Advokatfirman Delphi has an expansive IT and telecoms practice spread across multiple offices and led by Agne Lindberg. Outsourcing is a core specialism of the group; Lindberg, Agnes Hammarstrand and Peter Nordbeck primarily advise buyers in highly regulated sectors including banking, insurance and public sector clients, and suppliers in the healthcare sector recently instructed the team on the delivery of patient data systems. Johan Hübner further enhances the commercial IT knowledge. The practice also provides expert advice on machine learning and AI technology, and handles major digitalisation projects, cloud computing mandates, data privacy work and licensing issues; online retailers also retain the team for advice on e-commerce regulations.
IT and telecoms in Sweden
Other key lawyers:
Agnes Hammarstrand; Peter Nordbeck; Johan Hübner
‘Approachable, available, courageous, innovative while also forensic. They don’t spin out their instructions to secure additional work.’
‘Johan Hübner leads a team that provides prompt, practical advice and support innovative solutions.’
‘Very competent law firm that understands our core business and our needs and circumstances. I feel safe with Delphi and I know I can trust them.’
‘I really appreciate the fact that they have a female CEO and their equality focus. I am not afraid to ask stupid questions. I feel welcomed even though my expertise lay in other fields of the law. And mostly the questions I ask turn out to be smart in the hands of Delphi, they have a very pragmatic approach to handling our issues that I really appreciate. Very competent across the IT sector.’
‘Agnes Hammarstrand stands out as skilled and commercial, with strong track record and experience within IT, and responds quickly.’
‘Agne Lindberg is very skilled and good lawyer. He is still to be known as one of the best IT lawyers in Sweden.’
‘Good knowledge, solid advice, always take the time, always fast on delivery.’
‘Johan Hübner – Good knowledge, solid advice, always takes the time, always fast on delivery.’
Google Inc. And Google Sweden
Xerox Limited and Xerox Sverige
Primekey Solutions AB
STS Student Travel School
- Advising Cerner on the procurement of a new healthcare system for Sweden’s largest healthcare region, Stockholm, including delivery of healthcare system, implementation of the system and ongoing services for support, maintenance and hosting.
- Assisted Primekey Solutions AB with a contract with Zetes Belgium, a large systems implementation provider. The client is to provide the software, from its standard portfolio of software, for issuing of the necessary digital certificates in the national Belgian system.
- Advised Sitevision on revamping and relaunching its partner program including the necessary contract drafting, and creation of the entire programme.
Advokatfirman Kahn Pedersen KB’s digital practice head Johan Kahn works closely with the firm's top public procurement team to handle high-value IT outsourcing projects for corporate buyers, public sector clients and financial institutions. Recent deals involved digital infrastructure services, software platforms and cloud-based data management services. The team provides regulatory support on Internet of Things connectivity and machine learning processes, and leverages the Industry 4.0 taskforce, which is designed to assist industrial companies with large-scale digitisation and automation projects, a key area of expertise for Daniel Lundqvist. Legal technology officer Staffan Malmgren spearheads the development of bespoke lawtech and digital client tools, and Christian Hybbinette and his team joined from AG Advokat in 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Staffan Malmgren; Christian Hybbinette; Daniel Lundqvist
‘In-depth knowledge and understanding of both the legal and the business requirements meaning that they are able to find a practically viable solution to a legal matter.’
‘Johan Kahn is a genius at contract drafting and negotiations, in complex financial outsourcings.’
‘Kahn Pedersen is a modern, cutting-edge law firm, which has always delivered excellent results for us. Agile, pragmatic and responsive, the team is very pleasant to work with.’
‘I have worked mostly with Daniel Lundqvist, who I regard as a star within the field. He offers a complete skill-set – contract drafting, analysis, strategy, negotiation and the ability to quickly grasp complex issues and provide precise advice.’
‘Christian Hybbinette is very knowledgeable on the standard contracts that apply to our business, a very strong and unique competence in commercial contracts in Sweden.’
‘Christian Hybbinette, with his wide-ranging of experience towards industry players, is unique in the business. His key capabilities within industry contracts and knowledge of the paper industry cannot be found at any other firm in Sweden.’
Tekniska verken i Linköping AB
Academic Work AB
ISS Facility Services AB
- Assisted Invidem with strategic sourcing projects, ranging from infrastructure services to software licensing.
- Assisted Handelsbanken Liv Försäkringsaktiebolag with the sourcing of a new core system.
- Advised Fortum Group on its sourcing of Internet of Things sensors and a cloud-based data management system, including complex regulatory issues and contract negotiations.
Mannheimer Swartling’s technology and IP group is a premier name in the market for digital migration, implementation and outsourcing projects. Niklas Sjöblom is currently handling the procurement and mass rollout of ERP technology in the healthcare sector involving highly sensitive patient data issues and complex licensing negotiations. Anders Bergsten focuses on innovative work in the highly regulated banking sector, including the implementation of cutting-edge multijurisdictional payment systems, while practice leader Martin Pekkari assists with complex industrial technology projects. The team also regularly advises buyers in the public sector.
Other key lawyers:
Niklas Sjöblom; Andreas Bergsten
‘Outstanding service in terms of attention, competence and pragmatic approach. Useful hands-on advice.’
‘Very dedicated and among the strongest lawyers in their fields. Always gives great guidance on how to practically handle questions (even if the legal field is ambiguous).’
‘Great team, practical advice.’
‘An enormous commitment and deep knowledge of our industry.’
‘We used Mannheimer Swartling for a big multilateral project, involving several parties in a JV context. A three-person core team with different levels of competences was used, with added expert competences when required. This offering of different competence levels enabled easy matching of tasks during the course of the project with appropriate competence. This also opened up for very easy access to the team and sped up team responses. We also noted and appreciated that the team was gender diversified.’
‘Martin Pekkari is excellent.’
Västra götalandsregionen (Region of Western Sweden)
UAB Bité Lietuva
Stockholm County Council
Volvo Cars Corporation
- Advised Västra Götalandsregionen, a region of Western Sweden, on the highly strategic procurement of a core system for the healthcare provided within the region with a value of SEK2.1bn.
- Advised UAB Bitė Lietuva on the establishment of a network-sharing joint venture relating to the sharing of active and passive network infrastructure and transmission for 2G, 3G, 4G and, in the near future, also 5G in Lithuania and Latvia, including related disputes.
- Advised Spotify on technology and IT-related matters, national and EU privacy and data protection questions, blockchain issues, national and EU financial regulatory matters, corporate law and SPV-related matters.
The IT and telecoms practice at Setterwalls is regularly instructed on high-value, multijurisdictional outsourcing projects for a client roster comprised of established global enterprises, public sector bodies, international investors, entrepreneurs and Sweden-based start-ups. Co-head Jörgen Axelsson advises Nordic banks on blockchain technology; co-head Joacim Johannesson assists with fintech issues and tech-forward transactions alongside co-head Marc Tullgren; and co-head Fredrik Roos has expertise in data exploitation and information ownership matters. The team also advises on the procurement of healthtech systems and the related privacy issues, and regularly acts for streaming platforms, automotive companies and telecoms providers.
Fredrik Roos; Jörgen Axelsson; Marc Tullgren; Joacim Johannesson
Other key lawyers:
‘The Setterwalls team is highly professional, always alert and has kept a high performance level over time. We have without exception experienced high quality, high availability and good communication round the delivery of the services.’
‘The individuals we have worked with stand out in there professionalism, discretion and knowledge of our business insights and logic. We have especially valued Joacim Johannesson for his integrity and high-value advice on both short ad hoc questions and more in-depth, high-quality work.’
‘Niklas Follin: smart, correct and business minded. Always delivers products of high quality on time. Especially good to have by your side when things get complex. Produces excellent licensing agreements and cooperation agreements. Great skills both when it comes to healthtech and IT which makes things easier as a client.’
‘Competent and responsive team, in my experience always provides pragmatic support suited for the specific situation at hand.’
‘Fredrik Roos continues to provide tailored pragmatic advice, in my experience always finding the right balance between time/cost/quality.’
‘Setterwalls has demonstrated their knowledge by combining an understanding of the business, the industry and future aspects together with legal expertise in every area. The skills of understanding the industry means that we can discuss, decide and run our business with confidence and with minimum risks. We feel that this understanding and knowledge and the willingness to fully understand our business climate separates Setterwalls from other firms.’
Stena Line AB
Aareon Nordic AB
The Central Bank of Sweden
- Assisting The Central Bank of Sweden with a significant and highly publicised e-currency pilot case, and also on various other ongoing issues including the procurement of platforms and IT systems and cybersecurity matters.
- Assisted Novacura, a Swedish software developer with offices around the world, with drafting a complex and comprehensive agreement package for delivery of ERP systems, consultancy services and a variety of license options for the client’s system integration software.
- Advised an international telecoms operator on Internet of Things and machine-to-machine processes. The legal issues concerned the legal qualification and regulatory context of the services, and whether a license or authorisation was required.
Spread across offices in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Skåne (which are led by Eva Fredrikson, Carl Johan af Petersens and Henrik Borna respectively), Advokatfirman Vinge’s IT and telecoms practice is a go-to team for international technology, financial services, insurance, manufacturing, media and automotive companies. Petersens is a market-leading figure for major projects in the telecoms and broadcasting space; recent instructions include advising on joint ventures, Internet of Things issues and machine-to-machine regulations. The team also handles complex system procurements for major buyers, including large-scale software solutions and payment platforms; Nicklas Thorgerzon is a key contact for the latter.
Eva Fredrikson; Carl Johan af Petersens; Henrik Borna
Other key lawyers:
Nicklas Thorgerzon; Jolene Reimerson
‘Nicklas Thorgerzon is very hands-on and efficient while providing useful and valuable advice with a good commercial understanding.’
‘The IT and telecoms practice has individuals with broad and in-depth competences that spans over several sectors and industries, which safeguards our interests, no matter the industry that our customer/counter-party is active within. A one-stop shop.’
‘Apart from a broad experience from several jurisdictions, Jolene Reimerson has a unique ability to quickly understand complex deals, the client’s needs, identify the central issues and provide relevant and innovative advice. A true joy to work with.’
‘Eva Fredrikson is a skilled lawyer, very thorough and leaves nothing to chance. You can be confident that she always puts the client’s interests first.’
‘Extraordinary knowledge, great availability, quick legal guidance! Nicklas Thorgerzon is such a great lawyer.’
Vocalink (subsidiary to Mastercard)
Santander Consumer Bank
Net Insight AB
Star Stable Entertainment AB
- Advising Tele2 on its Baltic joint network cooperation with Bité.
- Advised Net Insight AB on the divestment of ultra-low latency streaming solution technology (Sye) to a Fortune 500 technology company.
- Defended major telecoms players Tele2 and Com Hem in comprehensive and complex IP litigation launched by scientific publisher Elsevier in the Swedish Patent and Market Court and the Swedish Patent and Market Court of Appeal, with Elsevier demanding extensive website blocking of scientific information.
The tech and comms group is a key team at Bird & Bird, fielding a bench of experts that provides cutting-edge advice to an international client roster. Mattias Lindberg and practice head Hans Svensson regularly handle complex commercial agreements, tech-focused M&A, digital transformation projects and outsourcing negotiations. The group also has robust regulatory knowledge of emerging technologies such as AI, fintech and the Internet of Things products. The twobirds Client Solutions platform is utilised to keep clients up to date on fast-developing legal trends.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team was flexible, skilled and pragmatic.’
‘Mattias Lindberg was very pragmatic and not too law firmy.’
AB Svensk Bilprovning
RCO Security AB
Åke Sundvall Byggnads AB
- Engaged by Atomia to handle all drafting, negotiations, as well as other strategic and legal considerations, relating to the expansion of the business.
- Handled all drafting, negotiations, as well as other strategic and legal considerations relating to AB Svensk Bilprovning’s procurement of customer communications in both physical and digital channels.
- Handled the procurement by the National Board for Consumer Disputes (a public authority owned by the Swedish State) of the outsourcing of all of its IT-services.
Advokatfirman Cederquist KB’s IP, IT and media department acts for financial services institutions, listed companies and tech-solutions providers. Practice co-head Johanna Linder and senior associate Henrik Lindstrand are advising on the purchase of AI platforms and other digital video recording services, while fellow co-head Malin Allard handles CRM system procurements and is also a go-to name for Internet of Things engagements. Information security mandates are a notable strong point for the team, providing advice to a high volume of data processor clients.
Johanna Linder; Malin Allard
Other key lawyers:
‘Cederquist has two excellent partners, Johanna Linder and Malin Allard, in their IT and telecoms practice as well as outstanding associates in this group. Both partners and the associates we have worked within this area have their own in-house experience which we have found helpful and they give pragmatic advice. The team works efficiently and seamlessly together.’
‘Johanna Linder has extensive experience within IT and telecoms, also as an in-house lawyer, and gives great advice. Malin Allard is highly experienced and pragmatic to work with. Malin’s own experience as an in-house lawyer within the IT and telecoms sector is very valuable.’
‘Extensive knowledge not only within the legal issues but the business of the IT supplier and the services provided by such supplier. Hence, the team has the capability to negotiate with such parties in their language and come up with practical solutions.’
‘Johanna Linder stands out with her great understanding of the IT sector and her ability to give practical advice to a reasonable cost.’
‘Easy to work with, also in complicated cases. Very dedicated and eager to move forward. Much experience and understanding of IT-related legal questions.’
‘They have great knowledge about the IT and telecoms industry as well as day-to-day hands-on experience from closing bid deals within the area. Given the nature of these deals and the length of the contracts, this is something that in-house peers do not do that often.’
‘The individuals at Cederquist are great to work with. Pragmatic and solution oriented. They always go the extra mile to support the customers and you can always trust that they deliver with great value. ’
Swedbank ABBillerudKorsnäs Aktiebolag
Lantmännen ek för
TV4 Media AB
Telenor Connexion AB
Föreningen Svensk Elitfotboll
Itiviti Group AB
Sopra Steria Sweden AB
Red Bee Media
The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise (Svenskt Näringsliv)
- Advised train service provider SJ on the procurement of a new inventory and ticket booking solution as SaaS.
- Advised engineering company AFRY on its sourcing of IT infrastructure.
- Advised Permobil on its global roll-out of a new ERP system.
Cirio Advokatbyrå AB’s digital synergy practice group draws on expertise from the firm's transactional and commercial groups to handle complex IT outsourcing projects for a prestigious client base. Practice head David Frydlinger, Erik Bergenstråhle, Peter Lilja and senior counsel Anders Christner recently advised both buyers and providers in the financial services, medtech and telecoms sectors. Innovative software, gaming and AI clients also engaged the firm on corporate M&A transactions, capital markets listings and reverse takeovers.
Other key lawyers:
Erik Bergenstråhle; Peter Lilja; Anders Christner
- Advised Bankgirot on its IT operations outsourcing to Evry, including drafting and negotiating the contract and advising on data privacy matters.
- Assisting CGM with the pending public procurement of a new medical journal system and related services carried out by the County Counsel of Stockholm.
- Advised Artificial Solutions and selling shareholders on Artificial Solutions’ reverse takeover of Indentive.
In Hannes Snellman’s IP and technology practice, team head Elisabeth Vestin and counsels Anna Ribenfors and Caroline Sundberg advise on a steady stream of IT outsourcing and procurement negotiations for buyers in the construction, financial services and public sectors. Multijurisdictional online retailers recently engaged the team to advise on the launch of e-commerce platforms and other digitisation projects.
Other key lawyers:
Anna Ribenforsl; Caroline Sundberg; Linn Alfredsson
‘The team has a very good mix of an experienced partner, two top counsel and various associates. Each of them seems to have special knowledge in various areas.’
‘Elisabeth Vestin is outstanding. If I was a client who needed advice in this area then I would call her by all means and at any time. One cannot think of a better lawyer. She is very focused, always business-driven and dedicated, renders pragmatic advice and is at the same time very pleasant to deal with. Caroline Sundberg and Anna Ribenfors are excellent counsel with a deep knowledge and experience in outsourcing matters, in particular in the banking sector. In my view, they also have partner profile. Linn Alfredsson has an amazing visibility in the market for an associate. She always delivers top advice in a short time.’
‘I found it very valuable that they saw the flaw in our question we put forth to them – or rather that they made us aware of parts we had not been aware of – and gave us a response given the need/background information we had given.’
‘They do not hesitate to give clear answers and do not let you wait for an answer. They also are very good at explaining why they recommend different kinds of solutions.’
‘They are hungry, quick thinkers, professional and good writers.’
AB Nordiska Kompaniet/Hufvudstaden
SAP Svenska AB
Stockholm Public Transport (SL)
Konsumentverket (the Swedish Consumer Agency)
AB Svensk Exportkredit
- Advising AB Nordiska Kompaniet/Hufvudstaden on its massive digital transformation project, including the procurement of a complete e-commerce platform for the 160 traders of the physical department store and related logistics services.
- Advising Infracapital on the acquisition of a majority stake of its public charging point operator (CPO) Fortum Recharge, a pioneering charge and drive electronic vehicle charging platform.
- Advised Ålandsbanken on drafting and negotiating an outsourcing agreement under which the client and its subsidiary Crosskey Solutions will provide a complete IT platform for the core business of AB Borgo.
Blue-chip companies in the retail, food and drink, real estate and automotive sectors regularly instruct Roschier’s digitalisation and TMT practice head Björn Johansson Heigis to handle IT procurements, joint ventures and large-scale digitisation projects, while senior associate Johan Gerhardsson recently advised e-commerce clients on commercial negotiations, and cloud services projects. On the contentious side, Erik Ficks acted for several global telecoms corporations in patent and SAP-related disputes before the Swedish courts.
Björn Johansson Heigis
Other key lawyers:
Johan Gerhardsson; Erik Ficks
‘Very knowledgeable practice, great team with broad competence and deep expertise.’
‘Excellent understanding of the industry, trends and sharing experiences. Pragmatic and business minded.’
‘The Roschier team has a lot of experience and knowledge of the IT & telecoms industry and field in Sweden.’
‘More hungry, and eager to perform than local competitors. Both in depth and broad which tailors for our needs.’
‘Eric Ficks is very business-minded, hands-on and pragmatic. Understands our business well (which is not always the case with outside counsel), and has been a perfect partner to work with.’
Epic Systems Corporation
The Astrid Lindgren Company
- Advised Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan through its Teachers’ Innovation Platform (TIP) on a Series C round investment in KRY, Europe’s largest digital healthcare provider.
- Acted for Veoneer on the split and division between the owners of the Zenuity group, a 50-50 joint venture between Veoneer and Volvo Cars focused on the development of assisted and autonomous driving software.
- Advised Bonnierförlagen and its subsidiary Bonnierförlagen Software Publishing on the commercial exploitation of a custom-made system, used by publishers to handle all information about their works.
Synch Advokat AB
Practice head Jim Runsten and Anders Hellström in Synch Advokat AB’s IT practice advise global IT providers on a large volume of outsourcing contracts, while Johan Tydén assists major telecoms conglomerates with the full-scope regulatory work. New clients for the team include e-commerce and cloud services providers, which the group assists with Nordic-wide commercial contract agreements and US data transfers. The group also collaborates with major start-up hubs and seed funds in Stockholm to assist early-stage clients with commercial requirements.
Other key lawyers:
Anders Hellström; Johan Tydén
Motion Picture Association
American Chamber of Commerce in Sweden
Advanced Stabilized Technology Group
- Retained by the American Chamber of Commerce in Sweden to review and present the impact of the so-called Cloud Act in the US.
- Retained by the Motion Picture Association to handle litigation regarding the internet blocking of infringing websites such as Pirate Bay. Obtained the first grant of a dynamic blocking order in Sweden.
- Assisting Capgemini with IT and outsourcing contracts across the Nordics.
TIME DANOWSKY Advokatbyrå AB’s digital, technology and telecoms practice includes co-head Mats Ohlén, who handles IT contracts, digitisation projects and cooperation agreements for clients in the financial services, security, life sciences and public sectors. Daniel Wåtz leads on outsourcing negotiations, while co-head Ulrika Geissler deals with outsourcings in the telecoms sector, regularly acting for telecoms operators across the Nordics.
Mats Ohlén; Ulrika Geissler
Other key lawyers:
Daniel Wåtz; Jonas Forzelius; Fredrik Ståhl
‘Very competent in their fields of law. They are able to provide short, direct, clear and concrete advice as to how we should go forward – easy to apply in reality.’
‘Jonas Forzelius is very competent, calm and gives us clear and useful advice on how to act in reality. He really understands the needs of in-house lawyers. Boutique firm with excellent knowledge in their fields of expertise.’
‘Ulrika Geissler – very knowledgeable in IT and telecoms and always giving to-the-point advice grounded in our business.’
Hoist Finance AB
AB Svenska Spel
Trafikverket (Swedish Transport Administration)
AB Kvällstidningen Expressen
Telenor Sverige AB
- Advised on a strategic full-scope IT infrastructure outsourcing project for Hoist Finance AB covering more than 10 countries.
- Advised Accenture on a global IT transformation project, including the application development and implementation, automation, application and maintenance of the infrastructure outsourcing.
- Provided legal advice to TV4 on IT infrastructure matters from a regulatory perspective, requiring both IT law and media law expertise.
Led by Thomas Nygren, Advokatfirman Schjødt’s TMT and IP department advises on a diverse range of licensing and contract drafting negotiations, including mandates relating to software developments in the fintech space. The team also advises start-ups and growth companies in the technology sector, and assists international telecoms clients with regulatory issues.
Huawei Technologies Sweden AB
A3 Allmänna IT- och Telekomaktiebolaget AB
Vermiculus Financial Technology AB
Stamina Group/Avonova Hälsa
Iver AB (former IPOnly)
XLN Audio AB
- Providing ongoing regulatory advice to Huawei in relation to EU and Swedish regulations concerning equipment delivery to telecom operators in connection with the build of new 5G networks.
- Advised AllTele in connection with its daily operations, including various regulatory and compliance matters and advised on drafting and negotiating a number of complex service provider agreements.
- Assisting Vermiculus with drafting and negotiating license, development, maintenance and support contracts in relation to Vermiculus’ prestigious clients. Provided advice in relation to drafting and negotiating a software development agreement, support and maintenance agreement and auxiliary documentation for the supply of a complete trading and clearance system to Chicago-based The Options Clearing Corporation.
Baker McKenzie has expertise in handling cross-border transactions and IPOs for notable IT and telecoms clients. Practice head Peder Oxhammar recently acted for clients in the social media, cloud computing and digital streaming industries. The practice also provides complex IT-related regulatory advice to automotive, manufacturing and broadcasting clients.
‘We’re a start-up and their uniqueness lies in their ability to manage the needs of a start-up. They have truly been great and I think working with them has been one of our best investments.’
‘Versatile, quick to respond, international.’
‘Ability to cover multiple jurisdictions while maintaining the high quality of the legal advice; one-stop-shop service in case of cross-border and international projects.’
Kry (Webbhälsa AB)
VNext (VX Fibre)
Nordic Entertainment Group
- Assisted new AI company Indivd, which provides facial recognition and analysis of data services.
- Supporting Terranet on its collaboration deals with several of the major mobile phone manufacturers as well as network and technology companies.
- Advising directory service company ENIRO on a range of issues including commercial contracts, IT contracts, licensing issues and data privacy work.
Recent mandates for DLA Piper’s IT and telecoms practice saw the team advising on IT contract negotiations, app sale and licensing agreements, B2C divestments and the implementation of SAP systems. The group's client portfolio includes app and software developers, private equity funds and financial institutions. Sanna Lundkvist leads the team; Mikael Moreira and newly promoted partner Anna Jussil Broms are key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Mikael Moreira; Anna Jussil Broms
‘The team has in-depth knowledge of the legal framework and specific laws applicable in Sweden. With their great community of lawyers across the world, they stay up to date on international developments and can provide knowledge from e.g. the UK market. This means that clients can receive prudent and business-oriented advice. The senior lawyers are very experienced and business minded.’
‘Anna Jussil Broms is experienced and knowledgeable. Even though she may conduct a full legal assessment, she knows what advice the client is looking for and can identify the overall risks. She pays high attention to the clients and provides quick responses. With her network within DLA Piper, she provides great value to businesses making important decisions.’
‘Partner Anna Jussil Broms is very nice to work with, she is very confident at understanding the legal issues in our business, she gives direct and practical advice that gives us a clear understanding of how to mitigate risks in our business.’
‘Service-minded team with a deep knowledge of the modern laws within GDPR and third-party data. Effective and fast moving.’
‘Understanding of the new world and the new challenges that the traditional businesses are facing. Genuine care about their clients and their needs.’
Gaming Innovation Group
Apple Tree Productions
Baffin Bay Networks
Black Spark Film och TV
Brand New Content
Commercial Sports Media
The General Electric Company
The ICA group of companies
The International Biathlon Association
Office IT Partner Group
Silver Spring Media
- Advised EQT on its investment in growth company Peltarion, a high-end artificial intelligence platform with offices in Stockholm and London.
- Advising Learrocket Production on the sale and licensing of its charter app system that includes a smartphone application for end users available via App Store and Google Play, and an admin mobile application including a cloud-based server platform for the administration of flight bookings and related services.
- Advising AFAFörsäkring, the leading Sweden-based life and health insurer, on data privacy issues.
Martin Gynnerstedt spearheads Advokatfirman Fylgia KB’s commercial technology practice, with key areas of expertise including partnership agreement negotiations, outsourcing agreements, SaaS procurements and regulatory guidance pertaining to telecoms, AI, cloud services and big data products. Filip Åhsberger is a key associate in the team, lending support across the breadth of instructions.
Other key lawyers:
Egencia Sweden AB
SEB Pension & Försäkring AB
Skandinaviska Kreditfonden AB
Hogan Lovells International LLP
HH Partners OY
- Advised ID06 AB on several legal risk assessments regarding the development of new IT services for the construction industry.
- Advised Egencia Sweden AB on several major agreement negotiations of strategic importance.
- Advised Funnel AB with regards to its SaaS offering to the market.
IT-Lawyers in Sweden
IT-Lawyers in Sweden is highly specialised in the IT field, and provides services to a number of Sweden-based corporate entities spanning the automotive, hotel, healthcare and retail sectors. Group co-heads Mats Hansson and associate Frida Bengtsson advise on outsourcing agreements, IT-related M&A, blockchain regulations, SaaS agreements and the breadth of related commercial activity. Hansson also assists with the procurement and implementation of complex facility management services.
Mats Hansson; Frida Bengtsson
‘A very personal and highly engaged law firm. You know they will deliver what you asked for, in time and on budget.’
‘Always there with the right competence. You can reach out with any problem and they will help you out in a familiar way.’
‘A great combination of deep legal expertise with IT, SaaS, outsourcing, supplier management coupled with a very commercial and practical approach. Seeks to understand your business, and advise in the most beneficial way for your business, taking a broad commercial perspective.’
‘Excellent team, and deep involvement from Mats Hansson who is a leading IT lawyer in Sweden.’
‘Small and dedicated team with high industry expertise. Efficient and to-the-point advice.’
‘Mats Hansson is extremely experienced and solution focused. He has an impressive breadth in his skills. Frida Bengtsson is a highly ambitious and skilled young lawyer with a great attention to details and an avid writer.’
‘Mats Hansson, having vast industry experience, show deep understanding of any commercial challenge that may arise.’
‘I have worked mainly with Frida Bengtsson and Mats Hansson. Two very knowledgeable and competent lawyers.’
Braathens Regional Airlines
- Drafted and negotiated Stendi’s contract with its new main IT operations supplier.
- Re-negotiated the contract for Ambea’s payroll and human resources system with its system IT supplier, Visma Enterprise.
- Assisted Scandinavian Airlines with compliance matters related to GDPR.
Helena Rönqvist leads the IT and telecoms practice at Magnusson Advokatbyrå, and recently secured a number of noteworthy mandates including cloud service agreements involving sensitive patient data, IT outsourcing transactions for infrastructure clients, IT system procurement work for technology companies, and IT contract renewals for insurance companies. The group also handles technology transfer agreements for a roster of professional services, retail and public sector clients.
Smilegate Holdings Inc
Törngren Magnell & Partners Advokatfirma KB recently expanded its IT and telecoms practice under the leadership of Fredrik Gustafsson. Key areas of work for the team include handling commercial IT agreements for industrial, financial services and alternative funding clients, and assisting with supplier-side outsourcing negotiations for medtech companies. The team is also engaged in investment and cooperation projects for digital healthcare providers and acts on SaaS implementation projects for engineering clients.
‘They have a deep understanding and knowledge and can relate to other types of solutions. They are also down to earth, easy going, adaptable and very nice to be around.’
‘Service minded to the customer. Taking responsibility. Gives a more personal touch. Experienced legal advice in a transparent and effective manner.’
‘Concise and pragmatic yet down-to-earth and very good understanding of the business perspective. The support provided is always with made with our specific business in mind.’
‘Availability and response times are exceptionally good.’
‘Fredrik Gustafsson really sets the tone for his team. His calm and humble way of delivering deep knowledge based on his experience about quite complicated matters is really impressive. The input from the team has provided us with a new way to look at risk and to mitigate risk in new contracts.’
LRF Samköp AB
Posti Group Oy
- Advising Apotekek, Sweden’s leading state-owned pharmaceuticals retailer, on its investment and cooperation with digital healthcare provider Doktor24.
- Advising a premier Swedish bank on technology-related matters, including advice on IT, IP, GDPR and regulatory matters as well as consumer law.
- Advising Posti Group on its acquisition of Aditro Logistics Holding, including IP, IT and GDPR matters.
Wistrand’s technology, media and telecoms practice includes group co-heads Magnus Forssman and Erik Ullberg, who are based in Stockholm and Gothenburg respectively. Typical mandates for the team include cross-border outsourcing deals, IT procurement negotiations, system integrations, regulatory advice, technology transfers and M&A support; the department also advises on software and hardware agreements for autonomous driving technology companies. The client roster is comprised of a mix of purchasers and IT suppliers.
Magnus Forssman; Erik Ullberg
‘I would emphasise the importance of the work that Magnus Forssman at Wistrand delivers to us. He supports our business with his great knowledge and availability. Above all he has the personality and skills to handle all types of customers and their representatives within negotiations. Magnus is a big part of our success of creating a close partnership fast with new customers.’
‘Wistrand has done a great job in assisting us in different matters, ranging from smaller specific questions to handling major business-critical contract negotiations. Always balancing risks, costs and our business perspective. Their great knowledge and supportive and communicative ways are a great fit for our company.’
‘Excellent advice, very commercial and practical. Always prompt and clear advice on complex issues. They are very quick to adapt to any innovation or change in process introduced by the client. Excellent knowledge of the sector and the needs of clients.’
‘They understand my problems and my industry. They always, have/find time to help me.’
Schibsted Media Group
The Swedish Hockey League (SHL)
Rite Internet Ventures
Skincity Sweden AB
- Advised Einride on several agreements with suppliers of software and hardware within the autonomous driving technology and remote control sectors (including 5G).
- Advised Atea on the public procurement of data centre services, including server, storage, network, telecoms and the related hardware and software services.
- Advised Dustin on its transition from a manual to a fully automated warehouse.
Com Advokatbyrå's IT and telecoms practice handles a mix of contentious and non-contentious instructions, received from a client portfolio spanning start-ups and larger domestic corporate clients. Practice head Jesper Lindfors is currently engaged on outsourcing contract negotiations, standard procurement contracts and contract disputes concerning the development of web services.
Foyen Advokatfirma’s IT and new technologies team is a go-to name for construction, real estate and energy clients, as well as start-ups in the technology sector. Joint practice heads Sara Malmgren, Andreas Lindström and Oscar Wackling regularly advise on complex IT cooperation agreements, digitisation initiatives, licensing matters, GDPR work and other regulatory issues.
Sara Malmgren; Andreas Lindström; Oscar Wackling
‘We’ve always received swift, and very competent guidance on all our questions, across a broad variance of topics when contacting Foyen (Sara Malmgren in particular). What I also appreciate a lot is the proactive outreach from Foyen about things we should be aware of (e.g., legislative changes / new proxy court cases that impact our business).’
‘The individuals we work with have a very good understanding of our company and our industry, that is hard to find from other providers since we’re in quite a niche part of the IT industry.’
‘They are competent, swift in their replies and very approachable for deeper discussions when necessary. I only have good things to say about my collaboration with Foyen.’
Netnod Internet Exchange i Sverige AB
Mild Media AB
Tentixo NG AB
Kraftringen Energi AB
Net at Once Sweden
- Assisting Netnod with all ongoing legal matters, such as negotiating and drafting technically complex agreements related to its services within IT and internet infrastructure, and advising on compliance matters.
- Assisting Mild Media with all legal issues including commercial agreements, GDPR, IT-related law, licensing work and trade mark matters.
- Assisting Region Halland with the procurement and negotiation of an agreement regarding the building of a regional electronic communications network.
Advokatfirman Lindahl KB’s TMT practice advises predominantly domestic clients (including public sector bodies) on IT and software-related outsourcing projects and negotiations. Practice head Cecilia Rehn is a key name for technology development and licensing agreements, e-commerce system implementations and mobile healthtech application launches, providing regulatory advice. Johan Herrström, Gabriel Svedberg and Mats Tindberg are also key members of the team.
Other key lawyers:
Johan Herrström; Gabriel Svedberg; Mats Tindberg
‘They have a good understanding of how the business works and how our agreement structure is set up. It doesn’t take them much time to understand what you want them to do.’
‘Accessible, fast in response and delivers quality on time.’
‘The go-to place in Sweden for technology M&A and IT projects. Industrial experience and commercial sense that is seldom found in law firms in Sweden.’
‘Within technology transactions and IT projects I believe there is currently no other at the same level, at least if the project is performed or overseen by Gabriel Svedberg. Everything is always delivered in time, often bundled with skilled strategic advice.’
‘The star of the team is Gabriel Svedberg. Stands out with his extreme competence and industrial knowledge paired with ability to give strategic advice.’
‘Truly flexible and pragmatic. All responses delivered very fast, high attention. Very warm people with helpful attitude and heart.’
‘The team has an exceptional availability and willingness to cater for the client’s needs. As a client you can always be assured that the team will go the extra mile to ensure the best for the client.’
‘Mats Tindberg is highly knowledgeable and able to make the most of his expertise in understanding the client’s reality. In negotiations, Mats Tindberg is exceptional when it comes to securing good deals for the client.’
Axis Communications AB
ELON Group AB
Miss Group Holdings Limited
Novare Human Capital AB
Star Stable Entertainment AB
- Advised Tieto Corporation on its merger with Norway’s largest IT company Evry to create one of the most competitive digital services and software companies in the Nordics.
- Regularly advising Axis Communications AB, a leader in network cameras and other IP networking solutions, on matters relevant for a global IT company.
- Advising Star Stable Entertainment AB on matters relevant for a multinational gaming company, such as licensing issues, data protection work and developer services.