Cobalt fields a deep bench of specialists with expertise in disputes involving bankruptcy, procurement and white-collar crime. Shareholder disputes, which are another area of strength, are primarily handled by practice head Rimantas Simaitis. He is supported by bankruptcy specialist Paulius Markovas, procurement expert Deividas Soloveičik and Mindaugas Bliuvas, who focuses on criminal law. Clients of the firm include major companies operating in the banking, transport and energy sectors. The firm is frequently sought out to handle mandates with a pan-Baltic flavour, as is illustrated by its work for Latvian clients such as Riga International Airport and AirBaltic. Marius Inta is also recommended.
Dispute resolution in Lithuania
Other key lawyers:
Paulius Markovas; Deividas Soloveičik; Mindaugas Bliuvas; Marius Inta
‘The service we have received from Cobalt has been outstanding so far. The advice is always promptly received, strategy has been agreed in advance and the different scenarios and potential outcomes clearly explained. The work put in by Cobalt has also been reflected in terms of the court decisions to date’
‘Marius Inta has been assisting from the outset and he has provided clear succinct advice on complex issues. He explains and summarises the legal considerations clearly, especially given that we are not familiar with Lithuanian law. At the same time, he takes on board and incorporates into the strategy the considerations and realities of the different jurisdictions where the company is incorporated or where its assets are based in (United Kingdom, Isle of Man).’
‘Cobalt has representation across the Baltic region giving it a unique corporate footprint for its clients who have interests in that area’
‘Marius Inta is an impressive advocate, excellent legal analysis and reading of case developments. Very dependable and trustworthy.’
‘Excellent specialists in their field, solves all problems quickly and efficiently’
‘There are many litigation experts, however, we have been working with Cobalt for some time now. What makes them exceptional in this field is that even having advised us for many years, they still have many ideas, they brainstorm, they find solutions and their creativity is admiring.’
‘This group is never short of ideas and is not afraid to realise them, also has excellent experience in the dispute resolution field.’
AB Lietuvos geležinkeliai
UAB Merko statyba and Merko Ehitus AS
UAB ATEA Baltic, UAB ATEA, UAB ELSIS
UAB AMIC Lietuva
European energy AS
Air Baltic Corporation A/S
UAB Pramonės energija
B. Stumpp & S. Baier GmbH
- Representing Riga International Airport in a case initiated by one of the biggest air carriers in Lithuania which is currently undergoing bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advised UAB Vilniaus energija (a Veolia Group company) in a dispute against Lithuanian distribution network operator Ignitis, AB regarding discrimination against other CHP plants and state-owned electricity plant.
- Representing Vilniaus energija (a Veolia Group company) in the dispute against Lithuanian distribution network operator Ignitis, AB regarding discrimination against other CHP plants.
Ellex's position as a market-leader was cemented in 2020 with the addition to the team of Valentinas Mikelėnas, who is a former Justice of the Supreme Court of Lithuania. He has a varied caseload, with a notable specialism in shareholder disputes. Newly-promoted partner Giedrė Aukštuolienė has a strong track record in commercial and investment treaty arbitration cases. with particular capabilities in the energy, infrastructure and IT sectors. She co-chairs the team with Ramunas Petravicius, who handles arbitration cases, as well as litigation before the civil and administrative courts (specifically in relation to energy and infrastructure disputes). Vilija Vaitkute Pavan is a key name for arbitration work, particularly in relation to investor-state arbitrations. Egidijus Baranauskas is well-versed in real estate and construction disputes.
Ramūnas Petravičius; Giedrė Aukštuolienė
Other key lawyers:
Valentinas Mikelėnas; Vilija Vaitkutė Pavan; Egidijus Baranauskas
‘Ellex’s team is fully focused on tasks and issues that are raised. Provided insights and strategy is exceptional good and satisfies and exceeds our needs. All services are provided within agreed time frame.’
‘The size of dispute resolution practice and number of partners working in this practice is well suited to handle large cases, when it really matters. ’
Partner Egidijus Baranauskas, as a former Supreme Court judge, can almost always predict the result of the case in court.’
‘Ellex’s dispute resolution team is very competent. They have the best dispute resolution professionals in the market. Recently, one of the main dispute resolution leaders Mr. Valentinas Mikelėnas also joined the team. The team knows the client very well, as well. Team has very talented young colleagues and they are fully able to shift the work with them.’
‘The main strength of dispute resolution team is the competence of its members. Partners Vilija Vaitkutė Pavan, partner Egidijus Baranauskas, partner Ramunas Petravicius are highly-skilled experts in their fields. Ms. Vilija is a process expert, litigator, Mr. Egidijus is the expert of material law, Ramunas Petravicius understands financial aspects very well’
‘The team has great experts in the field. As a client we know that we are getting high-level service.’
‘Ellex’s dispute resolution team is the one I have cooperated with for a long time regarding all major pre-trial and trial disputes. My expectations are usually exceeded. The people I worked with are experienced professionals who share great personal vibe’
‘Vilija Vaitkute Pavan – she stands out as very attentive to details, thinking of very different scenarios and thinking at least several steps ahead. Ramūnas Petravičius – strong at numbers and financial aspects, very creative, very good knowledge about client’s business. Egidijus Baranauskas – very good legal and court practice knowledge, very creative, understanding business well. Rapolas Kasparavicius – very sharp, creative, attentive to details. Jurgis Bartkus – attentive to details, fast learner, very good knowledge of law theory.’
Bertona Holdings Limited
East Capital (Lux) Baltic Fund
Vilnius Cogeneration Power Plant
Ignitis Group (formerly – Lietuvos Energija)
AB Orlen Lietuva
Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania
Kaunas City Municipality
Kaunas City Waste Management Centre
Luminor Bank AB
City Service SE
Amber Grid AB
- Advised the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania on an investor-state arbitration against the Russian Fund for Protection of Investors’ Rights in Foreign States.
- Represented the Ministry of Justice in an investor-state arbitration before the ICSID against a Latvian national Mr Olegs Roscins.
- Represented East Capital (a minority shareholder) in a court dispute against the management of AB Rokiskio suris regarding claims for damages.
Motieka & Audzevicius
Clients highlight Motieka & Audzevicius' strengths in 'complex and cross-border disputes', particularly in relation to 'international commercial and investor-state arbitration'. Rimantas Daujotas recently acted on the first-ever investor-state arbitration in history brought against the Kingdom of Denmark. Ramūnas Audzevičius is active in commercial, regulatory and investment disputes and has acted before the Supreme Court, the European Court of Justice, as well as a number of international arbitration centres. Elsewhere, Jovitas Elzbergas focuses on real estate and construction disputes and is well-versed in administrative cases due to his former role as head of legal at the Vilnius Municipality. Justinas Jarusevičius, who is US-qualified, excels in disputes involving US and Lithuanian parties, and is particularly prominent in shareholder disputes. Albertas Šekštelo and Mantas Juozaitis are also recommended.
Ramūnas Audzevičius; Jovitas Elzbergas; Justinas Jarusevičius; Rimantas Daujotas
Other key lawyers:
Albertas Šekštelo; Mantas Juozaitis
‘High degree of specialisation, well organised and efficient team’
‘Highly specialised, efficient and responsive’
‘We have worked with Motieka & Audzevicius dispute resolution team for a number of years now. I can recommend the team specifically in matters which concern complex and cross-border disputes. The team is strong in international commercial and investor-state arbitration, international and EU law matters. The firm is highly regarded for their strong litigators, who have many years of experience in working against the state and state entities in regulatory disputes. The team is also able to provide good strategic advice. We also enjoy flexibility as concerns billing and fees.’
‘Motieka & Audzevicius dispute resolution team is highly motivated and hard-working. They are always available and always meet tight deadlines in very stressful and complex situations. We have worked closely with Jovitas Elzbergas who is very experienced practitioner in regulatory and construction matters. We also work with Ramūnas Audzevičius who is a great strategist and has strong leadership capabilities. We also work with Rimantas Daujotas who is excellent in international matters and cases involving complex cross-border disputes. Rimantas is one of the best practitioners in international commercial and investor-state arbitration.’
‘Motieka & Audzevicius continues to affirm its reputation as a top litigation law firm in Lithuania ’
‘Prestigious partner Jovitas Elzbergas continues to affirm his reputation as a well-respected figure inthe disputes arena. He handles a wide range of contentious matters and provides an excellent level of service. He also understands our needs and has an in-depth commercial understanding of the sector in which we operate.
Senior associate Valentas Mitrauskas is an outstanding litigator and negotiator who always puts our needs first and can offer understandable and strategic solutions to the most complex questions that we face. He analyzes each case in great depth with strong attention to detail and a high level of efficiency which leads to positive and speedy outcomes.’
‘I have worked with Motieka & Audzevicius dispute resolution team in few complex and high-value cases. All these cases were cross-border and involved different jurisdictions and applicable law. I can highly recommend their dispute resolution team. I would trust them with international arbitration cases and cases which are complex and high-value. They have years of experience and a very strong team, which I believe is currently the strongest in Lithuanian legal market. They have very strong and experienced individuals, who can take on very complex cases.’
Baltic Ground Services, UAB
Gomeltransneft Druzhba, OAO
flyLAL – Lithuanian Airlines, BAB
Vilniaus prekyba, UAB
Garsų pasaulis, UAB
Charter Jets, UAB
Teso LT, UAB
DS Byggeri APS
The Republic of Serbia
Ecoservice Klaipėda, UAB
City Service, SE
Panevėžio keliai, AB
Kauno grūdai, AB
Gintarinė vaistinė, UAB
E Energija, UAB
Natura Furniture, UAB
- Representing Vilniaus prekyba in a damages action.
- Representing Lithuanian TESO in a case against Israeli entity Luminati in the US Federal Court in Eastern District of Texas regarding allegedly violating claimant’s patents.
- Advising Lithuanian investor Donatas Aleksandravičius in the first-ever ICSID investor-state and intra-EU BIT claim against Denmark.
Sorainen is a prominent player in commercial disputes and criminal investigations, as well as public procurement and TMT-related matters. Kęstutis Švirinas is adept in commercial arbitration cases and white-collar crime investigations. Also recommended is Žygimantas Pacevičius, who is noted for his experience of matters with a nexus to the TMT sector, as well as insurance, financial services, management liability and insolvency. Laurynas Lukošiūnas is knowledgeable about public procurement, public-private partnerships and EU financing.
Kęstutis Švirinas; Žygimantas Pacevičius; Laurynas Lukošiūnas
Mart Inn Food
Mr. Mindaugas Marcinkevičius
HeidelbergCement Northern Europe AB
R.M.D. Grains SAL (off-shore)
Algol Chemicals, UAB
Baltijos kredito sprendimai, UAB
BAB bankas Snoras
AIG EUROPE LIMITED
Lietuvos geležinkeliai, AB
Šiaulių plentas and Žemaitijos keliai
- Represented Mart Inn Food in a case regarding the usage of the confidential information.
- Represented HeidelbergCement Northern Europe in a civil case initiated against the management of JSC Gerdukas regarding damages claims.
- Represented Mindaugas Marcinkevičius, a minority shareholder in VP grupė, against claimant Vilniaus prekyba, which is seeking an order for Mindaugas Marcinkevičius to pay approx €81m million for his alleged action to stop the sale of Akropolis shopping centres.
GLIMSTEDT Bernotas & Partners
GLIMSTEDT Bernotas & Partners demonstrates strong capabilities in corporate and commercial disputes under the leadership of practice head Solveiga Palevičienė, who is an expert in comparative contract and tort law. She is experienced in both litigation and arbitration. Jonas Masiokas focuses on insurance and IP cases and has acted in matters before the Supreme Court and district courts.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very efficient team, with the focus on problem solving, always thinking out of the box, which leads to fast and sometimes unexpected solutions.’
Devold of Norway
Saga Furs Oyj
Tamasu Butterfly GmbH
UAB Arctic Fishing
UAB AV Systems
Channel Hotels and Properties Limited (a subsidiary of David Kirch Holdings Limited)
Gabioner Sweden AB
UAB Misionieriu namai
Helle Nielsen Hansted
Arik Air Limited (In receivership)
- Successfully represented Channel Hotels and Properties Limited (a subsidiary of David Kirch Holdings Limited) in an arbitration under the rules of Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration, which rendered the arbitral award ordering payment of over €8.2m of debt to the client and all arbitration costs.
- Assisted UAB Sanitex with defending its rights and interests in a matter against the Serbian Privatization Agency, which unilaterally terminated an agreement with Lithuanian investors, reclaimed the object of privatization without the repayment of the amount invested and sued for an award of the contractual penalty of 25% of the sale amount.
- Successfully represented Arik Air Limited (In receivership) in a case in which the claimant submitted a certificate to a bailiff in Lithuania, issued by a German court on over €2.2m debt with 12% annual interest rate from the debtor’s one Nigerian airline company.
LEADELL Balciunas ir Grajauskas
LEADELL Balciunas ir Grajauskas has a strong track record in public sector disputes and has defended clients in matters against the State of Lithuania, as well as the European Commission. Recent work included cases involving energy sector regulatory issues and public procurement matters. Practice head and managing partner Gintaras Balčiūnas, who has expertise in both litigation and arbitration, has previous experience serving as Minister of Justice.
Other key lawyers:
Vaidas Radvila; Gintaras Stankevičius
‘In our view, it is the best dispute resolution law firm in Lithuania. Our group has worked with all major law firms in Lithuanian, but for more than 7 years we have been using only LEADELL on all important legal issues. ’
‘Vaidas Radvila is an excellent, highly experienced lawyer with an admirable track record. Vaidas Radvila, together with Gintaras Balčiūnas, leads on the most significant cases of LNG and PSO matters in EU courts and institutions, as well as national courts.’
Concern “ACHEMOS GRUPĖ”, Ltd.
JSC “Achema Gas Trade”
“KROVINIŲ TERMINALAS”, Ltd.
JSC “Kruizinių laivų terminalas”
“Fitek LT”, Ltd.
UAB “Roche Lietuva”
AB “Klaipėdos jūrų krovinių kompanija” (KLASCO)
- Advised Roche on a public procurement dispute.
- Advised Achema on a dispute with the government surrounding energy levies.
- Advised Agrochema in several debt settlement cases against farmers who supply grain to the company or buy goods from the company.
At Magnusson, public procurement disputes are a mainstay of the practice. One of the key figures in the team is Marius Endzinas, who advises clients on both litigation and arbitration cases. Also recommended is Evaldas Rapolas, whose workload includes shareholder disputes and cases involving property and land issues, Former managing partner Marius Liatukas left the firm and now practises at HITUS Legal.
Evaldas Rapolas; Marius Endzinas
Other key lawyers:
Eglė Akelė; Dalia Stakvilevičiūtė; Edmundas Daunys
‘The most important thing we get from Magnusson’s dispute resolution team is that when they are evaluating our situations, they are not only coming up with formal legal solutions or proposals, but also think about how our company’
‘The main contact for all our disputes is attorney at law Evaldas Rapolas. He is a very good strategist and also has excellent analytical skills and process planning skills. We had a lot of cases when the legal teams of Magnusson (led by Evaldas) and our company had worked as one. It is a very good and safe feeling when lawyers whom you are outsourcing act (and feel) like a part of the company they are providing services to’
- Represented StalCorp in a public procurement dispute over vague conditions of three parallel tenders for construction of 180 telecoms towers.
- Represented Kapinių priežiūra SĮ, a municipality-owned provider of cemetery supervision and burial services, in a case against the Competition Council regarding legality of an in-house agreement between the client and Kaunas City Municipality.
- Representing Eikos statyba, a construction company, in a complex public procurement dispute regarding results of a tender for construction of the new facility for Vilnius University Faculty of Medicine.
Primus Derling has a diverse offering which covers contractual breaches, employment issues as well as contested procurement tenders. The team is led by Marius Devyžis, who is experienced in the aforementioned areas and has expertise in both litigation and arbitration. He has also carved a particular niche in sports arbitration and has acted in the Court of Arbitration for sport in Geneva. Managing partner Robert Juodka is also known to handle cross-litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Blue Bridge, UAB
Siemens Healthcare Oy
Mr. Jurij Laneckij, founder of Valandinis, UAB
Mr. Jaroslav Neverovič, Former Lithuanian Minister of Energy
Frutas Hortisol S.L
TUiR WARTA S.A.
EMP recycling, UAB
Futbolo klubas Utenis
Verslo angelų fondas, KŪB
Neptūno krepšinio klubas
- Advised Siemens Healthcare Oy on the annulment of decisions rendered by Kaunas University Clinic in a public procurement tender.
- Defended Blue Bridge, UAB, in a court dispute regarding results of strategic public tender for construction of the state cloud service infrastructure.
- Advised Eviko in a cross-border dispute involving the construction of the Estonian National Road Museum.
TGS Baltic demonstrates particularly strong capabilities in disputes connected with the energy sector, as was evidenced when it recently represented the Ministry of Energy in a landmark case against Veolia over alleged corruption and competition issues. Managing partner Vilius Bernatonis, who acted on that particular dispute, is also an expert in insurance and tax matters. The practice is led by Marius Brasiūnas, who is also highly experienced in the energy sector, and has additional strengths handling retail and banking issues. Senior partner Valentinas Mikelėnas joined Ellex.
Other key lawyers:
‘When we started to work with TGS Baltic, we were impressed with how responsive the lawyers were and with the cost-effective solutions they provided. TGS lawyers seemed to be especially experienced in navigating cross-border matters involving parallel proceedings. Also, their advice seemed to be very practical and business-oriented. It seems that lawyers suggest solutions taking into account our business objectives, which are very much appreciated.’
‘In my view, TGS Baltic team represents and meets the highest legal professional standards. It is a pleasure to work with such talented, highly skilled and experienced lawyers. I hold the opinion that TGS Baltic lawyers are able to provide efficient, quick and comprehensive assistance in any legal matters at any time. This is one of the core values in our world today ’
‘TGS Baltic Dispute Resolution practice is leading the field of energy-related disputes.’
‘TGS stands out as a firm with a practical and business-oriented mindset and with a track record of generating successful results.’
AB Klaipėdos nafta
Republic of Lithuania; Vilnius City Municipality, AB Vilniaus šilumos tinklai
BAB Ūkio bankas
Maxima Grupė, UAB, Franmax, UAB
Maxima LT, UAB
AB Lietuvos geležinkeliai
AB ORLEN Lietuva
UAB Philip Morris Baltic
TV Play Baltics AS
Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Lithuania
State Enterprise Klaipėda State Seaport Authority
AB Smiltynės perkėla
Gemmo S.P.A., OU VSLS, and VilniusLux, UAB
DHL Logistics Lithuania
INVL asset management
- Represented the Republic of Lithuania in a case against Veolia in relation to indemnification of damages.
- Advised Maxima Grupė, in an action filed against the former CEOs and members of the board of related companies for indemnification of damages.
- Represented Philip Morris in an unprecedented case against the tobacco authority related to the further marketing and sales activities of IQOS.
WALLESS is noted for its strengths in arbitration cases, where it handles matters at both a domestic and international level. Gediminas Dominas is a reputed name in this space, having helped with drafting the 1996 and 2012 Lithuanian arbitration acts. Also notable is that he is a fellow at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and also a member of the panel of arbitrators of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre. Outside of arbitration work, the team also has a significant litigation practice, particularly in relation to insurance liability (notably directors and officers liability) cases; Simona Drukteinienė , who is the key name for this area of work, and has acted for clients in matters before the Supreme Court and the Supreme Administrative Court.
Other key lawyers:
‘They are highly regarded and have a solid reputation with the judges, arbitrators and in the market generally. Simona Drukteinienė stands out for her deep expertise in the spheres of civil liability, insurance and contractual matters, as well as dispute resolution skills. Gediminas Dominas is not only a respectable arbitrator, but also has previous experience as a transactional lawyer, so his strength is business-oriented solutions for the client.’
Kopparbergs Bryggeri AB
LEONHARD WEISS OÜ
Kaunas City Municipality Administration
Credit Union Amber
Kopenhagen Fur International
UAB tesa tape
Brytanica Holdings, Ltd.
UAB Baltic Fert
Merlin Aviation Ireland Leasing 14 Limited
- Representing Swedish cider producer Kopparbergs Bryggeri in the court case against glass bottles producer over compensation of damages caused by defective bottles.
- Represented Merlin Aviation in a civil dispute raised in bankruptcy proceedings of Lithuanian airline Small Planet Airlines.
- Representing Leonhard Weiss in a civil dispute raised by the contractor over the fine arising out of FIDIC contract.
Averus is a leading name in the market for transport and shipping disputes, and it also has a growing reputation for tax disputes and white-collar crime cases. Regina Derkintyte-Kaupiene, who has a specialism in maritime law, has a strong reputation in arbitration, acting before the Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration and the Riga District Arbitration Court. Raimondas Kivylius is an expert in tax cases and bankruptcy-related disputes, and is notably active in matters with a white-collar crime dimension.
Regina Derkintyte-Kaupiene; Raimondas Kivylius
UAB Danes perlas
UAB VLL Group
UAB Baltijos pervežimai
SIA Marine Underwriting Services
UAB Towmar Baltic
Scania Finans Aktiebolag Lietuvos filialas
UAB Stena Line
UAB Laivų technika
Lithuanian Pilot association
Magnetic MRO AS
Heston Services Ltd,
- Representing UAB Litana and Ko in a complex court dispute over sub-construction works in a newly built 32,000 sq.m. factory ordered by IKEA.
- Representing Neringa Municipality in several judicial cases against the contractor that has been engaged to build a multifunctional Centre in Curonian Spit
- Representing Magnetic MRO AS in claims for recovery for damages caused by unsecure parking following an incident where a party suffered major injuries while falling with a car from multi-storey parking in the business centre EUROPA, Vilnius.
bnt attorneys in CEE
bnt attorneys in CEE has a particular emphasis in matters connected with the logistics, transport and construction sectors. Reflective of its excellent reputation, it counts Lufthansa as one of its key clients. With the firm having offices across Central and Eastern Europe, it is particularly well-placed to undertake cross-border work for clients, with disputes often involving payment issues, cargo damage or contentious contractual aspects. Practice head Mindaugas Navickas is experienced in litigation and arbitration cases, and excels in negotiating out-of-court settlements.
Lufthansa Technik AERO Alzey GmbH
ArrMaz Chemicals SAS
Camion Pro e.V. Deutschland
HAWA Hamburger Waren- und Lebensmittelhandelsgesellschaft mbH
Thinx Trading B.V.
Hanseatic Delifood GmbH
Rolf Hans Metz
Leonhard Constantin Pöhlmann
Baltijos Brasta Group UAB
KRASTA AUTO UAB
Nord Via, UAB
Reifen Hinghaus GmbH
Schmitz Cargobull Baltic UAB
VTG Tanktainer GmbH
- Advising Lufthansa Technik on a claim against a Nigerian debtor.
- Represented VTG Tanktainer as defendant in complex litigation, in which a former business partner brought a claim before a Lithuanian court for remuneration under a large number of carriage of goods orders. .
- Advised Euroelektronika on a litigation case regarding construction works in a commercial business centre against contractor YIT KAUSTA.
Eversheds Saladžius (a member of Eversheds Sutherland), which is the only international law firm based in Lithuania, fields a team that is highly skilled in energy, construction and aviation-related disputes. In addition to being active in the aforementioned areas, managing partner Jonas Saladžius is highly regarded for his expertise in financial services disputes and investigations. Rimtis Puišys, who leads the practice, is experienced in a number of areas, including commercial, employment, IT and IP disputes. Arnoldas Jokūbaitis is also recommended.
Rimtis Puišys; Arnoldas Jokūbaitis
Other key lawyers:
‘Perfect sight of the big picture including the political environment. ’
‘Strong knowledge in our business environment.’
Berlin Chemie Menarini Baltic
Samsung Electronics Baltics
- Representing Klinkmann Lit in a dispute with the Environment protection department of Lithuania over the environment pollution tax.
ECOVIS ProventusLaw fields ‘a significant team with expertise in different fields’. It acts for clients in civil, administrative and criminal cases across a wide range of areas. One of the notable individuals in the group is Kęstutis Kvainauskas, who is skilled in financial services and tax-related disputes, and is experienced in litigation and arbitration. Kvainauskas jointly leads the practice with certified data protection specialist Loreta Andziulytė, whose workload has a strong emphasis on IT and telecoms cases.
Kęstutis Kvainauskas; Loreta Andziulytė
‘Significant team with expertise in different fields’
‘Fast reaction and personal attitude’
‘ECOVIS ProventusLaw has a dedicated dispute resolution team. Their team consists of professional, responsive and responsible specialists. The lawyers in the dispute resolution practice are business-minded and experienced in handling complex disputes. The lawyers from this practice do their best in order to provide clients with the best approach in court proceedings. The partners of the ECOVIS ProventusLaw have been practising in dispute resolution for more than 15 years, therefore, they are able to provide the best strategy concerning how to work on each case and they are always prepared to go the extra mile. In addition, they belong to ECOVIS International, which is advantageous because we need advice not only in Lithuania, but also in other EU member states’
‘I would like to mention a partner of the law firm, Loreta Andziulytė. She has great knowledge and unique capacity to understand our needs and to find the tailored legal solution. Moreover, Loreta is very experienced, pragmatic, great availability, smart. ‘
‘ECOVIS ProventusLaw team always immediately reacts to client problems and and gives answers or suggestions even in most unexpected situations.’
‘To be honest, we were surprised how fast and under control the situation was handled. We feel that we finally found a suitable law firm where its effectiveness and professional knowledge are suitable for us. We feel safe when ECOVIS Proventuslaw is taking care of our disputes. This law firm is different from others because they not only know how to add applicable law but also they understand our problems in practice. Even when we have quite specific situationm ECOVIS knows how it might be solved. So, we are very happy and feeling safe by giving them our problems. We are glad that this law firm is different because of its experience of assisting clients who are involved in disputes with the regulator.’
UADBB “Rizikos cesija”
UAB “Harmony life”
Majestic Financial UAB
NMU (Specialty) Ltd
UAB “Arctic Adventures”
UAB deVere E-money
UAB “CGI Lithuania”
VIA PAYMENTS UAB
UADBB “MAI Baltics”
MB Fronteria Financial advisory services
UAB NIUM EU
Contemporary Art Centre
UAB “Vilniaus apšvietimas”
UAB “Vilniaus parkai”
Capital solutions Ltd.
UAB On 5
AB Lietuvos radijo ir televizijos centras
Lietuvos energija UAB
AB “Lietuvos draudimas”
Lietuvos draudimo brokerių įmonių asociacija
- Represented MTTC in a lawsuit against a security company.
- Represented NMU in a legal dispute between a contractual chain of carriers and insurance companies.
- Represented a group of scientists in a case concerning the right of scientists to receive a state pension corresponding to the length of service of scientists.
Triniti Jurex Law Firm
Triniti Jurex Law Firm is the result of a merger in August 2020 between business law firms TRINITI and Jurex. The amalgamated group includes Jurgita Judickienė, who is highly skilled in employment disputes, with additional experience in competition, procurement and insurance law cases. Also recommended is Kęstutis Žičku, who is notably capable in contentious real estate and construction matters. Elsewhere in the team, Vilija Viešūnaitė is an expert in TMT and IP disputes. Other names to note include commercial arbitrator Linas Sabaliauskas and Vytautas Kalmatavičius, who focuses on real estate and commercial contract issues.
Jurgita Judickienė; Kęstutis Žičkus
Other key lawyers:
Vilija Viešūnaitė; Linas Sabaliauskas; Vytautas Kalmatavičius
‘I worked with Jurgita Judickienė and Kestutis Zickus. I am very satisfied with their work. Jurgita Judickienė is a proven expert in this field with her strategic thinking and huge amount of practice experience. Kestutis Zickus always finds the way how to win and I really appreciate that. ’
‘Triniti Jurex provides effective solutions for avoiding disputes. Through dispute resolution and prevention, the team helps keep legal risks under control so that businesses can grow successfully. Few law firms have such a strong track record in Lithuania.’
‘Professionalism and motivated orientation to the goal.’
‘We are happy to have real professionals as our partners, we can completely trust them, they have a great knowledge of their field and always ready to help us. ’
‘ Triniti Jurex team is truly specialised in business dispute resolution, always taking a very practical, results-oriented approach. They stand out even when compared to first-tier law firms in the country. ’
‘Partner Jurgita Judickienė is not only an expert in the field, but in addition, she is stunningly fast in grasping the changing situation and coming up with solutions right away. Despite proceedings being rather stressful sometimes, Jurgita is always capable of remaining very calm and always comes out as a trustworthy adviser.’
MTZ BELARUS TRAKTOR
Jurby Water Tech
Klaipėdos regiono atliekų tvarkymo centras (KRATC)
Lithuanian Radio and Television Centre
- Represented Klaipėdos regiono atliekų tvarkymo centras (KRATC) in a public procurement dispute at the Supreme Court of Lithuania.
- Represented Metruna in litigation against Swedbank in one of the first-ever disputes in Lithuania for compensation of damages.
- Acted for Envija in the Supreme Court of Lithuania in a landmark case where Envija is claiming damages from its board members and general manager for forming and organizing a cartel.
Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius
Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius, which predominantly represents international clients, has developed an excellent reputation for handling politically-sensitive cases involving threats of security and freedom of the press. In addition, it is also active in insurance, transport and payment recovery disputes. The practice is led by Vytautas Šulija, who has been very active in cases concerning Lithuania–Russia relations. He has acted in two cases involving a Lithuanian company deporting Russian journalists from Lithuania (as well as barring their entry) due to an alleged threat to national security.
‘The law firm is the best in the market when it comes to dealing with aviation matters, including resolving any aviation-related disputes. Also, the firm has a strong team of lawyers working on complex and high-value litigation cases. We have engaged the law firm in dealing with many disputes, including those that were the result of COVID-19 pandemic, and the lawyers proved themselves to be very efficient. They work out a strategy, think through every possible scenario and assess the risks involved. They are great negotiators and strive to achieve the best results for their clients.’
‘The law firm is experienced in advising travel agencies and know the business very well, which clearly makes them stand out from other Lithuanian law firms. The lawyers are experienced, fast to react, very responsive, client-oriented and helpful in stressful situations. They take each dispute with our clients or business partners very seriously and do their best to achieve the best possible outcome.’
‘The law firm advises major Lithuanian airlines, international financiers and wealthy individuals on all business-related matters, including handling any commercial disputes and litigation proceedings. They are very experienced litigators and their quality of work is impeccable. They are particularly good in handling disputes related to aviation due to their extensive experience in this market. The lawyers are professional, very responsive, fast to react, client-oriented and always provides quality services for a reasonable price.’
‘The lawyers are quick to react, provide efficient services, valuable insights and result-orientated legal advice. They are particularly strong in aviation-related matters, very experienced in providing legal advice to the largest aviation holdings in the market. They advise us not only on legal, but also insurance, tax and all other transaction-related issues.’
‘This is a law firm best known for assisting companies doing business in aviation, but they actually serve a wide range of business clients. The lawyers are professional, they always try their utmost to accommodate client needs, they have deep knowledge and a down-to-earth approach. They are very experienced and efficient in negotiating and resolving large commercial disputes and representing clients in court and arbitration proceedings.’
AB “Avia Solutions Group”
AB “AviaAM Leasing”
UAB “BPC Travel”
UAB Kidy Tour
UAB GetJet Airlines
Lampe & Schwartze K.G.
Ms Ashley Kozel
UAB Aerojet Baltic
UAB Tomuvos didmena
All-Russia State Television and Radion Broadcasting Company (VGTR)
HR Protrans OU
Primary Marketing Ltd
UAB Bio Supplies
Mr Aleksandr Kočetkov
GTLK Europe Ltd
VL Aircraft Leasing
Federal State Unitary Enterprise “Rossiya Segodnia” (Russia Today)
TTR Euroworks B.V.
Aldebaran Aviation Limited
Athlone Aviation (Sweden) AB
Go Green Holdings AS
Personal Enterprise “Salka”
AAA Law distinguishes itself in disputes involving public administration, including matters concerning customs, energy, environmental law, waste management and land use. Jonas Sakalauskas, who heads up the team, has expertise in both litigation and arbitration.
Kauno termofikacijos electrine
Vilniaus betono demontavimo technika
Baltijos technikos grupe
- Representing the public servant of the Environmental Protection Department under the Ministry of Environment in a criminal case arising from environmental matters.
- Representing Lytagra in several antidumping duty disputes.
- Advising Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Vilnius in civil dispute against the National Land Service of the Republic of Lithuania regarding not-prolonged lease of state land plots.
FORT is particularly strong in cases involving EU law and regularly acts before the Court of Justice of the European Union. Managing partner Andrius Mamontovas, who leads the practice, has been active in disputes concerning bankruptcy, insurance, tax and competition.
‘Young and easy to communicate with team’
511th association for construction and operation of garages
- Represented a group of 200 investors claiming for compensation in a class action against the State Company Deposit and Investment Insurance.
- Represented the 511th association for construction and operation of garages in an investment dispute against the National Land Service regarding the non-issuance of a permit.
- Represented a private citizen in dispute concerning a decision refusing to reimburse the client for the extremely expensive drugs required in a dispute with the Ministry of Health.
Marger is typically sought out to advise clients on commercial litigation, public law litigation and white-collar crime cases. Its caseload includes matters arising from alleged breaches of commercial and construction contracts, and anti-money laundering regulations, as well as bilateral trade agreement issues. Ramūnas Kontrauskas and Deividas Poška jointly lead the practice.
Ramūnas Kontrauskas; Deividas Poška
UAB “Vilniaus vandenys”
UAB “Kauno tiltai”
Republic of Lithuania
AB “Panevėžio stiklas”
UAB “Staticus” and Staticus group
AB “Šiaulių energija”
UAB “Darnu group”
AB “Šiaulių bankas”
UAB “Vilniaus vystymo kompanija”
UAB “GLASS LT”, glass manufacturer
UAB “Alna Business Solutions”
UAB “Baltic Sign”
UAB “Sirin development”
- Representing Staticus group in a dispute related corporate financial assistance against KG Construction Group.
- Representing the Republic of Lithuania in the high-value investor-state dispute against an Estonian investor.
- Represented the water management company Vilniaus vandenys who received a fine from the Environmental Project Management Agency and the Ministry of Environment.
SPC Legal is increasingly making a name for itself in the dispute resolution arena, particularly in relation to construction and bankruptcy-related cases. Practice head Giedrius Murauskas is experienced in representing clients in both litigation and arbitration proceedings. Recent mandates included disputes over construction and procurement contracts, insolvencies and land ownership issues.
Eurovia Lietuva AB
Imlitex Textile UAB
Caverion Lietuva UAB
Panevezio stiklas AB
ERGO Insurance SE
Medicinos bankas UAB
Orlen Baltics Retail AB
UAB Krasta Auto Vilnius
Active Construction Management UAB
- Represented Avion express UAB in an exclusive civil dispute against Small planet airlines S.p. Z.o.o. regarding payment of brokerage commission fee for finding aircraft rental customers in Cambodia.
- Advised Elecnor S.A on a procurement carried out by AB Amber Grid regarding the implementation of the gas interconnection between Poland and Lithuania.
- Represented Eurovia Lietuva AB and its parent company Eurovia CS. a.s., in a set of civil and criminal cases against Lithuanian Railways.
WINT Law Firm
WINT Law Firm is a new entrant in the Lithuanian market, with most of its disputes team having formerly worked for TGS Baltic. Managing partner Daiva Ušinskaitė-Filonovienė is notably adept at handling bankruptcy cases, with expertise in advising debtors, creditors and former management of Lithuanian banks. She co-heads the practice with Giedrius Danėlius, who demonstrates strong capabilities in white-collar crime cases.
UAB Skinest Baltija
Šiauliai City Municipality
UAB Marijampolės pieno konservai
AB Šiaulių bankas
AS Citadele banka
Lietuvos nacionalinis radijas ir televizija
- Advised Skinest Baltija on disputes involing public procurement contracts.
- Advised Henrikas Karpavičius on high value inheritance disputes.
- Represented Lithuanian National Radio and Television (LRT) in a case regarding freedom of speech where an NGO challenged the TV broadcaster featuring LGBT issues on children’s television.