Media and entertainment in North
Mincoffs Solicitors LLP
Mincoffs Solicitors LLP advises on a range of matters for magazine publishers, radio and broadcasting companies, gaming companies, musicians, celebrities and prominent sportsmen and women. The firm particularly specialises in celebrity videogame endorsements. Antony Hall leads the team and has expertise in interactive media, computer games and creative industries.
Steamforged Games Limited
The TV Agency
Kite Optics Limited
- Advising Steamforged Games on the licensing of the Horizon Zero Dawn video game entertainment property.
- Advising the client on the licensing of video game entertainment property.
- Acting for the client in relation to trade mark matters.
- Advising on contractual arrangements and obligations for client.
- Application for development funding.
Muckle LLP specialises in music and sport matters, notably image rights. The firm advises on high-value matters for clients in the entertainment industry ranging from Premier League footballers and football clubs, to international music artists. The ‘excellent’ practice head George Festing is ‘the ideal person to speak to in a crisis’. His team includes John Devine, who is an expert in sports matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘There is a strong understanding of the industry and of the rather unique relationships and complexities that go with it’
‘They maintain a highly professional approach with clients’
‘An out of London firm that has in-depth music litigation knowledge’
‘Muckle always has someone who can assist, no matter the issue’
‘George Festing is a calm and considered lawyer offering sensible, commercial advice’
‘Tony McPhillips has the ability to get things done’
Performing Right Society Ltd (PRS)
Caribbean Premier League Limited
North Music Trust
Andy Taylor (Duran Duran)
Robert Barton (Iron Maiden)
England Athletics Limited
Magnetic North East
Durham County Cricket Club
The Football Association
The Northumbrian Pipers Society
- Acts for Andy Taylor on matters arising from the litigation between the members of Duran Duran and Gloucester Place Music Limited, part of Sony/ATV.
- Acted for Robert Barton in a claim brought by Barry McKay against him and members of the band Iron Maiden for copyright infringement in relation to the Iron Maiden songs ‘Hallowed Be Thy Name’ and ‘The Nomad’.
- Represents the Caribbean Premier League in relation to a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property rights issues.
- Represents England Athletics on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property rights issues.
- Advised a football club on all legal issues arising from the hosting, staging and live broadcasting by Sky TV on Sky One of a charity match.