martin Bogg are a key part of Advokatfirman Delphi’s public procurement team, and receive instructions relating to tender disputes and damages litigation from suppliers of construction, telecoms and pharmaceuticals services. The client roster also includes municipalities and other public bodies; Christian Härdgård is a key contact and advises on procurement strategies, ongoing contractual support and contentious matters.
‘Very high competence in public procurement with a service-minded approach.‘
‘Was successful in the two appeals we made. To-the-point advice with focus on what is essential.‘
‘Martin Bogg is a great contact who always put his time and effort in to our tasks. I would say that we feel prioritised when contacting Martin and he also handles our tasks in a fast and efficient way.‘
‘Service minded and easy to work with. They understand our business.‘
‘Martin Bogg is quick, efficient and provides relevant advice.‘
Fresenius Kabi AB
Municipality of Katrineholm
Ework Group AB
Svenska vårdfastigheter AB (Magnolia group)
Tele2 Sverige AB
Municipality of Karlstad
Municipality of Malmö
Akademiska Hus AB
- Advised Roche on numerous procurements of pharmaceutical products.
- Represented the municipality of Katrineholm in a damages case concerning the interpretation of public procurement legislation.
- Advised construction company Svenska Vårdfastigheter on several joint projects with various municipalities.
Eversheds Sutherland’s public procurement team assists suppliers in the utilities, infrastructure, pharmaceuticals and IT sectors. Group co-heads Richard Jacobsson and principle associate Johan Kennemyr provide a solid mix of advisory support on tender processes and representation in contentious matters involving awards challenges and damages issues. Further recent mandates for the team included handling numerous judicial reviews before the Administrative Court involving defence and transportation contracts.
Safran Electronics & Defense SAS
Aspen Pharma Ireland Ltd
American Express Global Business Travel AB
Linxon Sweden AB
GRK Infra AB
ILT Inläsningstjänst AB
Heda Skandinavien AB
Sectra Sverige AB
ENACO Sverige AB
- Acted for US IT client InterSystems in a judicial review concerning the SEK2.7bn procurement of an IT system for Swedish hospitals.
- Represented Safran Electronics & Defence in numerous judicial reviews concerning defence contracts.
- Providing public procurement advice to Sectra Sverige, a developer and supplier of solutions for medical IT and cybersecurity.
Foyen Advokatfirma provides 'service-minded and business-oriented' procurement advice to a client list of contracting authorities including municipalities, county councils and public housing companies. Practice co-heads Per-Ola Bergqvist and John Hane routinely assist with drafting procurement provisions and tender documents for mid-scale construction, redevelopment, renovation and rail projects. Recent contentious matters involved defending clients against appeals of contracting awards and the imposition of fines under the Public Procurement and Public Concessions Act.
‘The firm has a very deep knowledge and practical understanding of public procurement and construction.‘
‘A very good law firm. We get what we want and with very high quality. They have a high knowledge of our business and can quickly help with our legal problems.‘
‘We feel very privileged and treated with great respect from the whole team. It feels like their staff is part of our staff.‘
‘Per-Ola Bergqvist is always very accommodating and caring that we always get the right service and input, within the right time.‘
‘Per-Ola Bergqvist is one of the absolutely most outstanding lawyers in Sweden within the area of public procurement. I know, because I’m pretty good at it myself, but he is better than me!‘
‘Per-Ola Bergqvist is a very competent person, very accessible and always makes us understand the possibilities and pitfalls of the legal issues. He is always positive, happy and attentive.‘
Bodens Energi AB
Bostads AB Mimer
Hyresbostäder i Norrköping AB
Västerviks Bostadsbolag AB
AB Bollnäs Bostäder
Sörmland Vatten och Avfall
- Drafted the contracts and procurement provisions for the Municipality of Luleå’s Östra länken 2 wastewater project.
- Drafted the procurement frameworks for a number of the Municipality of Lund’s construction projects.
- Assisted the Swedish Transport Administration with drafting contracts and tender documents for the refurbishing of a fleet of railway carriages in northern Sweden.
Since establishing Advokatfirman Fylgia KB’s public procurement department after their recent move from Hellström Law, Markus Garfvé and Fredrik Winroth have acted for a broad list of bidder clients in procurements and judicial review challenges before the Swedish authorities. Clients are fielded from diverse sectors including the taxi services, construction, logistics and defence industries. The group has a number of key municipalities and purchasers in the public healthcare and transport sectors on its roster; recent instructions saw the team advising on the procurement of catering services and hygiene products.
‘A customer-focused team with competent staff who provide answers with the right advice on difficult questions.‘
‘I consider them as taking a more strategic and business-like approach to most problems.‘
‘Marcus Garfvé has always been quick to help regardless of the size of the issue. He has always looked after our interests.‘
‘A competent team with a commercial approach.‘
‘Very highly skilled practitioners with high partner attention.‘
‘Marcus Garfvé and Fredrik Winroth show an extreme level of partner attention and a level of expertise that only a few other practitioners have in the country.‘
‘In my opinion this law firm is a very reliable and trusted partner when it comes to getting things done. They listen to you and add value when needed.‘
Cabonline Group AB
ByggPartner i Dalarna AB
- Represented Västra Götalandsregionen in a number of outsourcing operations including the tender process for hospital restaurants and the public procurement of hygiene products.
- Represented Cabonline Region Öst before the Supreme Court in a judicial review of a procurement of transport services.
- Represented logistics company Eterne in a challenge to its disqualification from the public tender for the provision of migrant shelter services.
Led by Sylvia Lindén, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton Advokat KB’s public procurement practice counts a number of significant contracting authorities from the transport, construction and infrastructure sectors on its client list, which the team advises on tender strategies across the Nordic region. Defence procurement is also a noted field of expertise, with recent defence litigation highlights involving a tender challenge before the Administrative Court. The team also recently expanded its offering with the addition of a number of senior associates from in-house roles.
‘A dedicated and available team able to resolve legal issues smoothly and proactively.‘
‘They deliver more than a normal law firm, in that sense that they work like a business partner during the tender process.‘
‘The team’s strength is listening to their clients’ needs and always giving them the best advice.‘
‘Sylvia Lindén is an outstanding lawyer with deep knowledge about the law and the needs of her clients.‘
‘Sylvia Lindén is a real business partner. She is always available to provide prompt, clear and very practical legal solutions.‘
‘Sylvia Lindén is highly qualified and probably one of the best lawyers in this competence area in Sweden. She always prioritises us as a customer and delivers in very short notice more than we can expect!‘
Keolis Sverige AB
Swedish Construction Clients’ Forum
Sandarna Transporter AB
Centrala Buss i Jämtland/Härjedalen AB
Gävle Parkeringsservice AB
Nordic Railway Construction Group
E-Schakt Entreprenad AB
Rover Infraestructuras S.A.
QSG Bevakning AB
Svenska Neoplan AB
Mando Group AB
Fastec Sverige AB
Hochtief Solutions AG Tyskland filial
Trafiksystem Väst AB
- Represented Keolis Sverige in breach of contract litigation brought by Värmlandstrafiken following the client’s termination of a contract.
- Advising Connect Bus Holding on a range of public procurement issues including a bid for bus services in Sjuhärad and Öckerö.
- Advising real estate company Järfällahus on a range of procurement matters including its procurement strategy for a new IT system.
Morvarid Dorkhan Nilsson heads up the public procurement practice at Magnusson Advokatbyrå, which has a focus on contentious issues including acting in tender award appeals and damages claims for suppliers and issuers. The client roster features noteworthy names in the construction, life sciences, healthcare and telecoms sectors; the group also assists several municipalities with tendering processes and contractual negotiations.
‘Great service with a personal touch. Easily accessible expertise.‘
‘Magnusson seems to have a unique understanding between associates and partners, making the provided services outstanding.‘
‘The overall level of service is excellent and world class! Magnusson’s business acumen, industry and public procurement knowledge is both broad and deep. Response times are very short and their appropriateness of advice is very good with high morals and ethics.‘
‘Morvarid Dorkhan Nilsson and her team at Magnusson are both legally skilled and dedicated.‘
‘The representatives who worked on my case were always available. I appreciated their quick responses, at all times, to all the questions that arose and required quick answers. The representatives made me feel important.‘
‘This firm was extremely dedicated to our matter, and has been for the cases they have assisted us with. We really felt they were putting in all their efforts and knowledge to give us the best possible assistance. Apart from dedicated, they also proved to be very well educated and experienced in the kind of matters we needed assistance with. Being a lawyer myself I can tell the difference between a good law firm, and a really great one. Magnusson proved to be among the best.‘
‘Morvarid Dorkhan Nilsson has extensive top-of-the-line expertise in public procurement. I have countless reasons to trust Morvarid and her legal competence completely.‘
‘Morvarid Dorkhan Nilsson will always put the client’s best interest first and provide a swift reply to whatever legal matters regarding public procurement are at hand. She is not only very skilled within public procurement but has also a good knowledge of business law in general. On top of that she is nice and likeable. Altogether she is very professional and I often recommend her services.‘
NA Bygg Aktiebolag
Intersolia Sweden AB
Set Up AB
The municipality of Falkenberg
- Represented Bygg Aktiebolag in a tender dispute against the Sydnärkes Municipal Association for the procurement of public works.
- Representing Intersolia Sweden in a review of the Swedish Cost Guard’s award decision in a procurement regarding chemical handling systems.
- Assisted the municipality of Falkenberg with defending its award decision for the procurement of special housing for people with rare diseases.
Morris Law regularly assists suppliers in the healthcare, construction, education and life sciences sectors with strategic public procurement issues including review procedures and disputes before the courts. Practice head Roger Wier and Linda Dahlström are also instructed by municipalities and other contracting authorities to defend damages claims arising from award tenders. Newly promoted partner Martin Vildhede brings further experience across the range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
‘Morris Law’s public procurement team provides pragmatic and efficient advice regardless of difficulty. The strength of the team is its experience and expertise as well as its ability to consider both the public entity side and the supplier side (the team has unique experience from both sides). Morris is a modern challenger that delivers top quality advice 24/7.‘
‘The team’s strength is both its size and broad expertise; including members with backgrounds from both the procuring entity and the supplier/private sector side. The team covers the whole spectrum and is thus able to look at issues from both sides.‘
‘What makes them different from competitors is their competitiveness, pragmatic approach and willingness to go the extra-mile. Roger Wier is famous for finding solutions where others have failed, Martin Vildhede thinks outside the box and never gives up, and Linda Dahlström is one of the most brilliant and experienced public procurement lawyers in Sweden.‘
Eurofins Environment Testing Sweden AB
White arkitekter AB
De Grondslag B.V.
Tuve Bygg AB
Solar Sverige AB
- Represented De Grondslag — a supplier of sporting surfaces — in a public procurement dispute against Got Event alleging a breach of public procurement regulations.
- Assisting White arkitekter with extensive public procurements of architectural services.
- Acted for healthcare client Coloplast in a review procedure before the Supreme Court.
A client roster of suppliers across the life sciences, IT and infrastructure sectors instruct Roschier’s public procurement team on the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious issues. Practice head Erik Ficks advises on tender drafting, bidding strategies and contract negotiations, and also provides representation in subsequent tender appeals and damages litigation. The team also advises on the firm’s high-value M&A transactions, which involve significant public procurement portfolios.
‘Extremely fast response times, is well aware of the practice area and quickly understands the sometimes complex questions.‘
‘Down to earth and easy to chat with regarding our matters.‘
‘Friendly with a good know how in the area and always available.‘
Epic Systems Corporation
- Advising OneMed on all public procurement matters including a dispute concerning the supply of disposal goods to county hospitals.
- Represented Trygg-Hansa in the successful appeal of several cancellations of public procurement projects by a public body.
- Advising Epic Systems on the delivery of software and IT projects across Sweden.
Newly established boutique Ulfsdotter Law is led by highly regarded public procurement expert Anna Ulfsdotter Forssell, who acts for suppliers and issuers through the entire procurement phase. Clients include names in regulated sectors including the life sciences industry, and municipalities across Sweden. Recent highlights saw the team negotiating long-term agreements for the provision of vaccines and handling review procedures before the Administrative Court for high-profile names in the construction sector.
‘Excellent expertise in procurement law.‘
‘The firm possesses top-of-the-line expertise in the area of public procurement.‘
‘Has a superior knowledge of public procurement.‘
‘Anna Ulfsdotter Forssell is one of the most prominent Swedish lawyers within procurement law and together with Jonathan Wahlberg they form a powerful pair.‘
‘Anna Ulfsdotter Forssell combines her excellent knowledge in the area of public procurement with high availability and a good understanding of the client’s needs.‘
‘Anna Ulfsdotter Forssell and Jonathan Wahlberg are very quick to get into the essentials in cases. Both of them in a very easy way explain for us how to handle the case. For us they always do an excellent job!‘
‘Knowledgeable, socially skilled and with a wide network.’
Scandinavia Motor Center AB
Johnson & Johnson
- Represented Merck Sharp & Dohme in a SEK400m four-year framework agreement for the provision of HPV vaccines for the whole Swedish market.
Gothenburg-based Front Advokater handles procurement litigation and the competition aspects of public procurement under the leadership of Kaisa Adlercreutz; Robert Moldén also notably contributes to the practice. The client list comprises public bodies and contracting authorities and typical mandates pertain to tender award disputes, administrative fines and broad regulatory advice.