Gianni & Origoni's Turin-based team is 'a benchmark in the Italian insolvency world’. Here, Luca Jeantet is especially sought out, and praised as a ‘highly skilled professional'. He co-heads the group together Moreno Martini, who stands out for his expertise in negotiating and establishing international joint venture projects. Luca Mastromatteo left the firm.
Turin: leading firms in Italy
Luca Jeantet; Moreno Martini
‘First-tier national firm with important offices in some key cities including Turin.’
‘Luca Jeantet is a highly skilled professional and a benchmark in the Italian insolvency world.’
‘Competence, availability, ability to anticipate problems and find solutions.’
‘Luca Jeantet is recognized by the market and is a guarantee for everyone (including counterparties) in matters relating to bankruptcy law.’
IDeA CCR I
Inca Cosmetici S.p.A.
Ingegneria Italia S.p.A. under extraordinary administration
Conbipel S.p.A. under extraordinary administration
Tyre Retail S.p.A.
Cerberus (Santarelli’s bankruptcy)
- Assisting Cerberus in all negotiations and legal actions against SACO (now declared bankrupt) and Fondo Orizzonte for the recovery of the receivables originated by Banca Marche and purchased by Cerberus through the vehicle Lady Moon SPV.
- Assisted Astaldi S.p.A. in structuring and drafting a composition with creditors (“concordato preventivo”) proposal.
- Assisting Martor S.p.A. in the filing of a petition for a composition with creditors under Sect. 161, par. 6, Italian Bankruptcy Law and in the M&A process concerning the acquisition of the whole asset of Martor S.p.A. in Italy and in Poland by a primary Italian investor.
PEDERSOLI STUDIO LEGALE
In Turin, PEDERSOLI STUDIO LEGALE houses a significant number of professionals, who integrate with the firm’s national offices and advise clients on corporate and M&A, commercial issues, capital markets, insolvency and labour law, both in and out of court. Eugenio Barcellona is ‘a terrific professional’ with ‘major corporate governance’ expertise. Alessandra Giovetti stands out for her knowledge of insolvency, corporate crisis and reorganisations proceedings. Jacopo Macchia is another name to note.
Other key lawyers:
Carlo Re; Eugenio Barcellona; Alessandra Giovetti; Jacopo Macchia; Andrea Gandini; Marcello Magro
‘Very professional and knowledgeable team. Business minded and proactive coming up with different ideas and new angles.’
‘Eugenio Barcellona is a terrific professional; very knowledgeable and easy to work with, and able to accommodate transaction specific requirements.’
‘Flexible and complete team with great flexibility.’
‘High-level team for the Turin landscape.’
‘Deep knowledge of company law and market practice.’
‘Ability to listen to customer needs.’
‘Pedersoli Studio Legale stands out for the preparation and competence of all professionals.’
‘Alessandra Giovetti has a consolidated experience in insolvency proceedings. She is very competent in commercial and corporate law in general too. Jacopo Macchia is a competent professional.’
The controlling shareholders of Sportswear
Banca di Asti
Scarpe & Scarpe
Davide-Campari Milano N.V.
- Assisting DiaSorin, an Italian multinational company listed on the FTSE MIB index, in a USD 1.8 billion merger agreement for the acquisition of Luminex, a US-based company.
- Assisting the controlling shareholders of Sportswear in the sale to Moncler of their 70% stake in Sportswear, owner of the Stone Island brand, for a total value of EUR 1.15 billion.
- Assisting EXOR in the investment to acquire a shareholding in Christian Louboutin.
Pirola Pennuto Zei & Associati‘s Turin team stands out for its activity in the tax space The group covers transfer pricing issues, tax ruling procedures, investment programmes and tax analyses.
‘Very collaborative and proactive team. It fully understands the customer’s needs and becomes an active partner in the search for solutions and answers of a fiscal nature.’
‘High preparation, with great availability of staff.’
‘They have the ability to support customers at 360° by acting in a very professional and effective way.’
‘Competent, available, practical.’