A&L Goodbody LLP's intellectual property practice stands out for its work representing clients in contentious matters, appearing before the Irish Commercial Court, High Court, and Supreme Court, as well as the General Court of the European Union. The team also handles IP protection and licensing for prominent companies, particularly in the pharmaceutical and technology sectors. Practice head John Whelan and John Cahir are the key partners in the team, handling both contentious and non-contentious IP work.
Intellectual property in Ireland
Other key lawyers:
John Cahir; Andrew Sheridan; Andrea Lawler
Amgen Technology (Ireland) Unlimited Company and Amgen, Inc.
Bank of Ireland
Commodores Entertainment Corporation
eStar Gaming Limited
- Acted for Amgen in High Court patent proceedings.
- Acting for Commodores Entertainment Corporation in relation to a dispute with Fifth Avenue Entertainment LLC before the General Court of the European Union with respect to rights in the name The Commodores.
- Acting for Diesel SpA in litigation concerning a trade mark dispute with an Irish company, Montex, which has been ongoing for a number of years, including an ongoing appeal in relation to admission of evidence.
Offering 'depth of knowledge that is second to none', Mason Hayes & Curran LLP advises multinational clients from a range of sectors on the registration, commercialisation and protection of intellectual property. The team's litigation work covers complex disputes in sectors including food and beverages, technology, and pharmaceutical. The team also advises a number of social media clients on Norwich Pharmacal orders related to breaches of copyrights by users of their sites. Practice head Gerard Kelly is known for handling contentious disputes and Brian McElligott handles much of the team's advisory IP work. Senior associate Eimear O’Brien is also noted for IP litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Brian McElligott; Eimear O’Brien
‘The Intellectual Property team have a depth of knowledge that is second to none. ’
‘Gerard Kelly has a wealth of knowledge on contentious IP matters and is very client focused.’
‘The IP team at Mason Hayes & Curran combine in depth legal expertise with a commercial “can do” approach. They know their stuff and are responsive and a pleasure to work with.’
‘The Intellectual Property practice provides commercially practical advice. It does not shy away from the difficult questions – but gives clear guidance on what exactly should be done. Key strengths are in AI and patent and trademark filing and best strategy for your business.’
‘Brian McElligott is an excellent IP and Technology lawyer. He also has a passion for AI and seems to be the leading lawyer in Ireland on this very hot topic.’
‘Responds in a very timely manner, very informative and patient enough to answer any questions, no matter how trivial they may be.’
‘Brian McElligott and the team at MHC perform top notch service for our US-based clients. We always look forward to the personable responses and total care. I know we can trust our US clients with MHC.’
‘Eimear O’Brien is an up-and-coming senior associate.’
Boyne Valley Unlimited Company
Facebook Ireland Limited
Julius Sämann Ltd.
The Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment
Virgin Media Television Limited
Teva Pharmaceuticals Ireland
Celltrion Inc., Celltrion Healthcare Hungary Kft., Mundipharma International Limited and Mundipharma Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Damien Rice and Damien Rice Music Limited
- Acting for Booking.com in High Court proceedings brought by Ryanair against Booking.com and Oy SRG Finland Ab.
- Managing Boyne Valley Unlimited Company’s portfolio of over 250 trade marks filed in multiple jurisdictions worldwide.
- Representing Virgin in seeking an injunction to restrain the defendant, Eircom Limited, trading as eir, from infringing the client’s copyright by broadcasting, displaying, or disseminating the client’s television channels on the defendant’s Apple TV product, known as eir TV.
McCann FitzGerald LLP is known for its work in complex patent litigation. In 2020, the team's caseload included acting for telecoms companies on breaches of copyright by their customers, and handling related Norwich Pharmacal orders, as well as representing clients in multi-jurisdictional disputes involving pharmaceutical patents. Fiona O’Beirne leads on contentious IP matters, while Paul Lavery handles non-contentious work including IP registration and licensing. Shane O’Brien also handles IP litigation, and is praised by clients as 'excellent in every way'. Adam Finlay is noted for his work on commercial agreements concerning the use of intellectual property assets.
Fiona O’Beirne; Paul Lavery
Other key lawyers:
Shane O’Brien; Adam Finlay
‘I was very impressed with the speed by which my inquiry was processed. The matter was delicate and required sensitivity. I was impressed with the speed in which the query was handled and the depth of analysis that came back.’
‘I worked with Shane O’Brien. He was excellent in every way, in particular his communication skills were superb.’
‘Top tier for complex patent litigation in Ireland. A great user friendly team ’
‘Fiona O’Bierne and Shane O’Brien make a fantastic team – approachable, pragmatic and client friendly.’
‘McCann FitzGerald have done a great job working with us on SPC litigation matters for our common client. It has been a pleasure working with Fiona O’Beirne and Shane O’Brien. I have been particularly impressed by the level of detail with which they engaged with the technical (scientific) aspects of the case, including all of the expert evidence – this has been a refreshing change compared with working with other Irish firms, where there has been a tendency to rely on UK solicitors for technical input. Fiona and Shane have also been extremely diligent and responsive and although I did not attend the Irish trial, I know that the client was impressed by their contribution and support for the advocates.’
Transport Infrastructure Ireland
Etraveli Group AB
National Transport Authority
Gilead Sciences Inc
- Representing Gilead in ongoing Commercial Court patent infringement/invalidity proceedings in multi-jurisdictional litigation against ViiV Healthcare Company and Shionogi & Co Limited in respect of Gilead’s integrase inhibitor for treatment of HIV, bictegravir.
- Represented Ryanair in Commercial Court proceedings brought by Julius Samann Limited alleging trade mark infringement in relation to trade marks registered in connection with tree-shaped air freshener products.
- Advising on the IP aspects of the disposal of Dubray Books to Easons.
Whitney Moore is known for its experience acting in litigation concerning life sciences patents, particularly biosimilars and medical devices. The team frequently handles the Irish aspects of multi-jurisdictional litigation, representing clients in the Irish Commercial Court, High Court, and Supreme Court. The team is led by Aoife Murphy and Robin Hayes; the duo have considerable experience in contentious intellectual property matters.
Aoife Murphy; Robin Hayes
Other key lawyers:
‘It is a top notch outfit, which responds in a timely manner with clear, concise and commercial advice.’
‘Robin Hayes is a first class operator. He has a wide area of expertise, with a sound commercial approach to back up his specialist IP skills. Highly recommended.’
‘The team has a great deal of experience in patent litigation in Ireland, particularly for life sciences clients. For that reason we regard them as one of our go to firms when putting together a team for pan-European litigation that requires Irish advice. They are a pleasure to work with. ’
‘Aoife Murphy has great experience and has been involved in many patent cases coming before the Irish courts in recent years, with experience of complex multi-national disputes and strategies. She is a pleasure to work with.’
‘We work with Whitney Moore in the area of Intellectual Property for which they have a strong reputation. In our dealings with them over the past number of years we have had first hand experience of their capabilities in this areas, which, in our experience justifies this well earned reputation. The area of IP is very complicated and requires a high level of competence to navigate successfully, our experience with Whitney Moore has instilled confidence in us in facing down challenges which might otherwise seem too daunting.’
‘Over the years our work has been exclusively with Robin Hayes. Robin is very professional in every aspect of how he manages our requirements. His ability to listen and help define our objectives is very well complemented by his focus on managing a successful outcome relative to the resources available. The advice we have received over the years has been valued highly in navigating the legal world. His input is always central to devising our steps forward in any legal actions we are involved in or contemplating pursuing.’
‘Tremendously capable and friendly, this firm knows how to get results.’
‘Aoife Murphy is very easy to work with and has a very practical approach to difficult legal and technical matters. Robin Hayes has a fine legal mind and is always probing complex disputes with thought-provoking questions. Kate Faulkner is an up and coming associate who is very helpful.’
Merck, Sharpe & Dohme Corp.
Generics UK Ltd (Mylan)
F Hoffmann-La Roche, Biogen Inc. and Genentech
EISAI R&D Management Co. Ltd
Shamrock Gift Company
- Acting for the claimant, Merck, Sharp & Dohme Corp., in patent infringement proceedings commenced against Clonmel Healthcare Ltd (a subsidiary of Stada) in April 2018 in the Commercial Court concerning Merck’s supplementary protection certificate for a combination drug used in cholesterol treatment.
- Acted for Edwards Lifesciences in patent infringement proceedings before the Commercial Court brought by Evalve Inc. (Abbott Cardiovascular Systems Inc) relating to Edwards’ Pascal transcatheter valve repair system.
- Acting for Amgen Inc. in patent infringement proceedings before the Commercial Court commenced by Fresenius Kabi in October 2018 relating to Amgen’s biosimilar of the blockbuster biologic drug Humira.
William Fry handles intellectual property registration, commercialisation, and protection across sectors including technology, food and beverages, life sciences, and fashion. Practice co-head Laura Scott is known for representing clients before the Commercial Court, particularly in patent disputes, while fellow co-head David Cullen handles both commercial agreements involving intellectual property and contentious litigation. Leo Moore also advises on multi-jurisdictional intellectual property licensing deals. Consultant Carol Plunkett is also well regarded for her work on IP disputes. Litigation specialists Colette Brady and Charleen O’Keeffe were promoted to partner in September 2020.
Laura Scott; David Cullen
Other key lawyers:
Leo Moore; Carol Plunkett; Colette Brady; Charleen O’Keeffe
‘A very dynamic team with profound knowledge and hands-on and to the point advice. Very experienced with the hot IP issues within the digitalizsation and technology area.’
‘Leo Moore is great to work with. He is extremely responsive and turns the work around quickly and always resources the matter well. I get very sharp and practical advice from him.’
‘Leo Moore of William Fry leads a really strong team and ensures that I get the right people at the right time ’
‘Leo Moore stands out not only because of his knowledge of the market, but also his understanding of client needs. He is a pleasure to deal with, and he is smart and fastidious in achieving commercial solutions for us. Like me, my clients equally appreciate his insights and solutions orientated approach to cases and the top notch results they get.’
‘Massive sectoral experience. Excellent international awareness. Innovative approach to disputes. Dedication to best outcomes. Discretion in advice. Commercial and practical focus. Business-mindedness.’
‘The team are responsive, they are very good communicators and help me to explain matters internally. They get to the heart of the problem quickly and are interested in our business generally so they understand the IP issues in context not just as an academic problem to be solved. They are good people and I like working with them. They make it their business to help me. ’
‘Leo Moore is a very knowledgeable IP lawyer. He is responsive and he works with good people there and it shows the team is cohesive and very productive under his leadership. Leo is a people’s person as well as being technically first class, he’s an excellent communicator. ’
‘The team led by David Cullen are personable, available, thorough and insightful. They managed a large transaction in a comprehensive way as if accountable directly to the in-house stakeholders.’
Bord Gáis Energy
Royal Dublin Society
- Acted for Genentech in Commercial Court SPC infringement proceedings against Amgen.
- Representing X-Celeprint in relation to complex multi-jurisdictional patent licensing arrangements and research and development agreements relating to its market-leading micro-transfer printing technology.
- Acting for Valeo Foods Group on various contentious trade mark infringement and parallel import issues; office actions before the Irish Patents Office, the UKIPO and OHIM; and the management of its significant trade mark portfolio.
Led by the experienced Alistair Payne, Acuatus handles complex contentious and non-contentious IP work, with a particular focus on the pharmaceutical and food and beverage sectors. The firm's work includes representing clients in patent litigation and trade mark disputes as well as providing advice on international brand protection and trade mark registration. Clients include both Irish companies and multinationals active in the Irish market.
Lambay Whiskey (Groupe Camus subsidiary)
Ogalas Unlimited (trading as Home Store & More)
Vectura Group Plc
Spartan Race Inc,
Treasury Wine Estates
Teagasc – The Agriculture and Food Development Authority
Vromo Limited (formerly WeBringg Ltd)
Spartan Race Inc
- Representing Mylan in an appeal to the Irish Court of Appeal by Gilead relating to the revocation of Gilead’s SPC for Truvada by the Irish High Court.
Arthur Cox's intellectual property practice handles a varied range of matters including IP registration, licensing agreements, and trade mark disputes. The team is also representing a number of clients in the High Court and Court of Appeal. The practice is led by Olivia Mullooly, with Rob Corbet heading the overall technology and innovation team. Gavin Woods is another key partner, offering experience in contentious IP work.
Olivia Mullooly; Rob Corbet
Other key lawyers:
Trinity College Dublin
Origin Enterprises plc
Foundry Innovation and Research 1 Limited (FIRE1)
Facebook Ireland Limited
- Acting for Ryanair in proceedings it has issued against flight comparison website Skyscanner and online travel agents for “screenscraping”.
- Acting for Facebook in respect of Irish High Court proceedings brought by a well-known Irish television personality regarding fake advertising on the platform.
- Advising FIRE1 on numerous IP development contracts.
DFMG Solicitors provides full-service intellectual property advice to clients, handling IP registration, protection, and commercialisation. The team's international client base spans the pharmaceutical, retail, and industrial sectors, and it frequently handles the Irish aspects of complex multi-jurisdictional litigation. Practice head Patricia McGovern is a highly experienced IP specialist, who has previously advised the Irish government on copyright law reform.
‘I believe that DFMG Solicitors is uniquely placed in the intellectual property sector in Ireland to offer advice and assistance in both litigation and trademark prosecution matters. ’
‘I would single out Patricia McGovern for a special mention. Patricia is a seasoned practitioner with an international profile who is very competent and offers clear and practical, business-oriented advice. Her ability to draft clear legal opinions without compromising on detail is exceptional, as too is her knowledge of legislative developments and case law at the European Court of Justice.’
‘DFMG is an excellent firm, the trademark team are responsive, provide creative and practical solutions and are genuinely nice people to work with.’
‘Patricia McGovern is exceptional. She is highly responsive, double checks on points, is communicative and is not afraid to pick up the phone and talk issues through. She is practical, focused and above all, commercial.’
‘I find the level of service to be excellent. The timeliness of the response to a question to the pragmatic advice given, the depth of technical knowledge of Irish, European and UK law and the cost effectiveness of this advice. Patricia and DFMG are my go-to solicitors.’
‘Patricia McGovern is my key contact. She is impressive with her knowledge of IP law and commercial and litigation aspects of IP for Ireland, UK and Europe. I have worked with Patricia for over 20 years and she is my key contact in Ireland and for Europe. I highly value her skills and expertise. She is a pleasure to work with.’
‘True trade mark experts; really know their stuff. Combined with incredible client service, they are the go-to IP experts in Ireland’
‘Patricia McGovern is the font of IP knowledge in Ireland and fabulous with clients. Understands exceptional client service, always with a sense of humour. A dream to have on your team!’
Fundacion Hospitalaria Internacional de San Lazaro de Jerusalen
- Represent various Sandoz entities and Rowex Limited, its distributor in Ireland, in a passing-off dispute with GSK.
- Representing 2 Uhlmann companies in their proceedings for patent infringement against an Irish entity, Predico UC.
- Handling the IP portfolio for Gilead Sciences Inc in Ireland which involves the prosecution of applications and dealing with oppositions and other challenges. Also filing international trade mark applications on behalf of Gilead and regularly involved in oppositions and other challenges on behalf of the client.
Matheson's intellectual property team handles the contentious and non-contentious aspects of patents, trade marks and copyright. The practice also advises on commercial contracts involving intellectual property, including IP franchising and licensing agreements. The team also advises on IP due diligence relating to M&A transactions. Practice head Deirdre Kilroy is particularly known for her work in the technology sector.
Other key lawyers:
‘Matheson’s IP team has expertise in all areas of IP: copyright, patents and trade marks. The key team strength is responsiveness and the personability of the team members.’
‘Deirdre Kilroy is exceptional.’
‘Deirdre Kilroy is an excellent intellectual property lawyer, providing smart and pragmatic IP advice. She tailors her advice so that it is pitched at the right level depending on the audience, and puts a lot of thought into the delivery of the advice.’
‘Deirdre Kilroy is an exceptional support for any in-house lawyer. She provides smart and pragmatic advice in a timely way. She is very clear-thinking and always considers the audience who will read her advice.’
In addition to handling the registration and commercialisation of intellectual property, Beauchamps is active in novel areas of IP law such as acting for copyright holders seeking blocking injunctions against websites distributing copyrighted materials. The team also advises on the acquisition and licensing of intellectual property. Practice head Maureen Daly has considerable experience handling complex intellectual property matters.
The Football Association Premier League Limited
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
Ordnance Survey Ireland
Shorla Pharma Limited
Allworth Diagnostics Limited
Global Equity Holdings, LLC
Mason MedStat Media, LLC
- Representing Bavaria N.V. in a trade mark appeal to the High Court of the decision of the Intellectual Property Office of Ireland. This is a battle between the registration of a trade mark on the one hand and the protected geographical indication (PGI) on the other.
- Advising Shorla Pharma on the protection of its brands not only in Europe but internationally as well as advising generally on IP-related matters.
- Advising Global Equity Holdings on the protection of its brands in Europe by way of trade mark registrations and prosecuting those applications at the EU Intellectual Property Office.
ByrneWallace LLP stands out in the market for its work in the life sciences sector, where it advises on the IP aspects of corporate transactions, the commercialisation of IP rights, and the spin outs of life sciences companies from universities. The team also advises on IP registration and infringement in areas including media, academia and technology. The team is led by Colin Sainsbury (who also leads the firm's life sciences team), Darren Daly and Jon Legorburu.
Colin Sainsbury; Darren Daly; Jon Legorburu
‘Referred to the Intellectual team we were delighted to meet Mark O’Shaughnessy and his team and were comforted by their grasping of the matter, their ability to communicate complex legal concepts and their ability to clearly strategise the most efficient path to manage the threat. I would commend their capacity to communicate the complex in a clear and productive style.’
‘I found Mark O’Shaughnessy to be excellent in all respects. I felt he was exceedingly engaged and energised by the matter and was wholly committed to our interests. I found this level of commitment to be quite different from other legal engagements where the client is sometimes made to feel to be nuisance in a busy day of other, more important matters.’
‘Very experienced in licensing agreements. Creative in identifying solutions.’
‘Colin Sainsbury brings tremendous depth of experience in life sciences and pharmaceutical. Thorough and creative.’
PrecisionBiotics Group Limited (formerly Alimentary Health Limited)
OneProjects Design Innovation Limited (OneProjects)
Q3 Medical Devices Limited
Parcel Connect Limited t/a Fastway Couriers
The Abbey Theatre
The National Library of Ireland
Latch Medical Limited
McCauley Pharmacy Group
Mainstream Renewable Power
- Advising PrecisionBiotics Group on a number of IP-related agreements, particularly in relation to the sale of PBG to Novozymes A/S.
- Advised OneProjects on the in-licensing of its formative intellectual property from Trinity College Dublin.
- Advising Avectas Limited on a broad range of legal matters following its spin out from the National University of Ireland, Maynooth in 2012.
Eugene F. Collins advises companies from sectors including food and beverages, hospitality and technology, on the management of intellectual property portfolios. The practice acts alongside the firm's corporate team to provide due diligence advice on the IP aspects of corporate acquisitions. David Hackett leads the team, with senior associate Jane Farren another key contact.
Other key lawyers:
‘EFC understand our business and support us in being successful. They deliver advice in a knowledgeable manner and are very much in partnership with us.’
Johnson & Johnson Corporation
McGee Pharma International
Harvey Norman Trading (Ireland) Limited
Harvey Norman Holdings (Australia) Limited
Kylemore Abbey Trust
Hickey & Co Limited
Social Talent Limited
Dawn Farm Foods Limited
P J Rigney Distillery and International Brands Limited
The Juice Plus+ Company, LLC
Johnson & Johnson Group (includes Neutrogena Corporation, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies, DePuy Synthes, Inc.)
The Farm Channel
Atlantic Therapeutics Group Limited
Society for Chartered Surveyors Ireland (SCSI)
Marks & Spencer
Cilag GMBH International
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc
Ask 4 Broadband
Tifco Hotel Group
Irish Hospice Foundation
Financial Risk Solutions
Aerospace Software Developments
Walsh Whiskey Distillery
Knight and Day Jewellery
- Acting for BSkyB in protecting its proprietary rights relating to sports broadcasts.
- Handling all of Johnson & Johnson’s Irish trade mark searches and Irish filings.
- Advising Arkphire Group on the IP aspects of its acquisition of the issued share capital of Trilogy Technologies Group Limited and its five trading subsidiaries.
Eversheds Sutherland advises on commercial transactions involving intellectual property, as well as representing clients in disputes related to allegations of passing-off. Marie McGinley leads the team, which is able to draw on the support of partners from the firm's dispute resolution and corporate practices.
Independent News and Media PLC
Tetrarch Capital Limited
Professional Development Service for Teachers
Adaptics Limited t/a Drop
Goffs Bloodstocks Sales Limited
Arachas Corporate Brokers Limited
Educational Research Centre
Insolvency Services of Ireland
Competition and Consumer Protection Commissioner
Residential Tenancies Board
- Advising Goffs on all aspects of its brand protection and promotional activity, including the exploitation of the Goffs brand as part of its sponsorship, advertising and partnership arrangements. Also represented Goffs in a recent High Court action taken by Goffs in respect of the unauthorised use of Goffs’ trade marks, design rights, copyright (and image rights).
- Acted for Clanwilliam on the IP aspects of the acquisition of KM Medical Software, an Irish cloud-based healthcare software specialist.
- Manage Tetrarch’s trade mark portfolio for all its properties, as well as advising the client on the IP aspects of its rebranding project for Mount Juliet Estate hotel.
Advertising agencies, retailers, and media organisations are among the clients that Hayes Solicitors LLP advises on intellectual property matters. The practice is particularly active in handling the IP aspects of corporate and commercial transactions. David Phelan leads the team.
Other key lawyers:
Joe O’Malley; Laura Fannin; Jeremy Erwin
Boys & Girls
Institute of Advertising Practitioners in Ireland
Irish National Teachers Organisation
ISQua – International Accreditation Body
Newsbrands Ireland Limited
Newspaper Licensing Ireland Limited
Repak ELT CLG
Society of the Irish Motor Industry (SIMI)
The Association of Promotional Marketing Consultants in Ireland
The Irish Cancer Society
The Irish Fairy Door Company
The Irish Times
- Advising Primark on intellectual property issues.
LK Shields Solicitors LLP advises domestic and international clients on the full range of IP matters. The team is especially active in the media and entertainment sector, where it advises on trade mark infringements, passing off disputes, and copyright clearances, among other matters. The group is also active in advising consumer goods and food and beverage companies. The practice is led by Peter Bolger; Ciaran Markey handles contentious work and is another key contact.
Other key lawyers:
Ciarán Markey; Jeanne Kelly
‘Our two main points of contact are Peter Bolger and Jeanne Kelly. They are not only our solicitors but have become friends of our business. During the pandemic, they organised multiple casual catch-ups to ensure that our business and our employees were all doing well. They are advocates for our business which as a start-up is incredibly valuable.’
‘Led from the front by Peter Bolger. Friendly, easy to deal with, approachable, bright and knows his stuff. We primarily use him for Irish trademark work.’
‘They have real strength in depth. Every member is very commercial, pragmatic and great with clients.’
‘Peter Bolger is great on technology matters and very easy to deal with. Jeanne Kelly is also extremely strong on tech and fintech and very bright.’
‘Practical solutions offered.’
FreemantleMedia Limited and Simco Limited
C&F Tooling Limited
- Advised a social media company on a re-brand of one of its products in Ireland.
- Advised a leading listed company on its master franchise arrangements in Ireland for a globally recognised brand.
- Acting in Commercial Court and Supreme Court proceedings for our FreemantleMedia in protecting the GOT TALENT brand from infringement in Ireland.
Pinsent Masons LLP
Pinsent Masons LLP's IP team has quickly established itself as a key destination for contentious work, with a particular focus on the pharmaceutical sector. The group represents clients in the High Court and Commercial Court and has also been instructed on the Irish aspects of multi-jurisdictional litigation. The team is led by Ann Henry and Michael Finn.
Ann Henry; Michael Finn
‘A first class IP service including counselling, advice, transaction and litigation provided by world class lawyers who partner with their clients to provide the best results possible.’
‘The key strength within Pinsent Masons was their approachability.’
‘The individual who stood out to me was Ann Henry. She was so down to earth. I felt so at home. She was professional and extremely experienced. She put me at ease with her friendly manner and I liked her confidence in her abilities. Ann was wonderful to work with.’
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Snorkel Europe Limited
Travel Counsellors Limited
Flogas Ireland Limited
DCC Energy Limited
- Representing Teva in a number of contentious patent matters, including its appeal of a High Court refusal to revoke European Patent No. (IE) 1379220 entitled ‘Inhalation Capsules’, which is owned by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG.
- Representing Snorkel Europe in Commercial Court proceedings against Instant UpRight Limited, UI Property Limited and Go Direct Access Limited, for breach of contract (including a trade mark licence agreement), passing-off and related claims.
- Representing Travel Counsellors Limited in defending Commercial Court proceedings issued by Trailfinders (Ireland) Limited for breach of confidence and trade secrets.
Ronan Daly Jermyn's intellectual property practice is known for its work advising universities on IP matters related to their research, particularly IP forged through collaborative research arrangements with the private sector. The team's client base in this area includes many of the most high-profile Irish universities. The group also advises private sector clients on contentious and non-contentious IP matters. The practice is jointly lead by Diarmaid Gavin, who focuses on non-contentious work, and litigator Darryl Broderick. Corporate partner JP Gilmartin assists with the IP aspects of transactions.
Diarmaid Gavin; Darryl Broderick
Other key lawyers:
University of Limerick
University College Cork
Knowledge Transfer Ireland
Trinity College Dublin
University College Dublin
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Wissam Al Mana