Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co, whose team is 'responsive and easy to work with', handles real estate and construction-related mandates involving infrastructure, leisure facilities and industrial developments. The firm's non-contentious work involves advising on transactions and construction contracts. In addition, the group is also heavily involved in litigation and arbitration arising from construction disputes. Practice head Mansoor Jamal Malik is 'hugely experienced and well-known in the Oman market'.
Real estate and construction in Oman
Mansoor Jamal Malik
Other key lawyers:
‘Very responsive, they know what they’re doing.’
‘Longstanding practice comprised of partners with a long-term presence on the ground. Means that they have experience with most projects and industry players in Oman built up over many years. Responsive and easy to work with. Play to their strengths and happy to support international counsel as needed, in the manner that best suits the client.’
‘Mansoor Jamal Malik is hugely experienced and well known in the Oman market. He draws on this to the benefit of clients by anticipating issues in advance.’
Ad-Dhahirah Generating Company SAOC
Alargan Towell Investment Company LLC
Al Asilah Desalination Company SAOC
Al Raid Group of Companies
Bahwan Engineering Company LLC
Barka Desalination Co SAOC
Cinepolis / Gulf Entertainment Company LLC
Eagle Hill International Muscat LLC
Jebel Al Ahkdar Data Centre
Iskan Oman Investment Company SAOC
Larsen & Toubro
Majid Al Futtaim Group and its subsidiaries
Muriya Tourism Group and its subsidiaries
Muscat Bay (Saraya Bandar Jissah SAOC)
Muscat Intercontinental Hotel
Muscat National Development and Investment Company SAOC (ASAAS)
Muscat Duty Free
Oman Shapoorji Company LLC Oman Aviation Group
Oman Cement Company SAOG
Oman Investment Authority
Oman Sales and Services Company (Muscat Duty Free)
Oman Tourism Company SAOC
Pine Bridge Investments Europe Ltd.
Radisson Hotel Group
Shinas Generating Company SAOC
Suhail Bahwan Group
Zawaya Contractors LLC/ Amwal Development LLC
- Advising Eagle Hills Properties LLC, with respect to the financing sought by Eagle Hills Muscat Properties LLC for the Oman Shatti Project, which includes hotel, residential and retail components.
- Advised Alara Resources LLC on its various mining queries including review of their mining contracts.
- Advising Oman Arab Bank SAOC in connection with the facility agreement between Al-Asalah Hotels & Resorts Management Company SAOC as the Borrower and Oman Arab Bank SAOC as the Agent, Security Agent, Account Bank and Original Lender, financing the transfer of the W Hotel from Oman Tourism Development Co SAOC (OMRAN) to Al-Asalah Hotels & Resorts Management Company SAOC
Dentons' real estate and construction team is experienced in handling development projects, acquisitions and disposals of real estate assets, and debt and equity finance transactions. The team's client base includes state bodies, as well as Omani and international companies. The team is spread across Dubai and Oman. Although former practice head Nick Simpson moved to Dentons' Saudi Arabia practice, he continues to work on Omani matters. Andrew Figgins and Jamie Gibson jointly lead the team in Muscat. Gibson joined the practice in December 2019 from Trowers & Hamlins LLP.
Andrew Figgins; Jamie Gibson
Other key lawyers:
‘They have a strong Middle East presence and a prolific resume of real estate assignments that they have been involved in.’
‘Nick Simpson is recognised for the relevance of his interventions and added value. ‘
‘Strong knowledge in real estate legal framework in Oman, with quite a lot of experience in drafting legal agreements for some real estate projects.’
‘Very good communication, and the firm always delivers practical solutions for some of the issues raised by different stakeholders. ‘
‘Strong depth of knowledge, commercially aware, and good understanding of our business’ commercial drivers.’
Oman Investment Fund (OIF) (Now known as Oman Investment Authority)
Marasi Duqm LLC
Yiti Tourism Development Company SAOC
Maysan Properties SAOC
Supreme Council for Planning of Oman
- Advising the Supreme Council for Planning on the development agreements, construction contracts and consultancy service contracts in respect of a new affordable housing development. This is important because it represents a departure from the Government’s traditional method of supporting citizens to secure a home and the plan is for this model to be replicated across Oman.
- Advising Damac Properties on various aspects of the proposed development of Sultan Qaboos Port, including advice on the relevant regulatory framework in Oman as well as assisting with review and negotiation of the development agreement between Damac and the Government.
- Advising the owner Eagle Hills Muscat Property LLC on hotel management agreements, operator agreements and unit sale and purchase agreements for Mandarin Oriental branded residences in Muscat.
Said Al-Shahry & Partners (SASLO)'s 'diverse and multilingual team' acts on a wide variety of real estate and construction matters, including advice on PPP tenders and construction contracts. In addition, it is also heavily involved in high-value construction litigation. The team counts contractors, state bodies and developers as key clients, among others. Thamer Al Shahry leads the practice. Said Al-Shahry handles a number of disputes for clients.
Thamer Al Shahry
Other key lawyers:
‘A diverse and multilingual team, well rounded.’
‘Always there to assist in a timely manner.’
Al Rajhi for Development – Oman
Al Reef Real Estate Company SAOC
Associated Consulting Engineers (ACE) International
CPEC – Architectural & Engineering Consultancy
Majid Al Futtaim
Martin Engineering GmbH
Mint Projects International LLC
OHL Industrial S.L.
Oman Global Logistics Group SAOC (ASYAD)
Oman Shapoorji Company LLC
Oman Tourism Development Company SAOC (OMRAN)
Roadbridge Construction Oman LLC
SAS Gulf United Company LLC
Seureca Muscat LLC
STFA Construction Group
W.J. Towell & Co. LLC
BIC Contracting LLC
Al Alawi & Co. Advocates & Legal Consultants advises on the procurement and construction of large-scale projects, as well as related investment transactions. The team has extensive experience of the real estate and construction arena, with founder and senior partner Ali Khamis Al Alawi having previously held the position of Head of the Land Registry Office. Sahil Taneja leads the team. Riza Ismail is another key contact.
Other key lawyers:
Ali Khamis Al Alawi; Sahil Taneja
Shumookh Al Sharqiya Construction & Investment LLC (SSC”)
Al Yusr Islamic Banking, Oman Arab Bank
Oman Drydock Company LLC
Oman Power & Water Procurement Company (OPWP)
Salalah Free Zone Company SAOC
Al Tasnim Group
OMRAN (Oman Tourism Development Company SAOC)
YitiTourism Development Company SAOC
- Advised Shumookh Al Sharqiya Construction & Investment LLC on the 300 million Sur City Walk Project, specifically, an acquisition of substantial equity stake there in including resultant project restructuring.
- Acted for Al Yusr Islamic Banking, Oman Arab Bank on the financing of the development and construction of water network pipeline throughout Oman through the use of istisna’/diminishing musharaka structure.
- Advising the Oman Drydock Company LLC on a consolidated shipbuilding agreement relating to the construction of 101 vessels at the Company’s dockyard in the recently established special economic zone in Duqm.
Mohammed Al Ruqaishi Law Firm's practice is particularly active in handling construction disputes, with a proven track record in arbitration cases. It was bolstered in June 2020 by the arrival of Ali Naveed Arshad from Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP's Dubai office. Arshad co-heads the team with Hashim Shekhuna and Mohammed Al Ruqaishi.
Hashim Shekhuna; Ali Naveed Arshad; Mohammed Al Ruqaishi
Oman Sugar RefineryCompany LLC
Biyaq Oilfield Services LLC
AZ Engineers & Partners LLC
Consolidated Contractors Company Oman LLC
Kempinski hotel Muscat –Oman Hospitality Company SAOC
Black Gold Integrated Solutions Co LLC
Descon Engineering Oman LLC
Kirtanlal Metal Productsand Co. LLC
- Advised Oman Sugar Refinery on Usufruct Agreement, Engineering Procurement Construction Contract and Facility Agreement.
- Advised Black Gold Integrated Solutions Co LLC as project company local counsel on its project development and EPC arrangements and Istisna Agreement (i.e. construction contract for Shariah based project facilities).
- Advising AZ Engineers & Partners LLC on the joint venture arrangements relating to the project special purpose joint venture company established to execute the Adawnib Dam project awarded to the joint venture of Portex-Eksen-NTF-AZ Engineers.