H-F & Co., which specialises in all aspects of hi-tech work, is a market leader in IP commercialisation and it frequently advises on the largest transactions in the Israeli market. The group is notably capable in handling the IP elements of M&A transactions and it assists both multinational buyers and local target companies with licensing and distribution agreements. Practice head Adi Gillat works with the tech transfer offices of leading academic institutions, and he also advises key client Google on database registration and privacy protection related to the activity of Waze in Israel. Nitzan Hirsch-Falk is recommended for cybersecurity matters.
Firms in the Spotlight Intellectual property: commercial/transactions
Reinhold Cohn & Partners
Reinhold Cohn Group (RCG) is the leading intellectual property firm in Israel. As the largest and earliest established IP firm, RCG offers premier expertise in filing, prosecution, renewals, protection, oppositions, opinions, due diligence, freedom to operate, enforcement, litigation, licensing, commercialisation and evaluation, portfolio management and strategic counselling in all areas of intellectual property such as …View Profile...
Intellectual property: commercial/transactions in Israel
H-F & Co.
Other key lawyers:
Nitzan Hirsch-Falk; Omri Talmon
‘We find H-F & Co. Law Offices to be highly experienced and acknowledgeable in their legal field and provide a wide range legal services at a high level, their particular strength being the tech industry.’
‘The primary lawyers that we have dealt with are Adv. Nitzan Hirsch-Falk (Partner) and Dr. Adi Gillat (Partner). Our working experience with them, other than being very cooperative and pleasant, is also very professional. They both possess the ability to understanding a client’
Moovit App Ltd.
GuardKnox Cyber Technologies Ltd.
Optimax Ltd (GlassesUSA)
XM Cyber Ltd
Quantum Machines Technologies
- Advised Moovit App Ltd. on its $1bn acquisition by Intel, which involved a raft of complex commercial IP and regulatory issues. This is the largest and most exciting acquisition in the Israeli high-tech sector.
- Acted for NASDAQ-listed Mimecast on its first acquisition in Israel – that of Israeli cyber security company, Solebit Labs.
- Advised Vast Data, an award winning computer storage company and a recent Israeli unicorn, on a raft of commercial, intellectual property related, and data protection matters, including its recent $100m financing round with a valuation of $1.2bn.
Meitar Law Offices' IP practice consistently advises leading global companies and not-for-profit organisations on all aspects of M&A and investment transactions, as well as distribution and R&D agreements. The firm has an extensive licensing practice and assists innovative Israeli start-ups with licensing out their designs to multinational companies. In addition, it advises multinationals on their activities in the local market. Practice head David Mirchin, who has previously practised in the US and Japan, is well-placed to advise on cross border transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Yael Kalman; Boaz Mizrahi
Girls Who Code
- Acted for Hyundai Motor Company on an investment of up to $3m in Gauzy Ltd., in the form of convertible instrument.
- Advising Girls Who Code, a not-for-profit which aims to empower girls to learn to develop software, on the distribution of its software over the Kolibri learning platform for Syrian refugees in Jordan.
- Advising WhiteSource on the licensing of open-source vulnerability software database to Github (part of Microsoft).
Yigal Arnon & Co assists Israeli clients from the commercial and academic spheres with all transactional IP matters. The firm provides top tier advice on technology transfers, licensing, research and distribution agreements. New media is a notable area of focus; the team advises internet and e-publishing clients on copyright matters. Daniel Green, who is a co-head of the China practice, advises on cross-border commercial agreements in the health and life sciences sector. Dual-qualified in the US and Israel, Eli Greenbaum advises on all aspects of cyber law and IP commercialisation. Yoheved Novogroder-Shoshan is another key figure.
Daniel Green; Yoheved Novogroder-Shoshan
Other key lawyers:
Ido Chitman; Eli Greenbaum; Miriam Friedmann
Yeda R&D Company
Dor Alon Energy in Israel (1998) Ltd.
Enercon Technologies Ltd.
Bitum Petrochemical Industries Ltd. and Bitum Ltd
- Acting for FutuRx, a biotechnology incubator formed by Orbimed, J&J and Takeda, and its portfolio companies on IP licensing transactions.
- Advising Autotalks on all of its commercial and licensing work and on recent in-licensing agreements regarding semiconductor cores and software to be included in the Autotalks products.
- Assisted Israel Post with negotiating and acquiring the licence to print new stamps in celebration of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary's IP practice, which is led by Ian Rostowsky, assists clients from numerous sectors with the drafting of agreements that range from licensing contracts to technology transfer agreements. It also advises clients on the IP elements of M&A transactions. In addition to serving a large portfolio of private clients, the firm is also retained by the Israel Innovation Authority to assist with collaboration and master framework agreements, as well as consortium agreements as part of EU multinational R&D projects. Gal Omer is particularly active in software matters and data protection.
Other key lawyers:
‘Solid generalist practice’
Cannbit Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Nano-X Imaging Ltd.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
Paskal Technologies Agricultural Cooperative Society Ltd.
Israel Innovation Authority
Weizmann Institute of Science Entrepreneurship-Wise
The Nielsen Company
Israeli Manufacturer’s Association
Shikun & Binui
RT Aerostats Systems Ltd. / Aeronautics Ltd.
Fluence Corporation Limited
Maccabi Healthcare Services
Israeli Academy of Film and Television
The Kitchen- FoodTech Hub
Israeli Medical Association
Orcam Technologies Ltd.
Wissotzky Israel Ltd.
Better Juice Ltd.
- Advising on the acquisition of Orpheus by Intuitive, in relation to IP representations, use of open source software materials, privacy practices and data processing and anonymization.
- Handled all aspects of the acquisition by Meridian of Exalenz Bioscience Ltd. for $48m, involving Israeli law privacy and intellectual property matters.
- Advising Cannbit Pharmaceuticals Ltd. on a $15m supply agreement with a leading pharmaceutical corporation in the EU for the license and distribution of Cannbit’s products.
BFP & Co Attorneys & Notary
BFP & Co Attorneys & Notary's boutique practice frequently advises on matters that are usually reserved for larger firms. The team is regularly instructed to handle the IP elements of major M&A transactions in the technology sector and it also assists some of the world's most well-known companies with drafting strategic agreements relating to Israel. Splitting his time between the US and Israel, Avihai Schieber acts for software, security and medical device companies on cross-border commercial transactions. Founding partner Haleli Barath advises Walkme on the structuring of strategic agreements with Fortune500 companies. Avihay Ben-Haim works with start-ups at all stages of their development.
Haleli Barath; Avihay Ben-Haim
Other key lawyers:
‘Avihay Ben-Haim is an expert in IP law – we are using his services in complex legal matters and he always comes with innovative and unique approaches. ’
‘Avihay is extremely accessible, smart and innovative. ’
‘We are working with several law firms worldwide but the BFP IP team (specifically Avihay Ben-Haim) is our first go-to for external legal advice. What makes the practice different from other law firms is they provide both excellent legal advice and a deep understanding of the industry, including understanding the need to be business oriented.’
‘We work predominantly with Avihay Ben-Haim and he has expansive interdisciplinary knowledge in many legal fields and is quick to understand the issues and provide us with creative solutions covering all aspects, allowing us to avoid needing to consult additional legal experts in other specific fields (data privacy, employment, corporate) to resolve a matter.’
‘The team has been part of the Company’s journey even before there was an in-house legal department and they remain committed to the success and development of the company. They remain knowledgeable about the business and technology aspects of the Company which is useful when consulting on various issues that impact the Company. The are very responsive and make themselves available to the fast-pace of the start up world. Overall, they definitely know what they are doing and are a great extended member of the Company’s team.’
‘Avihay Ben-Haim is one of the best attorneys I have worked with. He is extremely knowledgeable, business-oriented and has a deep understanding of the law and technology. He is extremely sharp and responsive and it is a pleasure to speak with him as he always has a warm and professional demeanour. As an in-house legal department, you need to know that you have outside counsel that really knows not only the law but your business and Avihay does just that. He is has a remarkable ability in understanding how to balance the law and the needs of the business. Overall he is wonderful to work with.’
‘The team has over 25 years of experience in IP and knows how to weave the IP aspects into every deal of financing and M&A’
‘Haleli Barath has a strategic view about the IP matters as well as the business activities and knows to put the right weight for IP in different sectors’
Athena Debugger Ltd.
Eleven Therapeutics Ltd.
Empow CyberSecurity Ltd.
Saguna Networks Ltd.
Quantum China Israel Innovation
Eybna Technologies Ltd.
- Advised TATA Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) on the first strategic transaction of its kind of a licensing and pioneering the first Service Bureau Software Banking Environment to the first independent bank established in Israel in over 40 years.
- Acted for Facebook on a series of development and licensing transactions with a number of developers to integrate a COVID 19 Bot into Facebook’s Workplace offering and marketplace.
- Advising Walkme on a range of IP and privacy issues, including devising new IP strategy for EU and APAC counselling on master agreements with Fortune 500 companies, strategic licensing agreements, IP acquisitions and data privacy matters in Israel, US and EU.
FISCHER (FBC & Co.) advises both domestic Israeli clients and global multinational companies on the full spectrum of IP transactions, and its team frequently works with the firm's first-class corporate practice to advise on the IP elements of M&A transactions. Complex technology projects are a particular area of specialism, with the firm having advised key clients Google and Israel Discount Bank on multiple initiatives. Amit Dat assists technology-focused clients with all the commercial aspects of IP, including investment in software companies, licensing and development agreements.
Other key lawyers:
Omri Rachum-Twaig; Kobi Barkan
‘Very professional team. Willing to learn and explore new evolving fields. Very well connected to the costumer’s needs. Responsive and work in high pace. ’
‘The firm is recruiting lawyers who adhere to the firm’s culture which was developed for few decades. Thus the individuals you work with are sharp, competitive and agile. ’
‘To me the thing that stood out was Amit’s quick adaptation to the various situations and the different needs of us as a clients during the negotiations.’
‘The team is very responsive and the service is professional. The personal service is above all.’
‘The quick response at any time. The ability to negotiate in a fair way makes them acceptable eve in difficult situations.’
‘What makes this practice unique – high knowledgeable very o fast thinking and understanding, great communication, very efficient service. How it compares to other firms – during the last 40 years I was working with many law firms, FBC firm is the best beyond any doubt.’
‘We have been working with the FBC for the past 4 years, from inception of the company until now. The team is highly dedicated to the company and its needs. They have an exceptional team of hard-working, extremely professional lawyers and even when some questions are new they will find the right connection to resolve these gaps. On top of the professionalism they are an amazing group of people which we are able to connect on a personal basis which is very important for us as well.’
‘I believe that the personal aspect of the relationship has such a big impact on the professional side. So when you can interact on a personal level on top of the rich and exceptional professional skills makes this a package that I have yet to experience anywhere else.’
Southern Israel Bridging Fund, L.P.
Google Israel Ltd.
Qualcomm Ventures LLC
Fiverr International Ltd.
Reshet Media Ltd.
News 10 Ltd.
Israel Discount Bank Ltd.
Pitango Venture Capital
ECI Telecom Group
Leumi Partners Ltd.
Claridge Israel L.P.
Kimberly-Clark Israel Ltd.
Claltech (2008) Limited Partnership
Lama Productions Ltd.
Spiro Films Ltd.
Gum Films Ltd.
Masha Productions Ltd.
Israel Hayom Ltd.
Makor Rishon Newspaper LP
- Providing ongoing advice to Google on IP commercialization/risks in a technology rollout project.
- Advised ECI Telecom Group on IP matters connected with its $485m sale to Ribbon Communications.
- Advised Reshet Media Ltd. and its affiliates on a variety of IP matters, including agreements and legal opinions on various commercial issues, including production, creation and commercialization of content, use of formats, royalty collection.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co.'s IP practice works with its top-tier technology group to advise multinational and domestic companies on the IP elements of M&A deals, large-scale licensing transactions and the structuring of commercial agreements. The head of the corporate and technology department is Sharon Gazit, who handles IP licensing for pharmaceutical companies, incubators and research centres. Sharon Aloni assists with the drafting of research and development, manufacturing and maintenance agreements. Benjamin Rotenberg and Amir Vang arrived in 2020 as part of the firm's merger with Rotenberg & Co.
Other key lawyers:
Sharon Aloni; Benjamin Rotenberg; Amir Vang; Judy Amidor
‘The firm provides us with very professional services. They always have the professional expertise and the way to articulate the current status and the recommendations in Hebrew and in English. ’
‘I am very pleased with the team’s work. The team’s particular strengths are: high professionalism, thoroughness, courtesy, caring for the client’s needs and constant learning.’
‘I am extremely pleased with their work. They have been advising me for a long period, especially Amir. They are all very professional, intelligent, thorough and courteous. Amir is an expert in antitrust law, copyright law, regulatory matters, privacy protection law, consumer protection law. ’
‘fast response and availability, expertise’
‘Dedicated and expert individuals’
EMC Israel Development Center Ltd.
Applied Materials Ltd.
Tel Aviv – Yafo Municipality
Celeno Communications (Israel) Ltd.
Comtech Telecommunications Corporation
Alonyal Ltd., McDonald’s Israel.
Prospera Technologies Ltd.
NMC United Entertainment Ltd
The Arison Group
New Lineo Cinema (2006) Ltd.
- Providing ongoing legal services to Dell EMC group regarding intellectual property matters and IIA grants for over a decade.
- Providing ongoing legal services to Applied Materials regarding complex licensing and intellectual property agreements.
- Providing ongoing legal services to EarlySense regarding IP matters and commercial technology agreements.
Since its establishment in 2018, Gornitzky & Co.'s IP practice has quickly developed a reputation for advising on complex, cross border commercial agreements. Primarily focusing on patents, the group advises clients from the medical and software sectors on agreements relating to licensing, asset purchases and distribution rights. Practice head Ziv Rotenberg, who previously led the China office of a highly reputable IP firm, is well-placed to assist local Israeli clients with establishing agreements with Chinese companies in order to manufacture products based on their designs.
SuperTrans Medical Ltd.
- Advised SuperTrans Medical on an option agreement to extend a license to certain patents owned by Stanford University to additional fields of use.
Horn & Co
Hi-tech and life sciences boutique Horn & Co is well-placed to advise on agreements between academic institutions and pharmaceutical companies to license the production of patented inventions. Experienced in all areas of the health sector, the firm also assists with the structuring of clinical trial agreements, research and development and strategic partnering. Firm founder Yuval Horn has expertise in all areas of technology transactions and corporate finance, while Ohad Mamann works with start-ups entering research agreements with prestigious universities.
Other key lawyers:
Ohad Mamann; Keren Kanir
Protalix Biotherapeutics Inc.
Vascular Biogenics Ltd.
Biolight Life Sciences Ltd.
Zebra Medical Vision
Lutris Pharma Ltd.
- Advised NTB Pharma on an exclusive licensing agreement with Columbia University and NYU for the licensing of innovative immuno-oncology and cancer immunotherapy utilizing the SLAM family receptors.
- Advised Neovii Biopharmaceuticals GmbH, a startup company formed under the laws of Switzerland, on an exclusive licensing agreement with Tel Aviv University for the licence of an innovative platform developed by Prof. Jonathan Gershoni including his innovative vaccine design for the corona family of viruses.
- Advised Lutris Pharma Ltd., an Israeli startup developing novel dermatologic therapeutics, on an exclusive license agreement with Memorial Sloan Kettering for the licensing of innovative technology in the field of use of BRAF inhibitors for treating cutaneous reactions.
With offices in the US and UK, Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz is able to advise on cross border licensing transactions (most notably in the telecoms and pharmaceutical sectors), as well as the IP elements of M&A transactions. Zeev Pearl, who is one of the firm's founders, works with global companies on the IP aspects of their operations in Israel. Fellow founder Mark Cohen leads the life sciences group and splits his practice between Tel Aviv and New York. Yael Baratz represents the technology transfer companies of academic research institutions.
Zeev Pearl; Yael Baratz; Mark Cohen
Other key lawyers:
Haim Ravia; Yoav Alkalay; Dotan Hammer
‘A unique law firm for Israel due to its strong IP knowledge combined with an excellent business approach.’
‘All the lawyers I have been in touch with have it in their DNA to be very responsive, to be smart people and approachable. They are positive and look for solutions, not problems’
‘The team has very strong IP and technology knowhow. They also have the ability to consider the customer’s business interests first and not recommend legal activity when not essential. This honesty and transparency are very important for us.’
‘Zeev Pearl is outstanding in providing IP consultation with both legal and business mindsets. His technical expertise and natural curiosity helps in understanding technology issues.’
Telit Wireless Communication PLC
Verily Life Sciences aka Google Health
Dexcel Pharma Technologies Ltd.
Rafael Advances Defense Systems Ltd.
OPKO Health Inc.
Orgenesis Inc. (NASDAQ: ORGS)
Prilenia Neurotherapeutics Ltd
Galimedix Therapeutics Inc
Ayala Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Advising Telit Communications PLC, a leading IoT connectivity company on its licensing work with major telecom companies and in licensing negotiations over standard essential patents with multiple patent holders worldwide.
- Advising Ayala Pharmaceuticals, a clinical stage precision oncology company, on commercial agreements, such as research agreements, consulting commercial and licensing agreements, as well as the IP aspects of its planned IPO.
- Acting for Orgenesis, a global service provider in the regenerative medicine industry, and its subsidiaries in the United States, Israel, Belgium and Korea, on the full scope of IP services.
S. Horowitz & Co assists various parties with licensing and research and development agreements, including start-ups, investors and multinationals. Its client base spans the telecoms, software, clean-tech and life sciences sectors. The firm's standout strength is in working with research institutions; it acts for large clients such as Yeda on all aspects of the commercialisation of their IP rights. Aharon Bloch, who heads up the practice, works with the technology transfer offices of academic institutions. Avi Ordo leads the prosecution department and advises leading production companies on agreements with global online distributors.
Other key lawyers:
Avi Ordo; Dovev Apel; Moran Katz; Keith Shaw; Itamar Shimonovitz
‘S Horowitz provides excellent, cost-effective advice across a wide variety of trade mark and copyright matters. Their business-friendly advice covers everything from TM clearance to prosecution to resolving conflicts in an expeditious manner. their attorneys are very easy to work with, and they are extremely responsive.’
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (“Teva”)
Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd.
Lime and Stone Production Company Ltd.
K.I. Research Institute (R.A.)
Chengdu Kanghong Pharmaceutical Co Ltd.
- Assisting Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd with a tripartite Research Collaboration & Funding Agreement with a major multinational pharma company and an Israeli start-up company.
- Assisting Sadan Publishing, which aspires to be “the Westlaw of Israel”, with the digitisation of its entire catalogue. This includes the renegotiation of all contracts with authors and with third party licensors of content.
- Advised BullGuard Israel Ltd., a company which develops products in the “internet of things” space, on the sale of its assets to Forescout Technologies, a US cyber security company listed on NASDAQ.
Shibolet & Co.'s licensing practice ranges from traditional agreements to complex cross-border multiparty technology developments, as well as IP-driven M&A and research agreements. The firm stands out for its tech transfer work, where it advises academic institutions, inventors, incubators and start-ups. Tamir Afori focuses on copyright matters and advises global media companies on their agreements with authors and content creators. Iris Pappo, who joined from BFP & Co Attorneys & Notary in 2020, acts for domestic hi-tech companies on all IP commercialisation matters, and she also handles antitrust law issues.
Tamir Afori; Tal Karplus; Iris Pappo
The Technion Research and Development Foundation Ltd., at the Israel Institute of Technology,
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Life Science Research Israel – Commercialization arm of Israel Institute for Biological Research.
The Trendlines Medical Ltd. and its portfolio companies
Golan Heights Winery Ltd.
Ceragon Networks Ltd
Microbot Medical Inc.
Elbit Systems Ltd.
Mifal hapais (Israeli lottery operator)
Golan plastic industries
Xtend Scientific Ltd.
IPT Medical Ltd.
BIRAD – Research & Development Company Ltd., at the Bar Ilan University, Israel.
The Kitchen FoodTech hub
IDE Technologies Ltd.
Beyeonics Surgical Ltd.
Epitomee medical Ltd
- Advising Tactile Mobility Ltd. on a series of strategic commercial agreements, including the customization by Tactile Mobility of its embedded software for BMW and licensing of the customization results to BMW, with the anticipation to equip 3 million BMW vehicles with Tactile Mobility’s software.
- Acted for commercial radio broadcasters on negotiations, which ended in a historic agreement that sets the standard for music royalty calculations in Israel.
- Advising Mifal Hapayis (Israel national lottery) on all of its ongoing IP matters, which recently included two patent matters, various trade mark matters and copyright matters.
AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co is widely recognised for its expertise in the media sector, with it advising many of Israel's largest broadcasting companies on royalties collection and production agreements. Having won an Israel Public Broadcasting Corporation tender, the group advises key client KAN on all IP matters related to the commissioning of television programmes and acquiring broadcasting rights. Founding partner Eyal Roy Sage combines his knowledge of antitrust law with IP expertise to assist dominant technology providers with the structuring of agreements.
Eyal Roy Sage
Israel Credit Cards Ltd.
Partner Communications Company Ltd.
Hot Telecommunications Systems
Pelephone Communications Ltd.
El Al Israel Airlines Ltd.
Menora Mivtachim Insurance Ltd
Maccabi Haifa F.C
The Northern Radio Holdings Ltd
Teleclal Group Ltd.
Ono Academic College.
Afcon Holdings Lt
- Renegotiating complex contracts between Microsoft and consulting firms, as well as agreements for the outsourced development of software and hardware, and IP licensing contracts for PR campaigns.
- Advising Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation on negotiating TV format licences, and drafting TV, digital, and combined TV/Digital production and co-production agreements, including in international cooperation with broadcasters.
- Advising various media companies on negotiations with Israel’s six copyright royalty collection societies.
Gross Law Firm – GKH's IP team frequently works with its hi-tech and banking practices to assist parties involved in M&A or investment transactions with the protection of their designs and brands. Practice head Ella Tevet is 'one of a kind'; her client base ranges from cutting-edge software, cyber and e-commerce companies to businesses from more traditional industries, such as banking. At associate level, Roee Laor handles a broad spectrum of IP and data privacy agreements.
‘Ella Tevet and her team are excellent and fantastic and they handle complex transactions. The team is very talented, through, dedicated and professional and provide both legal and business advise. Their availability is high and the quality of their deliverables is exceptional. They are available for us around the clock and provide immediate responses. Cannot compare them to any other law firm.’
‘Ella Tevet has a wide range of experience in commercial IP and privacy law and she has excellent attention to detail. She is exceptionally responsive, always available for us and attuned to our specific needs. She is remarkable lawyer; one of a kind. We feel the same regarding Roee Laor that works at her team.’
‘All in all, we are very satisfied of our engagement with GKH’s IP and privacy practice and its attorneys, particularly Ms. Ella Tevet (head of the practice) and Mr. Roee Laor, who have over recent years been attentive to our needs, provided legal advice and services of the highest quality, made themselves available to us at any and all times, produced concise, professional and intelligible documents and advice and are also very agreeable, friendly and a great pleasure to work with.’
‘I find the individuals that we work with extremely service-oriented and professional. They take the time to understand the business I work with and as such, provide legal advice and inputs which are business specific. This is crucial for the business we work in. The people are open to hear our suggestions and weigh our inputs heavily. They take the time to explain the different meanings and consequences of any legal red line or action we wish to take.‘
‘Ella Tevet’s extensive experience in all areas of IP and privacy matters really shows her ability to produce a highly trusted outcome. Her turnaround time and responsiveness are unbelievable. I have worked with many attorneys in the past and she is absolutely the best. Ella will always find the way to make it work, in a legal manner.‘
‘The IP legal knowledge department in the company have a very broad and up-to-date knowledge of all aspects and needs of technology companies of all kinds, including the global aspects. This includes broad knowledge in technological contexts, privacy, regulation, standardisation and legislation in Israel and around the world. In addition, there is all the knowledge required to establish legal infrastructure for the needs of IP investment agreements, predicted of all kinds and all the legal infrastructure for establishing technologies companies and supporting them on an ongoing basis.’
‘The team we are working with is very skilled, experienced and very responsible, caring, closes edges and very professional. It can be said that they can be trusted to see almost all the problems that are expected in the agreement at first glance. And this is rare from our experience with other offices.’
Amiad Filtration Systems
Hapoalim (Switzerland) Ltd
Rise Up Ltd
Accelmed Growth Partners
Accessible Labs Ltd
Alipay Singapore Holding Pte Ltd
American Well Corporation
Bank Hapoalim B.M
Beezer Technologies Ltd.
Brightman Almagor Zohar & Co.
Clal Biotechnology Industries Ltd.
Cronos Group Inc
Else – Indi
GT GetTaxi Services Israel Ltd
Hanaco Venture Capital Ltd
Highr Pattern Ltd
Hoopo Systems Ltd
Infront Sports & Media AG
Insight Venture Partners
IonTerra Transportation and Aviation Technologies Ltd
Kitov Pharmaceuticals Holdings Ltd
Leo – Chief of Stuff, Inc
Maalot – S&P Global Rating
Relocation Source Ltd
Rhenium Oncotest Ltd.
Salt Security, Inc.
Sol-Gel Technologies Ltd.
- Acted for Ribbon Communication Inc. on the merger transaction with ECI Telecom Group Ltd., with respect to all Israeli commercial, IP and privacy aspects.
- Acted for Vitruvian Partners LLP. on an investment transaction of Global-e Online Ltd. with respect to all commercial, IP and privacy aspects.
- Advising Insight Venture Partners on all IP and privacy aspects (licensing, open source, Israeli Innovation Authority, IP assignments, IP disputes, encryption permits, etc.) in relation to its investments and acquisitions in Israel.
Herzog Fox & Neeman advises clients from numerous sectors on the commercialisation of their IP rights, and it is particularly strong in the areas of gaming and e-commerce. Team head Karen Elburg is experienced in handling the IP aspects of M&A transactions; in a recent highlight, she advised Microsoft on its acquisition of CyberX. Adar Bengom's practice focuses on IP in the seed industry and plant breeder's rights.
Other key lawyers:
Adar Bengom; Jenia Melkhior; Gal Eschet
‘The team led by Gal Eschet is knowledgeable, familiar with our industry, our needs and priorities. Their recommendations are reasonable and not just made up to be right’
‘Gal brings the right people to each deal but he is always in the front and takes full ownership on the preparation of each negotiation. ’
‘Well-established technology transactions practice, able to advise on the full range of IT and IP issues, from “mundane” day-to-day stuff to complex technology and commercial transactions and strategic IP licensing and M&A.’
‘Very responsive and smart’
‘HFN and Karen Elburg in particular has been providing to our Company excellent legal consulting services that are related to intellectual property, copyright and other contract law and agreement-related issues, including business (customers) negotiations, either commercial or for academic partnerships. I have been working with Karen Elburg for approximately 20 years. Karen has proven to be VERY professional. She surely know in depth the related laws, but much more than that, she very well knows and is experienced with the practices related to this. Other important factors are that she provides great service and she is always available so that the support is immediate. ’
‘Karen is very professional, Very well experienced, understands quickly the business situation, the challenges, provides very smart and professional ways how to resolve them. Finally, always in a very positive attitude, always available that let us feel valued.’
‘I work with Karen Elburg. She is excellent. Very professional, I trust her judgment and she responds in time. ’
Mellanox Technologies Ltd.
Novolog The Health Care Group
Seach Medical Group Ltd.
LDRS Group Ltd.
DoIT International Ltd.
- Advised SBTech, a major provider of online sports betting and gaming platforms, on the IP aspects of its reverse triangular merger with DraftKings Inc., a leading US fantasy sports operator, into a publicly listed NASDAQ SPAC.
- Acted for Microsoft on its acquisition of CyberX Ltd., an Israeli cyber company specializing in providing OT and IoT cyber solutions.
- Acting for Dremio, a developer of an innovative open source-based data analytics platform, on all legal aspects of its global licensing and commercial activities, including recently in a number of transactions of strategic importance to Dremio with various Fortune 100 and other companies.