TMT in Greece
Lawyers of Bernitsas Law deliver ‘perfect consultancy’ on regulatory compliance, licensing, data protection, commercial agreements, corporate transactions, reporting requirements and TMT-related disputes, particularly those pertaining to IT contracts and systems procurement. The team represents a broad array of clients, including technology companies, television, radio station and newspaper groups, and telecoms providers, among others, and has been extremely active in respect of GDPR in recent years, supporting on a number of compliance projects. Department head Augustine Almyroudi is an M&A, privatisation and joint venture specialist while Marina Androulakakis is an acclaimed name for EU and competition matters in the TMT sector. Senior associate Tania Patsalia supports telecoms operators on licensing requirements, annual reporting obligations and the launch of new services.
Other key lawyers:
Marina Androulakakis; Tania Patsalia
‘Results were delivered on time and covered all requested specifications.’
‘The professionalism was outstanding.’
‘Very strong and efficient team; excellent level of services; prompt and accurate input; high level of professionalism; deep knowledge of the relevant subjects.’
‘Very deep knowledge of the topics and of the market. Easily accessible for questions, friendly and organised, with a high level of experience in the specified topics and a high quality of work. In addition, they provided prompt input and were very efficient, even in very difficult or complicated cases.’
‘They cautiously give answers, taking into consideration different parameters. A highly professional attitude with appropriate knowledge and perfect consultancy.’
‘The team is brilliant to work with; their research and development of the case and how quickly they are able to grasp information to a very high level is outstanding. They make themselves available at all times in order to help their clients. We were very happy with their work on our case.’
‘Brilliant team members who ensured an outstanding result for our case.’
‘Dedicated team members, who strive for the best outcomes.’
Acun Media Group
- Advised Acun Medya Turkey & Acun Medya Greece on their production and broadcasting activities in Greece, including providing sector-specific advice related to labour, tax and data privacy.
- Advised BMW Hellas and BMW Austria Bank (Athens Branch) on data protection and e-privacy related matters.
At Karatzas & Partners, the team supports telecoms clients on the full suite of day-to-day and regulatory matters, including antitrust issues, disputes and complaints; it is also active in the online, social media and broadcasting sectors and is geared to handle M&A, transactions, commercial agreements and financings, among many other matters. Department head Anna Manda is vastly experienced in the telecoms space, frequently acting on the IPOs of major mobile operators.
WIND Hellas Telecommunications S.A.
TIWS Greece Telecommunications Services
- Advising WIND Hellas on a day-to-day basis, and acting as Greek counsel to the client and its parent group companies in a €525m high-yield bond offering by Crystal Almond, the direct parent company of WIND Hellas.
- Advising Greek online marketplace and price comparison website Skroutz on an ongoing basis, particularly in relation to multisided platforms.
- Advising Greek newspaper Kathimerini on an ongoing basis, including on corporate and financing matters.
A TMT practice with 'top talent, deep sector-specific expertise and vast experience’, Nikolinakos & Partners Law Firm caters to an enviable client roster which includes name such as Facebook, BT, AT&T, Spotify and Sony Interactive Entertainment. Its key fields of work include regulatory, competition, data protection, administrative and IP matters, as well as disputes, with clients also highlighting the team's strength in emerging digital technologies. Nikos Nikolinakos , described as 'the leading legal expert in the TMT area in Greece', is a ‘standout figure in the field of telecoms and technology law’; he jointly leads the team with the ‘outstanding’ Dina Kouvelou. Alexis Spyropoulos is the other key name and is noted for his 'extensive knowledge of telecoms regulation'.
Nikos Nikolinakos; Ms Dina Kouvelou
Other key lawyers:
‘The overall level of service is impressive, solution-oriented and very customer-focused. It is a regulatory powerhouse.’
’‘Nikos Nikolinakos is the leading legal expert in the TMT area in Greece and is the standout figure in the field of telecoms and technology law. He is an excellent strategist, detail-oriented, and strong in technical legal analysis.’
‘Dina Kouvelou is an outstanding TMT and competition law expert. She is singled out for her masterful technical knowledge of telecoms infrastructure and understanding of telecoms regulation. She is extremely business-oriented, proactive, and an effective strategist.’
‘Alexis Spyropoulos consistently delivers an exceptional standard and quality of work. He has a calm manner and an extensive knowledge of telecoms regulation. He is responsive and accurate, provides a high level of quality and efficiency in his work, and is good value for money.’
‘This TMT practice has top talent, deep sector-specific expertise and vast experience. They are the top law firm in the telecoms sector in Greece, providing data protection advice of the highest quality. They regularly provide advice relating to emerging technologies. They must be praised for their industry knowledge and business acumen. They always provide outstanding service and innovative solutions. Their regulatory expertise, combined with their competition law specialisation, gives them an extra advantage.’
‘Nikos Nikolinakos is an expert in telecoms and technology law. He is particularly effective, pleasant in giving advice, exceptionally responsive and delivers value for money. Nikos is a very effective litigator before the regulatory authorities, competition commissions and administrative courts. I should underline his expertise in issues relating to emerging digital technologies.’
‘Dina Kouvelou is an impressive TMT lawyer who has a business understanding that goes beyond legal matters. She is solution-oriented and extremely experienced. She is also dedicated, fast and accurate. She is a top-notch data privacy lawyer in relation to her technical skills, business acumen, and practical solutions.’
‘Nikolinakos & Partners Law Firm is a excellent firm when it comes to telecoms regulatory, competition law and technology-related matters. It has great business sense and outstanding industry expertise in the telecoms and digital business sectors. It provides excellent services in the IT and data fields.’
Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Netflix International B.V.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited (“SIEE”)
Huawei Technologies S.A.
British Telecom (BT) – Global Services
Victus Networks S.A.
Olayan Investments Company Establishment
Volkswagen Bank S.A.
- Supported Vodafone Greece and Vodafone Group in creating Greece’s leading tower infrastructure company through a merger with Wind Hellas’ tower assets.
- Providing ongoing legal support to Airbnb Inc. regarding the Greek framework on the sharing economy and the status of information society service providers and platforms.
- Providing ongoing legal support to Facebook Inc. on various matters regarding the Greek framework of emerging digital technologies, service providers, platforms, social media and content regulation.
The ‘level of service is exceptional’ at Zepos & Yannopoulos as it supports its clients, including several extremely prominent multinationals, on a range of TMT matters; examples include data protection, cybersecurity, AI, telecoms regulatory and related corporate affairs. Athina Skolarikou specialises in the telecoms, IT, media and entertainment sectors and is particularly experienced when it comes to cross-border M&A, joint ventures and commercial agreements. Mary Deligianni leads the department alongside Skolarikou and demonstrates a track record in major data breach incidents, data privacy compliance programmes and outsourcing agreements.
Athina Skolarikou; Mary Deligianni
‘The level of service is exceptional.’
‘They stand out through their level of knowledge and collaboration.’
- Advised Microsoft on the use of drones and on the issuance of the necessary permits for the operation of such drones to be used in the context of the digitalisation of Ancient Olympia.
- Advised Tencent on the Greek regulatory requirements for the launch of a teleworking tool application in Greece.
- Assisted a global cloud provider with a comprehensive review and assessment of the Greek regime on the access rights of law enforcement agencies to data stored in data centres located in Greece or abroad.
At A. & K. Metaxopoulos & Partners Law Firm, managing partner Kriton Metaxopoulos has a distinguished reputation for his representation of major US film studios in extremely high-profile audio-visual censorship cases; he jointly leads the team alongside Irini Daroussou, whose clients include record labels, radio stations, publishing and film production companies. The firm is a member of the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance and specialises in acting for major multinationals in clearing their commercials for the Greek market. Its workload includes data privacy, gambling law, image rights and media-related IP matters.
Kriton Metaxopoulos; Irini Daroussou
Other key lawyers:
GALA – ADVERTISING CLIENTS
- Continued to assist foreign major corporations with the review of several advertising campaigns, ensuring their compliance with Greek laws and providing advice with regard to the potential legal risks they may pose, as part of the firm’s membership of the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance.
- Advised a leading Greek research agency on its newly established partnership with a leading company in worldwide online surveys and the expansion of their mutual business in Greece.
- Advising a leading provider of background music services on all matters relevant to copyrights and in particular collective management of rights.
Andersen Legal - Pistiolis - Triantafyllos & Associates Law Firm is home to ‘deep knowledge’ of data protection issues in particular and supports its clients on the full array of GDPR affairs. The team is increasingly active in the betting, gaming and lottery sectors with clients also commending its ‘vast experience' in cyber security, risk and regulatory matters. Department head Themistoklis Giannakopoulos ‘definitively stands out from his competitors’ thanks to his 'TMT expertise', particularly in the telecoms sector. His team includes two standout supervising associates: Nicholas Zelios who provides ‘a unique combination of legal as well as IT expertise’ and the ‘well-rounded’ Kleio Kondi, who is an up-and-coming name for corporate issues within the TMT sector. Further strength at junior level is provided by associate Symeon Kretsis, a 'GDPR expert with very promising skills'.
Other key lawyers:
Nicholas Zelios; Kleio Kondi; Theodore Pistiolis; Symeon Kretsis
‘They have the best knowledge of data protection legislation. The team has been providing continuous support due to their vast experience but most of all their way of thinking. They are unique on this since they think more as entrepreneurs than as a typical legal adviser.’
‘Themistoklis Giannakopoulos has proved to be a valuable supporting partner to us, especially on the GDPR challenges. He has proactively educated us and that gave us a first-mover’s advantage in our addressable market.’
‘Deep knowledge, vast experience and business-oriented advice in the TMT sector, and specifically in data protection, cyber security, risk and regulatory compliance. Remarkable ability to understand business peculiarities and to adapt the legal advice accordingly. Surprising astuteness and ability to find solutions even in cases where it seemed impossible. Excellent quality/pricing ratio, and in one specific situation the legal advice saved a lot of money for the companies involved. I am not aware of any other firm that comprises all the above.’
‘Themistoklis Giannakopoulos definitely stands out from all other competitors in the field for his deep expertise and ability to see the problem before it arises and at the same time recommend the suitable solution. He is business-minded – every time we work with him we feel that he is one of us and has been working as a part of the team for a long time. Associate Symeon Kretsis is also to be noted; he is talented, precise and always available – in short, a rising star.’
‘Kleio Kondi is a well-rounded legal professional with profound expertise in the field of data protection, and is capable of providing accurate and prompt advice in this area. Her strong communication skills and her ability to quickly understand the particularities of different projects are the key elements that makes her stand out and differentiate her from competitors in the field.’
‘The whole team is very efficient, proactive and with a great eye for detail. Strong, in-depth knowledge and vast experience are only some of their capabilities. The advice is always accurate and to the point and goes beyond legal interpretations to finding and recommending specific actions and alternatives.’
‘Theodore Pistiolis is without doubt business-oriented and highly qualified in the TMT field. Themistoklis Giannakopoulos demonstrates top TMT expertise. Symeon Kretsis is a GDPR expert with very promising skills.’
‘Nicholas Zelios provides a unique combination of legal as well as IT expertise. He is a bona-fide legal professional. He is different from competitors because he excels with his technological expertise and knowledge in legal compliance and information security matters.’
INTRASOFT INTERNATIONAL S.A.
ODYSSEY VENTURE PARTNERS
PLAISIO COMPUTERS S.A.
BLUE STAR FERRIES
GENTING GROUP OF COMPANIES
AEGEAN BALTIC BANK
GLAXO SMITHKLINE GREECE
EULER HERMES HELLAS
INMARSAT HELLAS S.A.
INMARSAT VENTURES LIMITED
- Advised Genting Malta, a member of Genting Group of Companies, on all related legal, regulatory and technology issues in respect of its potential participation in the tender process of Hellinikon IRC, for an investment to reach or exceed €1bn.
- Providing British American Tobacco (Greece, Malta, Cyprus and Israel cluster) with the full range of services as data protection officer and advising on data protection compliance.
- Advised a group of companies active in the satellite services market on its legal and regulatory obligations towards the regulatory authorities in Greece and Cyprus.
AP Legal fields a team of ‘experts in TMT sector law’, supporting domestic and multinational clients on regulatory, transactional and project mandates, including those that reach beyond Greece to the wider Balkans region. Aris Papaspyridis ‘brings in-depth international knowledge of technology law’, while fellow department co-head Alexandra Argyropoulou is noted for her strength in disputes, media and M&A matters, among others. Their team is also equipped to support on competition and GDPR compliance mandates.
Aris Papaspyridis; Alexandra Argyropoulou
‘The overall level of service is excellent. The firm is extremely responsive and always focusing on the production of results for the benefit of the client. AP Legal provides better value for money, as the firm is customer-centric and provides end-to-end service.’
‘Aris Papaspyridis has deep knowledge and understanding of the telecoms industry, and strong legal skills. He is also a very good negotiator.’
‘Experts in TMT sector law.’
‘Aris Papaspyridis is very practical and great to work with. He has an international background having worked with HSF in London.’
‘AP Legal combines the industry knowledge that we need with advice that protects us but at the same time helps us grow our business. Their response times are excellent and they are definitely worth the money we pay for them. In most of the cases where there was dispute with a client or supplier they helped us resolve the issue, avoiding lengthy court proceedings.’
‘I work mostly with Aris Papaspiridis. Aris brings in-depth international knowledge of technology law, which is what we are looking for. He is excellent in reviewing, drafting and negotiating all types of agreements. He is also very knowledgeable and efficient, never forgetting our business goals.’
‘Senior partner availability, business sense, results-driven and transparent.’
‘Alexandra Argyropoulou and Aris Papaspyridis have been supporting our business needs non-stop for the last 20 years. Their devotion is exceptional.’
Telecom Italia Sparkle
KAPOUANO INSURANCE BROKERS
- Advised Telecom Italia Sparkle on its €10m joint venture with IBM Hellas for the purposes of participation in the Syzefxis tender for the construction of new data centres in Greece.
- Representing Newsphone Hellas before the administrative courts in a €4m dispute against local operators.
- Represented ATU in €3.8m-worth of transactions for the provision of dark fibre to other telecoms operators.
The TMT offering at Fortsakis, Diakopoulos, Mylonogiannis & Associates Law Firm is fronted by founding partner Dimitris Diakopoulos; he advises players in the technology, broadcasting and telecoms sectors on a range of contractual, transactional and regulatory affairs. He is a particularly renowned figure in the field of Olympic broadcasting and his team is also extremely adept when it comes to TMT-related direct and indirect tax matters.
Other key lawyers:
Olympic Broadcasting Services S.L.
Wavemaker Hellas SA
- Advising Olympic Broadcasting Services S.L. on a significant number of contracts with suppliers of equipment and services for the construction of facilities for the Tokyo Olympic Games and Paralympics Games.
- Acting as legal counsel to Vodafone-Panafon SA in a dispute over the legality of the imposition of stamp duties on cash-pooling transactions between a Greek subsidiary and other companies of the Vodafone Group based outside of Greece.
- Instructed by Wind SA to contest before the Greek courts the validity and legality of certain municipal fees that have been imposed on the company in relation to the construction of its network.
Kyriakides Georgopoulos Law Firm is home to longstanding expertise in advising telecoms providers on rollouts, operations, restructurings and reorganisations. The team is also active in the television market, where it supports on financings, among other matters, and also directs particular attention to supporting start-ups. Department head Konstantinos Vouterakos is an IT and communications law specialist; his team also excels in technology-related matters, transactional affairs, regulatory issues, cyber security and data privacy.
Other key lawyers:
Elisabeth Eleftheriades; Anastasia Dritsa; Elina Georgili; Victoria Mertikopoulou; Evangelia Dimitropoulou
Beat Mobility Services SA
Instashop Limited LTD
Online Delivery Services SA
Amazon Web Services
Delivery Hero SE
- Advised Instashop Limited on the acquisition of 100% of the company’s shares by Delivery Hero.
- Acting as counsel to the Greek branch of Buongiorno SpA on matters of Greek regulatory law, particularly with respect to innovative services provided to telecoms services operators’ subscribers via apps developed by Buongiorno.
- Acted as legal adviser to Alpha Bank S.A., National Bank of Greece S.A., Attica Bank S.A. and Piraeus Bank S.A., the lending banks and shareholders in Greek-listed telecoms and pay TV company Forthnet S.A., in relation to the managing of their credit exposure in the issuer.
A TMT team with the ‘highest level of knowledge’, Lambadarios Law Firm is primarily active in the media, entertainment and technology sectors, though it also receives instructions from FMCG, healthcare and utilities entities. It demonstrates specialist knowledge in a number of matters, including data protection, data privacy, defamation, e-commerce, cloud services, cyber security, new products and marketing clearances, in addition to related M&A and disputes. The department is headed by managing partner Constantinos Lambadarios and Chara Daouti, a ‘TMT expert’ who provides the group with internet law, social media and start-up expertise.
Chara Daouti; Constantinos Lambadarios
Other key lawyers:
‘Lambadarios Law Firm’s TMT team is young yet very experienced and business-oriented. They know the law and the case law but also understand the client’s needs and requests, thus providing complete and practical advice.’
‘Chara Daouti is the TMT expert. She knows each and every aspect of the market, from those that are common to more traditional businesses to the most specific and new issues, and is able to assist on all of them. She is clear, direct and has no fear of asking questions to get to the core of the issue.’
‘A very strong team with the highest level of knowledge and a focus on results and relationships.’
‘ Compared to other law firms in Greece, Lambadarios Law Firm is more client-friendly, making it easier to have a direct connection with them as well as getting the exact support requested. Their spirit of collaboration is indeed unique among the law firms in Greece.’
‘Chara Daouti is friendly in client relationships but also disciplined in her practice. She is more flexible in our dealings than the other law firms we work with in Greece which makes it easier for me to connect and request support. She is also knowledgeable and is on time for our deadlines.’
Leading US search engine
Procter & Gamble
- Advising a leading US search engine on a daily basis on responding to users’ requests for removal of content under data protection and privacy laws, as well as dealing with commercial and marketing matters, advising on the launch of novel products and representing the client before the Hellenic Data Protection Authority and all regulatory authorities.
- Advising Sony Electronics on navigating the complex area of copyright and collective rights management in Greece.
- Advised healthcare company Iaso on data issues, and provided data protection officer services, in sensitive matters including those regarding patient confidentiality and clinical trials.
Lawyers at PotamitisVekris Law Firm demonstrate ‘very good knowledge of data privacy legislation’. The team has significantly expanded its dedicated data protection and privacy practice group in recent years, primarily acting for clients in the banking, technology, telecoms, educational, healthcare and pharmaceuticals space. In addition, the group is active in the IT, social media, technology, celebrity and event management fields, supporting on transactional, dispute, unfair competition and administrative and advertising affairs. Xenophon Paparrigopoulos is the team’s go-to option for IP, data protection, regulatory, EU and competition mandates; he jointly fronts the practice with managing partner Stathis Potamitis.
Xenophon Paparrigopoulos; Stathis Potamitis
‘They always comply with the deadlines, and demonstrate very good knowledge of data privacy legislation.’
‘All partners demonstrate a high level of collaboration capabilities.’
Coca-Cola HBC Services
Coca-Cola Hellenic SAIC
Procter & Gamble Hellas
Bank of Cyprus
Watt & Volt
RUTGERS, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY
Philippos Nakas Conservatory
Premier Capital Hellas SA
Melissa Kikizas AEVE
Alpha Ventures Capital Management
Hotel Investment Partners
OAKTREE Capital Management LP
Follie Follie Group
- Retained to advise Melissa Kikizas AEVE in relation to a co-production, sponsorship, endorsement and digital marketing agreement with a world – famous athlete.
- Retained to represent WIND Hellas before the Supreme Court in connection with two actions for the annulment of fines imposed on the company by the Greek Data Protection Authority for marketing practices that are deemed to violate data protection legislation.
- Retained to advise Hotel Investment Partners in connection with data protection matters arising from the acquisition and operation of five hotels in Greece, including the processing of sensitive data of hotel guests.
Tsoukala and Partners Law Firm
Tsoukala and Partners Law Firm's ‘well-known TMT practice’ is adept in a broad array of relevant fields, including telecoms, technology law, fintech, e-business, e-commerce and online digital banking and investment services, data protection and all forms of SaaS agreements. Managing partner Eleni Tsoukala’s international experience is frequently cited as a key differentiator, with one client praising her as ‘one of the leading lawyers in Greece’; she is particularly focused on cross-border transactions, broadcasting rights tenders, financing transactions, and multimedia and product distribution. She leads the team together with Constantinos Kapitsinos.
Eleni Tsoukala; Constantinos Kapitsinos
Other key lawyers:
‘They are highly experienced, thorough, professional, extremely commercial, international and very well-connected in Greece with the authorities and market players alike.’
‘Eleni Tsoukala is one of the leading lawyers in Greece and I have distinguished her for her immense legal experience and commercial understanding, unique international background with prior City of London experience and stellar market reputation. I would also recommend Ioanna Moumtzoglou as being a real asset for the team, leading on a number of the major transactions, and having an international background and prior London experience, as well as thorough and analytical skills and longstanding practical experience with public authorities in Greece.’
‘I would highly recommend Eleni Tsoukala for her cross-border expertise, seniority and standing in the market, and impeccable legal and commercial judgement. Further, I would also recommend Ioanna Moumtzoglou for her thorough legal skill-set.’
‘The team stands out due its large and broad team, excellent resources and experience of the local market and exceptional skill-set in all types of local and cross-border deals.’
‘One of the founding members and partners, Eleni Tsoukala is undoubtedly one of the most senior and leading legal figures in Greece. She is a star and stands out markedly in any transaction, especially for her highly pragmatic and commercial approach. Ioanna Moumtzoglou is a highly professional lawyer who has detailed knowledge of Greek law and practical experience.’
‘They have an extremely well-known TMT practice, which is very diverse and can address the needs of any client from any industry. Their full-service practice stands out and they also stand out for their remarkable expertise in technology and fintech work, a rare expertise that very few firms possess in Greece at the moment.’
‘Tsoukala and Partners Law Firm stands out for being adaptive to client needs and offering timely and realistic legal solutions.’
‘Eleni Tsoukala and Ioanna Moumtzoglou are highly capable and offer a very holistic and client-tailored service covering a wide spectrum of fields.’
Delivery Hero SE
The Olayan Group
The Viohalco Group
NASDAQ-listed ADTRAN, Inc.
- Advising a leading overseas payment services institution on the provision of online merchant acquiring services in Greece.
- Advising a major US broker-dealer on the potential launching of its digital platform for the provision of investment services in Greece and potential passporting requirements and procedure after the relevant launch pursuant to MiFID II.
- Advising a fast-growing technology company based in Greece on funding.
AVK LEGAL, a specialist IP and TMT firm, covers the full array of IT matters, including cloud computing, artificial intelligence and software development issues. The team is also well equipped to act on data protection and privacy affairs, including GDPR compliance, and is notably active in the media and entertainment space, where its services cover transactions, disputes, agency and distribution agreements, advertising and pre-publication advice, among many other mandates. Alexandros Koliothomas serves as department head.
‘Alexandros Koliothomas is a distinguished legal professional and one of the most prominent national experts on IP and digital technology issues. He has been leading significant regulatory reforms in the field of digital transformation, with strong dedication and a solid knowledge of a wide range of legal disciplines. Above all, Alexandros’s practice is distinguished by his resourceful thinking, straightforward approach and profound knowledge of his clients’ business environment and needs.’
‘Alexandros Koliothomas has the necessary expertise and experience and he has been very effective in the service provided. He provided his legal services in a timely and professional manner, and he cooperated with the company’s internal legal advisers and the relevant executives, and the result of his work covered all the terms and conditions required on time.’
‘I consider AVK Legal as a valuable partner and its legal advice, especially on technology and intellectual property, has proven to be particularly important and useful for our company and its activity. Additionally, its fees were fully remunerative in relation to the legal services provided.’
‘My experience of AVK is that this practice is unique because of its skill in addressing the issues in a negotiation with the necessary legal tact and etiquette, but with such precision and sharpness that the other side can be stunned and mesmerised, even with strong representation. The advice I received and continue to receive is of a very high quality and that advice is followed up with strong positioning in negotiations.’
‘Alexandros Koliothomas is an ultra-sharp, very talented, confidence-inspiring attorney that I am proud to have as counsel. I felt secure that I was able to conduct negotiations from a position of legal strength. The confidence that Mr Koliothomas inspires and inspired in me is unique. I would recommend him without hesitation.’
‘Alexandros Koliothomas is resourceful and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to deploying his arsenal of legal skills.’
PROCTER & GAMBLE HELLAS
INFO-QUEST TECHNOLOGIES S.A.
OLYMPIC S.A. (AVIS)
DIMERA EKDOTIKI S.A.
NEA ODOS S.A.
ORAMA MINIMAL FRAMES LTD.
UNIVERSITY OF MACEDONIA
- Successfully represented SAP Hellas S.A. in a lawsuit brought by a company’s client over the supply, installation and provision of software services in respect of SAP software.
- Successfully represented Procter & Gamble Hellas in a petition for injunction and a lawsuit brought by Sarantis SA, the owner of cleaning products under the trade mark AVA, in respect of a claim that the global TV and other commercials for P&G’s product Fairy constituted allegedly misleading advertising and unfair competition.
- Advised Info Quest Technologies in respect of licensing (VAR) agreements relating to the distribution of Microsoft cloud products and services.
The TMT practice at Avramopoulos & Partners is headed by Barbara Angelopoulou, acclaimed for her ‘excellent knowledge in telecoms matters’. The team is extremely active in the sector, acting on corporate and commercial ventures in addition to transactions and regulatory issues. Areas of specific expertise include data privacy, electronic contracts and signatures, CRM issues, internet start-ups and licensing procedures.
‘Excellent telecoms lawyers, high level of expertise, very responsive, excellent market overview.’
‘Barbara Angelopoulou possesses excellent knowledge in telecoms matters and is great to work with, very reliable and responsive.’
Sabre Hellas S.A.
Ballas, Pelecanos & Associates LPC
Ballas, Pelecanos & Associates LPC combines ‘an excellent grasp of complex legal issues’ with a ‘great commercial and practical approach’. The team covers the full array of technology, GDPR and media affairs. Gregory Pelecanos is particularly focused on the IT space and George Ballas is well regarded for security, data protection and privacy matters; they jointly lead the team alongside 'excellent’ senior associate Theodore Konstantakopoulos.
Gregory Pelecanos; George Ballas
‘Excellent grasp of complex legal issues which they apply to truly cutting-edge fact patterns. Great commercial and practical approach.’
‘Theodore Konstantakopoulos in particular is excellent.’
Audi AG (via Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP)
Ford Motor Hellas and Ford Europe
Volvo Cars Hellas and Volvo Car Corporation
Porsche AG (via Baker & McKenzie)
Microsoft Hellas and Microsoft Corporation (via Davis Wright Tremain LLP)
Apple (via Baker & McKenzie)
Google (via Baker & McKenzie)
Telecom Technology Services Inc
China Global Television Network Europe Ltd (via Baker& McKenzie)
- Advising Audi AG on the regulatory framework for the infotainment system in Audi vehicles.
- Advised Ripple Labs on liability issues arising from the dissolution of a digital asset/cryptocurrency exchange.
- Advised Microsoft Corporation on legal issues regarding operating data centres and data transport networks in Greece.
KBVL is engaged for a range of TMT matters, although it primarily provides ‘standout expertise' in data privacy and data compliance projects. 'Expert' Apostolos Vorras has a strong track record in GDPR and e-Privacy Directive compliance projects across a wealth of industries and has served as data protection officer to several prominent entities; he leads the department alongside Ilias Koimtzoglou. The firm is a member of the Deloitte Legal global network, enhancing its capacity for cross-border mandates.
Apostolos Vorras; Ilias Koimtzoglou
‘In the context of our collaboration on a privacy and personal data compliance project, KBVL had a team of highly qualified professionals with standout expertise in the subject matter. In my opinion, the team’s strength is their knowhow and their high level of professionalism in addressing the client’s requests but also in working with other colleagues.’
‘The team is very familiar with and uses daily advanced technological means in order to practise law, communicate internally and externally, and make themselves available to the client in the most efficient manner. This alone is a valuable asset that makes them stand out from an average law firm in Greece.’
‘The team is comprised of individuals with a high level of professionalism that made working together ideal. Each team member was available and interested in addressing on time all client requests by customising their advice and services in general, taking into account all aspects of such requests, both legal and business, and the client’s particular needs. Apart from their expertise, the team was very keen on maintaining a close and good relationship with the client’s representatives, which made them highly reliable.’
‘In my opinion, Apostolos Vorras is a highly skilled professional and a person with values and good leadership skills who had a key role in maintaining both a good working environment for the team and also a trusting lawyer-client relationship.’
‘KBVL Law Firm is distinguished by its business-oriented approach, highly efficient team of legal professionals and in-depth knowledge of the business environment.’
‘Apostolos Vorras is a highly qualified legal expert on data protection and privacy issues. He provides resourceful and comprehensive advice on complex legal matters and is strongly dedicated to promoting data protection and privacy compliance. Apostolos is a results-driven professional, demonstrating a strong academic background together with extensive experience from various business sectors and a profound perception of clients’ business needs.’
Aegean Airlines S.A.
Latsco Group of Companies
Olympia Development S.A.
AXA Insurance S.A.
Deloitte Business Solutions S.A.
Post Credit S.A.
- Advised Aegean Airlines S.A. on the legal and regulatory aspects of its digital operations.
- Advised Olympia Development S.A. on the design and implementation of its digital marketing strategy.
- Advised AXA Insurance S.A. on the implementation of an innovative mobile application.
Michalis Kosmopoulos; Panagiotis Drakopoulos
‘Great experience overall. The team is very insightful with demonstrated expertise in this field. On top of that, their professionalism, efficiency and reliability make them stand out in the legal market.’
‘Michalis Kosmopoulos has been very responsive, as well as personable and understanding.’
‘Drakopoulos respond efficiently to complex legal problems with flexible commercial solutions, helping us to achieve our business objectives.’
‘Drakopoulos’ lawyers know the law and advise us on what we cannot do, but they also have the skills to understand our business vision and assist us with materialising our objectives in a secure and effective way. Michalis Kosmopoulos is a TMT and IP expert who understands the technological technicalities of what we do and provides tailor-made advice that suits our particular needs.’
HELLENIC PETROLEUM GROUP OF COMPANIES
ALLEGIS GLOBAL SOLUTIONS
- Advised Google with respect to the local regulatory compliance of its gaming platform Google Stadia.
- Advised Karhoo with respect to the applicable local regulatory requirements of its electronic platform and mobile application.
- Advised Vodafone Group with respect to the applicable local regulatory requirements on data retention.
KLC Law Firm handles a number of mandates, including data protection and contractual matters, as well as a variety of related disputes. In the telecoms sector, it regularly advises on applicable laws such as short code and antenna licensing; the team is also active in the radio, TV and electronic commerce industries, where it handles a range of regulatory matters. Vassilis Voutsakis leads the department, which has notable proficiency in both Greek and EU law.
Other key lawyers:
Vassilios Karagiannis; Theodore Loukopoulos
Hellenic Financial Stability Fund
British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce
Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Advised the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund on compliance with GDPR as well as the new Greek data protection law, and drafted a data protection impact assessment on distance working.
- Acted as a legal counsel to Chipita SA on compliance with GDPR as well as the new Greek data protection law, and assisted the client with revising several policies.
- Advised the Royal Olympic Hotel on GDPR compliance and the new Greek data protection law, as well as assisting with policy drafting.
Nicolas Kanellopoulos – Chara Zerva & Associates is home to a dedicated data management and data protection team made up of several specialised partners and associates. The group is adept in the full array of GDPR matters and is jointly headed by Nicolas Kanellopoulos, Chara Zerva and Ira Chioni.
Nicolas Kanellopoulos; Chara Zerva; Ira Chioni
Region of Attica
Municipality of Kallithea
Special Interdisciplinary Association of Prefecture Attica (EDSNA)
IDIKA S.A. (e-Government Center for Social Security Services)
The Hellenic Confederation of Professionals, Craftsmen & Merchants (GSEVEE)
Vocational Training Center of GSEVEE
Small Business Institute of GSEVEE
Athens Chamber of Tradesmen
OAKA | Olympic Athletic Center of Athens “Spiros Louis”
Municipality of Agrinio
Technical Chamber of Greece
Hellenic Post (ELTA)
ELTA courier S.A.
Relational Technology S.A.
HDI Global S.Ε.- Greek Branch
SANI RESORT AND IKOS RESORTS Group
Grivalia Hospitality S.A.-Greek Branch
Bioiatriki S.A. Group
Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (“TAIPED”)
- Appointed as the data protection officer for the Bioiatriki Group, and advising on GDPR compliance in the introduction of new technologies in the provision of healthcare services.
- Appointed as the data protection officer of the Sani-Ikos Group and leading the client’s data privacy compliance programme regarding the collection and processing of the personal data of guests and employees.
- Advising TrainOSE S.A. on ensuring compliance with the recommendations of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, particularly the compliance of the client’s websites with data privacy legislation.
At Platis – Anastassiadis & Associates Law Partnership, the keystone of the TMT practice is its provision of privacy law services. Headed by Antonios Broumas, the team serves as external designated data protection officer to a number of business clients. Additional standout fields include the full array of electronic communication, digital law and IT matters, covering e-commerce, open banking and artificial intelligence.
Other key lawyers:
Taxibeat UK Ltd
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the establishment of the fintech regulatory sandbox at the Central Bank of Greece.
- Providing data protection officer support services to Greek online taxi-hailing platform Beat Ltd.
Sarantitis is particularly well regarded for its advice to telecoms providers on a broad variety of contentious and non-contentious mandates. It also has a commendable capacity for all areas of IT law and is extremely active in the field of data protection, having been engaged in numerous GDPR compliance matters of late. Senior associate Antonis Katsigiannis fronts the department.
Other key lawyers:
Gregory Vlachos; Terina Raptis
Greek Atomic Energy Commission (EEAE)
PCCW Global Hellas S.A.
Osborne Clarke (Hamburg, Germany)
De Beers Group Limited; De Beers Jewellers (through Herbert Smith Freehills LLP)
Verizon Media (EMEA) Limited (through Osborne Clarke LLP)
Booking.com BV (through Fox Williams LLP)
The Open University
Axion Hellas Non-Profit Company
- Conducted a full-scale GDPR compliance audit for the Greek Atomic Energy Commission (EEAE).
- Acting as sole legal counsel to the Greek subsidiary of PCCW Global, advising on all matters related to its operation, including but not limited to corporate law and telecoms legislation.
- Advised De Beers Group Limited with respect to the launch of the De Beers e-commerce platform.