Investment and venture capital funds in Israel
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary is perhaps the leading firm in Israel for the formation of venture capital and tech-focused funds; however, the firm also deserves recognition for the broader strength of its funds practice, which is involved in the formation and management of private equity funds, real estate and infrastructure funds, secondary funds, and others. Moreover, the team also has experience advising institutional investors on their fund investments. The fund formation practice is headed by 'a market leader in the Israeli venture capital industry', Maya Issacharov, who has been involved in the formation of many of the largest and most innovative tech-focused funds. Other contacts for fund formation and management in the VC and private equity space include Ian Rostowsky, Yoav Etzyon, and Yonatan Altman.
Maya Issacharov; Ian Rostowsky; Yoav Etzyon
‘The team is very professional and updated with all developments in our environment. We work with APM since 2001 and never feel we need another firm. The firm is very professional and well connected with other firms in Israel (when needed to negotiate legal terms).‘
‘The team is very efficient and very knowledgeable about establishment and operation of venture capital and private equity funds.‘
‘We feel that the team led by Adv. Maya Issacharov is committed to our Fund and when needed will devote all of its time to our Fund. The team and Maya are “soulmates”. Adv. Ian Rostowsky who handles most our portfolio investments is very efficient, replies within hours, and will do all is needed to close the deal without letting go of our key investment guidelines.‘
‘Maya Issacharov is a market leader in the Israel venture capital industry. She is very practical and efficient.‘
‘APM’s fund team is impressive for its strength and depth. There are a number of impressive and highly experience partners with a great team backing them up.‘
‘I have worked with Maya Issacharov and Ian Rostowsky for around 15 years. They are technically knowledgeable and great at practical problem-solving for their clients. Always a pleasure to work with.‘
‘APM sit alongside Meitar and HFN in the Tel Aviv market in establishing international investment funds.‘
SCP Vitalife II
Vintage Investment Partners
The Time Innovations
Fortissimo Capital Funds
Nielsen Innovate Fund
Terra Venture Partners II and III
Canaan Partners Israel
Israel Infrastructure Fund-IIF
Klirmark Opportunity Fund
Accelmed Growth Partners- AGP
The Kitchen Hub
RMGP Biopharma Fund
Sparks Foodtech Food Technologies
- Lead counsel to aMoon II in the formation and fundraising of its venture capital fund. aMoon II is a mid-to-late stage fund investing in biopharma, medical devices and digital health companies.
- Lead counsel to RMGP in the formation and fundraising of its venture capital fund. The fund invests, exclusively, in innovative early-stage biotherapeutics companies within FutuRx’s portfolio of companies.
- Handled the legal aspects of a tender to operate a food-tech incubator in the north of Israel for Sparks Foodtech FoodTechnologies. The firm handled the legal aspects of the tender process and the activation of the incubator’s operations, and also provided strategic consulting.
Best known for its work in the hi-tech sector, Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg, Shenhav & Co. is one of the leaders in the Israeli venture capital market, bringing together strengths in securities law, cross-border tax structuring, Israeli partnership law, and broker and investment regulation. Headed by Ayal Shenhav, who is instructed by a litany of Israeli investors and international VC funds with a strong Israeli presence, the practice group acts for over a third of Israeli venture capital and private equity funds. Over the course of 2018-2019 alone, the team handled fund formation mandates in aggregate value of approximately $2bn. Layla Chertow is another key partner in the hi-tech and funds practice and Oren Biran heads the firm's tax practice.
‘Full scope firm with deep knowledge and strength in many domains, especially given Shenhav’s addition.‘
‘They find the time to be available at the critical moments that really matter.‘
83 North III
Blue Red Partners
Adam Street Partners
Alon MedTech Ventures
Amazon.com and its Israeli subsidiaries
Giza II , III, IV, V and Giza Opportunities
Bessemer Venture Partners
Biotree Seed Healthcare Fund
Blumberg Capital IV
Caanan Partners Israel
Cyberstarts Ventures Fund I
Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners
Emerge Fund II
Eucalyptus Innovation Capital
Benson Oak Ventures
Profits for Growth (PFG)
S-Capital (Haim Sadger)
Sequoia Capital Israel
State of Mind I
State of Mind II
TLV Partners I
TLV Partners II
UP West Ventures
Verizon and its Israeli subsidiaries
- Acted on the formation of early-stage venture fund Hanaco, advising on every stage of its formation and its GP formation, drafting of all fund documents, KYC and negotiations with major investors and the members of the GP, closings, compliance, support of fundraising and ongoing advice.
- Advising aMoon on the structuring of aMoon Ventures. The firm advised on tax issues, and was involved in the LPA of aMoon Velocity fund; it is also involved in the structuring of an opportunity fund.
- Acted for State of Mind Ventures in the raising of its second fund, which raised a total of $110m.
Herzog Fox & Neeman is a clear leader in the Israeli investment funds market. The team acts for a huge variety of clients and provides comprehensive formation and management advice to clients in every category of investment funds, including private equity and venture capital funds, real estate and infrastructure funds, hedge funds, debt funds, and a variety of other fund types. Moreover, the team has an impressive roster of domestic and internationally focused funds, asset managers, and investors. Tal Dror Schwimmer leads the fund formation practice, Meir Linzen provides specialist tax advice to fund managers and investors, and next generation partner Michal Lavi has experience advising on the tax treatment and formation of an impressive variety of private investment funds.
Tal Dror Schwimmer; Meir Linzen
‘Experienced, efficient, and professional. This team never sleeps. They know the answer to every question and they are there to help you with creative minds and exceptional legal skills.‘
‘Adv. Tal Dror Schwimmer is the one you want with you when working on venture capital funds. She knows everything and anything there is to know on the subject. She is exceptionally professional and always available to answer any question. There is nothing she cannot draft and she does it efficiently and always with a smile.‘
4F Distribution Israel
Amitim Pension Funds
Awz HLS Fund
Bessemer Venture Partners
Ben Simon Sussman Capital
Excellence Nussuah Asset Management
Harel Finance Real-Estate Fund
KDC Media Fund
Pico Venture Partners
Poalim Capital Markets
Reality Investment Funds
- Represents Pico Venture Partners II (an early stage investment fund aiming to raise $100m) on its formation and ongoing matters, and representing it throughout the whole process of fundraising, including drafting PPM, LPA, Subscription Booklet and side letters as well as in the taxation aspects and receipt of tax rulings from the Israeli tax authorities.
- Advising on the formation of private equity fund Viola Growth III, a successor fund of Viola Growth II, aiming to raise hundreds of million dollars for investment in Israeli and Israeli related companies in their growth stage.
- Representing Enlight Renewable Energy in the formation of another co-investment vehicle with EUR200m in commitments from Israeli institutional investors, for the investment in a wind energy project in Spain.
Meitar Law Offices provides comprehensive formation and management advice to fund managers in a variety of asset classes, including private equity and VC funds, secondary funds, hedge funds, and real estate funds. In particular, the team has shown its ability to work with non-traditional fund structures, and has been involved in some of the more innovative areas of investment including blockchain assets and crypto-currencies. Eldar Ben-Ruby and Hodiya Schnider are two key figures in the investment funds practice, specialising in funds taxation, management and securities. Other key figures include Dan Shamgar and Alon Sahar, corporate and securities lawyers with extensive experience in the context of fund management, especially in the tech sector.
Eldar Ben-Ruby; Hodiya Schnider
Viola Private Equity
Bessemer Venture Partners
Israeli Technology Investments Fund
ION Asset Management
New Era Capital
Israel Growth Partners
- Acted for Pitango, Israel’s largest VC group, in the formation of Pitango Growth Fund and Pitango TDJ.
- Advise Vintage on all Israeli tax matters for both new and existing funds, special investment fund matters, investments and M&A activity, as well as on the formation of Vintage Access Fund.
- Representation of ION Asset Management in all aspects of ongoing fund advice, including in the formation of a new fund, ION Crossover Partners.
Widely considered by its peers to be a market leader in investment fund formation, Raveh Haber & Co. is consistently taking lead roles in the formation and management of novel private equity and real estate funds, and SPVs. As a boutique firm focusing on investment management, the team provides highly specialised advice to domestic and international funds and investment managers, as well as institutional and non-institutional investors. The firm is jointly led by Gil Raveh and Miriam Haber , both of whom were educated in the US and have experiencing practicing at some of the most prestigious law firms in New York. Yuval Arad is also recommended in the private equity group. The team has handled recent formation matters for clients including Noy Infrastructure and Energy Fund and Electra America.
Miriam Haber; Gil Raveh
Noy Infrastructure and Energy Fund
Electra Multifamily Investments Funds
Israel Growth Partners
The Naftali Group
- Assisted Hamilton Lane with the legal, regulatory and tax aspects of offering interests in various private investment funds to Israeli institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals in an estimated sum of over $250m.
- Represented Noy 3 Infrastructure and Energy Investments LP in an oversubscribed final closing of close to $450m from a wide Israeli institutional investor base.
- Acted for Noy Negev Energy, a co-investment vehicle of Noy 2 Infrastructure and Energy Investments, in negotiating bank guarantees required in connection with its investment in a 110MW concentrated solar energy thermal power station located at Plot A in the Ashalim area of the Negev Desert in Israel.
Vinograd & Co is well known in Israel for its work for institutional investors, and indeed, the firm is among the market leaders in that space; however, the firm has also demonstrated top-tier credentials for the formation of large and often innovative investment funds. Moreover, the firm is perhaps among the most active in the formation of hedge funds in Israel. Practice head Ronen Vinograd has recently been involved in the formation of multiple first-of-its-kind real estate-focused funds, and has also advised on the formation of a unique hedge fund investing in insurance linked securities. Sharon Friedman is another contact in the practice group.
‘Boutique law firm with deep understanding of the industry.‘
‘Very responsive and knowledgeable with significant practical experience and very updated on matters relating to the financial services industry, laws and regulations.‘
‘We appreciate their ability to communicate in very good English with other international law firms and other personnel in respect to representing matters relating to Israeli law or Israeli entities within our group. Their access to the Israeli regulators in obtaining clarifications if required or in representing or responding to matters in a professional way prior to the approval of laws and regulations when this is required is also helpful.‘
‘Well respected by the Israeli regulators (ISA) and when additional clarification is required from regulators or an opinion needs to be presented to the regulator they will contact the regulator directly and based on our experience they have managed to achieve good results. Team is relatively small, but even so from my point of view they are providing an excellent and timely service.‘
‘Mr. Ronen Vinograd is very knowledgeable, accessible, and very experienced. He will always provide a balanced approach after analyzing carefully the different aspects.‘
IBI Investment House Group
Excellence Investment House
Menorah Insurance and Pension
Psagot Investment House
Poalim Capital Markets
Meitav Dash Investment House
BSP Fund of Hedge Funds
Bank Leumi Provident Funds
Halman Aldobi Investment House
Tel Aviv University
Bar Ilan University
Beer Sheeva University
Gilad Pension Fund
Israel Electricity Company Pension Fund
IDI (Bituach Yashir)
First International Bank of Israel
Teachers Educationary Fund
Inhouse Investments (Intego Funds)
Golden Bridge Fund (Tandem Capital)
Fidelis Family Office
Investor 360 Hedge Fund
- Advised on the establishment of Comrit Fund, under IBI Investment House, which invests in non-negotiable REIT funds in the US.
- Representing Horizon Hedge Fund in the establishment of second hedge fund, targeting $100m.
- Advised on the structuring of all elements of a first-of-its-kind insurance linked securities hedge fund, IBI Insurance Linked Securities Fund.
Arnon Segev & Co.
Arnon Segev & Co.'s core area of strength is advising institutional investors in their fund investment activity, and thus the firm boasts an impressive roster of prolific Israeli investors. In addition, the team also has experience in the formation of hedge funds and venture capital funds. Nira Bahat is the key figure in the practice group.
BFP & Co Attorneys & Notary
BFP & Co Attorneys & Notary's has an active funds practice that is much more than just a byproduct of its hi-tech practice. The firm is particularly active in the formation of large venture capital, and specifically tech-focused funds, but it also has experience structuring other types of offshore investment vehicles, and has acted in the formation of funds investing in non-tech assets such as real estate. The funds department is headed by Haleli Barath, 'a world-class attorney', and also includes Nora Floom, who specialises in managing fund investment activity, but has also developed experience in the formation of venture capital and private equity funds.
Haleli Barath; Noma Floom
‘A highly professional team, very involved in the day to day of our company giving them the ability to propose very practical and tailor made legal solutions for our activity.‘
‘Haleli Barath is exceptional with her experience in structure investments and funds globally! Same for Iris Pappo.‘
‘Haleli Barath is an exceptional, world class attorney. Understands legal and business at top level.‘
‘Great ability to connect to the team and even though they are third party services they act and feel as one of our own team members.‘
‘One stop shop for ALL legal services needed for venture capital and investments.‘
‘Haleli provides the most professional and practical legal service on our day to day of the business activity.‘
Quantum China Israel Investments (QCII)
Homeward Ventures Limited
- Represent TriVentures ARC in the formation of the $40m innovation ARC fund in cooperation with Sheba hospital.
- Acted as counsel for CreditEase Israel Innovation Fund with respect to the structuring and incorporation of its second fund, reaching $80m.
- Acting as counsel for the incorporation and structuring of Aulder’s funds 40 Broad Real Estate Fund 2019 and 40 Broad RE Fund 2017 that raise funds in order to invest in US residential real estate projects.
Fischer Behar Chen Well Orion & Co advises fund managers and major investors across the spectrum of fund activity from tax structuring and formation, to ongoing management and investment activity. The practice group has a proven track record in structuring large CVCs and other venture capital funds, private equity funds, secondary funds, real estate and infrastructure funds, and ETFs. In addition, the firm has complementary high-level expertise in tax, securities, real estate, infrastructure, and technology, and also advises on the regulatory treatment of investment funds. Eran Yaniv and Raz Tepper jointly heads the venture capital and private equity practice. Gilad Winkler and Ron Sitton are also recommended.
Raz Tepper; Eran Yaniv; Gilad Winkler
‘Responsive and practical in their advice. Partner led and keen to engage with clients rather than be behind the scenes.‘
‘Ron Sitton provides decisive advice.‘
‘Ron Sitton is a smart and powerful lawyer. Always communicative and definitely someone to have on your side of the table.‘
‘They are very well connected with the movers and shakers of the Israeli VC community. Trustworthy by all parties. In many cases, they can represent all parties (investors and founders) and turn the process into an effective and cost effective one.‘
‘Eran Yaniv, a partner at FBC, provides the highest quality of service I have seen. With his extensive experience, Eran has seen almost everything and has a deep understanding of what really matters.‘
Pitango Venture Capital
Canadian Solar Group
SKY Fund I
The Gores Group
HealthCap Venture Capital
Horizon Technology Finance
Harel Insurance Company
Israeli Association of ETF Issuers
InfraRed Capital Partners
Migdal Insurance Company
Menorah Insurance Group
Marlin Equity Partners
OrbiMed Israel Partners
Pontifax Venture Capital
REIT Azorim Living
The Rhodium Group
Vintage Investment Partners
- Represented Generation Capital in the establishment and initial public offering of the first infrastructure and energy investment fund to list on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Advised on the structuring and establishment of Helios 3 Biogas UK 1, an Israeli renewable energy fund engaged in the initiation, construction and acquisition of, as well as investment in, anaerobic digestion power plant projects in the UK through a UK platform company.
- Representation of Helios Fund, a private equity fund that specialises in energy investments in Israel, in structuring and establishing the fund, including raising funds from various institutional investors, such as the Amitim Pension Group, Hachsharat Hayishuv, Tel-Aviv University and the Teachers and Kindergarten Teachers Advanced Training Fund, in a total amount of approximately $131m.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co.'s core area of focus in the field of investment funds is advising on investment transactions and M&A, though the firm has also shown its ability to handle the formation of private equity funds, hedge funds, credit funds, and REITs. Of recent note, the team worked on the establishment of The New REIT, Israel's third real estate investment trust. Ashok Chandrasekhar specialises in international corporate and securities matters, Dubi Zoltak leads the capital markets practice, and hi-tech practice head Sharon Gazit has extensive experience working with VC investors.
Ashok Chandrasekhar; Dubi Zoltak; Sharon Gazit
‘Their team is always accessible, open minded and very service-oriented. Smart people.‘
I Squared Capital
Israel Secondary Fund
Menivim – The New REIT
Electra Real Estate
Temasek Holdings Private Limited
Agate Medical Investments
BayernLB Capital Partner
Bessemer Venture Partners
Hasso Plattner Ventures
Technology Crossover Ventures
Medica Venture Partners
Munich Venture Partners
Wanaka Capital Partners Mid-Tech Opportunity Fund
The Crossroads FCP-FIS Fund
Scale Venture Partners
Altshuler Shaham Properties
Altshuler Shaham Investment House Real Estate Investment Fund
WRVI Global Capital Managers
Glilot Capital Partners
Finance Differently Management
Dallas IBI PILLAR
- Providing ongoing counsel on the establishment and ongoing activities of the third REIT fund in Israel – Menivim – The New REIT.
- Represented Temasek Holdings Private Limited in its acquisition of Israeli cyber technology and services company Sygnia Consulting Ltd.
- Advising Thoma Bravo regarding its acquisition of Veracode Inc. from Broadcom Inc. in an all-cash transaction valued at 950 million USD.
M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries is considered by some to be the leading Israeli firm in the field of ETFs and mutual funds, and is also an increasingly active player in the venture capital and private equity space. Of recent note, Oded Ofek (rated by one client as Israel's 'best lawyer in the field of mutual funds') acted in the establishment of two of the five listed funds bidding for government-backing and loss protection in an initiative to stimulate investment in Israeli R&D activity. The team also acts for institutional investors in their fund investment activity. Gail Etzion , the key contact for VC and private equity work, and Jacob Sarov acts for funds in their investment activities.
Gail Etzion; Oded Ofek; Jacob Sarov
‘I have been using Firon’s services to set up out investment house, from start to finish, in accordance with the law, Firon set up the mutual funds for me and they drafted the relevant contractual agreements. I am currently being assisted by them on a regular basis and I am very happy with the services.‘
‘I can serve as an honest reference to Oded, as someone who has known him from the start, a dedicated, smart lawyer, handles pressure, a true first-rate professional, with impressive capabilities as a lawyer and I can certainly mark him as a leader in capital markets, investment funds, mutual funds, portfolio management etc.‘
‘The human resources I think make the difference. The team is professional and have unique specialty in the field of practice. We are a firm that holds funds as a GP and LPs giving finance and the firm serves us in all aspects thereof.‘
‘I work with a number of partners in Firon and am pleased with all of them. I work with Adv. Ofek, who is a specialist in the field of investment funds and credit provision services. He is wise, service oriented, novel in his solutions and thinking and makes you feel you are in the best of hands.‘
‘I work with Gili Naor Elias, a one-stop-shop expert and one of a kind all-in-one lawyer who handles all of the agreements of the funds.‘
‘Our Investment House has started working with Firon starting 2011. The Capital Markets: Investment & Institutional Department headed by Adv. Oded Ofek gives us an all-around service in the fields of our ordinary business, mutual funds and portfolio management and as we grew in activities to other activities as well such as financial services provision, credit provision, hedge funds and more.‘
‘We feel we are rendered excellent services from M. Firon and it meets our needs and can grade them “A” easily and thankfully. The know-how is top grade and first between competitors, it is service oriented and the value for money is good and fair. Although the Firm is one of the big-5 firms in Israel and holds more than 200 lawyers we feel at home with the firm’s department and are provided with personalized service.‘
‘Fast, extremely knowledgeable and in the investment house department led by Adv. Ofek, in which we receive an integrated service in all aspects of the financial wing of the company, we receive a top to bottom complete service which is simply not available from any other major firm.‘
‘Adv. Ofek certainly stands out as head of the investment house department. Clearly the best lawyer today in the field of mutual funds, portfolio management and investment funds. His extensive knowledge in the field, and relationship with the ISA, coupled with his business acumen, make him the best in his field.‘
‘The team headed by Oded has the unique know-how and more than the know-how, the absolute commitment to the clients to professionalism and specialism in all the regulated capital markets and the corresponding ability to innovate and consult the clients in the unregulated products and their combination with the regulated markets.‘
‘Adv. Ofek gives us an all-around service in the fields of our ordinary business which is the whole of capital markets, mutual funds, portfolio management and transactions and deals and investment funds as well.‘
Kessem Mutual Funds
Ayalon Mutual Funds
Ubank Trust Company
- Establishment of a new Israeli venture fund (as a Tech-Elite Mutual Fund) that can invest in non-liquidated and private companies that operate in the field of R&D in Israel, competing for a government tender for up to four government-backed, Tel Aviv-listed technology growth funds, which will be eligible for some loss protection and governmental credit guarantees.
- Advised on the registration of seven foreign mutual funds offered by Alliance Bernstein, a foreign mutual fund manager, and representation before the ISA concerning the offering of the foreign fund units.
- Advised Ubank Trust Company on an agreement with PWC pursuant to which, PWC ceased to serve as trustee for approx. 100 mutual funds managed by Harel Pia Mutual Funds Ltd., and Ubank began serving as trustee for the said mutual funds.
Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. has gained market recognition for its end-to-end service to Israel's most prominent private equity fund, but more than that, the practice group has also demonstrated its strength in the formation of venture capital funds, real estate funds, and debt funds. Practice head Sharon Amir is one of Israel's most prominent corporate lawyers, and is also experienced in fund structuring and taxation. Idan Lidor is a contact for VC fund formation, and Einat Rosu has experience in VC investment transactions.
‘Excellent resources in multiple disciplines, vast experience which plays out in negotiations, ability to be creative in structuring transactions looking at multiple jurisdictions, and immediate response times.‘
‘Sharon Amir has outstanding skills in negotiations, and deep knowledge in M&A and tax.‘
FIMI Private Equity Funds
Vertex Venture Capital
Japan Israel High Tech Ventures
K2 Private Investors
Gelfand R.E. Opp.1,
Red Dot Capital Partners
Crescendo Venture Fund I
- Represented an anchor investor in the establishment of the aMoon II Fund.
- Advised on the establishment of the Gelfand Fund, a private equity fund that raises funds for investment in real estate in the US.
- Represented the sponsors of the Arbel Fund, in establishing a private equity fund that has capital commitments of approximately NIS1bn.
Yigal Arnon & Co has a prolific VC and hi-tech investment practice, but also has experience advising on venture capital structuring and formation. Yarom Romem and Simon Weintraub are key figures in the venture capital and private equity practice, which is able to leverage the firm's complementary tax expertise to provide comprehensive structuring advice in the formation of venture capital funds.
Yarom Romem; Simon Weintraub
Samsung Next Fund
Amitim Pension Funds
Credit Ease China
CreditEase Israel Innovation Fund (CEIIF)
Ibex Israel Fund
Israel Infrastructure Fund
Lightspeed Venture Partners
Norwest Venture Partners
Susquehanna Growth Equity (SGE)
Square Peg Capital Pty
Vintage Investment Partners
Glilot Capital Partners
- Representing the general partner of AgriNation in the formation of a venture capital fund targeting $50-70m.
- Represented Vintage Investment Partners in a $10m investment in the Resolute IV.
- Represented OurCrowd in the launch of Cognitiv, its latest fund under the “OurCrowd First” brand.
Lipa Meir & Co enters the rankings this year off the back of the maturation of its 2018 merger with Preis Baharav & Co. The investment funds and institutional investor practice is led by Ziv Preis, who has acted in the establishment of impact funds and venture capital funds. Preis also advises major Israeli institutional investors on fund investments. The firm also has an active transactional practice.
Amitim Senior Pension Funds
Altshuler Shaham Provident Funds and Pension
Tene Investment Fund
- Advising Cogito Capital on establishing its two investment funds, which raised NIS800m.
- Representing Altshuler Shaham Provident Funds and Pension in its investment in Glilot Capital Fund III.
- Representing the Beresheit Fund, established after the 2008 economic crisis by the Ministry of Finance with the goal to inject new credit into the Israeli market. The department provided legal services in dozens of financial transactions amounting to NIS 1.6bn.
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz's angel investing and venture capital fund formation practice provides a full range of structuring, taxation, and transactional advice to fund managers and investors. The fund practice is an integral component of the firm's hi-tech offering, and thus, in addition to its start-up investment practice, the team has experience in forming venture capital funds focused on a variety of tech sub-sectors, including agri-tech, food-tech, mobility, and healthcare, among other sectors. Atir Jaffe is the name to note for VC fund formation, and Yael Baratz and Mark Cohen are key figures in the corporate and hi-tech practice. Yael Shimon-Many is also recommended.
Atir Jaffe; Yael Baratz; Mark Cohen
‘They have a very good a d experienced team that can deliver. They will give you a door-to-door service, from the get go to the final execution of the deal. Always efficient and exceptionally professional.‘
‘Yael Shimon-Many is the lawyer you want to have with you on tough deals. She knows every detail of the deal and she is both very nice and very tough.‘
CERTUS Port Automation
Beyond Mobility Ventures
COPIA Agro & Food Technologies Fund
Anna Ventures fund
- Acted in the formation of aMoon Velocity.
- Represented the principals and the management company, Beyond Mobility Ventures, in the establishment and closing of Presidio Capital Israel Fund, a new private Israeli fund of the Sumitomo Corporation. The fund raised $30m in its closing.
- Represented COPIA Argo & Food technologies Fund in its formation and until its final closing.
Shibolet & Co. with Raved, Magriso, Benkel & Co. has a strong reputation in the Israeli tech sector, and as such, the team has a number of legal skill sets that make it an attractive choice for tech investors, especially those from Israel and China. Of particular note, the firm has developed specialisms in fintech and blockchain technology, and has been involved in the formation of several funds focusing on crypto and blockchain assets. Lior Aviram is a key figure in the firm's hi-tech practice, Orit Sternhell-Zaltzman has experience of venture capital formation and management, and Omer Ben-Zvi has also been rated by clients.
‘They are very experienced in this practice field, and in serving clients from China in particular.‘
‘They focus on long-term relationship building, and are very attentive to cultural differences. We appreciate Omer Ben-Zvi’s work the most.‘
China Merchants Capital Fund
Vertex IV (C.I.) Fund
Azini Capital Partners
Technion Investment Opportunities Fund
Vertex Venture Capital
Copia Agro & Food Fund
- Acted for The Trendlines Group in the formation of Singapore-based fund in the field of Agrifood- Trendlines Agrifood. The fund is dedicated to making investments in early- to late- stage tech companies focusing on agricultural and food technologies.
- Representing Hachshara Insurance Company in joining ICP as a limited partner in a fund.
- Advised on the formation of a Cayman Islands open-ended hedge fund focused on ventures related to digital assets, blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies.
By virtue of its work in the Israeli tech industry, Tulchinsky Stern Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co. has built up considerable experience in VC financing and investment transactions. The firm also counts two particularly prolific investment managers among its key clients - Jerusalem Venture Partners and Sanara Ventures - and in that context the firm handles various formation matters and provides comprehensive ongoing management advice. Uri Barak, Doron Stern and Alon Tabak-Aviram are names to note in the hi-tech and venture capital group.
Doron Stern; Uri Barak; Alon Tabak-Aviram
Jerusalem Venture Partners
- Representation of JVP in closing a new fund, JVP8, for which it raised $220m.
- Advised Sanara Ventures on the establishment of a new fund focusing on digital health, medical devices and other medical related disrupting technologies.