Energy (excluding oil and gas) in Scotland
CMS' renewable energy team fields a cross-departmental group, which includes real estate, projects, finance, corporate, planning, construction, and dispute resolution practitioners. The group's client base primarily encompasses developers and funders, which instruct the practice to handle electricity transmission upgrades, onshore and offshore wind projects, large biomass and biogas schemes, solar power projects and public sector energy efficiency initiatives. Donald Cumming is a key name in the renewables projects team, Christine Worthington focuses on construction issues, and Chris McGarvey recently joined the firm from Pinsent Masons LLP to bolster its capabilities in the new technology and engineering process space.
Donald Cumming; Gordon Hay; Robin Hutchison; David McGowan; Timothy Pitt; Rob Wilson; Christine Worthington
Other key lawyers:
Jan Burgess; Mark Kirke; Jenny Allan; Chris McGarvey
‘CMS has a broad client base in the project and energy sector, which gives it excellent insight into current trends. Its advice is accurate and comprehensive, and its knowledge of renewables projects and infrastructure construction is unbeatable. Members of other teams are drawn in to assist and bring extra expertise as required. They always work well together.‘
‘Mark Kirke is first class. There are no prima donnas across the firm, and the individuals are very good at supporting each other and forming project delivery teams. Clients are particularly impressed by the quietly efficient Claire Wallis for renewables projects.‘
Aviva Investors GlobalServices Limited
NoBell Geospace Limited
Hargreaves Land Limited
Inch Cape Offshore Limited
Kincardine Offshore Wind Limited
Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) Limited
SSE Generation Limited
Scottish Water Horizons and Bandwidth Energy Limited
- Advised EDF Energy Renewables on the development of the Dorenell wind farm project.
- Acting on the development of the Moray East Offshore Windfarm.
- Advised Inch Cape Offshore on the development of a 110 turbine offshore wind farm including handling the construction and operation applications, the offshore met mast installation contracts, the planning permission for an onshore substation and cables, and a judicial review of the RSPB consents.
- Instructed by Scottish Water Horizons to assist with the power purchase agreements and construction and property matters arising from its Sharc heat recovery system.
- Representing Interserve Construction in a series of high-profile Scottish construction disputes relating to the delayed construction of the Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre.
Energy and projects work are cornerstones of Pinsent Masons LLP's Scottish practice. On the corporate front, the team acts for purchasers and vendors of renewable energy assets under the leadership of practice head Ian McCarlie, while the team's finance specialists regularly advise sponsors and banks on UK wind farm and solar refinancings. Legal director Kate Turner is a key name for low carbon, energy efficient schemes, decentralised energy projects and ESCO project structures for district heating projects. Also notable is the group's expertise in the dispute resolution space and regulatory matters. Chris McGarvey recently departed to CMS.
Other key lawyers:
Jacqueline Harris; Jennifer Ballantyne; Kate Turner;
‘The team at Pinsent Masons is very knowledgeable and experienced in the energy sector. Its practitioners are highly responsive and willing to go that extra mile to meet very pressing deadlines.‘
‘Pinsent Masons is an exceptionally professional firm with a lot of experience in property and planning matters in the renewable energy sector.‘
‘Kate Turner is refreshingly pragmatic and provides original thinking whilst maintaining the legal due diligence required.’
InfraRed / TRIG
Ross Developments / HALO Kilmarnock
- Acted for EDF Energy Renewables on its acquisition of the Neart Na Gaoithe wind farm from Mainstream Renewable Power.
- Advised KfW IPEX-Bank on the refinancing of the Calder Water, Millour Hill and Millour Hill Extension wind farm projects, owned by Community Wind Power.
- Assisted NTR with its first investment into the UK solar market.
- Instructed by Belltown Power to handle the sale of Discovery’s UK-based asset portfolio comprising four onshore wind farms and five ground-mounted solar projects to Foresight.
- Advising RWE Markinch on its development of an energy centre and associated district heating project to supply heat across Glenrothes.
The energy team at Shepherd and Wedderburn focuses on its key sub-sectors of offshore wind, onshore storage, floating wind and tidal, low carbon and transmission. Practice head Clare Foster specialises in project finance work and leads the firm's multi-disciplinary practice, which includes experts from the regulatory, corporate, construction, real estate and disputes groups. Moray Thomson and Anthony McEwan joined the firm from DWF to strengthen the planning and commercial real estate teams; and James Saunders retired.
Other key lawyers:
Scott McCallum; Colin Innes; Patricia Hawthorn
Neart na GaoitheOffshore Wind Ltd
Auchrobert Wind Energy Ltd
Green Investment Group
Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) Ltd
Moray Offshore Windfarm (West) Ltd
Simec Atlantis Energy Ltd
Scottish Power Renewables (UK) Ltd
Innogy Renewables UK Ltd
Forsa Energy Ltd
Brookfield Wind Energy
- Advising EDP Renewables on the onshore and offshore consent applications including full environmental impact assessment for an offshore wind development in the Moray Firth.
- Acting for Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) on the property, consenting and aviation aspects of the offshore wind farm, and the subsequent £2.6bn project financing.
- Advised a syndicate of lenders on a portfolio financing package of £680m provided to Ventient Energy (which is owned by JP Morgan Asset Management).
- Advised Scottish Power Renewables on the property, planning and construction aspects of its onshore wind farm portfolio.
- Advised Neart Na Gaoithe Offshore Wind on its sale to EDF Energy Renewables and also handled property matters and applications for new Section 36 consent and marine licences for the wind farm.
Brodies LLP is noted for its advice on first-of-a-kind projects including private electricity networks, tidal stream power, greenfield district heating networks, construction portfolio finance structures and biomethane gas network projects. The team also handles power purchasing agreements, CfD projects and rural property rights issues. Jointly led by Keith Patterson and Kirsty Macpherson, the group is comprised of experts from a wide range of practice areas including real estate, finance and corporate. Sarah-Jane McArthur focuses on low carbon energy projects, and managing associate Claire Reid has expertise in the wind, hydro and anaerobic sectors.
Keith Patterson; Kirsty Macpherson
‘The punctual, creative, constructive and pro- active legal approach delivered by Brodies is what makes it stand out from its competitors.‘
‘The team is always knowledgeable, helpful and quick to respond. The practitioners at Brodies are also happy to tell you when work is not required and to avoid unnecessary fees.‘
‘Sarah-Jane McArthur consistently shows great dexterity when it comes to guiding clients through legal challenges faced along the procurement process. She is easy to work with, always constructive and pro- active!‘
Grangemouth Renewable Energy Limited
Banks Renewables Limited
Murex Energy Limited
Forsa Energy Limited
Orbital Marine Power Limited
GFG Alliance including SIMEC and SIMEC Atlantis Energy
Guinness Asset Management
Hub East Central Limited
Clyde Gateway Developments Limited
- Acted for Simec Group on its purchase of 22 hydro projects developed by Green Highland Renewables from Ancala Partners.
- Advised ERG on its acquisition of Creag Riabhach Wind Farm Limited, the Scottish company which owns rights to build a 22 turbine wind farm in Sutherland.
- Handled the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Element Power UK and Ireland for Statkraft UK. This involved the purchase of operational assets in Ireland and several development assets in Scotland.
- Advised Orbital Marine Power on the development and finance of the Orbital O2 floating tidal stream project.
- Assisted Energy Isles with the development of a new onshore wind farm on Shetland.
Burness Paull LLP's full-service energy practice consists of dedicated renewable energy experts, who handle all aspects of the renewables sector including planning and consenting issues, the development and construction of projects, operation and maintenance work, financings, sales and disposals, community aspects and energy regulatory and advisory work. Peter Ward has a strong track record in the regulatory space while newly promoted managing partner Tamar Tammes heads up the real estate sub-group. Chris Gotts leads the group.
‘Burness Paull doesn’t rest on its laurels. The team works hard to give clients a truly responsive service at good rates.’
‘This is a very joined-up team ,which is aware and takes advantage of its breadth of skills. Its practitioners are very approachable, knowledgeable and commercial.‘
‘Both Peter Ward and Neil Bruce are excellent members of the team; they are very efficient, knowledgeable and keen to help. This, combined with its overall commercial approach, makes Burness Paull a go-to for sensible advice.‘
Scottish Power Renewables
EDF Energy Renewables
Invenergy Wind Europe
Fred Olsen Renewables
BayWa r.e. UK
York Green Renewables
Kincardine Offshore Wind
European Marine Energy Centre
- Acted for BayWa re UK on the due diligence, acquisition and subsequent development of the 18.8MW Tralorg wind farm.
- Instructed by Scottish Power Energy Retail to advise on several industrial and commercial and supply contracts with key customers in the UK.
- Advised EDF Energy Renewables on the sale of a 49% minority stake in 24 UK wind farms to Dalmore Capital and Pensions Infrastructure Platform.
- Advising a syndicate of 16 commercial banks including Santander Corporate and Investment Banking and Japan Bank for International Cooperation on all Scottish law onshore and offshore property and consenting aspects of the 950MW Moray East offshore wind farm project.
- Assisted Kincardine Offshore Windfarm with the onshore cable route for the Kincardine offshore wind farm, expected to be the world’s largest floating offshore wind farm.
The energy practice at Harper Macleod LLP has recently grown its expertise in the UK secondary and investment markets, alongside its knowledge of the smart city and lighting project sector. Led by David Bone, the group has enhanced its strong position in the community energy space and is a key name for corporate transactional work. Omar Ali counts developers landowners and funders as clients. Steven Brown recently retired.
Other key lawyers:
Pamela Todd; Omar Ali;
‘The service delivered by Harper Macleod is very partner based, and there is a commercial ethos and a desire to shield the client from the stresses and strains of the M&A arena.‘
‘Omar Ali is very calm and a problem solver. He provides an excellent service on property issues.‘
‘David Bone is a consummate senior partner.‘
Forestry Commission Scotland
Fred Olsen Renewables Limited
InfraRed Capital Partners
Aberdeen Standard Investments
Abundance Investment Limited
Scottish Renewables Forum Limited
Natural Power Consultants
Glasgow City Council
- Acted for Fred Olsen Renewables on a sale to Aviva Investors of 49% of the shares in companies, which own two wind farms in the south of Scotland – Brockloch Rig and Crystal Rig 3.
- Handled the sale of the completed Afton wind farm to Red Rock Power, a subsidiary of the Chinese stateowned company SDIC, for InfraRed Capital Partners.
- Advised Aberdeen Standard Investments’ infrastructure debt team on a £43m loan to finance six operational hydroelectric schemes, all of which are situated on rivers in the Scottish Highlands.
- Advised Abundance Investments on the launch of Orbital Marine Power’s campaign to raise £7m to fund the construction of a 2MW tidal stream turbine off Orkney.
- Assisting with the Fair Isle Generation and Storage Project for the developer and the electricity supplier.
Addleshaw Goddard's group is recognised in Scotland for its work in the onshore wind sector, where it advises a range of established developers, funders, contractors, and new market entrants. While the team is notably strong in corporate and financing matters, the planning consent and dispute resolution teams are increasingly active in the space. Alan Shanks heads up the practice, and Paul Minto advises on energy and climate change regulatory issues.
Other key lawyers:
Paul Minto; Sarah Baillie; Alison Horner; Murray Jack
Red Rock Power Limited
Kincardine Offshore Windfarm
Scotia Gas Networks
Gravis Capital Partners
- Advised Red Rock Power, a subsidiary of SDIC Power, on its acquisition of Afton Wind Farm, a 50MW asset in East Ayrshire, Scotland.
- Instructed by SSE to handle its proposed application to the Secretary of State for a Development Consent Order to develop a new gas-fired power station near the Ferrybridge Power Station.
- Advising SGN on consenting matters relating to its gas transmission asset portfolio.
- Acting for GreenPower International on its acquisition of Drumduff wind farm.
Anderson Strathern has a strong track record acting for landowners on onshore renewable energy projects, and has also recently been notably active assisting its landowner clients with renewable projects as part of land diversification strategies. The practice, led by Bruce Farquhar, also handles offshore matters, notably for the Crown Estate, and counts several operators and developers of gas-to-grid projects as clients. Martin Whiteford is also a key name to note.
Other key lawyers:
Simon Brown; Neil Farrell; Martin Whiteford
‘The team is known for its top skills, good experience and partner-led work.‘
‘The Anderson Strathern team is efficient and commercial with a desire to get a deal done, all while ensuring that the client’s position is protected at all times.‘
‘Neil Farrell is one of the best property lawyers in Scotland.‘
‘Bruce Farquhar leads the practice with great knowledge, resourcefulness and creativity.‘
‘Bruce Farquhar and his team deliver exceptional service and thorough knowledge of both wind and solar projects. They take the client all the way; from agreeing the initial option agreement to the delivery of a bankable project.‘
The Crown Estate Scotland
Emergya Wind Technologies
Locogen Developments Limited
Thöni Industriebetriebe Gmbh
- Advised the Crown Estate Scotland on granting project rights to Pale Blue Dot Energy and Acorn CCS for large scale carbon capture in the North Sea.
- Acted for Bluemerang Capital on the sale and financing processes for a wind turbine portfolio to Malaysian energy giant Tenaga Nasional as part of a joint sale with Temporis of assets totalling £170m.
- Advising Roxburghe Estate – Sunlaws Development Company as landowner on the extension of the Fallago Rig wind farm.
- Instructed by Greenhags Energy Company to assist with a major biogas to grid project, which has recently obtained planning permission.
Dentons' 2017 merger with Maclay Murray & Spens LLP expanded its presence in the Scottish market and allowed the Scottish offices to leverage the significant resources of the global network. The group has also grown its client base adding several global clients to its well-established domestic client base; it was recently appointed by the Scottish government to advise on the implementation of its energy efficiency programme. David Cruickshank leads the renewables practice and is a member of the firm's international cross-practice energy transition initiative.
Other key lawyers:
Allan Cairns; Bill Fowler; Paul Young
‘The expertise and in-depth industry knowledge Dentons demonstrates is vital to ensuring a smooth and successful transaction. Clients could not commend them highly enough.‘
European Energy Efficiency Fund
Green Investment Group
SIMEC Atlantis Energy
Tenaga Nasional Bhd
Triple Point LLP
- Advised Aggreko on all aspects of its partnership with Gold Fields to introduce solar, battery and conventional gas power generation at the Granny Smith gold mine in Western Australia.
- Instructed by Triple Point to advise on its investment into the UK gas peaking sector, successfully closing on 3 further gas peaking generation projects.
- Assisting the Scottish government with the options for a national delivery mechanism for Scotland’s energy efficiency programme.
- Acted for the European Energy Efficiency Fund on its first debt financing in the UK.
BTO Solicitors LLP's renewable energy team is jointly led by Nicolas McBride and Jeremy Glen and regularly acts for surveyors, accountants, banks and other legal firms. The group regularly leverages the firm's wider commercial litigation group and represents commercial developers and operators, community renewables groups and projects, and landowners on the diversification of landed estates for wind and hydro developments.
Nicholas McBride; Jeremy Glen
Other key lawyers:
Triodos Bank N.V.
CRF Hydro Power Limited
Northern Energy developments Limited
Luss Estates Company
Allt Dearg Wind Farmers LLP
Inver Hydro Limited
Turnalt Hydro Limited
Srondoire Wind Farmers Limited
- Acted for Triodos Bank on the refinancing of an operational single-turbine community wind farm from another funder.
- Instructed by Appin Hydro to advise on the corporate structure of a joint venture project as well as the funding aspects.
- Assisted Angus Braidwood & Sons with an option and lease agreement relating to the Abbotshaugh Reserve Power Facility.
Davidson Chalmers Stewart's team regularly advises on a range of different renewable technologies and all elements of the related projects including corporate and commercial advice, property and construction contracts, planning work, environmental mandates and specialist rural business issues. The group's client roster includes developers, public sector bodies, investors and suppliers, which it also acts for in disputes. Laura Tainsh heads up the group and regularly acts for renewable energy developers.
Other key lawyers:
Jacqueline Cook; Louise Jones; Andy Drane
‘The energy practitioners at Davidson Chalmers are very pragmatic and reasonably priced.‘
‘Laura Tainsh and Stephanie Mackenzie have excellent knowledge of the renewable energy sector and are both very reliable.’
ABO Wind AG/ABO Wind UK
Ark Hill Wind Farm Ltd
Ripple Energy Ltd
Sapphire Energy Ltd
Gala Water & Mill Lades Society Ltd
ENR (Scotland) Ltd
Leo Group Ltd
- Advising Peel Energy on a number of significant onshore wind projects in the Shetland Islands.
- Assisting ABO Wind with its Scottish projects, which were recently put out to market; the team handled the due diligence processes and various bespoke aspects.
- Advised Ark Hill Wind Farm on its £17m sale through an auction process.
- Successfully acted for Leo Group in an appeal against an Ofgem ruling that infrastructure installed by the company did not merit the award of benefits under the renewable heat incentive scheme.
The energy practice at DWF handles the full spectrum of energy issues spanning corporate, finance, regulatory and commercial advice; real estate, planning and environmental work, and major projects and procurements. Jointly led by corporate expert Wayne Lawrence in Edinburgh and Glasgow-based David Gilchrist, the group is noted for its expertise in the electricity, gas and renewables sectors. Joanna Hamilton joined TLT, and Anthony McEwan and Moray Thomson departed to Shepherd and Wedderburn.
Wayne Lawrence; David Gilchrist
Other key lawyers:
‘The team at DWF is very practical and forward-thinking. Its energy specialists are able to give prompt and specialist advice.‘
‘Suzanne Moir is very good at explaining complex issues and remains undaunted by setbacks. Alasdair Peacock is utterly brilliant at business law, and Wendy Wraight has great attention to detail.‘
Yorkshire Gas and Power
Yingli Green Energy Europe GmbH
Yingli Namene Solar Limited
Certas Energy UK Limited
Vensys Energy AG
Aberdeenshire Council, Aberdeen City Council and Moray Council
Dundee City Council and Angus Council
South Staffordshire plc
Gildemeister Energy Solutions GmbH
Discovery Park Limited
Farm Energy Partnership LLP
Namene Solar Light Company
- Advised Aberdeen City Council, Aberdeenshire Council and Moray Council on the procurement of a £120m joint energy-from-waste development in Aberdeen.
- Advising SPT on the Kendoon to Tongland 132kV Reinforcement Project.
Gillespie Macandrew LLP's energy expertise leverages the firm's rural and agricultural knowledge to handle large onshore, island and offshore projects. The practice regularly works with the planning and construction, regulatory, land litigation and judicial review departments. Derek McCullough leads the energy, infrastructure and natural resources group, which also includes Amy McDowell, who handles renewables and strategic land developments.
Other key lawyers:
Amy McDowell; Colin Hamilton
‘As a multi-disciplinary firm, Gillespie MacAndrew provides specialist advice across a number of aspects of renewable projects; in particular it provides expert knowledge on agricultural and forestry matters as they relate to commercial renewable energy leases. It also has a collaborative and practical approach to negotiating documentation.‘
‘Colin Hamilton provides clear and balanced advice on the procedural issues around CPO matters. Derek McCullogh and Amy McDowell also provide direct and well-thought-through advice on renewable energy projects. Across the board, the team is friendly and easy to deal with.‘
Seagreen Wind Energy
SGN (Scotia Gas Networks)
- Acted for Seagreen Wind Energy on securing the Seagreen corridor for connection to the grid, and also handled the judicial review by RSPB of the Forth and Tay offshore wind farms’ combined consent.
- Advised on all aspects of Viking Energy Wind Farm’s 450MW wind farm development.
- Advised on a case management protocol and bespoke systems for SSE and SGN, which will assist with over 250 network infrastructure, substation and connection arrangements for electricity and gas supply to key developments.
- Advised Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission on the connection of the Orkney mainland and islands to the British mainland grid through the installation of an underground land cable from the subsea landing point and the installation of a 132kv transmission connection from the north to the south of the Orkney mainland.
MacRoberts LLP has specialist expertise across a range of disciplines including real estate, construction, planning, IP, power purchase agreements and energy regulation. The energy practice's key clients encompass developers, infrastructure providers and public sector bodies; the team also recently added Together Energy to its client roster. Team head Nick Jones is based in Edinburgh and has particular strength in wind farm developments.
Other key lawyers:
Mike Barlow; Ian Bowie; David McGuire
‘The energy team is pragmatic and experienced.’
‘Gillian Campbell is pragmatic, knowledgeable and patient throughout challenging transactions.‘
SP Energy Networks
Together Energy Limited
Falk Renewables Wind
Brookfield Renewable UK
Orenda Energy Solutions
Breedon Group/Breedon Northern
- Assisted Together Energy with the negotiation and completion of a wholesale power trading agreement with BP Gas Marketing to enable the forward trading and hedging of gas and electricity volumes.
- Handled the real estate arrangements for GridCodePower’s portfolio of battery storage sites, including lease options, access rights, title due diligence and the preparation of reports of title prior to the sale of the portfolio.
- Advising Suez Recycling and Recovery UK on its bid for the Ness Energy Project in Aberdeen.
- Acted for the National Trust for Scotland on a large renewables project including reviewing and negotiating the main turbine and solar array lease to the Isle of Canna Community Development Trust.
Morton Fraser is recognised for its advice on property matters relating to energy projects. The group is particularly noted for its strong track record handling the specialised crofting and agricultural issues arising from energy developments. The energy team also acts for landowners and developers on consenting, licensing, developing and financing issues, and commercial agreements. Environmental law specialist Nick Atkins heads up the group and is also an expert in nuclear law; and James Rust handles onshore renewables projects for landowners. The firm's agricultural practice was recently bolstered by the arrival of Linsey Barclay-Smith from Thorntons Law LLP.
United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority
Dounreay Site Restoration Limited
Ministry of Defence
Social Investment Scotland
Glenmuckloch Community Energy Park Limited
Scottish Wildlife Trust
- Advised the UK Atomic Energy Authority and Dounreay Site Restoration on nuclear site decommissioning work and the disposal of radioactive waste.
- Represented the Ministry of Defence in Scotland in its objection to the Hill of Towie II wind farm in Morayshire.
- Acted for Social Investment Scotland on its business loan lending to the third sector in Scotland.
- Assisted Glenmuckloch Community Energy Park with the development of two community wind turbines.
Wright, Johnston & Mackenzie LLP
Property expert Andy McFarlane heads up Wright, Johnston & Mackenzie LLP's energy practice, which has a focus on development work, particularly in the onshore wind space where it has a strong track record. The group has also been active in private wire and ICP grid connection work, while the planning sub-team has acted in section 36 inquiries and planning appeals relating to onshore wind. The department also leverages the firm's private client, rural and estates, corporate and tax departments.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team tailors its advice and expertise to suit the needs of its clients.‘
‘The team seems genuinely interested, understanding of, and motivated to help meet the needs of renewable energy developers.’
‘It is evident that the practitioners at Wright, Johnston and Mackenzie enjoy their jobs; team morale is high and the individuals have a great ability to simplify what can seem like complex and challenging legal planning issues.‘
Renewable Energy Systems Limited
Innogy Renewables UK Limited
Forsa Energy Limited
Muirhall Energy Limited
Vento Ludens Limited
Coriolis Energy Limited
SIMEC Wind One Limited
Brookfield Renewable UK Limited
Fred Olsen/Natural Power
Partnership for Renewables
- Advising Energiekontor UK on a planning appeal relating to its 12 turbine, 39MW Pines Burn wind farm on the Scottish Borders.
- Assisted Renewable Energy Systems with the property, planning and agricultural elements of the sale of Solwaybank wind farm.
The energy practice at DLA Piper Scotland LLP has expertise to advise on wind projects, photovoltaic power matters and anaerobic digestion plants. The team is notable for its planning and construction knowledge, and, as part of the firm's global network, regularly assists clients with cross-border projects and transactions.
At Ledingham Chalmers LLP, the energy practice spans the firm's corporate, litigation, construction, agriculture and commercial property departments. The group has also strengthened its position in the renewables market and recently acted for several landowners on onshore renewable projects. Corporate partner Peter Murray and agriculture specialist Jim Drysdale jointly lead the group.
Peter Murray; Jim Drysdale
Other key lawyers:
Arjo Wiggins Fine Papers Limited
Aberdeen Renewable Energy Group
Puffin Energy Limited
Pale Blue Dot Energy Limited
- Provided Pale Blue Dot Energy with general corporate and contracting advice on carbon capture, transportation and storage projects.
Turcan Connell stands out for its landed estate and agricultural expertise, and fields a multidisciplinary team, which acts on issues arising from renewable energy projects including business law, land, property and tax matters. Recent work highlights include battery storage projects, wind matters, solar issues and energy-from-waste schemes, which it handles for landowners, developers and funders. Jonathan Robertson leads the team as part of the land and property group.