Bologna: leading firms in Italy
Gianni & Origoni
Gianni & Origoni's Bologna office is headed by Pietro Buccarelli, who has notable expertise in M&A and private equity, and Federico Dettori, who specialises in litigation and arbitration, with a focus on assisting co-operative companies, such as PerArte Società Cooperativa Agricola. The group predominantly acts for mid-sized Italian companies and some international companies (in the energy sector in particular). In recent work, the practice assisted start-up Gellify with all technology-related matters. Camilla Nordera is recommended for her 'competence, diligence and precision'.
‘Ability to understand the situation, needs and objectives of the client, manage the complexity of non-ordinary operations, define not only a clear legal but also operational framework, and design the solution with the company. Ability to analyse, understand and provide a range of plausible solutions.’
‘This firm stands out due to its experience with inter-governmental organizations operating in the territory of the Italian Republic. This covers all relevant areas such as privileges and immunities, taxes, procurement, and HR matters. Due to their presence in Rome, they also connect well to the Government.‘
PerArte Società Cooperativa Agricola
PatFrut Società Cooperativa Agricola Beghelli
Toyota Material Handling
- Assisting Beghelli with the sale of Beghelli Canada to Newco in a deal worth €14m.
- Handling Gellify Digital Investment’s investment in Cyberdyne worth €2m.
- Advising PerArte Società Cooperativa Agricola and PatFrut Società Cooperativa Agricola on the negotiation and signing of an enterprises network agreement worth around €20m.
LexJus Sinacta's sizeable Bologna team handles a comprehensive range of practice areas and is particularly active in litigation, corporate M&A, business restructuring, tax, employment law, private clients, transportation and insurance. Claudio Perrella and Alessio Totaro ('always prepared and professional'; 'a pleasure to work with') head a 'very skilled' and 'highly qualified' team. Anna Masutti, in particular, is recognised for her work in the aviation sector. In recent work, the firm handled a number of matters in the insurance field, including acting for Zurich in a substantial claim ($400m) following a catastrophic fire in Tianjin (China) in 2015.
‘Great team on transport/maritime-related matters. On-hand and responsive.’
‘After a long search of Italian partner firms, and some pretty unpleasant cooperation, I finally found a solid firm in LS Lexjus Sinacta. It operates fast, is transparent and works on a fair fee. Above all it gets the job done and is therefore perfectly skilled within its field of operation.‘
‘The LS Lexjus Sinacta studio has a commendable experience in the sector of shipping and logistics. The lawyers are always very competent and immediately ready to find the most suitable solutions for our needs in a fast and highly professional manner.‘
‘Always prepared and professional, the LS studio distinguishes itself by its cordiality, collaboration and pleasant manner.‘
‘Claudio Perrella did a lot of contract reviewing for us in logistics contracts. His input is of high quality, but still very practical. Alessio Totaro has in-depth knowledge of the public law side of transportation too. They are both good litigators and advisors.‘
‘Alessio Totaro is a partner at LS Lexjus Sinacta who deserves special attention. In fact, he is the reason why our firm and our clients sticks with LS Lexjus Sinacta.’
‘Alessio Totaro has great knowledge, is quick to act, and gets things done.‘
Omni Bridgeway Emerging Markets
TNT Global Express
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance
KPI Bridge Oil
- Representing TWS in a claim brought before the Court of Geneva arising from an alleged breach of a contract of logistics and warehousing worth €20m.
- Acting for AXA – XL in recovery actions arising from a forest fire in Almeria worth €8m.
- Assisting Mediamarket with negotiating and closing a deal with DHL for the provision of logistic services across Italy.
Zunarelli – Studio Legale Associato's practice, which is headed by Massimo Campailla and Stefano Zunarelli, has particular strength in shipping, M&A, transportation, and administrative and public law. It frequently advises public bodies on public transportation matters, such as its representation of Regione Friuli-Venezia-Giulia before the Supreme Administrative Court concerning the tendering procedures for local public road and water transport services. The team advises international, particularly Chinese and Dutch, companies on infrastructure, and acts for a number of major Italian port authorities on maritime and transport law, and international trade law.
‘Huge experience in the transport sector. A very good institutional relationship.‘
‘Trustworthy, engaged and target-oriented.‘
Comune di Parma
Provincia di Parma
Aeroporto G. Marconi di Bologna
Autorità Portuale di Venezia
Port Authority of Trieste
- Representing Comune di Parma and Provincia di Parma before the Supreme Administrative Court concerning the tendering procedures for local public road transport services worth €320m.
- Assisting F2i with the acquisition of shares in Porto di Carrara.
- Acting for a Chinese construction company in Italian proceedings concerning a subcontracting agreement, with the aim of obtaining a precautionary measure for impeding the payment of first demand bank guarantees for an amount of approximately €70m.