The renewable energy team at CMS combines local knowledge with international reach, with it being able to leverage the firm's global network for support on cross-border projects. Its multidisciplinary team draws on expertise from its real estate, construction, planning, finance and projects groups. The high-profile client roster includes global energy companies, funders and independent developers. The practice covers onshore and offshore wind, biomass, biogas, solar and hydrogen technologies, among others. Chris McGarvey is recommended for regulatory matters involving the gas, electricity and water utilities sectors. Christine Worthington is a name to note for construction-related energy matters. Donald Cumming retired.
Energy (excluding oil and gas) in Scotland
Gordon Hay; Jenny Allan; Robin Hutchison; Chris McGarvey; David McGowan; Rob Wilson; Christine Worthington
Other key lawyers:
‘They have got a very good understanding of their clients’ needs and keep their feet on the ground.’
‘Rob Wilson is extremely solid and can be relied on to go the extra mile for his clients.’
‘A very strong team with wide experience.’
‘We really value the team’s commercial approach to their advice – time and again they add real value to our deals.’
‘Chris McGarvey is absolutely excellent; very bright, deeply experienced, commercially focused and very hard working.’
‘Chris McGarvey has become a key member of our wider team and is valued and trusted by our business as well as the in-house legal team.’
‘I can’t recommend Chris McGarvey highly enough.’
European energy company
Dogger Bank A & B Offshore Windfarms (SSE Renewable and Equinor)
Inch Cape Offshore Limited (Red Rock Power and ESB)
Triodos Bank UK Limited
Scottish Enterprise/Celtic Renewables
Scottish Offshore Wind Energy Council
Community Wind Power
Pale Blue Dot
- Advised and led negotiations for SSE Networks for the delivery of all civil engineering works and subsea cables and long service maintenance agreements for the 275km 600MW HVDC subsea cable transmission link connecting Shetland to the GB mainland.
- Advising Pale Blue Dot on all aspects of its Acorn CCS and Hydrogen Projects at St Fergus, Peterhead.
- Leading on all planning and regulatory advice for the Dogger Bank A Offshore Windfarm and Dogger Bank B Offshore Windfarm for SSE Renewables and Equinor.
Pinsent Masons LLP
Pinsent Masons LLP is ‘a first choice go-to law firm for all aspects of renewable energy delivery’. As a core pillar of its offering in Scotland, the energy team excels in advising on project finance transactions, project-related M&A, planning, energy trading and regulatory matters. The team is jointly led by Ian McCarlie and recently-promoted partner Ronan Lambe. McCarlie is recommended for his expertise in joint ventures, project acquisitions and development. Lambe focuses on renewables and cleantech projects. Jennifer Ballantyne is a key name to note for planning and environment matters relating to wind farms, solar, hydrogen, biomass, and wave and tidal technologies.
Ian McCarlie; Ronan Lambe
Other key lawyers:
Jennifer Ballantyne; Gary McGovern
‘Seamless integration into business means that they understand our drivers and can apply good initiative to transactions.’
‘Deep understanding of our business, not just of our industry.’
‘Positive personal connections, knowing that advice can be trusted as correct and relevant to our business.’
‘Ronan Lambe is both a technically excellent lawyer, as well as highly skilled at client care.’
‘Pinsent Masons has stood out uniquely to me as my first choice go-to law firm for all aspects of renewable energy delivery.’
‘The team is coordinated and coherent over many disciplines, over many people and over many years – this adds to quality and value.’
‘The team is highly motivated, professional, dedicated and delivers quality results quickly.’
‘Ian McCarlie has unparalleled knowledge of the renewables market, holds key relationships with every part of the supply chain and has his finger on the pulse with market transactions.’
Red Rock Power Limited
Tesco Stores Limited
Seagreen Wind Energy Limited
Warrens Emerald Biogas
RWE Renewables UK Developments Limited.
- Advised Red Rock Power on the sell-down of a 50% interest in the Inch Cape Offshore Wind Farm to the Irish Electricity Supply Board (ESB) and on the joint venture arrangements for the development of the project between the parties.
- Advised NTR plc on the €370m refinancing of its 220MW onshore wind portfolio.
- Advised Tesco on all aspects of a major project to source green electricity directly from wind farms and solar parks in order to meet their 2030 zero carbon targets.
Shepherd and Wedderburn
Shepherd and Wedderburn stands out for its focus on, and commitment to, the green recovery and journey to net zero; this is demonstrated by its involvement with the Global Ethical Finance Initiative, the Edinburgh Climate Commission and the Scottish Council for Development and Industry (SCDI). The practice focuses on offshore wind, onshore renewables and storage, floating wind and tidal, and low carbon subsectors of renewable energy. Head of clean energy Clare Foster is a dual-qualified project finance specialist, while Colin Robertson is a key name to note for real estate-related renewable energy matters.
Clare Foster; Colin Robertson; Scott McCallum; Liz McRobb; Patricia Hawthorn; Stephen Trombala; Gareth Parry; Colin Innes
‘The team provides customer care, collaboration and swift and prompt support.’
‘Clare Foster is absolutely outstanding.’
Moray Offshore Windfarm (West) Limited (a subsidiary of Ocean Winds)
BayWa r.e. UK Limited
Simec Atlantis Energy Limited
MUFG Limited (formerly The Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ)
Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Limited (NNG) (a subsidiary of EDF Energy Renewables Limited)
Five Estuaries Offshore Wind Farm Limited
Forsa Energy Limited
- Advising on all consenting, regulatory and property matters for Moray West Offshore Wind Farm.
- Acing for BayWa r.e. UK on the sale of the eight-turbine (circa 24MW) Inverclyde Wind Farm to Gresham House Renewable Energy LP.
- Acting for ScottishPower Renewables (SPR) on the acquisition of all land rights required for the installation and operation of SPR’s 50MW battery storage project at the operational Whitelee onshore windfarm.
Addleshaw Goddard has historically been strong in the buying, selling and financing of onshore wind farms, and it has recently seen an uptick in work relating to hydroelectric schemes. With strong support from the real estate and planning teams, the energy and renewables group has also recently been involved in a number of battery storage projects. Alan Shanks, who heads up the team, focuses on financing in the clean energy sector. In June 2020, Suzanne Moir joined from DWF together with her team. Alison Horner retired.
Other key lawyers:
Sarah Baillie; Murray Jack; Suzanne Moir
Red Rock Power
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Acting for Deutsche Bank as Scots counsel for the original lenders on a refinancing of Drax existing RCF with a £300m revolving credit facility which includes an embedded ESG component.
- Advised BGF and Bluewater Energy in connection with a refinancing of existing facilities and intercreditor arrangements relating to their existing loan note investment in the ROVOP Group.
- Advised the Commonwealth Bank of Australia as arranger, incoming lender and hedge counterparty in relation to the provision of finance to refinance a portfolio of UK onshore wind farms owned by GCP Infrastructure Investments Limited.
Brodies LLP is particularly active in the independent power and low carbon sectors, where it advises international and domestic developers, as well as funders. Key areas of focus include onshore wind, tidal and heat energy, and it is also known for subsidy-free and contract for difference (CfD) projects. Keith Patterson jointly leads the renewables team with Kirsty Macpherson. Patterson is recommended for transactional and project finance work, while Macpherson handles real estate-related energy matters for developers and landowners. Sarah-Jane McArthur counts developers, sponsors and banks among her clients, and managing associate Claire Reid is recommended for wind, hydrogen and anaerobic digestion projects.
Keith Patterson; Kirsty Macpherson
Other key lawyers:
Sarah-Jane McArthur; Claire Reid; Michael Stoneham
‘The energy team at Brodies has excellent technical capabilities – industry knowledge and expertise that really sets the team apart in the market. The team aren’t afraid to tackle new issues or groundbreaking projects, and have a very solution focused approach to all instructions.’
‘Keith Patterson’s technical and legal capabilities are exceptional, particularly in the grid and regulatory side of the sector. He is able to translate that knowledge for different types of client, and to understand commercial drivers and pressures. Sarah-Jane McArthur is another very capable partner.’
‘Michael Stoneham is very experienced in the energy sector and is very hands on and involved in the detail of the deals.’
‘Kirsty Macpherson is not only extremely competent, but also very nice to work with. She is super reactive, subtle and autonomous. Not only does she identify the issues, but she always comes up with solutions.’
‘They are solution driven and practical, and commercial in their approach.’
‘Wide experience in a range of energy projects.’
‘Robust understanding of client needs in relation to energy projects, especially large-scale district heating.’
‘Outstanding expertise in regulatory and contractual matters.’
Tiger Infrastructure Partners
Cubico Sustainable Investments
- Supporting Orbital Marine Power in the delivery of a unique floating tidal stream project.
- Acting for Energy Isles Limited on the development of >120MW island onshore windfarm.
- Advising Clydesdale Bank Limited on financing the acquisition of a portfolio of biomass projects.
Burness Paull LLP is well regarded for handling high-profile projects in Scotland, including the financing, acquisition and development of onshore windfarms. It has considerable experience in innovative new technologies, such as battery storage, floating offshore wind, and carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS). Chris Gotts heads up the practice. Peter Ward acts for renewables companies, utilities and lenders, with a focus on regulatory matters. Managing partner Tamar Tammes has over 20 years of experience in the renewables sector. Neil Bruce handles the property aspects of energy projects. Chris Horsley was promoted to director.
Other key lawyers:
Peter Ward; Tamar Tammes; Neil Bruce; Chris Horsley; Alasdair Sutherland; Sophie Coffey
‘The firm’s commitment to the client is second to none.’
‘Neil Bruce is really good at client care.’
‘Thorough knowledge of land issues in the renewables sector.’
‘Neil Bruce is absolutely committed to a shared client relationship and really looks after the real estate contacts.’
‘Burness Paull are our go-to partner law firm for all renewable energy project related matters that involve Scots law.’
‘Their experience, built over a number of years working in this sector, sets them apart.’
‘They are commercial, solutions-focused and collaborative.’
EDF Energy Renewables
Gore Street Energy Storage Fund
Fred Olsen Renewables
BayWa r.e. UK
- Advised the MUFG-led funding syndicate in relation to the Scots law aspects of the financing of the 1,075MW Seagreen 1 Offshore Wind Farm which will be Scotland’s largest wind farm once complete and will generate enough electricity to power 1 million homes.
- Advised Brockwell Energy on the development of a number of projects in various technologies including onshore wind, solar and energy from waste, and in particular on key development aspects (including property, consenting and grid/infrastructure elements) of the 45 megawatt Dalquhandy Wind Farm and on the Scots Law aspects of the subsequent sale of the project to BayWa.r.e. UK.
- Advising St Andrews University on the joint venture arrangements, development, construction and offtake of electricity from the proposal solar PV project, being developed on University land. The project represents the University’s transition to Net Zero and being self-sufficient in its energy generation.
Anderson Strathern is well known in the market for its representation of landowners, developers and investors on a range of renewable energy projects. It is experienced in the wind, solar, biomass and hydrogen sectors, and has unique expertise in marine renewables. Bruce Farquhar (a partner in the corporate and commercial team) handles transactional work, while Neil Farrell specialises in commercial real estate and Martin Whiteford is recommended for regulatory compliance and grid issues.
Bruce Farquhar; Neil Farrell; Martin Whiteford
‘The team are very flexible in their approach and always available.’
‘I have recommended them on numerous occasions to my peers.’
‘All experts in their respective fields but work together as an excellent team.’
‘They all go above and beyond when required, I cant speak highly enough of them.’
‘We enjoy working with them and value their proactive style of working.’
‘The energy practice comprises a good mix of skills, including lawyers who are skilled at acting for both developers and landowners.’
‘Bruce Farquhar is very knowledgeable about the local market and is particularly adept at facilitating opportunities for clients.’
The Crown Estate Scotland
Vento Ludens Limited/ Hydro Ludens Limited
European Energy A/S
Greenforty Development Limited
ReFLEX Orkney Limited
Thöni Industriebetriebe Gmbh
- Advising ReFLEX Orkney Limited on a project to deliver an integrated local energy system that aims to create a “smart energy island” and decarbonise Orkney by 2030.
- Advising Crown Estate Scotland on the Scotwind leasing round- granting property rights for seabed in Scottish waters for up to 10GW of a new commercial-scale offshore wind project development.
- Advising Eurowind Energy on its first UK project, an 8 turbine wind farm in the Scottish borders known as Howpark.
With support from its global network of offices, Dentons is well-placed to handles domestic and international mandates. It is experienced in traditional renewable energy projects and has recently been handling a number of matters in the energy transition sector, which has seen a boost due to government green recovery initiatives. David Cruickshank, who is the head of the energy, transport and infrastructure team, is recommended for hybrid technologies, large-scale renewables and electronic vehicle (EV) infrastructure projects.
Other key lawyers:
Stuart Fitzsimmons; Bill Fowler; Paul Young
‘The team have taken the time to get to know and understand our business and our team along with aligning themselves with our requirements and objectives’.
‘Despite being a third party provider, they now feel like an extension of our internal team’.
‘The individual attention and detail provided by David Cruishank has been excellent and we have now built up a solid rapport with a clear understanding of efficient ways of working’.
Dalmore Capital Limited
Power by Britishvolt plc
Viking Energy Shetland
Tenaga Nacional Berhad
China Nuclear Power Design Company
- Advising Power by Britishvolt on all aspects of the location and building of a 500m2 “giga” factory in the UK for the manufacturing of lithium ion (and successor technology) batteries targeting electric vehicle production.
- Advising on China Nuclear Power Design the design contract for the Bradwell B Nuclear Power station.
- Advised Octopus on its acquisition of two operating onshore wind farms managed by Longspur Capital and located at Bargoed, Caerphilly, Wales and North Cliffe, Yorkshire.
Gillespie Macandrew LLP
Gillespie Macandrew LLP continues to broaden its expertise in the renewables space and has recently been instructed in relation to hydrogen, solar, grid-level storage and multi-source renewable energy projects. It acts for landowners, developers and local authorities. The practice works closely with its planning and construction, regulatory and corporate colleagues to provide a joined-up approach to renewables. Derek McCulloch heads up the practice. Simon Williams is another key individual.
Other key lawyers:
Simon Williams; Amy McDowell; Colin Hamilton
‘The expertise of the firm in the rural sector combined with their knowledge of renewable energy contracts means they are able to provide clear and practical solutions-based advice for land owning clients.’
‘In particular, their experience of the forestry sector puts them ahead of the majority of other firms advising on renewable energy projects.’
Seagreen Wind Energy
Dalmore Capital/PIP (joint projects)
- Advised Seagreen Wind Energy on an offshore wind project in respect of the property and consenting elements of a £3.5bn financial close and joint venture.
- Advised Viking Energy on whole life to date of a large remote island wind project involving over 300 third party interests and a community JV involvement.
- Advising SSE Networks and Transmission on major grid extensions and connections for large utility transmission and networks division.
Harper Macleod LLP advises both funders and borrowers on the financing and refinancing of a range of renewable energy projects. It often acts as local counsel to a number of English firms on cross-border matters. Well-known for its property and planning expertise, the firm also provides advice around construction, grid connection agreements and regulatory matters. Practice head David Bone is experienced in wind, solar and hydrogen projects. Omar Ali has considerable experience of advising investors in the secondary market.
Other key lawyers:
Pamela Todd; Omar Ali
‘Because of its offices around Scotland, this team has unrivalled excellence across this area of the law.’
‘The Aberdeen team is particularly strong in this area but they are very ably supported by the teams in Edinburgh.’
‘Knowledgeable and experienced renewable energy property lawyers.’
‘Pamela Todd has a wealth of experience of onshore wind property matters.’
‘David Bone provides vast knowledge and experience in the renewables sector coupled with excellent client care.’
‘David Bone is able to provide tailored but practical solutions to situations that are often complex in nature.’
‘Excellent knowledge of the legislation and policy affecting our work and the ability to present this in a highly effective way.’
‘Responses are always speedy.’
Fred. Olsen Renewables Limited
Maple Power Limited
Forestry & Land Scotland
Metka EGN Ltd
EnergieKontor UK Limited
Aberdeen Standard Investments
Alpha Real Capital
Local Energy Scotland
- Advised Metka-EGN Ltd on the planning aspects, grid connection, title, option and lease documentation for two ‘shovel-ready’ 26MW solar development sites which proceeded by way of a SPA.
- Advised Alpha Real Capital on the corporate acquisition of three 500kW single wind turbine development sites from MH Energy LLP.
- Advised Aberdeen Standard Investments infrastructure debt on all the Scottish aspects of the financing of the £57m Albion Community Power Ltd 25MW portfolio of onshore wind, solar and hydro assets, working alongside Osborne Clarke.
BTO Solicitors LLP
BTO Solicitors LLP acts for developers and operators, community renewables groups and landowners in relation to wind, hydrogen, biomass and solar developments. Nicholas McBride and Scott Wyper jointly lead the team. McBride is recommended for project finance transactions and land rights issues. Wyper handles corporate structuring, power purchase agreements (PPAs) and the banking aspects of renewables deals.
Nicholas McBride; Scott Wyper
Other key lawyers:
Triodos Bank UK Limited
CRF Hydro Power Limited
Srondoire Wind Farmers Limited
Luss Estates Company
Allt Dearg Wind Farmers LLP
Inver Hydro Limited
Scottish Hydro Investments Limited
Allt Na Moine Hydro Limited
- Acting for Triodos Bank on its funding of wind and hydro projects in Scotland.
- Acting for CRF Hydropower Limited on a number of matters, including spin-off joint ventures.
- Advising Booth Welsh Automation Limited on a waste to energy transaction with a circa £1bn valuation.
Davidson Chalmers Stewart handles a range of renewables matters, including development, disposal of projects and investment into alternative energy businesses. It handles both contentious and non-contentious mandates for developer clients, including those relating to property, commercial, corporate, and regulatory issues. Andy Drane jointly leads the team with Laura Tainsh, who is recommended for advice on environmental, crofting and general strategic decisions.
Andy Drane; Laura Tainsh
Other key lawyers:
Jacqueline Cook; Louise Jones
‘Great access to the most skilled people.’
‘Pragmatic approach on all areas.’
‘Laura Tainsh has an excellent understanding of the entire renewables sector and is definitely a safe pair of hands and extremely practical.’
‘The team are pragmatic and highly commercial.’
‘The team are prepared to be direct and also to enter into the ethical and moral aspects of a situation, not just the strictly legal.’
Alba Energy Limited
Dynamic ePower/Hamilton March Group
ESB Asset Development UK Limited
Elgin Energy ES Co Limited
Shin-Etsu Handotai Europe Limited
Suez Recycling and Recovery UK Limited
- Advising the energy division of UK infrastructure major, Peel, in connection with on-shore wind projects in the Shetland Islands including the real estate, consenting, regulatory and corporate aspects.
- Advising Kelvin Capital with regards to investments in hydrogen, tidal power and battery technologies.
- Advising Kenneth Greenland in granting rights to multiple different wind farm developers in connection with new wind farms and repowering schemes in the North of Scotland.
MacRoberts LLP focuses on onshore wind, battery storage and hydro schemes, and is well regarded for its real estate, construction, planning and financing expertise. It is able to advise on the full life-cycle of renewables projects, with work ranging from land agreements and planning applications to construction and post-build transactional issues. Nick Jones, who heads up the team, has over 30 years of commercial property experience.
Other key lawyers:
David McGuire; John Macleod
‘They are responsive and understand clients’ needs.’
‘Nick Jones and team often seem an indivisible part of our business.’
‘MacRoberts’ energy team are well equipped to advise on a range of energy projects, with particular experience in hydro schemes, real estate, land agreements, planning permission and onshore wind projects.’
‘MacRoberts are constantly upskilling their teams to ensure the highest quality of work.’
‘David McGuire consistently provided us with clear, structured advice.’
SP Energy Networks (including both transmission and distribution companies)
Falck Renewables Wind
Brookfield Renewable UK
Breedon Group/Breedon Northern
- Continuing to act for Chirmorie Wind Farm Limited (an SPV owned jointly by Coriolis Energy Limited and ESB) on the site assembly of numerous land, access and cabling agreements for leases and servitudes.
- Instructed by Wm Hamilton & Sons Limited in negotiating an option for the disposal of land at Overwood Farm, Carlisle Road, Stonehouse by way of ground lease to Viridor Waste Management Limited for the provision of an energy recovery facility, subject to obtaining necessary consents.
- Acted on behalf of Breedon Group Plc in relation to all Scottish aspects of the acquisition of assets and operations from CEMEX UK Operations Limited.
Morton Fraser handles property, consenting, licensing, development, finance and commercial agreements for landowners and developers. It is particularly experienced in anaerobic digestion, biogas, biomass, solar and hydro schemes. A key pillar of its practice involves handling rural developments and the associated crofting and agricultural issues. Jonathan Seddon now leads the practice; consultant Nick Atkins is experienced in the wind and nuclear sectors.
Other key lawyers:
Neil Rainey; Nick Atkins; Gail Watt
United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority, Dounreay Site Restoration Limited
Ministry of Defence
The Scottish Ministers
Scottish Wildlife Trust
Mines Restoration Limited/Scottish Mines Restoration Trust
- Acting for United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority and Dounreay Site Restoration Limited in connection with nuclear site decommissioning and the disposal of and exposure to radioactive waste.
- Acting for the MOD in connection with renewable energy development infrastructure across its active training ranges in Scotland.
- Acting for the Scottish Ministers in connection with all renewable energy projects on their estates in Scotland.
Working closely with its counterparts in England, TLT handles a range of domestic and international matters from its Scottish offices. Practice head Nick Shenken takes the lead on key national projects in the clean energy space, including solar, wind and battery storage projects. In 2020, the team was bolstered by the arrival of Michael Spence from Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP, and Stacey Cassidy, who joined from Pinsent Masons LLP.
Other key lawyers:
Caroline Ramsay; Michael Spence; Stacey Cassidy
‘Excellent industry specialists at the forefront of renewables in Scotland.’
‘With a broad spectrum of clients through the industry, they can often be a good introduction to other parties.’
‘My experience with TLT has been excellent over a long period of time with the team in Scotland and England.’
‘Each time TLT ensure they have an understanding of my requirements and this helps them to pinpoint the key issues in any matter.’
‘A personal service where they are responsive and undertake work in a timely manner.’
‘The team has a solid renewables offering and the people are very easy to work with.’
‘Nick Shenken stands out as a partner who really understands our business, and his style makes Scottish property law much easier to work with.’
‘Nick Shenken is excellent, and truly understands the essence of client relationship management.’
Aurium Capital Markets
Triodos Bank NV
REG Power Management Limited
The Renewables Infrastructure Group
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
Dounreay Site Restoration Limited
Intelligent Land Investments Group plc
- Advising Innova Energy on a £30m refinancing of its 57MW portfolio of UK rooftop and ground-mounted solar PV projects.
- Advising Santander UK on its £12m financing of a flagship 30MW battery storage project, operated by Still Waters Green Technology.
- Advising Intelligent Land Investment on the development of its portfolio which aims to bring 2GW of Energy Storage – Pumped Storage Hydro and Battery Storage – to Scotland.
Wright, Johnston & Mackenzie LLP
Wright, Johnston & Mackenzie LLP has noted expertise in undertaking development work for independent developers of onshore wind projects in Scotland. Planning is a key pillar of the practice, as are property matters, such as those relating to infrastructure sharing and ICP grid connections. Other areas of focus include agricultural, rural and crofting law. Andy McFarlane leads the practice.
Other key lawyers:
‘Responsive and commercial, with good collaboration between different departments.’
‘Andrew McFarlane is responsive and commercial.’
‘A very strong team which includes property, planning, litigation and corporate lawyers.’
‘Andy McFarlane is very strong in all areas of property work and other commercial aspects of renewable energy projects.’
‘Fraser Gillies and his team are a highly skilled and dedicated team, who have worked tirelessly on many of our projects.’
‘Genuinely client-focussed and driven to work hard for clients.’
Renewable Energy Systems Limited
RWE Renewables UK Swindon Limited
Muirhall Energy Limited
Energiekontor UK Limited
Coriolis Energy Limited
Fred Olsen Renewables Ltd
Brookfield Renewables UK Ltd
SIMEC Wind One Limited
BayWa r.e. UK Limited
- Advised Renewable Energy Systems Limited / Blary Hill Energy Limited on all property aspects of their Blary Hill onshore wind project (including a multi-landowner site and joint ICP grid connection route with another developer) and on the sale of the project.
- Instructed by Energiekontor UK Ltd to act in connection with the judicial review of the MoD’s policy regarding safeguarding the Eskdalemuir Seismic Array. The decision on this is likely to have an industry-wide impact for future projects.
- Provided planning advice to Fred. Olsen Renewables Ltd, with lead consultants Natural Power in relation to the proposed Rothes III Wind Farm, a s.36 application for a large-scale development in Moray.