Firms in the Spotlight Banking and finance
PeliPartners is a full service business law firm based in Romania. A team specialising in complex projects that require innovative approaches, the PeliPartners lawyers have a wealth of experience in a variety of fields, including corporate, mergers and acquisitions, financing, competition, infrastructure & concessions, energy, real estate and corporate law – being involved in some …View Profile...
Dragne & Asociatii SCA
Dragne & Asociatii was founded in 2010 and has rapidly grown to become one of the most trustworthy law firms in Romania. With 33 lawyers, Dragne & Asociatii is a full-service law firm renowned for its vast expertise in the dispute resolution area, commercial litigation, domestic and international arbitration. Ion Dragne, the law firm’s managing …View Profile...
Banking and finance in Romania
Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii has a diverse practice that is highly regarded. The team regularly advises major banks on loan facilities, and has strong experience in asset, trade, project and acquisition finance, as well as restructurings and regulatory advice. Recently, the firm has acted for investors on several significant NPL acquisitions. The firm also advises borrowers on major energy and infrastructure financings. Mihai Dudoiu is the team head, though partners including Cătălin Băiculescu, deputy managing partner Stefan Damian and Gabriela Anton are all prominent in this area.
Erste Bank / Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR)
AnaCap Financial Partners
Alpha Bank Romania
BRD Groupe Societe Generale
Bank Leumi Romania
Dexia Crédit Local
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Hungarian Export-Import Bank
The Rohatyn Group
Amethyst Radiotherapy Limited
- Advising a consortium of investors, including Deutsche Bank, AnaCap Financial Europe, and APS Holding, on the takeover of an NPL portfolio from Alpha Bank with a €360m face value.
- Advising Banca Comerciala Romana on improving and redesigning the bank’s standard documentation used for retail clients.
- Assisting Banca Comerciala Romana as lead arranger with a syndicated €66m loan to the Romanian medical services company, MedLife.
Clifford Chance Badea acts for a mixture of banks, funds, financial services companies and multilateral lenders on the full range of domestic and cross-border banking transactions. As well as acquisition finance, the team has expertise in aviation, project and asset finance, and is also well versed advising on structured products and regulatory matters. Cosmin Anghel, Andreea Sisman and Madalina Rachieru-Postolache are all very active in this area.
Daniel Badea, Madalina Rachieru-Postolache, Andreea Sisman, Cosmin Anghel
‘The team is always willing to support your business, and ready to help at any time and provide full support with any type of legal issue. When you have worked with them for many years over various projects and teams, and get to know each other as well as we do, collaboration becomes truly natural and it feels like one big team.’
- Advising a multilateral development bank on a €47m financing to a juice producer.
- Acting for a consortium of banks on a €6.6m loan to a recycling group.
- Assisting the local subsidiary of a major Dutch bank with a €22m recap financing for an intra-group acquisition.
Filip & Company has recently been very active on the borrower side, advising on major acquisition financings and refinancings. The firm is also a top choice for banks seeking corporate and regulatory support on their own M&A. Key names include the highly rated Alina Stancu Birsan and Alexandru Birsan. Up-and-coming counsel Alexandra Manciulea was also promoted to partner. Associate Rebecca Marina is also noted. Carmen Peli left to establish Peli & Company.
Alina Stancu Birsan
‘The response time of the lawyers is always superb. They are able to handle complex technical topics and make them easily understandable for the client.’
‘The team is very responsive and commercial in its approach, with an understanding of international best practice (including in relation to Loan Market Association documentation) and a high level of attention to detail.’
‘Quick and responsive, with huge experience in all the aspects of a banking transaction.’
‘Alina Stancu Birsan is a stand-out practitioner but she is seamlessly supported by an able team including partner Alexandra Manciulea and dependable associate Rebecca Marina. The team has a strong focus on providing excellent value and building a long term relationship.’
Raiffeisen Bank S.A.
Banca Comerciala Romana S.A.
RCS & RDS S.A.
Alpha Bank Romania S.A.
Ocazia Management Ltd.
Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB
Advance Global Capital Limited
National Bank of Greece
- Assisted media and telecoms company, RCS&RDS, on a €250m bridge loan to finance the acquisition of certain radio broadcasting licences in Romania and Hungary.
- Advising Banca Transilvania on its acquisition of a 99.15% stake in Bancpost from Eurobank, as well as the takeover of ERB Retail Services and ERB Leasing.
- Assisting National Bank of Greece with the sale of its stake in Banca Romaneasca.
Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen has a deep bench of highly experienced finance lawyers led by the extremely well-regarded Alina Radu. She is supported by several big names in the firm, including co-managing partner Manuela Nestor and project finance and restructuring expert Valentin Voinescu. The team is equally comfortable advising borrowers and lenders on corporate, real estate and project financing. It is also regularly called upon to assist with the local aspects of major cross-border financings.
‘The firm has an efficient and well prepared banking and finance team – they provide good value to our projects.’
‘The team has a very good knowledge of the market. Members of the team work very well together and complete each other’s actions. They are very well prepared lawyers, with great negotiation skills and are strategic thinkers.’
‘Alina Radu is always available to solve any legal issues and her coordination helped the bank to move forward with difficult projects.’
Banca Comerciala Romana
- Assisting Banca Comerciala Romana with a €55m syndicated loan to the agricultural company, Rodbun Group, in a first-of-its-kind financing to a Romanian company operating in the agricultural sector.
- Advising JP Morgan on the Romanian aspects of its $1.25bn financing to the Honeywell Group.
- Assisting real estate company Globalworth with a €46m loan to help finance an industrial real estate development.
RTPR | Radu Taracila Padurari Retevoescu SCA has established a fantastic reputation in the market, and to many borrower and lender clients, it is the go-to firm. The team is led by the extremely well-regarded Victor Pădurari and Alexandru Retevoescu and includes several highly experienced counsel and associates. The firm's international reach and strong connection to the market-leading London team inevitably lends an edge to major cross-border mandates. These can range from complex structured products and refinancing, to high-end acquisition, project, and real estate finance. Counsels Cosmin Tilea and Poliana Gogu-Naum and managing associate Andreea Nedeloiu are also noted.
Victor Pădurari; Alexandru Retevoescu
‘A very experienced team with a strong reputation in large finance deals. They have the necessary resources and expertise to advise on the most complex issues. They are commercial and client-oriented. They have a large team of lawyers, the best on the market.’
‘The firm has a top tier banking and finance team in Romania and their great legal assistance in cutting edge transactions adds value to the deal.’
‘A unique mix of highly trained lawyers with great experience in various aspects of law with large-scale deals in Romania and abroad.’
‘Victor Padurari stands out as an excellent finance lawyer and he manages a team of extremely good associates.’
‘Cosmin Tilea (counsel) has been coordinating several cross-border financing deals in the last years and we value his commitment and availability, excellent legal skills and perfect coordination abilities.’
‘Andreea Ramona Nedeloiu is very responsive and pays a lot of attention to find the best solutions to meet the client requirements.’
‘Poliana Gogu Naum is a very experienced lawyer in finance deals. She is smart and hard-working, an excellent choice for anyone looking for an advisor in this field. Highly recommended!’
Banca Comerciala Romana
Ardian European Private Debt Strategies
Fortuna Entertainment Group
European Investment Bank
- Advising a syndicate of banks led by Raiffeisen Bank on a $68m loan to aluminium producer, Alro.
- Acting for Barclays Bank as arranger for Alpha Bank Romania, on the country’s first mortgage bonds issue programme, valued at €1bn.
- Advising a group of banks, including Erste Group and ING, on a €177m refinancing to agricultural company, P&P Spearhead.
Bondoc si Asociatii SCA is a popular choice for refinancings, and major acquisition and real estate financings. It is also experienced in more niche areas such as aviation finance and oil and gas financings. The team is noted for its regulatory expertise, often advising on the implementation of new banking and payment products. Simona Petrisor leads the team, which includes recently promoted partner Diana Ispas.
Mid Europa Partners
Raiffeisen Bank International
- Advised Mid Europa Partners on a €70m plus loan to finance its acquisition of the Romanian courier compay, Urgent Cargus.
- Assisted Alvogen Group with a $70m refinancing linked to its European restructuring.
- Acted for Raiffeisen Bank on a refinancing agreed with EnergoBit Group.
CMS's highly rated team advises on English and Romanian finance law, acting for a range of major regional and international banks. In recent work, the firm was involved in several significant refinancings and was especially active in real estate financings. Ana Radnev rejoined the firm from its Prague office, while finance and capital markets expert Cristina Reichmann has a strong profile in the market. The firm will, however, miss Simon Dayes, Simona Marin and Maria Tomescu who left to join Dentons.
Cristina Reichmann; Ana Radnev
‘CMS is particularly well-versed in banking and finance area, such as project finance, syndicated loan financing and corporate lending. They have handled complicated transactions in an intelligent, intensive, thorough and energetic manner. We were pleased with the personal attention given to our matters.’
Raiffeisen Bank Group
Group Société Générale
- Advised a syndicate of lenders including Erste Group and Raiffeisen Bank on the €300m refinancing of Cotroceni Park, owner of the AFI Palace Cotroceni shopping centre.
- Assisting Alpha Bank with a refinancing to Affiliates of Helios Phoenix and the financing of the acquisition and further development of the Millennium Logistics Park in Popesti-Leordeni.
- Advising Raiffeisen Bank and ING Bank on a €500m facility to real estate developer NEPI Rockcastle.
Dentons' growing team enjoys a good reputation in the market, and the arrival of Simona Marin and Simon Dayes as well as Maria Tomescu from CMS is definitely a coup. Lender clients include a broad range of domestic and international banks that leverage off the firm's impressive regional network. The team is especially experienced in real estate and corporate finance, where it also acts for borrowers on major mandates. Perry Zizzi leads the team with support from Magdalena Raducanu.
‘Magdalena Raducanu is an absolutely fabulous professional with a great personality’.
‘Maria Tomescu is an excellent financing lawyer’.
Banca Comercială Română
Raiffeisen Bank SA
Erste Group AG
P3 Logistic Parks
International Investment Bank
Wanxiang America Corporation
Euro Wag Group
BRD – Groupe Société Générale S.A
Komerční Banka, a. s.
- Advising the lenders on a €266m loan to finance Fortuna Entertainment Group’s acquisitions of Fortuna Romania and Hattrick Sports Group.
- Assisting Credit Suisse with a €40m loan to part finance Chimcomplex’s acquisition of certain assets from Oltchim.
- Advising BRD-Groupe Société Générale and Komerční Banka on a €82m refinancing loan to real estate developer CTPark Bucharest West.
Kinstellar is popular with banks, multilateral lenders, and borrowers, and the Bucharest team often forms an important cog in broader regional financings that the firm advises on. Beyond transactional matters, the lawyers also handle regulatory compliance, risk and banking litigation. Bogdan Bibicu leads the team with strong support from counsel Zsuzsa Csiki.
‘The team is very responsive and provides helpful, commercial advice on regulatory queries. We have asked them for introductions to other firms in the region and they have also always been able to make good suggestions.’
‘Bogdan Bibicu is very responsive and provides good commercial advice.’
The European Investment Fund
- Advising EBRD on a €128m loan to a jointly-owned Romanian subsidiary of LLC Lukoil-Ecoenergy and ERG Renew, for the development and operation of an 84MW wind farm in Romania.
- Assisting ING Bank with a €37m loan to Romanian construction company, Advi.
- Advising the engineering company Sandvik on the local elements of a planned group cash pooling structure to be negotiated with financial institutions.
Reff & Associates SCA's well-regarded finance team has experience of a diverse range of banking issues, including significant NPL portfolio sales. The team also has good experience on major acquisition financings, and is noted for its knowledge of cross-border regulatory and compliance issues. The Deloitte link also provides strong tax support. Team head Andrei Burz-Pinzaru is highly regarded, as is managing associate Andreea Serban.
‘Very dedicated, hard workers, detailed, mastering both theory of law and having great experience in banking and financial field.’
‘Reff & Associates has a well focused, coherent, energetic and creative team.’
‘Andrei Burz Panzaru – a top notch legal professional, a visionary team leader and a great speaker.’
‘Andreea Serban is a hard worker, creative, well organized, and a good negotiator.’
Argo Capital Management
Polytechnic University of Bucharest
Bank of Cyprus
Land Development Project
Expo Market Doraly
- Advising Chimcomplex on the €164m debt financing of its acquisition of several assets from Oltchim.
- Assisting Patria Bank with the sale of an NPL portfolio with a €105m face value to Kruk Group.
- Advised Argo Capital Management on the financing and regulatory issues linked to its ultimately aborted bid for a holding in Leumi Bank.
Schoenherr si Asociatii SCA has a versatile practice with strong expertise across a range of related areas. Matei Florea's team has good experience of regulatory matters, as well as major banking disputes. Debt restructurings, acquisition finance and real estate finance also feature high on the agenda, where it acts for both borrowers and lenders.
B2Kapital Finance IFN
Banca Comerciala Romana
BRD – Groupe Société Générale
Erste Group Bank
European Investment Bank
- Represented Eurobank Ergasias in a landmark dispute with the Romanian consumer protection agency to try and annul a fine linked to alleged unfair practices following the transfer of a portfolio of performing loans.
- Assisting Banca Comerciala Romana with €180m worth of debt restructuring and debt recovery procedures against subsidiaries of Romanian company European Drinks & Food Group.
- Advised BRD – Groupe Société Générale on a €31m facility to a real estate company to help refinance certain existing shareholder loans used for the development of the Coresi Business Campus office project in Brasov.
Bohalteanu şi Asociaţii
Bohalteanu şi Asociaţii handles a mix of financings and restructurings, and also regularly advises on the regulatory aspects of major consumer finance projects, an area where it is sought after by banks. The team, which is led by Daniela Milculescu, acts for international and domestic borrowers and lenders, including niche investment vehicles.
‘Very professional team, collaborative and willing to find practical solutions for solving the problems.’
‘The banking and finance practice is very competitive and the team is dedicated to finding efficient solutions for our projects. What I consider as unique about this practice is the capacity to tackle a great variety of matters related to the bank’s activity, ranging from IT, competition, consumer protection to the data privacy sector, while stile maintaining an in-depth expertise in the banking industry.’
‘Daniela Milculescu is a capable and dedicated lawyer, who is committed at all times to offer us pragmatic and sound advice.’
- Advised Calipso, a Romanian fast-moving consumer goods company, on €5m worth of credit facilities.
Bulboaca & Asociatii
Bulboaca & Asociatii has a very strong track record advising banks on major financings and transactions. The past year has been particularly busy, having acted on several milestone matters, both from a financing perspective, and also on the corporate side, such as EximBank's buyout of Banca Românească. Adrian-Catalin Bulboaca and Catalin Petrea jointly lead the team.
Adrian-Catalin Bulboaca; Catalin Petrea
‘A great team of professionals that helped us a lot in a new areas (fintech and blockchain) with solid advice, constructive feedback and they did serious research for all the subjects where we needed legal advice. They are very well prepared, they provided extremely well documented legal opinions fully backed up by a solid research process.’
Chimcomplex SA Borzesti
Romanian Commercial Bank
Romanian Import Export Bank EximBank
Raiffeisen Bank International
- Assisted chemicals company, Chimcomplex S. A Borzesti, with a €164m loan to finance its acquisition of several asset bundles from Oltchim, the state-owned Romanian chemical company.
- Advising Romanian Import Export Bank EximBank on its multimillion-euro acquisition of Banca Românească from the National Bank of Greece.
- Assisting Alpha Bank with the Romanian legal aspects of a €160m bond issue by Autohellas, which is secured by assets within its Romanian subsidiary.
KPMG Legal - Toncescu & Partners SPRL's team has especially strong experience advising investors on the acquisition and sale of NPL portfolios. The team is also popular for its regulatory expertise and understanding of the fintech market. Laura Toncescu has over 20 years of experience advising on banking issues.
Laura Toncescu; Sebastian Olteanu
Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR)
GetBack Recovery SRL
EOS Investments GmbH (mother company of EOS Credit Funding DAC)
Porsche Finance Group
EOS Faktor Magyarország Zrt
ARB (Romanian Bank Association)
iFactor Brokerage SRL
- Instructed by Banca Comerciala Romana to provide a daily legal report monitoring regulatory changes.
- Advising GetBack Recovery on the sale of an NPL portfolio.
- Assisting EOS Investments with its acquisition of a mixed portfolio of unsecured non-performing loans with a face value of €120m.
Leroy si Asociatii is a solid choice for real estate and acquisition finance and project finance deals where it regularly acts for borrowers and lenders, and is highly experienced in derivatives matters. The firm also advises several major banks on all of their regulatory and compliance issues. Andreea Toma leads the well-regarded team, and of counsel Cristina Togan is also experienced in this area having spent six years as in-house counsel at a major Romanian bank.
‘A partner in understanding our business strategies. They manage to reduce the risks for our company without blocking or slowing down the business processes/transactions. Top professional skills combined with a partnership approach.’
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
IMI S.p.A, Credit Agricole S.p.A, Friuladria S.p.A, BPER Banca S.p.A
- Assisting engineering company, Assystem, with the financing for its €80m acquisition of Assystem Technologies (an investment vehicle of Ardian).
- Advising International Finance Corporation on the refinancing of loans to MedLife and its affiliates.
- Advising BNP Paribas on ongoing compliance and regulatory issues as well as transactional work.
Musat & Asociatii has an experienced team of banking lawyers who are especially active on the borrower front. The group, which is jointly led by Mona Muşat, Monia Dobrescu and deputy managing partner Razvan Stoicescu, all have good experience of major syndicated loans, acquisition and real estate financings, and refinancings. The firm also has expertise on the lender side and acts for several multilateral banks.
Mona Muşat; Monia Dobrescu; Răzvan Stoicescu
European Investment Fund
PPF Banka A.S.
Industrial Bank of Korea
Omniasig Vienna Insurance Group
Deposit Solutions GMBH
- Advising the European Investment Fund on a portfolio risk-sharing loan as part of a €100m financing structure to the Romanian government to help support the SME sector.
- Advising PPF Banka on a €45m loan to a real estate developer for the construction of an office development.
- Advising Premier Restaurants Romania (previously McDonald’s Romania) on a $45m senior facilities agreement with BRD-Groupe Société Générale secured against the company’s assets.
Suciu Popa acts for several key borrowers in the energy and natural resources industry. Project finance is a strong area of expertise, although the team is also strong on regulatory matters, refinancings, fund finance and acquisition finance. Miruna Suciu and Crina Ciobanu have good track records in this area.
Miruna Suciu; Crina Ciobana
Mercedes Benz Leasing IFN
Black Sea Oil & Gas
Romanian Banks Association
Rompetrol Rafinare SA
Enel Investment Holding
Helix Oilfield Services
Romanian Commodities Exchange (Bursa Romana de Marfuri SA)
E-Distributie Muntenia, E-Distributie Banat and E-Distributie Dobrogea
Enel Green Power
Hunt Oil Company of Romania
- Advising Black Sea Oil & Gas on the €200m project financing for the development and construction of the Ana and Doina discoveries in the offshore XV Midia Block.
- Advising the Romanian Association of Banks, the country’s professional body, which is made up of 36 credit institutions, on various related legal and regulatory matters.
- Assisting KazMunaiGas International with the structuring of a financing and collateralisation scheme for the development and implementation of several new projects managed by the Romanian-Kazakh Investment Fund.
Volciuc-Ionescu is a favoured destination for major financial institutions and alternate lenders operating in Romania and Moldova. Sabin Volciuc-Ionescu is a key name, and his team is well equipped to handle major cross-border acquisitions, project and trade finance deals. The team is regularly referred work by international firms without a presence in the country.
‘We are using them on cross-border lending/leasing activities, facility documentation and security packages. They are very experienced and always reachable – somehow they think ahead and this makes them stand-out. Really second to none.’
‘Sabin Volciuc-Ionescu is an excellent finance and capital markets lawyer with massive knowledge of our industry and great negotiation skills that always get you across when in trouble. He really is my go-to finance lawyer in Romania and I strongly recommend him whenever I have the chance.’
Banca Comerciala Romana
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the Romanian aspects of its $1.2bn financing to Joyson Safety System for its acquisition of Takata.
- Advising Banca Transilvania and Moldova’s Victoriabank as lead arrangers on a €21.7m loan to Lemi Invest to help finance the MallDova Shoping Center in Chisinau.
- Assisted alternate lender TransAsia Private Capital with a €25m structured trade and commodity finance facility to Portnex International and Portnex Trading.
Wolf Theiss has a versatile team led by Claudia Chiper, which regularly handles major real estate, acquisition and project finance deals. The practice represents a mix of lenders and borrowers, including major multilateral lenders. The team is also building strong expertise in the fintech space thanks to its strong regulatory knowledge.
‘The quality of work is high as well as their responsiveness, which makes for a perfect combination when closing an important transaction in a relatively short period of time. This is a team that knows what it is doing, does it well and goes above and beyond when servicing their client.’
‘Claudia Chiper is results driven, organized with a can do business attitude and mindful of the operational aspects and the tight deadlines. She showed strong expertise and ensured a good communication with our team.’
Banca Comerciala Romana
Erste Group Bank
European Fund For Southeast Europe
European Investment Bank
Elinoil Hellenic Petroleum Company
Federal-Mogul Motorpoarts Services
- Advising Banca Comerciala Romana on a €50m loan to a Romanian SPV to help finance and refinance the acquisition of the Militari Shopping Centre.
- Acting for Revetas and Cerberus on a €45m loan from Deutsche Pfandbriefbank for the Bucharest office complex, The Landmark.
- Acting for the European Investment Bank on a €150m loan to Transgaz to support the construction a new gas transmission pipeline from the Black Sea to the interconnection point with the National Transmission System at Podisor.
Zamfirescu Racoti Vasile & Partners has a strong transactional practice that acts for several major corporate borrowers, as well as banks on high-value loans. It is also a popular choice for banking-related litigation and regulatory matters. Ioana Racoti and Elena Iacob are the main contacts for non-contentious advice.
Ioana Racoti; Elena Iacob
‘The firm has a great team of consultancy lawyers (civil and commercial law) and offers integrated services combining a full perspective (consultancy and projections in case of litigation).’
‘A very experienced, dedicated and well seasoned team of professionals, working 24 hours for the client’s success.’
‘Ioana Racoti is a meticulous professional, very dedicated to her profession and to her clients.’
‘Elena Iacob is an excellent lawyer, dedicated and flexible.’
BRD – Goupe Societe Generale
Bank of Cyprus
Romanian Banks Association
Access Financial Services
- Advising Aluminium company Alro on a €68m syndicated loan for investment and general working capital.
- Assisting Alum, as borrower, with $25m worth of parallel facilities from Black Sea Trade and Investment Bank and Garanti Bank.
- Advising Piraeus Bank Romania, now First Bank, on a complex servicing agreement for a loan portfolio originated by Bancpost and transferred to Eurobank Ergasias.
DLA Piper Dinu SCA has a growing reputation for advising lenders on mid-size loans, including several to borrowers in the Romanian real estate market. The firm also provides strong corporate and regulatory advice to several banking clients. The team also has a niche in film finance. Marian Dinu's team includes well-regarded senior associate Andreea Badea.
‘A strong team with a lot of experience.’
‘DLA Piper lawyers are careful about the details and go into the clients’ shoes. In general, the lawyers we worked with are from the finance and banking area, they previously worked in this specific area, and know the industry very well.’
‘I have been impressed by Andreea Badea’s dedication, supportive and positive attitude, good communication, she is always ready to deliver trust, results, and performance.’
Bank Leumi Le-Israel B.M.
Unicredit Bank Austria
Raiffeisen Bank International
Hypo Noe Landesbank fur Niederosterreich und Wien
- Advised Bank Leum Ie-Israel on all legal issues linked to its exit from its local subsidiary, Bank Leumi Romania.
- Advising waste management company Green Group on all aspects of its €66m term loan and uncommitted working capital facility.
- Advising Unicredit Bank Austria on the restructuring of €18m worth of facilities loaned to Romanian real estate companies.
Dragne & Asociatii SCA is especially popular with financial institutions for high-profile banking disputes and related compliance and regulatory issues. Debt recovery and enforcement proceedings are areas in which the firm has been recently active. Daniel Cirstea and Andreia Dumitrescu are singled out by clients as key names.
Stelian Garofil; Delia Bosman; Andreia Dumitrescu; Daniel Cirstea
‘Dragne is doing mostly litigation related to Banking and Finance. The team has an extensive experience in Consumer Finance and Payment services consumer related matters.’
‘They are fast-thinking, straightforward and they adapt very quickly to any changes of circumstances. The team is very responsive and provides high standard advice.’
‘Daniel Cirstea is a very skilled lawyer, who provides inspired strategies for our legal issues. Andreia Dumitrescu efficiently blends the legal solutions provided with the economic and business interests of our companies. Their approach in court is particularly satisfying, since they always carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each and every measure recommended to us.’
Peli Partners includes a number of practitioners previously with PeliFilip. The team includes several extremely well-regarded banking lawyers, including Carmen Peli. The team has good expertise in cross-border financings and is especially experienced in real estate finance.
Oresa Limited Cyprus
Mitiska MREIM Group
Unsar (the National Union of Insurers)
- Advised Banca Transilvania on its acquisition of a 99.15% stake in Bancpost from the Eurobank Group.
- Represented Banca Transilvania as co-counsel in a dispute with the national consumer protection authority related to the assignment of a large non-performing loans portfolio
- Advised Oresa Limted Cyprus on a major intragroup restructuring, refinancing and recapitalisation project.
Popovici Nitu Stoica & Asociatii is regularly instructed by leading banks and borrowers. The firm has solid expertise in asset, acquisition and retail finance, and is also strong on regulatory matters and structured products. Bogdan Stoica and Alexandru Ambrozie are key names.
Bogdan Stoica; Alexandru Ambrozie