Appleby is led by Claire Milne, who has unique experience in the gambling sector having previously chaired the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission. As such, she is very active in advising clients on regulations, commercial agreements, and more recently on how digital currency can be used in online gambling. Kyle Sutherland is an other key name and is highly skilled in transactional work, with recent instructions involving multi-jurisdictional M&A and capital markets transactions in the industry.
Gambling in Isle Of Man
Other key lawyers:
Alliance Gaming Solutions
Tabcorp Holdings Limited
SB Tech Ltd
- Advised Playtech Plc on its issuance of notes listed on the Official List of Euronext Dublin and to trade on the Global Exchange Market.
- Acted as Iocal counsel to SBTech on its merger with DraftKings Inc. and Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp.
- Provided corporate, regulatory and employment advice regarding sale of William Hill’s land based bookmakers to Boylesports.
Cains' skillset in this space covers M&A, loan facilities and capital markets mandates for industry clients, as well as general regulatory advice. Corporate partner Scott Leonard-Morgan jointly leads the team and is particularly strong in dealing with the restructuring and financing of gaming companies as well as regulatory compliance. Fellow practice head Tristan Head has also been active in debt restructurings as well as M&A, with additional expertise in equity capital markets. Tim Shepherd and associate Matthew Wilkinson also assist with commercial matters in the industry.
‘Cains gambling practice handles a range of deals across the industry and have strong experience advising both gambling companies and lenders. ‘
‘Tim Shepherd and Matthew Wilkinson are very easy to work with and are across the key commercial and legal risks for banks/dealers in transactions involving gambling companies / the gambling industry.’
The Stars Group
- Advising a number of investors on the issuance of senior secured notes by Playtech PLC.
- Advising on the Isle of Man law aspects of an issue of senior notes and a revolving credit facility agreement in relation to the financing of Resorts World Las Vegas’ gaming resort.
- Acting for a consortium of banks including Danske Bank on the financing of the acquisition of Red Tiger Gaming Limited (an Isle of Man company) by NetEnt.