Hassans' 'highly engaged team of professionals' has expertise in all types of structures, including protected cell companies, limited partnerships, experienced investor funds (EIFs) and private funds. Practice head James Lasry has been involved in the setting up of Gibraltar's first experienced investor fund and the first protected cell company fund. Also recommended is Aaron Payas. Senior associate John Gordon recently left for an in-house position.
Investment funds in Gibraltar
‘A quality and highly engaged team of professionals’
‘Hassans are well organised, very professional and have deep knowledge.’
‘The team is dynamic and always seeking solutions to client challenges and needs. They are very technically strong on legal and regulatory matters.’
‘James Lasry is recognised as highly experienced, highly capable, knowledgeable and commercial funds practice lawyer.’
‘James Lasry and Aaron Payas are leaders in the investment fund sector. They are able to assist their client carefully. They fully understand client needs and are always proactive with solutions.’
‘Aaron Payas and John Gordon are outstanding professionals who stand out for their initiative and knowledge, proactively providing the client with help for improvement and business opportunities‘
Turicum Private Bank
- Advising INX Limited on its proposed security token offering (STO) both within the EU under a fully prospectus under the Prospectus Directive and (working with a US firm) in the US.
- Advised RockCyph3r Fund PCC Limited on the jurisdiction’s first Experienced Investor Fund set up with a complete multistrategy focus on cryptocurrencies.
Triay & Triay's funds practice, which is led by Javi Triay and Jay Gomez , is highly regarded by clients. The team has vast experience of setting up investment funds investing in a variety of asset classes, including renewable energy, medical infrastructure, real estate, bonds, private equity, debt instruments, listed securities, structured products, technology companies, blockchain infrastructure and cryptocurrencies.
‘The team not only has deep knowledge about all the legal matters in the financial industry, but the way it deals with the client and follow-up on all the client’s issues makes it unique‘
Apollo Global Fund PCC
Red Ribbon Strategic Fund PCC
Limited (cells North Block Capital Fund I & Seedslife Caban Impact Fund)
Red Ribbon Fund Management
- Assisted Apollo Global Fund PCC with the closure of a Cell of the Fund and the transfer of its investors and assets from Gibraltar to a UCITS in Malta.
- Assisted Red Ribbon Strategic Fund with the establishment of the North Block Capital Fund I and the Seedslife Caban Impact Fund. North Block Capital Fund is the first crypto fund to be listed on a ESMA-recognised stock exchange.
- Ongoing assistance to Altarius with daily regulatory matters and the establishment of its own funds in Gibraltar and Luxembourg.
Joey Garcia, who heads up the funds practice at ISOLAS LLP, is supported by 'a strong team of lawyers with excellent connections', including Jonathan Garcia and associate Harriet Almeida. The team provides full-service support to domestic and international investment managers, banks, family offices and private clients. Its expertise includes EIFs and crypto funds, among other vehicles.
Coinsillium Group Limited
- Assisting Coinsillium Group with the establishment of a private crypto fund established for the purpose of managing the cryptocurrencies and tokens paid to the company.