Antony Hall, commercial head at Mincoffs Solicitors LLP, advises a wide range of media and entertainment clients, including international magazine publishers, cultural organisations, national and regional broadcasting companies, and gaming companies, as well as assisting prominent musicians and celebrities. The team frequently handles matters which include identifying, protecting and exploiting IP rights that exist in creative works. Other work includes advising on flotations, public takeovers, and private sales and acquisitions of media companies.
Media and entertainment in North
Mincoffs Solicitors LLP
‘The team is friendly and approachable and prides itself on being a seamless extension to our business.‘
‘David Cox is responsive, approachable, pragmatic and constructive in the way he approaches all negotiations.‘
‘Responsive and highly pragmatic in providing advice, finding the best legal and technical solutions to contractual problems.‘
Steamforged Games Limited
Northern Film + Media
The TV Agency
- Advised Steamforged Games on licensing deals with Capcom Entertainment and Bandai Namco.
- Assisted Northern Film + Media with the creation of a suite of contractual documentation for emerging film directors and creators.
- Advised Goodboy Digital Limited on its contractual arrangements with the BBC in relation to its CBeebies Get Creative App.
The team at Muckle LLP acts for a wide range of high-profile media and entertainment clients, including both corporations and individuals from the worlds of music, film, TV, advertising, and fashion. The practice handles the full spectrum of both contentious and advisory work, including reputation management, rights infringement, shareholder disputes, royalty claims, sponsorship, celebrity endorsement, and licensing. George Festing - described as 'a joy to deal with' - is the key partner; he works in tandem with sports specialist John Devine, who is frequently instructed by national sports governing bodies, professional sports clubs and affiliated charities.
Other key lawyers:
‘George Festing is an excellent and very reliable litigator. Very capable and a delight to work with.‘
‘It is a proper full service business law firm.‘
‘George Festing is a joy to deal with. He gets through the noise very quickly and is very commercial.‘
Caribbean Premier League Limited
North Music Trust
England Athletics Limited
Magnetic North East
Durham County Cricket Club
The Football Association
The Northumbrian Pipers Society
- Advising James Lavelle, founder of the Mo’Wax record label and the musical outfit UNKLE, in relation to company, contractual and music rights issues.
- Assisting the Caribbean Premier League with their media, image, and licensing agreements for video gaming and worldwide betting rights.
- Representing a heritage American vocal group in a trade mark and passing off claim against copycat performers in the UK.