Strong in both contentious and non-contentious work, the 'very professional' construction team at Clifford Chance is directed by real estate specialist Daniel Kopania. It also includes 'exceptional lawyer' Michał Drwal, an experienced litigator known for his work in complex infrastructure disputes (with an emphasis on the motorway and railway sectors) and public procurement expert Piotr Bogdanowicz. In broader terms, the group maintains 'good contacts' within the sector and guides clients from the initial stages of procurement through to remedial matters such as defect rectification and dispute resolution.
Construction in Poland
Other key lawyers:
Michal Drwal; Piotr Bogdanowicz
‘Very professional, accessible and motivated: retains huge involvement in all issues. Very open to suggestions.’
‘Michal Drwal is an exceptional lawyer. Has helped our company tremendously. Some of the approaches in our cases have been really innovative.’
‘Great relationships with clients. ’
‘Good contacts within the construction sector.’
Polskie LNG S.A.
PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A.
Abener Energia S.A.
- Advising Polskie LNG S.A. on the process of the expansion of the LNG terminal in Świnoujście, which consists of the following elements: additional regasification installations, a third LNG storage tank, LNG-to-Rail transshipment installation, and a second jetty.
- Representing Abengoa S.A. and Abener S.A. in a dispute against Cockerill Maintenance & Ingénierie S.A. and Delcredere | Ducroire concerning the construction the construction of solar plants in the Atacama Desert in Chile.
- Advising Capital Park on the ArtN office-retail scheme in the centre of Warsaw (including the redevelopment of the former Norblin factory).
The construction practice at CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Pośniak i Bejm sp.k. is led by 'exceptional' disputes expert Lidia Dziurzyńska-Leipert. Acting for clients such as Allianz Real Estate and Lufthansa/GE, the substantive team advises on all key aspects from project implementation through to completion. Notably, the firm recently assisted the consortium working on the Łódź Fabryczn railway, which has included representing the client in high-value litigation following substantive delays. In addition, it handled key lawsuits connected to the transfer of completion duties at the City Stadium in Wrocław. Michał Bork is a key name for investment law matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm works efficiently and timely. It is specialised in different law categories, which enables holistic resolution of more complicated issues that require cooperation of different competences.’
‘Lawyers employed in the firm are very available and engaged, dedicate enough time to the client, they have in-depth knowledge of law matters. While collaborating we appreciated the cooperation especially with adv. Michal Bork and adv. Lidia Dziurynska-Leipert, who we consider to be exceptional professionals. ’
‘Good knowledge of the market and experience gained in complicated cases that are key in the construction industry. ’
‘Michal Bork is an expert for all matters related to FIDIC construction contracts. His wealth of experience is instrumental to deal with our general contractor and to bring the project to an successful end commercially and legally.’
‘This law firm provides services at a very high level. The company’s lawyers answer questions comprehensively. Especially when it comes to international issues.’
‘The people with whom I worked showed professionalism and knowledge. They were always available. They kept their deadlines, which is not so obvious in other lawyers.’
Trakcja PRKil S.A.
SBP schlaich bergermann partner
Allianz Real Estate
- Advised the general contractor of the railway station and the railway line – the consortium of Torpol, Astaldi, Intercor and PBDiM on the construction of the state-of-the-art Nowa Łódź Fabryczna railway station, and represented the client in court disputes following the closing of the project.
- Advised Lufthansa Technik and GE Aviation on a project concerning the development of a service centre for aircraft engines in Poland.
- Advised TR Warszawa on a project concerning the construction of the new buildings of Warsaw’s Museum of Modern Art and TR Warszawa Theatre on Defilad Square in the very centre of Warsaw.
Dentons' construction team is led by the 'very competent' Piotr Staniszewski and dispute avoidance expert Agnieszka Wojciechowska. Drawing on cross-practice expertise from its real estate and dispute resolution practices, it handles pre-arbitration negotiations, proceedings before dispute adjudication boards and matters before international tribunals. The client portfolio includes private investors and public employers, with clients active in areas including commercial real estate, oil and gas, energy, infrastructure and environment. A notable highlight concerns its work for Saipem Techint in a high-profile ICC arbitration against Polskie LNG. This case pertains to the construction of Poland’s first LNG regasification terminal.
Agnieszka Wojciechowska; Piotr Staniszewski
‘I worked with the team for several years. They continue delivering great support and there is no other team that I trust more in the matters relating to my business. I do value their cross-border contacts and the possibility to address various issues with one team that can then address them internally, ie. tax matters, copyrights, potential litigations, etc. all under one roof and coordinated by a trusted partner.’
‘I had the pleasure working recently with Piotr Staniszewski. He is a very competent person and was always handling the issues professionally and without any delay. Also, when the work required he was there at night to morning hours and even at 1am was checking tax issues with other teammates. All the team and Piotr himself are highly dedicated to the company they cooperate with and the project they are involved in. I would have absolutely no hesitation recommending Piotr to any real estate developer in the future.’
‘I find the team to be very thorough in their approach. The responses to legal questions are always well articulated, very precise, well explained and well supported. The different issues are treated from various perspectives, and the experienced I have working with the team for several years is that the answers are always correct, and my team considers them to be an absolute truth.’
‘They have the ability to work on “unusual” and non-standard procedures. I particularly found cooperation with Mr Piotr Staniszewski to be at the highest level possible. We have worked together for years and have not been disappointed a single time. ’
‘Mr Piotr Staniszewski: extremely open to the search for unconventional solutions, – very quick and satisfied response, – very good negotiation skills.’
‘Piotr Staniszewski is the person I communicate most often with and I find that above all else what characterises a good lawyer is the ability to see the most important issue and quite simply customer service. He not only sees the issue immediately, he knows how to tackle and also provide great customer service throughout the process.’
Cromwell Property Group
PRÔM Peakside ROS Outlet Management
- Representing Saipem and Techint, forming the international consortium together with PBG, in a high-profile ICC arbitration against Polskie LNG, a state-owned company, concerning the construction of Poland’s first LNG regasification terminal. The case was settled.
- Advising Inopa on negotiations of the fit-out contract for the 10,000 sq. m. office space leased by Citibank Europe plc in the Centaurus complex.
- Advising Cromwell Property Group on the construction project related to the extension of Janki Shopping Center.
Specialist construction practice JDP Drapała & Partners is led by Warsaw-based practitioners Przemysław Drapała and Andrzej Sokołowski. Acting for major domestic and international clients, the team has has recently handled key railway projects as well as those featuring major hydrotechnical facilities. In particular, a recent highlight concerns its work for a consortium featuring Nokia Solutions and Networks, a €649m contract requiring the domestic railways operator to develop a nationwide turnkey ERTMS/GSM-R backhaul network. Counsel Jakub Majewski is another key name to note.
Przemysław Drapała; Andrzej Sokołowski
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm works very closely with the clients, being also flexible as for the availability and keeping the same high quality of the services irrespective of who individually is in charge of a specific project. I appreciate the responsiveness and availability of the key lawyers, prompt answers, knowledge of industry and practice. The team is flexible in case there is a need to involve more people in the project and is able to provide comprehensive advice (beyond the primarily specified area). I highly appreciate the communication level of the firm.’
‘The team regularly deals with complex cases and high claim values. We have cooperated with JDP in a couple of projects and we can for sure confirm that this team is capable to work on comprehensive cases within a short time. In JDP even most challenging issues do not stop them from looking for customized solutions and ways to handle problems quickly. It is to be mentioned that JDP as a law firm is always taking care of the team being up to date with any news in the sector of land transport market. ’
‘The person that is my main contact in JDP is Professor Przemyslaw Drapala, the Managing Partner – an excellent practitioner and an indisputable leader. He is an undeniable authority in the field of court and arbitration disputes related to complex construction and infrastructure projects. Many matters have turned out to be precedential and have set the tone of jurisprudence for years to come and the future condition of construction sector in Poland. We turn to him for advice in different legal issues and are impressed by his comprehensive understanding of the market.’
‘The Firm has extensive experience in public procurement law and infrastructure investments. The members of the team have diverse experience.’
‘Strengths: deep knowledge about construction industry, infrastructure projects, construction contracts and related legal environment; very good reaction time, ready to work under time pressure, holistic approach.’
‘Top legal advice from prof. Przemyslaw Drapala in the area of construction contracts in public sector. His experience in the construction industry makes our cooperation more productive and he focuses on the best solutions. Very fast and good risk evaluations and proposed risk mitigation actions are provided. There is a good team supporting Prof. Drapala including outstanding counsel Jakub Majewski.’
Nokia Solutions and Networks sp. z o.o. and its consortium partners (FONON sp. z o.o., SPC-2 sp. z o.o., Herkules Infrastruktura sp. z o.o.)
Salini Impregilo S.p.A. (Italy)
Impresa Pizzarotti & C. S.p.A. (Italy)
Astaldi S.p.A (Polish branch)
Mota-Engil Central Europe S.A.
Mostostal Warszawa S.A.
Eiffage Polska Budownictwo S.A.
Bilfinger SE and its subsidiaries
- Provided comprehensive legal assistance and advice to the contractor consortium in connection with a five-year contract of a value of €649m executed for the operator of Polish railways to develop a nationwide turnkey ERTMS/GSM-R and mission-critical backhaul network.
- Represented Mostostal Warszawa as a defendant in a dispute concerning the payment of contractual penalties for the failure to remove alleged defects in the process of building a new university campus for the University of Białystok.
- Represented Impressa Pizzarotti & C. in dozens of litigations concerning four different projects performed for GDDKiA (the employer).
Anna Flaga-Martynek in the Warsaw office and Poznan-based Marta Midloch lead the 'strong team of lawyers' that form the construction practice at WKB Wiercinski, Kwiecinski, Baehr. The group is particularly recognised for its work in infrastructure matters such as the construction of roads, railways, chemical installations, energy plants and gas pipelines. Experienced in understanding the perspectives of both authorities and contractors, the team recently advised on the development of a key rainwater project in Bydgoszcz. Notably, the practice recently introduced a remedial plan for projects where realisation is compromised (this covers investors, contractors and organisational units that issue agreements and permits).
Anna Flaga-Martynek; Marta Midloch
‘They have specialists in many areas of law. They also have a well-structured offering for efficient team management. As a result, they react very quickly and effectively, regardless of the time of the week and day. Communication with them is very efficient. You can always count on them in difficult situations.’
‘The Law Firm closely cooperates with the Company, remaining at constant disposal regardless of the time of day. Each time it scrupulously and thoroughly analyses arising problems, always guaranteeing service at the highest level. The analysed problems are considered in many aspects, which is important from the point of view of the Company’s activity and the risks associated with it. WKB looks at the examined issues and documents not only from the perspective of what is here and now, and a wide range of solutions increases the probability of the proceedings ending with a positive result for the Company. ’
‘WKB has a strong team of lawyers with extensive knowledge and experience in running a wide variety of projects. They are very proactive and understand business needs. They have a very good understanding of the municipal sector and the practice of local authorities and administration, which is very important in infrastructure projects. They provide very good quality services at prices much more favorable than international law firms.’
‘I work with Anna Flaga Martynek and her team. Anna has extensive experience in investment and infrastructure projects and negotiations. Her advice is very comprehensive, she can see many aspects of the case and take into account the relationship with various stakeholders, which is extremely important especially in the case of infrastructure projects. She has extensive experience in cooperation with local government institutions and great understanding of business issues.’
Stadtwerke München GmbH / Windfarm Polska III sp. z o.o.
Eurowind Energy Sp. z o.o.
Baltic Green I sp. z o.o. (part of KGAL Investment Management GmbH & Co. KG)
TOTO S.p.a. Costruzioni Generali
Salini Impregilo S.p.A./ Salini Polska Sp. z o.o.
OGP Gaz System S.A.
Miejskie Wodociągi i Kanalizacja w Bydgoszczy sp. z o.o.
Chemwik sp. z o.o.
Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne w Poznaniu Sp. z o.o.
Enea Trading Sp. z o.o.
PSE – Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A.
Nowe Jaworzno Grupa Tauron sp. z o.o.
Tauron Polska Energia S.A.
- Advised TOTO S.p.A. Costruzioni Generali on the project for design and build of the S-61 expressway (part of so-called Via Baltica).
- Advised Miejskie Wodociągi i Kanalizacja w Bydgoszczy on the smart city project for modernisation and construction of a rainwater infrastructure in Bydgoszcz.
- Advised Windfarm Polska III on the construction of wind farm projects with a capacity of 132 MW (Jasna Windfarm), 60 MW (Janikowo Windfarm), 25 MW (Baltic Green I).
The construction group at act BSWW has a notable emphasis on commercial, residential, warehousing and infrastructure matters. Led by Marek Wojnar and Michał Wielhorski, it acts for domestic and international clients across the spectrum of construction from public procurement through to (where necessary) litigation. Specifically, the team handles planning negotiations, architectural services, FIDIC contracts and EPC agreements. In addition, the group advises on performance bonds, environmental protection matters, and zoning and permits. Mateusz Prokopiuk was promoted to the partnership in July 2020.
Marek Wojnar; Michał Wielhorski
Other key lawyers:
ECC Real Estate
Globalworth Poland (GPRE)
GN Jantaris (GN Group)
- Advised Strabag Real Estate on drafting and negotiating the development agreement of a downtown Warsaw hotel, subsequently followed by the building’s forward purchase.
- Advised Globalworth on several dozen agreements for construction works and preparation of design documentation (incl. as part of Design & Build system), combined with investment project supervision and technical supervision.
- Advised Xender, an Italian developer, on the construction of a residential estate in Warsaw.
DLA Piper's construction offering is led by real estate expert Jacek Giziński and disputes resolution specialist Krzysztof Kycia. A member of the Polish Association of Construction Industry Employers, the team handles work in sectors such as infrastructure (rail, roads and ports), energy and project development. In addition, the team is well placed to handle procurement advice on commercial developments and has a strong reputation supporting major engineering works. Piotr Witecki and senior associate Szymon Sakowski are other noteworthy contacts.
Jacek Giziński; Krzysztof Kycia
Other key lawyers:
‘Highly experienced and competent construction practice. From an in-house counsel perspective a major advantage is that they understand the business of our company as a client which allows them to tailor the best pragmatic solution.’
‘True professionals in construction law. They always deliver quality responses. They are always punctual and committed. ’
‘The team knows my business relationships and is a partner for discussion on different subjects. They use their experts when necessary. The are focused not only on a given legal subject but on my personal interest under given circumstances.’
‘Krzysztof Kycia – the partner. He is my closest confidant. We are close business partners whatever business I launch I will discuss this with Krzysztof to find an area for cooperation’.
‘Szymon Sakowski – associate: the youngest team member but an important one – responsible for execution of the service. He has a high ability to listen to the client. He addresses my needs, helps me to take my business and strategic decisions.’
‘I worked with Szymon Sakowski on several matters. Very solution-oriented and proactive professional. He represents all the values I would imagine a perfect lawyer to have. ’
‘I have dealt with Mr. Szymon Sakowski. Qualities valued: professionalism, knowledge in construction law, responsiveness and punctuality. Mr. Sakowski’s added value is his soft-skill and abilities to adjust his style towards different stakeholders. He knows how to level with those of different backgrounds.’
Bank BNP Paribas
Corestate Capital Holding
DEME Concessions Infrastructure
Kuwait Financial Center (“Markaz”)
Marubeni, Mota Engil and ZUE
Pomorskie Przedsiębiorstwo Mechaniczno-Torowe
Santander Bank Polska
Trakcja (part of the COMSA group)
The construction team at Domanski Zakrzewski Palinka advises clients on all aspects of the investment process. Specifically, it assists with EPC contracts (including those based on FIDIC standards), design work , project architect supervision and agreements with utilities suppliers. In addition, issues arising from subcontracting and PPPs are handled by a team praised for its 'extensive knowledge' of relevant legislation. Notably, the client portfolio includes substantive players in the transport, energy and sporting sectors. Key names include team leads Tomasz Darowski and Marcin Krakowiak and senior associate Michal Przychoda, who is an 'expert in public private - partnerships'.
Tomasz Darowski; Marcin Krakowiak
Other key lawyers:
‘High commitment, excellent communication, propose solutions perfectly tailored to client.’
‘We find their services helpful and efficient due to on-time and accurate responses. The lawyers with whom we cooperate have at their disposal extensive knowledge on the subject. ’
‘Mr Michal Przychoda is an expert in public private – partnerships. His experience and knowledge addresses public sector clients to a great extent. Mr Tomasz Darowski’s commitment as a partner and his personal availability to serve the client is also well perceived.’
Zarząd Morskiego Portu Gdynia S.A.
TM. E.S.P.A. – Termomeccanica Ecologia
Astaldi s.p.a SA Oddział w Polsce
Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy
MTU Aero Engines AG and Lufthansa Technik AG
- Advised the Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy and the Zarząd Morskiego Portu Gdynia along with Ernst & Young and Databout (previously: WYG International) (in a consortium), on the PPP project “Construction of the Outer Port in the Port of Gdynia”.
- Advised Urbaser a PPP project on implementing a thermal waste treatment project (waste-to-energy process), which includes advising the consortium throughout the whole process, from the bid submission, to proceedings before the NAC and advice on the construction of the plant.
- Advised Termomeccanica Ecologia on a project to finish the construction of a municipal waste incineration plant in Szczecin.
Construction matters account for a considerable part of DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k's workload. In particular, the team - which is led by Maciej Jamka and Rafał Morek - has a strong reputation for its work in dispute resolution where it handles matters connected to FIDIC contracts (in particular Red Book, Yellow Book and Silver Book), joint venture agreements, subcontracting, design services and the implementation of infrastructure projects. The firm also represents clients in cases impacted by extension of time (EoT), errors in design, non-payment and breach of warranty. In mid 2020, real estate expert Joanna Wojnarowska joined the practice from Baker McKenzie while Piotr Kunicki remains a key contact for bid preparations.
Maciej Jamka; Rafał Morek
Other key lawyers:
Joanna Wojnarowska; Piotr Kunicki
‘DWF Poland Jamka sp.k. has an excellent approach to the client, offering full legal support with their knowledge and experience combined with availability and commitment. DWF emphasizes a team approach to each case so that the client gets multiple perspectives and unparalleled attention to detail. This is an advantage over other law firms that are mostly based on individuals.’
‘Advocate Rafal Morek is a leader in the construction team at DWF. He is an experienced, open-minded professional with very deep knowledge of the construction sector. Fast working with an outstanding ability to create the entire strategy of each case. A great team leader. ’
‘Joanna Wojnarowska – very experienced lawyer. Understands not only law but also key business practices. The advice is always very clear.’
Uriel Renovables, S.A.
Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN S.A.
Vias y Construcciones S.A.
Orange Polska & its subsidiary TP Teltech
Polskie LNG S.A.
Valard Polska sp. z o.o.
Przedsiębiorstwo Usług Technicznych Intercor Sp. z o.o.
Vias y Construcciones S.A., Polaqua Sp z o.o.
Construcciones Rubau S.A., Rubau Polska sp. z o.o.
Zeitgeist Asset Management
IWG (formerly Regus)
- Represented Uriel Renovables, S.A. in negotiations leading to conclusion of the set of contracts related to one of the largest wind farms investments in Poland.
- Advised Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN S.A. on an investment process with CAPEX over PLN1bn, regarding construction of a combined cycle power plant (463 MW power).
- Represented Rubau Polska Sp. z o.o. (Poland) and Construcciones Rubau S.A. (Spain) in two disputes with General Directorate of National Roads and Highways over the construction of parts of expressways S7 (southern roundabout of Warsaw) and S61 (Via Baltica).
The team at Linklaters advises on the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, renegotiations and assistance during the execution and post-execution phases. In addition, the practice handles contentious mandates including construction-related claims management and dispute resolution. The team is jointly led by Artur Kulawski and counsel Patryk Figiel, who is an infrastructure expert.
Artur Kulawski; Patryk Figiel
Other key lawyers:
Pomerania Wind Farm
- Advising Panattoni Europe on the construction of a production plant and research and development centre for Varroc.
- Advising Panattoni Europe on the construction of a production and warehouse building for Eltek.
- Advising Meridiam Eastern Europe Investments S.A.S. and Urbaser S.A.U. on the preparation of the organisational structure and the offer for a public-private partnership project in Olsztyn.
Wardynski & Partners
Stefan Jacyno, Michał Gliński and Michał Wons lead the team at Wardynski & Partners. In addition to handling real estate M&A, the practice also assists with real estate due diligence, property sales (with a specialism in agriculture) and the establishment of outsourcing centres.
Stefan Jacyno; Michał Gliński; Michał Wons
Castorama (Kingfisher group)
Cromwell European REIT Management Pte Ltd
KK Wind Solutions
- Advised the Salling Group, together with Danish law firm Gorrissen Federspiel, on a legal due diligence of 301 stores and acquisition of shares in Tesco (Poland) for approx. PLN 0.9bn. The transaction is subject to notification of the European Commission.
- Acting together with Kirkland & Ellis for Gazit-Globe Limited on the acquisition of Atrium European Real Estate Limited (“Atrium”) valued at €1.4bn.
- Assisted Cromwell with the expansion of its portfolio in Poland: a share acquisition of two companies from the Azora group – owners of two complexes of off ice buildings in Kraków.
Olesinski & Wspolnicy
With expertise advising domestic and international clients, Olesinski & Wspolnicy advises across the full spectrum of construction mandates and also fields experts in environmental law. Filip Mroczkowski is a key name for projects involving cross-border transactions and development work, Olga Płoucha is the primary contact for environment issues, and Maciej Król focuses on investment mandates.
Filip Mroczkowski; Olga Płoucha; Maciej Król
Other key lawyers:
‘The O&W Team has great knowledge in every field. I always receive full explanations and detailed descriptions of issues. In my opinion, they are unique – they always show us the right solutions and identify risks and threats.’
‘Detailed work, professional approach, scrutinise every element.’
‘The level of engagement is generally high in the law firm. What makes it even more valuable is the fact that the individual characteristics of the people working there does not seem to disappear in an anonymous group. That makes dialogue more nuanced and trustworthy.’
‘All in-house peers are honest, solid and creative. Their passion for work is amazing!’
Umicore Poland Sp. Z o.o.
Whirlpool Company Polska Sp. z o.o.
Whirlpool Polska Appliances Sp. z o.o.
Umicore Autocat Poland sp. z o.o.
Technonicol Insulation Sp. z o.o.
GARANT FILTER GmbH
WSP Polska Sp. z o.o.
Tristone Flowtech Poland Sp. z o.o.
Cooper Standard Automotive Piotrków Sp. z o.o
Cooper Standard Holdings Inc.
Cooper Standard Polska Sp. z o.o.
GUOTAI HUARONG (POLAND) Sp. z o.o.
EPPO Sp. z o.o.
PM Group Polska Sp. z o.o.
NISHINIHON SHOKO (POLAND) sp. z o.o.
Metroplan Polska Sp. z o.o.
Atlas Ward Polska Sp. z o.o.
Logiserv Group Sp. Z o.o. Sp. K.
GKN Driveline Sp. z o.o.
M.B.B. Logistics Sp. z o.o.
BeeWaTec Sp. z o.o.
Sika Poland sp. z o.o.
KSM Poland Sp. z o.o.
Paragon Siechnice Sp. Z o.o.
Tarcopol sp z o.o.
Cavatina Holding S.A.
UBM Development Sp. z o.o.
Diamentum Office Sp. z o.o.
Vantage Development S.A.
Eurologis sp. z o.o. sp. k.
Angel Poland Group Sp. z o.o.
Lokum Deweloper S.A.
KiK Textil sp. z o.o.
Dr. Schneider Automotive Polska Sp. z o.o.
Biotech sp. z o.o.
Spoton Transact LLC
Marco Pharma International LLC
Qubus Hotel Management sp. z o.o.
Vita Polymers Poland Sp. z o.o.
- Advised Umicore Poland on starting a pioneering investment, the first of its kind in Europe – the construction of a plant producing the latest generation of cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries.
- Advised Viessman Technika Grzewcza on the construction of a new factory for one of the world’s largest heating systems producers on the site of the former airport.
B2R Law Jankowski Stroiński Zięba
Following a 2020 merger, the construction team at B2R Law Jankowski Stroiński Zięba is led by Krakow-based Paweł Gunia. A specialist in infrastructure and energy matters, he is particularly recognised for his FIDIC expertise and works in both civil and administrative courts. In broader terms, the practice represents public authorities, municipalities and private businesses (including PPP projects) and covers areas such as transport (road, rail, ports, airports), power generation and urban regeneration. The firm has a distinct reputation for its ability to handle public procurement disputes.
Elżanowski, Cherka & Wąsowski
With a noted specialism in National Heritage Protection Law, the team at Elżanowski, Cherka & Wąsowski is led by Maksymilian Cherka, Łukasz Dziamski and Andrzej Zyc. In addition to its work in the cultural legacy space, the firm stands out for offering legal support to designers, architects and civil engineers in the process of preparing building documentation. It also covers all matters concerning administrative permits for the execution and operation of investment projects.
Maksymilian Cherka; Łukasz Dziamski; Andrzej Zych
Capital Park S.A.
Skanska Property Poland
Skanska Residential Poland
Penta Real Estate
SCG sp. z o.o. sp. k.
Juma M. Biernacki i wspólnicy
AFI Europe Poland
- Advised Penta Real Estate on obtaining all necessary administrative permits for the construction of a mixed-use building (offices and services) in the rapidly developing Wola district of Warsaw.
- Advised a retail provider on a development project worth €150m located in the centre of Olsztyn consisting of a coach station integrated with an office and shopping centre in “convenience” formula on the site of the current coach station from the 1970s.
- Assisted Skanska Property Poland with investments in the cities of Krakow, Wroclaw and Gdansk.
JLSW Janaszczyk Lis & Wspólnicy
Based in Poznan, the construction law and public procurement practice at JLSW Janaszczyk Lis & Wspólnicy is led by Rafał Frok and Tomasz Janaszczyk. Having recently established its first Warsaw office, the team which has 'excellent knowledge of the law' is well equipped to handle substantive projects for clients in both supply and purchasing capacities. While its portfolio includes key building contractors, engineering companies and architects, the firm also has a strong reputation in dispute resolution (with significant experience of FIDIC), extensions of time, final accounts, defects and contractual penalties.
Rafał Frok; Tomasz Janaszczyk
‘Excellent knowledge of the law, but also the technical construction issues themselves. Visible is the enormous experience in the industry gained from previously completed projects and various problems they solved. Long-term and result-oriented thinking. Quick direct contact with the attending lawyer.’
‘Tomasz Janaszczyk: Perfect knowledge of the law, exceptional negotiating effectiveness and goal orientation.’
‘Speaking human language, explaining issues so we can understand them and agree on recommendation. Always deliver alternative solutions orientated at the long term best interests of the client. They take over the issues entrusted to them and carry on without necessity to urge them.’
‘Always available, always aware of what is going on with our matters.’
‘The team is structured in a way that gives the client a sense of security and comprehensive care in each of the areas that an entrepreneur may encounter in his professional everyday life. Versatility and flexibility, combined with the highest professionalism in many different areas, is the team’s competitive advantage.’
‘We especially appreciate the relational and human aspect of work, which is not often found in large law firms. The atmosphere of cooperation is unique: openness, personal commitment, care for good personal relationships, the highest personal culture, and ease of contacts, directness and no barriers at the same time.’
‘The JLSW team is primarily characterized by an excellent level of legal knowledge, but also professional. From the experience of working with them, I know that they have a very large portfolio of completed investment projects of various characteristics and with very diverse issues. This experience allows them to provide us with ready-made solutions, focused primarily on the result. This is what makes them different from other companies that sometimes, I have the impression, advise on legal matters, but in isolation from the business / technical level.’
PTBS Sp. z o.o.
Schlosser Sp. z o.o.
Novum Plus Sp. z o.o. h
ELD Polska Sp. z o.o.
Fram-Bud Sp. z o.o.
Von der Heyden Group
Schlosser Heiztechnik Gruppe Polska Sp. z o.o. sp.k
Digit Pack Sp. z o.o.
- Advised Poznańskie Towarzystwo Budownictwa Społecznego on one of its biggest ever projects – developing the Koszalińska Street estate where over 3,000 new apartments will be built, as well as social infrastructure (kindergartens, healthcare) and commercial space (shops).
- Advised Novum Plus, a housing developers, on expanding its portfolio, supporting with advice on land acquisitions, administrative permits, disputes, contract negotiations and other key aspects of development projects.
- Advised Von der Heyden Group on construction and investment activities in Poland, including the high-profile Andersia Silver office building and Gdańsk Długi Targ Hotel projects.
At Penteris, the team handles construction matters relating to office, retail, residential, industrial and infrastructure developments. The team is led by Przemysław Kastyak and has substantive experience across the full project cycle. This includes advising clients on zoning, due diligence, land acquisition, environmental standards and the drafting of contracts. In addition, the firm is adept at facilitating relations with subcontractors, resolving disputes and providing ongoing comprehensive assistance.
SSW Pragmatic Solutions
The construction practice at SSW Pragmatic Solutions maintains a particular focus on advice concerning the investment process. Specifically, the team handles the negotiation and drafting of agreements with general contractors, architects and sub-contractors. Legal support is also available in relation to joint venture projects, questions regarding preservation and the development of infrastructure. The team lead is Maciej Duch, a specialist in portfolio management, and greenfield and built-to-suit projects.
H&M Hennes & Mauritz logistics Sp. z o.o.
Waimea Holding S.A.
Aerium Finance Ltd.
Marvipol Development S.A.
Wund Industriebau GmbH
- Advised 7R on the development of a warehouse and a logistics centre located in Kraków-Balice, intended for an R&D centre. The value of the project is approx. €30m.
- Advised Multishop on the construction process of retail parks located in north-east and central Poland (planning process, obtaining relevant permissions, securing legal title to easements, etc.)