Reputable local firm, Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP prides itself as Singapore's full licence firm with a dedicated insurance department, led by Simon Goh. The team is equally at well versed in transactional, regulatory, and contentious aspects and is particularly known for its handling of employment and insurance intermediary issues. The firm also undertakes work relating to fraud, asset recovery, investigations, and crisis management. Other key partner Elaine Tay advises insurers and brokers on licensing, restructuring, transfers, and compliance issues.
Insurance: local firms in Singapore
Other key lawyers:
Prudential Assurance Co Singapore
Swiss Reinsurance America Corporation and Security First Insurance Company
American Integrity Insurance Company
Professional Investment Advisory Services Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of Aviva Limited
China Taiping Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Acting for Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited against its former top agency leader, for breach of contract and fiduciary duties in soliciting 244 of PACS’ tied agents and agency leaders in his agency organisation to join an independent financial advisor firm known as Aviva Financial Advisers Pte Ltd.
- Advising a multilateral organisation on the legal structure for the South East Asia Disaster Risk Insurance Facility, a first-of-its-kind regional facility in Asia to provide climate and disaster risk financing and insurance solutions for members states of ASEAN.
- Acted as Singapore deal counsel for Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance, in this historical Insurance-Linked Securities transaction– the first Asian-sponsored catastrophe bond, a $100m note by Akibare Re Pte Ltd, to be issued from Singapore in a major historical first step in Singapore’s aim to be Asia’s alternative risk transfer hub.
Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow
Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow's insurance team demonstrate adeptness in bancassurance, M&A, post-acquisition integration, and restructuring. It also assists clients with regulatory, compliance, and license application issues in relation to entry to the Singapore market. Stephanie Magnus specialises in financial services compliance and is the lead partner for cross-border insurance matters.
Tokio Marine Asia
Allianz Insurance Management Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Edric Pan and Christopher Chong co-lead the insurance practice at Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP, which demonstrates adeptness to handle professional malpractice, personal injury, aviation, transactional work, and regulatory insurance issues. Specialising in representing clients and their insurers in contentious matters, Pan specialises in defence work relating to business interruption and professional negligence, while Chong is defence counsel for insurers in the areas of professional and medical indemnity insurance.
MS First Capital
- Acting for QBE and its insured (a civil engineering and consultancy firm) in defence of a High Court claim by the Government of Singapore, for alleged negligence by the insured in the design and supervision of the construction of a major construction project.
- Acting for MS First Capital and its insured, Certis Cisco, in defence of a claim relating to major damage to overhead fibre and CCTV cabling in the basement loading-bay area of Marina Bay Sands.