Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration in Israel
Erdinast, Ben Nathan, Toledano & Co.'s first-rate disputes group has expertise in the full range of high-value, complex litigation proceedings. The team is also strong in cross-border disputes, and many of the team have practised or studied in the US. Founding partner Giora Erdinast represents companies and private individuals in a variety of disputes; class actions are a particular specialism. Tomer Weissman frequently represents large banks and recently acted for Ukraine's largest bank in a $600m dispute. Ran Sprinzak serves as an arbitrator in commercial arbitration proceedings.
Giora Erdinast; Ran Sprinzak; Tomer Weissman
Other key lawyers:
Naama Ehrlich; Nir Friedman
‘The litigators from EBN appear before me on a regular basis in a variety of cases (class actions, shareholders’ disputes, contract disputes, etc.) which involve the biggest players in the Israeli business arena. The litigators from EBN are able to put forward sophisticated well-drafted arguments and they have great attention to details.’
‘Giora Erdinast is a brilliant litigator. Ran Sprinzak leads very sophisticated cases. He has a very profound understanding of both the law and of the cases he handles. Tomer Weissman is very creative and convincing because of his integrity.’
‘Very well organize team, by the leadership of Ran, all of them were very professional and available to our needs 24/7. ’
‘From the very first moments they show that they understand the main issue, and choose to recommend us the selected strategy, that in the bottom line was successful. ’
‘Litigation team around Ran Sprinzak is extraordinary in its diligence. Very sharp minds and very quick.’
‘Ran Sprinzak is a sharp and cool head, very reassuring. Nir Nordan is very diligent and has a good grasp of the case. Senior associate Yuval Naim should be one of the rising stars in this sector.’
‘They are very thorough and their litigation strategy is well thought out.’
‘Ran Sprintzak is an excellent litigator ’
‘Knowledgeable and efficient team with extensive experience in handling complex disputes and class actions.’
‘Tomer Weissman is a skilled litigator with extensive experience in complex commercial disputes. He is always accessible and hard working.’
‘The team, of all levels, is extremely professional; Very responsive to client’s requests; very meticulous.’
‘Giora Erdinast – has proved himself to be one of the top litigators in Israel. While being a managing partner, he is personally involved in every strategy move and is oriented on the details of each case, providing a high comfort level to the clients. Ran Shpintzak – a partner in the firm; has proved himself to be an excellent litigator as well as a strategic thinker; Tomer Weissman – a partner in the firm; has proved himself to be an excellent litigator; very fast to react to developing situations; extremely responsive to client requests; a broad thinker and understands not just the legal aspects but also the business needs of clients.’
Joint Stock Company Commercial Bank PrivatBank
Mabat Logisti – E. M. Log Ltd.
Mr. Micha Levi
4A Desalination Ltd.
NICE Systems Ltd.
The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust
NSO Group Technologies Ltd.
Bank Hapoalim Ltd.
Derech Eretz Highways Management Corporation Ltd.
Directors and officers of the Better Place Group, including the CEO of Better Place Israel
Mediterranean Car Agency (“MCA”)
Bank Mizrahi Tefahot Ltd.
Israeli Electric Corporation
Nesher – Israel Cement Enterprises Ltd.
Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL) and its subsidiaries: Dead Sea Works Ltd. and Mifalei Tovala Ltd.
Mr. Ron Itzhaki
UVDA; Keshet Broadcasting Ltd.
Leumi Partners Ltd., the Tene Investments Funds and Kibbutz Hanita
Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
Moti Ben Moshe
- Acting for PrivatBank in a case that alleges that $1.2bn of the bank’s money was misappropriated and smuggled into Israel in a long series of systemic money transfers in 2007-2011, which were orchestrated by the bank’s former owners.
- Representing Bank Mizrahi Tefahot, Israel’s third-largest bank, in its acquisition of Bank Igud Ltd. (TASE: UNON), the sixth-largest bank in Israel. Successfully appealed before the Israeli Competition Tribunal.
- Representing NSO in a petition regarding the use by a foreign government of NSO’s surveillance system to penetrate the mobile phone of an Amnesty International employee; the court accepted the client’s position and denied the petition.
One of the strongest litigation teams in Israel, Fischer Behar Chen Well Orion & Co represents clients in first instance and appellate courts, as well as before judicial forums and tribunals such as the tax authority, competition authority and patent registrar. The main disputes group is further strengthened by specialist litigators in other departments who specialise in competition, tax and employment. Reuven Behar and Gil Orion lead the practice; the former acts as an arbitrator in complex commercial proceedings, while the latter frequently represents tech companies in a broad range of disputes. Chen Cohen is the name to note at associate level.
Reuven Behar; Gil Orion
Other key lawyers:
Tamar Turjeman-Kedem; Meital Ben-Basat; Tal Wiesengrun; Yael Riemer; Oded Revivo; Chen Cohen
‘Very professional with a huge experience and expertise, but at the same time very down to earth and practical. Excellent communication skills. Could be very tough if needed, but always in style.’
‘My main point of contact has been Gil Orion, a senior partner in the firm. Gil is extremely knowledgeable and experienced individual, but always with a practical approach. He can see the other party perspective as well and prepare for it. He is very well connected in Israel with excellent relationships with many lawyers, judges, arbitrators, etc. Gil is a class act in terms of personal style and a very pleasant individual to work with.’
Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Marriott)
Danaher Corporation (Alpha Bio)
State of Israel
The Knesset, the Israeli Parliament
Ford Motor Company
Bezeq the Israeli Telecommunication Corporation Ltd
Airlines – eg: Lufthansa, Swissair, Delta Air Lines, British Airways, Ryanair
EY – Israel
Isramco Negev-2 LP, Tamar Petroleum Ltd., Dor Gas Exploration LP, Everest Infrastructures LP
Eilat Ashkelon Pipeline Co. (EAPC)
Shikun & Binui Arison Group
Assa Abloy AB (part of the Mul-T-lock Group)
Alon the Israeli Gas Company
- Representated Facebook in a civil claim along with a motion for interim injunction in the Tel Aviv District Court and the appeal before the Supreme Court.
- Representated senior officers of Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank Ltd. (Israel’s third largest bank) in an Independent Committee, headed by a retired judge, to review the managerial and control process that had enabled MTB’s American costumers to evade tax payments in hundreds of millions NIS using MTB group’s businesses.
- Representated Huawei Tech. Investments Co. Ltd., a Hong Kong company in a high-value NIS lawsuit in connection with a cooperation and exclusive distribution agreement signed in Israel and in the Palestinian Authority.
Gornitzky & Co. represents large clients in complex, high-stakes litigation and arbitration proceedings across a wide variety of sectors. In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the team has been engaged by companies in disputes relating to the frustration of contracts and payment defaults. Firm chairman Pinhas Rubin has a reputation for handling some of the largest and most important commercial disputes in the region, and is particularly active for banks and large companies in tax disputes. Ofer Tzur leads the practice and is heavily involved with creditors' arrangements and proceedings relating to restructurings, insolvency and bankruptcy. Kfir Yadgar has a broad commercial practice in addition to acting as managing partner.
Pinhas Rubin; Ofer Tzur
Other key lawyers:
Kfir Yadgar; Maya Sabari; Harel Shaham; Ofer Fleischer
‘Gornitzky’s litigation and arbitration team led by head of litigation is second to none. They are always alert to the client needs, available at all times, very trained and skilful with vast knowledge and experience. Judges pay the utmost respect. Most of the team is multidisciplinary so they know their commercials as well as litigation.’
‘Senior partner and head of litigation Advocate Ofer Tzur litigation skills are renowned all over, both in Israel and aboard. He is probably the best litigator in Israel. He is fearsome, dedicated to achieve his client’s goals. If you want to win a case, better have him on your side. I might also say, as someone who shared cases with him, that he always comes with a solution to any case, even the hardest ones. To that will testify his winning track record.’
‘Litigation team lead by Ofer Tzur is the most capable professional legal team to deal with crises.’
‘Litigation process is a rather long process at times and you always want to work with the best team that can successfully navigate us to a successful outcome. Gornitzky’s litigation team is very unique given the entire team skill set and collaboration and engagement with the company in the different litigation stages. Starting from learning the case, high-level brainstorming with the company, outlying the proposed winning strategy and throughout the execution and multiple stages, we were surrounded by a team of professionals. Steering meetings and gate reviews were established with the company and we felt as if the entire process was orchestrated exceptionally well. We always felt we were in safe-hands.’
‘Ofer Tzur is a brilliant strategist, very experienced, outlines the recommended strategy and instils the confidence you need to go through a long litigation process. Ofer Tzur is someone you always want on your side. Ofer Fleicher is very experienced and highly professional litigator. Ofer managed the litigation work along with a very professional litigation team and was also able to articulate the entire litigation process through the different stages to the company.’
‘Ofer Tzur never gives up. Always finds the right and smart way to attack. He is VERY reputable in court, you can’t miss his performance. High skills and always get good results’
Better Place Group – former officers of the Better Place Group –Idan Ofer, Amir Elstein and Eran Sarig.
Isramco Inc., Delek Group
The Wexner Foundation
Shikun and Binui
The Phoenix Holdings Ltd
Menorah Mivtachim Holdings Ltd
Elco Group Ltd.
Mekorot Water Co. Ltd.
D.B.S. SATELLITE SERVICES (1998) LTD
CRTG- China Railway Tunnel Group & Shikun & Binui – Solel Boneh (Building and Infrastructure) Ltd
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev; BGN Technologies Ltd.
Twitter Inc. and Twitter International Ltd.
- Acted for former officers of the Better Place Group – in a motion for the dismissal of a claim filed by the liquidator of the companies against 22 defendants in the amount of $55.5m.
- Acted for Isramco Inc., Delek Group in procedures concerning royalties due to the clients from Tamar gas field.
- Acted for Property and Building corp. Ltd and Hadarim Properties Ltd. (“PBC”) in a dispute centred on an agreement for the sale of PBC holdings for approximately $250m.
The largest firm in Israel, Meitar Law Offices' litigation group is over 100 strong, and as such is able to handle a huge volume of complex disputes across numerous areas. The firm is notable for its stellar client base, acting for large multinational companies from the technology, pharmaceutical, media and banking sectors in both local and cross-border disputes. Israel Leshem leads the practice and focuses on corporate, securities, commercial and product liability matters, while Eyal Rosovsky is experienced in administrative and constitutional matters. Avi Licht, formerly Deputy Attorney General of the State of Israel, was a new arrival in 2019.
Other key lawyers:
Eyal Rosovsky; Avi Licht; Nadav Weisman; Ali Bursztyn
‘Nadav Weisman and his team are very professional with high level of service.’
‘Reli Leshem, Nadav Weisman and their team are very professional and helpful.’
‘Excellent, first tier firm for high profile litigation and arbitration’
‘Reli Leshem is among the best in the market–very polished and very skilled advocate; they also have a large number of stars around him.’
‘The entire team is very professional and they give solid advice.’
‘Very professional and well aimed at multinationals and litigation. Very well equipped to dealing with large and complex cases.’
Oil Refineries ltd.
Mediterranean Car Agency, Korea Motors Israel, Mr. Michael Levi, Mr. Achiad Levi
Mizrahi Tefahot Bank
Alfa Duty Free Holdings S.A.R.L. and Gebr. Heinemann SE & Co. KG and Gebr. Heinemann Russia Holding Verwaltungs GmbH (previously Gebr. Heinemann Israel GmbH)
- Representation of Alstom Transport SA, a French multinational company, in arbitration proceedings with NTA – Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd., a government-owned company, in connection with the design and implementation of the mass transit system project in the Tel Aviv metropolitan area.
- Represented Bazan in two administrative petitions and a motion to cancel an administrative halt order.
- Defended GSK in a claim by an Israeli generic company, Unipharm, alleging misuse of the patent laws, and illegal filing of patent applications, in order to illegally monopolise the market for the drug Seroxat (a psychiatric drug) in violation of the antitrust and competition laws.
S. Horowitz & Co consistently operates at the highest level in all areas of litigation, and is routinely active in the most high-value complex disputes in the market, many of which set important precedents. The group excels in banking work, representing several of Israel's most significant banks and financial institutions. Alex Hertman co-leads the practice and specialises in corporate disputes including hostile takeovers, shareholder disputes and creditors’ rights issues. Fellow co-head Yehoshua Horesh operates a broad practice with a particular focus on the real estate, construction and infrastructure sectors.
Alex Hertman; Yehoshua Horesh
Other key lawyers:
Ehud Arzi; Eliya Zunz-Koller; Benjamin Sheffer
‘Top Israeli litigation team. No legal question is too complex for this team of exceptional lawyers. Adv. Hertman is personally a legend among the Israeli legal community, and for justified reasons. ’
‘Adv. Hertman has professional integrity that reflects on the client and the legal case.’
Israel Electric Corporation
Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering Ltd. & Shapir Impresa Pizzarotti & C. S.p.A
Paz Oil Company Ltd.
Energean Israel Limited, Energean E&P Holdings Limited.
Google LLC, Google Israel Ltd. and YouTube LLC.
IDE Technologies Ltd. and S.M.S IDE Ltd.
CRRC, Changchun Railway Vehicles. Ltd.
The Phoenix Insurance Company Ltd.
Oron Group Investments & Holdings Ltd.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Minrav Group/ Minrav Engineering and Construction Ltd.
Property and building Corp. Limited
The First International Bank of Israel
Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank Ltd.
Israel Discount Bank Ltd.
Readymix Industries (Israel) Ltd.
IDB Development Corporation Ltd.
- Represented Energean Israel Limited and Energean Holdings E&P Limited, in a claim filed against them and other related companies, by Tsabar Group, which allegedly is controlled by Mr. Benny Steinmetz.
- Represented Shapir, the largest infrastructure company in Israel, which handles the largest and most complex projects, within the framework of PPP, amounting to billions of NIS.
- Represented IDE Technologies Ltd. in litigation proceedings relating to a tender for the construction and operation of a desalination facility in the Western Galilee.
Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co.
Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co. has a strong track handling a range of disputes, from class actions through to securities and antitrust matters. The team is also notable for its arbitration practice, and represents large companies in proceedings against the state of Israel. Founding partner Zvi Agmon acts for both domestic and international clients from a number of sectors, including energy, banking, construction and pharmaceuticals. Yoav Hirsh is a sought after arbitrator and mediator, most particularly for corporate and banking disputes. Dana Hen is also noted.
Zvi Agmon; Yoav Hirsh; Uri Sorek; Tal Mayshar
Other key lawyers:
Zeev Gutreich; Ram Shchory; Dana Hen
‘Professional, service oriented’
‘Up to date, service oriented, professional.’
Past and current directors of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Noble Energy Mediterranean Limited
Shapir Industries Ltd.
Malam Systems Ltd.
Former directors and officers from Israel’s Discount Investment Corporation Ltd.
Ratio Oil Ltd., and its board members
Delek Israel Ltd.
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
Union Bank Ltd.
Alon Blue Square Israel Ltd
The Board of directors of Palram Industries Ltd
Haim Rave – founder of “the Intern” magazine
Stone Mining LTD.
19 past and present directors in Union Bank Ltd
Herzel Habbas Entrepreneurship Ltd., Baruch Habbas Entrepreneurship Ltd., Joseph Habbas Entrepreneurship Ltd.
- Represented Bank Hapoalim Ltd.’s Officials and Hapoalim (Switzerland) Ltd officials in 2 derivative suits.
- Successfully represented Noble Energy in a few petitions filed to the Israeli High Court and Administrative Court,
- Represented Union Bank in its appeal against the General Director’s decision to oppose the merger between Union Bank and Mizrahi Tefahot Bank.
A boutique litigation practice, Berkman & Co is selective in the disputes in which it acts, focusing on complex matters before the higher courts and those of high public interest. The firm is particularly strong in control battles, acting for founders, board members and other shareholders, as well as in derivative actions and discrimination. Ron Berkman, the firm's founding partner, is a key practitioner alongside fellow practice heads Nachum Kubovsky and Gilad Porat; the former is experienced in challenging tender decisions, while the latter works with foreign companies on their dealings in Israel.
Ron Berkman; Nachum Kubovsky; Gilad Porat
Israel Chemicals Group
Mr. Lev Leviev together with companies under his control
Mr. Phillipe Paul Georges Meyer and companies owned thereby
Mr. Ilan Ben Dov
ZAO Raiffeisenbank Bank (of the Austrian Raiffeisen Group)
Nakash Family and Ampa Group
Soda Stream (of the Pepsico Group)
Delloitte Touche Israel
Pelephone Communications Ltd.
Controlling shareholders of B.S.R Europe Ltd. (in liquidation)
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
IDE Technologies Ltd.
Mr. Uri Rappaport (founder of Aspect Imaging)
Messer’s Moshe and Mandy Gertner
Mizrahi – Tefahot Bank Ltd.
Mr. Allen Kastenbaum
Excellence Investment House
Mr. David Silvera
Mr. Yehuda Barak
Acro Real Estate Group
Gazit Globe Group
Electra Construction Ltd. (of the Electra Group)
Mr. Oved Anter and company’s under his control
- Representing Israel Chemicals Group in its claim against IBM for $300m due to a dispute arising from ICL’s implementation of a global SAP system in all of its subsidiaries worldwide, in over 150 companies spread in 30 countries.
- Representing the Edeltech Group in $4.3m breach of contract action against Dorad Energy, which holds the largest private power station in Israel, and in which Edelcom, of the Edeltech Group, is a shareholder.
- Representing Mr. Uri Rappaport, one of the founders of Aspect Imaging, in a legal claim for $107m against the controlling shareholder of the group.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co. has one of the largest litigation teams in the region, and is therefore able to act for multinational and domestic companies in a full range of contentious matters. Representing private individuals is an area of particular strength; the group has represented political figures, company directors and military officers in numerous commercial and criminal matters. Zvi Bar-Nathan leads the commercial and international litigation department, while Aaron Michaeli, Hagit Blaiberg and Moshe Mazor lead the firm's three other specialised litigation groups. The team was strengthened by the acquisition of Rotenberg & Co in 2020; former name partner Benjamin Rotenberg leads the industry and regulation department.
Other key lawyers:
Aaron Michaeli; Hagit Blaiberg; Moshe Mazor; Benjamin Rotenberg
‘Zvi Bar Nathan in a great team, extremely reactive and provide actual answers to complex cross border tainted situations.’
‘Zvi Bar Nathan thinks quick and far making him an outstanding ally when structuring a multinational matter.’
‘They have a lot of experienced partners in various topics’
‘Zvi Bar-Natan – outstanding lawyer and a person. ’
Google, including YouTube.
various companies of the Credit Suisse group
Israel Railways Ltd.
The Israel Electric Corporation
PJSC Aeroflot – Russian Airlines (“Aeroflot”)
Applied Materials Ltd.
- Representing Israel Railways Ltd. in a precedential case with significant impact upon Israeli contract law and contract interpretation following the Supreme Court’s ruling in the case.
- Representing Bank Hapoalim in civil litigation matters.
- Representing Keshet Broadcasting in a libel claim.
One of Israel's biggest firms, Herzog Fox & Neeman's 'truly exceptional' litigation practice acts for many of the world's largest multinationals, as well as substantial domestic companies, in a broad range of complex, high-value disputes. The group is also active in insurance disputes, assisting insurers and reinsurers in large damages claims. Practice head Yaacov Sharvit leads the team and handles many of the most significant client relationships; he has recently represented Facebook in precedential disputes regarding freedom of speech and defamation on social media. David Zailer focuses on commercial matters including misrepresentation and fraud. Joseph Ashkenazi is another key name.
Other key lawyers:
David Zailer; Joseph Ashkenazi
‘The litigation team is truly exceptional. They are involved in very complicated cross-border litigation. I have been working with three additional high profile litigation teams and have never met such a good team. there is no doubt in my mind that I will continue working with them in the future. It is a real pleasure working with them.’
‘Joseph Ashkenazi is a very smart, experienced and highly qualified lawyer. pleasure working with him.’
‘Good practical advice’
‘HFN is the leading law firm in Israel. The lawyers are extremely knowledgeable and responsive. The advice is excellent. ’
‘Yossi Ashkenazi – very well organized, great communication skills, very responsive, advice is always spot-on.’
‘The HFN Dispute resolution practice is unique as one of its major strengths is their ability to counsel on complex international litigations while working with counter parties from around the globe on the highest level and at the same time provide professional experienced representation on local Israeli matters in a way that provides an edge on other firms. HFN are creative and bold in their legal mind set and at the same time keep a clear focus on the client’s needs and the legal frame work to achieve it in court, mediation or arbitration. ’
Israel Electric Company Ltd. (IEC)
AKA Development and Building Ltd
BNP Paribas SA
Luxottica Optics Ltd.
Spirits International B.V and ZHS IP Worldwide Sarl
Clal Industries Ltd and Clal Industries and Beverages Ltd
Neve Tsedek Ltd
Peltours – Insurance Agencies Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Via Maris Desalination Ltd.
Safradel Enterprises Limited
Kibbutz Ein Gedi
Laguna HoldCo Ltd.
Cabaret Biotech Ltd.
- Representing Discount Bank Ltd., one of Israel’s leading financial institutions in a claim filed against it by the largest bank in Ukraine, PrivatBank in one of the highest value civil claims ever filed against an Israeli bank.
- Representing Spirits International B.V in a motion to enforce a foreign judgment of the Supreme Court of the Netherland, which was filed by The Russian Government Authority FKP Sojuzplodoimport.
- Acting for Cabaret Biotech Ltd., the owner of a ground-breaking patent in the field of oncology in several major litigation matters in Israel relating to royalties resulting from that patent.
Tadmor Levy & Co. is highly regarded for its work in contentious matters relating to the real estate and construction sectors; the firm represents some of the sector's largest clients, such as NTA (the government company that is responsible for the construction of the public transport network in the greater Tel Aviv metropolitan area) in both litigation and arbitration proceedings. Yechiel Kasher leads the team and handles antitrust, banking, shareholder and insolvency disputes, as well as class actions and derivative actions. At associate level, Nir Weintraub is one to watch.
Other key lawyers:
Nir Kehat; Assaf Priel; Doron Kilshtin; Nir Weintraub
‘Very experienced team.’
‘Yechiel kasher is one of the most experienced well known litigation lawyer in Israel. I have been working with him in several cases, enjoy his point of view of the cases and how to solve the mystery and understand the case.
‘The firm’s advantages are in the number of professional lawyers in the field. We are a large client that manages a large number of contracting contracts with a claims mechanism during the life of the contracts that requires intensive legal activity.’
‘Doron Kilshtain – Very professional and thorough in the field of litigation ’
‘Our main contact is Adv. Yechiel Kasher, head of the firm’s litigation practice group. Yechiel has an outstanding, analytical legal mind and is closely involved in our cases’
‘Yechiel Kasher; who is the Head of the Litigation Practice Group is an unparalleled litigator in Israel. His ability to form the right strategy to a case, taking into account also its soft spots, with the ability to adjust the case presentation, so it will be an exact fit to the Judge who was assigned to handle the case, is quite magical. The knowledge of the law, the thoroughness of preparation is remarkable. The partners and associates who work in the litigation department of the firm work as a team according to an excellent routine and team spirit.’
‘What is remarkable about this team that they were deeply familiar with all the details of the case and the companies behind them. it is rare to find lawyers that know all the economic details of the case. They were very accessible and there was full and very efficient cooperation.’
NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd.
Max it Finance Ltd. (Formerly known as Leumi Card)
The Publicly Traded Hagag Group (including the Yail Company)
Assuta Medical Center
Cross Israel Highway Ltd.
Bait Vegag Gl. Ltd
G.V. Nitzan Pituach Ltd., Y.R.P.S. Achzakot Ltd., Y.A.T. Yarkoni Achzakot
Mr. Yair Rabinovitsch and Mr. Doron Sagiv
Yaniv Foundations Ltd.
Dimri Ltd., Mishab Ltd. Mivne Ofir Ltd.
Friedman Hachshori Engineering and Construction Company Ltd.
Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Globes Newspaper Publisher (1983) Ltd.
Paz Oil Company
Yesodot Tzur Ltd.
- Representing NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd. in litigation proceedings relating to all segments of the Tel Aviv Light- Rail project.
- Representing Max it Finance in a dispute with Shufersal, Israel’s largest supermarket chain, regarding the operation of the two parties’ credit card issues following the conclusion of the credit card issuance and operating agreement, and the effect of the termination on the limited partnership between the parties.
- Representing the Hagag Group in several major court cases.
Yigal Arnon & Co
Yigal Arnon & Co's multidisciplinary team is experienced in all areas of commercial and civil litigation, including banking disputes, shareholder battles, tax and intellectual property. As one of the largest firms in Israel, the practice is a popular choice for high-profile, global companies to handle large commercial disputes, as well as class actions. Key practitioner Barak Tal is 'one of Israel's leading commercial and class action litigators' and represents both companies and high-net-worth-individuals in a range of disputes. Ruth Loven is instructed by major multinational companies from the technology and telecoms sectors.
Barak Tal; Ruth Loven; Hanital Belinson Navon
Other key lawyers:
Dror Varsano; Boaz Fiel; Tomer Bar Nathan
‘Outstanding litigation skills.’
‘Barak Tal is one Israel’s leading commercial and class action litigators, with unique abilities to scrutinize and manage multi-layered legal procedures.’
Donna Italia International
Waze Mobile Ltd.
El Al Israel Airlines
M&B IP Analysts LLC
Israel Infrastructure Fund
SH.I.R. Center Ltd.
CAL – Israel Credit Cards Ltd.
ITC NG Ltd.
- Representing Google and YouTube in various proceedings related to a variety of Google’s products, services and platforms, some of which raise precedential legal questions.
- Representing international pizza company Donna Italia International, a business group with franchises in several countries, in a dispute against its Australian franchisee with respect to the jurisdiction where arbitration should take place.
- Representing CAL, one of the largest credit card companies in Israel before the Supervisor of Banks and in numerous litigation proceedings, including a civil monetary lawsuit brought against CAL by Alon Ribua Kachol and Dor Alon Finance
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary focuses its practice on complex commercial disputes, often involving insolvency and tax elements. The group is also active in the banking sector; Erez Haver leads the dedicated insolvency and banking litigation department and acts as a receiver or trustee for a number of companies. Co-founder Aharon Pollak is highly regarded in arbitration matters, while Arie Neiger handles environmental law issues.
Other key lawyers:
Arie Neiger; Asaf Biger; Erez Haver; Aya Reich-Mina; Sharon Lubezky Hess; Moran Mordechay; Amir Fish; Ephraim Ofek Aharon; Shahar Haron
‘The team is very thorough and professional. The litigation team who represented me was excellent and prepared me to my cross-examination with lots of patience. The most important thing is that they fight for their clients without giving up. ’
‘I have never seen such patience and passion to the client and very high creativity in arguing the case. I was represented by Sharon Lubezky.’
Aeronautics Defense Systems Ltd.
Benjamin Baron (An Israeli businessman)
Directors & Office Holders in Optibase Ltd.
Novartis International AG
Europe Asia Pipeline Company Ltd. (formerly, Eilat Ashkelon Pipeline Co. Ltd.)
Oil Refineries Ltd. (part of Bazan Group)
Arava Mines Ltd.
Rubicon Business Group
Manufacturers Association of Israel
Crafts & Industries Association
The Israeli Organization of Cleaning Companies
Orna Danon & Yehudit Bursi
Union Bank of Israel Ltd.
Bank Leumi Le-Israel Ltd.
Israel Discount Bank Ltd.
First International Bank of Israel Ltd.
Bank Hapoalim Ltd.
Bank Massad Ltd.
Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot Ltd.
Mercantile Discount Bank Ltd.
Shapir Engineering and Industry Ltd.
Paz Oil Group
Zohar Dalia Cooperative Agricultural Association Ltd.
Hadassah Medical Organization
Soglowek Naknik Nahariya Kosher Ltd.
Shikun & Binui Real Estate Ltd.
Carasso Real Estate
- Acted for the Manufacturers Association of Israel, Crafts & Industries Association, The Israeli Organization of Cleaning Companies in challenging the legality of the decision of the Head of Public Health Services in the Israeli Ministry of Health to classify, the mandatory self-quarantine days of employees exposed to a confirmed Covid-19 carrier, as paid sick leave payable by the employers.
- Represented Aeronautics Defense Systems Ltd. in a derivative action pertaining to the suspension of Aeronautics’ export license to a foreign customer, which resulted in an investigation by Israeli authorities under a comprehensive gag order. The motion to stay proceedings, joined by the Attorney General for lack of legal standing following the acquisition of Aeronautics, was upheld by the court in June 2020
- Represented ORT Israel in various legal and administrative proceedings involving the wrongful denial of use of 200,000 sqm of land by ORT and a wrongful attempt to eliminate a debt of $14.7m owed to ORT, through an alteration of financial statements.
Able to handle all contentious matters, AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co is notable for its dedicated sub practices which focus on areas including municipal taxation, labour law and insolvency. Founding partner Ram Jeanne leads the practice and represents large companies in both litigation and arbitration proceedings. Gali Friedhof, a new arrival from Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz in 2020, specialises in disputes relating to infrastructure.
Other key lawyers:
Gali Friedhof; Dana Battat; Oded Gross; Roey Dotan; Gidon Even-Or
General Mills Israel Ltd
Shapir Engineering & Industries Ltd
Danya Cebus Ltd
Hutchison Water International Holdings Pte. Limited
Malam Team Ltd
Ofer Investments Group and Melisron Ltd
HOT Telecommunication System Ltd
The Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation
Mayer’s Cars and Trucks Ltd
Matrix IT Ltd and John Bryce
Carbofix Orthopedics Ltd
Microsoft Corporation and Microsoft Israel Ltd
Partner Communications Company Ltd
Edge Medical Ltd
- Represented Azorim Ltd., one of Israel’s leading construction companies, in a shareholder’s dispute with its partner in the company that was established for the construction and sale of luxury apartments in the old city of Jerusalem.
- Represented Hutchison Water, a multinational conglomerate managing water related projects, in a legal proceeding against I.D.E Technologies Ltd., Hutchison’s partner in the operation company of Israel’s largest desalination plant.
- Represented Charitable Trust of ‘Bikur Holim Hospital’ in numerous complex and innovative legal proceedings, which include dozens of assets, in the scope of hundreds of millions NIS, heard in a variety of courts and tribunals.
Active in commercial and administrative disputes, Lipa Meir & Co has a particularly strong track record acting on both sides of disputes involving public bodies; in 2019, the group represented the Israeli Ministry of Finance in a dispute regarding a desalination plant in Ashdod. Alon Pomeranc leads the practice and is instructed by the region's largest banks to represent them in the Supreme Court, while Erez Dar Lulu handles tax and property tax matters
Other key lawyers:
Erez Dar Lulu; Omer Meiri; Guy Carmi
‘The team is dedicated to work and motivated to win’
‘Lawyer Erez Der Lulu leads the case, he was chosen thanks to the tactical planning ability to win the case, with infinite motivation to win the case, the ability to analyse and persevere in depth the issues related to the case.’
Israeli Ministry of Finance
Clalit Health Services
Israel Postal Company
Yossi Maiman, businessman
Janterra Real Estate Advisors Inc.
Mr. Amir Yaar, businessman
Minority shareholders of Moonlight
NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd.
Kanaf 2000 Board of Directors
Kibbutz Ramat Yochanan
Eden Bar Tal (Former Director General of the Ministry of Communications)
Schneider Electric (France)
Sistemas Abiertos S.A. (Honduras)
Elitam – Channa Harpaz
Nir Ben Lavi
The Boeing Company
Gothaer Asigurari Reasigurari S. A.
- Represented the Israeli Ministry of Finance in two monumental lawsuits, which have broader and far-reaching consequences.
- Represented Clalit Health , Israel’s largest Health Management Organization (HMO), in dozens of matters, including some of Israel’s highest profile publicised disputes.
- Representing KPMG USA in a high-profile NIS200m lawsuit that was filed in Israel by the liquidators of Better Place Group.
M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries utilises its 'full understanding of the Israeli market' to represent multinationals, domestic companies and public bodies in contractual matters, real estate and shareholder disputes, often in the appellate or Supreme Court. The firm also has arbitration expertise; firm chairman Zvi Firon represents companies listed on the Tel Aviv stock exchange in complex proceedings relating to the energy sector. David Hamou leads the team and focuses on construction and infrastructure disputes.
Zvi Firon; David Hamou
Other key lawyers:
‘Firon’s litigation team is well experienced in the Israeli litigation arena. The way they deal with clients objectives is the outcome of wide experience as well as thorough and dedicated work team. ’
‘David Hamou the head of Firon’s litigation department is a unique professional litigator. Peaceful, diligent and professional case handling are the main and unique characteristic of his work as well as the reason why clients come back again and again to him.’
‘I have been working with the team on numerous projects for many years.’
‘Firon’s teams are outstanding. They have advised us on so many projects, financial transactions and litigation cases. They know our operation from top to bottom and consequently we are in the habit of consulting them every step of the way. In such a large group as ours, and for me as the in house legal council, such relationship requires uncommon trust and confidence. In Firon we found all the qualities which inspire such trust. It applies both professionally and personally. Their experience in various fields is priceless and they have the best teams a client can expect. We know they are here for us 24/7. ’
‘David Hamou, brings to the table a special skill set’
‘As the CEO of a leading company I need a leading law firm. Firon’s performance as a whole is simply the best! We benefit from their full understanding of the Israeli market and their commercial and business acumen. Since this is a one stop shop firm, we get full excellent legal service with exceptional coordination between the different teams. The leading partners are on top of everything, never drop the ball. The teams are always available, responsive and attentive. I would recommend them as a top tier firm with no hesitation. ’
‘Michael Oiknine is my favourite Israeli litigator. When he’s on a case I know he will get the best results. He is extremely smart, sharp and knows how to argue a case as well as draft impeccable pleadings. He is a great strategist leveraging his commercial and financial experience and understanding.’
‘Team members are diverse They’re organized and focus on goals and results.’
‘We use Firon exclusively for all our legal needs. They are absolutely the only legal partner we are willing to consider. Sophisticated, fast as lightning, innovative, problem solvers with a can do attitude.’
‘Firon is our exclusive firm. Top tier in every aspect.’
‘Zvi Firon – head of the firm and our chairman is one of the most important lawyers in Israel, and easily, the smartest of them. Top notch litigator and a first class dealmaker. ’
‘Firon is our home for all our legal needs. Has been for decades. Superb professionals.’
‘Personal engagement of the team – you can feel they are 100% involved in every detail all the time, constantly analysing and trying to find better solutions. You feel they sympathize with your side of the dispute. – The partners are highly capable of “reading the situation” and sensing what’s the other side motives are. They have great intuitions. – Risk assessment and mitigation – They constantly analyse the risk and every move and how to mitigate it and adjust it to the need of the customer.’
‘I have chosen Firon to handle an international dispute that I have, because of their prominence in both local litigation and international arbitration, as my matter involves both. I was right to choose them. Out of the box thinkers, work around the clock and as professional as they come.’
‘As a lawyer myself, I approached Firon a few times over the last few years, to take over major shareholder conflicts, which had the potential of becoming proper litigation cases, or of being resolved through M&A or other settlement. The Firon team has the firepower and cross practice area expertise to devise and implement the right strategies in these cases.’
‘A very dedicated Head of Litigation Department, Mr. David Hamou that leads every step of the way. ’
‘Mr. David Hamou – extraordinary commitment and experience’
‘The team is very hard working and respondent. They are good at following up with all the issues.’
Haifa Chemicals Ltd.
Aloniel (McDonald’s Israel)
Bezeq the Israel communication company
Dun & Bradstreet
Tel Aviv University
The Olympic Committee of Israel
Clalit Healthcare Services
Zorlu Enerji Elektrik Uretim A.S
Electra Construction Ltd.
Migdal Insurance Company
Menora Mivtachim Insurance Company
Clal Insurance Company
Harel Insurance Company
Isramco Negev 2
Diplomat Group (Procter & Gamble distributors in Israel, South Africa, New Zeland, Georgia and Cyprus)
Hadassah Medical Center
Herzliya Medical Center
The Greek Catholic church in Fassuta
Rami Shbiro construction company
Vizhnitz non-profit organization
- Representing TASE-listed Isramco Negev 2 in ta $100m appeal regarding royalties from certain oil fields.
- Representing Migdal Insurance Company in a claim alleging that the client had breached its obligations pursuant to a set of contracts with the claimant, governing the acquisition of control and operation of the “Zahav” mall near Tel Aviv,
- Representing NASDAQ-traded Elbit in a dispute follow a challenge of a MoD tender which was awarded to Elbit.
Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. is a leading firm in product liability, professional negligence and other tortious disputes, frequently representing clients from the banking, technology and retail sectors. Insurance is another area of strength; Tamar Arad-Kareth and Gil Atar both represent large domestic insurers in a range of disputes. Yoav Razin leads the team and handles corporate, securities and antitrust matters.
Other key lawyers:
Tamar Arad Kareth; Gil Atar;Yaron Rossman; Amit Mor
‘Very professional ’
‘We are working with Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. for many years mainly with Gil Atar who is expert in his area. He also represent us as the biggest insurance companies in Israel nominate him to deal with Employers’ liability insurance. Gil is an expert in this area, gives the best service with a professional way’
‘Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co (“Naschitz”) have an excellent reputation in the local market, they are professional, committed and creative. Adv. Tamar Kareth’s team, specializes in medical malpractice, and have been providing us with top quality services for many years. ’
‘Adv. Kareth is always available and committed to all requests, on top of the daily work, she combines extraordinary human communication skills with vast professional knowledge and leading a robust legal team. When I have a new type of problem situation, or complex case , I turn to Adv. Kareth to solve it. ’
‘The team that handles our company in litigation is an exceptional one. They are devoted, available, always with a smile, and willingness to help and to solve legal problems and answer all kinds of queries. We have worked with other law firms in the past, and I can say with confidence that they are unique.’
‘The leading partner in Naschitz Brandes Amir law firm in litigation for our company is Amit Mor. For me, he is the one and only “address” for everything that relates to litigation. His abilities to manage, administrate and conduct the team give me peace of mind in the field of litigation. He is very profound and thorough, highly professional, and manages the cases calmly and adorably. ’
‘My company and I have worked with Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. for over 15 years. We grew and developed alongside each other over the years, and I received a large array of services and solutions for my company’s changing and diverse needs. Each service was provided with the highest level of professionalism, always with a fantastic level of of conscientiousness to service and detail. ’
‘Despite the size of the practice, the partners are able to maintain a familiar and familial atmosphere. During an extremely complex litigation case, led by Amit Mor, my company experienced an outstanding level of professionalism that stands out in comparison to even the largest firms in Israel that we have worked with. We had the pleasure of witnessing outstanding creativity and out-of-the-box thinking, level-headedness and measured thinking, humility, and sharp thinking. Amit Mor demonstrated comprehensive analysis and planning capabilities, with in-depth understanding of the consequences in each possible avenue of action.’
‘A team that is both incredibly knowledgeable about our field of work, and know how to pool the collective knowledge in order to achieve best results for their clients.’
‘They care. They know what our business is about. They understand who our customers are, and the what the supply chain is. Amit Mor has become a national specialist in the field of entertainment, which has in return made him an invaluable part of our team.’
Alpha Duty Free
Clalit Health Services
Dr. Moris Topaz and IVT Medical.
Israel Electric Company
PCB Technologies Limited.
Readymix Industries (Israel)
Yanai Engineering Ltd.
- Representing Alfa Duty Free, in a $147m claim against James Richardson. The lawsuit claims that James Richardson conspired with then Alfa’s partner to fix a tender held in 2013 for the concession to operate the duty-free shops at the Ben Gurion Airport.
- Represented Excel Telecom in a lawsuit relating to alleged breach of contractual commitments and antitrust law.
- Representing FIMI in a claim that was filed against it by Norstar Holding, relating to the interpretation and implementation of an adjustment mechanism in a share purchase agreement concerning the stock of Ormat Industries.
Shibolet & Co. represents large, domestic companies from sectors including real estate, agriculture and technology in a range of commercial and administrative disputes, including contractual disputes, challenges to tender awards and antitrust issues. The team is especially active in disputes involving shareholders, representing both controlling and minority shareholders in disputes relating to liquidation and breaches of distribution and share purchase agreements. Joseph Benkel and Hillel Ish-Shalom co-lead the team.
Joseph Benkel; Hillel Ish-Shalom
Other key lawyers:
Ofer Shapira; Shmuel Galinka; Ofer Larisch; Eli Cohen
‘Very efficient, sophisticated and practical approach. Highly professional team.’
‘Very sharp, very accurate assessment abilities of the case and very responsive.’
A.T.S Investments and Lusternik & Sons Ltd.
Cellcom Israel Ltd
IDF (Israeli Defense Force) officers
Elmo Motion Control Limited
Hutchison Water Israel E.P.C. Ltd
Novocure Limited and its founder, Prof. Yoram Palti
IDE Technologies Ltd
Israel Ports Development & Assets company Ltd.
Sorek Desalination Partnership (Design and Construction)
Mekorot – Israel National Water Co.
The Greek Orthodox Patriarchate and the Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem
FK generators & equipment Ltd.
- Represented TransJerusalem Ltd., in a petition (and motion for interim injunction) filed by Jlinx Ltd, against TransJerusalem and the State of Israel (the Accountant General Office) concerning the award of the tender for the establishment and operation of the Jerusalem Light Rail Project (the Green Line and Red Line Extension).
- Represented Novocure in a lawsuit filed against it by Ofir Paz, a former director (and his private company).
Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co. handles all types of commercial litigation, in addition to related areas such as intellectual property and white-collar crime. Shareholder disputes are an area of particular specialism; the group represents members of significant Israeli companies in matters relating to investment agreements and minority oppression. Practice head Zohar Lande is notable for cross-border work.
‘Very professional team, with many capabilities. professional in the pharma industry. ’
‘Very professional, they care of you and your company ’
‘The team composed of open-minded colleagues who have the ability to adapt their positions in complex matters. This ability gives us an opportunity to empathise with the client.’
‘I contacted and worked together with Mr. Zohar Lande. For Mr. Zohar Lande : He is an open-minded colleague who has the ability to adopt his positions in the complex matter. This ability gives us an opportunity to review our current situation and to foresee the prospective consequences beyond the legal dispute which may occur in commercial live.’
‘Barnea has a best team of professional and dedicated lawyers. Their service is excellent and they have a unique and special “out of the box” thinking.’
‘Zohar Lande is a brilliant person and lawyer, his thinking is different and out of the box. He creates strategy and always think 10 steps ahead. He always precedes the counter party in his thinking and gives us the best advise and representation. He is an expert in court hearings and performs beautifully and professionally.’
‘Very serious approach to the litigation in which we are involved.’
‘A good team I would recommend to anyone who needs litigation lawyers.’
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel
Knight Therapeutics Inc.
The Habima Theatreis
The controlling shareholder in Frutarom Industries Ltd.
- Represented Habima, the national theatre of Israel and one of the first Hebrew language theatres, and its board of directors in various lawsuits.
- Represented Canadian public company Knight Therapeutics Inc. and its CEO in a shareholder activism dispute with Medison Biotech, part of the Medison Pharma Group, one of the top three largest pharma companies in Israel.
- Represented the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel and the Association of Internal Auditors in a petition to the Supreme Court against the Government Companies Authority in regard to the new director’s decision that internal auditors in government companies must be employed directly by those government companies.
Eytan Liraz & Co Law Offices
A boutique litigation practice, Eytan Liraz & Co Law Offices has a strong reputation for handling complex, cross-border disputes in a variety of fields, including real estate, debt recovery and shareholder disputes. Name partner Eytan Liraz leads the practice and is qualified in both Israel and Sweden.
Ilan Sofer & Co.
Established in 2018, Ilan Sofer & Co. has quickly developed a reputation as a capable litigation boutique, representing clients in a broad range of disputes. Name partner Ilan Sofer is particularly well regarded for his expertise in white-collar proceedings, and also handles disputes relating to real estate, the energy sector and defamation.
Although involved in a range of commercial issues, shipping and construction disputes are S. Friedman & Co. Advocates & Notaries' specialities; the firm assists construction groups as well as food producers and shipping companies in both litigation and complex arbitration proceedings. Itamar Anaby leads practice and advises on matters relating to complex commercial transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Lily Doron; Gavriel Disegni
- Advised Marziparo Co in a dispute in which a venture capital company decided to cancel a contract signed by it in an attempt to withdraw from its investment.
- Acted for Israel Railways in a series of claims related to the huge project of the new railway line to Jerusalem.
- Representing Tnuva, Israel’s largest food producer, in multiple litigation matters.
Tulchinsky Stern Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co. represents an impressive range of clients from the pharmaceutical, finance, technology and insurance sectors in a range of commercial disputes. The firm also has a strong arbitration practice; in addition to representing clients, members of the team often act as arbitrators or mediators. Amir Levitski, Isaac Marciano are the key names in Tel Aviv, while Assaf Benmelech leads the Jerusalem practice
Amir Levitski; Isaac Marciano; Assaf Benmelech
Other key lawyers:
IBM Israel Ltd. (NYSE: IBM)
SMS Train Compound Ltd.
The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation and the Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Development Corporation Ltd.
Electrolux Appliances Spa
Samuel Zusmanovitz, former CFO of Dor Chemicals Ltd.
Yuval Kahan, former director of the Bnei Zion pre-military academy
Environmental Services Company
Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP)
Arke New Gate Ltd.
Members of a purchasing group on Hayarkon Street in Tel Aviv
Hamadpis Nechasim Media Quarter Ltd.
Shekel Insurance Agency (2008) Ltd.
- Acting for IBM in a proceeding filed against one of the largest Israeli food companies (Zoglobek), with regards to payments on a large computing project.
- Representing Caesarea Foundation in proceedings relating to land expropriations in the Caesarea area, and the question of the eligibility of the claimants to compensation for these expropriations, carried out in 1956.
- Representeding Yuval Kahan, previous director of the Bnei Zion pre-military academy, in negligence claims relating to the death of ten teenagers in a flash flood during a student hike in the southern Judean desert.
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM) acts for companies and individuals in a wide range of commercial disputes. The energy sector is also an area of specialism; the firm represents both domestic and international companies in a range of disputes. Key team members Gideon Weinbaum and Amnon Epstein both have experience representing clients before courts and tribunals of all levels.
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent service. Always returns clients phone calls and queries. Attention to detail.’
‘Gideon Weinbaum gives excellent personal service, always replies to queries or phone calls.’
Abengoa S.A. (Spain)
Air Berlin PLC & Co. Luftverkehrs KG (Germany)
Assicurazioni Generali (Italy)
Council of Bureaux
Fresenius Medical Care Israel Ltd.,
Madanes Insurance Agency Ltd. (Israel)
MGM Grand (US)
Milad Aviation (Israel)
Raimondi Cranes SPA (Italy)
Scholpp GmbH and Reifenhauser Reicofil GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
Suunto Oy (Finland)
William Hill (UK)
- Representing Veridis and Tahal, two of Israel’s largest waste companies, in a petition for judicial review regarding a tender for the building and operation of one of Israel’s largest waste management facility.
- Acting for Monarch Master Funding 2 (Luxembourg) S.a.r.l., an international investment fund, in proceedings against the liquidators of Fishman Family Properties Ltd.
- Represented MGM Grand, Aria and Bellagio, owners, and operators of hotels in Las-Vegas, in an application for enforcement of judgments rendered in Nevada against Israeli individuals for breach of contract. The Israeli court accepted the application and the judgments were enforced.
Specialising in complex commercial litigation proceedings, FWMK (Furth, Wilensky, Mizrachi, Knaani) acts for businesses and individuals in issues relating to construction, IP and contracts. The group is particularly active in partnership and shareholder disputes; Orr Noy represents directors and officers in private and publicly traded companies. Ofer Furth and Eran Meir lead the team alongside Noy.
Ofer Furth; Orr Noy; Eran Meir
Other key lawyers:
Liron Liberman; Eli Shimon; David Sulema
‘FWMK is a very professional firm in any field that we need them. Although they have many costumers, they gives us a personal and fast treatment. The idea that they have different lawyers which specialise in different fields such as litigation, contracts, labour laws, intellectual property, etc. gives us the confidence to trust their recommendations and decisions. Everyone that I worked with was/is very professional. I think that the major strength for me is that the individuals that I work with give me the feeling that they are part of my company and not external contractors.’
‘The team comprises extremely skilled, bright and experienced attorneys. They are very responsive, and combine their professional abilities with a very friendly approach towards their clients and peers. It is truly a pleasure to work with them.’
‘Or Noy is very smart, has a wonderful business understanding and sharp senses to identify weaknesses on the other side and knows how to focus on the important aspects of each claim. Or knows all intricacies of complex litigation. At the same time, very pleasant, always patient and relaxed.’
‘The litigation team at FWMK are second to none. they are creative, assertive and know how to convey the right message to the court. many Israeli litigation firms are overly aggressive but FWMK have just the right balance.’
DR. Giora Dishon
Blue Square Real Estate Ltd.
Panaxia Pharmaceutical Industries LTD
Dr. Asher shmulevich, Gilad Bar-lev, Prop’ Ari Shmis, Stephan M.sims, Tod Violit, Arie Weber (Therapix Biosciences Ltd directors)
Olympus Financial Strategies LTD
Altice (formerly Cool Holding Ltd)
Silverboim holdings Ltd.
Rav-Bariach (08) Industries Ltd.
Oron Holdings and Investments Group Ltd.
Liad Whatstein & Co. Law Office
S. Schestowitz Ltd
Ilan Dayan holdings ltd.
Metalpress International Ltd.
Arkin holdings Ltd.
ACE CAPITAL RETAIL (2016) LTD
Powermat Technologies Limited
N.A.R.A. MEDICAL CENTER LTD
Howden Insurance Company (2002) Ltd
Rafi Shapira & son LTD
Clal Sun LTD
BRAND INDUSTRIES LTD
Koperaly and Shalom Investments Ltd
GigaSpaces Technologies ltd
NEGEVSOFT SOFTWARE 2014 LTD
BH Sade Venture LLC
Hotels and Recreation LTD
- Representing Davied Lieber in a dispute against Yedioth Ahronot Ltd controlling shareholder, Mr. Arnon Mozes.
- Represented Kopreli and Shalom investments LTD and Mr. Arie Bar in a minority shareholder oppression lawsuit.
- Represented Panaxia Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd in a legal claim for declarative statements and operational orders, filed by an investor and shareholder, claiming to be subject to a minority discrimination.
Gissin & Co., Advocates is a popular choice for shareholders in disputes relating to the distribution of illegal dividends, as well as representing directors in control battles. Yoel Freilich leads the department and has experience in all areas of commercial litigation, while Guy Gissin handles restructuring and insolvency proceedings.
‘The most remarkable advantage of the legal department is the professionalism of the team. they are familiar with the applicable law and cooperate directly with the management of the company and open to its approach and strategy of the file‘.
‘The professional attitude, seriousness and accuracy in their answers and in dealing with legal issues are a significant difference between them and other offices we have worked with in the past.’
‘The firm offers first-class legal services combined with a personal and friendly attitude and reasonable pricing. It is not too big, so you personally know who is doing the legal work for you and on the other hand, not too small so it produces professional legal work.’
‘Gissin is undoubtedly a very competent and respectful law firm, with very impressive capabilities in litigation and arbitration, especially in corporate disputes and general commercial issues.’
‘Mr. Guy Gissin and Mr. Yoel Freilich are both very knowledgeable, competent and reliable litigators.’
‘The litigation department delivers a consistently high-quality service, wide experience and constantly searching for creative and effective solutions to legal disputes. The combination of wide knowledge and diving into details makes the firm pleasant to work with.’
‘Mr. Yoel Freilich and Mr. Guy Gissin bring a unique combination of professional and personal touch. They are always aware of all the wide aspects of the cases well as all the small details. Brilliant and creative litigators.’
‘Gissin & co. uses many smart innovative techniques regarding its knowledge of its business clients.’
‘Guy Gissin and Yoel Freilich stand out and shine in the legal business world, as smart and fast thinkers. Strategy and tactics are strong tools used by these partners. Their human skills are very high with intelligent moves and integrity like no other.’
Shlomo SIXT Group
Menorah Mivtachim Insurance Ltd
Max Israel Ltd
Ten Oil Co Ltd
Cannomed Medical Cannabis Industries Ltd
Mr. Ran Poliakine
Mr. Yoram Levinson
Afcon Holdings Ltd
Mr. Gil D. Blutrich
Entertainment Town Ltd.
Mr. Lewis C. Pell
A boutique firm focusing on commercial matters, Granot Speiser Law Office is well versed in contentious issues relating to liquidation, securities, insurance and shareholder disputes. Founding partner Shai Granot leads the practice and is sought after by insurer clients, while also representing companies and private individuals. Tom Neumann focuses on IP, defamation and privacy.
Other key lawyers:
‘Deep knowledge of national law and its relation with international laws. Excellent securities law knowledge’
‘Diligent. Responsive. Creative. Knowledgeable.’
‘Adv. Shai Granot. Shai is a first-class litigator, and also an expert in the field of insurance. He is very professional, has the ability to foresee several steps ahead, and draws the strategic and tactical path of the case accordingly. For me as a client it is crucial to feel the confidence that our case is being led and handled by the best lawyer, as I feel with Shai, and to know that Shai has a total commitment for achieving the best possible results for us.’
‘I would single out Shai Granot and point to his creativity. He is a bright commercial lawyer in general and a bright litigator in particular, always aims to find the way to provide us with the best advice or solution in a given matter. Fast thinker, with outstanding cross-examination skills.’
‘We have been working with Adv. Shai Granot’s law firm since 2010 ’
‘Definitely Adv. Shai Granot. He is a prime-time and brilliant litigator with exceptional cross-examination ability. Shai has an outstanding business-oriented way of thinking. His ability to deal with whatever is thrown his way is a great strength. If you are going to a battle, you need Shai to litigate and to lead your case.’
‘Obviously – Shai Granot. He is a unique and bright litigator. He has high-end litigation skills. He always sees the wide picture and creates the best strategic plan, while always being “hands-on” on the small details and using them for the benefits of his client. Shai always aims for achieving the best advice and solution for us, while being calm and confident. In my eyes, there is no doubt that Shai is one of the best lawyers in Israel.’
‘We have been working with Adv. Shai Granot’s law firm for many years (since 2004). The main areas are: directors and officers, professional indemnity, crime insurance, etc. We are very happy to work with the firm, and very satisfied with the service we get. The firm has a very strong team, very professional lawyers, they are responding very fast to all of our requests, and the level of service is excellent. ’
‘We work mainly with Mr. Shai Granot. Shai is an outstanding lawyer, and a real expert in commercial litigation and in insurance law. He deeply understands our interests, and has the ability to transform it to the perfect legal actions. While planning the big strategic plan, Shai is always aware of each small detail. We feel that our cases are dealt and our interests are kept by very good, professional and confident hands.’
‘Very professional and open minded, creative’
‘Professional , fast response.’
- Represented Strauss Lazer & Co. Accountants in negligence proceedings.
- Representing Brand industries Ltd. in a dispute regarding a contract to construct and supply two huge salt molten tanks.
- Representing Mr. Eran Rubin in a shareholders’ dispute.
Gross Law Firm – GKH represents commercial clients from a variety of industries in disputes relating to securities, antitrust and professional negligence, as well as handling class actions and IP proceedings. Michael Ginsburg now leads the team following the departure of former head David Fohrer, who left the firm with Limor Levy and Amir Avni to establish an independent practice.
Experienced in a variety of contentious matters, real estate litigation is Hamburger Evron & Co. Law Offices & Notaries' specialist area; the group acts for developers and real estate companies in numerous contractual disputes. The team is also notable for its banking work, representing domestic banks in disputes relating to guarantees and negligence. Menachem Abramovich and Ori Primo are names to note.
Menachem Abramovich; Ori Primo
Other key lawyers:
Gabriel Moyal-Maor; Eleanor Stark
‘I cannot compare to others but our experience with this team is excellent. They are dedicated and devoted to their clients. Achieving maximum benefits for their clients.’
Proneuron Biotechnologies, Inc
Neurim Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; Neurim Pharmaceuticals SA; RAD Neurim Pharmaceuticals EEC Limited
Electra Real Estate & Oranim Group
Kardan Real Estate Ltd & Kardan Midwest USA
Rotem Shani Ltd.
Minrav Holdings Ltd
Prof. amos korczyn and Dr. Shlomo Flechter
Neot Harish Association
Rubinstein Group & Co. Construction Company Ltd.
- Representation of Proneuron in a multibillion-dollar tort lawsuit.
- Represents Electra Real Estate & Oranim Group in a number of significant lawsuits regarding major real estate projects.
- Represented Neot Harish in a lawsuit with significant legal implications regarding the national Buyer’s Price Program project.
Kosteliz & Co., Law Office
Best known for its expertise in the white collar sphere, Kosteliz & Co., Law Office is also active in a range of other contentious matters, including professional negligence, securities issues and breach of contract claims. Firm co-founders Yoav Segel and Yaron Kosteliz are frequently instructed by the Israeli arms of multinational accounting institutions and other large corporate entities.
Krispin Rubinstein Blecher Law Offices' 'bright, intelligent' and 'diligent' team acts for local companies from a number of fields in disputes relating to regulated industries. Antitrust is an area of particular activity, with the group frequently involved in highly publicised investigations. Founding partner Roy Blecher's expertise spans commercial, criminal and administrative disputes, as well as compliance programmes and anti-bribery policies.
‘Excellent team well informed service oriented bright intelligent diligent and imaginative.’
‘Bright, sharp, personal and focused.’
NSO Group Technologies Ltd.
Tikun Olam Ltd.
Mr. Yechiel Dahan
Naschitz Brandes Amir & Co.
Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises
Leader – management and development 1992 Ltd
Speedy Detergent Industries (2002) Ltd.
Ayelet Youngster, Gesher Tours – Cartel of High- School Educational Expeditions to Poland for Holocaust Memorial
- Acting for NSO Group Technologies in various litigation proceedings both in Israel and abroad.
- Representing Tikun Olam in a petition to the High Court aimed at stopping the government’s regulatory reform of the medical cannabis market.
- Representing several tour companies in a case in which the state accuses several tour companies providing youth expeditions to Poland (for purposes of holocaust education and memorial) and their officers of price-fixing coordination.
Highly regarded for its work in derivative actions, Ronen Adini & Co's litigation work focuses on representing shareholders of large Israeli companies in a range of commercial proceedings. Name partner Ronen Adini is the key practitioner and is particularly esteemed for his expertise in securities law.
Sluki, Kosover & Co.
Sluki, Kosover & Co. is notable for representing private individuals in shareholder disputes and claims against Israel's leading banks. Tax is another area of expertise; the group frequently acts for both companies and individuals opposite the tax authority. Founding partners Ido Kosover and Roee Sluki are the key practitioners and handle various financial matters.
Roee Sluki; Ido Kosover
‘I believe the depth and quality of the firm’s securities and investment fraud litigation and arbitration practice makes it a unique standout among its peers. This is so particularly given the firm’s expertise, experience and successful track record in such a niche area of the litigation space.’
‘I have had substantial dealings with Ido Kosover, a principal of the firm, who has demonstrated a keen and sophisticated understanding of the securities laws, not only in Israel but those of the United States. Moreover, Ido also has an excellent sense of strategic judgment coupled with a healthy dose of practical common sense – a rare, but critical combination of qualities found in only those highly skilled litigators. He is my “go-to” lawyer in Israel in all matters involving securities and investment fraud litigation.’
AlKaun Media Ltd.
The Svirsky Brothers partnership
- Representing Eli Shiri, (the former Vice President of the Israeli Diamond Exchange and owner of several very large companies in the field of diamond dealings and jewellery) in several major lawsuits.
- Represented AL KAUN MEDIA against Bank Hapoalim in a dispute relating to conduct of bank accounts at Bank Hapoalim.
- Representing Mr. Mike Sapir, a US citizen and a member of the Israeli Diamond Exchange in all his current affairs, as well as in a dispute between Mr. Sapir and his partners (the other shareholders in a private company) filed at the Tel Aviv District Court.
Insolvency litigation is Weksler, Bregman & Co., Advocates's primary focus; the firm represents numerous banks and corporate entities in disputes relating to embezzlement conspiracy, receivership and debt arrangements. Practice head Doron Dan handles a diverse range of matters, most including banking and securities issues, while Yael Moshkovich is experienced in class actions and arbitration.
Other key lawyers:
‘The loyalty, the very detailed work on the case and very experienced partners which I know for more than 15 years.’
‘I used to work mainly with 2 partners – Adv Doron Dan ad Adv Yael Moshkovic. I know them for many years. They know how to be tough from one hand and to help us to get compromise on the other hand.’
The State of Israel
Negev Ceramics Ltd.
AFI Group including its subsidiaries and Mr. Lev Leviev
Africa Israel Hotels ltd. – Crowne Plaza Israel
Mercantile Bank & Discount Bank
Israel Trade Bank
Orpak Systems Ltd.
C.A.R.E Medical Services
The new REIT fund
Mivtach-Simon/ MVS Insurance Agents
Mizrahi Tefahot Bank Ltd.
Hadera Ocean Village
Orbit Communication Systems Ltd.
P.R.S. Mediterranean Ltd
- Represented Negev Ceramics Ltd. in a cross-border lawsuit against a former supplier of marble estimated at over $14.8m raising a claim for an embezzlement conspiracy by the supplier’s officers and directors which resulted in its insolvency.
- Representing AFI Group in various disputes.
- Representing HSBC in the insolvency proceedings of Eurocom Group, in which HSBC is a creditor of a number of companies within the group.
Zilberboim Orbach Harpaz
Established in 2018 by David Zilberboim and Ronen Harpaz, Zilberboim Orbach Harpaz has quickly established a reputation for representing clients from the real estate and construction sectors. The team has also secured some large international clients, including Ikea, for which it handles various consumer complaints.
David Zilberboim; Ronen Harpaz
Other key lawyers:
‘I have been working with David Zilberboim for many years. He is an excellent lawyer and a real team player. Very responsive and provides excellent service. I recommend him often to others.’
‘David Zilberboim is a great lawyer whom I enjoy working with very much. He is always available for you and very responsive. It is a pleasure working with him.’
Shapira brothers, founders and owners of Shapir Engineering and Industrial Ltd.
Hodaya group and Naftali Shimshon
Arena Star Group Ltd.
Mr. Lior Amit and Elad Kuperman
NGG Global Consulting Solutions and Xioma Solutions
A.M. Professional Archive
“Nofim” acquisition group
- Representing the Electra Group, one of the biggest corporations in Israel, in ongoing legal issues as well as in litigation and pre- litigation stages.
- Representing Ikea in all its ongoing litigation.
- Representing the journalist and whistleblower Hadas Shtaif in a NIS6m lawsuit filed against her for revealing one of the most notorious scandals in Israel.