Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm is a premiere choice for the full array of real estate mandates, major construction projects, and a wealth of matters within the energy space, including oil and gas, electricity and renewable energy schemes. The team heads are Carlos Abou Jaoude and Souraya Machnouk.
Firms in the Spotlight Real estate and construction (including projects)
Real estate and construction (including projects) in Lebanon
Carlos Abou Jaoude; Souraya Machnouk
Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractor A/S (BWSC)
Lebanese Ministry of Energy and Water
Chevron (Al Khalij)
René Mouawad Foundation (RMF)
Construtora Andrade Gutierrez SA
B.B. Energy Group
Laceco Architects & Engineers
Benta Power Tech
Plus Properties Group
FFA Real Estate Sal
- Advised the Lebanese Government represented by the Ministry of Energy on a 300M$ crucial project to address Lebanon’s crippling electricity crisis through a tripartite gas import agreements between Lebanon, Syria and Egypt, where Lebanon will receive 650 million cubic meters of natural gas, involving a highly complex structure and regulatory framework.
- Advised French public agency in consortium with the prominent René Mouawad Foundation (RMF) on the pioneer “Minjara project” in the context of the EU-financed Private Sector Development (PSD) Programme, consisting in establishing a first-of-its-kind platform and legal structure to support the wood processing and furniture sector in Tripoli-Lebanon.
- Advised major energy group Debbas on the US$200M renewal and extension of the DSP Contract with the Lebanese Government.
Benefitting from a pan-GCC presence by way of its Saudi and UAE offices, Alem & Associates represent regional banks, developers, investment funds and underwriters in all real estate and construction matters, with the financing, acquisition and development of commercial, industrial and residential projects among its core areas of instruction. Mohamed Alem and Rola Tabsh are both highly experienced in PPP and energy infrastructure projects.
Mohamed Y. Alem; Rola Tabsh
Badri and Salim El Meouchi LLP maintains a good level of activity in infrastructure PPPs, renewable energy transactions, solar and wind power generation developments across Lebanon, with a steady increase in cross-border instructions across the GCC region. The firm is experienced in all construction law matters, as well as in the sale, lease and acquisition of real estate assets. Samia El Meouchi, Walid Honein, Chadia El Meouchi and Carine Farran are the lead partners.
Chadia El Meouchi; Carine Farran
Banque Misr Liban
Saint-Gobain Middle East
Construction Development Company International
Projects Development Company
Ciment de Sibline
Audi Saradar Private Bank
European Investment Bank (EIB)
Pinsent Masons LLP
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts B.V.
- Continuing to support the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in the expansion and development of Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport.
- Advising the EBRD, as lead Lebanese legal counsel working along an international lead consultant, in the context of an advisory project developing the framework for the establishment of the Okaibe – Khalde expressway.
- Assisting the EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development) as a part of an international consortium in the context of the pre-feasibility study for PPP project for the commercial development of the Kleiat airport that is currently used for military purposes.
BLK Partners is best known for its historic track record advising on major PPP projects in the water and power, transportation, waste-to-energy, healthcare, social infrastructure, and telecoms sectors. ‘Very knowledgeable in PPP projects’ and a ‘consummate professional’, Hadi Melki has a background advising government procuring entities and project sponsors on financing, implementation and procurement of projects throughout Lebanon and the Gulf region.
‘Hadi Melki who is handling the company’s affairs is very good at conveying ideas and clarifying ambiguities.’
‘The team has a great knowledge of the market and clients’ needs.’
‘Hadi Melki is innovative and looking for new areas of law to apply to clients’ needs.’
‘EKP service is comparable to international law firms; it has deep knowledge of Middle Eastern markets and has affordable rates compared to European or US peers.’
‘Hadi Melki and his team are very responsive and very practical and accurate in their legal advice.’
‘Hadi Melki is very knowledgeable about the relevant laws and always calm and insightful even in the most testing of calls.’
‘Well-connected lawyers with deep local experience from advising on strategic matters and clients in the region. Reliable and well-versed local partner to advise on cross-border matters and inbound investments and arrangements.’
‘Hadi Melki is the consummate professional. He is available and responsive, and manages expectations well. He gives calm, measured advice and has excellent attention to detail. He brings his wide experience to each matter and provides pragmatic advice. He is also really easy to deal with, collaborates effectively, shows lots of enthusiasm and feels part of your own team.’
Generic Engineering Technologies
Value Living Group
Jameel Almatrook, Esq
Saudi Fal Company
- Advised Value Living Group in connection with a project to design, finance and build Housing Units in the UK.
- Advised Generic Engineering Technologies and Contracting in connection with the incorporation of a contracting entity in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised an international consortium in connection with the bid, award and implementation of a project with the Government of Lebanon to Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer vehicles inspection stations in Lebanon.
Providing ‘professional and knowledgeable‘ service at ‘a reasonable cost‘, El-Aref International Law Office continues to be sought after by international developers, sponsors and land owners, in infrastructure PPP, IPP, project development, oil and gas and power transactions and privatisations. Aref El-Aref is ‘a fantastic lawyer’ with a strong background in real estate and construction, particularly in agreements for joint bids, EPC and development of energy, industrial and petrochemical facilities.
‘Professional. Knowledgeable. Honest. Understanding. Innovative. Creative’
‘Reasonable cost, hardworking working under stressful conditions, and understands all aspects of the business.’
‘El Aref are very committed to their clients and have a very quick turnaround rate on any documents. The firm is doing a great job with gender diversity, having a near equal balance in the workforce.’
‘Aref El Aref is a fantastic lawyer that pulls no stops to help clients succeed and deliver. He always goes beyond the call of duty when it comes to deadlines and quality of work.’
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries,
TCQ Power Ltd
STX Heavy Industries Ltd
National Real Estate Company
Kuwait Real Estate Company
Faisal Holding, Ltd.
Coral Suites Al-Hamra
Hunter & Hill
Massaleh Real Estate
- Advised Primesouth on the development of 45 MW PV solar power generation plant in Zimbabwe with Zimbabwe Electricity Transmission & Distribution Company (Private) Limited.
- Advised Primesouth on the design, financing, construction, commissioning, testing, ownership, operation and maintenance of an existing open cycle gas turbine power plant named “Daura 1”, located in Baghdad in Iraq.
- Advised B.B. Energy on acquisition of a corporation in Bratislava, Slovakia that owns commercial complexes and a mall named City Gate.
Obeid & Partners is thoroughly experienced in alternative project delivery systems, including BOT contracts, PPP projects and Turnkey design/build. The practice is jointly led by Ziad Obeid and Bryan Dayton, and has recently matters pertaining to contracts, energy projects, as well as regional and global commercial development.
Ziad Obeid: Bryan Dayton