Real estate and construction in Pakistan
FGE Ebrahim Hosain
FGE Ebrahim Hosain has a varied and active practice that frequently advises clients on real estate, construction and development matters. It is skilled at advising on property acquisitions and rental issues as well as assisting clients with mortgage deeds and licence agreements. In addition, the group has considerable skill in drafting gift and trust deeds. Other strengths lie in handling registrations before the various land registries and acting for clients in disputes relating to construction contracts, agreements for sale and tenancy agreements. Senior partner Tufail Ebrahim, who is based in Karachi, is a prominent property lawyer.
Tufail Ebrahim; Zaki Rahman; Shabnam Noorali
Habib Bank Limited
Galiyat Development Authority
KPMG Taseer Hadi
Kuwait Real Estate Company Limited
Tourism Promotion Services Pakistan
Associated Biscuits International Limited
Arabtec Pvt Limited
Tourism Promotion Service
Novo Nordisk Pakistan
Port Qasim Authority
- Undertook a review of the title documents and advised Habib Bank in relation to its purchase of two floors in a state-of-the-art building in Karachi .
- Advised Hashmani Group on the acquisition of an amenity plot owned by a charitable trust and on the construction of a 27-storey state-of-the-art tertiary-care hospital building on this site.
- Assisted a leading hotelier group with drafting the documentation for the conversion of state-owned guest houses into a commercial five-star hotel.
- Advised Galiyat Development Authority on the development of two hotel sites.
- Advised Orbit Developers on various construction and real estate projects.
Orr, Dignam & Co. advises property developers, hotel owners and infrastructure providers on a frequent basis. The team is also well equipped to advise on construction and infrastructure projects under FIDIC contracts and has advised several domestic and international clients on onshore and offshore projects. In addition, the group regularly advises both public and private sector clients on major construction projects. Aliya Yusuf is one of the primary contacts.
Aliya Yusuf; Asim Nas; Zahir Riaz; Shahid Raza
- Advising Emaar Properties on its property development projects in Karachi and Islamabad.
- Advised a major client on establishing a franchise in Pakistan.
- Advised the client on establishing a franchise for a proposed hotel in Lahore.
Ahmed & Qazi
Other key lawyers:
RIAA BARKER GILLETTE handles the full range of commercial and residential property matters. Its construction practice has advised on a wide range of energy and infrastructure projects, including projects relating to the construction of large dams, airports, refineries and highways. The team has particular expertise in the renewable energy sector.
Haidermota & Co Advocates regularly advises clients on large and medium-sized real estate projects. Its client base includes buyers, sellers and developers. It also acts for various public and private funds as well as financial institutions.
- Representing Parco in the acquisition of land for an oil pipeline.
- Represented a joint venture partner in the purchase of a property that was later subject to a dispute.
- Represented the Cowasjee family in proceedings for the recovery of PKR1.2bn as payment for land.
- Representing a client in a long-running case, which had been pending in the Supreme Court of Pakistan since 2006, relating to a dispute over the acquisition of land.
- Represented Lucky Tex Pakistan in proceedings to challenge the construction of power transmission lines by the National Transmission and Dispatch Company.
Mandviwalla & Zafar
Mandviwalla & Zafar acts on a wide range of property transactions for privately and publicly owned property developers and corporate clients. Other clients include leading institutional lenders. The firm is highly regarded for its work with companies developing five-star hotels and high-end and high-rise residential and commercial buildings.
Qureshi Law Associates advises its regional and international clients on all aspects of construction projects from inception to completion. Adnan Aslam Qureshi and Zia Junejo co-head the group, which receives a steady flow of instructions from major international law firms on large-scale multi-jurisdictional matters. The team also has a significant caseload of property-related matters in court and can handle all forms of claims under various types of contract such as FIDIC, BOT/BOO and EPC.
Adnan Aslam Qureshi; Zia Junejo
British Petroleum (Pakistan)
ILF Consulting (Germany)
Bank of Punjab
National Bank of Pakistan
Integrated Solutions Ltd
Solar Blue Ltd
Jafri Brothers Ltd
Solution de Energy
- Advised British Petroleum Pakistan on the sale of 13 oil and gas exploratory blocks and the associated physical assets.
- Advising Gulistan Group on a joint venture with Carrefour for the development of a hyper store in Lahore.
- Advising ILF Consulting Engineers (Germany) on the development and construction of the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline.
- Advising Thar Coal & Energy Board on the first large-scale commercial coal mining lease in Pakistan.
- Acting as local counsel on a large construction dispute.