At Mincoffs Solicitors LLP, Antony Hall and Anna Allen are two of the key commercial services practitioners working on matters with a nexus to media and entertainment law. The firm's specialist expertise in toy and hobby entertainment is exemplified by its work for Steamforged Games, a core client which regularly instructs the group to advise on licensing deals with some of the world’s largest video entertainment companies. The team also has a long history of advising magazine publishers, radio and broadcasting companies, as well as high profile musicians and TV personalities.
Media and entertainment in North
Mincoffs Solicitors LLP
Other key lawyers:
‘Great value for money which is very important for start-up businesses and SMEs. All round team with different departments to meet most of the needs of a business under one roof.’
‘Anna Allen provided outstanding customer service with great attention to detail whilst ensuring our timelines were met in providing the agreed deliverables for our engagement.’
Steamforged Games Limited
Fighters Only Limited
Goodboy Digital Limited
Northern Film and Media
Team RH Fitness Limited
Coatsink Software Limited
The TV Agency
- Negotiated additional licences with Capcom, Bandai Namco, a global media production company and two leading video game platform providers on behalf of Steamforged Games.
- Advised Tom Beardsmore and others on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Coatsink Software to Thunderful Group, headquartered in Sweden.
- Providing ongoing commercial contractual support to Goodboy Digital on a retainer basis, including advising on various contractual negotiations with Goodboy’s clients and assisting the team in developing their own in-house intellectual property strategy.
Muckle LLP's offering is known for handling high value matters for a wide range of clients in the entertainment industry, ranging from Premier League footballers to international music artists. George Festing's broad practice encompasses the full roster of contentious and advisory work, including press and reputation management, rights infringements, shareholder disputes, royalty claims, sponsorship, celebrity endorsement and licensing. The firm is also noted for its expertise in issues with a nexus to the sports sector; John Devine is the key contact for such work.
Other key lawyers:
‘George Festing is considered, articulate and personable. He consistently delivers pragmatic and reliable counsel. A pleasure to deal with.’
Caribbean Premier League Limited
England Athletics Limited
North Music Trust
Magnetic North East
Durham County Cricket Club
The Football Association
The Northumbrian Pipers Society
- Assisting Leovegas Gaming, one of the leading mobile gaming companies worldwide, with a range of IT and IP matters, both advisory and contentious.
- Advising the Caribbean Premier League on their media rights agreements, including new media rights, image rights and licensing for video gaming and worldwide betting rights.
- Advised Thunderful Group, alongside its Swedish legal counsel, on the English law elements of the client’s acquisition of 100% of the development studio Coatsink Software for an upfront consideration of £23m plus an earn-out component potentially resulting in a maximal total consideration £65.5 million.