The construction team at Clifford Chance is well-known for handling complex disputes and projects involving regeneration and development, providing ‘excellent advice‘ to developers, lenders and contractors. Construction, real estate and infrastructure expert Daniel Kopania leads the practice. Bartosz Krużewski has substantive experience in domestic and internal disputes. Similarly, Michał Drwal has a focus on litigation while Piotr Bogdanowicz is a public procurement expert and Robert Moj specialises in the infrastructure and energy sectors.
Construction in Poland
‘The Clifford Chance team has exceptional people; their dealings with clients are always respectful, cordial and close, making interaction and understanding with them easy.’
‘Clifford Chance has provided us with excellent advice.’
‘Dedication, manners, availability, good reception of our ideas, proposed alternative approaches to our cases, good representation in front of our clients and facilitated mediation in conflicts are strengths of the team.’
‘Huge substantive knowledge, proactive approach to the client, ensuring timeliness, innovative ideas and extraordinary communicativeness in relations with the client.’
‘I highly appreciate the knowledge and technical analysis in the field of construction. I believe the team is specialized in this type of dispute. CC has a high ability to analyse the opinions of technical experts as well as use the acquired knowledge and information to build a strategy, including contact with technical support in our company. Other issues are discussed in the CC dispute resolution practice.’
‘We have worked closely with Michal Drwal. He is very dedicated, extremely professional, very realistic about our legal position in our several disputes, good communication skills.’
‘Attorney Robert Moj has comprehensive knowledge in the area of construction law. He presents unusual ideas for solving problems that go beyond the scope of the problem, and indicates areas to which attention should be paid. He is an extremely communicative person.’
‘Both Michał Drwal and Bartosz Krużewski are characterized by a high level of knowledge in the field of construction, used to conduct disputes in this field. I have not had the opportunity to work with them on construction contracts themselves but I find that the level of their services is high.’
Polskie LNG S.A.
PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A.
Colas Polska sp. z o.o.
Kulczyk Silverstein Properties
Abener Energia S.A.
PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A.
- Advising Capital Park on the ArtN office-retail scheme in the centre of Warsaw, including the redevelopment of the former Norblin factory.
- Advising Polskie LNG on the process of expansion of the LNG terminal in Świnoujście, which consists of the following: additional regasification installations, a third LNG storage tank, an LNG-to-rail transhipment installation, and a second jetty.
- Representing a group of companies from ACS Group in several litigation proceedings against PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. concerning railway construction projects.
CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Posniak i Bejm sp.k. has a sizeable construction team that acts for insurance companies and pension and property funds on a wide range of development projects. The team handles asset management for retailers, occupiers and developers of commercial, office and warehouse spaces as well as investments, transactions, project development and execution. Contentious matters are also within the group’s remit. Lidia Dziurzyńska-Leipert leads the team and has expertise in both private sector and public procurement sector projects, and investment law specialist Michał Bork is also a name of note.
‘The lawyer working for us has very good experience in the railway market and public contracts. He has great experience in the issues related to the contract conditions, annexes and variation orders and is very good in the legal analysis of existing situation on the job site and consequences.’
‘Very good practice in the field of construction and a readiness to work under challenging time frames and pressure.’
‘The team has a practical, creative approach that helps to solve a problem and meet business goals.’
‘I work with Piotr Stenko, Senior Associate, on a day-to-day basis – he understands the business needs of the client, knows the sector well and his advice is always on point and on time. He has wide experience in dispute resolutions.’
GMP Architekten / SBP
SBP schlaich bergermann partner
Allianz Real Estate
Construcciones Rubau, Rubau Polska, Obras y Servicios Copasa
Bankruptcy receiver of Alpine Bau Deutschland AG
- Advising TR Warszawa on a multimillion project concerning the construction of the new buildings of Warsaw’s Museum of Modern Art and TR Warszawa Theatre on Defilad Square in Warsaw.
- Represented the Consortium of Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. KG and Max Bögl Polska in a dispute regarding the construction of the City Stadium in Wrocław for Euro 2012.
- Advising and representing the Consortium of Trakcja S.A. and Przedsiębiorstwo Napraw i Utrzymania Infrastruktury Kolejowej w Krakowie sp. z o.o, the general contractor for the modernisation of the E30 / C-E30 railway line Kraków – Medyka – state border, section Podłęże – Bochnia from km 16,000 to 39,000.
The strong and capable construction practice at Dentons focuses on two core areas: disputes and dispute avoidance in the public and private sectors, and projects, where ‘outstanding lawyer’ Agnieszka Wojciechowska and Piotr Staniszewski lead, respectively. The practice is highly adept at handling proceedings before the Dispute Adjudication Boards, state courts and domestic and international arbitration tribunals. The group’s client roster includes domestic and foreign private investors, public employers, contractors, designers and engineers across sectors including commercial real estate, oil and gas, energy, roads and railways. Senior associate Marta Cichomska is also a name of note for construction disputes.
Other key lawyers:
‘The Dentons team is always very good, prepared to negotiate and discuss and always have a business attitude. They have lawyers who are specialised in different laws i.e., labor, assets management and purchasing, construction law, environmental etc.’
‘I have direct contact with a leading lawyer who is very responsive which makes me sure that in the case of an emergency I’ll have support.’
‘This company is focused on the highest quality of work and level of service provided. They developed very effective strategies and more than successfully solved our problem.’
‘Each member of the team with which the client corresponds has demonstrated and continues to demonstrate not only a high level of knowledge of both construction and arbitration law, but also the highest degree of correctness, striving to ensure the maximum convenience and satisfaction of the client.’
‘I have worked mostly with Agnieszka Wojciechowska; she is an outstanding lawyer, not only representing the client in litigation but also providing ongoing advice during the execution of the construction project. Before developing a strategy for the client, she wants to thoroughly understand all of the technical issues so that she can provide the best legal advice possible. She is dedicated and provides the highest quality legal advice that is practically applicable during the execution of the investment by the contractor.’
‘We have been supported by Piotr Staniszewski and his best quality was his attention to the client, to understand in detail our needs and reflect them in deliverables. We have built a very trustful relationship.’
‘Mr. Piotr Staniszewski presented comprehensive knowledge and involvement in the tasks appointed, never refusing to help, always being available, always thinking forward, coming up with the best solutions for the investors and always finding a legal way to implement the investor’s ideas.’
‘For the last couple of years I’ve been working with one of the Partners, Piotr Staniszewski. He is a great professional, always there with a good advice when needed and I especially value his engagement in the work he does, finding amicable solutions to end the disputes quickly and not to escalate them and I can count on his practical judgment.’
Shanghai Electric Power Construction
- Representing Shanghai Electric Power Construction Co., Ltd. in a dispute with an employer relating to the effectiveness of the employer’s statement of rescission of the construction works contract.
- Advising Heimstaden Bostad on the construction aspects of three investment transactions, covering the acquisition of 18 build-to-rent projects worth €460m.
The Warsaw-based infrastructure practice at JDP Drapala & Partners supports clients across the entire lifecycle of complex construction projects, including contractual negotiations and management, public procurement proceedings, risk management and post-construction dispute resolution before courts at all levels. The team is adept at handling both domestic and cross-border mandates for major construction clients, and notable work includes the implementation of key railway and hydrotechnical projects. Przemysław Drapała, Andrzej Sokołowski and recently promoted partner Wojciech Bazan jointly lead the group. Jakub Majewski was also elevated to partner in January 2022.
Other key lawyers:
‘The law firm comprehensively handles every dispute conducted for our company. Each time they take a professional approach to the analysis of all factual and legal aspects of the case. They encourage amicable solutions. Exchange of documentation takes place through modern and safe channels.’
‘Very well known in the railway public industry in Poland.’
‘I deem that JDP law firm’s commitment to the dossiers is remarkable as well as its continuous striving to meet with the client’s needs.’
‘Extremely good collaboration; they have unique skills of explaining complicated topics in an understandable and clear fashion. The quality of service provided is very high and they take over all topics connected to an issue and lead the customer through the process.’
‘JDP has broad experience in infrastructure disputes and combines it with its practical knowledge of technical issues. They have an in-depth knowledge of civil law, civil procedure, construction law and contract law and are able to use the relevant regulations to the advantage of the client.’
‘Jakub Majewski is the very well-know expert in the public procurement and public industry.’
‘It is my pleasure to recommend Przemysław Drapała and Jakub Majewski. They both know very well the realities of the construction investment process and can make excellent use of their experience.’
‘Prof. Drapała presents a business-oriented attitude and understands the real needs of business entities, which sometimes involves not pursuing a multi-year, expensive lawsuit, but rather reaching a settlement with the opponent.’
Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. Kg
Max Bögl Polska Sp. z o.o.
Sinohydro Corporation Limited
Nokia Solutions and Networks sp. z o.o. and its consortium partners
Salini Impregilo S.p.A.
Impresa Pizzarotti & C. S.p.A.
Astaldi S.p.A (Polish branch)
Mostostal Warszawa S.A.
Eiffage Polska Budownictwo S.A.
Mercedes – Benz Polska sp. z o.o.
TREI Real Estate Poland sp. z o.o.
Saferoad sp. z o.o., Saferoad RRS Polska Sp. z o.o.
Bilfinger SE and its subsidiaries
Goldbeck Sp. z o.o.
Mosty Łódź S.A.
- Advising Nokia Solutions and Networks and its consortium partners on the implementation of a EUR649m five-year contract with the operator of Polish railways for the development of a nationwide turnkey ERTMS/GSM-R and mission-critical backhaul network.
- Advising a consortium of general contractors during construction and modernisation of the “Czyżew–Białystok” section of the Rail Baltica railway route – a greenfield railway infrastructure project to link Finland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania with Poland and the European standard gauge rail line network, a Trans-European Transport Networks Project.
- Representing a consortium of general contractors in a dispute against the owner of the Turów lignite-fuelled power plant regarding construction of a new power unit.
WKB Wiercinski, Kwiecinski, Baehr‘s construction team includes the firm’s infrastructure projects group and advises clients on construction matters primarily in the energy (including renewables), water and sewage systems and transport arenas. Clients are supported throughout the whole lifecycle of a project, from investment to execution, and the team also understands both the perspective of authorities and contractors. Anna Flaga-Martynek in Warsaw and Marta Midloch in Poznan jointly lead the practice. Senior associates Rafał Woźniak and Agata Kukawka are also notable team members in Poznan.
‘They are quick at work, always available, well organised and channelled through one project and work leader. Very good pricing compared to the team’s knowledge and how fast the firm works.’
‘Great people and specialists. Great communication, always available, down to earth.’
‘Extremely knowledgeable and experienced.’
Stadtwerke München GmbH
Windfarm Polska III sp. z o.o.
EW Rywałd sp. z o.o. – part of KGAL group
Eurowind Energy Sp. z o.o.
Baltic Green I sp. z o.o.
TOTO S.p.a. Costruzioni Generali
OGP Gaz System S.A.
Miejskie Wodociągi i Kanalizacja w Bydgoszczy sp. z o.o.
Chemwik sp. z o.o.
Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne w Poznaniu Sp. z o.o.
Enea Trading Sp. z o.o.
Nowe Jaworzno Grupa Tauron sp. z o.o.
Tauron Polska Energia S.A.
- Advised Miejskie Wodociągi i Kanalizacja w Bydgoszczy sp. z o.o. on the smart city project for the modernisation and construction of a rainwater infrastructure in Bydgoszcz.
- Supported Eurowind Energy Sp. z o.o. in the preparation of contracts necessary for the construction of 12 wind-farms.
- Advised ENERGROUP S.A. on the implementation of 55 photovoltaic farms with a capacity of up to 1MW each with the necessary ancillary infrastructure and connection to the power grid.
Construction is a core focus for the Warsaw-based team at act BSWW legal & tax, which has a particular emphasis on commercial, residential, warehousing and infrastructural projects for both domestic and international companies. The group is adept at handling public procurement procedures and litigation, negotiations and executions of agreements, performance bonds and settlements. Advising on environmental protection, zoning and permitting is also within the group’s remit. Managing partners Marek Wojnar and Michał Wielhorski jointly lead the group.
ECC Real Estate
- Advising a Polish developer on the implementation of three residential projects in Kraków.
- Advising Globalworth on several dozen construction works agreements, preparation of design documentation (incl. as part of Design & Build system), investment project supervision and technical supervision.
- Advising PATRIZIA on a number of agreements for complete refurbishment of several office buildings in Warsaw.
DLA Piper's practice acts for clients in the construction, infrastructure, engineering and energy industries. Advice on procurement methods for projects involving commercial developments is also within the team's capabilities. Litigation expert Krzysztof Kycia and real estate specialist Jacek Giziński are co-managing partners and lead the team. Senior associates Szymon Sakowski and Piotr Witecki are also names of note for construction disputes.
‘Practical experience, unparalleled knowledge in the construction industry, flexibility.’
‘It is a large practice and they have strength in depth with subject matter experts in property, tax etc. The service has been consistently good and always prompt.’
‘The team has unique experience in the field of construction, especially contracts under the public procurement law. I have been working with the team led by Mr Kycia, including Piotr Witecki for the past 9 years in different organisations. They also know how to serve me. When I ask a question they also indicate other areas the proposed solutions may have an impact on. They built up trust between us. They are a legal team of my choice in any legal matter. I know that they will watch my back.’
‘DLA Piper deserves praise for its outstanding experience in the construction sector and in particular construction-related dispute resolution, including complicated multi-party proceedings. They have specialists in all areas and offer the full scope of services for the sector, including procurement, projects, real estate, tax and environmental matter. They have practical knowledge of literally all types of construction projects and know how to use it best when a controversy arises.’
‘ Szymon Sakowski’s excellence in communication, speed of response, customer-service-oriented mindset, knowledge of Polish Law, Construction Law and case law have been truly exceptional. Szymon will make himself available out-of-hours without hesitation, picks up often complex issues very quickly, is extremely sharp, understands the contractor’s perspective and always takes the time to explains his advice clearly in relation to the law rather than just providing the law.’
‘Krzysztof Kycia has both the expertise and personality that allows me to trust him. He is recognised as an expert in the construction segment of the business. He will look for amicable solutions first and when there is a legal dispute he will run it with the highest professional standards and personal culture.’
‘Piotr Witecki is an expert in insolvency issues as well as construction contracts signed under the public procurement law. He is a very positive person as well so his attitude helps me with dealing with very difficult matters.’
‘Krzysztof Kycia has a wealth of experience in construction-related litigation and arbitration. This allows him to dive directly into the very heart of a given issue in a very short time. You’d always want to have him on your side. He is a trusted advisor for the board members and we often ask him for a second opinion on matters that are handled by other law firms.’
Elite Partners Capital
PKP Energetyka (CVC Group)
Trakcja (COMSA group)
- Advising Panattoni Europe on the construction aspects of 29 development projects across Poland, including advising on development management agreements and general construction contracts.
- Representing PKP Energetyka in a number of high-value disputes concerning contracts for the construction of railway lines.
- Representing Trakcja in a number of disputes against employers regarding the design and build of national roads and expressways in Poland.
The construction team at Domanski Zakrzewski Palinka is part of the firm’s infrastructure and energy practice. The group works for both private and public sector clients, and is adept at advising on all parts of the investment process of a project, especially contractual matters, design work, supervision agreements and agreements with utility suppliers. Public procurement law is also within the team’s capabilities. Tomasz Darowski is head of the construction team and Marcin Krakowiak leads the infrastructure and energy practice. Senior associate Michal Przychoda is also a name of note.
‘The firm’s ability to assist clients on matters is very satisfactory.’
‘In my opinion, this department is one of the best on the Polish market in terms of public procurement and infrastructure. Both partners and other lawyers provide very professional legal advice and handle court claims perfectly, both at the stage of their preparation and then during the representation before the court.’
‘We find their services helpful and efficient due to on-time and accurate responses. The lawyers with whom we cooperate have at their disposal extensive knowledge on the subject and show commitment to successfully resolving the matter. We particularly appreciate and value work of Ms Beata Cieszyńska and Mr Tomasz Darowski.’
‘I personally recommend Tomasz Darowski as an authority in terms of public procurement and infrastructure law.’
Zarząd Morskiego Portu Gdynia S.A.
Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy
Astaldi s.p.a SA Oddział w Polsce
- Acting for Zarząd Morskiego Portu Gdynia S.A. on the construction of the vast Outer Port in Gdynia.
- Advising the Spanish company Urbaser S.A.U., on a PPP project in Olsztyn involving waste-to-energy processing.
- Advising the Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy on the first project in Poland to use a PPP to design, build and operate part of a tram line.
The practice at DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k handles the entire life cycle of construction projects, including road and rail, energy investments, offices, shopping centres, hotels and resorts, mixed-use and residential developments and warehouses, as well as related disputes. The team also has expertise in investor and governmental requirements regarding design and construction processes, liability, warranty and regulatory requirements. Litigation experts Maciej Jamka, Rafał Morek and Maciej Antoniak and transactions specialist Joanna Wojnarowska are the practice heads. Piotr Kunicki is also a key player who is strong in public procurement.
Maciej Jamka; Rafał Morek; Joanna Wojnarowska; Maciej Antoniak
Other key lawyers:
Piotr Kunicki; Łukasz Gembiś
‘The team led by Mr Rafal Morek is exceptional. They always think out of the box and have a deep knowledge of construction law and case law. They have brilliant case management and communication policies and provide solutions to every trouble faced by the client along the way. Every solution is backed with jurisprudence applicable to the case.’
‘Thanks to Rafał’s team our company achieved great success in construction disputes against pubic and private counterparties in Poland.’
‘Very good team, experienced and with a very good background to solve current problems of our company. Very good communication with the client, quick reactions and very good contacts.’
‘All the team is available and the communication between the team members is very good. High mediation abilities linked with the ability of tax and finance analysis necessary to make decisions. Rafał Morek as a team leader works very well and coordinates the work very well. Other member of the team are highly skilled and experienced giving to the client a security of well-prepared documents on time. High availability and flexibility of all the team .’
‘I have cooperated with DWF’s team for several years. Their advantage in relation to other firms is very practical advice, short reaction times, always being ready for discussion with short notice with business orientated advice. Great knowledge in construction law and the market situation.’
‘Very good understanding of the reality of construction projects in Poland. Very high ability for identification of clients needs and other parties possibilities’
‘Łukasz Gembiś, who is outgoing, focused on delivering the legal product and kept an eye on details.’
Uriel Renovables, S.A.
Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN S.A.
Vias y Construcciones S.A.
Orange Polska & its subsidiary TP Teltech
AZD Praha sro
Przedsiębiorstwo Usług Technicznych Intercor Sp. z o.o.
Polaqua Sp z o.o.
Construcciones Rubau S.A., Rubau Polska sp. z o.o.
Zeitgeist Asset Management
- Represented Uriel Renovables, S.A. in preparations and negotiations leading to the conclusion of the set of contracts related to the largest wind farm investments in Poland.
- Supporting Elektrownia Ostrołęka in the development of the 750MW Ostrołęka C Gas Fired Power Plant.
- Advised Rubau Polska Sp. z o.o. (Poland) and Construcciones Rubau S.A. (Spain) in their projects for General Directorate of National Roads and Highways over the construction of parts of expressways S7 (southern roundabout of Warsaw) and S61 (Via Baltica).
Wardynski & Partners
Stefan Jacyno, Michał Gliński and Michał Wons lead the construction practice at Wardynski & Partners. The team handles due diligence matters for properties in development, the drafting and negotiation of contracts for construction work and investments in office buildings, retail parks, housing estates, warehouses, and hospitals and advice relating to zoning and permitting. The practice is also adept at handling contentious construction matters.
‘The team is dedicated and engaged, ready to explain any nuances’
‘Responsive, transparent and with excellent experience. They successfully secured our expansion in Poland, advising us on the construction process of our production and warehouse halls. A unique team of construction lawyers, also with technical background.’
‘Michał Wons has a great sense of focusing on the key matters when negotiating construction works contracts for us. We felt very safe with them and very well-advised in every stage of the development of our facilities.’
SK Hi-Tech Battery Materials Poland
Green Genius sp. z o.o.
DUS sp. z o.o.
KK Wind Solutions
- Advised SK Hi-Tech Battery Materials Poland on a large industrial investment projects in Poland regarding the construction process, the design and engineering agreement and the construction work agreement that will be concluded with the selected general contractor.
- Advised Salling Group on the process of rebranding and downsizing hundreds of stores across Poland following the acquisition of Tesco Poland by the Group.
- Advised DUS Poland sp. z o.o. on the project related to co-participation in road construction.
B2R Law Jankowski Stroinski Zieba‘s construction team advises public authorities, municipalities and private businesses on projects, PPP mandates and related disputes. Areas of focus include transport, power generation and transmission, and urban regeneration. PAWEL GUNIA and Rafał Zieba head up the practice, which was joined by new arrival of counsel Krzysztof Marzyński in January 2021 from Crido Legal.
Rafał Zieba; Paweł Gunia
Other key lawyers:
‘Strong young and innovative team, hungry and keen to delivery – really impressed.’
Consortium comprised of OHL ŽS a.s. in Brno, ZUE S.A. in Cracow and Swietelsky Baugesellschaft m.b.H. in Linz
Johnson Matthey PLC
Mace Group & Mace Polska sp. z o. o.
BÖGL a KRÝSL k.s.
Drogi iMosty Cieszyn sp. z o. o.
Gulf Energy Development Public Company Limited
Tauron Polska Energia
- Advising Johnson Matthey on its multimillion Euro investment in a new factory for its ‘Battery Materials’ division in Konin.
- Advising a consortium comprising three international and highly specialised infrastructure companies regarding the country’s largest rail modernisation project.
Cherka & Partners
Maksymilian Cherka, Katarzyna Mitelsztedt-Hakenberg and Andrzej Zych lead the practice at Cherka & Partners. In addition to handling matters regarding administrative permits for investment projects, environmental and national heritage protection law issues are a specialism of the firm. The group also offers support to designers, architects and engineers in the process of preparing building documentation.
‘A combination of enormous practical knowledge with many innovative solutions.’
‘Particular attention is drawn to the understanding of complex institutions of administrative law by all the lawyers of Cherka and Partners, as well as their deep knowledge of technical aspects related to the implementation of construction investments, both at the stage of the design and obtaining all construction approvals.’
‘The team’s strengths and capabilities include great knowledge, clear and detailed communication on important issues, expertise in local determinants of the business and very high level of consultancy.’
‘We appreciate working with Cherka and Partners because their team is very experienced and with good market knowledge. They are focused and devoted to the projects in which they support us.’
‘Maksymilian Cherka and Katarzyna Mitelsztedt-Hakenberg have not only extremely broad knowledge of all aspects of the investment and construction process, but also a business sense, allowing them to moderate the legal risks that occur in the area of construction investments.’
‘We work mainly with Andrzej Zych and Katarzyna Mitelsztedt-Hakenberg who are really great lawyers – very professional and creative, which in some cases is a crucial approach.’
‘Katarzyna Mitelsztedt-Hakenberg has excellent knowledge, enthusiasm and considerable experience. Very committed.’
‘Mr. Andrzej Zych and Mr. Maksymilian Cherka have in-depth experience in administrative proceedings and a pro-business perspective.’
Capital Park Skanska Property Poland
Skanska Residential Poland
Novisa Development Puro Hotels
Nexity Globalworth Retail Provider SCG
Juma M. Biernacki i wspólnicy
AFI Europe Poland
- Advising ArtN on a project for the revitalisation of an area of about 2 hectares at Żelazna 51/53 in Warsaw, formerly the Norblin’s factory, Buch and T. Werner Brothers.
- Advising Skanska Property Poland on the administrative and civil law areas concerning investments in the cities of Warszawa, Kraków, Wrocław, Gdańsk, Łódź and Poznań.
- Advising Polski Hak on a residential investment in the centre of Gdańsk at the confluence of Motława and Dead Vistula estuaries connected with the Baltic Sea.
JLSW Janaszczyk Lis & Wspólnicy
The construction law and public procurement team at JLSW Janaszczyk Lis & Wspólnicy acts on the purchaser and supplier side of mandates, meaning its client roster includes building contractors, engineering companies and architects. Public procurement, contractual issues and contentious matters are all within the team’s capabilities and it has a strong presence in the energy sector. Poznań-based managing partner Marcin Lis and Tomasz Janaszczyk in the recently opened office in Warsaw jointly lead the team. Rafał Frok is also a name of note.
Other key lawyers:
‘JLSW’s definite strengths are its very in-depth approach to analysing matters and timely service delivery.’
‘JLSW has the best team of professionals, always flexible and looking for solutions with constantly updated knowledge.’
‘The JLSW company is characterized by a very high quality of services that meets our expectations. They conscientiously fulfil their obligations in a timely manner. Its activities are characterized by flexibility, professionalism and a comprehensive approach to each of the entrusted tasks. Extensive experience and high qualifications translate into very good work results.’
‘We especially value the commitment and high-quality service as well as openness to adapting knowledge to customer needs. Our cooperation runs smoothly and with great commitment, which is why we wholeheartedly recommend JLSW as a specialist in its industry and a reliable and trustworthy business partner.’
‘Tomasz Janaszczyk is the best lawyer I have ever cooperated with. He is full of ideas, always brilliant and professional and work with him gives me a huge sense of being safe according to the legal subjects.’
PTBS Sp. z o.o.
Schlosser Sp. z o.o.
Novum Plus Sp. z o.o.
ELD Polska Sp. z o.o.
Fram-Bud Sp. z o.o.
Von der Heyden Group
Schlosser Heiztechnik Gruppe Polska Sp. z o.o. sp.k
Digit Pack Sp. z o.o.
Firma Promar Sp. z o.o. SPK§
MG Green Energy Sp. z o.o.
Multichem Sp. z o.o.
- Advising Poznańskie Towarzystwo Budownictwa Społecznego sp. z o.o. on one of its biggest ever projects – developing the Koszalińska Street estate where over 3,000 new apartments will be built, as well as social infrastructure and commercial space.
- Advising Novum Plus Sp. z o.o. on expanding its portfolio, support with advice on land acquisitions, administrative permits, disputes, contract negotiations and other key aspects of the development projects.
- Advising Von der Heyden Group on construction and investment activities in Poland, including the high profile Andersia Silver office building and Gdańsk Długi Targ Hotel projects.
The team at Linklaters assists clients with a range of construction and development mandates, including transactions, preparing contracts, executing projects and representation in related disputes. Core focuses of the team include logistics, roads and energy infrastructure. The international nature of the firm allows the group to support a wide range of clients. Real estate expert Artur Kulawski and energy and infrastructure specialist Patryk Figiel jointly sit at the helm of the practice.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very engaged in the process, keen to help and search for the solutions, not just writing what the clients said.’
‘Openminded and very creative.’
Bain Capital Credit
Patron Capital Advisers
Pomerania Wind Farm
- Advising Bain Capital Credit on the strategic joint venture with White Star Group to develop premium logistics projects in Poland and across the CEE.
- Advising a consortium of lenders in relation to the financing of the construction and operation of a solar power plant with a capacity of 70 MW by a subsidiary of ZEPAK.
The Wrocław-based construction practice at Olesinski & Wspolnicy is jointly led by Filip Mroczkowski, who has expertise in cross-border mandates; Maciej Król, who has strengths in development investment ; environmental law expert Olga Płoucha and Joanna Lentka-Wróbel whose strength lies in real estate transactions. The group advises both domestic and international clients on the full spectrum of construction matters, including investment debt financing and expertise in environmental law.
‘Olesiński & Wspólnicy operate very efficiently. They provide high level legal support. The language of advice is, unlike that of other law firms, very accessible. They are very focused on the business aspect. That is very important for us.’
‘The team is well organised, responsive with quick response times to a given task or problem, organised, insightful analysis, look for several possible solutions and look for the best solution.’
‘The advantage is the large size of the team and the possibility of replacing its individual members with each other. An additional advantage is the wide range of the law firm’s practice, which allows for commissioning a wide range of cases.’
‘The OW team is the best team of lawyers I’ve ever had. The strengths of the team are their knowledge of each area of law (diversity), because OW teams have different specialists (eg. taxes, construction law, labour law, real estate law). OW is always available, describes the issue in detail, and after that we can discusses it in meetings.’
‘The team is very open-minded and understands the needs of the client and this approach to the client is unique compared to other companies. Opinions are prepared in a professional manner and are understandable to the client.’
‘The partner I daily collaborate with, Mr. Filip Mroczkowski, has managed to create a team of lawyers who are truly dedicated in their way of advising. That is mirrored in their as clear as possible legal communication, which considers the commercial angles of the presented problem, support to find a commercially attractive solution, as well as mastering simplifying complexity without in any way compromising legal issues. Additionally, it seems that there is good internal cooperation between the team members, which is something I’m sensing as a client in terms of better flexibility when relevant.’
‘We recommend Filip Mroczkowski. He has extensive legal and business knowledge. We value him for always having a matter-of-fact approach to the subject and the readiness to provide an optimal solution to the problem, both in legal and business terms.’
‘I would like to single out Maciej Król in particular; a key member of the team with good business sense and great knowledge. In addition, I appreciate Joanna Lentka-Wróbel.’
Umicore Poland Sp. Z o.o.
Whirlpool Company Polska Sp. z o.o.
Whirlpool Polska Appliances Sp. z o.o.
Umicore Autocat Poland sp. z o.o.
Technonicol Insulation Sp. z o.o.
GARANT FILTER GmbH
WSP Polska Sp. z o.o.
Tristone Flowtech Poland Sp. z o.o.
Cooper Standard Automotive Piotrków Sp. z o.o
Cooper Standard Holdings Inc.
Cooper Standard Polska Sp. z o.o.
GUOTAI HUARONG (POLAND) Sp. z o.o.
EPPO Sp. z o.o.
PM Group Polska Sp. z o.o.
NISHINIHON SHOKO (POLAND) sp. z o.o.
Metroplan Polska Sp. z o.o.
Atlas Ward Polska Sp. z o.o.
Logiserv Group Sp. Z o.o. Sp. K.
GKN Driveline Sp. z o.o.
M.B.B. Logistics Sp. z o.o.
BeeWaTec Sp. z o.o.
Viessman Technika Grzewcza s.p. z o.o.
Sika Automotive Zlotoryja Sp. z o.o.
KSM Poland Sp. z o.o.
ICB PHARMA Tomasz Świętosławski, Paweł Świętosławski sp.j.
Paragon Siechnice Sp. Z o.o.
Tarcopol sp z o.o.
Cavatina Holding S.A.
UBM Development Sp. z o.o.
Diamentum Office Sp. z o.o.
Vantage Development S.A.
Eurologis sp. z o.o. sp. k.
Angel Poland Group Sp. z o.o.
Lokum Deweloper S.A.
KiK Textil sp. z o.o.
Dr. Schneider Automotive Polska Sp. z o.o.
Biotech sp. z o.o.
Spoton Transact LLC
Marco Pharma International LLC
Vita Polymers Poland Sp. z o.o.
Elemont Sp. z o.o.
AKS Precision Ball Polska Sp. z o.o
GEA Tuchenhagen Polska Sp. z o.o.
Toshiba Carrier Air-Conditioning Europe Sp. z o. o.
FEN Sp. z o. o.
- Advising Umicore Poland on starting a pioneering investment in the construction of a plant producing the latest generation of cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries whose value is estimated at €660m.
- Advising GUOTAI HUARONG (POLAND) on the construction of a new production facility worth nearly €30m.
- Advising Viessman Technika Grzewcza s.p. z o.o. on the construction of a new factory of one of the world’s largest heating systems producers on a above 17-hectare site of the former airport.
The construction group at Penteris provides both contentious and non-contentious advice on lifecycle of office, retail, residential, industrial and infrastructure development projects. This includes advising on zoning, due diligence, land acquisition, environmental issues and contract drafting and negotiation. Practice head Przemysław Kastyak is joined by construction expert Agnieszka Koniewicz and Sebastian Janicki
‘The Penteris team has in-depth and tailored construction experience. They have far-reaching capabilities to provide comprehensive assistance in industrial-related construction projects, including regulatory matters, zoning, contractual and contentious matters, as well as ongoing business advisory. I am always really impressed by the high quality of their work and client-oriented approach.‘
‘The team includes several highly experienced and responsive individuals covering a wide spectrum of real estate and construction related matters between them. The access to senior lawyers is very easy.‘
‘Penteris has a great long track record of advising various clients in Real Estate and Construction. I appreciate that partners I worked with were fully involved in advising, drafting and negotiations, hard working on the front-line.‘
‘Penteris is very advanced in using the newest technology and innovation while assisting the client. Perhaps it is worth noting that Penteris takes very seriously diversity principles by implementing it in practice; the number of female partners balance the male partners.‘
‘For the Penteris team I always feel that I am the most important client.‘
‘Close cooperation with client, unique knowledge and experience.‘
‘It is my pleasure to work with Przemysław Kastyak in the Penteris team. Przemysław’s huge knowledge, experience and constant commitment means that I don’t hesitate to entrust Przemysław with our next projects.‘
‘I am very impressed by Agnieszka Koniewicz’s in-depth understanding of the complex construction process. She is a unique lawyer who can easily understand and speak with engineers and technicians and convert the technical mattes into clear legal contractual language. Agnieszka perfectly knows various international standards of construction and development contracts, which she can quickly adjust to the Polish market reality and legal requirements. She is also creative in finding solution to address very specific problems and issues satisfactory for both parties.‘
Octava Property Trust
RIDA Development Corporation
- Advising Immobel on the construction of the Central Point office building in the centre of Warsaw.
- Acting for Octava Property Trust on the development of a commercial centre connected with a railway and bus station in the city of Wałbrzych, one of the largest cities in southwestern Poland.
- Advised RIDA Development Corporation on the construction aspects of the development of an office project in Gdańsk city centre, including construction and commercialisation of an A-class office building.
At SSW Pragmatic Solutions, the practice advises both domestic and international clients on construction issues with a particular focus on investment matters. This includes negotiating and drafting contacts, with general contractors, sub-contractors and architects. Joint venture transaction expert Maciej Duch and dispute resolution specialist Hubert Wysoczański are the practice heads. Duch also has expertise in property portfolio management and greenfield and build-to-suit investments.
‘The team of lawyers has very good competences and extensive knowledge, as well as extensive experience.’
‘I can recommend cooperation with SSW. They are professionals. During our cooperation they were always prepared for the meetings and were very helpful in negotiation of the contact.’
7R Eiffage Construction
Hennes & Mauritz logistics Sp. z o.o.
CCC S.A. PZU TFI
Waimea Holding S.A.
Aerium Finance Ltd.
Marvipol Development S.A.
Wund Industriebau GmbH
- Advising 7R S.A. regarding the development of a warehouse and a logistics centre located in Kraków-Balice, intended for an R&D centre with approx. 11,000 sq.m. area .
- Advising 7R S.A. during the implementation of a build-to-suit warehouse and production facility in southern Poland for one of the leading entities in the automotive sector.
- Advising Multishop on the construction process of retail parks located in north-east and central Poland.
The construction practice at White & Case M. Studniarek i Wspólnicy – Kancelaria Prawna sp.k. advises both domestic and international clients and has particular strengths in road and railway infrastructure projects and related disputes. Core members of the team include Grzegorz Abram, who is skilled in project finance transactions, construction and corporate lawyer Maciej Zalewski, litigation experts Michał Subocz and Jakub Wołkowicz and real estate, transaction and compliance specialist Jakub Kutzmann.
‘The team is amazing in witness preparation and cross-examination. The work with external people from the Firm is fabulous.’
‘I have worked with Mr. Jakub Wolkowitz and he is the master of cases from head to toe, so the work for external people is easy and fast.’
Acciona Construcción S.A.
Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A.
BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A.
Cerrad sp. z o.o.
Inpex Operations Australia Pty Ltd
Mostostal Power Development sp. z o.o.
Mostostal Warszawa S.A.
Salini Impregilo S.p.A.
Santander Bank Polska S.A.
Taaleri Solar Wind II
- Advised a syndicate of Polish and international financial institutions on financing of the construction of the Polimery Police project.
- Advising the consortium consisting of Sacyr, S.A. (Spain), Salini Impregilo S.p.A. (Italy) and Jan De Nul N.V. (Belgium) in a construction dispute with the Panama Canal Authority in connection with the expansion of the Panama Canal at a cost of USD 5.5bn.
- Advising Colas and Intertoll in a public-private partnership project for the financing, construction, reconstruction and maintenance of the provincial and district roads of the Włocławek district in Poland.