Stefan Bessman leads the litigation-focused insurance practice at Baker McKenzie, and regularly handles precedent-setting, cross-border disputes for a roster of high-profile insurance companies based in Sweden and abroad. The group has recently been notably active in reinsurance litigation as well as high-value D&O coverage disputes and product liability litigation, and also acts in a high volume of regulatory disputes and appeals against the FSA.
Insurance in Sweden
‘In addition to being very experienced, Stefan Bessman is also a very bright, wise and delivers well though-through advice in challenging and complex matters.’
If Property & Casualty Insurance
- Representing AIG Europe Ltd in a dispute surrounding whether or not it is an insured’s duty to disclose facts which may be relevant for the insurer’s assessment of the risk to be insured.
- Representing AIG in a number of very significant coverage disputes involving mainly D&O insurance and other liability policies.
- Advising AIG on a matter regarding the product liability of a policyholder in the oil refining business.
Top-flight insurers, intermediaries and policyholders instruct DLA Piper on mandates across the breadth of the insurance sector. The practice has carved out a reputation in the insurtech space, advising innovative companies on business expansions and operational issues. Practice head Arthur Csatho covers contentious and non-contentious mandates including compensation claims, cross-border transactional and regulatory matters, W&I issues and novel cyber-risk matters. Senior associate David Johansson adds litigation expertise to the team, while Peter Sarkia and Fredrik Wiberg are experienced in corporate and regulatory insurance matters respectively.
Other key lawyers:
David Johansson; Peter Sarkia; Fredrik Wiberg
‘Very personable approach and quick response times. Very proactive. More so than some of its competitors. Great sector experience.’
‘Arthur Csatho in Sweden has been excellent. An expert in his field. Incredibly proactive and gets on top of issues before they turn into difficulties. A very personable approach to brokers which makes delivery of difficult messages land well.’
‘One of the key strengths was that I could send a question related to several jurisdictions and get back a consolidated answer which made it very simple to compare the legal landscape in several jurisdictions.’
‘They have all been very service minded, provided crisp advice in a timely and cost-effective manner.’
‘I associate the words knowledge, strategy and effort with the team. They repeatedly surpassed my expectations. The team’s wide range of practical knowledge and how to apply it in court was a success factor.’
‘My work was primarily with David Johansson. His performance in court still fills me with joy. Intelligent, ambitious, smart and driven are a few words, but I could make the list longer with ease. David saw beyond the obvious and executed the strategy excellent. Mr Johansson is a keeper!’
‘Very adaptable to the client, their requirements and situation. Very flexible and available which makes it easier to progress with urgent work tasks. Worked with other law firms to some extent, but I would never change from DLA Piper in insurance.’
‘David Johansson is always available, feels very safe and secure and from first response knows the degree of the problem, and how to tackle it. Pivotal for our success.’
Mannheimer Swartling’s insurance practice is instructed by a client base of policyholders and insurance companies with a focus on the non-life insurance space. Practice head Hans Hammarbäck acts for Nordic insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries and public sector claimants in coverage and claims litigation, while Azadeh Razani represents policyholders in the industrial sector in high-value claims disputes. Typical non-contentious mandates for the group include M&A transactions, regulatory issues relating to product rollouts across the EU, portfolio transfers, cooperation agreements, longevity swaps and other risk transfers. Senior associate Erik Schultz is a go-to name for insurance regulatory matters.
Other key lawyers:
Azadeh Razani; Erik Schultz; Fredrik Oling Andretzky
‘Knowledgeable of insurance and insurance distribution legislation. Especially insurance distribution is not common in Sweden. This is very much appreciated.’
‘Responsive and provides sound advice. Always available and gets our situation and the type of advice we need.’
‘Quick responses, speed of work, quality in delivery, reasonable people.’
Brummer & Partners AB
Evident Life AB
Försäkringsaktiebolaget Vattenfall Insurance
Gamla Livförsäkringsaktiebolaget SEB Trygg Liv
Gjensidige Forsikring ASA
Svenska Handelsbanken AB
- Advised PostNord AB and PostNord Försäkringsförening on a significant portfolio transfer and cooperation agreement.
- Advised Brummer & Partners AB on a significant portfolio transfer and cooperation agreement.
- Representing Stockholms stad in an insurance dispute against three major European insurers.
Leading insurance companies in Sweden and the international markets frequently instruct NORDIA Law on contentious matters. Group co-heads Per Sjödin and Johan Strömberg routinely handle insurance and reinsurance litigation and arbitration proceedings pertaining to intermediary liability issues, right of recourse actions, compensation work and high-value coverage claims. Further matters include multibillion-dollar disputes involving serial loss provisions, statute of limitations and coverage interpretations. Viveca Löwenhielm and associate Anna Martin are also noteworthy team members.
Per Sjödin; Johan Strömberg
Other key lawyers:
Viveca Löwenhielm; Anna Martin
‘Always available and able to provide high-quality advice very swiftly.’
‘Very easy to work with, high knowledge within the insurance industry.’
‘Nordia is at the absolute top in Sweden within the insurance law sector, with vast experience and knowledge of handling insurance disputes and liability claims, on behalf of insurers. Specifically I would like to mention the firm’s unique experience of international insurance law disputes.’
‘They are true specialists in their field providing clients with a very personal partner-led service.’
‘Per Sjödin is truly excellent. Highly respected, very knowledgeable, impeccable judgement.’
‘Great expertise and combined with a sound business approach.’
Zurich Insurance Plc (Ireland)
Ålands Ömsesidiga Försäkringsbolag
QBE Insurance Europe
HDI Global Specialty SE
- Representing Länsförsäkringar in insurance litigation concerning the extent of an insurance intermediary’s liability insurance.
- Representing Länsförsäkringar in a highly complex dispute concerning the right of recourse against Stora Enso AB concerning losses of €45m resulting from a forest fire.
- Representing Zurich Insurance, Swiss Re and HDI Global in a dispute against the City of Stockholm regarding the right to insurance compensation for claims incurred in connection with infrastructure measures in the redevelopment of the ‘Slussen’ area.
Insurance boutique Norelid Advokatbyrå has recently seen an increase in claims from its roster of global insurance companies, alongside a steady flow of coverage, subrogation, fidelity, professional and production liability disputes. Practice co-heads Susanna Norelid and Fredrik Seemann advise on transactions, policy drafting issues, risk management work and regulatory compliance mandates, leveraging the firm's association with Kennedys. Senior associate Levi Bergstedt regularly handles high-value property damages claims, and the practice also assists with the drafting of cyber-risk insurance policies, utilising the firm's cyber incident desk.
Susanna Norelid; Fredrik Seemann
Other key lawyers:
‘In my collaboration with Fredrik Seemann, I appreciate his knowledge of the French legal system and his ability to analyse the legal situation. In this way, we can make business decisions.’
‘Service mentality, practical approach and flexibility.’
‘Levi Bergstedt and Susanna Norelid are both very professional and respectful towards clients’ wishes. We receive practical advice in addition to the theory, which is appreciated.’
‘When it comes to insurance, I can’t see any other firm in Sweden. No matter what kind of help you need they have the competence. The response when you ask for help is always really fast and so is the deliverance.’
‘The team combines the sophistication of a large firm with the flexibility of a smaller firm. It provides strategic insights and advice and it is also fun to work with them, which is also very important in demanding cross-border cases.’
‘I appreciate founding partner Susanna Norelid very much, but also fellow partner Fredrik Seemann. They are responsive and able to communicate the particularities of the Swedish legal system to international clients.’
‘I have mostly worked with Fredrik Seemann who is an awesome lawyer that understands our needs. He and his team is competent and I know that I won’t get a better answer anywhere else. I appreciate the kind and inclusive atmosphere that this firm has. No questions are to small for Fredrik, he takes them all seriously and understands our needs. Also, he gives good advice regarding cost efficiency which he knows is important to us.’
Fm Insurance Europe
Circle K Terminal Sweden
Länsförsäkringar Göteborg Och Bohuslän
Flint Bishop Llp
RSG Construction & Speciality
Groupe Baloise Assurances A Luxembourg
Perkins Coie Llp
- Representing FM Insurance Europe in a complex high-value property damages claim regarding steam turbine engine failure, before Stockholm District Court.
- Representing Gjensidige Forsikring in a high-value, international liability claim.
- Representing Circle K in high-value insurance coverage litigation before the Court of Appeal.
Fabian Ekeblad heads up Advokatfirman Vinge's corporate insurance practice, which focuses on insurance-related M&A and the associated regulatory issues, as well as handling product distribution agreements for insurers, reinsurers and intermediaries; Per Johan Eckerberg and newly promoted partner Viveka Classon are the key contacts for non-contentious work. Insurance litigation instructions are spearheaded by co-head Mattias Rosengren and Fredrik Lundblom; recent highlights included acting in professional liability claims for investors, and coverage disputes for corporate clients. The team also represents clients in FSA investigations.
Fabian Ekeblad; Mattias Rosengren
Other key lawyers:
Per Johan Eckerberg; Viveka Classon; Fredrik Lundblom
‘The team has unique industry experience. Exceptional understanding of the client’s position, needs and hurdles.’
‘Viveka Classon comes from having spent several years in the industry as head of legal at a large insurance company. As a client, I get instant sign off on the problem at hand and we can get straight to the various possibilities at hand. I cannot get more value for money anywhere else.’
‘They have a great dedicated team with extensive skills. Always on top of it and you can reach out to them 24/7 around the year.’
‘Viveka Classon is one of the most experienced persons I have ever worked with during my 15 years in management positions within the insurance industry.’
‘Vinge has a very competent and knowledgeable team, which covers all areas within the insurance and reinsurance practice. The lawyers are always up to speed with the latest developments and you do not have to worry that they are missing something. They are very responsive and available, and always deliver with high quality (even with short notice).’
‘Fabian Ekeblad is an extraordinary lawyer, with high availability, great knowledge and an ability to provide well-balanced advice adapted to the specific situation and needs. He is truly interested in our company and proactive and pragmatic in his approach.’
‘Viveka Classon is an excellent lawyer.’
‘Vinge’s insurance practice is the oldest and probably the best known in Sweden. It might also be the biggest. Throughout the years it has been manned by some excellent lawyers with a vast experience in all fields of the insurance business.’
‘Fabian Ekeblad and Per Johan Eckerberg are in my opinion the two top lawyers in Sweden in the field of insurance business legislation. Eckerberg is one of the founders of Vinge’s insurance practice in the eighties and is probably the best known Swedish insurance business lawyer, having written several books on the subject.’
Sirius International Insurance Corporation
Willis Towers Watson
Codan Forsikring AS/Trygg-Hansa Försäkring Filial
Zurich Life Assurance plc
Sirius International Försäkrings AB
Zurich Insurance Group Ltd
Dina Försäkring AB
Cardif Försäkring AB
- Advising Sirius International as global co-ordination counsel (except the US) in relation to all Covid-19-related losses, as well as assisting the client in relation to the large-scale, comprehensive restructuring of the global Sirius group.
- Advised Willis Europe, a subsidiary of Willis Towers Watson, on the sale of all ordinary shares in MM Holding AB, the parent company of the Max Matthiessen group, to Nordic Capital Fund IX (through a newly set-up buyer SPV).
- Acting for an insured private individual in court proceedings against insurance company Länsförsäkringar, which has brought claims for damages exceeding SEK25m against the client corresponding to insurance compensation paid to an insured party whose hotel in the city of Kungsbacka was completely destroyed in a fire, which is alleged to have been caused by the client via the use of fireworks in 2017.
Wistrand’s insurance team has a high profile in the contentious space, representing insurance companies and corporate clients (particularly those in the technology sector) in disputes concerning professional liability, product liability and coverage issues. Key partners include practice head Jörgen Eklund and Harry Bergman, while Magnus Forssman has a substantial W&I insurance practice. Anne-Marie Pouteaux leads the Gothenburg team, and has expertise in both insurance and reinsurance law. The practice also provides advice on general regulatory issues.
Jörgen Eklund; Anne-Marie Pouteaux
Other key lawyers:
Harry Bergman; Magnus Forssman
‘They know our business model and can handle questions with very high competence in a short time.’
Kalix Wind AB
WL Care AB
Tokio Marine HCC
Stena Oil AB
Stena Metall AB
- Providing Nordic advice to Anticimex on the implementation of its coinsurance and reinsurance schemes.
- Assisting a total of 11 underwriters including AIG, AXA and Brockwell with the review of transactions in relation to underwriting W&I insurance.
- Represented insurance mediator WL Care AB in a dispute in the Stockholm City Court.
The cross-departmental insurance practice at Advokatfirman Cederquist KB has expertise across the breadth of contentious and non-contentious mandates. Erik Wernberg represents domestic and international insurers in professional liability claims and multibillion-SEK recourse actions brought under the Swedish Companies Act. Co-head Pontus Röckert leads on insurance M&A, while Sebastian Sundberg heads up the regulatory practice, which advises insurance companies, financial institutions and investors on governance issues, FSA dealings and the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive.
Pontus Röckert; Erik Wernberg; Sebastian Sundberg
- Representing the former members of the board of Kraft & Kultur Sverige AB as respondents against Grant Thornton’s SEK2bn recourse claim.
- Representing the former board members of Concent Holding AB as respondents in court proceedings against Concent Holding AB.
- Advised a consortium led by Polaris and Acathia Capital, comprising Sampension Livsforsikring and Unigestion Direct Opportunities among others, on its acquisition of the Swedish insurance company Danica Pension Försäkringsaktiebolag.
Cirio Advokatbyrå AB’s insurance practice head Carl-Olof Bouveng works closely with the firm's financial regulatory department to provide multinational insurance companies with expert advice on cross-border regulatory matters. Recent instructions included group policy structuring issues, corporate transactional activity, W&I matters and insurance product launches; the group also handles portfolio transfers and defends clients against damages and liability claims.
Gothenburg-based Rolf Karlsson leads Advokatfirman Delphi's insurance practice, which acts in recourse litigation for top international claims adjusters, and handles coverage disputes and liability claims for Sweden-based insurers and local authorities. Dispute resolution partners Tobias Hamrin and Sverker Bonde add further bench strength to the breadth of litigation and arbitration work.
Other key lawyers:
Tobias Hamrin; Sverker Bonde
Svenska Kommun Försäkrings AB
Crawford & Company
- Handling a disputed liability claim for Svenska Kommun Försäkring and a local authority regarding negligent exercise of authority, which allegedly has caused a real estate owner financial damages.
- Handling disputed claims and recourse claims for Crawford & Company.
- Representing Sedgewick, on behalf of a British insurer, in two cases against two housing cooperatives. The housing cooperatives claim that recently constructed buildings have mould and moisture issues that need to be extensively remedied, and maintains that the insurer is liable for the claim under the mandatory latent defects insurance.
Hammarskiöld’s insurance practice provides non-contentious advice to domestic and international insurers, reinsurers and brokers. Recent highlights for the group included W&I insurance issues, portfolio transfers, mutualisation matters and corporate transactions including insurance M&A; the team also recently handled regulatory issues concerning the Solvency II Directive. The practice is jointly led by Lars Ulrichs, Peder Hammarskiöld, Sandra Kaznova and Erik Fahlgren.
Lars Ulrichs; Peder Hammarskiöld; Sandra Kaznova; Erik Fahlgren
‘Highly competent within insurance, very knowledgeable about our company and very responsive to our needs.’
‘The people I work with always have time for our queries and are always available. They always deliver high-quality advice and have the ability to adapt to our needs.’
‘Very high professionalism throughout the entire firm, the quality of their work is very high regardless of which lawyer you are dealing with and combined with deep legal knowledge and a client focus I am always comfortable that I get the best advice.’
‘Erik Fahlgren has a very diligent approach to the legal aspects of each case but never misses the commercial aspects of a case.’
‘Sandra Kaznova always delivers on-point advice without loosing track of the client’s needs.’
Zurich South America Invest AB
The Swedish Pensions Agency
AIG Europe Limited
Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) Limited
HCC International Insurance Company Plc
Pembroke Managing Agency Limited
Söderberg & Partners
- Advising on AIG’s preparations to move its European insurance business from AIG UK to AIG Luxembourg including a portfolio transfer.
- Acting for AIG in a large and complicated insurance claim.
- Assisting Folksam with a broad variety of insurance related matters, such as regulatory work, disputes, corporate matters, competition issues and IT mandates.
Caroline Landerfors heads up the insurance practice at Magnusson Advokatbyrå, which advises on matters involving insurance distribution procedures, group insurance programmes and claims handling work. Having previously acted as deputy executive director at the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority, Robert Karlsson enhances the team's insurance regulatory knowledge; he is currently advising insurance brokers on Insurance Distribution Directive-related matters. The department also represents clients in cross-border financial lines claims.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very responsive, good all-round expertise and collegiate and friendly approach.’
‘Caroline Landerfors is a very good relationship partner and regulatory lawyer.’
‘Caroline Landerfors, head of insurance, is highly competent within insurance law. She possess the unique talent of combining deep theoretical knowledge with a practical hands-on approach in order to get things to happen. She is also extremely accessible, especially in times of distress.’
‘Very professional, speedy and qualified responses, easy to reach a broader team which leads to qualified and broad advice.’
Bought By Many
W.R. Berkley Insurance
United Insurance Brokers (UIB)
- Acted as interim chief legal counsel for insurance company ICA Försäkring.
- Acted as coverage counsel for AXA XL in multijurisdictional directors and officers liability cases.
- Advised the internationally recognised insuretech company Omocom on its expansion and growth in the Swedish market.
Setterwalls’ insurance practice covers the breadth of contentious and non-contentious issues for Swedish and international insurers, reinsurers and P&I clubs; the latter engage practice head Åke Fors and associate Samuel Pihl on maritime insurance matters. The group also handles claims and coverage litigation alongside regulatory matters, insurance-related M&A transactions and portfolio transfers; it also has notable strength in pension insurance work including advising on ultra-high-value governmental pension programmes. Johannes Ericson is the key contact for insurance disputes.
Other key lawyers:
Samuel Pihl; Patrik Olivecrona; Magnus Rydberg; Johannes Ericson
‘The insurance team has a deep knowledge of the insurance market as well as of its legal and regulatory regime. They are the right partners for any Swedish insurance questions you may have.’
‘Åke Fors and Samuel Pihl are very responsive and provide practical solutions. They are easy to work with.’
‘Great knowledge and capability. Detailed and broad knowledge of the Swedish and European insurance regulations. With integrity, Setterwalls seeks the best solution to satisfy the client.’
‘In complex governance and regulatory matters, Setterwalls and Patrik Olivecrona provide detailed knowledge and guidance.’
‘Setterwalls have strong specialist knowledge in the insurance sector since the acquisition of the team from Hamilton. Their service levels are second to none.’
‘I have worked on a number of cases with Magnus Rydberg. He is highly responsive and has a deep level of knowledge of Swedish insurance law. His written advice is absolutely first class and he is a pleasure to work with.’
Euro Accident Health & Care Insurance Aktiebolag
National General Insurance
Euro Accident Livförsäkring AB
Small Business Consortium
UK P&I Club
North of England P&I Club
Steamship Mutual P&I Club
London P&I Club
- Advised on National General Holding Luxembourg’s divestment of Swedish insurance company Euro Accident.
- Representing If Skadeförsäkring in court proceedings concerning alleged negligent claims handling. The case is particularly significant since it concerns a debated issue in the Swedish legal community: the legal standard under which a Swedish insurer can be held liable for alleged negligent claims handling.
- Representing Länsförsäkringar in mass litigation concerning alleged negligent financial advice in relation to a listed company and the scope of Länsförsäkringar’s liability insurance.
Advokatfirman Schjødt fields a strong insurance regulatory practice featuring group head Peter Kullgren and associates Anna Wahlbom and Joonas Myllynen. The team has recently been active in matters pertaining to Solvency II regulations, life and non-life insurance portfolio transfers, issues relating to the provision of pharmaceuticals insurance products, and corporate transactional work. Dispute resolution partner Ola Hansson is engaged on contentious insurance mandates including liability disputes in the transport sector.
Other key lawyers:
Anna Wahlbom; Joonas Myllynen; Ola Hansson
‘The firm’s expertise and experience is outstanding. Our company has used this firm for 15+ years and they have consistently delivered high-quality legal advice for a very reasonable cost. Furthermore, they are well equipped to tailor their advice depending on the audience, with pragmatism and commercial acumen.’
‘The firm has a diverse team with lawyers from a varied backgrounds which truly adds value as this comes through in their advice.’
‘Peter Kullgren is a true partner to our firm and has gone way beyond what you can expect from a law firm in regards to support and guidance.’
‘Joonas Myllynen has been on secondment to our firm and has truly added value. Joonas very quickly integrated to the local team and the business clients.’
‘Peter Kullgren and his team have high competence within the Solvency II framework and other corporate insurance regulations. Even if my in-house legal team are highly skilled in life insurance law, we sometimes are in need of a second opinion in a certain matter. In those situations we have always got excellent help from Peter Kullgren/Schjødt.’
‘A good solid practice with lots of experience and a deep understanding of the challenges faced by the insurance industry.’
‘Peter Kullgren is one of the leading authorities in Sweden on life and non-life insurance. His experience, after working with the insurance industry for many years, makes it very time effective to work with him.’
‘We got very good service and advice and found the team very professional and understanding of our situation. The team was put together swiftly and in a way that met our wishes and demands. The lawyers we worked with were very professional, available and easy and pleasant to work with.’
Futur Pension (previously Danica Pension)
LRF Försäkring Skadeförsäkringsaktiebolag
Kollektivavtalsinformation Sverige AB
Förhandlings- och samverkansrådet PTK
Unionen Medlemsförsäkring AB
Medicover Försäkringar AB
SPP Pension och Försäkring AB
SCOR Sweden Re
Swedbank Försäkring AB
- Advised Unionen Medlemsförsäkring in relation to the application of insurance regulations (Solvency II) covering the reporting of transactions within a group.
- Advised LRF Försäkring Skadeförsäkringsaktiebolag on two insurance portfolio transfers of insurance obligations and the subsequent request for withdrawal of authorisation to conduct insurance business with the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority.
- Advised Kollektivavtalsinformation Sverige AB in relation to the establishment of the new company and its business in all major areas.
Kompass Advokat provides non-contentious insurance advice to a client portfolio of domestic life insurers as well as UK and Germany-based names. Founding partner and practice head Anna Lööv, with assistance from senior associate Kawin Mårtensson and associate Lina Sandmark, routinely advises on regulatory matters, global expansions, portfolio transfers, insurer and distributor negotiations, FSA applications and distribution agreements.
Other key lawyers:
Kawin Mårtensson; Lina Sandmark
‘Very nice to work with and dedicated.’
‘Anna Lööv, Lina Sandmark and Kawin Mårtensson have good knowledge of insurance law which is quite rare. They are not big but always make sure to deliver a usable answer within the set timeframe. They work proactively and take contact when they think its needed.’
‘Anna Lööv is well-experienced within insurance law and always tries to meet the client’s need. She always make sure that she understands the question correctly, and delivers usable answers quickly.’
ERGO Direkt Versicherungen AG
Dina Försäkring AB
Nordea Bank Sveriges Pensionsstiftelse
Nordea Livförsäkring Sverige AB
SFF Försäkringsutveckling AB
Maiden General Försäkrings AB and Maiden Life Försäkrings
W. R. Berkley Insurance AG, Swedish branch
Hannover Re/ HDI Global Specialty SE, Swedish branch
Försäkringsbolaget PRI Pensionsgaranti, ömsesidigt
Livförsäkringsbolaget Skandia, ömsesidigt
Fortnox Försäkringar AB
Gar-Bo Försäkring AB
LeasePlan Sverige AB
Solid Försäkring AB
Nordeuropa Försäkring AB
Trygg Hansa Försäkring filial
- Advised Dina Försäkring AB on six mergers and the related regulatory requirements of insurance groups.
- Advised Maiden General Försäkrings AB and Maiden Life Försäkrings AB on major affiliate cooperations and related issues.
- Advised Hannover Re/ HDI Global Specialty SE, Swedish branch on the cooperation with intermediaries under the regulations for insurance distribution.
The team at Next Advokater regularly provides insurance regulatory advice to insurers in the life and non-life sectors across the EU. Co-heads Helene Holm and Tor Dunér have substantial knowledge of government guidelines, capital requirements and boardroom governance issues, which is enhanced by senior counsel Hans Schedin’s experience at the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. Co-head Matthias Schmitt recently joined from Ramberg Advokater, bringing extensive knowledge of shipping and transport insurance to the group.
Helene Holm; Tor Dunér; Matthias Schmitt
Other key lawyers:
White & Case Advokat AB fields a notable insurance litigation and arbitration team led by Anders Reldén and featuring key counsel Niklas Helmer. Recent work for multinational insurers and their policyholders includes acting in policy claims and coverage disputes before all levels of the Swedish courts, and representing insurers in complex joint proceedings. The practice also acts in recourse claims under arbitration clauses.
Other key lawyers:
Trygg-Hansa Försäkring filial
- Representing Trygg-Hansa as insurer in a dispute regarding claims under an insurance policy following a fire in an experimental wood chip pellet manufacturing facility.
- Representing If Skadeförsäkring AB as insurer in litigation proceedings against Martinsons Byggsystem KB regarding claims under an insurance policy following extensive moisture damage in a residential complex.
- Represented two insurance providers Anticimex Försäkringar and Folksam in appeals court proceedings regarding insurance policy coverage with claims brought by a private individual following the discovery of substantial mould and water damage in several buildings.