With a client base spanning a range of sectors including shipping, banking, pharmaceuticals and defence, Andersen Legal - Pistiolis - Triantafyllos & Associates Law Firm fields a holistic and highly capable employment practice. The team chiefly advises on structural employment matters including furlough schemes, policy reviews and the implementation of remote and hybrid working, and has a strong record in employment litigation. Anastasios Triantafyllos is noted for his expertise in severance pay and discrimination cases, while Theodore Pistiolis advises on strategic employment policy and compliance. Paraskevas Zourntos is recommended for contentious matters and has represented a number of high profile clients including Allianz, Attica Group and Adidas.
Employment in Greece
Anastasios Triantafyllos; Theodore Pistiolis; Paraskevas Zourntos
Other key lawyers:
‘We have worked with Andersen Legal team for many years – a great cooperation based on trust. Each year the firm confirms its highly professional status and reputation. They have a dedicated team, working with passion to deliver the best possible solution. They demonstrate deep knowledge and expertise, offering innovative solutions and tools that facilitate our daily professional life.’
‘Theodore Pistiolis has an excellent ability to transform a multitude of complex insights into clear actions that support business objectives. The highest standards in terms of values and business ethics are another dimension of Theodore’s personality. When it comes to employment matters, we work with Anastasios Triantafyllos, who is a great lawyer and is able to provide you with a totally effective approach to any challenge.’
‘Andersen Legal is a law firm with great reputation in the Greek market, but also known for its ability to work in complex projects. They are trying to deliver top-notch advices, no matter what. Overall, we appreciate their commitment to excellence, the hard work and the unique client service.’
‘Theodore Pistiolis and Anastasios Triantafyllos are undoubtedly top employment law specialists and unparalleled experts in the area of employment law. Anastasios has vast experience, litigation skills and is a very effective communicator. The kind of lawyer you would always want on your side of the table.’
‘An excellent team, very good communication and collaboration. Absolute professionals.’
‘Very experienced team with very high training and proper documentation in every query.’
‘Stand out partners are Theodore Pistiolis and Paraskevas Zourntos. They are both extremely committed to achieve results, very diligent in their work and always available to assist their clients. What differentiates the firm from other legal firms is that they promise the personal engagement of their top people, and they honour this promise.’
‘The team enlightens our company with the latest news about labour developments trying to adjust legislation requirements with business needs.’
AKTOR Constructions S.A
Allianz Hellas Insurance Company
Attica Holdings SA (Attica Group)
Energean Oil & Gas
Allianz Trade (Euler Hermes)
Cooperative Bank of Thessaly
Greek Shipowners Association for Passenger Ships (SEEN)
Intracom Defence Electronics – IDE
Intracom Constructions SA (Intrakat)
Intracom Telecom S.A.
ITF Hellas Pharmaceuticals SA
Magna Marine Ship Management Corporation
Netcompany – Intrasoft S.A. Greek Branch
Plaisio Computers S.A.
Saint-Gobain Hellas S.A.
- Advised Energean Oil & Gas on the implementation of a furlough scheme for company employees; also engaged in handling 150 litigation cases of former employees.
- Advised Independent Power Transmission Operator S.A. on the review of its regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Advised Taskus Greece on the implementation of a remote working concept.
Counting multinational and major domestic companies among its key roster of clients, POTAMITISVEKRIS has established itself as one of the top employment firms in the country. The team is regularly engaged in large-scale disputes and arbitrations, as well as overseeing employee transfer matters and providing ongoing HR assistance. Practice head Alexios Papastavrou, who is recommended for his ‘broad and deep knowledge of this field’ and praised as ‘truly irreplaceable’ by clients, has experience assisting with the employment aspects of M&A, in addition to advising on collective bargaining agreements and trade union matters, with a strong record in employment disputes. Papastavrou is supported by a stellar ensemble of employment specialist senior associates, including Despoina Charakopoulou, Nikolas Sigkridis and Anastasia Platipodi.
Other key lawyers:
Despoina Charakopoulou; Nikolas Sigkridis; Anastasia Platipodi
‘Expertise and experience.’
‘Throughout our longstanding collaboration, Alexios Papastavrou is provably unique in the field of employment law. His broad and deep knowledge of this field and his ability to understand the client’s needs and find practical solutions to even the most complex problems, makes him truly irreplaceable.’
‘The colleagues involved in the team supporting us are well-educated and know this field of law very well. They are quick, accurate and precise in the advice they provide. The results are always positive.’
‘The team has excellent knowledge of the law and the legal reality in Greece. They adopt a practical and business friendly approach that makes them real business partners.’
‘Alexios Papastavrou for being a business partner, for his strategic thinking and practical approach. Nikolaos Sygkridis for his diligence and knowledge of the law.’
‘Excellent know-how and consistent updates on developments with effective approach to business partnership and consulting.’
‘Excellent collaboration in individual level with easy and direct availability providing added value with their expertise in each issue they manage.’
New Greek PostBank (Eurobank)
Procter & Gamble
Johnson and Johnson
The Royal Bank of Scotland (NatWest Markets Plc)
Notos Com Holdings
Bolton Hellas SA
Lidl Hellas SA
Alfa Vita Vasilopoulos SA (Delhaize Group)
AGET IRAKLIS (Lafarge Group)
ARVAL Hellas SA
The Nielsen Company
VolksWagen Bank GmbH
Holmes Place Med B.V.
Aegean Baltic Bank
YARA Hellas SA
Alcon Laboratories Hellas SA
HDI Global SE HELLAS
Vouchers Services SA (EDENRED)
The American College of Greece (ACG)
WOLT Technoligies Hellas
Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
Hilton International Co
Premia European Holdings S.A.R.L.
Plastika Kritis SA
Hellas Gold SA
Closer 2021 Limited
Patras Port Authority S.A.
KEA Hara non-profit association
SNFCC (Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center SA)
Neogen Europe Ltd
To Your Door S.A.
Komvos (pro bono)
- Represented OTE against claims for reinstatement by employees who had been transferred following a spin-off to subsidiaries companies through the preliminary measures process initially and lawsuits afterwards.
- Represented Lidl Hellas before the Organization of Mediation and Arbitration with the signing of collective labour agreement.
- Advised Eldorado Hellas for the signing of labour agreement with the Union representing employees in the surface operations of the company for the implementation of 27/4 operation scheme.
Bernitsas Law assists with the employment aspects of M&A deals and takeovers in addition to advising on ongoing employment and HR mandates for a range of large-scale clients. One client praises the team for its expertise in restructurings, ‘managing each step smoothly’. The practice’s workload encompasses numerous sectors, including infrastructure, private equity, hospitality and manufacturing. Katia Papantonopoulou, an expert in both aviation and employment law, leads the practice, while senior associate Maria Kloni is another key contact in the group.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team has excellent English, are very practical and to the point in their advice, and are very responsive. We have worked with them for a considerable time and have never been disappointed.’
‘They were efficient at getting us set up in Greece and were able to easily navigate any issues we have had. It is not simple to set up in Greece and their advice was crucial during this process.’
‘The response times and the detailed replies I have found very helpful as it cuts out a lot of time where information is only drip-fed. Everyone that I have dealt with at Bernitsas have been great.’
‘The team is highly professional and was very much attentive to our needs and comments. The team was very responsive and kept us updated all the time. The team members are very nice, and it was very pleasant working with them.’
‘Professional, responsive, pleasant and kind people to work with.’
‘Maria Kloni is highly recommended.’
‘The whole team is fantastic. Very professional with deep knowledge of legal issues in a variety of subjects.’
‘The team did a great job in supporting us during a very complex restructuring phase. They have been managing each step smoothly, on time and with the right level of communication, which is not at all simple considering the complexity of the subject.’
Acun Medya SA
BMW Hellas SA
BMW Austria Bank
Copenhagen Infrastructure Service Company
CRS Liknoss SA
CVC Capital Partners
Monster Energy Europe Limited
Hoist Hellas SA
Sealed Air Hellas SA
- Advised CVC in relation to the employment law aspects of the successful acquisition from National Bank of Greece of 100% of the leading Greek insurer Ethniki Insurance.
- Advised Prodege LLC on employment law issues arising from their acquisition of Pollfish Inc.
- Advising BMW Hellas on a wide range of employment matters on an ongoing basis, including advice and support on the recent employment law developments.
Recommended for its ‘high level of knowledge of Greek labor law’, Dryllerakis & Associates is frequently called upon to advise both multinational and local Greek businesses with updating employment policies in line with new regulation, implementing new employment practices and data protection matters. The team, which is noted for its longstanding cooperation with international law firm Baker McKenzie LLP, is led by experienced employment lawyer Vassilis Constantinidis. Anna Damilakis is another key contact in the group.
Other key lawyers:
‘We have been working with Dryllerakis & Associates team for a number of years. An exceptional cooperation, efficient, solution-oriented and easy to discuss complicated labor law issues with.’
‘High level of knowledge of Greek labor law, even in cases which are extremely complicated. Always available, always provides us with a solution.’
‘Professional and at the same time friendly approach. Always punctual.’
‘Anna Damilakis has very good knowledge and when she advises you, you are in safe hands.’
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Beiersdorf Hellas S.A.
Burlington Books S.A.
Grant Thornton S.A.
Henkel Hellas S.A.
Loulis Mills SA
Mondelez Europe Services Gmbh (Greek Branch)
Pirelli Tyres S.A.
- Assisting Henkel Hellas in the task of harmonising regional/central employment policies, practices and procedures with the Greek work environment, in light of the most recent labor law reforms affecting several aspects of the work life, including sexual harassment and violence-related policies.
- Providing legal advice and assistance to Burlington Books in tackling the adverse effects of the virus outbreak, implementation of collective measures (rotation scheme, suspension of employment contracts), telework policy and continuous advice on day-to-day employment issues.
- Assisting Pirelli Tires SA in the preparation and establishment of new corporate policies within the company as regards various employment matters, including employee handbook for the processing of employee personal data under GDPR and local data protection laws.
A member of the international Deloitte Legal network, KBVL is strong in employment work for distressed business clients. The practice handles litigation and negotiations with labor authorities, collective dismissals and trade union relations. Key to this work is practice head and counsel Alexandros Doschoris, who is experienced in employment restructuring mandates, as well as workplace policy implementation. Doschoris is supported by associate Eleni Malapani.
Other key lawyers:
Ilias Koimtzoglou; Elini Malapani
‘Superb knowledge of the law and its practical implementation.’
‘Superb insight into the best manner to deal with legal issues in employment law in an organisation dealing with significant issues, including business impact. I would recommend Ilias Koimtzoglou, the engagement partner and Alexandros Doschoris, the associate involved.’
‘KBVL team is unique in its way of handling various occurring client requests/issues, by combining realistic/human centered approach with legal professionalism.’
‘During the past year we worked with Alexandros Doschoris’ team. Mr. Doschoris has proven multiple times that he has thorough knowledge and experience in the sector he is specializing in and has provided effective solutions. The team is promptly accessible and contactable and delivers on time.’
‘The company provides tailor-made solutions with extensive experience in employment issues according to local laws and regulations. The collaboration with the firm and the billing process is flexible based on the client’s need.’
‘The company has an extensive network of associates that can provide bespoke solutions to employment issues. There is a transparent communication and partners are always available to assist in any emerging issues.’
‘Very helpful and prompt. Quite sophisticated and able to assess complex matters and give valuable input.’
‘Alexandros Doschoris is great to work with, good and sensible advice.’
Decathlon Greece Sporting Good Single
Sunlight Group Energy Storage Systems Industrial
Santander Consumer Finance Greek Branch
- Advised on all employment aspects of Larco’s distressed business plan; represented Larco in litigation cases with respect to the collective dismissals of over 1,000 employees; and successfully represented Larco before the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (ASE) as well as proceeded with consultations with employees’ representatives and trade unions.
- Represented Hellenic Shipyards, which has been placed under special administration, before the Greek labour authorities regarding the new employment structure due to the upcoming implementation of an agreed distressed business plan.
- Acted as legal counsel to Astir Palace on all employment matters, with a particular focus on the drafting of a policy against violence and harassment in the workplace; and successfully represented the client before the competent labour authorities.
KLC Law Firm advises NGOs on employment matters, with Medecins Sans Frontiers being a key client, as well as representing multinational private companies across multiple sectors, including fashion and telecoms, shipping and maritime. The practice, which provides day-to-day support in HR issues, in addition to handling termination disputes and collective bargaining issues, is headed by Stavros Andriopoulos, who has considerable employment advisory and dispute resolution experience. Associate Aliki Dede is another key contact in the team.
Other key lawyers:
Aliki Dede; Danai Lantzou
‘KLC Law Firm team’s depth and breadth of knowledge ensures that they are able to support every client’s business needs successfully and provide high quality, innovative legal solutions in the increasingly complex area of legislation and practice.’
‘Stavros Andriopoulos is an excellent legal advisor, with numerous of strengths and qualities.’
‘The team provides full legal support in relation to the legal framework governing the outset, operation and termination of labour relations, having particular expertise in business mobility and company’s restructuring.’
‘Legal services provided match legal knowledge, professionalism and know-how. We collaborate with Stavros Andriopoulos, Aliki Dedeand and Danai Lantzou. The team responds quickly and thoroughly to the various issues concerning labor relations in the company. It is a united and experienced team which understands what the customer needs.’
‘Following our activities the range of the legal topics are varied and covers very different aspects (labor law, non-profit legislation, tax legislation, legacy law, GDPR, maritime legislation and urban planning).’
‘The most valuable factor in our collaboration is the feeling that they are always there to support and give legal advice to any different topic. We recommend them feeling of security that they will give you from their advice. They took into consideration the specificity of our legal form and the historical background of our entity as well as our statutory scope.’
‘KLC Law Firm has a unique experience in labour law. They always provide business friendly advice, avoiding long presentations regarding the general legal background.’
‘Stavros Andriopoulos is always available providing to the point legal advice and creating a strong relationship, inspiring trust.’
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF Greek Section)
Adidas Hellas SA (Adidas Group)
International Rescue Committee (Irc Hellas)
British Hellenic Chamber Of Commerce
Hellenic Financial Stability Fund (HFSF)
Hellenic Shipyards S.A.
Specifar SA (Teva Group)
Allergan Hellas SA (Abbvie Group)
Nik. I. Theocharakis S.A. (Nissan)
Athens International Airport S.A.
Vodafone – Panafon S.A.( Vodafone Group)
Hellenic Cables S.A. (Viohalco Group)
Excelya S.A. (Excelya Group)
Εlsa – Silgan S.A. (Silgan Group)
Thyssenkrupp Marine Systems AG
Ntt Data, Inc.
Veson Nautical LLC
Motol Oil Renewable Energy Single Member S.A.
- Acted for the last ten years as MSF legal counsel, in close cooperation with the management and the Human Resources Department of the organization, providing legal opinions regarding the day-to-day activity and legal representation services for the resolution of employment disputes with former employees, associates and managers.
- Providing legal advice and support in settlement of legal issues regarding the day-to-day activity of the VODAFONE group in Greece.
- Acting as legal counsel, in close cooperation with the management and the Human Resources Department of Gravila, providing legal assistance in the collective bargaining procedures with the employees and settlement of legal issues regarding the day-to-day activity and legal representation services in individual and collective lawsuits for the resolution of employment disputes.
KREMALIS - Law Firm, member of Ius Laboris
Counting multinational household names among its key roster of clients, KREMALIS - Law Firm, member of Ius Laboris specialises in employment and HR mandates, assisting with contract drafting, policy strategising, collective agreements and contentious matters. Practice head Dimitrios Kremalis regularly acts for multinational clients on HR issues, in addition to employment matters, particularly in the healthcare sector. Senior associate Korina Paschaliori handles projects involving the implementation of TUPE directives, collective redundancies, individual employment contracts for high-executives and dismissals, among others.
Other key lawyers:
Konstantinos Kremalis; Korina Paschaliori
‘Kremalis – Law Firm is a trustworthy partner for our legal concerns for our branch in Greece. We appreciate them for their competent advice and flexible, prompt handling of our concerns.’
‘In this cooperation, we would like to highlight Mr. Dimitrios Kremalis and Ms. Korina Paschaliori.’
‘Business friendly and results oriented; knowledgeable in the law.’
Kyriakides Georgopoulos Law Firm supports its diverse corporate client base, including multinational corporations such as Coca-Cola, as well as major Greek manufacturers, with day-to-day employment support, in addition to restructuring-related mass lay-offs. Other key areas of expertise include pensions, employee transfers and recruitment mandates. Ioanna Kyriazi leads the team and has experience advising on internal structural employment matters, as well as contentious work, including social security disputes.
Other key lawyers:
Kelly Papadaki; Dorita Bezati; Ioanna Chanoumi
‘Experienced team in all employment issues.’
‘Good coordination in all areas.’
Imperial Tobacco Hellas
Free Now (former Beat Mobility Services)
CSL Behring Hellas
Merck, Sharp & Dohme Pharmaceutical Industrial and Commercial S.A. (MSD Pharmaceuticals)
H & M Hennes & Mauritz SA
Bank of America
On Line Delivery (E-food)
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on a major restructuring project, which involved an internal reorganization and staff reductions.
- Advised a tobacco producer on the implementation of a new hybrid model of work for employees in Greece, as well as the implementation of a new Anti-Harassment and Speak-Up Policy
Sarantitis provides support in the management of executive employee relationships and general ongoing HR and regulatory matters. The firm also has expertise in employee transfers following M&A deals, including rapid time pressured relocations. With a branch in the port of Piraeus, the team has robust connections to the shipping industry and has established itself as a go-to firm for employment work in this sector. Theodora Monochartzis leads the team and has a strong track record in handling contentious employment matters.
Other key lawyers:
Terina Raptis; Dorotheos Samoladas
‘Very professional team, easy to find and communicate, high business acumen and empathy.’
‘Terina Raptis is extremely knowledgeable, business oriented.’
‘The team is strong in providing valuable insight focusing on the business implications on multiple levels and the overall risk of the legal issue, rather than only the legal line of defense or claim that must be followed.’
‘They communicate efficiently, and they are easy to reach. They build on a certain issue with a holistic approach and try to be proactive and protect the client from having to deal with similar legal cases in the future. Theodora Monochartzis and Terina Raptis are leading the practice for our corporation.’
Diageo Hellas S.A.
Neptune Lines Shipping & Managing Enterprises S.A.
Mytilineos Holdings SA
Maillis International SA – Maillis Group of Companies
Shipping Agents Union – International Maritime Union – D.N.E.
Solaria Energia y Medio Ambiente
PCCW Global (Hellas) S.A.
Mr. Dimosthenis Georgopoulos and Select Fish S.A.
YieldStreet Marine Inc.
- Providing ongoing advice to Diageo Hellas S.A. in employment matters for its Greek subsidiary.
- Advised Mytilineos, an aluminium producer, during its participation in two bidding procedures, one organized by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) and another by the special administration of Larco, the state-controlled nickel producer in Greece, for the privatization of Larco’s assets, including legal advice on possible risk of application of the Acquired Rights Directive (98/50/EC) regarding automatic transfer of Larco employees under the above transactions.
- Acting as permanent advisors of Neptune Lines Shipping & Managing Enterprises S.A., advising on employment relationships, including all management and senior executive employment relationships, of the Companies of the Group.
Zepos & Yannopoulos specialises in cross-border employment transfers and rapid recruitment drives. The firm is also frequently called upon by international clients to advise on the employment aspects of establishing business in Greece. Rania Papakonstantinou, an expert in transfers of undertakings, as well as mass lay-offs, leads the team. Manolis Zacharakis, who works on the employment aspects of takeovers and restructurings, is another key contact in the group.
Other key lawyers:
Intercontinental Exchange (ICE)
- Advised and assisted Deutsche Telecom in relation to the staffing of Deutsche Telecom’s new IT Hub in Thessaloniki through simultaneous recruitment and immigration into Greece of over 230 new employees as well as their family members within a record period of 3 weeks.
- Advised and assisted Christian Dior for the staffing of two DIOR pop-up stores on the island of Mykonos.
- Assisted Swedish fintech company Klarna in relation to all the employment law aspects related to the set-up of its business in Greece.
AP Legal advises on the day-to-day handling of employment regulatory issues and employee relations matters for its range of corporate clients, including multinational corporations such as Generali and Tesla. The firm is also recommended for assisting with the employment aspects of commencing business in Greece. Alexandra Argyropoulou and Aris Papaspyridis jointly lead the team.
Alexandra Argyropoulou; Aris Papaspyridis
Ti Sparkle Sa
Ferring Hellas Sa
Advanced Micro Devices
Atlas Technology Solutions
- Provided advice to AMD on employment law matters regarding, among others, employee headcount triggers vis-à-vis work council, equal pay, social security, pension, internal rules and health and safety obligations.
- Provided advice to Infobip with regards to hiring Greek Employees in the absence of an Infobip Greek subsidiary (outline of the process, required tax and social security submissions, required notifications with the competent authorities etc.).
Avramopoulos & Partners assists with negotiating and drafting employment contracts and offers expertise in employee outsourcing. The team, which is jointly led by Athanassios Avgeros and Barbara Angelopoulou, also acts on employee disputes concerning working arrangements, including those relating to senior employees. Terminations and regulatory compliance matters form part of the practice's workload.
Athanassios Avgeros; Barbara Angelopoulou
Sabre Travel Network
AT & T GNS
Karma Group of Companies
BallasPelecanos Law counts multinational corporations, including Google, Goldman Sachs, Mitsubishi and Qatar Airways, among its key roster of clients. The practice assists with employment matters relating to acquisitions, commencement of business in Greece and startups, as well as mass lay-offs and terminations. Grace Katsoulis, who is praised as ‘commercial and pragmatic’ and ‘demonstrating strong technical skills’, leads the team.
‘Availability, experience, practical advice and good English.’
‘Grace Katsoulis is on top of all interactions, accountable, experienced and knowledgeable.’
‘The team is very commercial and responsive. They explain complex legal concepts clearly and adopt a solutions-focused approach.’
‘We worked with Grace Katsoulis who was very engaged, responsive and easy to work with. In addition to demonstrating strong technical skills, Grace was commercial and pragmatic. She also demonstrated a strong understanding of the client’s objectives and the relevant sector.’
‘Grace Katsoulis is always well-prepared and competent. She provides accurate evaluations and consultation.’
Qatar Airways Group
Meta (ex Facebook)
Envoy Global Inc.
Europ Assistance SA (Greek Branch)
Ford Motor Hellas
SAS Institute Inc.
Volvo Car Hellas
- Advising Meta on ongoing employment law matters in relation to Meta’s newly acquired Greek start-up, Accusonus.
- Provided GS with comprehensive employment law advice in relation to their newly hired employees supporting their recently established operations in Greece.
- Assisted Ermenegildo Zenga with the termination of employment contracts, as part of their closing down procedures for one of their stores in Athens.
Drakopoulos has demonstrable expertise in regulatory compliance and employment relationship arrangements, with particular skill in multi-jurisdictional employee outsourcing. The team has contentious capabilities, acting on a range of disputes including those concerning trade secrets. The firm has also carved out a notable niche for advising companies from the UK operating in Greece. Founding partner Panagiotis Drakopoulos leads the team alongside Georgia Konstantinidou.
Panagiotis Drakopoulos; Georgia Konstantinidou
Other key lawyers:
‘They show active interest in client issues and provide innovative ideas’.
‘They show empathy and are active listeners.’
‘Drakopoulos provides attentive, highest-quality, personalised and accurate advice on all queries/projects/cases assigned to them by our company, managing to meet all deadlines, even the tightest ones.’
‘Drakopoulos offers solutions, always keeping in mind that what clients need is not lawyers who just know the law and advise them on what they cannot do, but rather lawyers with high legal skills who understand their business vision and assist them with materialising their objectives in a secure, effective and sustainable way.’
‘I would recommend Sofia Ampoulidou who handles diverse employment matters, draws up contracts for new hires, handles both employment litigation and advisory matters, and provides tailor-made advice that suits our particular needs.’
Harper Macleod Llp
- Advised Harper Macleod LLP on matters regarding the employment of Greek and British employees in Greece, including the applicable regulatory regime governing employment outsourcing.
- Advised Reckitt Benkiser on introducing on a more permanent basis the possibility of distant working by putting in place new employment agreements, adjusted so as to address the requirements of working remotely.
- Advised Softone Tevhnologies regarding the regulatory regime governing work accidents and internal HR policies.
Iason Skouzos & Partners is recommended for its employment advisory work in the telecoms and IT sectors. The team’s workload includes ongoing HR support and drafting, as well as union negotiations. The team is led by Theodoros Skouzos, who is supported on many of the firm’s key matters by tax consultant Ourania Moraitou, who is praised for her ‘attention to detail’. Dionysis Xenos left the firm to join Alpha Astika Akinita.
Other key lawyers:
Ioanna Giannakopoulou; Athina Flatsousi; Ourania Moraitou
‘The team’s attention to detail is exemplary. They can provide advice on matters across multiple industry sectors and for various cases complicated or not.’
‘Theodoros Skouzos is always available and very helpful. Ourania Moraitou is excellent, with great attention to detail.’
‘In general, the whole team is efficient and easy to work with.’
‘Very good grasp of situations and legal implications of each case, having excellent communication with Clients. Very good team with broad capacities in all legal, tax, and social implications. Very fast and efficient response to clients’ needs.’
‘The team stands out in its professionalism and ethical practices and approach to the client. A general sense that the client is respected with professional services.’
‘Theodoros Skouzos, Ioanna Giannakopoulou and Athina Flatsousi are the primary team we have worked with over the years. Very polite professional approach but most of all they communicate the confidence that matters are monitored. We trust in their capacity to review and alert us on tax code changes and regulations that affect the client.’
‘The clients we referred to Iason Skouzos & Partners have always received close personal attention from senior, knowledgeable principals and are very satisfied with their service.’
‘Theodoros Skouzos is always available with excellent advice and an approachable manner.’
Nokia, Solutions and Networks Hellas S.A.
QIVOS WE CREATE CUSTOMER LOYALTY S.A
Baino Estates Ltd
Sportion Development Services
- Advised Nokia, Solutions and Networks Hellas S.A. on Labor Union issues in relation to the covid-19 pandemic crisis
- Monitoring all developments on the unilateral teleworking system for Nokia, Solutions and Networks Hellas S.A.
Lambadarios Law Firm provides day-to-day employment law support, including contractual updating and the implementation of remote and hybrid working, for a mixture of domestic and multinational clients. The firm also acts in contentious matters, such as defending companies in personal injury claims by former employees. The team is jointly led by Katerina Malanou and Chara Daouti.
Katerina Malanou; Chara Daouti
Trane Hellas S.A.
Athenian Brewery S.A.
Whirlpool Hellas S.A.
Goodyear Hellas S.A.
- Advising Diversey on day-to-day employment issues, including the provisions of the recent Greek employment law of 2021, the application in the workplace of urgent measures related to Covid-19 and the implementation of remote work.
- Advising Whirlpool on its update of employment contracts in view of the change of the company’s registered seat and supporting the Company in the implementation of a hybrid work model.
- Advising Goodyear on its update of employment contracts, including those of specific categories of employees (e.g. managerial employees, sellers, employees who permanently work remotely).
Noted for its corporate expertise, Masouros & Partners continues to consolidate its employment practice, with clients recommending the team for providing ‘quick, efficient, intelligible advice’. The firm primarily deals with the employment aspects of M&A deals, including employee transfers and establishment of business in Greece, as well as providing contractual drafting services and regulatory compliance advice. Founding partner Pavlos Masouros leads the practice.
Other key lawyers:
Prokopis Iatropoulos; Nelly Peraki
‘Masouros & Partners has built a trustworthy employment team that helps make it simple and keep our clients current with efficient advice. They meet the deadlines, they are agile and have very solid background in employment law.’
‘Prokopis Iatropoulos is the key figure in the employment practice at this firm. Calm, patient and available 24/7 with attention to detail.’
‘We decided to test Masouros’ service in employment law, a firm we knew very well from the corporate work they had done for our clients. We instantly realised the difference in that once we used their employment law services, our clients started receiving quick, efficient, intelligible advice. A deadline was never missed again.’
‘The people at this firm are committed to what they do. Prokopis Iatropoulos is delivering employment law service 24/7 and in line with the standards that his supervisor, Pavlos Masouros, has set for all work produced by this firm his service is excellent.’
‘The team is very reactive and knowledgeable. Deliverables are always delivered on time. Team is ready to go the extra mile to obtain clients’ satisfaction.’
‘We have worked with Pavlos Masouros and Prokopis Iatropoulos. We enjoyed working with them both. Both were very reactive and available for questions and feedbacks.’
‘The team’s employment law practice goes hand-in-hand with their reputable M&A practice, as they are primarily dealing with the employment law aspects of M&As. However, our clients have recently used them in employment litigation and have found their services to be stellar and their work in Court to be very thorough.’
‘Prokopis Iatropoulos is the lawyer retaining the employment law expertise within the firm. Nelly Peraki also deserves a mention as she acts as the liaison between the firm’s M&A practice and labor law practice. They are both fantastic lawyers and whenever we’ve referred cases to them our clients love them!’
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Selka Single Member Limited Company
- Advising the Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel on its day-to-day management of employment law matters, working regulations, policies, complaints and litigation.
- Advising the Mandarin Oriental Costa Navarino on the conclusion of its General Manager’s employment contract.
- Advising SG Digital on employment law matters connected with changing the employees’ local employing entity.
Platis – Anastassiadis & Associates Law Partnership forms part of the EY Law network and assists clients with the employment implications of restructuring, mergers and takeovers. The firm also has a strong record in employment litigation, including termination disputes involving trade unions. The team is led by Maria Rigaki, who has expertise in immigration matters and social security law issues.
Other key lawyers:
Dixons South‑East Europe SA
Randstad Hellas SA
Hellenic Vehicle Industry
Athenian Brewery (Heineken Greece)
American College Of Greece
Athens Exchange Group
Politis & Partners provides ongoing support to HR departments at multinational companies, particularly in the healthcare sector, providing knowledge of regulations and helping to update working practices to meet changes in labor codes. The team also assists with the drafting and reviewing of employment contracts and advises on GDPR issues. The practice is jointly led by Angeliki Saratsi, Nikos Anastopoulos and Emmanouil Savoidakis.
Angeliki Saratsi; Nikos Anastopoulos; Emmanouil Savoidakis
Other key lawyers:
‘Over the last few years, Politis & Partners labor law practice has been advising us throughout our HR functions, from updating our Work Rules policy, to redrafting and reviewing employment contracts, and observing our privacy related obligations towards employees. Its lawyers are at the tip of the spear when is comes to both technological and legislative developments.’
‘We are very happy with the overall performance of Politis & Partners. Vangelis Politis is an outstanding employment litigator, who is highly valued for his experience and agility.’
Abbott Laboratories Hellas S.A.
Bausch Health Hellas S.A. (member of the Bausch Health Group)
Sun Chemical Publications Hellas S.A.
Mood Media Hellas Ltd.
SPI Energy Co. Ltd (SPI)
Bosch Rexroth Automation Systems S.A.
Net Data Inc.