Gambling law in Gibraltar
Hassans is lauded for its 'unparalleled breadth of knowledge' of gambling regulations of Gibraltar and other jurisdictions. Peter Montegriffo QC is a 'reputable name in the industry' with previous experience of drafting numerous changes to Gibraltar's legislation in relation to trusts, financial services and gaming.
Peter Montegriffo QC
‘Hassans impresses with its depth and breadth of knowledge, not only of Gibraltar law but other jurisdictions. It grasps the issues raised from a commercial perspective and translate it to what is expected with a good understanding of the rules and policies in Gibraltar. ‘
‘Peter Montegriffo is a reputable name, has known the industry for years and has been involved from day one.’
William Hill Online
888 Holdings Plc
- Advised Red Tiger on its establishment in Gibraltar.
- Advising SBTech on its licence application, establishment in Gibraltar and ongoing regulatory support.
- Advising PlayAGS on its acquisition of Gameiom in Gibraltar.
At Ince Gibraltar, Andrew Tait is recommended for advice on gambling-related regulatory issues, compliance, governance and risk management. He is also an expert in anti-money laundering policies and commercial contracts involving gambling software licences and sponsorship agreements. Managing director Peter Howitt is also a name to note.
Andrew Tate, Peter Howitt
Genesis Global Ltd
- Assisted Malta-based operator Genesis Global with conducting a Gambling Regulatory Compliance assessment in order to determine compliance with UK and Maltese regulatory requirements.
- Advised Billion Dollar Drawer on gambling regulatory risk related to operating and promoting a foreign lottery to an international customer base.
- Advising on gambling software license drafting for an array of suppliers and customers of client, Nektan. Recent work includes advising on regulatory issues in relation to Nektan’s GB gambling software licence and company restructuring.
ISOLAS LLP has a strong track record of obtaining approvals of gaming licences from the Gibraltar gaming authorities, and its team also demonstrates a strong understanding of local and foreign gambling laws, processes and requirements. Peter Isola, Steven Caetano and Christian Caetano are the key figures.
Maple International Ventures Limited (T/A Lottomart)
William Hill Gibraltar
Lottoland (EL Lotto Limited)
Apostar (shareholder of Argon Financial)
- Assisted GAMEIOM with obtaining regulatory clearance of the change of control of Gibraltar gambling licence holder Gameiom Technologies (Gibraltar) Limited.
- Assisted Maple International Ventures with obtaining its Gibraltar gambling licences.
- Advised William Hill Gibraltar on negotiating and agreeing a negotiated settlement with GRA data regulator in connection with alleged breaches of the Data Protection Act.