Ellex advises a wide variety of clients, which range from Silicon Valley and China-based tech giants to local players in the Baltics, such as Bolt and BoredPanda. Practice head Jaunius Gumbis is experienced in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, as well as providing regulatory advice and handling competition work. He is particularly knowledgeable about areas such as gambling, freedom of speech, e-commerce and data protection. Vytautas Mizaras is noted for his work in relation to media and privacy law, as well as his intellectual property expertise. Associate partner Tomas Kamblevicius is also recommended.
TMT in Lithuania
Other key lawyers:
Vytautas Mizaras; Tomas Kamblevicius
‘Highly appreciate the quick and qualified advice/support.’
‘Speed, quality and flexibility.’
‘Ellex is our trusted partner for legal consultancy and support for business contract/public tenders, local legislation and other issues/questions.’
‘Top-level knowledge and understanding of client’s needs and business.’
Baltic Media Holding
BSH Home Appliances
Couche Tard (Circle K)
Johnson & Johnson
Lietuvos krepsinio federacija (Lithuanian Basketball Federation)
Yellow Film & TV
- Advising Biogen on a pan-European supply chain restructuring.
- Advised BOLT, on the launch of its food delivery service called Bolt Food.
- Advised IBM on a handful of multi-million-euro public tenders.
Sorainen has very broad capabilities across the media, IT and telecoms spheres. Its team includes Daivis Švirinas, who advised HBO on its filming of hit series Chernobyl in Lithuania. Managing partner Laimonas Skibarka is a key name in the telecoms market, most recently advising on the roll-out of 5G, as well as on space technology. Stasys Drazdauskas has expertise in commercial issues concerning cloud services, AI and IT business services. Senior associate Jonas Kiauleikis has built up a strong track record in TMT-related corporate transactions.
Laimonas Skibarka; Stasys Drazdauskas; Jonas Kiauleikis
All Media Baltics
Airbnb Ireland UC
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR)
Open Circle Capital
Vilnius International Film Festival Kino pavasaris
Lithuanian Film Centre
- Advised Bitė Group and indirect majority shareholder Providence Equity Partners on €700m refinancing completion
- Advised Airbnb Ireland UC on issues related to pandemic situation and restrictions introduced due to COVID-19 in respect of travel and transport activities in Lithuania
- Defended the interests of NASCAR in disputes over registration of the NASCAR trade mark in the Baltics
Cobalt is well regarded for regulatory and data protection work, with its client roster including household names such as Apple, Huawei and Volkswagen. Žilvinas Kvietkus, who leads the practice, has a particular strength in advising pharmaceutical giants on data protection issues and new technologies. Eglė Bakštytė now works in-house at Tesonet.
Huawei Technologies (Vilnius), UAB
Association of Innovative Pharmaceutical Industry
Johnson & Johnson Poland Sp. z o.o.
Ferrero Polska Sp. Z.o.o
Bayer Schering Pharma AG
Merck Sharp & Dohme
JCDecaux Lietuva UAB
Fleet Complete Lietuva, UAB
Hoegh LNG Klaipėda, UAB
Western Union Processing Lithuania, UAB
Betonika, UAB (Consolis group)
Forum Cinemas, UAB
Elektrum Lietuva, UAB
Finolita Unio, UAB
Fox Networks Group (UK) Limited.
- Advised Apple on data protection enforcement issues.
- Advised Volkswagen on the enrolment of on-demand functions of mobile online services and connected services in VW vehicles.
- Advising Huawei on the Lithuanian regulations related to 5G development.
TGS Baltic is highly experienced in the telecoms market, as was recently illustrated by its advice to Tele 2 on a landmark agreement to share networks across Lithuania and Latvia. IT contracts are another core area of focus; the team advises major tech companies like Microsoft on commercial agreements with public institutions, including those concerning the use of cloud services. In the media sector, the firm counts state broadcaster LRT as a key client. Practice head Mindaugas Civilka is highly skilled in data protection, cybersecurity, commercial contracts and software licensing.
‘TGS Baltic team we have been working with has a very in-depth understanding of how our business works and is able to give quick and straight to the point advice – it is one of the key elements to ensuring our smooth work during the whole process. While we are very satisfied with their ability to accurately assess various legal issues, very important added value comes from their knowledge of other fields, such as IT, information security practices and risk management’
‘Time of response is key in our business and TGS are always available. Partner Mindaugas Civilka is particularly good at performing various legal risk assessments, review of internal processes to ensure compliance with complex GDPR and cybersecurity requirements. The TMT team is very dedicated, committed and eager to provide actual results in premium response time.
‘Mindaugas Civilka is extremely quick, sharp and professional with instant advice.’
‘TGS Baltic team we have been working with was very client-oriented ’
‘They are brilliant lawyers and practitioners capable of taking on large scale projects which are of utmost importance to our company. We are glad to be able to work with such a professional team of legal advisers.’
‘TGS and the partner we are working with are very attentive and have strong ownership. It feels like the person is our internal lawyer who knows what we need and is always happy to help with all legal questions.’
‘We are working with Mindaugas Civilka and he is very professional, helpful and focused. He not only helps us when we ask for help, but also informs us about any changes in legislation and helps us to be compliant with all relevant laws. Very strong ownership and personal skills lead to higher standards and results we are very happy to receive.’
Microsoft Corporation and Microsoft Lietuva
Maxima LT, UAB and Maxima Grupė, UAB
Eurovaistinė, UAB and Euroapotheca, UAB
Lithuanian Radio and Television
- Advised Microsoft on regulatory issues related to provision of commercial cloud services to public sector entities and institutions.
- Advised Lithuanian National Radio and Television on an investigation into allegedly unlawful state aid.
- Assisted Tele2 with its joint venture with Bite.
At AAA Law, work in the TMT sector is a core driver of activity. The team has particular expertise in data privacy issues, e-commerce, digital transformations and software licensing agreements. Group head Justina Nikė is skilled in handling digital media and copyright matters, among other areas.
Grand Hotel Vilnius
CUP More than
I asset management
- Advising I asset management on data privacy issues.
ECOVIS ProventusLaw, which is noted for its sizeable domestic client base, handles a steady stream of work involving telecoms, data protection, IT, software licensing, advertising and media. Practice head Loreta Andziulytė is a certified data protection specialist and is highly active in handling e-commerce and marketing issues. Milda Šlekytė is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very fast reaction, good allocation of resources (assignment of legal team members), expertise in insurance brokers’ issues, keeping up-to-date with our agenda.’
‘Very strong motivation, focus on business, not only legal aspects.’
‘ECOVIS ProventusLaw has a dedicated TMT team. Their team consists of professional, responsive, and responsible specialists. One of their main advantages compared with the other law firms is that they always accomplish their tasks promptly (regardless of any situations), so we can be sure, that we will not have to wait and that we will always make our submissions to the respective authorities on time.’
‘We have got the impression that the lawyers working in this department are experts in our company’s legal matters. ECOVIS ProventusLaw offers business-relevant and practical solutions. They are good at listening to the needs of the clients and helps to identify key goals and objectives. Moreover, they give quick and clear answers to get results quicker.’
‘The law firm is always clear in their communication, they are very responsive and they have a great team of lawyers that have great knowledge and insights about TMT matters. We rely on ECOVIS ProventusLaw services quite heavily.’
‘Loreta Andziulytė is a very business-minded person, who understood our business goals from our very first meeting, therefore the provision of their advice is always useful, their approach is always reasonable and the response time is uncommonly fast.’
UAB Digital Virgo Payment
UAB “CGI Lithuania”
UAB “Guru pay”
UAB “Paytend Europe”
UAB “Silvergate LT”
UAB “Phoenix Payments”
UAB “Harmony Life”
MB “Socialinė reklama”
Lietuvos draudimo brokerių įmonių asociacija
Draudimo brokerių rūmai
UAB “International Payment Union”
AB Lietuvos radijo ir televizijos centras
UAB Sonect Europe
UAB Maneuver LT
Majestic Financial, UAB
UAB “deVere E-Money”
- Advised UAB “Safere” on the possibility of use of different signatures in order to sign documents and agreements in an electronic way. This issue was extremely important because of the necessity to ensure proper customer onboarding processes and compliance of other financial procedures in the financial institutions (e.g., payment institutions, electronic money institutions).
- Assisted MTTC (which is a leader in mobile equipment repair and the largest market player in the Baltic States) with negotiating and concluding a cooperation agreement with very important partner operating in the BENELUX countries.
- Assisted UAB “Harmony Life” with protecting the client’s rights in the field of intellectual property, fair advertising, combating unfair competition, and also assisted the client’s employees in asserting their rights regarding the unlawful use of their images in a competitor’s advertising campaign.
GLIMSTEDT Bernotas & Partners
GLIMSTEDT Bernotas & Partners focuses on data protection, IT contracts and digital marketing services. Leading the practice is Giedrė Rimkūnaitė-Manke, who is notably adept at handling contractual issues, as well as procurement. The team has a strong emphasis on assisting tech startups in Lithuania; Rimkūnaitė-Manke was recently appointed as a member of the Start-Up committee of ITechLaw, which is an international technology law association.
Lithuanian National Olympic Committee and Lithuanian Olympic Fund
Discontract (Virtualioji darbo rinka, UAB)
American International School of Vilnius
Impuls LTU, UAB
- Advised the Lithuanian National Olympic Committee and Lithuanian Olympic Fund on a GDPR-compliance project.
- Advising Discontract on the creation of an online platform, determining business model, GDPR-compliance.
- Advising the American International School of Vilnius on GDPR compliance project.
LEADELL Balciunas ir Grajauskas
LEADELL Balciunas ir Grajauskas has a strong profile in the telecoms sector and it is also very involved in ‘high tech’ areas, such as app development and automation. Gintaras Balčiūnas, who leads the practice, works with senior associates Vaidas Radvila and Gintaras Stankevičius.
Other key lawyers:
Vaidas Radvila; Gintaras Stankevičius
UAB Roche Lietuva
FITEK Lt, UAB
Concern Achemos grupė
UAB Itree Lietuva
Info S, UAB
- Advising Roche on its new mobile application.
- Advising the financial process automation company Fitek on general compliance.
- Advising Achemos grupe on copyright matters.
Triniti Jurex Law Firm
Aurelija Rutkauskaitė heads up Triniti Jurex Law Firm's team, which is highly active in the telecoms and media sectors, and counts Sky and Bite as key clients. Rutkauskaitė assists telecoms sector clients with general compliance issues, as well as contentious matters. Managing partner Vilija Viešūnaitė is active in disputes concerning media rights and commercial agreements. The group also has expertise in the legal implications of artificial intelligence.
Other key lawyers:
Bitė Lietuva, UAB
Droplet Genomics, UA
- Advising BICS on general compliance.
- Advised Huawei on employee issues surrounding Covid 19.
- Advising Bitė Lietuva on a data protection dispute against the state authorities.
WALLESS' team is experienced in the life sciences sector, as well as advising on technology concerning medical and financial services. Laura Ziferman, who leads the team, is an expert in competition and regulatory work. Corporate and commercial partner Dovile Burgiene also has a strong focus the TMT and healthcare sectors.
WINT Law Firm
WINT Law Firm has expertise in contentious and non-contentious matters, most notably in TV and broadcasting. Team head Andrius Iškauskas has been very active in media disputes concerning freedom of speech and copyright. His client base includes national broadcasters, web publishing companies and copyright management companies.
The Radio and Television Commission of Lithuania
Diginet LTU, UAB
Lietuvos nacionalinis radijas ir televizija
Eddy Travels, UAB