Leading firms in Kosovo
Pallaska & Associates
Pallaska & Associates acts for clients across a range of industries, including banking, energy, mining, telecoms, real estate and infrastructure. The diverse spread of its domestic and international client base reflects the firm's broad full service offering, which incorporates most areas of contentious and non-contentious law, including international arbitration. Recently, the firm has been especially active in the energy and financial services sectors, providing transactional and regulatory advice. The firm is jointly managed by Gazmend Pallaska, who handles administrative, corporate and IP law matters, and Dastid Pallaska, who has strong expertise in banking, M&A and project finance. Adelina Sokoli is noted for her expertise in copyright and media law.
‘Pallaska & Associates is the go to firm for all major and complex legal matters in Kosovo. Indeed, they have a tradition of successfully invoking and testing new laws and arguments in Kosovo and are well known for breaking new ground while doing so. The services are impeccable, both in terms of substance and presentation.’
‘Dastid Pallaska is a western-educated lawyer who works as if he was working in the most sophisticated jurisdiction in western Europe. He takes every matter and case seriously and never gives up. He understands the business of his clients well and tailors solutions that respond to the needs of the business.’
‘They have a good team of well educated lawyers in which each member is specialized in one or a few areas of the law.’
‘The firm has proved to be very effective in terms of legal knowledge and understanding about our business issues, not only by providing detailed and timely responses but also justified legal opinions, thus making us feel comfortable for our decision to appoint them as our external legal advisors.’
International Monetary Fund
Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo
- Advising a major mining company on its acquisition of a local mining company.
- Advising on the sale of a major Kosovan industrial complex.
- Assisting a telecoms company with the takeover of a local cable television network.
Albania-headquartered firm Boga & Associates has a multidisciplinary team working out of its Pristina office. The team handles a mix of contentious and non-contentious legal and tax advice for clients in the banking, financial services, energy, mining, media, real estate and telecoms sectors. As well as transactional and day-to-day corporate advice, its lawyers have a strong grounding in privatisations, finance and construction. Country manager Sokol Elmazaj leads the practice and is highly experienced in major project financing and privatisations in the energy and infrastructure sectors. Senior manager Delvina Nallbani is also noted.
‘A solid generalist law firm with expert knowledge in many areas. Very responsive.’
‘Delvina Nallbani is particularly good and responsive.’
International Maarif Schools of Kosova
- Advised the IFC on a €4m loan to the local microfinance institution, Kreditimi Rural i Kosoves.
- Advised the Limak and Calik Groups, a consortium of two Turkish companies, on the privatisation of the Kosovo Electricity Distribution and Supply Company.
- Assisted the Agence Française de Développement with the ratification in Kosovo of its international legal agreement.
Vokshi & Lata Law Firm is one of two firms to emerge from the split of the formerly ranked, Judex Law Firm. It is led by two of Judex's former co-managing partners: Adem Vokshi and Florin Lata, both of whom enjoy strong reputations in the market. Vokshi is well known for litigation, real estate and family law, while Lata is highly experienced in IP and administrative law. Other key lawyers include Shukri Hoxha for tax matters and Urim Vokshi for corporate advice.
‘The team consists of highly capable individuals with a very diverse coverage of all areas of law. I have been working with them for a while now and I am very impressed by their in depth understanding of complex transactions from different areas of law. The team members are very kind, responsive and solution oriented.’
‘Florin Lata is an outstanding lawyer who has in depth knowledge for several areas he works with. Mr. Lata is very responsive and is always there when you need him. He was ready to meet with us out of working hours and always focused on finding a solution for our cases rather than concentrating on the problem.’
Bank for Business (BPB)
- Advising Samsung, adidas, and Apple, among others on their IP issues and strategy in Kosovo.
- Acting for Bitex in a €2m corporate dispute with Vatani and Mebilis.
- Representing Adriatic Lesaffre – Croatia, in a €300,000 debt recovery claim against several Kosovan companies.
Ibrahimaga, Shita & Associates
Ibrahimaga, Shita & Associates has a full-service practice. The team, which includes founding partner Virtyt Ibrahimaga and Ardi Shita, is regularly instructed by international investors and foreign law firms. It is particularly experienced in major power, renewable and infrastructure projects.
Enright Renewable Energy
Jaha Solar Group
Pristina City Center
ALBI Shopping Mall
Z Mobile (Daradafon L.L.C)
Vita (Abrazen. L.L.C)
- Advised Contour Global on its concession to build the New Kosova 660MW coal thermal plant, the largest energy project in Kosovo’s history, and the subsequent implementation of the project.
- Acting for Israel-based renewables company, Enlight Renewable Energy, on the acquisition and development of three wind farms in northern Kosovo.
KALO & ASSOCIATES
KALO & ASSOCIATES is an Albanian firm with a strong presence on the ground in Pristina. It has a full-service offering and acts for a mix of domestic and international clients. The two lead partners are Ahmet Hasolli, who is experienced in corporate and projects work, and Gazmend Nushi, who is active in dispute resolution matters, as well as real estate, tax and administrative law.