Licensing in South East
Blandy & Blandy LLP is renowned for its work on major sporting and large entertainment venue licensing, and regularly advises national and international clients on compliance. Led by Sue Dowling, who is widely regarded as a leader in this field, the practice is instructed by clients across the hospitality, leisure and sports sectors on alcohol and regulated entertainment licensing. The team is also experienced in representing clients in hearings and has a cross-over with its employment practice.
Tottenham Hotspur Ltd/ Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co Limited
The FA Group/ Wembley National Stadium Ltd
Rugby Football Union (RFU)
AEG Europe/The O2
Royal Academy of Arts
Marylebone Cricket Club (in relation to Lord’s Cricket Ground)
Henley Royal Regatta
John Gaunt & Partners
John Gaunt & Partners has an excellent standing in the market, and is well-regarded for its specialist licensing expertise. Led by Jon Wallsgrove, who has over twenty-five years of experience in the field, the team handles the full spectrum of licensing and regulatory matters for a roster of leading national and international clients spanning across hospitality and retail sector. Practice head Wallsgrove also has criminal law defence expertise.
Whitbread Group PLC
Marks & Spencers
Odeon Cinema Group
Trust Inns Ltd
Belvar Life (UK) ltd
Black Sheep Brewery
The Devonshire Group
Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew
David Lloyds Leisure
The Goodwood Estate
British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
- Advised the BBC on securing new offices and studios at 1 Central Square, Cardiff, which has been undergoing significant redevelopment in recent years.
- Providing licensing advice to John Lewis & Partners, including licensing variations flowing from the substantial refurbishment of key stores including Southampton.
- Supported KPMG in the administration of Beales Limited to ensure the continuation of the premises licenses which required immediate action.
Trethowans LLP has extensive experience acting for large national restaurant estates and retail leaders on the full scope of licensing matters. The practice, under the leadership of Karen Lush, handles all premises and personal licensing and undertakes advisory work for national clients. Sandra Graham is a specialist in alcohol and entertainment licensing, as well as planning aspects of matters. The team also has the capacity to represent clients in court. Other team members include Julia Palmer, whose focus includes the Gambling Act 2005 and other betting issues.
Nando’s Chickenland Ltd
Pizza Hut UK Ltd
MOD Pizza Ltd
Goals Soccer Centres
- Assisting a Scottish firm with the English licensing aspect of their client’s acquisition of a sports club estate as a going concern where the premises license holder became insolvent, resulting in the lapse of the 42 English premises licenses.
- Assisting a client with continuing rollout of refurbishments to their estate nationwide which includes issuing numerous applications for full and minor variations, and liaising with responsible authorities.
- Representing a national restaurant company in expansion nationally.
Field Seymour Parkes LLP primarily advises on premises and property licensing matters, leveraging the wider firm's real estate offering. Led by associate Mark Banham, the practice handles various licensing applications and sale transfers for clients. The practice sits within the wider property disputes team, meaning it can draw on support from the firm's commercial and contentious property lawyers.
Heartstone Inns Limited
Kitopi Kitchens Limited
Westbury Street Holdings Limited