Olumide Osundolire heads the property, infrastructure and construction group at Banwo & Ighodalo, which assists national and international banks, developers, investors and private clients on the full gamut of real estate development and transactions. Alongside Olamide Oshikoya, he has been leading the firm's team advising Palton Morgan Holdings Limited on its N240m acquisition of a large expanse of land in Lagos State to be developed into a large residential estate.
Real estate and construction in Nigeria
Other key lawyers:
‘They communicate well. they share ideas and thoughts and help you think through possible solution to challenges’
‘Olamide Oshikoya is very patient, with a good personality and disposition. He is a man of good character and integrity. He is very honest and open and very helpful too.’
‘The practice have and continued to provide excellent service and high levels of professionalism to our organisation with respect to our land matters. Their understanding of the Lagos land matters, relationships and networks within critical offices of the Lagos lands bureau and experience in matters concerning our needs have not only helped us save money but also help us resolve a property ownership matter we had struggled for years to finalise.’
‘The individual and collective team members of the real estate and construction practice – particularly Olumide Osundolire and Olamide Oshikoya – have delivered exceptional services to us to date and provided top notch advisory experience.’
‘They always conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism in written and verbal communication, clearly explain steps and procedures, proactively inform us of risk scenarios and mitigation strategies and any additional information we need. We have and continue to recommend them to our network and colleagues.’
‘The practice is highly focused on delivering best-in-class solutions to customers. The team is led and staffed by a highly experienced lawyers with in-depth knowledge of the local industry and quite conversant with global standards.’
‘Lamide Oshikoya has deep insight into construction practice, strong relationships with real estate industry regulators and stakeholders, and in-depth knowledge of real estate contracts’
‘We have used the services of Banwo & Ighodalo for all our real estate leases and they have looked out for our best interests and acted professionally all the time.’
Everty Nigeria Limited
Regent Real Estate Limited
Grenadines Homes Limited
Corona Schools Trust Council
Family Homes Funds Limited
Seso Global Limited
Palton Morgan Holdings
Mantrac Nigeria Limited
Cummins West Africa Limited
ConnectRail Services Limited
Fate Foundation Ltd/GTE
Welltec Oilfield Services (Nigeria) Limited
H & W Starch Derivatives Limited
- Advising Grenadines Home Limited on the acquisition of a large expanse of land and development of the Oceanna, a mixed-use development at the water-front in the prestigious Victoria Island, Lagos, comprising of four towers.
- Advising Family Homes Funds Limited in connection with the acquisition of three large parcels of land, all situate at the New Makun City, along the busiest road in Nigeria, the Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, Sagamu Local Government Area, Ogun State and the construction of 1000 units of affordable housing units for sale to low and medium income earners.
- Advising Mantrac Nigeria Limited in connection with its acquisition of a large expanse of land measuring approximately 20,000 square metres and the construction of a fully automated factory and assembly plant at the Alaro City, a new free trade zone situate within the Lekki Area of Lagos State.
The real estate offering at Bloomfield Law Practice is led by Adedoyin Afun, and is frequently instructed to assist developers on structuring and planning real estate and construction transactions, property finance and project development. The firm is noted for its depth and involvement in commercial real estate, REITs and private equity, demonstrated by its advice to Purple Capital on its group restructuring to create a leading real estate subsidiary, as well as the development of a multimillion-dollar retail platform for four small retail malls in Lagos.
Adedoyin Afun; Ayodele Oni
Purple Capital Partners Limited
Lekki Retailtainment Limited
Maryland Mall Limited
United Capital Trustees
Middle Band Solar One Limited
Purple Real Estate Development Company Limited
PE Bitumen Resources Nigeria Limited
Osapa-Lekki Spv Limited
- Advising Purple Real Estate Development Company Limited on the development of a residential gated community situated along Freedom Way, Ikate, Lagos, comprising thirty units of four-bedroom semi-detached houses, known as Purple Colony.
- Advising Lekki Retailtainment Limited on all legal aspects of the financing, construction and development of the multi-million dollar mall and co-living residents (on 10,000 sqm) to be known as Purple Lekki, (a 7,000 square metre retail development in Lagos).
- Advised United Capital Trustees, a subsidiary within the United Bank of Africa Group, on the perfection of its security over a large expanse of property, in Ogun State.
G. Elias & Co has a strong varied track record of work advising both local and foreign investors on investment into the real estate market, as well as supporting developers on acquiring and developing nationally significant projects including retail centres, commercial offices, hotels and restaurants and telecommunications assets. Gbolahan Elias, Fred Onuobia and Fidelis Adewole are the key partners to note for construction transactions and real estate development work.
Other key lawyers:
Fred Onuobia; Fidelis Adewole
‘We have worked with G.Elias for over 20 years now. We have found them to be very professional and with good knowledge of laws and regulations in the real estate sector.’
‘We work with Prof Elias personally at the initial stages of any project where concepts and strategy are agreed. After that a team is assigned to our project and all details are discussed and finalised with the team. All of the associates assigned to our projects are professional and knowledgeable with a good understanding of the various transactions.’
Harmony Business Associates Limited.
El Alan Group
Kaizen Properties Limited
African Capital Alliance
DPL Construction Limited
High Net Worth Individuals
Regus Nigeria Limited
- Advising the Lagos State Government on the development and construction of the first phase of the 27.5km “Red Line” of the Lagos Metro Rail Transit, the most economically viable metro in the nation.
- Advised El-Alan and Kaizen Properties Limited on the construction and monetization of a Luxury Residential Tower at 4, Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi, Lagos State.
- Advising DPL Construction Limited on the construction of a 2,000 Barrel per day refinery at Ogini Ellu, Delta State, for the refining of crude oil.
Udo Udoma & Belo-Osagie's market-leading real estate practice is a strong choice for advice on financing transactions, project finance, mortgage schemes and property acquisitions. It also demonstrates depth in matters concerning REITs, leasing, planning, environment and construction. In a standout matter, practice head Aniekan Ukpanah and senior associate Ekundayo Onajobi have been advising Union Bank of Nigeria on its disposal of assets in its real estate portfolio across Lagos, Kaduna, Abuja, Kano, Ogun and Enugu States.
Other key lawyers:
‘Highly professional and knowledgeable. They describe complex legal issues in a simple way, ensuring their clients are carried through.’
‘They are polite, courteous and always willing to take on client concerns. They see issues from several points of view and are happy to share pros and cons of each. Always open to be available at very short notice.’
- Advised KCSSA West Africa Limited, a Nigerian subsidiary of Kimberly Clark, on the acquisition of a factory in Ikorodu Lagos State which measures approximately eight hectares.
- Advising Duval Properties Limited in connection with the mixed-use development of its approximately 31.44 hectares of land situated around Jabi Lake, Abuja.
- Advising UAC Foods Limited in connection with the acquisition of a 20-hectare land in Ogun State. The property is to be development into a food and beverage processing plant.
Aluko & Oyebode's real estate team is managed by Adeniyi Adegbonmire, who advises developers, owners, private and institutional investors and corporates on all manner of banking, corporate transactions and disputes arising in the real estate sector. The firm is particularly skilled in drafting and negotiating real estate contracts and other conveyance documents, in addition to handling regulatory compliance and lease work.
‘I started working with this law firm at the beginning of this year and already have only words of praise. What makes Aluko & Oyebode unique is their professional approach to work, responsiveness, vast experience in the field of construction and dispute resolution, devotion to their work, willingness to accommodate the client’s needs and amicability.’
‘I have particularly been impressed by Ngo-Martins Okonmah. Ngo is extremely devoted to his work, very professional and diligent. He has a huge experience and approaches all issues and potential problems with enthusiasm and creativity.’
Africa GB Foods Manufacturing Limited
Sika Manufacturing Nigeria Limited
- Advising Africa GB Foods Manufacturing Nigeria Limited on acquisition of proprietary interest in a property measuring approximately 5,800 Square Metres in Sango-Ota, Ogun State for industrial project.
- Advised Tomani Farms and Agro Industry Limited on acquisition of proprietary interest in a property of over 1,00 hectares, situate at Gafara, in the Ngaski Local Government Area of Kebbi State for an Industrial Farm Project.
- Advised a consortium of senior lenders on the acquisition of property along Lekki, Lagos State.
Abutu Odu is the lead partner at Olajide Oyewole LLP; he has a busy real estate practice spanning acquisitions, commercial and residential development, joint ventures and construction projects. He is also able to assist with related taxation aspects of transactions, as well as in the conveyancing, planning and zoning and the perfection of title to real estate property. Head of construction Solape Peters is recommended for negotiation, drafting and reviewing of commercial agreements with respect to concession and construction agreements within the PPP framework. Senior associate Ismaila Shaib Usman regularly represents both local and foreign multinational corporates in real estate transactions.
Abutu Odu; Solape Peters
Other key lawyers:
Ismaila Shaib Usman
‘In my experience the team always has the most relevant legal knowledge and advice, but more importantly they have always made us feel like we are their most important client, and in some cases like we are their only client. This attention to service and closeness is difficult to achieve, and I really feel that this is what makes their practice stand head and shoulders above the rest.’
‘My experience with Solape Peters and her team has been nothing less than blissful – they have guided me through some tricky situations and have been ready to back up my understandings with facts. More importantly, they have on occasion disagreed with our course of action and helped us realize there are other more suitable options.’
Boulos Enterprises Limited
DHL International Nigeria Limited
Cappa & D‘Alberto Plc
Foodco Nigeria Limited
Solar Garden Projects Limited
Eko Pearl Limited
First World Communities Limited
Broll Property Services Limited
Igbobi Development Company Limited
Persianas Properties Limited
Mainstream Energy Solutions Limited
Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority
Etco (Nigeria) Limited
- Advised on the sale of Boulos Enterprises Limited’s large parcel of land earmarked for the development of its factory at Agba-Akin Village, Ogun State to UAC Foods Limited
- Advising on the sale and purchase transaction of Puma Energy Limited’s 2 parcels of land with the appurtenant pipeline right of way licences and permits locatd at the Lekki Free Trade Zone used for the connection to the single point mooring system at the Atlantic Ocean
- Advising OVH Energy Marketing Limited on the acquisition and perfection of title of a prime gas retail outlet located at Ikoyi, Lagos.
As one of the strongest real estate practices in the Nigerian market, Templars is recognised for its longstanding experience in the property and infrastructure sector and its wide offering, ranging from sale and leaseback arrangements, real estate finance and in the necessary permits and construction contracts for development, as well as in related restructuring and insolvency work. Chike Obianwu and Godwin Omoaka are the key partners, with Omoaka also leading on litigation related to real estate and construction projects.
Chike Obianwu; Godwin Omoaka
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria,
Total E&P Nigeria Limited
Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited (Project Company)
Rand Merchant Bank
Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), Islamic Development Bank (IDB) and Africa Development Bank (AfDB)
Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector
Jackson, Etti & Edu
Jackson, Etti & Edu advises real estate players ranging from investors, financiers, purchasers, vendors to property development companies on deals such as acquisitions, development, leasing, joint venturing and financing. The Folasade Olusanya-led group, which includes Taiwo Adeshina and Koye Edu, also advises on project due diligence and construction contracts, in addition to corporate and financial transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Taiwo Adeshina; Koye Edu