Firms in the Spotlight Dispute resolution
Dispute resolution in Italy
Studio Legale De Nova
BonelliErede is widely hailed for its involvement in complex and landmark cases, and is seen as the leading Italian firm for dispute resolution. Its strong track record in high-profile domestic litigation is complemented by its prominence in the international arbitration arena. Vittorio Allavena, who co-leads the team from the firm's Genoa office, focuses on directors’ and shareholders’ liability, abuse of economic dependence and antitrust, among other areas. His Milan-based counterpart Giuseppe Lombardi is an expert in corporate law, bankruptcy and insurance. Laurence Shore has expertise in international arbitration. Monica Iacoviello specialises in banking litigation. Riccardo Bordi assists with disputes concerning environmental law. Barbara Concolino, who made partner in late 2019, is able to 'efficiently manage complex arbitrations'.
Vittorio Allavena; Giuseppe Lombardi; Laurence Shore
Other key lawyers:
Marco Delli Noci; Antonio Crivellaro; Barbara Concolino; Monica Iacoviello; Manuela Malavasi; Paolo Daino; Paolo Di Giovanni; Riccardo Bordi
‘Professionalism, dedication and attention.’
‘The high quality of assistance and the relevant expertise in the management of disputes make the team unique.’
‘Giuseppe Lombardi is an authority in the field and manages even the most complex controversies with the utmost competence, experience and passion, identifying strengths and weaknesses. Marco Delli Noci provides high quality assistance and detailed analysis; great availability and competence.’
‘Technical preparation, competence, availability towards the customer and punctual compliance with the deadlines provided.’
‘Consolidated experience in the field of international arbitration, well known and authoritative in the major international arbitration organizations. The arrival of Laurence Shore improved the practice with respect to arbitrations held in the Anglo-Saxon world. The team is cohesive, ready to understand the reasons and the position of the clients and to interpret their needs.’
‘Perfect mix of expertise and seniority in the teams’
‘BonelliErede has a strong team with a vast and consolidated experience in international arbitration comparable to that of the major international players.’
‘Monica Iacoviello is a great litigator’
Danieli & C. Officine Meccaniche
Jan de Nul
Salini Impregilo (now Webuild)
Mr Roberto Cavalli
Procter & Gamble
Arnoldo Mondadori Editore
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
- Advising A.C.F. Fiorentina S.p.A., Torino F.C. S.p.A. e A.C. Chievo-Verona S.r.l. on action brought against companies belonging to IMG, MP&Silva and B4 Groups for the compensation of damages deriving from anti-competitive practices performed by the Intermediaries in the period 2008-2018.
- Advising Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena on a variety of legal issues related to some civil and criminal proceedings, connected, inter alia, to two multibillionaire structured repo transactions executed by BMPS, respectively with Deutsche Bank AG in 2008 and Nomura International Plc in 2009.
- Advising Banca Popolare di Vicenza on Liquidazione Coatta Amministrativa (compulsory liquidation) in relation to several proceedings concerning the offer that the bank made in relation to its own shares and convertible bonds.
ArbLit – Radicati di Brozolo Sabatini Benedettelli Torsello
Dispute resolution boutique ArbLit – Radicati di Brozolo Sabatini Benedettelli Torsello acts for clients from a wide range of sectors in domestic and international litigation and arbitration cases. Luca Radicati Di Brozolo has a notable focus on investor-state disputes. Michele Sabatini is active in construction and renewable energy disputes. Massimo Benedettelli is a key practitioner in the areas of M&A, joint ventures, intellectual property rights and international investments. Associate Fabio Santacroce has significant expertise in injunctive relief, challenges of arbitrators' decisions and post-award proceedings.
Luca Radicati di Brozolo; Michele Sabatini
Other key lawyers:
Massimo Benedettelli; Marco Torsello; Fabio Santacroce
‘Professional skills in the international arbitration sector. Perfect combination between academics of international level (such as Professor Luca Radicati di Brozolo) and dynamic professionals (such as Michele Sabatini), who have managed to create an excellent group that manages disputes in different languages and parts of the world.’
‘Michele Sabatini follows very complex arbitration disputes. The dedication and attention towards the client are truly remarkable and difficult to replicate in larger firms where direct contact with the partner is increasingly difficult.’
‘Few in Italy know how to cross-examine a witness like Fabio Santacroce.’
‘Great team with extraordinary arbitration experience and outstanding tactical and advocacy ability’
‘Luca Radicati di Brozolo: Exceptional, very smart, practical, very efficient, his work is impressive and very effective. Michele Sabatini: Exceptional, Very smart, practical, focused, very dedicated, very efficient, great cross-examiner.’
‘Extremely rapid reaction capacity and a way of working based on efficiency and synthesis. Michele Sabatini is always available and follows the case from start to finish, also making use of the enormous experience of Luca Radicati di Brozolo, who is consulted and involved in the most complex cases. Younger collaborators such as Fabio Santacroce have grown enormously over the years and manage to independently follow some aspects of complex litigation.’
thyssenkrupp Marine Systems GmbH and thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions AG
IPVIC – International Photovoltaic Investors Club
Telecom Italia S.p.A.
GCF – Generale Costruzioni Ferroviarie
- Representing two companies of German conglomerate thyssenkrupp in a 8-billion ICC arbitration brought against them and other respondents by the Hellenic Republic.
- Successfully assisted Natland Investment Group N.V., Natland Group Limited, G.I.H.G. Limited, and Radiance Energy Holding S.à.r.l. in the setting aside proceedings that the Czech Republic brought before the Swiss Federal Tribunal against the Partial Award (deciding jurisdiction and liability) in PCA Case No. 2013-35.
- Successfully represented a Mexican subsidiary of Tenova Group in a complex ICC arbitration against its Italian subcontractor KT – Kinetics Technology S.p.A., securing a final award worth more than USD 15 Million.
Chiomenti's dispute resolution and arbitration team is sought after by clients in a wide range of domestic and international disputes. The group is experienced in corporate actions concerning directors' liability, companies’ resolutions and post-M&A matters. It also has vast knowledge of product liability and product recall matters. Litigator and arbitrator Silvio Martuccelli, who leads the department, focuses on class actions, corporate, commercial and civil law matters. Andrea Bernava is a partner of longstanding experience, whose key expertise lies in post-M&A and commercial contracts disputes. The firm has global alliances in place to handle cross-border matters.
Other key lawyers:
Andrea Bernava; Luca Ferrari; Stefano Passeri
‘Professionalism and competence.’
‘Luca Ferrari and Stefano Passeri have the ability to listen to customer needs and to advise the client in a concrete and professional way, even in the pre-litigation phase.’
Amissima Assicurazioni S.p.A. / Amissima Vita S.p.A.
Mc Donald’s Italy
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A. and RCS Sport S.p.A.
Cinecittà Studios S.p.A.
Aviva Italia Holding S.p.A.
RAI Radio Televisione Italiana
Gruppo Aliante Partners
Impresa Grassetto S.p.A.
Federative Republic of Brazil
Officine Riva S.p.A.
Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC
Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A.
Vincenzo Zucchi S.p.A.
Alitalia Linee Aeree Italiane S.p.A.
Italian Tennis Federation
Menarini Industrie Farmaceutiche Riunite S.r.l.
- Advising several companies of the group Aviva Italia Holding S.p.A. on many lawsuits pending before the Italian Courts regarding coverage under life insurance policies and alleged breach of informative duties in favour of consumers.
- Advising Toyota Financial Services Italia, BMW Bank and Opel Bank in the class action commenced by consumers’ association Altroconsumo, claiming compensation for damages allegedly arising from a purported cartel in the sector of car financing services sanctioned by the Italian Competition Authority.
- Advising the Federative Republic of Brazil in relation to an alleged agreement for the construction of a high-speed rail.
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP is widely recognised for its strengths in complex cross-border disputes across different sectors, including telecoms, financial services, energy, construction and TMT. Ferdinando Emanuele acts for high-end clients such as Arcelor Mittal, Telecom Italia, SKY Italia, Eni and Internazionale Milano. Carlo Santoro focuses on class actions, antitrust follow-on actions and international arbitration. Roberto Argeri, who was promoted to counsel in January 2020, specialises in media law and is a 'brilliant, impeccable professional'. The department collaborates tightly with the firm's top-ranking competition practice.
Other key lawyers:
Ferdinando Emanuele; Carlo Santoro; Chiara Capalti; Chiara Capalti; Roberto Argeri
‘High competence, seriousness, professionalism, punctuality in deadlines’
‘The firm has a consolidated and recognized expertise in the field of litigation and arbitration. The international network allows to manage the most important disputes with qualified professionals from different countries and different practices.’
‘Ferdinando Emanuele and associate Chiara Capalti are very experienced and endowed with the best skills for the management of complex arbitration disputes.’
‘Excellent knowledge of the sector and strong ability to translate guidelines and guidelines in the specific case. Strong orientation towards a dynamic and evolutionary application of antitrust law also in the light of market evolution’
‘Roberto Argeri is very competent, always proposes measured and careful strategies and confronts his counterpart firms with great dexterity and cordiality.’
‘Roberto Argeri is a brilliant professional, very prepared and attentive. He always proposes solutions that protect the interests of the customer but are at the same time fair.’
‘The team is well-structured and includes professionals with a high standing’
‘Roberto Argeri is an impeccable professional, highly trained and always available for the customer.’
Telecom Italia – TIM
Intesa Sanpaolo (along with Dexia Crediop)
- Assisting the ArcelorMittal group with the termination of the lease of the businesses relating to the Ilva plant.
- Assisting Vivendi with a number of proceedings in Italy, Spain and the Netherlands, including on an urgent basis, in its legal battle against the proposed merger of Mediaset and Mediaset España into the Dutch company MediaForEurope.
- Assisting SKY Italia with one of the most debated cases concerning the effects of the Covid-19 outbreak on long-term agreements, specifically regarding sporting events that were suspended by Italian emergency regulations.
At Clifford Chance, highly regarded litigator Fabio Guastadisegni heads up the dispute resolution department, which distinguishes itself through its combination of civil and criminal law experience. Guastadisegni focuses on insolvency and restructuring projects, as well as banking and finance litigation. Senior associate Andrea Tuninetti Ferrari specialises in corporate, commercial and securities litigation. The team provides the full spectrum of litigation services, with notable strengths in white-collar crime cases; Antonio Golino is a particular name to note in this space.
Other key lawyers:
Carlo Felice Giampaolino; Andrea Tuninetti Ferrari; Antonio Golino
‘Very high professionalism combined with a great practical sense.’
‘Ability to understand customer needs.’
Bank of New York Mellon
Poste Italiane S.p.A.
Société Générale SA
- Advised Astaldi co-venturer IC Ictas on the construction of the Third Bosphorus Bridge in relation to Astaldi’s composition with creditors and successfully helped IC Ictas to obtain the Court of Rome’s authorization to buy Astaldi’s shares in the JV in view of a subsequent sale of the JV to a consortium of investors.
- Advised ING Bank on reaching a plea bargain with the Italian Public Prosecution Office of Milan in an investigation on the Bank for having allegedly facilitated money laundering offences by its clients.
- Advised ATAC S.p.A. on proceedings for the validation of the composition with creditors of ATAC, where the firm defended ATAC against several counterparties opposing the validation as well as regarding the resolution of a dispute with a prominent international bank for the sale of a 30-storey building related to a major Italian scandal.
De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani
De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani has strong dispute resolution expertise, which is accompanied by the firm's wide national and international reach. The firm is particularly known for its ability to work on litigation and arbitration proceedings around the world in connection with investor-state controversies. Michelangelo Cicogna, who heads up the arbitration team, is notably active in international construction disputes. Founding partner Maria Cristina Franchini leads the litigation department. Another name to note is of counsel Giovanni de Berti, who is an expert mediator. Barrister Andrew Paton is admitted to practise in Italy, Australia, England and Wales. He is an expert in technology, transportation and IT matters.
Maria Cristina Franchini; Michelangelo Cicogna; Giovanni De Berti
Other key lawyers:
‘Amazing team led by Michelangelo Cicogna. Deep knowledge of law, available and nice to work with.’
‘Competence, teamwork, balance and multidisciplinary approach.’
‘Michelangelo Cicogna: ethics, professionalism, competence, empathy.’
‘Michelangelo Cicogna has a great deal of experience in international arbitration, both as a former member of the CAM (Corte Arbitrale di Milano), as a lawyer and as an arbitrator.’
‘Professional skills and availability.’
‘Truly incredible team, led by Michelangelo Cicogna’
‘Competence, multidisciplinary, speed’
‘Excellent international disputes practice, a rarity in Italy.’
Arup Italia srl
Culligan italiana spa
Enel servizio elettrico spa
Sace Fct spa
TIA Tirana International Airport SHPK
- Represented Volvo Group Italia Spa in litigation before the Court of Milan for breach of licence and distribution agreement, abuse of dominant position, breach of antitrust law and abuse of right.
- Representing Vix Technology Italia Srl in legal proceedings against ATAC for recovery of receivables for software maintenance services provided, including assisting the client in the proceedings brought by ATAC seeking the approval of a creditors’ arrangement in continuation.
- Assisting Tirana International Airport SHPK in a litigation case vs. CAI Compagnia Aerea Italiana SpA, owner of former Alitalia air carrier, filed with the Court of First Instance in Civitavecchia to assess debts accrued before Alitalia went bankrupt in 2008 and obtain condemnation to payment.
DLA Piper's litigation and regulatory department assists clients with all types of litigation proceedings, with notable expertise in the retail and real estate sectors. It also benefits from matters originating in the firm's corporate department, frequently acting for clients in the manufacturing and food industries. Practice head Stefano Modenesi is recognised for his ability in commercial litigation and arbitration. In addition to managing his own caseload for clients, Niccolò Abriani also sits as an arbitrator. Davide Rossetti is experienced in the management of complex domestic and cross-border disputes, with a focus on the consumer goods and retail sectors.
Other key lawyers:
Niccolò Abriani; Davide Rossetti
‘Widespread, national and international reach.’
‘High-level professionals with great availability and attention to the customer. The ability to work in a team satisfies every need in Italy and abroad.’
‘Davide Rossetti is always available to support the needs that arise even in the face of business requests’
‘Broad spectrum of skills with top-level teams in various practices’
‘Davide Rossetti is always extremely helpful, prepared and ready to support the business dynamics in the management of often thorny events.’
Prelios Credit Servicing S.p.A
IPER Group (GDO)
- Assisting AMCO – Asset Management Company S.p.A.with two proceedings started by, respectively, Società Agricola Ferrarini S.p.A. and certain members of the Ferrarini family.
- Assisted Alkemia SGR S.p.A. before the Court of Milan with the proceedings started by certain shareholders of Maccorp S.p.A., a leading company in the Italian currency exchange sector, participated by the Fund. The Shareholders claimed that the Fund, as well as other holders of financial instruments issued by Maccorp, were not entitled to convert the FI into shares of Maccorp.
- Assisting Prelios Credit Servicing S.p.A. with several proceedings against Partecipazioni Immobiliari S.r.l. and the Italian and French companies which had mortgaged their real estate properties to secure the receivables.
Gianni & Origoni
Gianni & Origoni has strong expertise in representing leading companies in significant litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings. The team provides assistance in all types of disputes, including those connected with banking and finance, M&A, IP, real estate, employment and administrative law. GianBattista Origoni, who has experience of joint ventures and construction, co-heads the department with bankruptcy law specialist Antonio Auricchio. Paolo Gnignati focuses on restructuring cases.
Gian Battista Origoni; Antonio Auricchio; Paolo Gnignati
Other key lawyers:
Alberto Nanni; Marcello Migliaccio
‘Preparation, flexibility, availability and quality of professionals’
‘Antonio Auricchio: problem solving and customer support skills’
‘Great availability of professionals, ability to immediately understand the problem and to suggest viable solutions.’
‘Alberto Nanni and Marcello Migliaccio are able to initiate, manage and consolidate strong professional relationships.’
Wind Tre S.p.A.
Telecom Italia S.p.A.
EDF Électricité de France
CDP Immobiliare S.r.l.
Generali Italia S.p.A.
Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
Veneto Banca in liquidazione coatta
Finanziaria Internazionale S.p.A.
Allanza Assicurazioni S.p.A.
- Assisting Sorin S.p.a., now LivaNova PLC, as the Ministry of Environment, the Italian Government and other public entities filed before the Court of Milan to oppose an allegedly damaging integration with US listed company Cyberonics and by the merger of Sorin into UK-based LivaNova. Value: Over €4 billion
- Representing the liquidator of Veneto Banca, Finanziaria Internazionale S.p.A. and Mr Gianfranco Zoppas in the dispute arising from the resolution for a capital increase by Ferak SpA, passed on January 30, 2018.
- Assisted Mediocredito Italiano (now merged with Intesa Sanpaolo) in a controversy filed by the Swiss company Group Condotte SA, which complained to have suffered damages as a result of alleged violations committed granting a mortgage loan contract of €18 million in pool with other banks.
At Legance - Avvocati Associati, the sizeable team has expertise in disputes involving banking and finance, commercial law, energy law, insolvency and white-collar crime. In addition to handling court litigation, the group represents clients in arbitration proceedings. Practice heads Stefano Parlatore and Daniele Geronzi are involved in high-profile procedural and civil law financial disputes. Cecilia Carrara focuses on representing inbound investors in Italy and is notably active in post-M&A and commercial contracts cases. Daria Pastore excels in contentious matters concerning distribution, unfair competition, product liability, trade mark and patent infringement litigation.
Stefano Parlatore; Daniele Geronzi
Other key lawyers:
Marialuisa Garavelli; Francesca Valeriani; Cecilia Carrara; Daria Pastore
‘Daniele Geronzi is a serious, competent, reliable professional with great negotiation and relationship skills. One of the best professionals in the industry.’
‘The team has outstanding legal skills and an innovative commercial approach with deep understanding of the client.’
‘Effectiveness in managing complex disputes. Stefano Parlatore shows first-hand and in-depth knowledge of each file, as well as an uncommon ability to coordinate his team.’
‘Available and very prepared professionals. Daniele Geronzi stands out for the speed with which he is able to provide solutions to even complex issues and for the quality of the assistance provided. He is always present on individual cases and is able to provide the client with real support, with a concrete and business-oriented approach aimed at solving problems.’
‘Proven experience and a high level of specialization which enables the team to provide excellent quality assistance. The response rate to the requested consultancy, including pre-litigation, is very fast and always precise and advice is in-depth even in relation to legal issues of high complexity.’
‘Stefano Parlatore stands out for his ability to synthesize and analyse highly complex issues and problems as well as for his proactive approach and ease of communication. Marialuisa Garavelli has marked preparation and ability to select the legal issues to be addressed as well as for the ability to consider all the potential aspects of a dispute. Francesca Valeriani shows efficiency and timeliness in response to customer needs and the ability to navigate extremely complex legal issues.’
‘Daria Pastore is competent and pragmatic, able to immerse herself in the reality of the company she assists, strenuously and effectively defending the interests of her client.’
‘Daniele Geronzi is a unique professional, even if compared to colleagues of equal seniority from other leading law firms. His presence on the projects is constant and concrete, not occasional, not delegated mostly to junior staff, but in constant accompaniment both to his collaborators and to his customers. Human sensitivity combined with empathy and excellent technical skills.’
2i Rete Gas
2i rete Gas Impianti
Aveleos S.A. (RENOVA GROUP)
Banca Popolare di Milano S.p.A.
Bank of China
British American Tobacco
Carnival Cruise Line
Energreen Investment SARL
Facebook Ireland Limited
Gruppo Poste Italiane
Henkel Italia S.r.l.
Impresa Pizzarotti & C. S.p.A.
Intesa SanPaolo/Banca IMI
Mercedes Benz Italia
MPS – Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A.
Parma Calcio 1913 S.r.l.
Republic of Kazakhstan
Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
Twenty Century Fox
Iliad Italia S.p.A.
- Assisting Société Générale SA Italian branch, UniCredit S.p.A., Banco BPM S.p.A. and Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A., as part of a legal proceeding pending before the Court of Milan, brought by the extraordinary administration of Lucchini S.p.A., an Italian company operating in the steel sector against 12 banks.
- Assisting Vianini Lavori S.p.A. with a number of disputes that have arisen from the termination of a public procurement contract for the construction of two important road tunnels in Sweden that the client was awarded in 2016 along with another Italian leading construction company
- Assisting Barclay Bank PLC in relation to a legal action brought by Fondazione against its former management and several banks, with regard to alleged damages suffered as a consequence of an alleged violation of the 20% debt/capital ratio provided by Fondazione’s by-laws, due to the conclusion of a loan agreement, aiming at financing a capital increase of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena.
Nctm Studio Legale has a widely recognised litigation and arbitration practice. Alberto Toffoletto, who leads the department, is renowned for his capacity as an arbitrator and for litigating high-profile financial and commercial disputes for prominent clients. His team is also known for representing the Council of the European Union in significant cases before the EU courts in Luxembourg and is praised for its ‘exceptional acumen’. Angelo Anglani is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Angelo Anglani; Martino Andreoni
‘Competence in civil and commercial law, also from an international point of view.’
‘Professionalism, relationship skills, experience’
‘The firm has the ability to form a dedicated team with knowledge of many industries, of the regulatory aspect and with exceptional acumen for litigation, especially from a pre-litigation perspective.’
‘The professionals who form the work team demonstrate knowledge of the reference industries, well-managed integration with the subject-matter experts and exceptional acumen in litigation.’
‘Availability and competence. Ability to work in a team with the customer.’
DeAgostini (former DeA Partecipazioni) S.p.A.
Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie A
Sanrio Company Ltd and Sanrio GmbH (Hello Kitty brand owners)
Cooperativa Muratori & Cementisti-C.M.C. di Ravenna Società Cooperativa
Hypo Alpe-Adria Bank S.p.A.
Ceva Logistics Italia S.r.l.
- Representing Falck S.p.A. in a civil action raised by Milanosesto S.p.A., current owner of the lands where Falck carried on its business activity for nearly a century, before the Court of Milan now joined. Milanosesto is carrying on a construction project and is now claiming that Falck pays all the costs incurred for reclamation of the area at issue.
- Assisting Telecom Italia S.p.A., the main and largest telecom in Italy, with a follow-on antitrust damages action brought by Vodafone. Telecom Italia and Vodafone are the two biggest players in the Italian telecoms’ markets. The amount of claimed damages and the importance of the matter make of this dispute the largest and most important follow-on antitrust damages litigation in Italy.
- Assisting Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie A (the association of the football team playing the Italian Premier League, the “Serie A”) claim against those entities which allegedly entered into an unlawful agreement to influence the auction for the sale of audio-visual rights related to Italian Serie A and other football championships.
Pedersoli Studio Legale
Pedersoli Studio Legale demonstrates strong capabilities in litigation and arbitration. The team's main expertise covers matters ranging from banking, corporate and real estate litigation to international arbitration in the food, luxury and telecom sectors. Practice heads Carlo Pedersoli and Andrea Magliani focus on disputes arising from M&A transactions and bankruptcy cases respectively. Senior associate Federico Bracalente is a key member of the white-collar defence and investigations department. In late 2019, Manuela Grassi joined the firm from Ichino Brugnatelli e Associati.
Carlo Pedersoli; Andrea Magliani
Other key lawyers:
Federico Bracalente; Manuela Grassi; Valentina Canepa; Enrico Maria Mancuso
‘Ability to approach the problem with intelligence and anticipating the counterparts.’
‘Intelligence, effectiveness of actions, creativity of suggested solutions, strong result orientation. Manuela Grassi is recommended.’
‘Professionalism and competence, timeliness.’
‘Carlo Pedersoli, Valentina Canepa and Enrico Maria Mancuso: maximum availability and competence.’
‘Strong interaction between the skills of the members of the team’
‘High professionalism of all team members, absolute dedication to the customer’
‘Excellent quality of both partners and collaborators. Team of absolute excellence.’
‘The care and precision of each single document make the service of the first level.’
- Assistance to the former chairman of Carige, Mr. Cesare Castelbarco Albani, in the liability action brought against him by Carige bank, as well as against the former CEO, Mr. Piero Luigi Montani, the American fund Apollo and the insurance group Amissima.
- Representing Intesa Sanpaolo in proceedings relating to derivative contracts.
- Assistance to Intesa Sanpaolo, as plaintiff, in arbitration proceedings concerning Interest Rate Swap contracts stipulated with the bank by a real estate company to hedge the risk of increasing the floating rate of a leasing contract.
Allen & Overy - Studio Legale Associato
Allen & Overy - Studio Legale Associato's team is adept in domestic litigation, as well as cross-border disputes. Team head Massimo Greco has in-depth knowledge of numerous sectors, with particular strengths in banking and finance. Counsel Amilcare Sada is appreciated for his expertise in restructuring, insolvency, criminal and regulatory law. The department includes a team of highly appreciated associates, including Martina Rossi.
Other key lawyers:
Amilcare Sada; Stefano Chierici; Martina Rossi; Matteo Fanton; Raffaello Fabbri
‘Amilcare Sada has very good technical knowledge, always has an eye for the commercial side.’
‘High level of service. The team is able to reach into the heart of any problem quickly and then to deal with it in the most effective and efficient manner. Their analyses are always useful.’
‘Amilcare Sada and Stefano Chierici are an absolute pleasure to work with. The quality of their work is always of the highest standard, and they are also punctual in their delivery and accurate in the advice they provide. They are helpful, accurate in the advice they provide, have a solid understanding of the area of law and are able to deliver commercially-relevant advice under time pressure. In addition to be approachable and generally friendly, they always go the extra mile in explaining concepts and making sure the clients are satisfied with their work.’
‘Amilcare Sada operates consistently in the capacity of a partner. Very well versed in his field. He provides confidence that he understands the underlying issues and case law and provides value with suggestions on strategy. ’
‘The team is very user-friendly, good at explaining complex issues, responsive and diligent as well as having a careful eye on strategy at all times.’
‘The team members are incredibly reliable and trustworthy. They are particularly responsive, and good value for money compared to other firms.’
‘Martina Rossi is highly reliable, responsive and excellent at keeping the client informed at all stages of the matters she has assisted with and provides commercial advice.’
‘Matteo Fanton communicates complex updates in an easily understandable format and is a hard-working and committed member of the team.’
- Advising a major international bank, as defendant, on significant civil, criminal and regulatory litigation in Italy and England arising from a series of complex, high-value transactions with a well-known Italian bank.
- Advising a major international bank on interim proceedings brought by an Italian real estate company regarding the alleged misappropriation of shares.
- Advising a major international bank, as defendant, on a €350m liability claim in connection with the extraordinary administration of one of Italy’s leading industrial and manufacturing companies.
Bird & Bird's wide-ranging practice covers disputes spanning areas such as aviation, banking and finance, competition and energy, among many others, Team head Giovanni Galimberti is particularly active in IP disputes and he represents domestic and international clients in pan-European litigation. Another name to note is Raimondo Maggiore, who has considerable experience of assisting financial operators and individuals with proceedings before national courts and regulatory bodies.
Other key lawyers:
Arturo Leone; Simone Cadeddu; Raimondo Maggiore
Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano-Reggiano
Consorzio di Tutela della Denominazione di Origine Controllata Prosecco
La Termoplastic FBM
ThyssenKrupp Elevators Italia
- Day-to-day assistance to the Consorzio di Tutela della Denominazione di Origine Controllata Prosecco to contest the violation of the PDO Prosecco by companies from all over the world.
- Obtained a historic decision by the Italian Constitutional Court on market abuse regime while representing a manager of an important Italian listed company.
- Advised Telecom Italia on several IP litigations including advertising and trademark as well as on complex competition law and regulatory/administrative cases.
Carnelutti Studio Legale Associato
Carnelutti Studio Legale Associato's litigation department has a special focus on commercial and corporate litigation, while also covering disputes in public law and real estate matters. Margherita Barié, who co-heads the department with Salvatore Nolasco, is an expert in industrial engineering, pharma and IP issues. Nolasco litigates banking and financial intermediary cases.
Margherita Barié; Salvatore Nolasco
‘Attention to the client’s business in evaluating the best solutions and strategies (both in the management of litigation and in consultancy).’
‘In-depth knowledge of the client’s organization, dynamic approach, availability.’
‘Responsiveness, efficiency. Very good at responding to queries in a fast and efficient manner.’
Bormioli Luigi S.p.A. and Bormioli Rocco S.p.A.
Bristow Group Inc.
BTV S.p.A. (Battistolli Group)
Chero Piping S.p.A.
Columbia Sportswear Italy S.r.l.
Do&Co Italy S.r.l.
Dreamcos International S.r.l.
Kem One S.A.
Mazda Motor Europe GmbH
Metro Italia Cash & Carry S.p.A.
Nestlé Italiana S.p.A.
NT Majocchi S.r.l.
Ralph Lauren Fashion Europe
The European Investment Fund
Vodafone Italia S.p.A.
- Representing Versalis S.p.A. in four in-court proceedings against four bankruptcies for compensation of damages triggered by the purchase of a bioethanol production plant.
- Representing Kem One S.A. in litigation concerning the activation of a commercial letter of patronage issued by the parent company of GDS S.r.l., an Italian company, which formerly manufactured and supplied vinyl materials and is now a pre-bankruptcy procedure.
- Represented NT Majocchi S.r.l., a manufacturer of technical fabrics for the fashion and military defence industries, controlled by the Chinese industrial group Jihua Group Corporation Limited, in a lawsuit pending before the Katowice Court of Appeal with reference to the Bankruptcy of Summit S.A.
Dentons excels in disputes arising from the banking and finance sector. In addition, its team also demonstrates a high level of expertise in white-collar crime cases; the firm's offering in this space was strengthened in 2020 when Pasquale Annicchiarico joined the firm from Studio Legale Annicchiarico to lead the white-collar practice. Sara Biglieri is the head of the litigation and arbitration practice in Italy, as well as the Europe litigation group. She assists large multinational groups with litigation, arbitration and compliance issues. Stefano Belleggia, who joined in November 2020 from Gianni & Origoni, focuses on litigation related to banking, financial and insurance law.
Other key lawyers:
Luca De Benedetto; Pasquale Annachiarico; Matteo Vizzardi; Roberto Lipari; Davide Traina
‘Matteo Vizzardi is a very competent and brilliant lawyer.’
‘Among the professionals of the firm, Davide Traina stands out for his many years of experience in the field of real estate litigation and arbitration. He is a reliable professional, punctual and has excellent communication skills.’
‘Sara Biglieri is recommended for her professional skills and her activity for the respect of diversity.’
‘The dispute resolution department headed by Sara Biglieri is undoubtedly an important presence in the legal market. It is a cohesive team, able to work on the most varied issues and certainly well-placed in the international context.’
‘The main strength of Dentons’ litigation team is the ability to offer excellent assistance in all areas of litigation (corporate, commercial, real estate, investigations & criminal, product liability). The team has experienced exponential growth in recent years (with the entry of new partners and collaborators) which has made it possible to meet the needs of customers in all the main areas of litigation. Responsiveness, availability and excellent knowledge of the various industrial sectors in which customers operate are further strengths of the team.’
‘Luca De Benedetto stands out for his extraordinary competence.’
‘Sara Biglieri is excellent. She promptly responds to all inquiries and keeps us well-apprised of the developments in our cases. More importantly, she provides wise counsel, is very knowledgeable on the substance of the law, and has excellent judgment.’
‘Sara Biglieri is an impressive litigator and a caring professional. She always stands out, with a combination of characteristics that makes her fit to deal with complex situations, mixing a strong and proactive approach when the situation requires to be strategically analysed and managed, with a gentle attitude applied when the situation gets difficult to deal with. It is a pleasure to work with her, and we always take advantage of her knowledge and expertise. Luca De Benedetto stands out for his legal expertise. He is an extremely good lawyer.’
Astana Property Management
Johnson & Johnson
Petroleos de Venezuela
Qinhuangdao Tianye Tolian Heavy Industry
Supermarkets Italiani S.p.A.
- Representing Eni in civil proceedings before the Court of Terni, brought by the company in July 2019 against a lawyer.
- Assisting Poste Vita and Poste Assicura with various litigation cases in connection to life insurance claims.
- Assisting Sinobec Trading with two arbitration proceedings brought against two Italian customers defaulting on their contractual obligations.
FIVELEX Studio Legale provides a whole spectrum of litigation and arbitration services to clients. Its team has particular expertise in complex individual and collective damages actions against supervised entities and national companies. Team head Alfredo Craca is experienced in contractual, corporate, commercial, banking and bankruptcy litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Claudio Tatozzi; Vittorio Pisapia
‘Preparation, availability and initiative in updating the clients on jurisprudential and regulatory news with timely comments.’
‘Vittorio Pisapia demonstrates availability, depth and scruple in the analysis of the cases and openness’
Intesa San Paolo S.p.A.
Banco BPM S.p.A.
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A.
Banca Carige S.p.A.
Banca Profilo S.p.A.
Banco di Sardegna S.p.A.
AC Milan S.p.A.
Elliott Advisors UK Limited
Generali Italia S.p.A.
Alleanza Assicurazioni S.p.A.
Tamburi Investment Partner S.p.A.
Kairos Investment Management S.p.A.
Blue Skye Financial Partners S.à r.l.
Candy Hoover Group
FD Holding S.p.A.
- Defended Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. against the alleged invalidity of a real estate sale (amounting to €6m) and a related mortgage inscribed in favour of the Intesa San Paolo S.p.A.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Greenberg Traurig Santa Maria is particularly strong in national and international arbitration cases. Litigation is another key area of strength, with the team drawing upon the expertise of practitioners in other disciplines and from across the firm's global network. Alberto Santa Maria is renowned for his experience representing high-profile clients and institutions before Italian and European courts in proceedings concerning competition, state aid and international trade law. Practice head Edoardo Gambaro has extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical, automotive and IT industries.
Alberto Santa Maria; Edoardo Gambaro
Other key lawyers:
‘Ability to take care of the negotiation strategy and manage the negotiation, combined with the in-depth preparation of the subject.’
‘Ability to relate to the client by dedicating the necessary time to investigate the matter, the competence and the legal study of the case.’
Cisco Systems Inc.
Hotel Villa d’Este
- Representing ENI – Italy’s biggest energy company – in a dispute before the Court of First Instance of Potenza (Region of Basilicata) brought by 80 plaintiffs, involving the largest on-shore oil field in Western Europe.
- Representing Bracco during environmental proceedings against Montecatini and Enichem (now Syndial) for the refund of the costs of the reclaim held on the lands purchased from Montecatini and Enichem.
- Representing Federalberghi, the Italian most representative official organization of hotels, in litigation concerning the application of certain tax rules to online operators and their compatibility with EU internal market rules and competition law
Hogan Lovells International LLP offers litigation advice and representation to clients in all main industry sectors, nationally and internationally. The team is particularly strong in post-M&A disputes, product safety and compliance, class actions, white-collar crime cases, and international and domestic arbitration. Francesca Rolla has specialist expertise in investigations and matters relating to product liability and fraud. Christian Di Mauro focuses on disputes in the health and life sciences sector. Andrea Atteritano, who was promoted to partner in January 2020, is the key figure for corporate litigation and arbitration matters.
Christian Di Mauro
Other key lawyers:
Alessandro Borrello; Andrea Atteritano; Francesca Rolla
‘Relationship with the customer of extreme trust and sincerity’
‘Professionals who put the customer and the relationship first and over fees.’
‘Well known capability of dealing with high profile international cases. The firm offers highly professional legal experts, which can assist any type of client, including important institutional ones, through a range of different legal issues, both at a national and international level. The firm is very attentive to their clients needs and requests, including special billing procedures and offers a number of support services such as English translations of legal documents. ’
‘Francesca Rolla works very diligently and professionally. Her vast knowledge and experience in international law have proved to be an important asset for the case and her response to queries has always been fast and exhaustive. She is very efficient in explaining the process, associated legalities, the risks and possible outcomes. The excellent command of English language has allowed a direct interaction with the client on all aspects of the case.’
‘Alessandro Borrello is very competent, well versed and professional and supports the client in an active and efficient way. ’
‘Timeliness of service and perfect knowledge of the dynamics of global customers and complex industrial sectors’
LivaNova Deutschland GmbH and Sorin Group Italia S.r.l.
Hansard Europe DAC
British American Tobacco
Terna Rete Elettrica Nazionale
AnaCap Financial Partners
New York University
Lloyds Banking Group
Johnson Electric International
Glux Visual Effects Tech
Honeywell Safety Products and Honeywell Italia
- Representing New York University in litigation over ownership of an estate in Italy, over $800m worth, bequeathed to our client.
- Successful assistance to a client in relation to a quite complex commercial dispute against a major Polish State owned customer.
- Successfully assisted Birra Peroni with high-stakes litigation against its former main distributor, for alleged abuse of economic dependence and unfair competition and for compensation of damages for more than €100 million.
LCA Studio Legale's litigation, arbitration and ADR department stands out for its wide-ranging caseload and its international activity. Its work spans a plethora of sectors, including gambling, real estate, chemicals and logistics. Described as 'first class' and 'a very tough negotiator', Luciano Castelli co-heads the practice with Gian Paolo Coppola (who is knowledgeable about auditors’ liability, unfair competition and international contracts) and Salvatore Sanzo.
Luciano Castelli; Gian Paolo Coppola; Salvatore Sanzo
Other key lawyers:
Claudia Bosco; Dario Covucci
‘Proactivity and quick response rate’
‘Luciano Castelli has excellent knowledge of the customers’ situation and is completely aligned with them.’
‘Professionalism, skills and specialization in agri-food law’
‘Luciano Castelli is able to combine excellent legal knowledge with an understanding of the business world and its needs’
‘LCA Legal Studio is a highly efficient law firm, which focuses on the needs of its clients and on anticipating the problems that may arise to provide fast and effective solutions.’
‘Great ability to work under time pressure. The department always provides complex and comprehensive update on the status of the proceedings. The team works quickly and effectively and is available whenever needed. It correctly identifies the risks resulting from the undertaken process activities and formulate appropriate recommendations.’
‘Gian Paolo Coppola and Claudia Bosco provide comprehensive analysis of the counterarguments presented by the opposite party and discuss the position presented in their pleadings in detail. They explain quickly and sufficiently the issues that require clarification. They always present various alternative solutions, presenting advantages and disadvantages for each of them and appropriate suggestions. ’
‘The LCA studio stands out for its meticulous attention to detail.’
Casino de La Vallèe S.p.A.
Solvay Specialty Polymers Italy S.p.A.
General Directorate for National Roads and Highways of Poland
Audemars Piguet Italia spa
Savings shareholders of Edison S.p.A.
- Assisting Milanosesto S.p.A. with a legal action against Falck S.p.A. to recover costs and damages borne in connection with the remediation activities of an area purchased from the latter, which is claimed to be the historical polluter responsible for its contamination.
- Representing the General Directorate for National Roads and Highways of Poland (the public entity administering national roads and motorways in Poland) in four litigation proceedings against the Italian companies SaliniImpregilo and Impresa Pizzarotti, following the awarding by the client of the design and construction of several sections of motorways to several foreign contractors and the ensuing of some disputes in relation to the works undertaken.
- Representing the owners of Edison’s savings shares, challenging the validity of Edison’s financial statements before the Court of Milan, as the Board of Directors failed to disclose EDF’s influence on the company under the rules governing “Direction and coordination activity” of subsidiaries (EDF is the French public company that indirectly holds about 98% of Edison’s shares).
MONDINI BONORA GINEVRA Studio Legale has a high level of expertise in the fields of corporate, finance and intellectual property litigation. The team's litigators are supported by criminal lawyers and arbitrators, whose services contribute towards a multidisciplinary practice. Paolo Flavio Mondini is known for representing finance operators and banks (including new client Banca Popolare di Sondrio) in significant cases at the European Court of Justice. Mondini co-heads the practice with Giacomo Bonelli, who is experienced in copyright and unfair competition cases.
Paolo Flavio Mondini; Giacomo Bonelli
Other key lawyers:
Pierpaolo Astorina; Guido Bortoluzzi
‘Ethics, expertise, knowledge and specific experience of the sector. Ability to dig deep into the subjects and issues addressed. Speed and quality of response. Flexibility. Customer care.’
‘Competence, speed in dealing with problems, ability to listen to the needs and requirements of the customer, willingness to come to a solution.’
‘Paolo Mondini and Pierpaolo Astorina proved to be very competent in their specific sector and very helpful.’
‘Professionalism and punctuality in the feedback to the customer.’
‘Paolo Mondini and Guido Bortoluzzi have good preparation and great leadership qualities.’
‘Efficiency, punctuality, precision, timeliness and great critical analysis in satisfying the customer’s needs’
‘Great professionalism and competence in various legal matters’
‘High competence, professionalism, availability and punctuality in always quick feedback.’
BCC Brianza e Laghi
Banca Popolare di Sondrio
Banco Popolare di Milano
Giò Ponti’s heirs
- Represented Banca Popolare di Sondrio before the European Court of Justice in litigation concerning the legitimacy of a statutory transformation into a new corporate form of the Bank.
- Historic decision obtained before the Supreme Court which for the first time in Italy acknowledged a store layout as a copyrighted work.
In late 2019 and 2020, Orsingher Ortu – Avvocati Associati reorganised its litigation department completely. After hiring Elisabetta Pistis and Elenia Cerchi from Studio Legale Guarino, the firm merged with Verusio e Cosmelli, Studio Legale, which saw it acquire a number of partners and of counsels, including Giorgio Cosmelli. Also notable is that Valeria Mazzoletti and reputed Paolo Pototschnig joined from Giovanardi Studio Legale, formerly known as Giovanardi Pototschnig & Associati. The team, which is led by Gerardo Marasco, is involved in high profile litigation and arbitration cases, notably in the fields of TMT, IP, corporate and employment law.
Other key lawyers:
Elisabellta Pistis; Elenia Cerchi; Giorgio Cosmelli; Valeria Mazzoletti; Paolo Pototschnig; Francesca Pulejo
‘Giorgio Cosmelli and his team show professionalism which is never separated from ethics, ability to understand multinational companies, ability to propose effective operational solutions beyond litigation management and provide support in the corporate decision-making process with specific skills.’
‘Giorgio Cosmelli and Francesca Pulejo have analytical skills, passion and dedication to each individual case submitted to them.’
‘Experience, competence and passion.’
Ferrari (luxury and sport cars)
The Walt Disney Company
Fox International Production
C-Quadrat Asset Management France – Société par Action Simplifièe
K2 Energy S.r.l.
Jumbo Group S.r.l.
Alpiq Ecopower AG
Georg Fischer B.V. & CO. K.G.
Mamma 2.0 S.r.l.
Kuwait Raffinazione e Chimica S.p.A.
Edward Lifesciences S.p.A.
Baxter Manufacturing S.p.A.
Twentieth Century Fox
Morellato & Sector
- Advised the shareholders of Giacomini S.p.A. on a number of high-level litigation proceedings and on the enforcement of a complex global settlement agreement.
- Assisted C-QUADRAT Asset Management France – Société par Action Simplifièe with litigation proceedings concerning the purchase of a real estate complex and the enforcement of the relevant agreements.
- Advised Kuwait Raffinazione e Chimica S.p.A. on arbitration proceedings brought by a UAE company in connection with alleged breaches of the agreement for the sale and dismantling of a refinery.
Pavia e Ansaldo's dispute resolution department distinguishes itself in cases before Italy’s highest courts. The team notably advises banking and financial institutions, as well as insurers, in cases over misconduct of financial advisers and issues of insolvency law and enforcement. Marina Santarelli has great knowledge of the telecoms and technology sectors. Maurizio Vasciminni has expertise in claims arising from natural disasters and tenders. Santarelli and Vasciminni co-head the team.
Marina Santarelli; Maurizio Vasciminni
‘The firm offers great experience in the field of litigation. Excellent ability to identify the procedural strategy most suited to the needs expressed. The firm stands out for its strong customer focus.’
‘Expertise and experience’
Actavis Italy S.p.A.
Lufthansa Technik AG
Siemens Healthcare S.r.l.
Siemens Transformer S.p.A.
Taxiblu 4040 and Autoradiotassì 8585
Banca Generali Group, Generali Group
- Representing the banking arm of the third largest insurance company in the world Generali in its successful appeal before Italy’s Supreme Court in a case regarding misconduct of financial advisers.
- Continuing to represent an important engineering and general contractor group in longstanding, deeply complex, first-of-their-kind compensation claims arising from the 1980 Irpinia earthquake in southern Italy.
- Acting for an Italian global leader in the iron and steel sector in proceedings arising from payment of various bank guarantees (advance payment bonds and performance bonds according to the international standards known as ‘quadrilateral guarantees’) totalling more than €30m.
Studio Professionale Associato a Baker & McKenzie
At Studio Professionale Associato a Baker & McKenzie, where the practice is led by Lorenzo De Martinis, the team is particularly active in litigation and commercial arbitration. Areas of specialism include contentious insurance and finance cases, which are covered by Francesco Maruffi. Luca Bassi handles consumer class actions and white-collar crime cases. Gaetano Iorio Fiorelli, who was promoted to partner, is experienced in contract disputes, among other matters.
Lorenzo de Martinis
Other key lawyers:
Francesco Maruffi; Luca Bassi; Gaetano Iorio Fiorelli
‘Professionalism and efficiency.’
- Assisting Kennametal Italia Produzione S.r.l. with a complex discharging seizure proceeding related to the sale of industrial premises in Milan city.
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP is renowned for its arbitration practice. The team has notable experience of investment treaty and commercial arbitration, as well as public international law cases. Strongly intertwined with the New York office, the practice in Milan focuses on representing states and state-owned companies, particularly in enforcement proceedings. Emanuella Agostinelli has strong expertise in insurance and insolvency litigation. Edoardo Zucchelli advises sovereign funds on disputes arising from their investments in Italy. In July 2020, Irene Petrelli made partner and Milo Molfa (whose practice is split between the London and Milan offices) joined from Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton.
Emanuella Agostinelli; Irene Petrelli; Edoardo Zucchelli
Other key lawyers:
Tullio Treves; Emanuele Ballo; Milo Molfa
‘Among the strengths of Curtis there is precision, reactivity in solving the various problems highlighted and speed in giving feedback, providing an entire team to support the company, specialized in various subjects. This work setting makes Curtis a dynamic studio aimed at protecting the customer at 360 degrees for any type of difficulty that has emerged.’
‘Emanuella Agostinelli and associate Emanuele Ballo have always shown maximum reliability and support to the client, often making themselves indispensable with their decisive intervention.’
‘Curtis’s international arbitration team is the pioneer in the area of practice. The in-depth knowledge and diligent lawyers who always dedicate to the client are the key points that make the team to be so unique. The lawyers are well positioned for their background in arbitration, high-skilled in negotiation and settlement disputes. ’
‘Diligence, meticulousness and in-depth knowledge of the procedural issues. Ability to deal with complex legal issues and to manage huge volumes of factual information and documents in big and complex international proceedings. Their partners and seniors directly work on the cases and determine to win for their clients. As Curtis has a good network and senior lawyers working in various jurisdictions and in different practice areas, the team has access to good resources and supports from different parts of the world whenever they need. ’
‘The team is very knowledgeable about the practice and the experience over the years is clearly exhibited and appreciated in the discussions and submissions with the client and before the courts or tribunals.’
‘The lawyers are very professional and open-minded with respect to dissenting opinions on legal matters being discussed. All issues and matters are given the attention they deserve.’
‘Broad capacity to handle any issue of international law. Effective management of cases.’
Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and Petróleos de Venezuela (PDVSA)
Sirte Oil Company for Production, Manufacturing of Oil & Gas
Republic of Uganda
Republic of India
Republic of Cyprus
Republic of Kazakhstan
United Arab Emirates
Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Represented PDVSA in high-profile, high-value oil and gas arbitrations, where the firm obtained major victories for the client. In one arbitration, the tribunal dismissed $1.5bn claims in their entirety and awarded costs to the client. In another arbitration, the firm was successful in defeating 90% of the original claims of over $19bn.
- Assisting Venezuela with one of the largest and most reported long-lasting arbitrations in the history of ICSID, with an original demand for damages amounting to $30bn.
- Representing the Russian Federation in two high-profile and geopolitically important international arbitrations brought by Ukraine under Annex VII of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
Studio Legale Delfino e Associati Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP's dispute resolution team is adept at representing a global pool of clients in high-level criminal investigations and related court proceedings. Elsewhere, the group works with the corporate and M&A team on contentious matters involving shareholders, directors and investors. In addition, other drivers of work include restructurings and bankruptcy cases, as well as employment, construction and financial services litigation. The firm also handles arbitration cases for clients. Team head Francesca Petronio and Fabio Cozzi are names to note.
Other key lawyers:
‘Competence and preparation.’
‘Francesca Petronio follows several cases personally.’
‘Unique mastery of the law, combined with technical understanding of the of a particular industry sector.’
‘Fabio Cozzi is extremely competent and also able to grasp critical issues and complex dynamics of specific sectors. He shows integrity in his role as a mediator.’
Alstom Ferroviaria S.p.A.
Ceva Logistics Italia S.r.l.
IKEA Italia Retail S.r.l.
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
Società Italiana per Condotte d’Acqua S.p.A.
Telecom Italia S.p.A.
- Assisting Royal Dutch Shell (Shell), the Netherlands-based global oil and gas super-major, with a criminal proceeding pending before the Tribunal of Milan. The case relates to allegations of corruption among foreign officials in the widely-publicised Nigeria OPL 245 $1.3bn bribery scandal.
- Representing Alstom Ferroviaria S.p.A., the Italian subsidiary of the French multinational company operating worldwide in rail transport markets, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives. Pending criminal proceeding before the Tribunal of Milan as well as connected internal investigations and potential review of the compliance system.
Eversheds Sutherland Associazione Professionale combines local law expertise with vast international reach. Noted for its cross-border advice to multinational clients, the firm is active in sectors such as oil and gas, financial services, engineering and pharmaceuticals. Practice head Renato Fiumalbi assists clients with commercial, corporate and insolvency disputes before ordinary courts and arbitral tribunals. Beatrice Bigonzi, who is a 'top-notch lawyer', has significant knowledge of the engineering, industrial, life sciences and fashion industries.
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent professionals in every branch of law.’
‘Excellent consultancy service, also increasing my knowledge in the various fields of law.’
‘They provide legal services at the highest standards and are very good in communication about the progress of the matter.’
‘Beatrice Bigonzi represents clients in very complex disputes. She is a top-notch lawyer with solid knowledge of the law and outstanding experience in the litigation arena. She is fast and reliable. Very good at dealing with people at all different levels of our organisation, from the business to the highest managers and at explaining all the nuances of a legal issue. ’
Former chairman of large Italian shipbuilding company
Q8 Quaser S.r.l.
Kuwait Petroleum Italia S.p.A.
Saxo Bank A/S
Specialist supplier of safety systems and advanced materials to the global aerospace and defense markets
A company operating in the renewable energy industry
A primary Italian bank
- Advised and represented Kuwait Petroleum Italia S.p.A., the Italian subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum, as a defendant, in several civil actions brought by Alitalia in extraordinary administration before the Courts of Rome and Milan against Kuwait and subsidiaries of other five multinational energy corporations seeking damages in excess of €900m euro purportedly suffered as a result of an alleged cartel in the jet fuel market sanctioned by the Italian Competition Authority.
- Representing the former chairman of a large Italian shipbuilding company (recently declared bankrupt) in an action brought by the bankruptcy receiver against the client, other former directors, auditors, auditing firms of the bankrupt company and other third parties, seeking over €170m in damages for breaches of fiduciary duties and several other causes of action.
- Representing Q8 Quaser S.r.l. (“Q8”), a subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Italia S.p.A., as a defendant, in an action brought by an Italian oil company seeking over €10m in damages following the failed acquisition by Q8 Quaser of the plaintiff’s business after extensive negotiation between the parties, the execution of certain ancillary agreements and the alleged transfer of trade secrets and confidential information to Q8.
Gatti Pavesi Bianchi's team is a first port of call for many clients in corporate disputes and commercial litigation, including directors liability and prospectus liability claims, as well as banking law matters. It is also active in arbitration cases. Lorenzo Pintus, Carlo Pavesi and Rita Clemente are among the key practitioners in the group, which is led by Stefano Verzoni.
Other key lawyers:
Carlo Pavesi; Lorenzo Pintus; Rita Clemente; Paola Rapisarda; Andrea Sacco; Antonio Satalino
‘Meticulous during the preliminary research and analysis of the evidence together with tenacity in investigating the possible effects of each argument on the procedural framework.’
‘Carlo Pavesi and his litigation team distinguish themselves from the competition for the exceptional availability and quality of the collaborators, including Antonio Satalino. The tactical and strategic vision of the partners in setting up the dispute is outstanding.’
- Representation of SEA S.p.A. in an ordinary civil proceedings for the compensation of damages related to alleged unfair competition and abuse of dominant position in airport handling services.
- Represented Banca Popolare di Vicenza in the director liability claim field against certain former directors and executives of Banca Popolare di Vicenza.
- Represented the former non-executive directors in the director liability action commenced by Cassa di Risparmio di Bolzano S.p.A.pursuant Article 2392 and 2393 of Italian Civil Code against certain of its former directors and statutory auditors
Giovanardi Studio Legale is the new name of the law firm formerly known as Giovanardi Pototschnig & Associati. The remaining team, which is jointly led by Carlo Alberto Giovanardi and Cecilia Lampertico, acts for a mix of Italian banks, foreign investment banks and financial institutions. Its experience includes insolvency and debt restructuring proceedings, as well as matters concerning factoring and financial agreements. Paolo Pototschnig and Valeria Mazzoletti left the firm.
Carlo Alberto Giovanardi; Cecilia Lampertico
‘The team is very well organized, managed by senior lawyers who coordinate their working groups. The strengths are mastery of the subject, communication and excellent IT support’
‘Partners and collaborators are very punctual and dedicated to the positions assigned.’
‘High-level service, combining the strict legal treatment of issues with the operational needs of its customers.’
Credit Agricole Cariparma s.p.a.
Intesa San Paolo s.p.a.
Banca nazionale del lavoro s.p.a./ bnp paribas (the italian subsidiary)
Nestlé italiana s.p.a.
Monte dei paschi di Siena s.p.a.
Unipol banca s.p.a.
Banco bpm s.p.a.
Unione di banche italiane s.p.a.
Banca Carige s.p.a.
- Assistance in favour of three banks of a pool against a company in “Amministrazione Straordinaria” who filed a claim for damages against the pool of banks as well as against the company’s former directors and auditors, stating that the banks granted a loan while the company was already insolvent.
- Assisting Banca nazionale del lavoro SpA, which was sued by a company undergoing a special insolvency proceeding (“amministrazione straordinaria“), who filed a claim for damages against the client, another bank and the sole director of the company.
The hi.lex dispute resolution team undertakes high-end work for national and international clients across a wide range of industries. It has a wealth of experience of arbitration proceedings, ADR and mediations. On the litigation side, the group covers the whole spectrum of civil and commercial disputes up to Supreme Court level. Maurizio Traverso has four decades of litigation and arbitration experience. Founding partner Emanuela Ferro has a particular focus on competition and IP-related matters. Emanuele Breggia often handles cases involving directors’ liabilities and the invalidity of companies' resolutions, among other matters.
Maurizio Traverso; Emanuela Ferro; Emanuele Breggia
‘High level of legal competence, efficiency, availability, ability to play as a team.’
‘Maurizio Traverso and Emanuele Breggia are recommended.’
‘Excellent technical ability in analyzing and evaluating legal problems, great attention to the relationship with the customer. The relationship with the professional of the firm in charge of the practice is always personalized, and not delegated to collaborators.’
‘Great competence and attention to legal problems and to the management of disputes. Tenacity and perseverance in protecting the client’s interests at all stages of the procedure. This applies especially to Maurizio Traverso and Emanuele Breggia.’
‘Small but agile practice with in-depth knowledge of the Italian legal market. ’
‘Emanuele Breggia is outstanding to work with. He is responsive, commercial and works extremely hard to achieve the clients’ aims.’
Federico Banti leads Osborne Clarke's litigation team, which is notably active in disputes relating to insolvency and restructuring procedures, financial intermediaries and insurance controversies. The firm's client base includes international and domestic companies in the media and music, healthcare, energy and financial sectors. The group's ability to work with practitioners across the international network puts it on a strong footing to handle cross-border disputes.
Other key lawyers:
Eva de Gotzen
‘Extraordinary responsiveness, great professionalism’
‘Multidisciplinary team highly trained in the various sectors in which it operates. The strengths are certainly the excellent preparation and the diversity of professional paths of each member of the team.’
‘Federico Banti is an excellent professional, very scrupulous jurist, prepared and passionate, attentive to the needs of the client and very convincing in both factual and legal arguments and in oral discussions. Eva De Gotzen is always available and very attentive to details.’
Fallimento GIMAL and Ca’ Sagredo Hotel S.r.l.
Grifols Italia S.p.A
Linea Ambiente S.r.l
Pasubio Sviluppo S.p.A. in Liquidazione
Società Generale Mutuo Soccorso Mutua Basis Assistance (MBA)
SAMCA – S.A. Minera Catalano Aragonesa
Sony Music Entertainment Italy S.p.A.
Unieco soc. Coop
- Representing the liquidator of Unieco Soc. Coop., one of the most important cooperative companies in Italy which was placed in compulsory liquidation in 2017, in connection with opposition proceedings filed by multiple creditors, including proceedings brought by 16 creditor banks totalling over €470m – making this one of the largest pieces of litigation currently ongoing in Italy.
- Advising the trustees in bankruptcy of Gimal Hotel S.r.l. and Ca’ Sagredo Hotel S.r.l., in €50m litigation relating to Venice’s historic “Ca’ Sagredo” luxury hotel, aimed at stopping proceedings issued by the holder of a mortgage guarantee, so that the real estate and business assets can then be sold together at the best possible price – this complex case is now proceeding before the Supreme Court.
- Acting for two companies in the Hanes Group, a leading retailer of sports and fashion clothing with a portfolio of well-known brands, in proceedings brought by companies of the German ECE Group, a retail operator, concerning the termination of contracts for the lease of premises – these matters, which turn on this issue of whether the contract was a commercial rent agreement or a lease of a going concern, is of great potential importance.
Portolano Cavallo delivers 'excellent' advice on cross-border matters, which is facilitated by the strong collaboration between the Rome, Milan and New York offices. Micael Montinari and Martina Lucenti , who jointly lead the team, cover commercial litigation, as well as domestic and international arbitration. Montinari is notably active in the technology and digital sector, while Lucenti focuses on corporate and post-M&A disputes.
Micael Montinari; Martina Lucenti
‘Harmony between the various members of the team, each specialized in his or her field. This results in a speed and efficiency.’
‘Very capable professionals who are always available to meet the customer’s needs.’
‘The team always responded in time with very good knowledge of the procedures and provided very useful advice.’
‘Always available, Open to proposals and very good knowledge of the Italian procedures and laws’
‘Teamwork and professionalism’
‘Accuracy, preparation, reliability, professionalism’
‘Excellent advice, which is always very clear, commercial and pragmatic. The firm is also very responsive, and their lawyers are a real pleasure to work with. ’
‘Martina Lucenti is fantastic. She provides extremely clear and practical advice, and is always very quick with her replies. Martina’s English is also excellent.’
Simmons & Simmons
Simmons & Simmons has a notably strong profile in the insurance sector. Its client roster includes a number of Lloyds syndicates, for whom the firm handled several disputes in 2020, including corporate litigation cases, as well as lawsuits against former directors and statutory auditors. Leonardo Giani heads up the Milan-based team, which was was also involved in property and cyber claims. The department in Italy is embedded within the firm’s wider international litigation practice.
Other key lawyers:
Francesco Nicora; Giorgia De Zorzi
‘All lawyers are young and very prepared, always available to help, flexible and responsive. The team leader of the department is a ‘primus inter pares’, thus working constantly in strict contact with the colleagues. Leonardo Giani is happy to share and transfer his knowledge to the members of the team.’
‘Leonardo Giani personally works on the files, acts and opinions, and manages the most important disputes entrusted to the firm. He shows the ability to summarize at best the situations and focus on their main aspects, thus leading the clients to the best and more sensitive choices. Francesco Nicora, who is a young lawyer and an expert in D&O matters, and Giorgia De Zorzi, who is involved in all civil opinions and disputes, are both quick in providing their opinion and their feelings about the course of the proceedings, and above all they are always available for a chat or a call to discuss any issue.’
‘Very quick to respond, available, accurate and competent’
‘It is a pleasure to work with Francesco Nicora, who proves to be very competent and helpful.’
AIG Europe S.A.
Zurich Insurance Plc
ENSTAR (Lloyd’s Syndicate)
MARKEL (Lloyd’s Syndicate)
AMTRUST (Lloyd’s Syndicate)
COLUMBIA THREADNEEDLE INVESTMENTS LTD.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty Ltd.
WeWork Companies LLC
- Representing the Lloyd’s syndicate AmTrust, joined in the €2 billion mismanagement lawsuit filed by the receiver of Banca Popolare di Vicenza against the bank’s former directors and auditors.
- Representing Markel in a €393m mismanagement claim filed before the Court of Naples by the receiver of Bagnolifutura S.p.A. against the company’s former directors and auditors who joined Markel to the lawsuit.
- Defending AIG Europe Ltd. – Rappresentanza Generale per l’Italia in a €1 billion claim filed before the Court of Rome by Romeo Gestioni S.p.A. against Consip and its former managers to claim damages for alleged unlawful exclusion from a public tender.
At boutique firm CBA Studio Legale e Tributario, the litigation and arbitration department specialises in corporate and commercial disputes, such as those concerning directors' liability, shareholders agreements, banking, bankruptcy, and inheritance litigation. Antonio Martini co-heads the practice with Stefano La Porta and Stefano Petrecca. Marco Ettorre moved to Gitti and Partners.
Antonio Martini; Stefano La Porta; Stefano Petrecca
Telis in Bankruptcy
- Assisting ÖBB-PERSONENVERKEHR AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT with a challenge, before the competent Italian Court, on the resolution no. 75/2016 issued by the Italian Transport Regulatory Authority
- Assisting Elafood Group with proceedings before the tax authorities originated by a Tax Police assessment on tax inversion of three controlled foreign companies.
- Assisting EUR S.p.A. with proceedings before the tax court about a request of corporate tax (Ires) refund on gain realised by the selling of real estates in compliance with a composition with creditors in order to avoid bankruptcy
CMS' litigation team has a strong track record in insurance and reinsurance disputes, and it is also active in tax, IP and corporate litigation. Laura Opilio, who heads up the practice, works with expert arbitrator and mediator Paola Ghezzi. Of counsel Massimo Dotto specialises in professional indemnity cases.
Laura Opilio; Paola Ghezzi
Other key lawyers:
‘Professionals with great technical skills and, at the same time, a business mind. The coexistence of these qualities makes the firm unique and makes it a vital resource for the client.’
‘Laura Opilio and Massimo Dotto form excellent leadership for the firm’s insurance litigation team. Their full availability and the proactivity with which they conduct the department are enviable.’
‘Massimo Dotto is an excellent adviser on dispute resolution matters. He is a trusted and practical counsel providing advice timely and effectively. In particular, Massimo Dotto has an extensive expertise on insurance claims litigation as well as on financial credits, which makes his expertise unique.’
‘Massimo Dotto is always available, his advice is always timely and practical.’
Generali Italia S.p.A.
Merck Serono S.p.A.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe SA
AmTrust Europe Ltd
Brit Insurance Holdings Ltd
QBE Insurance Europe Ltd
Arch Insurance Europe
Armour Risk Management Ltd
At Gattai, Minoli, Partners, Luca Minoli heads up the dispute resolution practice, which is one of the firm's main areas of focus, along with finance and corporate and M&A. The department most notably advises clients from the energy and technology sectors. Other key individuals are Filippo Rossi and Carla Mambretti, as well as litigator and arbitrator Sergio Fulco, who has expertise in corporate, banking and bankruptcy law.
Other key lawyers:
Sergio Fulco; Filippo Rossi; Carla Mambretti
‘Professionals of the highest level for technical skills and customer service skills, with an absolute understanding of the business and the needs of the client’
‘Teamwork, excellent skills and a solid network.’
Ilva S.p.A. in Amministrazione Straordinaria
Roberto Cavalli S.p.A.
UniCredit Factoring SpA
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
Siemens Energy s.r.o.
DeA Capital Alternative Funds SGR S.p.A.
TAGES Capital SGR S.p.A.
- Assisting 7 Pixel S.r.l., a retail credit and insurance broker, listed on the Milan Stock Exchange in a “follow-on” antitrust proceeding before the Civil Court of Milan, for the purpose of determining the damage suffered as a consequence of conducts of a worldwide leading internet company, sanctioned by the European Commission. The proceeding is aimed at obtaining preventive technical advice on the amount of damages suffered by our client, with a view to facilitate a settlement.
- Assisting Siram S.p.A. with appeal proceedings against an arbitration award filed in 2019, dismissing in full a compensatory claim brough against Siram S.p.A. (Italian subsidiary of the French multinational company Veolia) of €282m, with reference to an alleged breach of a branch of business sale contract.
- Assisting Siemens S.p.A. with several disputes arising from an EPC contract for the design, procurement and construction of the new headquarters of the Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences of the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi's litigation and arbitration department notably represents clients in corporate, commercial and banking disputes. It particularly stands out in matters related to the aviation, automotive and telecoms sectors. Silvia Lazzeretti focuses on litigation arising from energy projects, as well as contentious corporate matters, such as directors’ liability cases. She jointly leads the practice with Claudio Visco, who has longstanding expertise in insolvency and derivatives litigation.
Silvia Lazzeretti; Claudio Visco
- Advised an independent director on a directors’ liability claim made against her by Retelit S.p.A.
- Advised COOP CENTRO ITALIA S.P.A. AND COFIN S.P.A. on court proceedings concerning false statements in prospectuses and non-contractual liability against Banca Monte Paschi Siena and Consob in connection with the bank’s capital increases in 2008, 2011 and 2014..
- Advised MAN Truck & Bus Italia S.p.A. on litigation on national scale relating to product liability and disputes between the supplier and the dealer network.
McDermott Will & Emery Studio Legale Associato's international dispute avoidance and resolution department provides a full range of services to clients in relation to complex, transnational matters. Its experience covers all aspects of arbitration, litigation and mediations. Areas of specialism include matters concerning real estate, construction, energy, tax and environment. Practice head Stefano Mechelli is qualified to practise in New York, Italy, Germany and Spain. He works with associate Massimiliano Moruzzi, who is a litigator and arbitrator with a focus on financial and corporate issues.
Other key lawyers:
Molinari Agostinelli's practice is increasingly active in disputes relating to financial products and services, as well as insurance litigation. In addition, other drivers of work include disputes arising from breaches of contracts, challenges of resolutions adopted by shareholders and matters associated with bankruptcy and insolvency procedures. Ugo Molinari co-heads the practice with Roberto Crosti.
Ugo Molinari; Roberto Crosti
‘Strong determination and ability to support the client’
‘Great availability and legal ability.’
‘The team led by Ugo Molinari is competent and capable of explaining the various complexities of disputes to the client.’
‘Ugo Molinari is a champion: his skills are not limited to the litigation sector, but embrace various areas of law.’
Coop Alleanza 3.0 Soc. Coop.
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
Prelios S.p.A. – Prelios SGR
DeA Capital Alternative Funds
Chubb European Group – Rappresentanza per l’Italia
- Advised Coop Alleanza 3.0 and other consumers’ cooperatives on an arbitration proceedings in relation to (a) claimed violations of the reps and warranties released by cooperatives in a sale and purchase agreement and (b) an alleged responsibility for contractual fraud pursuant to article 1440 of Italian Civil Code.
- Advised Carlo Colombo S.p.A. on two proceedings regarding the challenging, by a shareholder, of certain resolutions, including the approval of financial statements of the company.
- Advised Generali Asset Management on arbitration proceedings initiated by Blackmore with respect to fees due as a result of the sale of shareholdings.
Norton Rose Fulbright is particularly well-known for its strengths in insurance-related disputes, including those concerning directors and officers (D&O) liability, as well as casualty, environmental and medical malpractice cases. In addition, its team advises on contentious matters relating to M&A, banking and insolvency, among other areas. Cecilia Buresti is the head of the practice.
‘Significant presence in the field of banking and financial litigation’
- Advised various partners of Alitalia on the negotiation of amendment deeds to aircraft lease agreements entered into with Alitalia as lessee.
- Advised AIG on civil proceedings initiated by Nayak Aircraft against its former general manager.
- Assisted CACIB with urgent proceedings incepted before the Court of Turin by the Italian construction company, Salini Impregilo.
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe's group has expertise in the resolution of commercial, labour and administrative disputes, and it is also strong in white-collar criminal defence and investigations. One of the key figures in the team is Jean-Paule Castagno, who joined from Clifford Chance in 2019, and is the head of the white-collar criminal defence practice. Riccardo Troiano is experienced in arbitration, bankruptcy and commercial international law matters.
Riccardo Troiano; Jean-Paule Castagno
Other key lawyers:
‘The lawyers make sure that the clients are updated, reassured and understand what is happening. They take the time to break down the legal jargon and explain progression in a case in an understandable way. Andrea Stigliano is a great solicitor to work with, gives regular updates and takes initiative to make sure that the clients understand everything and that they are aware of all the major milestones and progression on the case.’
‘A close-knit team, capable of finding solutions. Modernity, use of technological tools, flexibility and skills. The professionalism of Jean Paul Castagno stands out. Andrea Stigliano follows a truly personalized approach, displaying strong interpersonal skills and work ethic to understand the context of the case – always under a professional and factual perspective. Extremely competent team, always up-to-date, very meticulous and dedicated to the customer.’
‘Jean Paule Castagno and Andrea Stigliano are a unique team, in the compliance and white collar sectors. Complementarity but also a great attention to detail, to customer support both before and after the accident. Great sensitivity in the most delicate situations. Opinion leaders on legislative and jurisprudential news.’
Hitachi Rail Spa
Tuscania Retail S.r.l.
Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles S.A
BYD Europe BV
CAF Italia S.r.l.
Save the Children International
- Assisted Hitachi Rail with two appeal proceedings brought by two competitors following the award of a tender issued by Trenitalia S.p.A. to the client.
- Appointed as counsel of records of Save the Children, the world’s leading independent organization for children, and their employees, in the context of criminal proceedings pending before the Court of Trapani
- Advising Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles S.A on the case re the appeal against a judgment of the Lombardy-Milan Regional Administrative Court concerning the exclusion of the company by a public procedure for the supply of new diesel trains and full-service maintenance ordered by FNM S.p.A. for an overall amount of €483,140.
Withers Studio Legale's dispute resolution team acts for clients such as high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, family businesses and international companies. Cristina Pagni has strong expertise in banking litigation, and she also assists clients with financial services, insolvency and insurance litigation. Pagni jointly leads the department with arbitrator Matilde Rota, who is particularly known for representing sports personalities and organisations, as well as Italian fashion brands.
Cristina Pagni; Matilde Rota
‘Cristina Pagni has a more unique than rare ability to immediately grasp the critical point of the situation and immediately focus on the measures to be implemented. Meticulousness and accuracy, together with sagacity of the suggested strategies’
‘Flexibility and ability to understand the client’s dynamics and to find the most effective solution for settling the dispute, both in terms of proceedings and costs and benefits for the client himself.’
‘Matilde Rota demonstrates an excellent knowledge of the civil procedure and has a rare ability to investigate the substantive issues underlying the dispute.’
‘Cristina Pagni has gained experience and an ability to manage litigation and corporate matters that few professionals have in the Italian market.’
‘Attention to the relationship with customers that goes beyond the personal relationship and allows for the consolidation of long-term relationships’
‘Very high quality lawyers with outstanding technical skills and a first-class reputation in the market and in the legal community.’
‘Cristina Pagni is a very first class and talented dispute resolution attorney who is also a pleasure to work with. She has a prime technical background, and she is very expert in litigation and arbitration. She is very committed and focused managing the case and leading the teams. She is also ready to take any opportunity to make settlements whenever it may be appropriate.’
‘The firm’s professionals combine a solid legal background with a marked sensitivity for the client’s practical needs.’
Generali Italia SpA and Alleanza Assicurazioni SpA
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA
Fiberweb Terno d’Isola
- Provide assistance to Generali Italia SpA and Alleanza Assicurazioni SpA with lawsuits brought by retail clients in relation to life policies, unit-and index-linked policies and white-collar professional policies.
- Provide legal assistance to Intesa Sanpaolo SpA on a variety of claims brought by retail clients with respect to loans, banking agreements, financing and derivative agreements, on both ordinary and interim proceedings.
- Assisting Marinella SpA with liquidation arbitration proceedings brought for the alleged breach of a co-operation agreement in relation to a major project to develop a port basin in a well-known town in Tuscany.