Able to handle ‘the most demanding issues within very tight timeframes‘, Gecic Law‘s competition and EU law practice consistently acts in precedent-setting cases. Its track record also includes the competition law aspects of large investment projects throughout the Western Balkans. The career of founding partner Bogdan Gecić includes practicing in Brussels, while counsel Ivana Stojanović Raišić focuses on state aid, and EU and competition law. ‘Highly skilled‘ counsel Branko Gabrić and experienced of counsel Veljko Milutinović were recently recruited from BDK Advokati AOD and the National Competition Authority, respectively.
Competition in Serbia
Other key lawyers:
Ivana Stojanović Raišić; Branko Gabrić; Veljko Milutinović; Vuk Leković
‘Comprising very distinctive individuals, the team can move mountains and tackle the most demanding issues within very tight timeframes.’
‘Deliverables are clear, useful and logical, and the lawyers are always ready to go the extra mile for the client’s benefit.’
‘A blend of exceptional individuals who are ready to handle any client issue with passion, innovation, and out-of-the-box thinking. They can draw logical and reasonable assumptions from limited information and use such information to benefit the client.’
‘Very professional, dedicated and available at all times.’
‘Bogdan Gecić is highly professional, and the team works closely with each other, focusing on the most appropriate solution for the client.’
‘Bogdan Gecić’s experience is not comparable to other lawyers in Serbia – a leading lawyer whose team mirrors the same exceptional level of know-how in legal, business and market intelligence, and obviously in competition law.‘
‘Counsel Branko Gabrić is a highly skilled professional who is capable of meeting clients’ legal needs.’
‘Senior associate Vuk Leković provides concise work in a timely manner.’
M:tel Bosnia and Herzegovina
M:tel North Macedonia
Arena Channels Group
State of Bosnia and Herzegovina & Elektriprivreda BiH
Government of Serbia
Telekom Serbia Group
- Representing Telekom in its ongoing legal battle with United Group and its numerous affiliates, the 41 multi-jurisdictional cases impacting over 30 jurisdictions and involving 144 entities.
- Representing Klett Group in antitrust proceedings before the Serbian Competition Authority.
- Assisted the State of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Elektroprivreda BiH with a state aid-related process before the Energy Community (concerning the $1.1bn Tuzla 7 power plant construction project).
‘A definite first-choice law firm in Serbia‘, JPM & Partners‘s go-to competition practice fields experts in complex and high-stakes international mergers and multi-jurisdictional cartel investigations. The team consistently acts for major foreign and global clients before competition authorities throughout the region. It also assists with compliance programmes. The practice of competition and antitrust department head Nikola Poznanović, ‘one of the most competent lawyers in Serbia‘, covers a range of antitrust and merger control work. Key names below partner level include Bojana Javorić, Živko Simijonović, Luka Hajduković and Katarina Savic.
Other key lawyers:
‘Clients are left thoroughly satisfied with the service. All team members are diligent and hardworking, and available at all times.’
‘The competition department possesses vast experience in this practice area – combined with its track record, this makes it a definite first-choice law firm in Serbia.’
‘JPM is always the first to introduce new technologies and adopt solutions that make services easier for clients.’
‘Nikola Poznanović is a go-to person for all matters and legal requirements.’
‘Nikola Poznanović is really client oriented, focused, and pays great attention to detail. He is always able to provide appropriate solutions, and offers the best advice.’
‘Nikola Poznanović is one of the most competent lawyers in Serbia. He is thorough, dedicated, and client oriented. Clients can always rely on him and his expert opinions. Nikola also has a keen business sense, and is able to provide the best legal advice business-wise.‘
‘Senior associate Bojana Javorić is a great team member – a real favourite. She is hardworking and pays great attention to detail.
‘Bojana Javorić leaves no stone unturned – solid competition law experience and of great support during transactions.’
- Advising Knjaz Miloš on a merger control procedure regarding the acquisition of the exclusive manufacturing, selling, and distribution business of certain PepsiCo ready-to-drink beverages.
- Advised FLSmidth A/S on a merger control procedure before the Serbian Competition Authority, in relation to the acquisition of ThyssenKrupp’s mining sector activities involving plant technology and industrial solutions.
- Advising Generali IARD and Generali Vie on a merger control procedure before the Serbian and Montenegrin competition authorities, in relation to both the acquisition by Generali IARD of La Médicale, and the acquisition by Generali Vie of a portfolio of death covers and irreversible loss of autonomy covers.
Delivering ‘impeccable advice on competition matters‘, Karanovic & Partners‘ competition practice specialises in complex regional deals with multi-jurisdictional angles; high-profile cartel investigations; and major cases before the competition authorities and courts. The team additionally assists clients with competition-related compliance issues. The practice is co-led by M&A, competition law and business regulation expert Rastko Petaković; and Bojan Vučković, who has notable expertise in merger control, abuse of dominance and restrictive agreements. Bojana Miljanović Hussey is a recently-promoted partner, while the associates to note include Jelena Obradović, Stefan Savić and Mladen Vujić.
Rastko Petaković; Bojan Vučković
Other key lawyers:
Bojana Miljanović Hussey; Jelena Obradović; Stefan Savić; Mladen Vujić
‘Efficient, practical and technically very competent.’
‘Provides seamless all-around support, including impeccable advice on competition matters.’
‘Clients are very pleased with its work – the team is well known for its fast responses, accuracy and willingness to go above and beyond what is expected, which makes them exceptional in their service when compared with others.’
‘The entire team is unique, and has the ability to combine strategic, sophisticated advice with pragmatic execution.’
‘A very strong team with a large number of partners, who are always available to help clients.’
‘Always there for clients to resolve any problem with a great deal of dedication and initiative – a go-to firm in Serbia for antitrust and merger control work.’
‘Rastko Petaković and Bojan Vučković are both top-class lawyers for competition matters – always a pleasure to work with them.’
‘Bojan Vučković and Bojana Miljanović Hussey’s advice is crisp, pragmatic and on time. They get matters done efficiently.’
BIG Shopping Centers
- Assisted Volkswagen (and its subsidiary Traton SE), Daimler Truck and Aktiebolaget Volvo with merger control proceedings.
- Successfully assisted Stada and Sanofi with individual exemption proceedings before the competition authorities of Serbia, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina, which concerned their consumer healthcare distribution agreement.
- Successfully assisted Mondelēz Group with multi-jurisdictional merger filings in Serbia, Montenegro and North Macedonia.
Moravcevic Vojnovic and Partners in cooperation with Schoenherr‘s competition team routinely acts for clients with competition law issues involving Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro and North Macedonia. Key areas for the practice are antitrust investigations, merger control proceedings, damages actions, competition compliance, and state aid. The firm’s EU competition practice head for the Balkans, Srdjana Petronijević, is a go-to practitioner for multi-jurisdictional merger control proceedings; and Danijel Stevanović is a competition law and FDI control expert. The attorneys at law to note are Zoran Šoljaga and Minela Šehović.
Other key lawyers:
Danijel Stevanović; Zoran Šoljaga; Minela Šehović
‘Professionals who are experts in this field – well organised and punctual.’
‘A very experienced team with significant competition law expertise.’
‘Understands business, and knows how to handle specific issues involving sales and distribution policies.’
‘A very good reputation on the market – the team always acts in a responsive and professional manner. Clients are happy to work with such a team. ’
‘Schoenherr is a top law office in Serbia – outstanding in every sense, highly responsive and experienced, with a large, specialised team for competition law and state aid. A client-oriented team that clients can always call and consult with on any competition law topic – its expertise is unique in Serbia.’
‘Srdjana Petronijevic and attorney at law Zoran Šoljaga are experienced antitrust lawyers, who are easily approachable and provide clear advice.’
‘Srdjana Petronijevic is a leading lawyer in Serbia, and she always gives practical solutions and useful recommendations.’
‘Zoran Šoljaga’s experience at the Competition Authority is invaluable – it gives clients comfort regarding the compliance of business policies with the antitrust rules.’
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Apatinska pivara (Molson Coors)
Japan Tobacco International
Intesa Sanpaulo Bank
- Successfully assisted Goodyear with obtaining merger control approval from the Serbian Competition Authority for its acquisition of The Cooper Tire & Rubber Company.
- Successfully represented Nestle in merger control proceedings in Serbia (in addition to Albania, Montenegro and North Macedonia), which concerned its $5.7bn acquisition of The Bountiful Company.
- Ssuccessfully assisted Mercedes-Benz and Daimler Truck with obtaining merger control approvals from the Serbian and Macedonian competition authorities, in relation to the historic realignment of the former Daimler Group.
BDK Advokati AOD‘s competition and state aid law practice covers the assessment of commercial contracts, commercial policies and business models. It also advises on competition law compliance, in addition to acting in infringement proceedings, concentration notification-related proceedings, and applications for individual exemption of restrictive agreements. In addition, the group regularly assists with dawn raids and leniency applications. The competition practice is jointly headed by managing partner Tijana Kojović, who plays key roles in the firm’s transactional and dispute resolution work, and counsel and state aid expert Bisera Andrijašević.
Other key lawyers:
Compagnie de Saint-Gobain
- Assisted CEECAT Capital with a merger notification in Serbia, in relation to its acquisition of a majority ownership interest in Gomex doo, a grocery store chain in Serbia.
- Representing XLS doo in an ongoing competition law investigation involving alleged participation in restrictive agreements.
- Representing Archer-Daniels-Midland Company in merger approval proceedings in Serbia, in relation to its acquisition of Sojaprotein.
With ‘a wide range of competition law expertise‘, Doklestic Repic & Gajin routinely works alongside international law firms, in addition to assisting Serbian companies and multinationals’ local subsidiaries. The practice advises on competition matters across the Western Balkans, and is regularly instructed on mandates involving EU competition law issues. The practice of Serbia and New York-qualified competition head Dragan Gajin covers antitrust, merger control and state aid; and managing partner Slobodan Doklestic assists with private competition enforcement work and compliance matters. Managing associate Aleksandra Stojanovic is also an active team member.
Other key lawyers:
Slobodan Doklestic; Aleksandra Stojanovic
‘Very proactive, responsive team with good coverage of south-eastern Europe and a wide range of competition law expertise.’
‘The team is well known for its professionalism and easy way of explaining the difficulties of local competition law. The team uses new technologies well and adapts quickly to changing environments. Transparency as regards fees is also to be noted.’
‘Dragan Gajin’s competition team is very capable, highly responsive, and provides business-oriented advice.’
‘Dragan Gajin is highly responsive, and provides extremely practical and focused advice. He supervises all assignments personally which is highly appreciated.’
‘Dragan Gajin has solid knowledge of competition law and is very professional.’
‘Dragan Gajin is a name to note for his passion for explaining competition law. Despite the complexity of the field, he is always ready with sound yet digestible advice.’
‘Dragan Grajin is an excellent competition lawyer and a go-to antitrust practitioner in Serbia. He stands out in the region for his responsiveness, clear advice, ability to marshal resources in neighbouring jurisdictions quickly, and willingness to be flexible on fees in order to invest alongside international firms in client relationships.’
‘Dragan Gajin is a pioneer of competition law in the region. Definitely a go-to lawyer for any competition matter.’
EP Corporate Group
Všeobecná úverová banka
Československá obchodná banka
- Assisted Hungary-based MOL Group with a triple merger filing (Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina), in relation to the planned takeover of OMV Slovenia.
- Assisted five Slovak banks with a quadruple merger filing (Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and North Macedonia) for a joint venture in the cash services sector.
- Assisted Swiss-based MET Group with a merger filing for the acquisition of a biogas plant.
NKO Partners‘ ‘technically brilliant‘ competition practice is well known for its ability to identify potential competition law issues at early stages of M&A deals. Competition law clients additionally benefit from the group’s sector-specific expertise in real estate, technology, food and pharmaceuticals, along with the wholesale and retail industries. ‘Definitely a go-to person for competition-related matters‘, competition department leader Djuro Otašević has a broad practice, including acting before the Serbian Competition Commission. At senior associate level, Anđela Mirković‘s experience includes drafting and revising contracts to ensure compliance with competition rules.
Other key lawyers:
‘The quality of the NKO team is extremely high.’
‘Not only technically brilliant and sensitive to clients’ commercial needs, the team is obviously also very seasoned when it comes to restrictive agreements, public procurements, the ins and outs of administrative disputes, and the workings of both the Serbian Competition Commission and Serbian courts.’
‘The team led by Djuro Otašević is very professional and swift – it also focuses on a solution-oriented approach.’
‘Djuro Otašević is a very calm and structured lawyer who is able to provide clear legal advice.’
‘Djuro Otašević is highly knowledgeable and pragmatic. He is able to provide sound advice quickly while considering the big picture and clients’ commercial environment.’
‘Djuro Otašević is definitely a go-to person for competition-related matters.’
‘Senior associate Anđela Mirković has extensive legal expertise in the competition arena, as well as a commercial acumen and work ethic that make her a standout senior.’
A core area for Prica & Partners, its competition practice advises on significant corporate acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and business partnerships, as well as day-to-day business issues. It also assists with commercial contracts to ensure regulatory compliance with competition legislation. Darija Ognjenović‘s practice covers merger clearances, joint ventures, restrictive arrangements, and block and individual exemptions, along with state aid, public procurement, and proceedings before the Serbian Competition Authority. Fellow partner Tijana Lalić has a broad competition law practice, while associate Ana Krstić assists with merger control approvals and antitrust cases.
Darija Ognjenović; Tijana Lalić; Ana Krstić
Procter & Gamble
dm drogerie markt
The Rohatyn Group
- Representing international publishing company, Klett, in dawn raid and antitrust proceedings, in relation to alleged abuse of dominance in the primary school textbook market.
- Represented Trimo in a Phase 2 merger clearance proceeding before the Competition Authority, further to its sale to Kingspan.
Providing ‘a top-notch service‘, Radovanović Stojanović & Partners AOD, established as recently as 2021, acts in major antitrust proceedings, as well as high-stakes, multi-jurisdictional merger control filings. It also advises on vertical restraints, in addition to providing sector-specific competition advice in regulated industries, such as banking, telecoms and pharmaceuticals. Name partner and competition and antitrust head Raško Radovanović is Petrikic & Partneri AOD in cooperation with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz‘s former CEE competition practice co-ordinator. Anja Tasić leads the firm’s merger control and state aid practices, and Živko Kovačević is a key associate.
Raško Radovanović; Anja Tasić
Other key lawyers:
‘Top-notch service and tailor-made approach – its valuable experience, and up-to-date knowledge of the markets, regulations and regulatory practices, are what clients can expect when cooperating with RSP.’
‘Straight answers, value for money and professional relationships are what makes RSP easy to work with.’
‘The team is very responsive, highly practical, and attentive to our needs and objectives.’
‘Profound understanding of industry and dives into problems in order to understand the issues properly.’
‘Provides clear and concise advice, anticipates potential challenges in the future, and always has the bigger picture in mind – able to give clients’ management exactly what is needed to make an informed decision.’
‘Raško Radovanović is an exceptional lawyer with broad experience, managerial skills and decision-making abilities that make clients trustful regarding the process and final result.’
‘Raško Radovanović and Anja Tasić can resolve any obstacle, regardless of the complexity of the problem, stakeholders involved and number of markets.’
‘Anja Tasić is proactive and always provides solutions for any problem that comes up.’
British American Tobacco
Agri Europe Cyprus
- Representing Porsche Holding in an antitrust investigation initiated by the Serbian Competition Authority, in relation to resale price maintenance allegations.
- Advising AIK Banka, Agri Europe Cyprus and Gorenjska Banka (MK Group) on seven merger control filings for the group’s acquisition of six Sberbank subsidiaries.
- Advising Michelin on specific antitrust issues pertaining to complex distribution arrangements and related individual exemption proceedings.
An ‘excellent boutique firm‘, Subotic & Jevtic - Attorneys at Law fields sector specialists in regulated sectors, such as IT, IP, media, telecoms, pharmaceuticals, and banking and payments. With an excellent track record in winning complex competition cases, Milica Subotić is ‘a leading competition lawyer in Serbia‘. Providing key support at counsel level, Andreja Petrović is experienced in the application of competition law to the food and beverage, transport and construction sectors.
Other key lawyers:
‘Subotic & Jevtic – Attorneys at Law’s dedication and passion are rare and unprecedented.’
‘Excellent boutique firm with experienced lawyers.’
‘Comprises excellent individuals, who are experienced not only in competition law matters but also in several related legal fields, which makes the practice stand out from competitors.’
‘Strong dedication and deep understanding of the client’s needs and business, as well as good team work – strongly recommended.’
‘Milica Subotic is the most qualified and experienced attorney in this field in Serbia.’
‘Milica Subotic is an extremely quick thinker, who has a great imagination that enables clients to overcome any challenge.’
‘Milica Subotic is very experienced and hardworking.’
‘There is no doubt that Milica Subotic is a leading competition lawyer in Serbia – client oriented and flexible, and with a strong background in competition law.’
Wienerberger doo Serbia
Payten doo Belgrade
Business Association of Concrete producers of Serbia
Banca Intesa ad Belgrade
Mtel ad Banja Luka
Asseco SEE doo Belgrade
Agri Business Partner doo
Novo Nordisk doo
- Representing Atlantic Grupa before the Serbian Competition Authority in a case concerning possible anticompetitive conduct.
- Advising Nexe Grupa before the Serbian Competition Authority on possible retail price maintenance claims against it.
- Acting for Mtel ad Banja Luka before the Bosnian Competition Authority in enforcement proceedings against United Media.
Bojović Drašković Popović & Partners‘ ‘very competent and highly experienced individuals‘ are well known for obtaining unconditional clearance decisions within enviable time frames. The practice is also highly focused on abuse of dominant market positions, and has longstanding experience in vertical agreements. Serbia and New York-qualified competition head Uroš Popović has extensive experience in regional competition and antitrust matters. Senior associate Mario Kijanović advises on the competition aspects of M&A transactions.
Other key lawyers:
‘Among the top firms in its jurisdiction.‘
‘Known and recognised for its ability to handle both cross-border and local transactions seamlessly.’
‘Maintains a very professional relationship with clients.’
‘The team comprises very competent and highly experienced individuals.’
‘A very experienced team for competition matters that is led by Uroš Popović – highly professional individuals who provide goal-oriented advice. The team navigates clients through complex litigation proceedings with easily understandable advice.’
‘Uroš Popović is professional, competent and reliable. Among his main qualities is his ability to think ahead.’
‘Uroš Popović is always on top of tasks.’
‘Uroš Popović has in-depth knowledge of the legal market, and is willing to go the extra mile for the client.’
Zlatni lav Pharmacies
The Association of the Cement Industry
The Walt Disney Company
MSC Global Shipping Company
- Advising the Zlatni lav pharmacy chain on the competition aspects of the sale of all its capital to Dr Max Group.
- Advising Infobip on the competition aspects of the acquisition of Netokracija.
- Advised Dun & Bradstreet on the competition aspects of its $818m acquisition of data and analytics company Bisnode.
Founding member of the Adriala law firm alliance, BOPA Bojanovic & Partners, is ‘capable of handling the most complex competition issues‘. The practice predominantly assists with abuse of dominance claims and restrictive covenants. It also advises on merger filings. Heading the competition and antitrust department, Vladimir Bojanović ‘stands out for his excellent business acumen‘. Bojanović’s industry focus ranges from energy, infrastructure, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, to TMT, transport, and food and beverage.
Other key lawyers:
‘A great competition firm in Serbia and the region.’
‘This firm plays a pivotal role in Serbia’s competition market in Serbia. Its greatest strength is the continuous education of team members, who closely cooperate with the largest Magic Circle law firms and advise some of the market’s largest players.’
‘Strong international experience and great collaborative skills.’
‘Capable of handling the most complex competition issues.’
‘Availability and a client approach that is unrivalled.’
‘Vladimir Bojanović leads a team of amazing professionals.’
‘‘Vladimir Bojanović stands out for his excellent business acumen.’
‘Tanja Dugonjić is full of knowledge, efficient and business oriented.’
NLB dd Ljubljana
Joksovic, Stojanovic & Partners‘ ‘excellent, highly educated and experienced lawyers‘ specialise in competition law under Republic of Serbia and Montenegro legislation. The team is particularly active in advising on M&A and transaction-related competition issues. The practice is jointly headed by Milan Joksovic, who assists major multinationals in Serbia with compliance with competition legislation, distribution agreements, and representation before the Serbian Commission for Protection of Competition; and fellow senior partner Petar Stojanovic.
Milan Joksovic; Petar Stojanovic
Other key lawyers:
Goran Vučić; Dragan Psodorov
‘The team has a unique perspective that transcends global and local points of view. Lawyers who speak English, and deal well with international clients, but are very well versed in local Serbian legal intricacies. Collaboration is smooth, whether by Zoom or in person.’
‘A loyal partner that is very professional, fast, and (even more importantly) efficient. Clients never face any delays or lack of service. Behind this is not just technology, but people who make the collaboration respectful and effective.’
‘Sound, pragmatic and implementable advice.’
‘Strong experience and practice in terms of distribution, corporate law, and competition clearance questions.’
‘Quality, efficiency and dedication.’
‘Excellent, highly educated and experienced lawyers – highly appreciated. Clients’ long-term collaborations with JSP are the best indication of the quality of its legal work.’
‘Petar Stojanovic and Goran Vučić are phenomenal. They know how to listen, and know how to work business perspectives into legal matters.’
‘Dragan Psodorov has shown himself to be valuable to clients.’
Merck Sharp & Dohme
Fondacija Alek Kavcic
Alek Kavcic Foundation (USA)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
- Representing Fondacija Alek Kavcic before the Commission for Protection of Competition in an abuse of dominant position procedure concerning the primary school book market.
- Advised Robert Bosch on various competition law matters, including employee education and contract distribution.
- Advised Merck on the local aspects of a global spin-off, further to which Organon was created.
Law Office Miroslav Stojanovic, in cooperation with Wolf Theiss has longstanding experience in merger filings, leniency programmes, restrictive agreements, and dominance issues. The practice is also experienced in local and EU state-aid matters. The competition practitioners in Belgrade are associates Jovan Mićović, Katarina Ranđelović and Aleksandar Jezdimirović, while the firm-wide competition and antitrust team is headed up by Vienna-based, Guenter Bauer. In early 2022, former counsel Maja Stanković left the firm.
Other key lawyers:
Jovan Mićović; Jovan Mićović; Aleksandar Jezdimirović; Miroslav Stojanović
RWA Raiffeisen Ware Austria
KKR & Co
- Successfully assisted RWA Raiffeisen Ware Austria AG with the multi-jurisdictional acquisition of the operations of Patent Co in Serbia (as well as its worldwide presence), which included parallel competition law filings in Serbia, North Macedonia and Montenegro.
- Acted for KKR & Co on its acquisition of majority stakes and control in several companies from different industry sectors, which included submission of the notification to the Serbian Commission for the Protection of Competition.
- Continuously advising longstanding client Mondelez International on a range of competition law issues.
Petrikic & Partneri AOD in cooperation with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz‘s ‘very strong competition practice‘ acts for a broad spectrum of clients on merger controls, and antitrust and state aid matters. Senior attorney and practice leader Srđan Janković is a former senior advisor in the Antitrust Division of the Serbian Commission for Protection of Competition. In addition to cartel and abuse of dominance work, Janković assists with cross-border merger control reviews.
‘CMS Belgrade has a very strong competition practice.’
‘Very familiar with the Serbian Commission for Protection of Competition and provides reliable competition advice.’
‘Exceptionally responsive and knowledgeable. Clients rely on its sound business advice for all competition-related matters.’
‘Friendly and direct relationships with clients make them unique.’
‘Senior attorney Srđan Janković is an outstanding lawyer – very responsive and great to work with. He used to work for the Serbian Competition Authority and has in-depth knowledge of the way the Authority will react to any situation.’
‘Srđan Janković is recommended to anyone facing merger control or antitrust issues in Serbia.’
Kansai Helios Group
Raiffeisen Bank International
Austrian Mint – Münze Österreich
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery
- Provides day-to-day advice to Delhaize Serbia, including various antitrust and merger-related matters.
- Advising A1 Serbia on a range of day-to-day competition matters.
- Providing merger-related assistance to Kansai Helios Group.
With ‘strong knowledge of competition issues‘, Stankovic & Partners (NSTLAW) regularly assists corporate clients with merger clearance proceedings and individual restrictive agreement exemption proceedings. It also acts in competition litigation. The experience of name partner Nenad Stankovic includes merger clearance and abuse of dominance issues, while of counsel Milos Androvic‘s practice covers merger control, abuse of dominance and restrictive agreements. Attorney at law Mitar Simonovic ‘offers a good, responsive service‘.
Milos Androvic; Nenad Stankovic
Other key lawyers:
‘As well as being impressed by the team’s track record, clients value its understanding of their business priorities.’
‘Great for its ability to provide effective legal advice and representation, and the level of service and responsiveness.’
‘Work is handled in a timely way and this is a firm that clients enjoy working with.’
‘A number of strong team members at a range of levels, who are able to handle cross-border matters.’
‘Excellent, responsive and diverse team.’
‘A very good team with strong knowledge of competition issues – delivers results on time and is always ready to provide additional explanations.’
‘Nenad Stankovic can always be relied upon for his international perspective, and impeccable legal and commercial advice.’
‘Attorney at law Mitar Simonovic offers a good, responsive service.’
Raiffeisen Bank Belgrade
- Advised Apatinska Pivara, part of the Molson Coors group, on the competition aspects of sales and distribution agreements.
- Acting for Imlek AD on key agreements involving services for the production of milk and dairy products, and whether these fall under the exemption regime.
Zivkovic & Samardzic Law Office
Zivkovic & Samardzic Law Office‘s ‘very commercially-focused team‘ has longstanding experience in advising on merger notifications. The group recently advised broadcaster RTS on the competition law aspects of a media services distribution agreement with Telekom Srbija. It also acts in abuse of dominance and cartel proceedings in regulated industries such as electronic communications, broadcasting, energy and financial services. The practice is led by competition law and TMT specialist Slobodan Kremenjak.
‘The team comprises members who are professionals in different areas, and each team member is highly dedicated to providing the best and most effective solutions for its clients.’
‘Responds to client requests in a short time, and very well organised to meet tight deadlines without any impact on the quality of the service.’
‘Fully dedicated to networking – regularly present at meetings held by international networks and chambers, which allows the firm to have a regional approach when providing legal services. This also allows it to provide services abroad for clients – very reasonable billing policy too.’
Eurobank ad Beograd
Generali Osiguranje Srbija
- Advised Eurobank ad Beograd on the merger with Direktna Banka ad Kragujevac, including obtaining regulatory clearances.
- Acting for DTL, a joint venture formed by several Serbian regional retail chains, in a proceeding instituted by the Serbian Competition Commission for an alleged restrictive agreement with its suppliers.
- Advised Serbian public service broadcaster RTS on the competition law aspects of its media services distribution agreement with Telekom Srbija.