Firms in the Spotlight Tax
Tax in Lebanon
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm's corporate team frequently advises on the tax elements of M&A, joint ventures, and project developments. The group is also strong in advising on tax planning issues pertaining to wealth management and inheritance tax. Carlos Abou Jaoude and Souraya Machnouk are the names to note.
Ernst & Young
Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractor
Construtora Andrade Gutierrez SA
- Advised VESTAS on the tax aspects of the corporate structures and renewable energy operations in Lebanon.
- Advised on the tax aspects of the implementation by BWSC of its EPC contracts with the Lebanese Government.
Alem & Associates has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious tax issues, with its client list including a number of global companies. The team is led by senior partner Mohamed Y Alem, who focuses on tax advisory issues, and Nader Obeid, who handles disputes and is an expert in civil and commercial litigation. Senior associate Rabih El Chaer, who specialises in public law-related tax issues, is also recommended.
Capital EE SAL
DIV Capital SAL
GVC Corporate Services Limited
- Advised on the tax aspects of the restructuring of Arabnet’s group of companies in the Middle East operating under one company.
- Assisting Vita with the tax aspects behind its acquisition of a Lebanese manufacturing company.
- Advised GVC Corporate Services Limited on whether online gambling provided by a non-resident entity to a resident / in-country individual would be considered an electronically supplied service and, if so, what tax issues arise.
Badri and Salim El Meouchi LLP's work in the tax space primarily involves advising on the tax elements of project development and real estate. The team is led by Chadia El Meouchi and senior associate Carine Farran. Clients include Intel, Audi Saradar Private Bank and Banque Misr Liban.
Banque Misr Liban
Saint-Gobain Middle East
Construction Development Company International
Audi Saradar Private Bank
Projects Development Company
MENA City Lawyers
Obeid Law Firm is sought out by foreign investors to handle strategic tax planning, tax compliance and governance issues. In line with the firm's strengths in the oil and gas sector, the team has advised major clients in the industry on the Lebanese taxation regime, tax structuring and double taxation treaties. Ziad Obeid and counsels Marie Hayek and Claude Comair are the key names.