Real estate and construction in Serbia
BDK Advokati AOD fields experts in the local and regional construction and real estate sectors, International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) contracts, and construction-related arbitration. Dragoljub Cibulić advises on privatisations, greenfield and brownfield investments, PPPs and joint ventures; and Milan Dakić is a real estate, construction and environmental law specialist. Associate Đorđe Zejak is experienced in real estate sales, greenfield property developments and commercial leases.
Dragoljub Cibulić; Milan Dakić
‘The BDK team provides clients with great legal support. It particularly stands out for its expertise with FIDIC contracts and its ability to advise on complex legal matters to very short deadlines.‘
‘Milan Dakić is an exceptional lawyer, whose expertise in real estate and construction proves highly valuable to long-term projects in Serbia. He is well versed in FIDIC and construction arbitration.‘
‘Milan Dakić is always available and very responsive in providing quality legal advice.‘
International Finance Corporation
Societe de Promotion et de Participation pour la Cooperation Economique
China Road and Bridge Corporation
Société Générale Bank Serbia
Fresenius Medical Care Srbija
- Advised China Road and Bridge Corporation on a joint development agreement with the Republic of Serbia for the development of an industrial park in Belgrade.
- Acting for Rio Tinto on the development of a lithium and borate mine development in Serbia.
- Advised EBRD, IFC, Proparco and DEG, as lenders to Vinci Airports, on the project financing for the privatisation of Belgrade Airport.
Karanovic & Partners is widely respected for large-scale, cross-border projects and transactions. Examples include commercial, residential, hotel, industrial, and energy and infrastructure projects. It also assists with FIDIC contracts, development permits, zoning procedures and real estate finance. Senior associate Ana Luković is the real estate practice group leader and focuses on commercial real estate matters. Dragan Karanovic assists with infrastructure transactions.
Dragan Karanović; Ana Luković
‘Karanovic & Partners supports clients in a very professional way. Replies and suggestions are punctual, detailed, consider different scenarios, and offer different choices to clients in terms of solutions and strategy.‘
‘The team has great experience and knows the dynamics of companies, focusing on compliance with the law from a business point of view.‘
‘It is very proactive, proficient and skilled. Fees are also reasonable.‘
‘The team is always available, even during weekends, and it is reliable and skilled.‘
City of Belgrade
Africa Israel Group
Shikun & Binui Group
- Advised Orchid Group doo Beograd on the financing and development of a commercial and residential complex.
- Assisted the International Finance Corporation and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development with the €215m financing of a commercial wind project.
- Advised, as part of a consortium, the City of Belgrade and the IFC on the structuring of a PPP transaction for the design, financing, construction, operation and maintenance of a waste management treatment and disposal centre.
Moravcevic Vojnovic and Partners in cooperation with Schoenherr advises on prominent commercial property transactions in Serbia and the region. Representative matters involve shopping and retail centres, office buildings and infrastructure construction. Ivan Pantović specialises in real estate in Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina; and Slaven Moravčević is experienced in real estate development, including the financing and construction of energy projects. Ivana Panić is a construction expert and attorney at law Dijana Grujić is a real estate project development specialist.
‘The team around Slaven Moravčević and Ivan Pantović stands out for its utmost reliability, high levels of responsiveness and excellent, wide spectrum of knowledge. The cross-sector M&A, real estate, construction, corporate and finance practice adds value to clients’ business by granting swift and reliable legal advice.‘
‘The team is driven by a practical approach, successfully seeking solutions to problems and always considering all parties involved.‘
‘It is recommended to any professional business party looking for high-end legal support combined with excellent value for money.‘
‘Ivan Pantović stands out for his reliability and practicability. He is also a highly skilled lawyer in relation to all aspects of real estate and construction.‘
‘Ivan Pantović can draw on a lot of experience in real estate projects. His advice is very sound.‘
‘Ivana Panić is a valuable adviser on real estate investments and developments.‘
‘Ivana Panić is highly recommended. She regularly advises international investors on construction projects in Serbia and the wider region, and she has vast experience with FIDIC contracts. This makes her stand out. She is a good negotiator, quick-witted and clear in her legal advice.‘
‘Attorney at law Dijana Grujić combines excellent knowledge with high levels of responsiveness. Her inputs are always reliable, professional, quickly generated, concise and goal oriented. Furthermore, she stands out for a client-oriented approach that cannot be found in competitors.’
‘Attorney at law Dijana Grujić is a good, highly dedicated lawyer.‘
City of Belgrade
UNIQA Real Estate
- Advised New Europe Property Investments, a commercial property investor and developer, on the development of the Promenada mall in Novi Sad, the largest shopping mall in Serbia.
- Acted for OMV, an international oil and gas company, on the acquisition of over 70 locations in Serbia for the prospective development of petrol stations.
- Advising Immofinanz on the STOP.SHOP portfolio development in Serbia, which comprises seven retail parks.
Petrikic & Partneri AOD in cooperation with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz's energy projects practice relies heavily on the firm's real estate experts. The team also acts on sales and acquisitions of real property. Radivoje Petrikić advises on the corporate side to real estate deals and attorney at law Marija Marošan is a real estate specialist. Projects and infrastructure expert Ivan Gazdić was hired from Bojović Drašković Popović & Partners, while former energy and infrastructure head, Djordje Popovic, became Telenor's chief corporate affairs officer.
Radivoje Petrikić; Ivan Gazdić
Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport
Poseidon Group and Mitiska REIM
- Advised Vita Group on the purchase of the entire real estate portfolio of a Serbian foam and textile manufacturing producer.
- Advised Zijin Mining on the acquisition of a mine in Serbia.
- Acted for the Belgrade Airport and Serbian government on a concession project in Serbia.
Bojović Drašković Popović & Partners' assistance with development projects also includes assistance with financing and taxation issues. Real estate department head Marija Bojović and senior associate Mario Kijanović are real estate and construction law specialists. Former partner Ivan Gazdić left for Petrikic & Partneri AOD in cooperation with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz.
‘No other firm compares in terms of what this practice offers.‘
‘Marija Bojović and senior associate Mario Kijanović are excellent. Marija Bojović is a truly outstanding personality and highly competent law professional. She is reliable and has vast experience.’
‘Mario Kijanović is a competent lawyer, with a very professional approach and a high degree of responsibility. He has a lot of experience for a young lawyer.‘
Delta Real Estate Group
- Advised Poseidon Group (a London-based real estate developer) and its sponsor, Mitiska REIM (a Belgian real estate fund), on the development of a retail park.
- Acted for China Shandong International Economic & Technical Cooperation Corporation (and its Serbian subsidiary, Empiret doo Beograd) on the acquisition of a real estate special purpose vehicle, which owns a prominent office building in Belgrade.
- Advised Delta Real Estate Group on the refinancing of an existing loan.
Joksovic, Stojanovic & Partners is consistently involved in ongoing major real estate projects, both in Serbia and Montenegro. Milan Joksovic advises multinationals on relocations, purchases and long-term commercial leases. Petar Stojanovic is experienced in land acquisitions and development projects in Montenegro.
Milan Joksovic; Petar Stojanovic
Mercury Group – Sonuba Montenegro
The Government of Montenegro – Ministry of Transport and Maritime Affairs
KIRCHDORFER KIES UND TRANSPORTBETON HOLDING
Infrastructure Construction and Development
- Advising the government of Montenegro on the implementation of a highway construction contract.
- Assisting the Montenegrin subsidiary of Qatari Diar with the development of a major tourist complex project in Montenegro.
- Advised Rakita Exploration on a land acquisition in Serbia, which is required for a gold and copper mine.
JPM Jankovic Popovic & Mitic is regularly involved in transactions in the energy, infrastructure, concessions and PPP sectors. Ivan Petrovic's practice focuses on real estate, construction contracts, permits, PPPs and litigation.
‘JPM is an excellent, trustworthy and professional firm.‘
‘JPM is one of the most experienced law firms in Serbia. It is capable of complying with the requirements of both EU legal practice and legislation.‘
‘The advice provided shows that the legal analysis is thorough and that specific industry requirements are considered. Responses are always timely.‘
‘Ivan Petrovic’s support and advice are great and he is always ready to support clients.‘
GASTRANS doo Novi Sad
China Shandong International Economic & Technical Cooperation Group
- Assisted China Shandong International Economic & Technical Cooperation Group with a concession agreement with the government of the Republic of Srpska, which related to a highway concession project.
- Advised Gastrans doo on the drafting of an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreement and the preparation of the tender for the EPC contractor selection.
- Assisted JP Srbijagas with drafting and negotiating an EPC subcontract agreement, which related to the construction of part of a natural gas pipeline.
Law Office Miroslav Stojanovic, in cooperation with Wolf Theiss advises on each stage of the real estate life cycle, including zoning, environmental impact assessments, land divisions and acquisitions. The team also handles financing, planning and construction, leasing, sales and disputes. Miroslav Stojanović and counsel Vidak Kovačević are real estate specialists.
Miroslav Stojanović; Vidak Kovačević
EMMEZETA SRBIJA doo
RCS Trading Corporation
ILF DVA DOO Novi Sad
East Balkan Properties
AIK Banka AD Beograd
Soravia Real Estate Development
Immorent Singidunum doo
Vienna Insurance Group
Suez Groupe SASA
UniCredit Bank Srbija
Erste Banka ad Novi Sad
- Advised Suez Environment on a PPP project for the treatment and disposal of residual municipal solid waste in Belgrade.
- Acted for a multinational bank syndicate, including Erste Group Bank, UniCredit Bank Srbija and Erste Banka ad Novi Sad, on the refinancing of the Ušće Shopping Centre.
- Advised a consortium, comprising major infrastructure companies, on the concession for financing the development of the Nikola Tesla Belgrade Airport.
Zavisin Semiz Law Office
Zavisin Semiz Law Office's practice covers structuring acquisitions and joint ventures, financing and refinancing, and sales. Finance expert Stojan Semiz and senior counsel Jasna Milosavljević jointly head the department. Milosavljević focuses on sales and acquisitions, site purchases, planning and development, lease contracts, construction and investment financing.
Stojan Semiz; Jasna Milosavljević
EAGLE HILLS PROPERTIES
KAPPA STAR GROUP
BOPA Bojanovic & Partners' team regularly draws on support from its commercial, corporate and M&A, competition, and banking and finance colleagues. Vladimir Bojanović focuses on real estate acquisitions, project development, construction and finance. He is also experienced in related litigation, PPPs and FIDIC advice.
‘It has a strong real estate department.‘
‘A top-of-the-market real estate team.‘
‘This is a top-level construction practice with some of the most prominent mandates – a superior team by all merits.‘
‘The firm matches high international standards and has excellent availability.‘
‘Clients are truly satisfied with the firm’s services.‘
‘The team has substantive knowledge and experience. The pricing is also good.‘
‘Vladimir Bojanović is an excellent lawyer who is excellent at client handling.‘
‘Vladimir Bojanović has a versatile mind with a business-oriented approach and an innovative way of thinking.‘
- Advised DTD Ribarstvo, a Serbian manufacturer of fish products, on the sale and leasing of real estate.
- Acted for Gastrans, Gazprom’s subsidiary, on the construction of new gas pipeline infrastructure.
- Advised Bothar Group, an international contractor, on its entrance on the Serbian market, which included an analysis of the construction regulations in Serbia.
Harrisons Solicitors' senior associate Jovan Cirkovic is recommended for multi-party transactions involving the sale, acquisition, development, leasing and legal due diligence of major real estate assets.
ISB – International School of Belgrade
British Embassy Belgrade
Foster and Partners
- Advised British Embassy Belgrade on various real estate matters regarding its operations in Serbia.
- Acted for Foster and Partners on the architectural and engineering design-related licensing requirements for the construction of office buildings.
- Advised Al Dahra on its acquisition of PKB Corporation, one of the largest agricultural companies in Serbia.
Kinstellar/Zajednicka advokatska kancelarija Maric & Mujezinovic's Belgrade office is a part of a strong regional network that includes Sofia, Prague, Bratislava and Bucharest. It stands out for real estate matters in the tourism and hospitality industry. Selma Mujezinović is a construction and real estate expert.
- Advised Servier doo on the negotiation and signing of a Serbian law-governed office space lease agreement with a Serbian lessor.
- Assisted Masdar with the acquisition of a 49% stake in a Montenegrin wind power park project company from Akuo Energy, which included real property and permitting issues.
- Advised Arena Hospitality Group on the acquisition of the 88 Rooms Hotel in Belgrade from MK Group.
Marić, Mališić & Dostanić o.a.d.'s Veljko Dostanic is experienced in procurement, negotiations, real estate transactions and claim management matters. He also has expertise in FIDIC contracts and acts in real estate disputes.
‘The firm has a strong and high-quality practice. It has great knowledge of FIDIC, as well as construction rules and legislation. It is also very reactive, always available and able to deliver on very tight deadlines.‘
‘The firm has comprehensive knowledge and experience in real estate matters.‘
‘It has excellent knowledge of the construction industry, practice and FIDIC rules.‘
‘Veljko Dostanic is an experienced lawyer, with solid knowledge of how to draft construction agreements and identify all crucial points, so as to protect clients’ interests. The lawyers can be counted on in any urgent situation.‘
‘Veljko Dostanic has the ability to respond within very tight deadlines – this is an additional strength of the firm.‘
‘Veljko Dostanic knows how all participants in projects think, working not only for contractors, but also for investors, project management companies, supervisory companies and designers. He also gives very clear and precise answers and is a good negotiator.‘
KESZ Holding Hungary
- Advised Switzerland-based Barry Callebaut, a manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, on the construction of a new factory.
- Acted for Belgium-based Puratos on the construction of a new margarine production plant.
- Advised Ikea Serbia on the construction agreement for its retail park.
MVJ marković vukotić jovković
NKO Partners fields specialists in construction permits, urban planning, structuring complex real estate transactions, project financing, FIDIC-based agreements and tax issues. Djordje Nikolic is a commercial, residential and industrial project expert.
Metro Cash & Carry
Thrax Invest EOOD
- Advised Heineken on various issues in the real estate sector, including real estate sales.
- Assisting UniCredit Rent with its real estate portfolio in Serbia, including recently handling the sale of a shopping centre.
- Advised industrial developer, CTP Group, on the acquisition and development of six locations in Serbia for logistic and commercial developments.
Samardžić, Oreški & Grbović Law Firm
Samardžić, Oreški & Grbović Law Firm's practice includes real estate M&A, finance, and sales and acquisitions of portfolios and individual assets. It also acts on developments, leasing, financing, joint ventures and partnerships. Radovan Grbović is experienced in real estate and Miloš Velimirović assists with financing elements.
Radovan Grbović; Miloš Velimirović
Etihad Airways PJSC
Yihai Property Group
- Advised Carrasco doo Belgrade on the remodelling and upgrading of an office building in Belgrade.
- Acted for PSI CRO, the Serbian subsidiary of a Switzerland-based contract research organisation, on the acquisition of a prime real estate asset in Belgrade.
- Advised Air Serbia on its real estate portfolio.
AVS Legal's Mirko Vasilić is experienced in all aspects of real estate, construction, environmental law, energy and infrastructure. He regularly advises on the purchase of real estate in both Serbia and abroad.
‘This is a goal and business-oriented team. They are not like other lawyers.‘
‘Clients feel comfortable with them from the very beginning of their co-operation. The team’s approach and approach to every task is professional and profound. It is able to produce results quickly throughout the entire legal process.‘
‘The team is very sharp and effective in solving issues – it is highly recommended for any real estate project.‘
‘The team is business savvy and reliable, as well as being very experienced and capable of handling complex projects in a professional and responsible manner.‘
‘Mirko Vasilić has a great understanding of the construction industry. The biggest difference is that he is results oriented, taking into consideration billings too. He also often comes on site and negotiates with contractors, which is rare with other lawyers.‘
‘Mirko Vasilić stands out for his meticulousness, efficiency and in-depth understanding of the industry. In addition, he understands the bigger picture and knows how to reach the best outcome.‘
‘Mirko Vasilić is a highly competent and conscientious professional, with excellent communication and negotiation skills. He stands out for his broad approach that brings together all the relevant aspects of a project. He is an excellent choice for a variety of legal needs.‘
Nordeus doo Beograd
Essex Balkan doo Beograd
Martini gradnja doo
Penta Ge.Co. Construction doo
Ring Holding Austria
CBS International doo
- Advised Ring Holding Austria on the carve-out sale of a building plot in central Belgrade.
- Assisted Essex Balkan doo with both land permits and a factory construction contract.
- Advised Nordeus, a mobile game developer, on the agreement for a lease of a building under construction.
Baklaja Igric Tintor Law Office is experienced in real estate acquisitions, complex engineering and construction contracts, managing legal issues during projects, and disputes. Boris Baklaja advises large international real estate investment funds and developers.
Boris Baklaja; Djordje Igrić
‘The team is honest, responsive, professional and knowledgeable.‘
Wind Park Plandiste
ADOC Real Estate doo
- Advised Adoc Real Estate on the development of a greenfield residential project, which included the construction of ten villas.
- Assisted Una Consult with the acquisition of land for the development of a tourism complex.
- Advised Wind Park Plandiste on the development of a wind farm.
Cvetkovic, Skoko & Jovicic is particularly focused on retail parks and residential compounds. Goran Cvetković's expertise includes urban planning, and Mina Skoko acts on real estate acquisitions and project development.
Goran Cvetković; Mina Skoko; Jelena Jovičić
Big Shopping Centers Israel
Orion Telekom Holdings
- Advised CEE-BIG BV on the construction of a large technology camp.
- Acted for CEE-BIG BV on a retail and residential project.
Prica & Partners
Prica & Partners advises on industrial, residential, retail and multi-purpose real estate matters. Senior associate Aleksandar Mančev is the practice head. His workload includes property acquisitions, construction, financing, leasing and real estate tax.
Government of the Republic of Serbia
Embassy of the Republic of Greece
- Acted for CJR Renewables on the construction of a wind farm.
- Acted for Netherlands-based DEC International, which is globally known for flexible ducting, on the purchase of a production facility in an industrial zone.
- Assisted the government of Serbia (in a joint venture with China Road Bridge Corporation) with the construction of an industrial park in Belgrade.
Stankovic & Partners (NSTLAW) acts on large corporate real estate transactions in the regional market and assists with portfolio management for international investors. It also advises on project financing and has a strong regulatory practice. Nenad Stankovic is a real estate, project finance and infrastructure specialist.
- Represented Uctam in eight disputes relating to the recovery of vacant possession of a building.
- Advised Heta Asset Resolution, a wind-down company owned by the Republic of Austria, on the leasing, management and disposal of real estate assets.
- Advised an affiliate of UniCredit Bank on various issues surrounding the acquisition and development of high-value distressed real estate.
Vukovic & Partners' multidisciplinary real estate practice includes real estate capital markets expertise. Dejan Vukovic is a real estate and construction specialist and Jovana Čapaković advises on construction developments and real estate-related tax issues.
Dejan Vukovic; Jovana Čapaković; Dejan Plamenac
‘The team’s approach to problems is unique and it understands business from both legal and commercial perspectives.‘
‘The firm continuously provides high-quality legal services. Deadlines are always met and legal solutions are always delivered in a short time period, even in highly complex cases.‘
‘The team is extremely client oriented and never fails to go above and beyond to make sure that clients’ specific requirements are met. The level of professionalism also sets the practice apart from other law firms.‘
‘Dejan Vukovic, with his diverse knowledge of real estate legal practice, as well as his pragmatic approach, help solves even the most complicated issues. His business approach is what, among other qualities, sets him apart from partners of other law firms.‘
‘Jovana Čapaković’s systematic approach and elegant way of finding solutions contribute a great deal to clients’ matters, as well as to their overall satisfaction.‘
OBMS Development doo Belgrade
Glob Metropoliten doo Belgrade
Eurobau Connect AG doo Belgrade
Project Consultum SRB doo Belgrade
011 Dal Sedam doo Novi Sad
Belgrade Embassy of Polish Republic
AG Internacional BGD
MDM Prior doo Beograd
Ocean CVP Development
P&O Ports FZE
Timwn Invest Professional 2016
Progressive Bg Group
Ocean Ides ltd
- Advised Glob Metropoliten doo Belgrade on the construction and sale of luxurious apartments in Belgrade.
- Acted for 011 Dal Sedam doo Novi Sad on the development of a residential and commercial complex in Belgrade.
- Advises Adria Gradnja doo Beograd on construction projects.